Noctis
Jan 15th, 2011, 04:27 AM
:o Sabine..

Daniela-Is-Mine
Jan 15th, 2011, 04:27 AM
:o

Kworb
Jan 15th, 2011, 04:30 AM
:help: No one should be losing to Manasieva.

cosmoose
Time for daddy to step down and Sabine get a real coach.

goat
:sobbing:

Pops Maellard
Jan 15th, 2011, 04:32 AM
What the FUCK?! :help:

Temperenka
Jan 15th, 2011, 04:35 AM
Oh bloody hell :sobbing:

Michael!
Jan 15th, 2011, 04:36 AM
Nice, I can go to bed again at least..:o
Pathetic Sabine, from 52 in 1st set and *53 in TB of first set, to 67 46 and also after *21 in 2nd set, well done!
U really think that she is more confident now, after her great start so far and then she plays such a shit, that is so typical, but nothing new, last year that terrible match against Brianti here, she wastes big leads in almost every match she loses, she is one of the worst playes I have ever seen when it is about mental strength, seriously, just pathetic!

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 15th, 2011, 04:42 AM
The Hair :bolt:
Sabine really messed it up, gonna take a bit hit :(

Kai
Jan 15th, 2011, 04:47 AM
Sabine :lol:

hellas719
Jan 15th, 2011, 04:53 AM
Sabine :sad:

AnDrEi.b
Jan 15th, 2011, 06:13 AM
Sabs :sad:

RandomShot
Jan 15th, 2011, 06:14 AM
:o :sad:

Rod the Bama
Jan 15th, 2011, 06:16 AM
Oh Sabine. :sad: This is a not the way she needs to start out the year. :sad:

Sexysova
Jan 15th, 2011, 06:19 AM
:o

Sander.
Jan 15th, 2011, 06:27 AM
Oh no :hysteric:

jefrilibra
Jan 15th, 2011, 06:35 AM
Oh my!!! This is embarrassing. SMDH!

simonsaystennis
Jan 15th, 2011, 06:43 AM
Sabine :(

ViennaCalling
Jan 15th, 2011, 06:50 AM
Well, I had no clue why she got that hyped anyway :shrug: She for sure has a lot of talent, but she seems to be a mental midget :rolleyes:

Pops Maellard
Jan 15th, 2011, 06:54 AM
Well, I had no clue why she got that hyped anyway :shrug: She for sure has a lot of talent, but she seems to be a mental midget :rolleyes:

Her run in Charleston 2009 (beat Venus, Bartoli and Pushniacki in the final), and Wimbedon QF 2009. Since then it's been nothing but injuries and bad luck. :banghead:

Sergius
Jan 15th, 2011, 07:25 AM
lol wut Sabine? :eek:

Spiritof42
Jan 15th, 2011, 07:36 AM
A really bad loss for Sabine... :(

jasonbloom
Jan 15th, 2011, 07:43 AM
She beat Krajicek and lost to Manasieva?? WTF

young_gunner913
Jan 15th, 2011, 07:44 AM
Wow.

MiiMo
Jan 15th, 2011, 07:45 AM
It must be a mistake. I cannot believe it !

Shvedbarilescu
Jan 15th, 2011, 08:00 AM
Her run in Charleston 2009 (beat Venus, Bartoli and Pushniacki in the final), and Wimbedon QF 2009. Since then it's been nothing but injuries and bad luck. :banghead:

Yes.

But don't you have a word for when a player has a couple of outstanding results that stand out from the rest of their career? I'm sure you do. Let me see...I'm trying to remember....I believe it starts with the letter F. :angel:

benji48
Jan 15th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Vesna :eek: :worship:

Curcubeu
Jan 15th, 2011, 08:02 AM
This is a good example that we cannot predict the whole season of a player only because of one good/bad tournament at the beginning of the year... :o

JackFrost
Jan 15th, 2011, 08:05 AM
:weirdo:
´nuff said.

Pops Maellard
Jan 15th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Yes.

But don't you have a word for when a player has a couple of outstanding results that stand out from the rest of their career? I'm sure you do. Let me see...I'm trying to remember....I believe it starts with the letter F. :angel:

If youre talking about Pironkova, she only had one outstanding result. Sabine had another final in '09 plus one in '08 in addition to Charleston title and Wimbledon QF. :p

Tuckii
Jan 15th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Oh, what a shame :o

Sabinator.
Jan 15th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Sabine..... :sad::confused::o:banghead::awww::bigcry::tears:

OMFG........ :sobbing: I still can't believe it..................

GreenGrass
Jan 15th, 2011, 09:35 AM
wow I thought she's gonna qualify easily :sobbing:

crazillo
Jan 15th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Sabine :o
And we thought things had changed...

Marionated
Jan 15th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Sabine on hard court :o

ElusiveChanteuse
Jan 15th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Ugh.:(

A-Bond
Jan 15th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Sabine :sad: Really bad result, after beating Krajicek she lost to Manasieva :( However, GL in your next Tournament.

Omega1
Jan 15th, 2011, 09:57 AM
It is a pity.:hug: But the season is just beginning.
Good luck in next tournaments :yeah:

ZODIAC
Jan 15th, 2011, 10:11 AM
she spents a lot of time on twitter and eating twinkies,she needs toget back to the gym and she has to put down the doughnuts.

Mashabator
Jan 15th, 2011, 10:15 AM
i watched the match
Sabine played average to get to 5-2, just placing the ball.
Then was just a mess, errors everywhere, Manaseiva was pretty consistent tho :(

Shvedbarilescu
Jan 15th, 2011, 10:26 AM
If youre talking about Pironkova, she only had one outstanding result. Sabine had another final in '09 plus one in '08 in addition to Charleston title and Wimbledon QF. :p

If we are going to compare Lisicki to Pironkova, in terms of their best career WTA wins they are actually remarkably similar. Pironkova has the slight edge in top 10 victories (Pironkova - Venus x2, Dementieva, Zvonereva & Ivanovic / Lisicki - Wozniacki, Venus, Kuznetsova & Chakvetadze). As for additional top 20 wins Lisicki has 5 to Pironkova's 4. Both have top 20 wins over Bartoli and Schnyder and Lisicki also has wins over Wozniacki, Peer and Safina. Pironkova also also wins over Azarenka and Groenefeld. Personally if anything I would consider Pironkova's best wins to be a bit better than those of Lisicki. But that is of course subjective.

Also worth noting....Lisicki has not had a single top 30 win since Wimbledon 2009. She may have a lot of talent but based on her form since returning from injury last summer losing to Manasieva is hardly a surprising result. Vesna isn't a bad player.

But if you want to persist in regarding Lisicki as an enormous talent and Pironkova as a "fluke" I suppose that is your prerogative. I see them both as players who on their day can trouble the top players but seeing as Lisicki seems to have major question marks about her physically I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Pironkova emmerge with the better career.

vanillalatte
Jan 15th, 2011, 10:26 AM
:tears: oh noo

Scola
Jan 15th, 2011, 10:34 AM
one more win Vesna.:bounce:

Mistress of Evil
Jan 15th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Poor thing :hug:

IMPOSSIBLE
Jan 15th, 2011, 11:10 AM
:speakles:

Sharapovian
Jan 15th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Sabine :tears: :tears:

gorre
Jan 15th, 2011, 12:42 PM
This qualification is really bad joke. :rolleyes:

CillyUltra
Jan 15th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Not a total surprise to me,

but really a bit weird what you expect from Lisicki.

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

I mean she had one good tournament that showed she's on a good path, but nothing more. She rarely played matches after her comeback last year. Then restarted her comeback after lots of fitness training. Most important will be that she can play injury-free the next months, regain confidence and consistency after a lot of match experience.

That's what she wrote on facebook:
I'm very disappointed with my match today. I was simply to tight and didn't use my chances and lost 67 46... I still need some time to get back to where Iwas but I'll work hard for it! It was still a good trip for me and I learned a lot! I'm sad to be leaving AUS this soon. I love the crowd here and want to thank all of you who supported me today!

I see them both as players who on their day can trouble the top players but seeing as Lisicki seems to have major question marks about her physically I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Pironkova emmerge with the better career.

She had health problems virtually since spring 2009. She had luck to compete in Wimbledon 2009 because a scheduled appendix surgery was canceled (it was a false diagnosis). She was handicapped by the problems with her ankle since USO 2009. That's what has to be taken into account when you assess her record of the last two years.

she spents a lot of time on twitter and eating twinkies,she needs toget back to the gym and she has to put down the doughnuts.

idiot :wavey:

Ellery
Jan 15th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Sabine :hug:

Corswandt
Jan 15th, 2011, 01:21 PM
:help: No one should be losing to Manasieva.

The Hair's not that bad. Sort of a pocket PushPush. Very good groundstrokes, but simply woeful as a match player.

miffedmax
Jan 15th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Poor Sabs. She's still had some good wins. If she keeps it up hopefully qualifying will soon be a thing of the past.

Stevecw
Jan 15th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Oh Sabine :sobbing:

mauresmofan
Jan 15th, 2011, 01:41 PM
The Hair's not that bad. Sort of a pocket PushPush. Very good groundstrokes, but simply woeful as a match player.

I was wondering why she was constantly being referred to as the hair - then I found these:

http://www.tennisrecruiting.net/profiles/6/1/2/1/1/8/4407.jpg

http://www.itftennis.com/shared/medialibrary/image/player/IO_19935_player.JPG

http://images.travelpod.com/users/katiephelps/1.1245949951.vesna-manasieva.jpg

http://stephaniematsumotostyle.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/vesna-manasieva.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_GWJatwb-WlI/SEMdqOSN5aI/AAAAAAAADIM/WGbBE7FbXWQ/s1600/schnyder%2Bfr%2Bopen.jpg

(oops that's Patty)

Randy H
Jan 15th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Highly disappointing loss for Lisicki, but I have to say that most of what I saw from her in Auckland on the live feed did not suggest she was going to survive 3 rounds of qualifying. Still far too inconsistent at this point. Still, I think she can take away some positives from her trip and I think if she can stay healthy she will make her way back up soon :)

Graf~Dokic
Jan 15th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Sabine :( :o Wasted chance here. She shouldn't lose to the likes of Manasieva, let alone in straight sets.

Slutiana
Jan 15th, 2011, 04:47 PM
The Hair. :yeah: Nicely done.

You guys need to go easy on Lisicki.

saul1333
Jan 15th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Hmmm :o

cn ireland
Jan 15th, 2011, 07:16 PM
Sabine:sobbing:!!

Very disappointed for her:(.

vuhvuh
Jan 15th, 2011, 07:42 PM
hey but the last picture isn´t vesna it´s patty!

Flavia P.
Jan 15th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Disappointing result. Rome wasn't built in a day, so I'm sure with more matches, Sabine will be back to a good level. She would have made a good addition to the MD, though.

Congrats to Vesna on the victory.

Langers
Jan 15th, 2011, 09:19 PM
What the freaking heck is this Sabine? :tape:

jimmy_the_greek
Jan 15th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Sabine:sad::sad:

ZODIAC
Jan 15th, 2011, 09:35 PM
What the freaking heck is this Sabine? :tape:she is famous for beating Venus in Charleston 2009,thats her claim to fame..:tape::lol:

Tuckii
Jan 15th, 2011, 09:41 PM
Wow, Manasieva est très masculin ...

Corswandt
Jan 15th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Yes.

If we are going to compare Lisicki to Pironkova, in terms of their best career WTA wins they are actually remarkably similar. Pironkova has the slight edge in top 10 victories (Pironkova - Venus x2, Dementieva, Zvonereva & Ivanovic / Lisicki - Wozniacki, Venus, Kuznetsova & Chakvetadze). As for additional top 20 wins Lisicki has 5 to Pironkova's 4. Both have top 20 wins over Bartoli and Schnyder and Lisicki also has wins over Wozniacki, Peer and Safina. Pironkova also also wins over Azarenka and Groenefeld. Personally if anything I would consider Pironkova's best wins to be a bit better than those of Lisicki. But that is of course subjective.

Also worth noting....Lisicki has not had a single top 30 win since Wimbledon 2009. She may have a lot of talent but based on her form since returning from injury last summer losing to Manasieva is hardly a surprising result. Vesna isn't a bad player.

But if you want to persist in regarding Lisicki as an enormous talent and Pironkova as a "fluke" I suppose that is your prerogative. I see them both as players who on their day can trouble the top players but seeing as Lisicki seems to have major question marks about her physically I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Pironkova emmerge with the better career.

All of this is technically correct. It's just that pointing it out re: a player whose career has been completely (and probably irreversibly) derailed by serious injuries, to the extent that we'll never know what she'd have been able to accomplish had her career developed under happier, or even just normal, circumstances, makes you come across as a mere h8t0r.

Corswandt
Jan 15th, 2011, 10:36 PM
I was wondering why she was constantly being referred to as the hair - then I found these

Yup. The Hair - the one and only.

http://images.travelpod.com/users/katiephelps/1.1245949951.vesna-manasieva.jpg

On a related note and in retrospect, I'm beginning to think that this Adidas outfit (which IIRC Sunshine wore at the English Open in 2008), particularly the top, was one of the best sets of tennis gear of the last 5-6 years, almost up there with the Nike stuff Danka and Myskina wore in early 2006.

Shvedbarilescu
Jan 15th, 2011, 10:36 PM
All of this is technically correct. It's just that pointing it out re: a player whose career has been completely (and probably irreversibly) derailed by serious injuries, to the extent that we'll never know what she'd have been able to accomplish had her career developed under happier, or even just normal, circumstances, makes you come across as a mere h8t0r.

....either that or a fan of Pironkova. ;)

But I don't disagree with you that Sabine has been very unfortunate with injuries and without them she would undoubtably be having more success than she is presently.

Corswandt
Jan 15th, 2011, 10:40 PM
....either that or a fan of Pironkova. ;)

I meant the "fluke" label.

Shvedbarilescu
Jan 15th, 2011, 10:46 PM
I meant the "fluke" label.

I don't think Sabine is a "fluke" at all. I don't even like the term and wouldn't want to use it to disparage a player who deservedly had a great tournament.

I was simply comparing the stats between Pironkova who FlameOn has frequently labeled as a "fluke" and argued that they really aren't that different from Lisicki's to demonstrate the hypocrisy of calling one but not the other a "fluke". But let me be clear, it is not that I see both as "flukes", no, I do not regard either of them as a "fluke" and for me both achieved their best results solely on the merit of their ability.

Corswandt
Jan 15th, 2011, 10:56 PM
I don't think Sabine is a "fluke" at all. I don't even like the term and wouldn't want to use it to disparage a player who deservedly had a great tournament.

I was simply comparing the stats between Pironkova who FlameOn has frequently labeled as a "fluke" and argued that they really aren't that different from Lisicki's to demonstrate the hypocrisy of calling one but not the other a "fluke". But let me be clear, it is not that I see both as "flukes", no, I do not regard either of them as a "fluke" and for me both achieved their best results solely on the merit of their ability.

I wasn't aware of the previous history between you both. For me and until now, the most celebrated whiner re: all such players with only a couple of good runs in their whole careers was Mr. Samuel.

BTW when someone labels a particular win/good run as a "fluke", I don't interpret that as necessarily meaning that someone is implying it was undeserved.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jan 15th, 2011, 10:57 PM
After doing well last week, THIS happens...

Shvedbarilescu
Jan 15th, 2011, 11:10 PM
I wasn't aware of the previous history between you both. For me and until now, the most celebrated whiner re: all such players with only a couple of good runs in their whole careers was Mr. Samuel.

BTW when someone labels a particular win/good run as a "fluke", I don't interpret that as necessarily meaning that someone is implying it was undeserved.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/fluke

fluke 3 (flk)
n.
1. A stroke of good luck.
2. A chance occurrence; an accident.

Additionally it is one thing to label a result a "fluke" and another to label and individual as such.

That said, yeah, it's not a big deal. And regarding FlameOn, I often disagree with him and I think he with me too, but I don't actually have anything against him. He's okay, and I would describe our interactions as playful/friendly banter. I actually find FlameOn's sense of humour very amusing quite often too.

Pops Maellard
Jan 16th, 2011, 01:02 AM
[url]That said, yeah, it's not a big deal. And regarding FlameOn, I often disagree with him and I think he with me too, but I don't actually have anything against him. He's okay, and I would describe our interactions as playful/friendly banter. I actually find FlameOn's sense of humour very amusing quite often too.

;) And I'll ease up on Tsveti, at first it was a bit strange how she couldn't win matches after Wimbledon but I admit it's become quite sad now.