PDA

View Full Version : AO R1 casualties predictions

Lin Lin
Jan 14th, 2011, 03:51 AM
Whicxh big names will fall in R1 do you think?

I somehow fell Kim Clijsters will fall,maybe partly because she would be too tired:sad:and partly because Safina's powerful shot is something that Kim couldn't handle easily.:sad:

Other casualties?:confused:

Claycourter
Jan 14th, 2011, 03:54 AM

I somehow fell Kim Clijsters will fall,maybe partly because she would be too tired:sad:and partly because Safina's powerful shot is something that Kim couldn't handle easily.:sad:

There's no way Safina wins this, Kimmie will push all day and force her to make 100 UE's :zzz:

Protoss
Jan 14th, 2011, 04:02 AM
I have a feeling Stosur will lose, Davis has played and won a ton of matches on the junior and itf circuit recently :unsure:
There's a bit of a difference in those levels and the Wta levels. :p

SELVEN
Jan 14th, 2011, 04:03 AM
God I beg to you ,you couldn't let Kim fall in 1R ,please please please! :tape::tape::tape:

Uranium
Jan 14th, 2011, 04:04 AM
I have a feeling Stosur will lose, Davis has played and won a ton of matches on the junior and itf circuit recently :unsure:

She's short, Sam's serving is gonna kill her. She is going to lose.

jimmy_the_greek
Jan 14th, 2011, 04:06 AM

Kleybanova i think hits the ball harder than Safina, and kim managed to beat her (even if she struggled a bit to)

I think Sharapova,Ivanonic, and Jankovic may fall....i have a feeling 2 of them will and the other one may scrape into the next round:sad:

Inger67
Jan 14th, 2011, 04:07 AM
Casualties of Seeded Players:

Wickmayer, MJMS, Safarova. Really not too many upsets I don't think. I hope Lauren Davis can upset Stosur, but I think the crowd will get really into it and Davis won't deal with the big points well on such a big stage. I hope Ula qualifies and doesn't draw Azarenka first round "/

VeeJJ
Jan 14th, 2011, 04:08 AM
Idk about R1 but I would put good money on Bojana upsetting Bepa in the R2

VeeJJ
Jan 14th, 2011, 04:09 AM
Kleybanova i think hits the ball harder than Safina, and kim managed to beat her (even if she struggled a bit to)

I think Sharapova,Ivanonic, and Jankovic may fall....i have a feeling 2 of them will and the other one may scrape into the next round:sad:

:lol: Jankovic will not lose to Govortsova :lol:

danieln1
Jan 14th, 2011, 04:12 AM
Jankovic, Sveta, Wickmayer

If gisela is inspired like last year, she could send Karolina packing in no time, she has the tendency of upsetting sexy players ( Sharapova, Ivanovic)

thegreendestiny
Jan 14th, 2011, 04:15 AM
Ana "slam fluke" Ivanovic :bounce:

jimmy_the_greek

then out of the 3 girls that i mentioned...she will probably be the one that scrapes through. Govortsova will probably play well in the first set and then the next two sests....disaster:sad:

NyCPsU
I could honestly see Errani taking out Venus. Shes solid, gets tons of balls back, and has been in big matches before. If early round Venus shows up as per usual things could get interesting here.

jimmy_the_greek
Jan 14th, 2011, 04:16 AM
Also i wouldn't be surprised if Wickmayer loses to Groth, and A.Radwanska is eliminated by Kimiko.

VeeJJ
Jan 14th, 2011, 04:29 AM
then out of the 3 girls that i mentioned...she will probably be the one that scrapes through. Govortsova will probably play well in the first set and then the next two sests....disaster:sad:

Jelena is NOT playing bad tennis! People need to understand this. She'll win in 2 easy sets.

Huntress55
Jan 14th, 2011, 04:31 AM
Wickmayer, hopefully.

jimmy_the_greek
Jan 14th, 2011, 04:32 AM
Jelena is NOT playing bad tennis! People need to understand this. She'll win in 2 easy sets.

Well i want her to win and prove me wrong that she is a contender:), although beating Govortsova doesn't automatically make her a contender:lol:. We will have to wait and see until Monday/Tuesday i suppose.

Mistress of Evil
Jan 14th, 2011, 04:37 AM
Karolina and Whoopie :hearts:

Moveyourfeet
Jan 14th, 2011, 04:40 AM
I could honestly see Errani taking out Venus. Shes solid, gets tons of balls back, and has been in big matches before. If early round Venus shows up as per usual things could get interesting here.

Lol Errani can't beat Venus.

Polikarpov
Jan 14th, 2011, 04:42 AM
Wickmayer.:happy:

OZTENNIS
Jan 14th, 2011, 07:28 AM
Stosur losing to the lowest ranked player in the draw????

:haha: :haha: :tape: :tape: :help:

Lord Choc Ice
Jan 14th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Wickmayer and Wozniacki. :hearts:

Lord Choc Ice
Jan 14th, 2011, 07:40 AM
Ana "slam fluke" Ivanovic :bounce:

Still flogging that fly-bitten dead horse huh? :awww:

BepaMaria
Jan 14th, 2011, 07:44 AM
Pushniacki and Jankovic will fall

<Sven>
Jan 14th, 2011, 08:12 AM
I'm fearing Wickmayer will have difficulties...
Kim vs Safina won't be very easy I think, but Kim should pull through.
I'm not too pleased with this draw :(

Shvedbarilescu
Jan 14th, 2011, 09:25 AM

Probably not...unless both reach the semifinals.

Well i want her to win and prove me wrong that she is a contender:), although beating Govortsova doesn't automatically make her a contender:lol:. We will have to wait and see until Monday/Tuesday i suppose.

Errr.......for the record Jankovic is playing Kudryavtseva NOT Govortsova in the 1st round. ;)