PDA

View Full Version : No Official Live Streaming!

pov
Jan 14th, 2011, 02:49 PM
According to the AO website (http://www.australianopentv.com/page/Home):
"Unfortunately, LIVE content is not available in Australia, Canada, Europe, New Zealand, United Kingdom and United States due to rights restrictions."

That sucks! Yeah I know I can find "non-official" streams but the picture quality of those is generally mediocre

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 14th, 2011, 03:29 PM
bet365.com & other bet sites has multiple court coverage
Eurosport Player also has great multi-court coverage

pov
Jan 14th, 2011, 04:03 PM
Not availible in their own country? :o

lol. I was so focused on the USA, that I didn't even notice that. That seems ridiculous.

Jorn
Jan 14th, 2011, 04:25 PM
bet365.com & other bet sites has multiple court coverage
Eurosport Player also has great multi-court coverage
I don't think we in Europe can use Bet365 at GS's I don't see the info there... can they watch Bet365 video in USA are they allowed to bet?

Aaron.
Jan 14th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Not availible in their own country? :o

Next time it will be availible just for Africa :happy: :rolls:

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 14th, 2011, 05:43 PM
I don't think we in Europe can use Bet365 at GS's I don't see the info there... can they watch Bet365 video in USA are they allowed to bet?

i got a message from b365 yesterday

At bet365 we have expanded our portfolio of live sport so you can enjoy over 15,000 events streamed live to your PC every year.

You can watch action from some of the biggest domestic Soccer leagues in the world, in addition to Euro 2012 qualifiers and international friendly matches.

Further Live Streaming highlights include Tennis action from both the ATP and WTA tours. Top games from the International Basketball Federation, Confederation of European Volleyball and European Handball Federation are also available.

Please note that as of 14th January 2011, you must have a funded Sports account or have placed a bet within 24 hours in order to view bet365 streams.

You can also watch all the action from the 2011 Australian Open which gets underway on 17th January, once you subscribe for just 10.

When you have subscribed we will credit your account with a 10 bonus, which can be used on any of the 230 live matches from the first Tennis Grand Slam of the year.

Here's how to claim your bonus:
1. Log in to your bet365 account.
2. In Members, go to Offers, then Offers Available.
3. Select Obtain Offer Code, then Click Here to receive your offer code by email.
4. Once you have received your email, go back to Members.
5. Select Offers then Enter Offer Code, input the 10 digit code and Submit.
6. Your bonus will be added to your bonus balance.

With our extensive range of pre-match and In-Play markets and fantastic Live Streaming service, bet365 is the best place to enjoy live sport.

Enjoy the action!
The bet365 Team

Meelis
Jan 15th, 2011, 02:07 PM

i got a message from b365 yesterday

Not sure about Danes, but its available now.

Jorn
Jan 15th, 2011, 02:51 PM
I tried yesterday but can't see how to subscribe? I don't get the right Offer...

(But maybe it will work tomorrow...)

Jorn
Jan 15th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Yes,for 10 :sobbing:

Got that message too :(
You get that 10'er back and can bet a safe bet! ;)

lenc
Jan 15th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Not available in their own country? :o

Next time it will be available just for Africa :happy:

It's amazing to see how dumb people are when it comes to tv rights. Of course live streaming on the AO website is not available in Australia because the tv rights for Australia have been sold to Network Seven and wheter any live stream is provided to the locals is up to them. The AO website can only offer live streaming to those parts of the world where the local television stations have not bought the (internet) coverage rights. ESPN has them in the USA, Eurosport in Europe etc..

pov
Jan 15th, 2011, 03:49 PM
It's amazing to see how dumb people are when it comes to tv rights. Of course live streaming on the AO website is not available in Australia because the tv rights for Australia have been sold to Network Seven and wheter any live stream is provided to the locals is up to them. The AO website can only offer live streaming to those parts of the world where the local television stations have not bought the (internet) coverage rights. ESPN has them in the USA, Eurosport in Europe etc..
Dumb you say? Really?

IMO What is dumb is people who put up with that sort of corporate inanity or, even worse, justify it.
What is dumb is penning a contract that stipulates you have to give up streaming on your own website for your own event.
What is dumb is you not realizing that contracts for TV rights can be structured in any way that the parties involved agree upon.
What is dumb is you not knowing that, for example, at the USO 2010 ESPN had TV and streaming rights and yet the USTA maintained their own rights to live stream.

And what is dumb - really, really, really dumb - is thinking that your opinion means more than any other opinion.

Meelis
Jan 15th, 2011, 04:01 PM
I tried yesterday but can't see how to subscribe? I don't get the right Offer...

Live Streaming and then Australian Open Subscription from the schedule. If not, then it is not available in Denmark.

croat123
Jan 15th, 2011, 04:07 PM
espn3.com has 7 courts of live coverage everyday in the u.s.

Jorn
Jan 15th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Thanks Meelis I see it now... :)

But they have 6 courts...

lenc
Jan 15th, 2011, 05:19 PM
IMO What is dumb is people who put up with that sort of corporate inanity or, even worse, justify it.
I wasn't justifying it, I was explaining it.

What is dumb is penning a contract that stipulates you have to give up streaming on your own website for your own event.
What is dumb is you not realizing that contracts for TV rights can be structured in any way that the parties involved agree upon.
I do realise it, i know exactly that the tv broadcast rights and internet streaming rights are seperate and have to be negotiated as such. Where the hell do you take it that i don't know it??

What is dumb is you not knowing that, for example, at the USO 2010 ESPN had TV and streaming rights and yet the USTA maintained their own rights to live stream.
I do know that. It is standard practice in the US for event organisers not to give TV companies exclusive deals thereby keeping their options open to themselves. In the rest of the western world however, TV companies tend to get exclusive deals.

And what is dumb - really, really, really dumb - is thinking that your opinion means more than any other opinion.
WTF? Where have I stated that???

C. Drone
Jan 15th, 2011, 06:42 PM
That sucks! Yeah I know I can find "non-official" streams but the picture quality of those is generally mediocre

sidenote, last year i think some "non-official" site just redirected the official streams, so actually people did watch the same stream.

Dav.
Jan 16th, 2011, 12:36 AM
According to the AO website (http://www.australianopentv.com/page/Home):
"Unfortunately, LIVE content is not available in Australia, Canada, Europe, New Zealand, United Kingdom and United States due to rights restrictions."

What was I watching qualifying on yesterday? :unsure:

Jorn
Jan 16th, 2011, 12:55 AM
The Qualies are free for all in the World.