PDA

View Full Version : Come in here to mourn the end of 2002

Sonja
Oct 22nd, 2002, 07:24 PM
Tia usually starts threads such as these. I'm willing to start it if she'll help me tend bar.

OK Momosapiens we're gonna have to keep ourselves amused until Amelie heals.

*Sonja pours herself a drink and goes to the corner to sulk*

tia clara
Oct 22nd, 2002, 08:21 PM
Let us sit and sigh and tell sad stories not of kings - but of our favorite tennis player...sad because she is injured and cannot play and we don't know when she will be well again...:sad:

A memory of 2002 ...Amélie playing at Wimbledon, a perfect picture against the green of the grass.......

Sonja
Oct 22nd, 2002, 09:23 PM
http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/edoom/sad2.gifGee thanks tia

*Sonja bursts into tears*

Lapin
Oct 22nd, 2002, 09:44 PM
http://smilies.uniquehardware.co.uk/otn/sad/bncry.gif

Hi, can I join you please?

Was this what you had in mind Tia? Yes, memories of Amélie playing at Wimbledon are probably the nicest for me, but then I'm biased of course being a Brit and having been lucky enough to be there. Really of course there are lots of great memories from 2002, it's just a shame it couldn't have ended a little better for Amélie...

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/xp/afp_photo/20020703/sge.emr82.030702170043.photo00.default-384x364.jpg

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/xp/afp_photo/20020628/sge.dcz14.280602174456.photo00.default-279x384.jpg

tia clara
Oct 22nd, 2002, 11:40 PM
Ah, yes, The Flying Amélie! Thank You, Lapin! As beautiful as the Winged Victory...

tia stares into her non-alcoholic beer and mutters,
"Next year in Melbourne!"

Linnie
Oct 23rd, 2002, 02:42 AM
http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/otn/other/jpshakehead.gif

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/whinging.gif *Crying in my alcoholic beer*

Lovely photos from a lovely time. Thanks, Lapin :)

pineapple
Oct 23rd, 2002, 11:28 AM
# Momo's in the air, everywhere i look around. Momo's in the air...# And the grand finale: #MOMO'S IN THE AIR... MOMO'S IN THE AIR#
Get well soon Amélie! :bounce: We are with you!:angel:

mettabear
Oct 23rd, 2002, 11:52 AM
...ah yes..It was a great year...
she was brave, no fear
strong mind and beautiful in flight
so proud I am, and she'll be right

metta and melbourne await;)

stop laughing tia.....I know your always the best:lick:

mom3
Oct 23rd, 2002, 12:51 PM
can I join you ?:sad: :sad:
fingers crossed, she will be ready for the Aussie grand slam (pershaps for Sydney ?)

Linnie
Oct 23rd, 2002, 01:40 PM
A little more to cry about :sad: :

From sports.com (please excuse babblefish once again):

Masters: Mauresmo fixed price!
22/10/2002
By CLOSE FABRICE
De Sports.fr

She had made of it her objective of end of the year. But her wound with the knee right contracted to the drive in decided differently. Forced in one month of complete stop, number 1 Frenchwoman will thus not dispute Masters as from next 4 November. A terrible disillusion for Amélie Mauresmo which pointed this week in the 4th place with the WTA, the best classification of her career.

Hard blow for Mauresmo.
Hard to box. Amélie Mauresmo will have to show a beautiful moral fibre to digest her disappointment. Because the Frenchwoman, 4th world, had made of Masters of Los Angeles, a major appointment, history to buckle her season, the meileure of her career, in apotheosis.
The pupil of Loïc Courteau could indeed approach with confidence this gathering of the best players of the year bus except for sisters Williams, none did not resist to him this season...

Now remain to determine the gravity of the wound. After having evoked the presence of a cyst the week spent with Zürich where it had wisely declared fixed price, Amélie Mauresmo consulted in Paris Dr. Gilles Daubinet, doctor of the team of France of Fed Cup. This last not only disadvised to him putting a term at its season, but it apparently detected a more serious problem, of a cartilagineux nature according to Loïc Courteau. Business to be followed...

*pours another stiff one* :sad:

tia clara
Oct 23rd, 2002, 02:59 PM
Bloody hell! This does not sound good.

Hope desparately that the Doctor could be wrong.

damn, damn, damn, damn...

Lapin
Oct 23rd, 2002, 03:03 PM
I'm just crying in my coffee now....... :sad: This is just too cruel.....

Framboise
Oct 23rd, 2002, 03:45 PM
Need some help to cry???? :sad: :sad: :sad:

*Izzy*
Oct 23rd, 2002, 04:19 PM
*mourning*

Sod's law really. Just as she could really make an impact at the end of yr champs an injury hits :sad:

I have everything crossed that she can make a speedy recovery, surgery or no surgery, it must be awful for her.

Poor Amé :sad:

Linnie
Oct 23rd, 2002, 06:17 PM
More tidbits (I'm really full of 'em today ;))

From lequipe.com:

23/10 - Mauresmo tennis in the doubt
At the time of a telephone press conference data Wednesday, Amélie Mauresmo, which had to declare fixed price for Masters because of a wound to the right knee, indicated that she was currently in a situation of medical uncertainty.

From francetv:

Amélie Mauresmo indicated that she was in a situation of medical uncertainty: "Dr. Gilles Daubinet, that I consulted Tuesday, said to me that it was difficult to envisage deadlines and that that depended on the individuals," she indicated. Mauresmo is wounded with the right knee.

I guess, then, that it's a "wait and see" situation? :confused:

tia clara
Oct 23rd, 2002, 11:42 PM
Amélie is injured,
She's hurt her beautiful knee,
And all the doctors can tell her
Is "You'll have to wait and see"!

We've got the "Wait'n'see blues"!
Come on and sing along with me!
Those awful "Wait'n'see blues"!
Wish we could help you, Amélie!

2002 was goin' great,
Our girl was doin' fine;
Her game had really caught on fire,
Her playing was quite sublime!

And now it's "Wait'n'see!
Those awful "Wait'n'see blues"!
Come on and sing along with me
Those horrid "What'n'see" blues!

I hate the "Wait 'n'see" Blues!

tia sighs and wishes for a real drink and (gasp!) a cigarette....

Linnie
Oct 24th, 2002, 01:43 AM
*sings along with tia*
http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/singer.gif http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/guitarist.gifhttp://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/band.gif

*has one more for the road*
http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/boozer.gif

griffin
Oct 24th, 2002, 01:22 PM
*griffin curls up in a booth with a pitcher and wails the chorus along with tia, "wait'n'see bluUUUUEES"*

Caoimhe
Oct 24th, 2002, 03:43 PM
I wrote this last weekend and I've been confined to my bed all week. Now I hear even worse news!
But I may as well change a few words

There is a beautiful French Goddess,
Amelie is her name,
After the disappointment of Filderstadt,
The Swisscom Challenge was her aim.

Seeded 3 in the tournament,
And due to play on Thursday.
With the Williams' and Capriati out,
Things seemed to be going her way.

In only her second appearance here,
We all wished her the best of luck,
We knew she could go all the way,
But then disaster struck!

News came of her withdrawal.
"Lateral meniscus inflammation to the right knee"
We all hoped all she needed was rest,
But now it looks like surgery.

She wanted to find the fastest solution,
To be fit for the championships in L.A.
And walk away with the title,
Destroying all who stood in her way.

Let's all pray the doctor fixes her,
We'll have to wait and see,
But the main thing is without a doubt.
GET WELL SOON AMELIE!!

Linnie
Oct 24th, 2002, 04:00 PM
Looks like it may not be that serious (from L'Equipe):

Mauresmo in the doubt

At the time of a telephone press conference data Wednesday, Amélie Mauresmo, which had to declare fixed price for Masters because of a wound to the right knee, indicated that it was currently in a situation of medical uncertainty.

" Dr. Gilles Daubinet, that I consulted Tuesday, said to me that it was difficult to envisage deadlines and that that depended on the individuals. It is not as for a distorsion. I will be able to begin again with swimming and the bicycle by privileging the absence of pain ", explained the tricolour number one, which suffers from a condylopathy. This wound, which affects the patellar cartilage of the knee, will require at least a month of rest, which means that the season of the Frenchwoman is finished .

" From a certain degree of inflection, the loose knee and I cannot take support for startings or flights. The treatment consists especially of rest ", added Amélie Mauresmo , which will pass a scanner Monday.

" I smelled myself really well in my play and I had pleasure to be on the ground. I am frustrated not to be able to defend my place of fourth world. The main thing, it is that that does not cut a season in full medium and that that sets out again the next year ", concluded the player.

If "condylopathy" means the same thing as "chondromalacia", then it really just needs rest and quad strengthening. Here's an article:

http://veggie.org/run/chondromalacia/

Fingers crossed! :)

griffin
Oct 24th, 2002, 06:03 PM
<----- happy that it may not be so serious after all

<----- reserving the right to continue whining about her 2002 season ending, and her not playing in LA.

Lapin
Oct 24th, 2002, 08:25 PM
Thank you Tia for making me laugh :wavey: , although of course it's not really a laughing matter.

Nice poem Caoimhe! :) Hope you're feeling better now! (Tia, looks like you may have competition! ;) )

Yes, it looks as though hopefully, it might not be quite as serious as we had first feared...... fingers crossed.....

Think I'll join you all in another drink tho' http://websmileys.bei.t-online.de/party05.gif

YSL
Oct 24th, 2002, 10:09 PM
Well, I'm just not artistic enough to come up with any tidbits and poems. However, that isn't a reason to stop me joining you all for a drink (or 43) is it?!

Well, it's certainly seems that it's not as bad as we all feared.. So here's to her having such a great 2002 - And it's just a prelude to greater things from her! :bounce:

Caoimhe
Oct 25th, 2002, 11:52 AM
Drink up everyone!
Let's all look to the future and the damage she'll do next year!!!!

2002 was a great year!
Roll on 2003!

old woman
Oct 26th, 2002, 09:47 PM
Ok, I am crying into my whisky,i am sad,you lot are depressing,get a grip.Amelie will return,she will win Aussie open, be no1 by end of 2003.Ok cheer up.Answer this question. What is Amelie tattoo of,and since our main topic of conversation is having injury time out,do any of you lot have any tattoos.I would have had,but chickened out,due to best mate,who was pissed and screaming at time off trying to get said tattoo,it would have been(made in scotland)tattooed on my backside. ********************************************** Be happy,send only happy thoughts to Amelie.:fiery:

Caoimhe
Oct 28th, 2002, 10:17 AM
If you want info about the tatoo go to the thread that I started called Mauresmo. Everyone was really helpful.
Well I'm planning one. I usually make my own design but never get round to getin one. Don't know what it'll look like when I'm older!

Sonja
Oct 28th, 2002, 01:16 PM
This is our way of playing and keeping ourselves amused until Amelie plays again. It's something we've done in past years until Amelie gets healthy.

*Sonja pours herself another drink, takes out a jar of cherries and starts flinging them one by one at old woman*

tia clara
Oct 28th, 2002, 01:59 PM
tia dreams of having a whole bottle of Rioja, and idly throws Spanish olives (sin huesos) at Old Woman. The words to an old song echo in her mind -
"Countin' flowers on the wall,
That don't bother me at all.
Playin' Solitaire til dawn
With a pack of fifty-one,
Smokin' cigarettes and watchin' Captain Kangaroo,
Now don't you tell me I've nothin' to do..."

now where did I put that tape from the Canadian Open?

Caoimhe
Oct 28th, 2002, 02:47 PM
Just cracking open a bottle of Bailey's to sit down and watch (and watch and watch) 2001 German Open, 2002 Canadian Cup followed by 1999 Aussie Open.

No matter how many times I watch my Wimbledon videos the result stays the same!:sad:
But at least it will get me by until next year!

Caoimhe
Oct 28th, 2002, 03:31 PM
A few drinks later and concerned that I'm drinking too much.
Oh well!

old woman
Oct 28th, 2002, 09:47 PM
Caoimhe, Thanks for the info.Asked a friend about tattoos, she has 8 of them,said depends on where you put them,something to do with muscle structure,she is 45 and they look great on her,she said be artistic and go for it,good luck. Sonja and Tia clara,Ok,got the drift,you two must go to the same pubs as me,oh dear,throwing cherries and olives at this old woman,well fling something nicer,cherris and olives dont go with whisky and coke.See, you all have a sense of humour. ************************************************* Old woman sits drinking yet more whisky,contemplates life without tennis and Amelie for couple of months,gets. fed up,chucks beer mats at Sonja and Tia clara,at least they are usefull,put drinks on them,play games,write drity jokes on them.Be happy Amelie will return.:bounce: Great site.

tia clara
Oct 28th, 2002, 10:00 PM
Hey, Old Woman, you're okay!
tia fields a mat, and proceeds to write a new verse:

Oh, Amélie, my Amélie,
I dream of you at night.
You're in every one of my day-dreams, too,
Where I hug you with all my might.

What did you expect from a third-class verse writer? Real poetry? tia weeps into her non-alcoholic beer, and throws some cocktail onions at Sonja

Caoimhe
Oct 29th, 2002, 10:18 AM
OK stealing a line from a song but sssh!

"There ain't a single night,
That I haven't held you tight,
But it's always inside my head,
Never inside my bed!"

*Caoimhe pours herself another drink( non-alcoholic unfortunately as she's in school)
But wonders if Old Woman will throw a few beer mats her way later for her cider.*

Sonja
Oct 29th, 2002, 04:39 PM
*Sonja collects the beer mats old woman has thrown and tapes them together making one big giant shield to avoid tia's onions. She then grabs a big bottle of champagne and begins shaking, turns around, and gives old woman a champagne shower screaming "woohoo I got you". She then runs behind the bar and grabs the whipped cream and forms a bird's nest in tia's hair. She calmly grabs another drink, walks back over to the corner hiding behind the beer mat shield and thinks of evil ways to get Caoimhe.*

tia clara
Oct 30th, 2002, 02:33 AM
After plucking a robin, two chickadees, an egret, two french hens, and a partridge out of the whipped cream bird's nest in her hair,
tia licks her fingers, grabs a Schweppes limon, and hides behind the sofa while she broods on ways to get even with Sonja and Old woman.

if there's enough ice cubes in the fridge, maybe an icecube snowball attack?
note: check the peaches...how ripe are they?

evil laugh floats out from behind the sofa

Where the hell is the Griffin?

griffin
Oct 30th, 2002, 01:39 PM
griffin is still in her booth, wondering why the heck tia wasted perfectly good martini fixings? (Griffin is still pissed at being taken to the vet yesterday and is not speaking to anyone) Then decides the apple tarts she made yesterday would make lovely frisbees, loads them with ice cream and starts flinging them around the room, whilst reaching around under the bar for a bottle of something to drink....

Linnie
Oct 30th, 2002, 02:16 PM
Linnie is at the espresso machine fixing herself a latte (with skim milk, of course) to go with one of griff's apple tarts, which landed squarely on her face. She looks around for the bottle of amaretto to pour in her coffee, and, lo and behold......griff's just had the last drop! She runs over to Sonja and grabs the bottle of peach schnapps out of her hand......

tia clara
Oct 30th, 2002, 02:38 PM
tia wanted Griffin to act as the large shaggy dog wandering amongst us for us to wipe our sticky hands on, in lieu of any kind of napkin, linen, damask, paper, but not the Brit "napkin", as whipped cream and apple tarts are so messy!
Pumpkins! aha! tia dashes out to the local farm stand to corner the market on pumpkins, with which she can bowl out griffin, linnie, Sonja, and Old Woman! It will count as a strike.

griffin
Oct 30th, 2002, 05:43 PM
The Princess Dog does not do "napkin" duty. She will, however, gladly clean food bits off of your fingers, and has been known to attempt climbing on people to help them remove crumbs from their sweaters - just ask anyone who's ever had breakfast or coffee on our couch - so I'm sure she'd be happy to assist you, tia ;)

*decides there wasn't enough "mode" on the apple tart hurled at Linnie, begins launching gobs of french vanilla at her and her coffee*

pineapple
Oct 31st, 2002, 05:49 AM
*Lands here in the middle of a foodfight. Hasn't met Old woman yet but throws a few "crust free" "cut in 4" ham and mustard sandwiches at her just to greet her. Watches the dripping effect of the "french vanilla" that reached the target.*
*Misses Amélie so pops open another beer and goes in a dark corner to cry in it*

tia clara
Oct 31st, 2002, 03:12 PM
the truck has arrived with the pumpkins and tia stealthily begins rolling them across the floor at griffin, linnie, pineapple, Sonja and Old Woman.

Oh, damn! It's a split! Pineapple and Linnie are still standing!

tia searches for a really ripe pumpkin......

griffin
Oct 31st, 2002, 04:28 PM
Pumpkins?!?!? cool!

*grabs pumpkins, scrambles to feet and runs off to start carving...notes there are no trash cans available, so is forced to hurl pumpkin guts at Sonja and YSL...*

Sonja
Nov 1st, 2002, 02:57 PM
The pumpkin guts just slide off the handy dandy beermat shield. :p Sonja visits parents, comes back with fresh eggs and begins chucking away at tia, griff, linnie (that's for taking my schnapps), and old woman. Oh look pineapple slices especially for pineapple :D Sonja aims and fires at the running pineapple target!

Linnie
Nov 1st, 2002, 03:13 PM
http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/sport/sport021.gif
*Linnie dodges and weaves from the barrage of eggs and pumpkins thrown at her by Sonja and tia*
*nyah nyah nyah - catch me if you can!* http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/aetsch/aetsch032.gif http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/sport/sport006.gif

griffin
Nov 1st, 2002, 03:39 PM
*linnie slips on pumpkin guts whilst dodging eggs, and slides arse-first into Sonja and two land in a heap in the corner, the other Amezons jump on the opportunity and being pelting them with anything and everything on hand...*

Sonja
Nov 1st, 2002, 03:55 PM
Sonja pops her super duper umbrella and sits and laughs at all the mess. Then remembers the other substance she got from the chickens at the farm and hands linnie a pair of plastic gloves after donning them herself. *BOMBS AWAY EVERYONE* Let's go linnie. http://smilies.networkessence.net/contrib/Zapper/allied-li-run.gif

griffin
Nov 1st, 2002, 03:57 PM
All of a sudden, it's raining buffalo wings (;)) - but hey, it's bad to drink on an empty stomach anyway....

:p

George Bush comes into the room and starts talking - the resulting hot air creates a powerful wind current that pops Sonja's umbrella inside-out, exposing her to the rain of blue-cheese dressing....(his purpose served, griff tricks Shrub out of the room by laying down a trail of powdered sugar on the floor, and locks the door behing him)

Sonja
Nov 1st, 2002, 04:05 PM
Sonja pulls the hose out and turns it on griff. Griff goes sliding towards the door, it magically opens, and she lands in George's lap.

Sonja and linnie jump up and down laughing!

padfoot
Nov 1st, 2002, 04:19 PM
Paddy arrives and cant believe what she sees!!!!http://smilies.networkessence.net/contrib/corky/corkysm28.gif

*thank god i haev some tomatoes for my mums salad wiht me.... i guess mum wont be having a salad tonight!!!*http://216.40.249.192/mysmilies/cwm/cwm/Up_to_something.gif

Stands next to Sonja and starts fiering them away!!!http://smilies.networkessence.net/contrib/blackeye/2gunsfiring_v1.gif

griffin
Nov 1st, 2002, 04:20 PM
You again? *griffin lures Shrub out of the room once again - this time by rolling beer bottle wrapped with a picture of a corporate rear end along the floor in front of him (which he chases on hands and knees, lips puckered) - and stuffs some steel wool in the rat hole he used to crawl in in the first place. Decides the bar is a mess, and breaks out the fire hose to clean the place up, drenching all the amezons in the process*

Linnie
Nov 1st, 2002, 06:21 PM
*Grabs Sonja and tosses her in the tank* http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/waffen/waffen090.gif
*Rolls over paddy's tomatoes, squirting tomato sauce all over her, griff and tia*
*stops for just a moment and dips buffalo wings in tomato sauce* ;)
Meanwhile, dumps "fertilizer" from Dubya's ranch and buries him in it :p

mettabear
Nov 2nd, 2002, 07:12 AM
..OMG..what have I stumbled upon...
can a bear from down under play??

who needs a good soldier on their team..I have lots of ammunition(fruit/veggies)..just point me in the right direction...
CAPT griff..LOOOOOOL

ma'am
;)

old woman
Nov 2nd, 2002, 01:40 PM
Old woman tries to dodge the various bits of ham,veggies,cream,water etc,especially the bush thing!Old woman lands on backside,grabs a tin of squirtting cream,plasters mettabear, last one at party.Seeks out revenge on all other parties.Buys bottle of bubble bath,two uses,first one obvious, will come to that later,runs from one end of room to other,laying down bubble bath on floor,piles up all loose food and bush thing at one end?. Proceeds to push Sonja,Tia clara, metta, and all other combatants in room, along the slide towards a grisly fate,if you survive,find swimming pool,use bubblebath?.************************************** Offer up the bad girls prayer!.:fiery:

tia clara
Nov 2nd, 2002, 02:48 PM
tia grabs a pumpkin as she slides into the pool, which floats better than the Titanic, and furiously blows a few bubbles from the stuff she has swallowed ("I'm forever blowing bubbles"...and she loves it). Thinking hard, and blowing a big beautiful iridescent (sp?) bubble which floats away and burst over Mettea's head, and pulling a soggy ham and mustard sandwich out of her hair, tia plots a horribe revenge on Old Woman.....:fiery:

old woman
Nov 2nd, 2002, 03:23 PM
Old woman jumps into pool,tries to rescue tia clara,from her titanic pumpkin at bottom of pool,heres about her sadistic revenge plot, leaves her for Mettabear,shes a better swimmer.Tia clara dragged to surface of pool,by Metta,damn,still singing,forever blowing bubbles.Old woman distracts everyone by throwing a big bouncey castle into the pool,also stuffs bush thing down drainage-pipe,wonders if this is good idea, shit always floats to the surface! Old woman sits in castle plotting truley demonic revenge,on Tia clara,asks mettabear for helpful thoughts.***************************************** Bad girls prayer,same as a boys,Please lord,send me a girl with big tits.:bounce:

mettabear
Nov 3rd, 2002, 12:24 AM
...alright this is war..so the new girl wants to play..mmmmm old woman , be afraid, be very afraid;)
Tia, sweetie, are you ok..I wouldn't let you drown..there's something orange hanging off your ear..you might want to fix that loool...and yes I do float well, cause I have big boobs(yes they are real:p )..but
metta is wet and sticky and I think it's squashed tomatoes in my undies..but I'm scared to look:fiery: ...I have a plan and I have something oldie doesn't have...a big bucket of MUSSY PEAS..and I know on who's head it wants to sit...:wavey: hello darling that castle doesn't look that stable?????

metta makes an fantastic dive (8, 8, 9, 6, 9 from the judges) and pours the mushy peas on oldie...ohhhh dear..now I'm in trouble..she looks like the green eyed monster and this castle is sinking..

HELP..anybody..gulp..save me :eek: :eek:

tia clara
Nov 3rd, 2002, 03:15 PM
tia goes swirling down the drain, fighting off baby alligators on the way, and comes out into....Oh, My God, it's the sewers of Paris and there goes Jean Valjean hurrying away with a sinister figure close behind him.
tia finds a ladder and climbs up, and pushes off the cover, only to find that she is back in the bar. Quickly mixing herself a Virgin Mary, with no gin, and lemon instead of lime, tia calls the local market and asks to have a case of virgin olive oil and a large bag of fresh garlic cloves delivered to her in the bar.

"I'm going to make an Amézon pizza here!" and an evil smile crosses her face.......http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/otn/monsters/frankie.gif

old woman
Nov 3rd, 2002, 06:21 PM
Well if Amelie can be an angel,i can be an avenging one. This is a tale of treachery. Old woman,covered in said mushy peas,scrambles out of the pool:fiery: Heads towards the bar,is met by a pizza smell,it is an interesting aroma along with mushy peas and sewer smells,Tia clara,girl, you need a bath,offers to help,see me real nice person,:angel: Old woman grabs,fire hose,Tia clara,is all clean,offers her some mushy peas for her pizza,she is pissed at me:mad:So old woman goes prowling after Mettabear,Metta Metta, sweetness come out to play:angel:,this old cat with the green eyes,has a surprise for you? I look and i look,no joy,i curl up in the corner,hiss at Tia clara and wait for Mettabear:drool:

mettabear
Nov 4th, 2002, 07:37 AM
:) ..phew..I knew those lessons with Ian Thorpe would come in handy one day..escaped...wonderful backstroke metta..just wonderful..

but what is that smell?.....garlic..mmummm..AMEZON PIZZA..yes yes yes..so hungry..must have ..must have....

but wait:mad: ..this could be a trap!!!
*metta contemplates this conundrum*.....how to avoid capture and still feed;)
will..... green eyes get me?...
(maybe I want to be caught looooool)

risk it..... teddy, risk it....Linnie or griff might be there to protect me.

metta runs and reaches for the handle of the bar door..*ok safe now*..but what's that stirring in the shadows?????????:rolleyes:

tia clara
Nov 4th, 2002, 03:58 PM
tia has constructed a huge pizza oven, using the mashed peas in lieu of concrete (they work very wel) and has fired it up, using beer mats as fuel. She is tossing the dough, made from the rest of the peas and some sawdust she found in the corner of the bar, plus some ground-up peanut shells off the floor. A vat of Virgin olive oil, and a crate of garlic cloves is simmering, and creating a gas with which tia plans to knock out all the Amézons as they enter the bar, and then lay them out on the pizza shell like flower petals with their heads to the center and then....BAKE THEM........

"I'll get you, my pretties!!!!!"

Reallyevillaugh....HAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

griffin
Nov 4th, 2002, 05:01 PM
oh tiiiiaaaaa *griffin rattles martini shaker* tia what have we got for you? *lured by the sound of gin and the thought of vermouth being shaken with ice, and mesmerized by the light glinting off the shaker, tia is lead away from her cauldron and trouble-making...griffin sics the dogs on the edible oven, and within minutes they've destabilized its foundation, causing it to collapse into the various puddles still on the floor and extinguishing the flames (who's idea was it to have an open flame around THIS much alcohol anyway?)*

tia now sits safely at the bar, gazing raptly at the shaker, and griffin decides to order a few real pizza's as all this trouble-making is making her hungry...

Caoimhe
Nov 5th, 2002, 11:54 AM
Wearing a gas mask Caoimhe enters carrying pizza for Griffin, a few Chinese dishes, fish and chips and other niggly tidbits so everyone can pick at.
Everyone suddenly stops what they are doni as the whiff of goog food wafts past their noses. Heads turn and look to the door.
Picking themselves off the floor, outa the pool and the various other corners of the room, the Amezons head towards Caoimhe. (should she be scared!?)
Caoimhe puts the food on a table, grabs a chicken curry, and runs for shelter behind the bar until she thinks its safe to come out (nothing to do with all the alcohol there).
Suddenly she finds herself in a waitress outfit?!?! serving drinks but soon gives that up when she discovers she keeps serving by the "1 for you, 2 for me" rule.

old woman
Nov 5th, 2002, 03:46 PM
,Old woman,smells danger:eek: There is a strange waitress around:confused:,spys metta,lurking around the door,springs trap,sits on her,ohhhh,there is a waitress,throwing chicken curry and large disc like objects,is it a ufo????? Old woman,escapes out door,dragging metta with her,looking back sees Amezons looking pale green,sees Tia clara,smurking,horror shes gone mad.She is painting 666, on the door,she is the devils daughter!!!!!!!!!!!.Metta sweetness,shouts warnings:hearts: Will they heed her???????. Old woman sees :angel:,in mettabear, :hearts:, goes mushy, something to do with peas. asks mettabear,if she wishes to go to the woods,mmmmmmm,for a teddybears picnic of course?? :lick: :lick: They wonder off.********************************************** Quote, always prolong pleasure,cos it cometh not too often.:bounce:

mettabear
Nov 7th, 2002, 06:53 AM
...ok, how did I get here?????
trees, birds, grass....I hear singing *metta loves to dance*..I feel the need to shake it..WAIT:eek:

must save the amezons from Tia..she's possesed..must find strenghth to call for Sonja, Sonja,..Linnie.,help..griff..don't go inside please....

:confused: :confused: OMG it's tooo late..they have become the "Stepford Amezons" controlled by a greater force....well ...I must.....
it's you and what are those teddy bears chanting around your feet:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ..prince of darkness what?

yes, I am thirsty...no, I don't think I need that.....wooow....that feels good, but your distracting me from saving my friends.....phew..that feels even better;) ...sorry girls your going to have to find a way out yourself:hearts: ...ooohhhhh..old woman......I read about that in a book once, but I didn't think it possible:drool: :drool: ..looooooooool************************don't stop****************************

griffin
Nov 7th, 2002, 02:59 PM
griffin looks down at the babbling bear, turns to Sonja and asks "what kind of mushrooms did you have them put on that pizza anyway?"...steps over metta and walks towards the rest of the Amezons, who are busy devouring pizza, juggling pastry ominously, asks "did you want pie or cake for desert" and begins to laugh maniacally...

mettabear
Nov 8th, 2002, 09:28 AM
***************oh so it was magic mushrooms on the pizza********

ohhhhh please tell me her affection was real, please.....:confused:

melli
Nov 8th, 2002, 09:56 AM
:bounce: 2002 was a great year for AMELIE and for us:bounce:

:bounce: THANKS FOR THE GREAT YEAR AMELIE:bounce:

Caoimhe
Nov 8th, 2002, 11:54 AM
Who could resist a cuddly mettabear?!?!:kiss:

old woman
Nov 8th, 2002, 09:56 PM
,,Sweetness,no mushrooms required,you know resistence is futile:hearts: I thought you wrote the book,cuddly one,ohhhhhh,(kisses),i saw this in a movie,:bounce:,i think it was french??Horney as hell,your old woman.xx.Are these woods awfully busy,there are ructions in the bushes,i smell Amezons,there are lots of giggles(innocent wonderment)come on Metta,lets read your book! ******************************************* Time is a great healer,only couple of months till Amelie's back. :)

Caoimhe
Nov 9th, 2002, 12:54 PM
LOL!
The woods are full today!
There are a lot of strange goings on! But none so strange as an old woman chasing a bear with mushrooms on her head.

old woman
Nov 9th, 2002, 11:05 PM
Ah,did i hear someone say more bears in the woods?,this old woman very fond of teddys, :hearts:,dislikes mushrooms intensely,gives up on teddybear,looks around,sees Caoimhe,also spots Griffin:eek:,carrying a large pie,a martini shaker,followed closely,by Tia clara :eek:,apprehends Caoimhe,we hide behind some trees,Tia clara has wicked smile on face :eek:.We feel the evil we wait and watch! ******************************************

mettabear
Nov 10th, 2002, 12:32 AM
*****having found the river flowing in the woods, metta is able to finally clean away ALL remnants of food(including mushrooms...long memory) and associated crap from her recent experience:(

ahhh..so the Irish think their lucky do they Caoimhe:fiery: ..we'll see ***metta's eyes glow red..the evil has invaded****, but will the others see the change before it's too late:confused: ..........ohh sweetie Old Woman..nobody gives up on the teddy bear that easy, I'm really an :angel: and I smell good now;) lets finish the book:drool:
********evil laugh, the plot is set********Mistress Tia, my work for you has only begun HAHAHAHAHA.....:mad: :mad:

pineapple
Nov 10th, 2002, 05:49 PM
*Pineapple walks out of the ladies washroom and goes in the bar to check if there is any pizza left*
MMMMmmmm let's see... hawaian pizza, NOOOOOO!
*grabs a slice of all dressed pizza and starts undressing it *
Should i take out the mushrooms?... Naaah!... Ouch! Oh! I can't sit down, my butt is still sore from sliding and wipping out on pineapple slices.

I call a little "time-out" for a toast to Amélie's recovery!

*Hides behind Old woman in case someone gets the idea of throwing peanut butter and jelly toasts*

old woman
Nov 14th, 2002, 09:21 PM
,....Well........standing innocently,behind a tree,then beamed into the bar:eek:,am holding metta's large erotic book ;).....Pineapple's hiding behind me,tells me to hold up book as sheild,:angel:,someone has got the hump,and is slinging peanut butter and veggies,old woman asks Pineapple who's pissed,at her?,at that moment in walks Metta......well,she's now covered in peanut butter,Pineapple dashes forward and drags Metta behind our sheild(much braveness),....,I offer to be helpful,i promise Metta sweetness,i will lick peanut butter off later,:hearts:,it's raining veggies and peanut butter!,who is the Amezon,gone mad?********************************************. Is it Caoimhe,or Sonja,Griffen?

pineapple
Nov 15th, 2002, 06:11 AM
...Well... yes Old woman, teleportation is a brand new feature in this bar. We can beam up any amezon within 10 kilometres (so far). I beamed you up coz i wanted you to take part of this toast (well for now: these toasts) as well (if anybody shows up and cares about Amélie's recovery) and to tell you that, if you feel like it, you can join us on Gerd's site (www.tennis.com/mauresmo/). Yes, we are a crazy bunch, but nobody is going to throw food at you there (but who knows what else they can do?).

No Old woman, i have no reason to think that someone would be pissed at me (except maybe you), but i suspect that there was some weird ingredients in the food we ordered. I called for a sincere toast but this is what happened. Who has gone mad? I have no idea but i heard Griffin laughing maniacaly earlier on and Tia hasn't been quite herself lately!

Oh Teddy! You smell like breakfast now! Are you o.k.? Thanks for the shield Old woman. That wasn't really braveness of me, i just love teddys too! Oh my! What's that book? *Pineapple's attention goes towards the book while Old woman takes care of "breakfast Teddy"*

Sonja
Nov 15th, 2002, 01:43 PM
"but nobody is going to throw food at you there "

Ya wanta bet!! It's been known to happen there once or twice. ;)

Pineapple, on a side note, as skilled as you are with designs, you ought to come up with an Amezon/Momosapien symbol. Perhaps you could even come up with a couple and we could vote on it. We've all talked about the idea of having t-shirts before and at the very least if we had a "design" we could all get our own shirts made with that design on it. What do you think? Are you up to the challenge? I think it'd be kinda fun.

*Sonja back away from Pineapple carefully watching both her hands, when it looks as though all is well Sonja pulls out her super duper soaker, which is loaded with chocoloate pudding and sprays Pineapple from head to toe* "Nothing like a good food fight!"

tia clara
Nov 15th, 2002, 03:11 PM
tia climbs out of thee the hole in the oak tree where she has been sulking since the U.S. elections and decides to join the world again.
The scent of chocolate pudding was too much, aqnd now she can mix it with peanut butter! :drool:

An angry squirrel chases after tia, demanding that she give him back his acorns, but tia fires them rapidly at any and all Amézons she can see. The demented squirrel takes off after Sonja, who is trying to pick acorns out of the barrel of her super-dooper soaker.

do I have to ask permission to scrape chocolate pudding off Pineapple with a runcible spoon? :drool: :drool: :drool:

Sonja
Nov 15th, 2002, 07:10 PM
As soon as the squirrel runs over to Sonja he remembers his childhood. Sonja raising him and his brother and sister and bottlefeeding them every four hours for weeks and weeks! (I really did this). He smiles and agrees to help her throw acorns and bananas at Tia, but only if he can take a bite out of the bananas every now and then. Sonja says yes and sets him up behind her shield. Ready Dylan (that was one of my squirrel's names), aim, FIRE! They begin to pelt poor Tia with acorns and bananas as she makes a mad dash towards pineapple with her spoon.

pineapple
Nov 16th, 2002, 08:44 PM
*Pineapple brushes against Metta to give a "rease's peanut butter cup" option for the spoon squad*

(Sonja, i'm not really a designer. I make the mosaics but it's my boss or the custumer's designer that design them. I only design the little board mosaics that i do but i will try to come up with something and submit a few ideas.)