PDA

View Full Version : Australian Open 2011 - Mission: F*cking Failed!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Marilyn Monheaux
Jan 7th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Let's do this Masha! We still BELIEVE in you! Always have, always will!

http://i35.tinypic.com/2elt769.jpg

Andy.
Jan 7th, 2011, 10:04 AM
I like this idea! Fresh thread, fresh positive vibes. By by Poova forever.

Qetusi
Jan 7th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Let's do this Masha! We still BELIEVE in you! Always have, always will!

http://www.wtatour.ru/style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif http://www.wtatour.ru/style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif http://www.wtatour.ru/style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif

s2crux
Jan 7th, 2011, 10:23 AM
come on maria:x
Always beside you

Mistress of Evil
Jan 7th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Serena approves

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab210/_svetlio_/GIFS/SW.gif

tvbsharapova
Jan 7th, 2011, 11:58 AM
come on bitch

Sharapovian
Jan 7th, 2011, 11:59 AM
I like this thread :D
Nice title, and everything else too!

Come on Maria we believe in you :cheer:

Qetusi
Jan 7th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Come on Masha !!!
You are and always be # 1 in our heats http://www.tennisforum.com/images/smilies/cheer.gif

WTAtennisfan15
Jan 7th, 2011, 12:57 PM
http://i38.tinypic.com/dccyee.gif

ALLEZ, UP YOUR FUCKING ASS!

Keep that attitude Masha!

Break My Rapture
Jan 7th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Please call Serena to ask how she did it in '07. :lol:

Vartan
Jan 7th, 2011, 03:59 PM
:lol:

Marilyn Monheaux
Jan 7th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Please call Serena to ask how she did it in '07. :lol:

By being Serena? :awww:

Anyone remember the "Be like Mike" campaign from Nike back in the day? We should make our own "Be like Serena" banners for the Australian Open. :rolls: Does anyone want to make one? :Dwan

Break My Rapture
Jan 7th, 2011, 04:07 PM
I might try to make one. :D

Shivank17
Jan 7th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Fresh start,a new beginning .
:)
Go Maria,destroy your opponents again and make us proud. ;)
:worship:

Auckland has been an eye-opener,time for the real Maria Sharapova to stand up. :) ;)

slamchamp
Jan 7th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Keep wishing I guess

Craig.
Jan 7th, 2011, 08:35 PM
It'd be funny if Poova was 'exorcised' and Maria still lost early. Okay, not really.

:sobbing:

Jack89
Jan 7th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Maria is apparently meant to be practising tomorrow at the Aussie Open

It was on their twitter account: http://twitter.com/AustralianOpen/status/23271064616304640

Break My Rapture
Jan 7th, 2011, 09:58 PM
Please practice your ass off, girl. :sad:

Andy.
Jan 7th, 2011, 10:06 PM
I would assume she had already practiced yesterday and today.

Craig.
Jan 7th, 2011, 10:13 PM
And tbh, who knows how her practices are going? She might be training her ass off, but that doesn't mean she's not in shitty form in practice.

Jacey
Jan 8th, 2011, 12:19 AM
I like this idea! Fresh thread, fresh positive vibes. By by Poova forever.

:yeah:
come on bitch

:cheer:
I like this thread :D
Nice title, and everything else too!

Come on Maria we believe in you :cheer:

:rocker2:

Come on Masha !!!
You are and always be # 1 in our heats http://www.tennisforum.com/images/smilies/cheer.gif

:hearts:

Fresh start,a new beginning .
:)
Go Maria,destroy your opponents again and make us proud. ;)

Auckland has been an eye-opener,time for the real Maria Sharapova to stand up. :) ;)

Keep wishing I guess

THATS THE WAY! :drink:

Lachy
Jan 8th, 2011, 05:51 AM
Getting good vibes from this thread Maja, Be like Serena!! :cheer2:

kimgurl
Jan 8th, 2011, 09:39 AM

thats the spirit u guys..luvin it!!:worship:

s_j
Jan 8th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Training vid at Melbourne Park:

http://fb.me/xdVgWEdc

Maria's only lost once since winning it in 2008!!! (Kinda misleading but whatevs).

Marilyn Monheaux
Jan 8th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Getting good vibes from this thread Maja, Be like Serena!! :cheer2:

http://oi53.tinypic.com/b96fk7.jpg

http://oi53.tinypic.com/20tl1k2.jpg
by Pieterenka
:cheer: :woohoo: :bounce:

Please don't tell the reetards. :tears:

Break My Rapture
Jan 8th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Gosh I suck at extracting trophies. :lol: I love the picture of Rena in the second banner. :cheer: SO FIERCE!

Maria Croft
Jan 8th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Please practice your ass off, girl. :sad:

I'm sure she is, just like always, but will it actually mean good results will follow? Let's hope so.

Ksenia.
Jan 8th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Maja opened the thread, feels safer :lol:

Shafanovic.
Jan 8th, 2011, 09:26 PM
:lol: Love the title.

I hope she doesn't lose first round. I don't care if it's 7-6 6-7 70-68 against Brie Whitehead, but I don't want her to lose first round :lol:

Break My Rapture
Jan 8th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Honestly though, if Maria hits her groundstrokes like in her Auckie R1 but serves like in her R2 or QF, I think there's a chance she can win a couple of matches. :shrug:

JadeFox
Jan 9th, 2011, 10:55 AM
:lol: Love the title.

I hope she doesn't lose first round. I don't care if it's 7-6 6-7 70-68 against Brie Whitehead, but I don't want her to lose first round :lol:

But then she'll be in the company of Isner. She can play mixed doubles with him and be the tallest mixed doubles duo ever! :hearts:

And speaking of exorcisms anyone got some holy water? If we're gonna be doing exorcisms lets do it right!

Shafanovic.
Jan 9th, 2011, 10:57 AM
But then she'll be in the company of Isner. She can play mixed doubles with him and be the tallest mixed doubles duo ever! :hearts:

And speaking of exorcisms anyone got some holy water? If we're gonna be doing exorcisms lets do it right!

That's okay.

Isner's hot, maybe she'll break up with Sasha and get married with John instead. Him I approve of 100%

Marilyn Monheaux
Jan 9th, 2011, 11:15 AM

We also need some prayers & crosses before we can take on the allmighty Poova. :scared: :armed:

The mass starts January 16th, right here. Who will join in?

Shafanovic.
Jan 9th, 2011, 11:16 AM
I.

JadeFox
Jan 9th, 2011, 11:58 AM
ME! :wavey: :bounce:

rucolo
Jan 9th, 2011, 05:25 PM
http://oi53.tinypic.com/b96fk7.jpg

http://oi53.tinypic.com/20tl1k2.jpg

by Pieterenka
:cheer: :woohoo: :bounce:

Love it! :inlove:

Should be a Maria - Serena final this year. But ...
Whatever. Then in 2012!

Dieter.
Jan 9th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Although Auckland was quite disappointing, i'm already looking forward to the Australian Open. Come on Maria! :cheer:

Jacey
Jan 9th, 2011, 07:21 PM
We also need some prayers & crosses before we can take on the allmighty Poova. :scared: :armed:

The mass starts January 16th, right here. Who will join in?

Sign me up.....with Rosary beads in hand ;)

Jack89
Jan 9th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Maria is gonna rise to 16 in the rankings on Monday, so given Serena's withdrawal and Dementieva not playing anymore, I think she'll be the No 14 seed in the tournament.

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jan 10th, 2011, 01:20 AM
Is Dementieva still in the top 15? :lol:

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jan 10th, 2011, 03:10 AM
Does anyone remember a match last year (I think) when Maria walked to the wrong side of the court? :sobbing: I'm looking at Cincinnati highlights and for some reason I thought of that.

P.S. I miss Frizzyhairpova. She reminds me of all the three-set thrillers she won. :hearts:

s2crux
Jan 10th, 2011, 03:35 AM
Please come back WINNERPOVA
please:(

gc-spurs
Jan 10th, 2011, 05:16 AM
That's okay.

Isner's hot, maybe she'll break up with Sasha and get married with John instead. Him I approve of 100%

They'd have beautiful tall babies, not tall hairy ones...

But woo for Australian Open!

Sp!ffy
Jan 10th, 2011, 06:06 AM
Poova is going to get her ass whooped.

Sharapova will be back. :devil::armed:

s_j
Jan 10th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Maria is gonna rise to 16 in the rankings on Monday, so given Serena's withdrawal and Dementieva not playing anymore, I think she'll be the No 14 seed in the tournament.

But Grand Slams always take the rankings from the Monday the week before the Slam for the seeds. So she'll be 15 :)

Ksenia.
Jan 10th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Well there is no big difference between #14 and #15 right? Top 16 it is :shrug:

Slampova
Jan 10th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Hopefully she gets a decent draw :unsure:

Marilyn Monheaux
Jan 10th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Only 5 days until the draw! :bounce:

Ksenia.
Jan 10th, 2011, 12:39 PM
In the light of her first matches this year I'd change the smiley to :scared: though :sobbing:

Break My Rapture
Jan 10th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Please just a winnable R1 draw even if she's not playing well. :sad: I'm excited to see how busy she is fine-tuning her game on the practice courts but as she said herself it might take some time till she starts fearlessly whacking the ball in actual matches like she does in practice rallies.

BuckJaysRock
Jan 10th, 2011, 09:55 PM
the draw dosent matter much ,its about if the real maria sharapova shows up to play like a champion

~MashyOwnThemAll
Jan 10th, 2011, 10:07 PM
the draw dosent matter much ,its about if the real maria sharapova shows up to play like a champion

impossible :tears:
101% sure.

bad_angel_109
Jan 11th, 2011, 07:39 AM
i thought maria was meant to be playing in sydney, no? thought she had a WC. this will be interesting how she does this year. however a lot depends on the draw. obviously bad (unlucky) draw for her last year - but one hell of a match, i was there! :D

i think maria will have a slow start but will fire up in the latter stages of the first week (assuming her makes it that far lol). one thing's for sure, she'll be out for blood (and to win the tourney).

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jan 11th, 2011, 09:42 AM
i thought maria was meant to be playing in sydney, no? thought she had a WC. this will be interesting how she does this year. however a lot depends on the draw. obviously bad (unlucky) draw for her last year - but one hell of a match, i was there! :D

i think maria will have a slow start but will fire up in the latter stages of the first week (assuming her makes it that far lol). one thing's for sure, she'll be out for blood (and to win the tourney).

Hope so. :)

She turned down the Sydney wildcard. It's either because Sydney was using Maria for publicity or she thought 2 wins was enough preparation for the Australian Open (which was what she reportedly said). She played 3 matches in total. Who knows? We'll see how she does.

bad_angel_109
Jan 11th, 2011, 09:46 AM
so i wasnt dreaming lol. so she did have a WC. i say with 110% certainty that sydney would use her for publicity.

i can just imagine the draw being rigged - in that maria's people have asked tennis australia not to put maria on the 1st day of the MD lol. i think she'll do well, at least the 3rd round.

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jan 11th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Are you a Maria fan? :sobbing: Never seen you here before. With her seeding, she will still be seeded to meet a top #1-4 by the Round of 16.

Marilyn Monheaux
Jan 11th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Are you a Maria fan? :sobbing: Never seen you here before. With her seeding, she will still be seeded to meet a top #1-4 by the Round of 16.

Hopefully Wozniacki. :p

~MashyOwnThemAll
Jan 11th, 2011, 10:09 AM
or Venus :hearts:

Marilyn Monheaux
Jan 11th, 2011, 10:11 AM
or Venus :hearts:

Please, NO! No matter how badly she plays, she's gonna find a win to thrash Mash. :tears:

~MashyOwnThemAll
Jan 11th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Please, NO! No matter how badly she plays, she's gonna find a win to thrash Mash. :tears:

ohh like anybody else.... :sobbing: :sobbing:
FML.

bad_angel_109
Jan 11th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Are you a Maria fan? :sobbing: Never seen you here before.I am a fan of maria, just perhaps not as big of a maria fan as you or everyone else here. i still watch her matches and such. reason you probably havent seen me here is coz i havent posted anything on this forum for months lol

it seems logical she should make it til the quarters but then again if her chokes (dont want to jinx her) or someone pulls an upset over her

MS17
Jan 11th, 2011, 10:19 AM
even Vera :angel:

plz no Mama Kim :rolleyes:

~MashyOwnThemAll
Jan 11th, 2011, 10:20 AM
I am a fan of maria, just perhaps not as big of a maria fan as you or everyone else here. i still watch her matches and such. reason you probably havent seen me here is coz i havent posted anything on this forum for months lol

it seems logical she should make it til the quarters but then again if her chokes (dont want to jinx her) or someone pulls an upset over her

do you have your EOS 7D yet? :D

Sharapovian
Jan 11th, 2011, 10:51 AM
I hope she gets a good draw :tears:

She needs an easy 1st round opponent to start off.

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jan 11th, 2011, 10:56 AM
I hope she draws Venus. But with her luck she'll draw Kim. :lol:

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jan 11th, 2011, 10:58 AM
^ I can't stand her losing to Caroline. And there's no way in hell she'll hit through Kim. Vera not sure... Venus seems the most logic choice if we had one. :lol:

The Norwegian
Jan 11th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Kim is the best but obviously in it just for the money. Venus looks great but bored. Maria will probably still be out there when she's 47 or something. Caroline is still too young. Serena was a lot of fun.

Nina.
Jan 12th, 2011, 10:52 AM
I'm back just in time for the AO :D can't believe they are almost there already

Marilyn Monheaux
Jan 12th, 2011, 10:55 AM
^^Nina is back! :sobbing:

How you doin girl? How's life/studies goin? How (where) did you celebrate Silvester? I was in Berlin!:hearts:

Nina.
Jan 12th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Life's good, pretty busy because I my exams are nearing. I celebrated Silvester in Berlin at a friend's place and didn't have internet at home since the week before Xmas :sobbing:

Marilyn Monheaux
Jan 12th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Life's good, pretty busy because I my exams are nearing. I celebrated Silvester in Berlin at a friend's place and didn't have internet at home since the week before Xmas :sobbing:

:eek:

Exams are such a horrible thing.:o My stomach turns just thinking about it and I haven't even started studying, yet. :o

Ksenia.
Jan 12th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Exams :sobbing: I have two left and then I can go to Tallinn, enjoy AO and other stuff :cheer:

This is turning into a chatthread, what else is new :lol:
And welcome back Nina :bigwave:

Sharapovian
Jan 12th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Welcome Back Nina! :D

I have exams too :sobbing:

Marilyn Monheaux
Jan 12th, 2011, 11:18 AM
^^My employer just called me and told me I have the whole January off. :rolls:

Sharapovian
Jan 12th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Lucky you! :speakles:

Mistress of Evil
Jan 12th, 2011, 02:43 PM
I hope she draws Venus. But with her luck she'll draw Kim. :lol:

you are looking too much ahead :)

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jan 12th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Yes. I do believe she can make it to 4R. After all I never really doubted her abilities. To each his own.

The Witch-king
Jan 12th, 2011, 04:18 PM
^ I can't stand her losing to Caroline. And there's no way in hell she'll hit through Kim. Vera not sure... Venus seems the most logic choice if we had one. :lol:

I could see Maria beating Kim, actually. Kimberley is good but she's most certainly beatable, as long as she doesn't choke, that is.

Mistress of Evil
Jan 12th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Yes. I do believe she can make it to 4R. After all I never really doubted her abilities. To each his own.

its not about doubt. We all know what she is capable of when on. But just remember last year's AO when everybody got carried away with what an easy draw she had, and where she ended up.:tape:

Marilyn Monheaux
Jan 12th, 2011, 05:33 PM
JGSRiTo1xOs

I wish Masha, Ana, Anna & some other girl would take a page outta their book! :happy:

CROUCHING TIGER
Jan 12th, 2011, 05:34 PM
By Darren Saligari...
Maria Sharapova's 2011 outfit

It's customary for the big players at any Grand Slam to give a pre-tournament press conference. At the Australian Open, this generally happens in one of two places - in the main interview room or court side. But for Maria Sharapova, neither of these locations was quite right.

And, in true Maria style, this wasn't just your typical "I'm-focusing-on-my-next-match" press conference. Certainly not. Today's media opportunity was a fusion of tennis and fashion, a combination that Maria has owned since fellow racquet-swinging Russian blonde Anna Kournikova hung up her tools.

So, where do you hold such an event? (The term "press conference" doesn't do this justice.) Why, atop "the luxurious Crown Towers." Where else?

A group of mostly media gathered in a white-ceilinged marquee on Wednesday afternoon to be, according to the invite, hosted by Maria herself (although someone else was handing out the canapés and drinks when I arrived) and find out exactly what tennis's current style icon will be wearing on court at the Grand Slam of Asia-Pacific this year.

Inside the marquee there was a distinct white theme. White chairs, white stage, white flowers, and white plinths with vases of, you guessed it, white tennis balls. A large black and white image of a fist-pumping Maria captured in full battle cry dominated the small marquee and left the gathered few under no false impression as to who they had come to see.

The humidity took over as the growing media presence began to feel a little uncomfortable as they waited for their host. And when she made her entrance, to the strains of Fabolous's "You be Killin' Em", Maria was, not surprisingly, the only person dressed appropriately for the conditions in her light-weight custom-fitted dress.

Sharapova joined MC Nic Bradtke on stage where the two shared some polite banter, including the fact that Bradtke is married to a former basketballer (Mark Bradtke) and Sharapova has recently become engaged to one (Sasha Vujacic of the New Jersey Nets).

"It's an exciting part of our lives obviously. I'm 23 years old, we both have big careers in our lives that we've got to take care of and that we love so much."

But don't expect a wedding any time soon.

"[We're] certainly going to take our time for the big day, but we're having a lot of fun."

Enough of Maria's off-court life, back to the important stuff.

"I love this colour palette, it's very light," Maria told her guests when describing her outfit. Not being a fashion expert myself, I asked a few better-credentialed people for their take on Shazza's Down Under dress.

What I've managed to gather is that it's a mostly light grey dress with a melon-coloured crossover v-neck bodice, boomerang back (as described by Nike Tennis's creative director), and kick pleats teamed with Nike shoes featuring the same colours as her dress. (Feel free to correct me on any of the above.)

"It's very personable and it's easy. To start off the year with something simple and classic with a fresh colour is always nice," Sharapova explained.

Dress aside, the Australian Open 2008 champion's most recent visit to Melbourne 12 months ago was cut short by countrywoman Maria Kirilenko in a day one Rod Laver Arena upset. Needless to say, she's hoping to stay a little longer this time.

"I definitely think the game is as deep as I've ever played ... Maybe a few years ago you'd come into the tournament and use the first couple of rounds as a bit of a way to get yourself in the tournament, in the groove ... Now you've gotta be ready from the first point."

After injury problems in the past three seasons that have affected her right shoulder, right elbow and a foot, the most important thing for the former No.1 now is to stay healthy and, she says, play 18 events if possible.

So what of the infamous shoulder? "Feeling good thank you ... It certainly took me a lot longer to get back, to get that shoulder back to where I want it to be." Despite the shoulder "feeling good," Sharapova still travels with a physical therapist "every single week on the tour".

And with that there was time for a final photo opportunity on stage before Sharapova made her exit; stylishly, of course.

Sharapovian
Jan 12th, 2011, 05:38 PM
JGSRiTo1xOs

I wish Masha, Ana, Anna & some other girl would take a page outta their book! :happy:

LOL :happy:

JamieOwen3
Jan 12th, 2011, 05:59 PM
WTF? how the hell did i miss this shitting thread?

Mr.Sharapova
Jan 12th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Maria win this :cheer2:.

Just not a first round loss again.Anything else apart from that I'll take it :chee2:

Vartan
Jan 12th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Maria win this :cheer2:.

Just not a first round loss again.Anything else apart from that I'll take it :chee2:

A 2R loss to Greta Arn?

Mr.Sharapova
Jan 12th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Imagine if there were :Delpotro, Nadal, Wawrinka, and Roger in that video :haha::haha:.

Just saying :erm:

Mr.Sharapova
Jan 12th, 2011, 06:46 PM
A 2R loss to Greta Arn?

Its better than a first round :shrug:

Vartan
Jan 12th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Its better than a first round :shrug:

:sad:

Sharapovian
Jan 12th, 2011, 06:47 PM
A 2R loss to Greta Arn?

:bigcry:

Break My Rapture
Jan 12th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Maria's possible seeded R3 opponents:
Rezai
Kirilenko
Ivanovic
Kanepi
Wickmayer
Pennetta
Kuznetsova
Kleybanova

:scared:

Maria Croft
Jan 12th, 2011, 09:31 PM
We can worry about her third round opponent if she gets that far. No point in looking ahead this year.

claypova
Jan 12th, 2011, 11:03 PM
Rezai
Kirilenko
Ivanovic
Kanepi
Wickmayer
Pennetta
Kuznetsova
Kleybanova

oh dear :hysteric: please please draw Pennetta or Ivanovic

Sharapovian
Jan 12th, 2011, 11:12 PM
I don't want her to draw Ivanovic - in the 3rd round!

I want both of them to do well :sobbing:

Reptilia
Jan 12th, 2011, 11:17 PM
Rezai
Kirilenko
Ivanovic
Kanepi
Wickmayer
Pennetta
Kuznetsova
Kleybanova

:sobbing: I can see her losing to all of those players, thats if she even makes it to round 3.

Vartan
Jan 12th, 2011, 11:23 PM
She will beat the Russians.

Shafanovic.
Jan 12th, 2011, 11:24 PM
and Ivanovic

claypova
Jan 12th, 2011, 11:28 PM
Ivanovic is injured :shrug: so its prob the best draw for Masha

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jan 12th, 2011, 11:33 PM
Love Ana but she may be the most beatable out of all those considering her abdominal(?) Injury.

gc-spurs
Jan 12th, 2011, 11:51 PM
Lol its the WTA, half of those players will be out by R3!

jimmy_the_greek
Jan 13th, 2011, 12:09 AM
I wont take into consideration her performance in Auckland, most players don't perform at their best in order to give themselves the opportunity to perform well in the big slams. Good luck Masha:)

Mistress of Evil
Jan 13th, 2011, 05:36 AM
We can worry about her third round opponent if she gets that far. No point in looking ahead this year.

this. Match by match attitude, please!

Jack89
Jan 13th, 2011, 10:59 AM
I wonder whether Maria will play the Rally for Relief exho on Sunday??

I would be really good if she did.

JamieOwen3
Jan 13th, 2011, 11:05 AM
hope so ^^^ although i think she is focused 4 the AO, maybe doing that may help her? :lol:

and if she would make it to round 3 i think the ones she could and should beat are highlighted, the ones that are not are the ones im more worried about :) yes Ana is injured but she is hitting the ball well right now so no i don't want her to draw Ana!!

Rezai
Kirilenko
Ivanovic
Kanepi
Wickmayer
Pennetta
Kuznetsova
Kleybanova

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jan 13th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Would be great for Maria if she participated in the Rally 4 Relief but she never does those things, so I highly doubt it. The only event that I remember her taking participations in (pre-GS) are those Arthur Ashe Kid's Day in New York.

Shafanovic.
Jan 13th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Yeah.

Last year for the Hit for Haiti she called and said she'd donate $10,000 but never showed up :sobbing:

JamieOwen3
Jan 13th, 2011, 11:21 AM
she has done a couple similar things like that thing with the japanese people and yeah the ashe kids day :) japanese thing was way funny.

Ksenia.
Jan 13th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Hit for Haiti :hearts: Gotta re-watch it, it was gold.

Lord Choc Ice
Jan 13th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Can't wait for the draw. Here's hoping she plays better. At least she has nothing to defend if she mugs out in R1. :D

Mr.Sharapova
Jan 13th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Maybe she'll draw Kuznetsova:shrug:

JamieOwen3
Jan 13th, 2011, 11:44 AM
my fav part of hit 4 haiti :rolls:

ybsbzV7fNEo

Lord Choc Ice
Jan 13th, 2011, 11:46 AM
my fav part of hit 4 haiti :rolls:

ybsbzV7fNEo

Just like a Dementieva match! :worship:

Sharapovian
Jan 13th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Everyone probably already knows but just to confirm Maria will be seeded #14.

http://www.thesportscampus.com/201101139742/grand-slams/nadal-wozniacki-top-seeds-at-the-australian-open

Break My Rapture
Jan 13th, 2011, 04:28 PM
So Rally 4 Relief is what they've called the exho for flooding victims? :p Would be nice if Maria participated. :)

CROUCHING TIGER
Jan 13th, 2011, 05:08 PM
So, my dearly beloved, when do u think the new site will open? In the WE or maybe tomorrow?

Marilyn Monheaux
Jan 13th, 2011, 05:43 PM
^^Somewhere between now and the 17th. :D

CR3WLFC
Jan 13th, 2011, 05:45 PM
few more hours till the draw

Break My Rapture
Jan 13th, 2011, 05:50 PM
What time does it start Aussie time?

WTAtennisfan15
Jan 13th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Aggording to TENNIS WAREHOUSE this is Maria's new racket...with black paint job of course.

Head YOUTEK Radical Midplus

http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/new_big/HYTRMP-1.jpg

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Head_YOUTEK_Radical_Midplus/descpageRCHEAD-HYTRMP.html

Marilyn Monheaux
Jan 13th, 2011, 06:16 PM
^^Don't believe it.:p I don't think the racket she uses will be on sale until the fall. :) TW just needed to have her endorse any racket really. :lol:

Sharapovian
Jan 13th, 2011, 06:20 PM
That sort of looks like Murray's racket :lol:

What time does it start Aussie time?

IIRC 10 am :shrug:

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jan 13th, 2011, 06:27 PM
That's 6 AM for me. :yawn:

Break My Rapture
Jan 13th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Starts at midnight for me. Hmm, I have school tomorrow. :o

Vartan
Jan 13th, 2011, 06:33 PM
It starts @ 4 PM for me :)

Sharapovian
Jan 13th, 2011, 06:37 PM
11pm for me.

I probably will still be awake.

Marilyn Monheaux
Jan 13th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Just read on tt-tw that Masha isn't even wearing the shoes she endorses, but some custom shoes with a paint-job (:spit:).:o Nike, you shady bastards. Trying to get people spend a fortune to buy the pro's shoes and they aren't even wearing them. :o

Ps. I might be naive, but I always thought they would at least wear the shoes they endorse.:o

ETA: Her shoes do look different from the ones she's worn the past few years, though. ;)

Vartan
Jan 13th, 2011, 07:09 PM
I don't get why they would customize the shoes.

Marilyn Monheaux
Jan 13th, 2011, 07:18 PM
I don't get why they would customize the shoes.

My guess is that the retail shoes don't meet a Pro's demands. :shrug:

Vartan
Jan 13th, 2011, 07:23 PM
My guess is that the retail shoes don't meet a Pro's demands. :shrug:

Not like she does much running anyway,

http://i46.tinypic.com/4kcg1z.gif

Marilyn Monheaux
Jan 13th, 2011, 07:24 PM

Zing! :worship:

Break My Rapture
Jan 13th, 2011, 07:46 PM
She is definitely wearing new shoes.

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Maria+Sharapova+2011+Australian+Open+Previews+7H5u wkDSqh7l.jpg
http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/new_shoes/NWLS3WO-2.JPG

Compared to last year:

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/2010+Australian+Open+Previews+ji4RuPLoIZPl.jpg
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/BNP+Paribas+Open+rsgWeWTST70l.jpg

:shrug:

Marilyn Monheaux
Jan 13th, 2011, 07:56 PM
She is wearing new shoes, just not the ones she is said to be wearing. ;)

Dieter.
Jan 13th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Live coverage off the draw starts in about 15 minutes. :)

Break My Rapture
Jan 13th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Decided to stay up. :p

Sharapovian
Jan 13th, 2011, 09:47 PM
Trying to look for a link :p

Dieter.
Jan 13th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Trying to look for a link :p

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/video/live.html ;)

Sharapovian
Jan 13th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Found it it's ok ;)

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/video/live.html

Marilyn Monheaux
Jan 13th, 2011, 09:51 PM
I'm gettin nervous! :scared:

Sharapovian
Jan 13th, 2011, 09:57 PM
I'm gettin nervous! :scared:

+1

~MashyOwnThemAll
Jan 13th, 2011, 09:57 PM
does not exist a good draw for her in these days. relax! :)

Jack89
Jan 13th, 2011, 10:05 PM
I've been fine about the draw coming out but now that its actually happening, I'm nervous!

Reptilia
Jan 13th, 2011, 10:21 PM
4th round vs Venus???

Vartan
Jan 13th, 2011, 10:22 PM
Maria in Vera's and Stosurs. :cheer:

Jack89
Not Caro or Justine for Maria....they're in same quarter

Break My Rapture
Maria is in Zvonareva's half along with Stosur. :)

Reptilia
Jan 13th, 2011, 10:23 PM
:cheer:

Sharapovian
Jan 13th, 2011, 10:24 PM
That's pretty good :D

claypova
Jan 13th, 2011, 10:25 PM
:hearts::woohoo:

Jack89
Jan 13th, 2011, 10:26 PM
I'm confused!!

I'm hearing she's in Venus quarter....possible 4th round match.

~MashyOwnThemAll
Jan 13th, 2011, 10:28 PM
too good...

Sharapovian
1st Round: Sharapova vs Tanasugarn

Jack89
Poor Safina....she's got Kim 1st round!

Dieter.
Looks like she is in Venus quarter.

Shafanovic.
Yeah she's top half :weirdo:

Masha vs Venus 4R

Sharapovian
Yeah Masha vs Venus R4

Lachy
Jan 13th, 2011, 10:29 PM
FML VESNINA :sobbing:

madmax
Tanasugarn that is...another bloody veteran:unsure:

Jack89
I'm really confused now!!!

Now I've just heard that she's in the same quarter as Caro and Justine....

claypova
Jan 13th, 2011, 10:30 PM
*facepalm

OMG :bigcry: thats horrible

Shafanovic.
Jan 13th, 2011, 10:30 PM
I'm really confused now!!!

Now I've just heard that she's in the same quarter as Caro and Justine....

Nope.

She's 4R against Venus

Possible QFs are Li, Rezai, Hantuchova and Azarenka

Break My Rapture
Jan 13th, 2011, 10:35 PM
Venus is good as R4 but she needs to get there first. :o

Jack89
Jan 13th, 2011, 10:35 PM
Maria could face Vesnina in 2nd round and Kanepi in third.

Shafanovic.
Jan 13th, 2011, 10:38 PM
Yeah she needs to get through Tammy, probably Lena V and then Kanepi first.

And then Venus, and if she wins that, a very winable quarter IMO.

Break My Rapture
Jan 13th, 2011, 10:39 PM
[4] WILLIAMS, Venus USA v ERRANI, Sara ITA
ZAHLAVOVA, Sandra CZE v VORACOVA, Renata CZE
[Q] QUALIFIER v [Q] QUALIFIER
CRAYBAS, Jill USA v [30] PETKOVIC, Andrea GER

[20] KANEPI, Kaia EST v RYBARIKOVA, Magdalena SVK
GOERGES, Julia GER v GALLOVITS-HALL, Edina ROU
VESNINA, Elena RUS v RAZZANO, Virgini FRA
TANASUGARN, Tamarine THA v [14] SHARAPOVA, Maria RUS

[9] LI, Na CHN v ARVIDSSON, Sofia SWE
RODINA, Evgeniya RUS v [WC] ROGOWSKA, Olivia AUS
ONDRASKOVA, Zuzana CZE v [WC] DOKIC, Jelena AUS
ZAHLAVOVA STRYCOVA, Barbora CZE v [17] REZAI, Aravane FRA

[28] HANTUCHOVA, Daniela SVK v KULIKOVA, Regina RUS
SPREM, Karolina CRO v SCHEEPERS, Chanelle RSA
MAYR-ACHLEITNER, Patricia AUT v HLAVACKOVA, Andrea CZE
[Q] QUALIFIER v [8] AZARENKA, Victoria BLR

Tough draw.

Jack89
Jan 13th, 2011, 10:43 PM
Even though Tanasugarn is past her peak now, she's still a tough 1st round opponent

Dieter.
Not the easiest, not the hardest draw. I'm not gonna look too far ahead. Let's just start by trying to win that first match. I'm already looking forward to it. Go Maria! :cheer:

claypova
posssible Vesnina, Goerges and Kanepi in R2 and R3 :bigcry:

Sp!ffy
Jan 13th, 2011, 10:44 PM
Fuck!!! These arent even tough opponents but with Maria's given form....anythings possible. :bigcry:

Sharapovian
Jan 13th, 2011, 10:45 PM
They're all beatable opponents, depends on her form though.

Marilyn Monheaux
Jan 13th, 2011, 10:47 PM
[4] WILLIAMS, Venus USA v ERRANI, Sara ITA
ZAHLAVOVA, Sandra CZE v VORACOVA, Renata CZE
[Q] QUALIFIER v [Q] QUALIFIER
CRAYBAS, Jill USA v [30] PETKOVIC, Andrea GER

[20] KANEPI, Kaia EST v RYBARIKOVA, Magdalena SVK
GOERGES, Julia GER v GALLOVITS-HALL, Edina ROU
VESNINA, Elena RUS v RAZZANO, Virgini FRA
TANASUGARN, Tamarine THA v [14] SHARAPOVA, Maria RUS

[9] LI, Na CHN v ARVIDSSON, Sofia SWE
RODINA, Evgeniya RUS v [WC] ROGOWSKA, Olivia AUS
ONDRASKOVA, Zuzana CZE v [WC] DOKIC, Jelena AUS
ZAHLAVOVA STRYCOVA, Barbora CZE v [17] REZAI, Aravane FRA

[28] HANTUCHOVA, Daniela SVK v KULIKOVA, Regina RUS
SPREM, Karolina CRO v SCHEEPERS, Chanelle RSA
MAYR-ACHLEITNER, Patricia AUT v HLAVACKOVA, Andrea CZE
[Q] QUALIFIER v [8] AZARENKA, Victoria BLR

Tough draw.

1st round: OK. Tammy isn't in a great form. :shrug:
2nd round: Vesnina - Definitely doable. Haven't seen much of Vesnina lately and I'd like to think of Bejing as a fluke/Poova win. :p
3rd round: Kanepi. Difficult, but Kaia's ball bashing should benefit Masha. :)
4th round: Venus. About time Masha beats her again. :unsure:
QF: Vika/Li - Revenge!:fiery:

If Poova is successfully exorcised on Saturday, I don't know why Masha couldn't go deep, tbh. :worship:

Yes, I am being pretty optimistic, but Optimism is the New Black, haven't you heard?:cool:

Break My Rapture
Jan 13th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Even though Tanasugarn is past her peak now, she's still a tough 1st round opponent
Pretty much. Maria will need to play well to advance. She'd better work hard on her serve returns and BP conversions.

Sp!ffy
If Maria plays like the way she did before the USO, she could definitely make it to the QF.

If Maria plays like the way she did in Auckland, 1R loss.

But really, I dont know which Maria will show up. So...:shrug: Definitely going to stay positive.

Jack89
After last year, all I ask is that she's not first on Rod Laver on Monday....

I'm superstitious like that! :)

s2crux
Jan 13th, 2011, 10:50 PM
Come on maria

Craig.
Jan 13th, 2011, 10:57 PM
Goerges and Vesnina in her section :sobbing:

Eduardo Oliveira
Jan 13th, 2011, 11:34 PM
GO MARIA!!!
GL :yeah:
Tammy please, win easily..
Vesnina :help:

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jan 14th, 2011, 12:20 AM
She can do it. Come on Maria! Not wanting to look to far ahead but there's fucking Andrea Petkovic in her draw. :lol: Andrea Petkovic > Venus Williams right now.

claypova
Jan 14th, 2011, 12:23 AM
i want a Venus vs Masha 4th round. no shame to losing to Venus, but AMAZE if she won :shrug:

JamieOwen3
Jan 14th, 2011, 12:25 AM
her 2008 draw she had davenport dementieva henin serena/jelena (but jelena won obviously) and ivanovic who won her first slam at the next slam in 08 so just believe ;)

Reptilia
Jan 14th, 2011, 12:36 AM
She avoided all the inform floaters, so i'm pretty happy with the draw.
Hopefully all the practicing she has been doing starts coming through in her matches. I'm so sick of Poova

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jan 14th, 2011, 12:43 AM

:spit: :spit: :spit:

I almost choked.

Sharapovian
Jan 14th, 2011, 12:44 AM
:hysteric:

Mistress of Evil
Jan 14th, 2011, 04:07 AM
They're all beatable opponents, depends on her form though.

Pretty much this. Everything depends on Maria.

Andy.
Jan 14th, 2011, 06:19 AM
OK so its not an amazing draw but its not hideous either. I guess it could have been worse. She really should get through her first round match *fingers crossed* after that its going to get a little bit harder round by round. Vesnina will be tough and Kanepi or Goerges well....... if she can get thru that section we have Venus :unsure: Maria has the edge in their H2H on Hardcourt but that match will be super tough. If Maria can get to the 4th round I will be beyond happy. Anything after that would be amazing. (I remember the days when anything below a semi was dissapointing :hysteric:). Good luck Masha take out Tami :cheer2:

Maria Croft
Jan 14th, 2011, 08:36 AM
It's a very good draw for her seeding.

The only reason why we should worry about these first 3 rounds is because with Maria's current form she could lose to all of them, so it's not like I'm going to take any match lightly :tape:

However, I expect her to make the 4th round with this draw, if she gets that far I would already be more than happy if she could make it competitive against Venus.

Mr.Sharapova
Jan 14th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Its not a really tough draw for Maria. It could have been worse. The first match is definitely winnable and if she looses this match for sure everybody is gonna say she is OVA.

All her matches are winnable and considering Venus's form she may not reach the 4th round in the first place.Hopefully the real Maria shows up there and does her thing. :)

JadeFox
Jan 14th, 2011, 10:42 AM
The draw isn't easy but it isn't ridiculously hard either. Either way, I got my holy water ready. Let the exorcism begin!

tvbsharapova
Jan 14th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Training tomorrow
11.15am Roger Federer;12.15pm Novak Djokovic;12.30pm Caroline Wozniacki;1.00pm Justine Henin;2.15pm Andy Murray;3.00pm Rafael Nadal;4.30pm Maria Sharapova

Marilyn Monheaux
Jan 14th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Training tomorrow
11.15am Roger Federer;12.15pm Novak Djokovic;12.30pm Caroline Wozniacki;1.00pm Justine Henin;2.15pm Andy Murray;3.00pm Rafael Nadal;4.30pm Maria Sharapova

Nole is just gonna practice for 15 minutes? :spit:

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jan 14th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Its so fully booked. Maria's the last so she can practice as long as she wants? :p

tvbsharapova
Jan 14th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Its so fully booked. Maria's the last so she can practice as long as she wants? :p

Of course:):)

Nina.
Jan 14th, 2011, 02:14 PM

She is Maria Sharapova. She can do whatever she wants :p

Break My Rapture
Jan 14th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Maria faces a friendly face to her in R1 just like last year. :lol: Masha and Tammy got along pretty well back in '03/'04 I think, they even played doubles together.

Kitten63
Jan 14th, 2011, 08:23 PM
OK so its not an amazing draw but its not hideous either. I guess it could have been worse. She really should get through her first round match *fingers crossed* after that its going to get a little bit harder round by round. Vesnina will be tough and Kanepi or Goerges well....... if she can get thru that section we have Venus :unsure: Maria has the edge in their H2H on Hardcourt but that match will be super tough. If Maria can get to the 4th round I will be beyond happy. Anything after that would be amazing. (I remember the days when anything below a semi was dissapointing :hysteric:). Good luck Masha take out Tami :cheer2:

Agree with everything. Go Masha :bounce:

MaitaBaby
Jan 14th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Maria faces a friendly face to her in R1 just like last year. :lol: Masha and Tammy got along pretty well back in '03/'04 I think, they even played doubles together.

Dear God help her.

Break My Rapture
Jan 14th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Dear God help her.
:sobbing:

Vartan
Jan 15th, 2011, 12:05 AM
Didn't she win her first doubles title with Tammy?

JamieOwen3
Jan 15th, 2011, 12:14 AM
yes she won two doubles titles with her including her first ever,she actually won her first WTA Tour singles and doubles title at the 2003 Japan Open :)

Andy.
Jan 15th, 2011, 05:17 AM
Masha is playing on Monday and is first up on Rod Laver Arena :unsure:

Rod Laver Arena 11:00 AM Start Time

Women's Singles - 1st Round
Tamarine Tanasugarn (THA) v. Maria Sharapova (RUS)[14]

Women's Singles - 1st Round
Caroline Wozniacki (DEN)[1] v. Gisela Dulko (ARG)

Men's Singles - 1st Round
Lukas Lacko (SVK) v. Roger Federer (SUI)[2]

claypova
Jan 15th, 2011, 05:23 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOO

we have the see Woz on TV :sobbing:

Masha was the first player to lost at Rod Laver Arena last year, playing a former doubles partner and with the roof closed. The forecast for the next week is rainy in Melbourne.

I'm just really superstiscious :sobbing:

Andy.
Jan 15th, 2011, 05:25 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOO

we have the see Woz on TV :sobbing:

Masha was the first player to lost at Rod Laver Arena last year, playing a former doubles partner and with the roof closed. The forecast for the next week is rainy in Melbourne.

I'm just really superstiscious :sobbing:
Really??? I read in Venus' forum that the weather was supposed to be really good next week.

claypova
Jan 15th, 2011, 05:26 AM
LMAO i dunno. thats what the weatherman said 2 days ago :shrug:

Lachy
Jan 15th, 2011, 05:28 AM
I quit. I just can't :sobbing:

Andy.
Jan 15th, 2011, 05:29 AM
Your right. Isolated showers apparently.

Lachy
Jan 15th, 2011, 05:45 AM
Ok, time to do some scouting :lol:

gyra54BAyvM

JamieOwen3
Jan 15th, 2011, 05:50 AM
tennis-insomniac has uploaded many tamarine videos from the past to last years matches :)

Lachy
Jan 15th, 2011, 05:54 AM
Yes but this one is on plexicushion...and she actually plays well :sobbing:

Jack89
Jan 15th, 2011, 06:57 AM
I really didn't want her to be on first after what happened last year......hopefully, lightning doesn't strike twice.

The good thing is that her match will be on around midnight UK time so I'll be able to watch it.

Marilyn Monheaux
Jan 15th, 2011, 07:18 AM
Oh c'mon you guys! The allstinky Poova is gonna be exorcised tomorrow and Masha Fierce is gonna reign supreme again! :rocker2:

claypova
Jan 15th, 2011, 07:19 AM
yup, and pigs fly :bigclap:

Andy.
Jan 15th, 2011, 07:29 AM
I would love it if Maria took place in the flood relief charity event tomorrow but I doubt it. If they announce over the speaker that Maria has donated $10,000 to the cause I will start to get worried.

Marilyn Monheaux
Jan 15th, 2011, 07:33 AM
A little OT, but what do you think about her new website? :)

claypova
Jan 15th, 2011, 07:34 AM
i like it, its really modernised and i love the format of it :yeah:

Mr.Sharapova
Jan 15th, 2011, 07:38 AM
So the match will be Sunday night right?

claypova
Jan 15th, 2011, 07:40 AM
monday morning :unsure:

Shafanovic.
Jan 15th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Probably Sunday night for everyone else.

Mr.Sharapova
Jan 15th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Thats what I mean :sobbing:

claypova
Jan 15th, 2011, 07:44 AM
yea i know :lol:

Lachy
Jan 15th, 2011, 07:47 AM
Another rainy sunday night milot :p

Marilyn Monheaux
Jan 15th, 2011, 07:48 AM
1 am in Germany! :cheer:

claypova
Jan 15th, 2011, 07:51 AM
11am in Sydney :worship:

cant wait to see that dress :lol:

Mr.Sharapova
Jan 15th, 2011, 08:07 AM
1 AM it is then :cheer2:

Maria Croft
Jan 15th, 2011, 08:43 AM
It's horrible that we have to be worried about her first... second... third and pretty much every match right now.

I'm going to treat every match like it's a final and she's playing against a top player.
No matter how tough and ugly it gets, I just want her to come out as the winner.

bad_angel_109
Jan 15th, 2011, 10:00 AM
do you have your EOS 7D yet? :Di sure do, got it in late 2009 :D
cant wait to take some awesome pics of maria again - i have a much better (professional yay) lens

~MashyOwnThemAll
Jan 15th, 2011, 11:00 AM
i sure do, got it in late 2009 :D
cant wait to take some awesome pics of maria again - i have a much better (professional yay) lens

do it :yeah:

Canon L series :worship:

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jan 15th, 2011, 11:05 AM
I would like to say I really like her new website, and nothing more. 11 AM = 7 AM Sunday morning for me. It's Sunday. Screw that. :rolleyes:

P.S. The website might also have a new forum. :hearts: Hope it's moderated so people won't litter trash and garbage like the last one (not to mention that one is still online).

Sharapovian
Jan 15th, 2011, 11:19 AM
12 am here!

Should be alright. :unsure:

Mistress of Evil
Jan 15th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Last year, her match was in the exact same court and time. :scared:

CROUCHING TIGER
Jan 15th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Phillipa C. wrote this

I read the text of the Interview on the AO site. Maria talked and talked and talked and said NOTHING. Same old bullshit, like a recording of the last interview. Not surprising really; did you know that the interviewers are censored and not allowed to ask her specific questions...like about her private life, about Sasha, about the engagement, about the wedding, bla bla bla. So what's left? just stupid questions about her and Anna K.??? Those two have nothing in common, Anna leads a much more enjoyable open life than the Maria bird in a gilded cage. Yep, the interviewers were really struggling to get anything of interest out of her.

Ksenia.
Jan 15th, 2011, 01:35 PM
I like the new site :yeah:
The match is 2 am my time, I can't decide whether to stay up or to wake up early :lol:
And I am sure my roommate will enjoy the fact that I will be living by Australian time for a couple of weeks and watching tennis matches all night long. Well, can't help it :shrug:

Marilyn Monheaux
Jan 15th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Phillipa C. wrote this

I read the text of the Interview on the AO site. Maria talked and talked and talked and said NOTHING. Same old bullshit, like a recording of the last interview. Not surprising really; did you know that the interviewers are censored and not allowed to ask her specific questions...like about her private life, about Sasha, about the engagement, about the wedding, bla bla bla. So what's left? just stupid questions about her and Anna K.??? Those two have nothing in common, Anna leads a much more enjoyable open life than the Maria bird in a gilded cage. Yep, the interviewers were really struggling to get anything of interest out of her.

Would you kindly link me to this post? :)

Mr.Sharapova
Jan 15th, 2011, 01:48 PM
He doesn't have it :haha:.

He wrote it himself :spit:. Jk :)

cyannnnn
Jan 15th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Phillipa C. wrote this

it's AO so it's normal to ask questions about tennis... and no her private life. ok her private life is interesting for us but i think the interviewers here their first job is sport reporter and not people magazine reporter...

it is a difference between a pre-interview for a GrandSlam and a interview on red carpet

CROUCHING TIGER
Jan 15th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Not for Masha, all the same LOL

Marilyn Monheaux
Jan 15th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Muzza said in his interview that RLA is slower than MC and that closed roof = slower balls. :unsure: I know we discussed this last year, but I totally wasn't aware of this anymore.:o
Let's all pray for sunny conditions on Monday from 10am! :scared:

Craig.
Jan 15th, 2011, 04:09 PM
On RLA over Venus and Justine :inlove: Once a star, always a star.

Sharapovian
Jan 15th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Muzza said in his interview that RLA is slower than MC and that closed roof = slower balls. :unsure: I know we discussed this last year, but I totally wasn't aware of this anymore.:o
Let's all pray for sunny conditions on Monday from 10am! :scared:

So I'm not the only one who calls him that (not all the time though). :rolls:

Hopefully the conditions will be good when she plays. :scared:

Mr.Sharapova
Jan 15th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Only Sharapova and Henin have won the Aussie Open from the women in the whole draw :eek:

Qetusi
Jan 15th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Training tomorrow

And where's pics from training? :shrug:

perseus2006
Jan 15th, 2011, 07:07 PM
The 2011 Australian Open Dream and Scheme Chart. The R128 starting point was
taken from TBE's spreadsheet in the Challengers Forum. 2010 AO points are out.

There is a little drama at the top of the Rankings:

The #1, #2 and #3 Rankings will be contended by The Woz, Vera and Kim. The Woz
controls her own destiny in the top half of the draw: if she reaches the SF
Round, She stays #1 regardless of Vera and Kim's performance in the bottom half.

Vera and Kim contend for at least the #2 and #3 Rank. They are seeded to meet
in the SF Round. If they meet in the SF Round, the loser is #3. The winner is
#2 or, perhaps, #1 with a tournament win and depending on Woz's performance.

What can Pova do?

1. Lose ground with an early exit.
2. Maintain a mid teen ranking with a R4 exit.
3. Start picking up ground with a QF or better run.
4. Reenter the Top 10 by winning the tournament.

A lot of serious tennis to be played in the next two weeks.

2011 Australian Open Ranking Points By Round
5 100 160 280 500 900 1400 2000
Name R128 R64 R32 R16 QF SF F W
======================== ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ====
1 Caroline Wozniacki DEN 7760 7855 7915 8035 8255 8655 9155 9755
2 Kim Clijsters BEL 6520 6615 6675 6795 7015 7415 7915 8515
3 Vera Zvonareva RUS 6510 6605 6665 6785 7005 7405 7905 8505
4 Samantha Stosur AUS 4707 4802 4862 4982 5202 5602 6102 6702
5 Francesca Schiavone ITA 4560 4655 4715 4835 5055 5455 5955 6555
6 Venus Williams USA 4490 4585 4645 4765 4985 5385 5885 6485
7 Jelena Jankovic SRB 4290 4385 4445 4565 4785 5185 5685 6285
8 Elena Dementieva RUS x3885
9 Vika Azarenka BLR 3660 3755 3815 3935 4155 4555 5055 5655
10 Shahar Peer ISR 3070 3165 3225 3345 3565 3965 4465 5065
11 Na Li CHN 3055 3150 3210 3330 3550 3950 4450 5050
12 Serena Williams USA x3035
13 Agnieszka Radwanska POL 2845 2940 3000 3120 3340 3740 4240 4840
14 Maria Sharapova RUS 2661 2756 2816 2936 3156 3556 4056 4656
15 Marion Bartoli FRA 2500 2595 2655 2775 2995 3395 3895 4495
16 Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova RUS 2490 2585 2645 2765 2985 3385 3885 4485

Sharapovian
Jan 15th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Serena out of the top 10! :eek:

Marilyn Monheaux
Jan 15th, 2011, 07:18 PM
^^
No.12 with only 4 tournaments included in her ranking. :bowdown::bowdown:

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jan 15th, 2011, 07:25 PM
4 hours from now. Yes I'm not in bed. :rolleyes:

Sharapovian
Jan 15th, 2011, 07:29 PM
^^
No.12 with only 4 tournaments included in her ranking. :bowdown::bowdown:

I know that's very impressive :worship:

but for me it will be weird not seeing her in the top 10.

Sharapovian
Jan 15th, 2011, 07:33 PM

Do you mean Maria's match. :unsure:

Isn't it on Monday?

Break My Rapture
Jan 15th, 2011, 07:33 PM
What's 4 hours from now? :confused:

Break My Rapture
Jan 15th, 2011, 07:34 PM
And where's pics from training? :shrug:
I was thinking of that too. :lol:

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jan 15th, 2011, 07:35 PM
It's not weird for me at all. :lol: Counting 2004 aside, I never saw Serena on top (2005/2006) until she came back in 2008/2009 season. Her 2007 was okay, great start to the year but I saw her losing to Justine every single time they played.

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jan 15th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Do you mean Maria's match. :unsure:

Isn't it on Monday?

:o I thought it was tomorrow. Somebody said it was Sunday for them so I automatically assumed it was mine too. :spit: Okay whatever, I think I can watch it if that's the case. It'd be Monday morning for me.

~MashyOwnThemAll
Jan 15th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Teerin!!! :haha:

Sharapovian
Jan 15th, 2011, 07:39 PM
:o I thought it was tomorrow. Somebody said it was Sunday for them so I automatically assumed it was mine too. :spit: Okay whatever, I think I can watch it if that's the case. It'd be Monday morning for me.

Yeah for most of us it's on Monday, Sunday for most Americans I think. I was wondering how it was tomorrow for you if it is on Monday for me :lol: