PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Australian Open: Did Not Qualify

cosmoose
Jan 12th, 2011, 05:38 AM
I'm kinda torn by the Q draw.
Of course I support Sabine fully but I also like Misa.
Need I say I hate this draw? :sad:

[3] Chan vs. Foretz Gacon
Sema vs. Kr. Pliskova
Luangnam vs. Manasieva
Lisicki vs. [22] Krajicek

Mike81
Jan 12th, 2011, 08:47 AM
I don't know much about her first opponent but apparently she made it to the QF's of the 2007 Wimbledon. Sabine made it to the 2009 Wimbledon QF's of course, so it could be a tricky match. My expectations are quite high or atleast hopeful for Sabine's performance in Melbourne, especially after an encouraging Auckland tournament.

Michael!
Jan 12th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Well, not too easy draw but it is possible of course, Michaella is far away from her best, hasnt played a match since October it seems while Sabine already had some good matches in Auckland, 2nd round of q against Luangnam vs. Manasieva should be no problem as well, same counts actually for all possible opponents in 3rd round..to make it short , it will depend on Sabine, if she plays well she will qualfiy for sure, if not, then it will be disappointing as she obviously wasnt able then to play good tennis in Melbourne :p

crazillo
Jan 12th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Chan should be the most tricky one, but she is in bad shape.

Dorien.
Jan 12th, 2011, 05:28 PM
I really don't like this draw. Both girls deserves some wins. Anyway Sabine played already some matches and it's just Misa's first match of the year. So normally i don't think it will be too hard for Sabine. Good luck :rocker:

Mike81
Jan 12th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Sabine on in the afternoon Aus Eastern Standard Time.

hellas719
Jan 13th, 2011, 01:00 AM
I like both :(

Mike81
Jan 13th, 2011, 04:37 AM
Sabine's match cancelled for today :(

AnDrEi.b
Jan 13th, 2011, 11:11 AM
GL Sabs :cheer:

Omega1
Jan 13th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Good luck Sabine :cheer:

Mike81
Jan 14th, 2011, 12:33 AM
Sabine has to play 3 quals but the main tournament is supposed to start on Jan 17 and its still raining there. Not sure what the rules are if further days were washed out, hopefully it will clear up though.

hellas719
Jan 14th, 2011, 01:34 AM
They should've started on Tuesday or Wednesday :rolleyes:

lovethetennis
Jan 14th, 2011, 03:03 AM
Good news everyone, Sabine's match is about to start :D Players are on the court :cool:

cosmoose
Jan 14th, 2011, 03:12 AM
Good news everyone, Sabine's match is about to start :D Players are on the court :cool:
Do you have live stream? please say yes!

lovethetennis
Jan 14th, 2011, 03:23 AM
Do you have live stream? please say yes!

Not with video cosmoose :( I'm just using the slam tracker at the AO website.

Mike81
Jan 14th, 2011, 03:36 AM
I'm not able to watch, I can only see the stats. 4-5 down, hitting more winners but making more errors. Come on Bine!

cosmoose
Jan 14th, 2011, 03:40 AM
Sabine and Misa 5-5.
What is really surprising is no break of serve yet. :eek:

hellas719
Jan 14th, 2011, 03:48 AM
Guys please use the livescores thread ;)
I don't want to have to read pages of livescores tomorrow when I sign on :shrug:

cosmoose
Jan 14th, 2011, 03:55 AM
Guys please use the livescores thread ;)
I don't want to have to read pages of livescores tomorrow when I sign on :shrug:you are right. But it seems livescores thread is German only.
me no read or write German. :sad:

mk27
Jan 14th, 2011, 03:57 AM
you are right. But it seems livescores thread is German only.
me no read or write German. :sad:

No, we wrote in German because there were only German users there at that time. Of course you can post in English.

mk27
Jan 14th, 2011, 04:28 AM
Sabine Lisicki def. Michaella Krajicek 7-6 6-3

Very good first round against a tough opponent :bounce:

Carsten
Jan 14th, 2011, 04:29 AM
well done Sabine :D if stats are right she hit 40 winners and only 24 UEs, would be pretty good :)

She's wearing Wilson clothes now :sad::rolleyes:

lovethetennis
Jan 14th, 2011, 04:39 AM
Awesome!!! :bounce::bounce::bounce:

jasonbloom
Jan 14th, 2011, 04:52 AM
well done Sabine :D if stats are right she hit 40 winners and only 24 UEs, would be pretty good :)

The Slamtracker doubly count the aces into winners.
So, it must be 32 winners and 24 UEs.

Sasja
Jan 14th, 2011, 04:55 AM
Sabine :yeah: Nice for her to start with a win in straight sets :)

But Misa :hug:

cosmoose
Jan 14th, 2011, 05:40 AM
The Slamtracker doubly count the aces into winners.
So, it must be 32 winners and 24 UEs.
AFAIK, aces are counted as winners

burn
Jan 14th, 2011, 06:51 AM
:bounce: good start :bounce:

Omega1
Jan 14th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Sabine Lisicki def. Michaella Krajicek 7-6 6-3

Very good first round against a tough opponent :bounce:

Yes :cheer2::cheer:
Good luck Sabine :)

Omega1
Jan 14th, 2011, 10:55 AM

which you that? Where to see the man?

Mike81
Jan 14th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Very impressive the winners stat, the unforced errors was a little high in the 1st set but in the end a straight sets win so can't complain.

Bine's twitter: "After waiting for 5 hours I finally got to play & won 76 63 against Kraijcek! Thx for all the support out ther!!! Loved playing out there!:)"

Her next opponent: Vesna Manasieva (RUS). Not as much of a tennis fanatic as some on here, so I can admit I've not heard of her before.

crazillo
Jan 14th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Very impressive the winners stat, the unforced errors was a little high in the 1st set but in the end a straight sets win so can't complain.

Bine's twitter: "After waiting for 5 hours I finally got to play & won 76 63 against Kraijcek! Thx for all the support out ther!!! Loved playing out there!:)"

Her next opponent: Vesna Manasieva (RUS). Not as much of a tennis fanatic as some on here, so I can admit I've not heard of her before.

Manasieva has been ranked between #100 and #200 forever. I remember Kloesel beating her 8-6 in the third the last Kloesel played here and reached R2. I don't think she is a tougher opponent than Krajicek, I'm quite confident.

Nena_xxx
Jan 14th, 2011, 12:49 PM
This is amazing! :cheer:

AnDrEi.b
Jan 14th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Sabs :cheer:

Nina.
Jan 14th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Very happy for that first win. Really hope she qualifies

CillyUltra
Jan 14th, 2011, 03:00 PM
http://p.twipple.jp/data/e/A/Q/h/w_m.jpg

from a twitter user

Dorien.
Jan 14th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Really nice win :cheer:

Sasja
Jan 14th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Sabine :yeah:

Although I'm also sad Misa lost :sobbing:

matthias
Jan 14th, 2011, 07:49 PM
he Wilson outfit is ugly
i love the simple white adidas she had in Auckland
but maybe she signed a new contract with Wilson :(

cosmoose
Jan 14th, 2011, 10:30 PM
he Wilson outfit is ugly
i love the simple white adidas she had in Auckland
but maybe she signed a new contract with Wilson :(
Bine is a Wilson girl now. racquet and clothing.

DiscoStick
Jan 14th, 2011, 10:43 PM
Oh yes Sabine! :hearts: Qualify now please :kiss:

Hate the Wilson clothing though...

Mike81
Jan 14th, 2011, 11:55 PM
I don't agree. Sabine makes anything look good :)

hellas719
Jan 15th, 2011, 02:21 AM
Sabine :yeah:
Wilson clothes :vomit:

I saw Manasieva live at the 2009 US Open. She can be tricky since she's a lefty (if I remember correctly), but Sabine still should beat her comfortably ;)

Mike81
Jan 15th, 2011, 02:33 AM
Bine's match about to start :)

cosmoose
Jan 15th, 2011, 04:27 AM
There is no words to describe the disappointing effort from Sabine today.

Mike81
Jan 15th, 2011, 04:31 AM
I still love the girl to pieces but I'm in disbelief with that loss. I'm worried about her future in the WTA :help: Knocked out in Round 2 of quals for AO, a big drop from being a Wimbledon quarter finalist 18 months ago.

cosmoose
Jan 15th, 2011, 04:33 AM
Is she still getting coached by her father?
I think its time she hire a professional coach.
It seems she was unprepared for this match and had no clue how to attack Manasieva.

Sabine must be crying her eyes out in the locker room. :sad: :hug:

Mike81
Jan 15th, 2011, 04:40 AM
It seems she was unprepared for this match and had no clue how to attack Manasieva.

I'm sure she still is coached by her father. Obviously this is not the first time Sabine has lost to a little known opponent, but its the first time I can think of in a Grand Slam quals, its a crushing disappointment for her and for me as she was playing in my country. She needs to learn some tactics because big serve and down the line groundstrokes don't win all the time. Not having seen the match, I can't really comment too much other than to assume it was a poor performance.

Yeah it really hurts knowing how disappointed she must be now. She's a sweetheart and its sad what's happened to her since 2009.

hellas719
Jan 15th, 2011, 04:41 AM
Sabine :sad:

Sasja
Jan 15th, 2011, 05:04 AM
Sabine :sobbing:

Mike81
Jan 15th, 2011, 06:05 AM
I wish I could give her a hug :sad: Sabine :hug:

She can still come back and be a top player. Its just taking longer than we hoped.

Dorien.
Jan 15th, 2011, 07:27 AM
Sabine :sobbing: Was really not seeing this one comming

Michael!
Jan 15th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Ah, she had the match in control actually, it was all fine until 52, I just think that she got too tight in the important situations, like many times before, that was her biggest problem in early 2010 anyway, remember her chokes against Azarenka, Brianti,Tanasugarn etc. and it is still the same now, she often needs to many chances, wastes too many BPs, hits DFs and too many 2nd serves when it gets important and then often starts to hit 1st serve like 2nd serves as she has no confidence anymore...

Omega1
Jan 15th, 2011, 08:36 AM
It is a pity. :hug: But the season is just beginning.
Good luck in next tournaments :yeah:

cosmoose
Jan 15th, 2011, 08:42 AM
Sabine Lisicki I'm very disappointed with my match today. I was simply to tight and didn't use my chances and lost 67 46... I still need some time to get back to where Iwas but I'll work hard for it! It was still a good trip for me and I learned a lot! I'm sad to be leaving AUS this soon. I love the crowd here and want to thank all of you who supported me today!

Omega1
Jan 15th, 2011, 09:03 AM

Sabine must be crying her eyes out in the locker room. :sad: :hug:

What a nonsense.
When Sabine won against Devenport, Williams, Kuznetsova, Bartoli Wozniacki, etc., the father was good enough.
Now, if after a long injury, without match practice ,single axle which needs time,they say the father is not good as a trainer.:devil:
This nonsense is not new in world tennis.

crazillo
Jan 15th, 2011, 09:47 AM
I don't think you should blame her father, he can't change Sabines head. She needs mental training, 'cuz she obviously got the game.

crazillo
Jan 15th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Another point: do you guys also think that HC is Sabine's worst surface? She hasn't done much on it, obviously indoor HC is totally different. Best results have been on clay and grass so far.

Tennis Observer
Jan 15th, 2011, 10:28 AM
As Sabine earned 86 instead of 101 points at the beginning of these last two years, I see her results on par.

Of course her ranking is significantly lower than those in 2010 and with another 100 points to defend her next goal should be to get into FO-QD. Unfortunately she missed opportunities like 25K Grenoble & 25K Rancho Santa Fee. But there are much more occasions for her at ITF level or she (tries to) play at 220K Pattaya City (http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=18970873&postcount=56), the tournament she prefers to Fed Cup 2010.

AnDrEi.b
Jan 15th, 2011, 10:58 AM
I wasn`t expecting a defeat so early Sabs :sad:

cosmoose
Jan 15th, 2011, 11:08 AM
What a nonsense.
When Sabine won against Devenport, Williams, Kuznetsova, Bartoli Wozniacki, etc., the father was good enough.
Now, if after a long injury, without match practice ,single axle which needs time,they say the father is not good as a trainer.:devil:
This nonsense is not new in world tennis.

Tennis is a strange sport where the parent of an athlete is allowed to coach their prized issue.
This is almost never the case in any other sport.
Can you imagine Lionel Messi, Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan, Michael Schumacher coached by their dad after turning pro? Yet, somehow this is acceptable in tennis.

So what credential does Papa Lisicki have in tennis?
Did he play professionally? afaik, he didn't

Its easy to be a coach when the player is playing well.
Coach really earns his paycheck when the player is struggling, slumping, or returning from injury.
To me, its undeniable that Sabine's dad has not handled her comeback wisely nor addressed her fragile confidence issue.

I want a coach that will get Sabine in top physical shape. Shape as in match fitness so that she doesn't visibly tire in the match nor get mentally tentative during crucial points. If she finds herself in a crucial point late in the match, she should have the confidence that she can physically compete. Right now, I think she has doubts. Too many times in crucial points, Sabine gets tentative and doesn't hit out. How many times have we seen her serve 60mph first serves? too many.

I want a coach who gives Sabine more than one strategy. If her opponent starts to up her game and have success, there should be a Plan B. But Sabine hardly ever changes her strategy during a match. Thus we have a match like today where a slight change in momentum seals her doom. She needs someone to teach her how to counter attack. Too many times, momentum changes against her and Sabine has the look of deer in a headlight.

Lastly my pet peeve. Why doesn't she play doubles?

Tennis Observer
Jan 15th, 2011, 12:23 PM
[...] Coach really earns his paycheck when the player is struggling, slumping, or returning from injury.
To me, its undeniable that Sabine's dad has not handled her comeback wisely nor addressed her fragile confidence issue.

I want a coach that will get Sabine in top physical shape. Shape as in match fitness so that she doesn't visibly tire in the match nor get mentally tentative during crucial points. If she finds herself in a crucial point late in the match, she should have the confidence that she can physically compete. [...]
Well said & and let me add three additional aspects:

Sabine is too confident and her expectations are to ambitious.
Sabine could not confirm her top three results (2009: QF Wimbledon, W Family Circle Cup & RU Luxembourg) and her 2009 year end ranking (# 23) was to her advantage.
Sabine was not in good shape as she re-entered Tour in Cincinnati 2010. She did surrender SR opportunity, as she started too early.

mk27
Jan 15th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Why doesn't she play doubles?

Very good question!

She should clearly play more doubles.

matthias
Jan 15th, 2011, 01:08 PM
i always have the feeling her Body is just to weak to get in good shape, or to play many matches in short time.
Maybe thats the reason why she dont play doubles too
in Fed-Cup vs. China she played a great doubles with ALG

crazillo
Jan 15th, 2011, 01:10 PM
So what credential does Papa Lisicki have in tennis?
Did he play professionally? afaik, he didn't
Is he a licensed trainer? does he have a degree in sports science/medicine? I think not.

He does. Shows how much you know about her.

I think she should have come back fresh and relaxed with a protected ranking. Would have been much better, but I'm sure she expected to be back at her old level very soon.

I want Sabine to hire a mental coach.

cosmoose
Jan 15th, 2011, 01:14 PM
He does. Shows how much you know about her.

I think she should have come back fresh and relaxed with a protected ranking. Would have been much better, but I'm sure she expected to be back at her old level very soon.

Thanks for the correction.

Omega1
Jan 15th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Well said & and let me add three additional aspects:

Sabine is too confident and her expectations are to ambitious.
Sabine could not confirm her top three results (2009: QF Wimbledon, W Family Circle Cup & RU Luxembourg) and her 2009 year end ranking (# 23) was to her advantage.
Sabine was not in good shape as she re-entered Tour in Cincinnati 2010. She did surrender SR opportunity, as she started too early.

1.I do not think so. It only has the courage to say aloud what they want. Most want the same, just have to say the anxiety
2.if someone can not play because of injury, only loses points.This has nothing to confirmation.
Will they say that Serena Williams has the good form of Australian Open 2010 this year unconfirmed ? :help:
3.I agree, yes that was a mistake

Omega1
Jan 15th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Very good question!

She should clearly play more doubles.

what for ranking them in double ?
Does it come in at all?

cosmoose
Jan 15th, 2011, 01:29 PM

What do you mean by "mental" coach?
are you talking about sports psychologist?

mk27
Jan 15th, 2011, 01:39 PM
what for ranking them in double ?
Does it come in at all?

She hasn't got a doubles ranking anymore, simply because she has played only 2 doubles tournaments in the last 52 week.

Omega1
Jan 15th, 2011, 01:50 PM
She hasn't got a doubles ranking anymore, simply because she has played only 2 doubles tournaments in the last 52 week.

ok ,thanks.

Tennis Observer
Jan 15th, 2011, 02:06 PM
2.if someone can not play because of injury, only loses points.This has nothing to confirmation.
Will they say that Serena Williams has the good form of Australian Open 2010 this year unconfirmed ? :help:
Look at Serena Williams (http://www.wtatour.com/player/serena-williams_2257889_9044) history and you may learn something about consistancy & steadiness. Sabine earned 200 points in first two months of 2010 and retired at Indian Wells w/left ankle injury. Her withdraw from Kuala Lumpur (wisdom teeth) and her losses against Alberta Brianti (# 73) and Tamarine Tanasugarn (# 87) have nothing to do with her injury.

Omega1
Jan 15th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Look at Serena Williams (http://www.wtatour.com/player/serena-williams_2257889_9044) history and you may learn something about consistancy & steadiness. Sabine earned 200 points in first two months of 2010 and retired at Indian Wells w/left ankle injury. Her withdraw from Kuala Lumpur (wisdom teeth) and her losses against Alberta Brianti (# 73) and Tamarine Tanasugarn (# 87) have nothing to do with her injury.

When I see this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lTX2frhoUc
I'm not so sure.
But they know intended better than I.

Graf~Dokic
Jan 15th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Sabine :sad: :hug: She has to win against the likes of Manasieva.

crazillo
Jan 15th, 2011, 03:31 PM

Yeah that's what I meant, probably a quick translation and therefore the wrong word, we say "Mentaltrainer" in German. What do you think?

Carsten
Jan 15th, 2011, 05:42 PM
I don't think we should blame her father, he seems to know a lot about tennis... he even wrote his dissertation about tennis at the Cologne Sport University. And besides that she's working with Bolletieri Academy so she has a lot of great coaches around her.

I think it's clearly a mental problem and she seems to want it too much sometimes...

Rovegun
Jan 15th, 2011, 06:57 PM
I think shes a bit impatient... she knows where she belongs to but she wants to do all things like before injury she wants to go high as quickly as possible and maybe its a mistake... she still needs time... and I believe this year shell back in Top 100 but it takes some time but she needst to play more matches and if she wins them shell be stronger mentally...

Tennis Observer
Jan 15th, 2011, 11:44 PM
[...] I want Sabine to hire a mental coach.
Yeah that's what I meant, probably a quick translaton and therefore the wrong word, we say "Mentaltrainer" in German. What do you think?
Sabine & her team (http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=133578&id=175535596516&ref=mf): Dr. Richard Lisicki, Nick Bolletieri ( http://www.nickbollettieri.com/ ), Chip Brooks (http://www.imgacademies.com/nick-bollettieri-tennis-academy/coaches/chip-brooks/), Dante Bottini (http://www.imgacademies.com/nick-bollettieri-tennis-academy/coaches/dante-bottini/), Paul Forsyth (http://www.imgacademies.com/nick-bollettieri-tennis-academy/coaches/paul-forsyth/) & Jose Lambert ( http://www.imgacademies.com/nick-bollettieri-tennis-academy/coaches/jose-lambert/) (entry on 11/23/10):

From Nick Bollettieri ( http://nickstennispicks.com/ )s blog (1/13/11, bloding is mine):
Nick breaks down the top women in the 2011 Australian Open field as well as some of the darkhorses and players to watch. []
Darkhorses: [...]
Sabine Libsicki (sic!!)
Sabine has been at the Academy for several years, and had a great 2009 reaching the quarters at Wimbledon. Last year she was hurt for a majority of the season, but she is feeling better physically and she seems to be mentally strong as well. She has a big game from both sides and her serve is huge when she gets it in. At times, she plays to quickly and this really hurts her. She has what it takes to get back to the top, but she must be more patient when building points.

From Eurosport (8/30/09): US Open - Lisicki: "Will die Nummer 1 werden" (http://de.eurosport.yahoo.com/30082009/73/us-ope n-lisicki-nummer-1.html) (bolding is mine)
Das Leben als Tennisprofi bedeutet knallhartes Training. Sie arbeiten auch mit einem Mentalcoach zusammen. Wie muss man sich das vorstellen? Gibt es da tglich "Trainingsstunden"?
Lisicki: Nicht an jedem Tag. Wir setzen uns nach Bedarf zusammen. Ich bin mental sehr stark - und da ich den Sport sehr liebe, habe ich auch am Training sehr viel Spa und muss mich nicht qulen.

crazillo
Jan 16th, 2011, 12:05 AM
I don't think we should blame her father, he seems to know a lot about tennis... he even wrote his dissertation about tennis at the Cologne Sport University. And besides that she's working with Bolletieri Academy so she has a lot of great coaches around her.

I think it's clearly a mental problem and she seems to want it too much sometimes...

I second that.

Tennis Observer
Jan 16th, 2011, 12:33 AM
When I see this video, video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lTX2frhoUc) I'm not so sure. But they know intended better than I.
I have no idea about your point, however, it goes without saying: Sabine is injury prone! She retired at Estoril and Los Angeles 2009 w/shoulder injury and did not play any other tournament until US Open. This video shows match point of

US Open R2 2009 Q Anastasia Rodionova (# 139) d 23 Sabine Lisicki (# 25 ) 63 36 75:
Wrap Up (Gotennis.com): 23-seeded Sabine Lisicki made the most painful exit of the day. She served for the match against Anastasia Rodionova in the third set, was broken, and then sprained her ankle on her opponents match point. She left the court in a wheelchair.
Three weeks later she played in Tokyo.

In 2010, she retired at Indian Wells and two weeks later in Miami w/left ankle injury. I have no idea if it was a good idea to play in Miami after an ankle sprain (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprained_ankle) neither do I know if she is recovered from all her different injuries. I hope for her she is, otherwise it does not make sense to play!

Read what she had to say (facebook entries):

3/21: Arrived in Miami last night. getting ready for first match. First seeing if ankle is ok after sprain in IW. Think it will be.
3/31: Doing rehab for the ankle.
4/3: Pulled out of Ponte Vedra. Still doing rehab.
4/8: Unfortunately I had to pull out of Charleston. It makes me very sad because I was looking forward to defend my title! I have such great memories from last year...
4/19: Ever since Indian Wells, I have been working very hard to get my ankle better. It has been hard as I could not defend my title in Charleston and will now miss Fed Cup and Stuttgart. As the ankle sprain is taking a little longer then expected, I continue to work as hard as I can to get back on the tour. I hope to be back in the weeks to come.
5/12: Unfortunately I wont be able to play Warsaw and the French Open. It makes me sad that Ill miss such a great Grand Slam but thats the way it sometimes goes. One thing is for sure, Ill come back stronger than before!! I hope to be back for the grasscourt season.
5/23: [] Im doing everything to come back soon and stronger than before!
7/02: Starting to feel really really good on the court again!
7/16: I wanted to fly to Portoroz on Friday to play my first tournament in months . Prior to that I went to see my doctor to make a last check. Then he said that my ankle isnt strong enough yet to play a tournament without taking any risks. Im terribly disappointed because I was really looking forward to playing on the tour again. Everything was booked, my bags were packed and then you get to hear this. Its another bump in the road and I have to stay strong and keep working hard to improve my stability in the ankle so that I can play soon on the tour with out risks!
7/19: Had a tough fitness session today and went for a swim. Really working on the stability & strengh of my foot!
7/20: Had a pretty good hit in the morning. Its getting better each day and Im happy on the court!
7/22: I had another good hit in the morning. Im really starting to get a good feeling on the court again! :) This makes me really happy :)
Did some fitness & physio after and will now rest. :)
7/24: getting ready for training in Florida. Excited! It has been a while since I was there
7/29: Had a good hit today. Im so excited to be in Florida again! Its really hot but its good to train in these kind of conditions. :) []
7/29: Really good practice today. Incredibly hot today! Starting to play well. Wont play San Diego but thinking about comeback the week after.
8/04: Had a good practice today. Played out some points and my ankle still feels fine. So happy!
8/04: tough morning practice. Getting closer to tournament play. Played good set this morning.
8/06: Hi Everybody, Ive been working very hard in the last couple of weeks to be ready to come back! This week Ive played many practice sets and matches and I feel good! Cincinnati is going to be my first tournament back and Im very happy about it. []
8/08: I had a good hit this morning with Kim and Im so excited to be back here in Cincinnati! Im playing tomorrow at 11oclock my first match against M. Niculescu. Its going to be my first match in a long time so Im not putting any kind of pressure on myself. Im going to go out there and have fun!
8/09: Hi everybody, well it didn't go the way I wanted it to go. I've been practicing good and the warm up was good too but I was simply too tight during my first match... I'm disappointed because I know I can do better. The good thing is that my body feels fine! I'm a fighter and will keep working hard to get back!
8/20: I just got back from the gym. Had a good work out.
Im getting ready to go to New York! I will play the ITF tournament 100k+H in Bronx next week followed by the Us Open. :)
9/02: I won my first round 61 60 on tuesday!! I was so happy after the match. Today I just practiced and had a petty easy day. Jut before I left the courts I saw Andre Agassi. I havent seen him for a while. So it was great catching up!
Im playing tomorrow first match on Arthur Ashe at 11 oclock!
9/06: Im back home in Florida. Ill prepare here for my next tournament which will be the Bell Challenge in Quebec City. This has always been a nice event so Im looking forward to it.

bertieb
Jan 16th, 2011, 01:18 AM
I agree with what Micahel said yesterday. Sabine had the match in control @ 5-2. She looked the class player of the qualifiers. Her serve which I admire was very poor. Whenever she missed a first serve it was by a large margin. All credit to her opponent for hanging in there and playing some good tennis to win. Manasieva actually qualified for the main draw today and obviously gained much confidence from beating such a talented player like Sabine

Like many of the players on tour Sabine needs to learn how to play under pressure and when things aren't going to plan.

Mike81
Jan 16th, 2011, 01:52 AM
Its good to read all the insight into Sabine from those who have followed her for alot longer than me. I've only followed her closely for about a year. Funnily enough apart from the tennis I became interested in her through her facebook and twitter updates. Then with this forum I started to get a more critical look at her game and where it's going wrong. I had thought the drop in ranking was mostly due to injuries and lack of matches, but looking back at her results, its clear that yesterday isn't the first time she's lost to a lesser known player, and she's certainly fallen in a heap at times after making good starts. She needs to work on her mentality and have tactics to deal with matches when the momentum swings against her. I'm very sorry she's leaving Aus so soon but I still believe this year will be alot better than 2010. Well it has to be as she only won 6 WTA matches last year, and she's already won 5 this year! ;)

So what's her ranking now? Losing in quals wouldn't have helped it.

cosmoose
Jan 16th, 2011, 03:41 AM
according to Boiled Egg's updated ranking, Sabine is now #188. :eek: :sad:

she will have hard time getting into quali draw for tier 4 events.

welcome to ITF :sad:

Tennis Observer
Jan 16th, 2011, 03:44 AM
As of 1/17, Sabine's ranking is # 156, after AO it should be around # 180. It looks like she plays her next tournament in four weeks in Memphis (QD: 16 players, two round & she could be seeded). 30 points to defend from Pattaya City one week earlier.

Mike81
Jan 16th, 2011, 04:28 AM

The thing I least understand/like about tennis is the rankings system :confused:

Poor Sabine :sad: :smooch:

mk27
Jan 16th, 2011, 09:30 AM

Yes, but she has further 100 points to defend till Miami but then absolutely nothing till the US Open.

cosmoose
Jan 16th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Everybody watch this video.
Sabine is so sweet....I feel bad for criticizing her.
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=18991678&postcount=290

Mike81
Jan 16th, 2011, 12:48 PM
I already knew she was a sweetie, but I'd not seen her talk for 33 minutes, so I'm very happy to have seen that video. I don't care (that much) what her ranking is really, she's such a loveable character. To meet her would be great, although she has replied to me on twitter a couple of times, which was nice of her :) She seems more in touch with fans than many players.

crazillo
Jan 16th, 2011, 01:55 PM
what a sweetheart :)

EDIT: she says she is gonna play some challengers and then Memphis. Wants to get as many matches under her belt as possible. Good decision!

matthias
Jan 16th, 2011, 05:19 PM
sounds good, the US Challenger are a good way to get some matches :)
and memphis with the week draw is also a good choice :)

Mike81
Jan 23rd, 2011, 11:41 PM
Manisieva made it to the 3rd round so Sabine didn't exactly lose to someone without talent. Still makes one wonder how Sabine could have gone if she'd qualified but that's in the past. Now its all about getting matchplay and wins and ranking points. It may be a while before her next tournament and I have no idea what she's doing now as there's been no twitter or facebook updates but I'm patient :tennis: