PDA

View Full Version : who will prevent kimmy to win 2011 AO?

ns_Henin
Jan 13th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Since Serena won't show up, Wozniacki and Zvonareva are obviously useless, Venus is not at her best performance, Henin still rusty and i think she's not ready yet, same with Sharapova, i honestly seeing noone able to stop Kim from winning her 4th slam. Congratulations Kim Clijsters, 2011 Australian Open champion.

PolishLunatiq
Jan 13th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Zvonareva I hope ;)

young_gunner913
Jan 13th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Jelena Dokic.

SOA_MC
Jan 13th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Greta Arn her time is now

Mightymirza
Jan 13th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Alissaaa

ElusiveChanteuse
Jan 13th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Petrova AGAIN!:cheer:

madmax
Jan 13th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Greta Granatea Arn will smoke Fiona off the court:banana:

GoofyDuck
Jan 13th, 2011, 02:55 PM
I hope Venus or Vera prevents her in the final..

anyone else may do it earlier :cheer:

goldenlox
Jan 13th, 2011, 02:57 PM
We have a strong favorite going in. But Kim has never won this major, so lets see what the draw looks like in 10 hours

jasonbloom
Jan 13th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Nadia Petrova will defeat Kim 6:0 6:1 again.

HRHoliviasmith
Jan 13th, 2011, 03:10 PM
She hasn't been born yet. :sobbing:

ZODIAC
Jan 13th, 2011, 03:12 PM
a young player will snatch the title from Miss Kimmy,if she wins Sydney she will not win the AO11.

Royzenka
Jan 13th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Bethanie.Mattek.Sands

That is all

Brena
Jan 13th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Some random ballbasher who will have hit a great streak.

s_j
Jan 13th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Maria was one point away from beating Kim in straight sets last year. I'm not saying Maria will beat Kim in her current form, but if she improves and goes deep into the tournament she could definitely pull it off.

ZODIAC
Jan 13th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Maria was one point away from beating Kim in straight sets last year. I'm not saying Maria will beat Kim in her current form, but if she improves and goes deep into the tournament she could definitely pull it off.pova will not go far:rolleyes:

n1_and_uh_noone
Jan 13th, 2011, 04:21 PM
The best player on tour right now: Kimberley Clijsters-Lynch.

NA-GOAT
Jan 13th, 2011, 04:21 PM
Na Li, JuJu Heng or Nadia Petrova :bigwave:

debopero
Jan 13th, 2011, 04:22 PM
No one but Justine will be able stop her and I have prepped myself mentally for (yet another) Venus thrashing :sad: :o .

justineheninfan
Jan 13th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Nobody will. Kim will win the 2011 Australian Open. If anyone can do it it would only be Henin in the final. Hopefully Henin ends up on the opposite side since I think her only chance to beat Kim would be in the final right now.

Leo_DFP
Jan 13th, 2011, 04:28 PM
Greta Arn her time is now
maybe. she pushed kim pretty hard at the us open last year.

kim is the heavy favorite but because her form is so up-and-down and her serve has been pretty consistently terrible, she's far from invincible. she needs to keep it together mentally when she has off days - which she did yesterday against alisa but she couldn't do last year in melbourne against nadia.

pattyclijsters
So, to combine all answers: kim is the favorite but NOT the overwhelming favorite based on her sydney performance.

I have the feeling that people try to make her the ONE and ONLY favorite to bash her even more should she lose :roll eyes:

mariavikafan
People are writing many players off. Kim was never that good in Australia but anyway I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Leo_DFP
Jan 13th, 2011, 04:30 PM
People are writing many players off. Kim was never that good on slow courts but anyway I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Kim put down some her best performances in the Staples Center YECs and that was a very slow indoor court. She's also excelled at Miami which is slow. She can do it on all speeds of hard court, she just has never performed exceptionally in Melbourne.

mariavikafan
Jan 13th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Kim put down some her best performances in the Staples Center YECs and that was a very slow indoor court. She's also excelled at Miami which is slow. She can do it on all speeds of hard court, she just has never performed exceptionally in Melbourne.

Yeah I edited, I meant in Australia. Like justineheninfan I would give the edge to Henin if they met in the later rounds, same goes for Sharapova IMO. They always been more confident than her on thoses courts and in Australia but it's another story we just have to wait and see.

sweetpeas
Jan 13th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Justine will win A.o.!

Alejandrawrrr
Jan 13th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Kim is the invincible, the one and only Queen of tennis, past present and future. Everyone else might as well withdraw from the AO, Kim is simply too powerful, skillful and consistent.

The Witch-king
Jan 13th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Kim is the invincible, the one and only Queen of tennis, past present and future. Everyone else might as well withdraw from the AO, Kim is simply too powerful, skillful and consistent.

True.

VeeJJ
Jan 13th, 2011, 05:23 PM
Kimmy herself

cellophane
Jan 13th, 2011, 05:23 PM

Don't you mean Serena?

doooma6816
Jan 13th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Justine but in later rounds(after 4th), the same Maria Sharapova...or a ballbasher with excellent day, who is on fire that day...sth like Nadia last year.

sweetpeas
Jan 13th, 2011, 05:24 PM
People kill me here i like Kim,but she only won 1 slam .She just won 2 the last 2yrs all at the u.s open.What so great about her.People talk about Venus and Serena and Justine like a dog but they won at least different surface.

volta
Jan 13th, 2011, 05:27 PM
:cool:

Lapaco
Jan 13th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Nobody.

n1_and_uh_noone
Jan 13th, 2011, 05:50 PM
People kill me here i like Kim,but she only won 1 slam .She just won 2 the last 2yrs all at the u.s open.What so great about her.People talk about Venus and Serena and Justine like a dog but they won at least different surface.

Sorry, had to :lol:.

Slutati
Jan 13th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Hammerthrova :bounce::bounce:
Bitchslap her like she stole your man or something, Naughtya!

loppy
Jan 13th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Justine will win A.o.!

:worship:

Slamniacki
Jan 13th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Wozniacki is not useless. Just ask Verdasco.

Stonerpova
Jan 13th, 2011, 06:34 PM
I don't see Kim shouldering the pressure of being #1 favorite. I just checked out ESPN's expert pics, and every single one of them picked Clijsters. Every time she is expected to do great things, she falls short (i.e., here last year).

I can only see a player who has previously won a major going on to win this title. I can't pick someone as a favorite for a major if they haven't won one yet. That means I give anyone from Henin to Ivanovic a shot at the title.

Elenarulez
Jan 13th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Elena will win her first slam. Oh ... I forgot.

cellophane
Jan 13th, 2011, 06:44 PM
I don't see Kim shouldering the pressure of being #1 favorite. I just checked out ESPN's expert pics, and every single one of them picked Clijsters. Every time she is expected to do great things, she falls short (i.e., here last year).

BS. She was pretty much the favorite for the US Open in 2005 and last year... and ended up winning both times.

Vikapower
Jan 13th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Kimmie is the heavy favourite but don't start putting her as some unbeatable god (...) :lol: She still has the 7 rounds to pass and in Australia there's always somekind of known or unknown player who suddenly catches fire for a great run. :lol:

ZODIAC
Jan 13th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Kim will not win Australian Open 2011,a young player will win her first slam in MELBOURNE 2011,these so called experts have already predicted an early Venus Williams exit.I think they are going to be shocked by the results at this event,a lot of so called favourites will not make it.
I think JJ,Venus ,Stosur,Sveta,Safina are going to do well...surprisingly... and even if I dont like Jankovic she is capable of taking out Kim....scheduling is what is going to mess up this event because of the weather,whoever masters the weather schedule will win.

Scola
Jan 13th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Vera will take care of her.

Sammo
Jan 13th, 2011, 07:26 PM
This time Nadia won't lose a single game :devil:
Also... Sammy Sammy Sammy Oi Oi Oi!

Serenita
Jan 13th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Boja :cheer:

Sharapowerr
Jan 13th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Maria

danieln1
Jan 13th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Zvonareva could beat her in the semis, NOT in a final, never...

Wozniacki right now is useless, Ivanovic might be tough but even as a fan I donīt see Ana beating Kimberly...

Henin could very well beat her, Venus wonīt...

Hopefully Nadia Petrova from last year appear again and beat Kimberly again, but itīs impossible to predict...

Unfortunately Kimberly will win a slam again

Jorn
Jan 13th, 2011, 08:02 PM
Kim was in trobles today against a none TOP 20 player a few can beat her...

hotviolin83
Jan 13th, 2011, 08:04 PM
so much kim hate...

HRHoliviasmith
Jan 13th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Vera will take care of her.

in pav's dreams maybe. :rolleyes:

Sp!ffy
Jan 13th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Petra Kvitova

Sp!ffy
Jan 13th, 2011, 08:16 PM

Youre an idiot. No one talks about "Venus and Serena and Justine like a dog". Whatever that even means. :rolleyes: Also, if you want more people to respect your faves, you should consider respecting other players first.

LoveFifteen
Jan 13th, 2011, 08:21 PM
The person who will prevent Kim from winning the 2011 Australian Open is ....

:scared: Little Jada Lynch :scared:

ZODIAC
Jan 13th, 2011, 08:27 PM
the weather will be the great equalizer,the rain will cause havoc on this event from the jump.The players that can deal well with rain delays will shine..I am hoping that we get surprise winners in both men and women tours.This will be a test for the mentally strong....

Mary Cherry.
Jan 13th, 2011, 08:31 PM
Herself.

But if anyone, Bepa. Maybe Henin.

ZODIAC
Jan 13th, 2011, 09:23 PM
a lot of players are aware that Kim will be favorite and will be ready to fight,its not going to pretty for mummy dearest.

DaMamaJama87
Jan 13th, 2011, 09:35 PM
The hate for Kim in this thread is astonishing. What has Kim done except do her job in a professional manner? If the rest of the tour is lazy or less talented, it's not her fault.

doooma6816
Jan 13th, 2011, 09:38 PM

I can only see a player who has previously won a major going on to win this title. I can't pick someone as a favorite for a major if they haven't won one yet. That means I give anyone from Henin to Ivanovic a shot at the title.
She was HUGE favourite at USO last year and she still won it. :shrug:

Lord Choc Ice
Jan 13th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Some random ballbasher who will have hit a great streak.

Kim's not Wozniacki. :secret:

Lord Choc Ice
Jan 13th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Anyway Naughtya will do it again.

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/95931115.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921A343B2C87A49D8F529402FEE76833164 F20DD9B8F2DE9292CDCDF339EA021D2EE30A760B0D811297

SM
Jan 13th, 2011, 10:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jukmo9fmNM0

Dominika23
Jan 13th, 2011, 10:16 PM
For the people who count out Venus are Real Krazy Yeah Venus don't play her best @ small tournament but GS she give you a fight and I think she have what it take to beat kim. Wozniacki might can bring her to 3 set as usually but U never know Wozniacki might can beat next time if they met up again. Zvonareva can beat her Zvonareva just have to stay focus and not lose it. Henin can as well I haven't seen Henin play yet but I know Henin will give a good fight anyday, I have to add Nadia, Nadia showed she beat or destroy her 6-0 6-1 :lol::lol::lol:. Sharapova might can if she stay focus as well she came close last time they played and almost beat her. & we know Kleybanova has what it take to do it

pav
Jan 13th, 2011, 10:28 PM
in pav's dreams maybe. :rolleyes:
No doubt in my dreams but she isn't a Kimwin virgin is she:confused: I'm not into predictions so wait and see.Take care of your eyes.

claypova
Jan 13th, 2011, 10:28 PM
Dinara will beat her in R1 :worship:

volta
Jan 13th, 2011, 10:29 PM
GET HER Dina :rocker2:

Roookie
Jan 14th, 2011, 05:01 AM
So, to combine all answers: kim is the favorite but NOT the overwhelming favorite based on her sydney performance.

I have the feeling that people try to make her the ONE and ONLY favorite to bash her even more should she lose :roll eyes:

Not because of her Sydney performance, Kim can't be the overwhelming favorite because she's never won this tournament before. For all Kim's success since her comeback...until now she has only won where she already dominate before retirement. But for Kim, winning the Australian Open is a whole different animal and the proof was last year's shocking loss to Petrova. As bad as the tour seems right now to me is still a big question mark whether Kim will be able to pull it off at Melbourne.

sammy01
Jan 14th, 2011, 05:16 AM
Not because of her Sydney performance, Kim can't be the overwhelming favorite because she's never won this tournament before. For all Kim's success since her comeback...until now she has only won where she already dominate before retirement. But for Kim, winning the Australian Open is a whole different animal and the proof was last year's shocking loss to Petrova. As bad as the tour seems right now to me is still a big question mark whether Kim will be able to pull it off at Melbourne.

this. the biggest thing for kim is not a singular player but belief in herself that she can go futher than her 1st career. winning the us open and YEC was something kim had done before there was probably always the feeling in her mind 'i have done this before i can do it again'. breaking new ground is never easy.

Pasta-Na
Jan 14th, 2011, 05:36 AM
nadia :p

Claycourter
Jan 14th, 2011, 05:52 AM
The Empress in a 2 set rout 6-2 6-1.

A Magicman
Jan 14th, 2011, 06:04 AM
La Arn of course. :devil:

She only folded like a cheap tent in NYC last year because of her nerves. (weel, at least that's what I like to tell myself, makes it somewhat easier...)

Curtos07
Jan 14th, 2011, 06:17 AM
Hopefully Ana Ivanovic.

bandabou
Jan 14th, 2011, 06:33 AM
History..she has NEVER won the tournament before, but she's playing well enough now to win it. Specially with Serena out.

Sp!ffy
Jan 14th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Hopefully Ana Ivanovic.

Anyway Naughtya will do it again.

:worship:

And :lol: at all you fools thinking Kim is invincible.

~{X}~
Jan 14th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Herself, clearly. :lol:

ns_Henin
Jan 14th, 2011, 03:05 PM
oh my lanta! this jinx thread worked perfectly. i honestly seeing Kim wins AO though..

Lin Lin
Jan 14th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Petrova?:lol:

Hian
Jan 14th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Pennetta

Stonerpova
Jan 14th, 2011, 08:22 PM
Safina beating Clijsters wouldn't shock me. I'm picking Ivanovic to beat her in round 4 (go big or go home, right?)

Lapaco
Jan 14th, 2011, 08:31 PM
Safina beating Clijsters wouldn't shock me. I'm picking Ivanovic to beat her in round 4 (go big or go home, right?)

Safina has a better chance than Ivanovic :lol:

Yorker
Jan 14th, 2011, 08:37 PM

Safina just got flattened by Bartoli, her form is god awful and the last time people picked ana to beat Kim, she was thrashed at the USO.

Spring Pools
Jan 14th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Petrova and herself

danieln1
Jan 15th, 2011, 02:18 AM
If any player plays like Nadia Petrova in round three last year, Kimberly will lose... Hopefully this player is aNa Ivanovic

jimmy_the_greek
Jan 15th, 2011, 04:00 AM
Vera, Kleybanova and Petrova (if she plays like she did against her last year)

goat
Jan 15th, 2011, 04:29 AM
For the people who count out Venus are Real Krazy Yeah Venus don't play her best @ small tournament but GS she give you a fight and I think she have what it take to beat kim. Wozniacki might can bring her to 3 set as usually but U never know Wozniacki might can beat next time if they met up again. Zvonareva can beat her Zvonareva just have to stay focus and not lose it. Henin can as well I haven't seen Henin play yet but I know Henin will give a good fight anyday, I have to add Nadia, Nadia showed she beat or destroy her 6-0 6-1 :lol::lol::lol:. Sharapova might can if she stay focus as well she came close last time they played and almost beat her. & we know Kleybanova has what it take to do it

English is my second language and I am sure I know it better than you.
:eek:

But I don't think Venus will beat Kim, not at Australian Open atleast. Wozniacki cannot stand Clijsters pace but Zvonareva did beat her twice last year. Henin, I pray will be in the finals against any of my girls. :)

ZODIAC
Jan 15th, 2011, 11:15 PM
its Jankovic who is going stop the mom in her tracks,believe it or not her ride will stop at the qtrs.JJ will be stopped by Stosur and Stosur will win the AO11.

debby
Jan 15th, 2011, 11:50 PM
its Jankovic who is going stop the mom in her tracks,believe it or not her ride will stop at the qtrs.JJ will be stopped by Stosur and Stosur will win the AO11.

You don't even trust Venus? :eek:

DaMamaJama87
Jan 15th, 2011, 11:52 PM
This thread reeks of desperation from Kim haters. Kim has consistently shown that she's the best player on tour right now. Yes, she could have a bad day or meet an opponent on a rare hot streak but to actually wish for that kind of event is truly sad.