PDA

View Full Version : Are GS Qualifying matches supposed to be this boring?

thegreendestiny
Jan 14th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Seriously, I've been watching several AO qualies and I am appalled at the lack of quality in the matches. No excitement whatsoever. The rallies are just plain horrendous. And the serving? don't even get me started on it. :help:

:o

Curcubeu
Jan 14th, 2011, 07:43 AM
The players are partly 200 upwards. What do you expect from them? :shrug:

juki
Jan 14th, 2011, 07:44 AM
They decided to put matches featuring lower ranked Aussie WCs on the livestream instead of the better, more interesting matches. So this is what you get.

thegreendestiny
Jan 14th, 2011, 07:48 AM
The players are partly 200 upwards. What do you expect from them? :shrug:

Rankings don't matter. I've seen ITF junior matches which are far more exciting with far superior quality. These are GS qualifying matches, at least they should live up to expectation. :o

SELVEN
Jan 14th, 2011, 07:48 AM
:zzz::zzz::zzz:

jasonbloom
Jan 14th, 2011, 07:50 AM
Shame that they don't put Lisicki vs Krajicek in the show court, it should be much more interesting.

Shvedbarilescu
Jan 14th, 2011, 07:50 AM
Seriously, I've been watching several AO qualies and I am appalled at the lack of quality in the matches. No excitement whatsoever. The rallies are just plain horrendous. And the serving? don't even get me started on it. :help:

:o

This is normal tennis. If you don't like it go find another sport to follow. I for one certainly would not miss you on this forum. :wavey:

Caipirinha Guy
Jan 14th, 2011, 07:52 AM
because only the matches of WC aussies are streamed who are not even TOP300. :shrug:
I hope that when they are OUT, they will stream better matches.

thegreendestiny
Jan 14th, 2011, 07:55 AM
This is normal tennis. If you don't like it go find another sport to follow. I for one certainly would not miss you on this forum. :wavey:

That is normal tennis for spectators with low appreciation for the sports like yourself. You are one of the many reasons why the quality of the entire sport is messy. :wavey:

Spiritof42
Jan 14th, 2011, 07:55 AM
Shame that they don't put Lisicki vs Krajicek in the show court, it should be much more interesting.
Or Watson vs. Mladenovic.

Curcubeu
Jan 14th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Please stop arguing! :angel:

thegreendestiny
Jan 14th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Only Aussies are on cameras. :shrug:

If by Aussies you mean scrubs then that is just unfortunate. Margaret Court and Evon Goolagong would be embarrassed with such performances.

Berlin_Calling
Jan 14th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Agreed. The Diatchenko vs Raj-whatever match was absolutely horrendous. These girls calls themselves professionals? I see higher quality matches between old yuppies at my club on a daily basis. And the Aussie commentators had the audacity to say that the Aussie girl has a bright future... :o:help: