PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Tipping General Rules 2014 ( No more 3 months + 100 posts rule)

Michael!
Dec 25th, 2010, 06:55 PM
What is Tennis Tipping?

In the game, participants pick the winners of all main draw matches and are placed in a knock-out system. That means each participant plays a different participant and whoever predicted the winner of most matches correctly, moves on to the next round. The same applies for doubles, but you're in a team format and your scores are combined.

Note: In case of a tie, new SR/TB rules will decide who moves on to the next round.
New SR/TB/CB rules for 2014: http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=425109

Retirements

In case a player (i.e. the actual WTA Player) retires in a match, the match WILL count in TT, as long as the first point has been played, but they do NOT COUNT for SRs, ISR (giving a set to a winner) or for TBs.

- If players are replaced by a lucky loser after the start of Tennis Tipping, these matches will be cancelled.

Some other rules:

Draw Sizes: Tournaments should have a draw which has the same size as the real one. Qualifying draws should have room for 32 players except in weeks where there are 3 WTA tournaments. In those weeks the qualifying draws should have room for 16 players. Any exception to this rule should be decided by the board members.

2-days QF: For tournaments with a 32 Player-MD-Field and 7 MD-days we use to have 2 days of QF. So if there is a Sunday final, Qualies starts Saturday and MD starts Monday.
If day one has less than four matches in total or no main draw matches. In that case, round 1 becomes a 2-day round.

Standard First Page: http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=425108

Tournament Managers: Now that we have many players, managers should start their "managing career" with managing challengers (possible to manage also International tournaments if the board agrees). Only high-profiled managers will run slams and bigger tournaments.

Rankings System: Best of 16. This means that your best 16 results throughout the year will be counted for your ranking. When two or more players have the same number of ranking points, the tie for the ranking position will be decided according to the following priorities:

a) The player with the most total points from all tournaments
b) The player with the fewest number of tournaments
c) The highest number of points from one single tournament, then if needed, the second highest and so on
d) name (for singles; doubles players stay tied)

Tournament Points:
Grand Slams:
Winner: 2000
Final: 1300
Semifinal: 780
Quarterfinal: 430
R16: 240
R32: 130
R64: 70
R128: 10
Q: 40
QFR: 30
Q2: 20
Q1: 2

Premier Mandatory (R128):
Winner: 1000
Final: 650
Semifinal: 390
Quarterfinal: 215
R16: 120
R32: 65
R64: 35
Qualifier: 30
QFR: 20

Premier Mandatory (R64):
R64: 10

Premier 5 (R64):
Winner: 900
Final: 585
Semifinal: 350
Quarterfinal: 190
R16: 105
R32: 60
R64: 1
Q1: 1

Premier 7 (R64):
Winner: 470
Final: 305
Semifinal: 185
Quarterfinal: 100
R16: 55
R32: 30
Qualifier: 25
QFR: 18

Premier 7 (R32):
R32: 1

International (R32):
Winner: 280
Final: 180
Semifinal: 110
Quarterfinal: 60
R16: 30
Qualifier: 18
QFR: 14

WTA125 (R32):
Winner: 160
Final: 95
Semifinal: 57
Quarterfinal: 29
R16: 15
Qualifier: 6
QFR: 4

Challengers (R64):
Winner: 150
Final: 90
Semifinal: 55
Quarterfinal: 28
R16: 14
R32: 7

Challengers (R32):
Q1: 1Wild Cards: Not used in the 2014 season.

Special Exempts: Anyone who wins a challenger tournament gets direct entry into an international tournament a fortnight following their win. If you win a challenger in week 1 of the new season, you gain direct entry into the MD of the international tournament of your choice in week 3, and so on. If there are no international tournaments that week, then your "special exempt" status rolls over to the week after, and so on. Challengers which take place in the last 2 weeks of the season and afterwards do NOT count regarding this new rule. To make use of this rule, a challenger winner should enter the international tournament of his choosing and tell the tournament manager that he has SE status. This rule applies for both singles and doubles. In doubles you have to enter MD of international tournament as special exempt with the partner you won the challenger with.
LE top-30-ranked players will NOT gain an SE for winning a challenger tournament. If they win an event, the SE will "roll over" to the next week. The runners-up will NOT gain the top 30 player's SE.

Determining Lucky Losers: In the end of the final qualifying round, managers should post a list of the losers who had the highest scores in that round (If the score is the same you should use the TB/SR system to order the players). Those are the first players to be called in case someone doesn’t send his/her picks.
Players who had a BYE in 1st round and didnīt send for FQR will be at the end of the LL List only (behind those who sent and lost in 1st q-round)! The order of those in the LL list will be decided by ranking then.

Deadline for Picks: The deadline for accepting picks is the time at which the matches are scheduled to start. NO PICKS will be accepted if they are sent after that point. Managers are allowed to make the deadline earlier if they are not able to post the differences at the time when the play starts. However, all picks which are sent between "manager's deadline" and real start of play have to be counted. When the differences are posted, you can't change your picks anymore.

Example: Manager sets the deadline to 10am because (s)he needs to post differences earlier but the play (the first match) starts at 11am. All picks received between 10am-11am have to be counted.

Challengers: Top 30 singles players and top 30 doubles players are now considered to be "late entrants" for all challenger/futures tt tournaments. the order of LE priority which they gain will be dependent on their reverse rankings (ie world #30 has first LE priority, world #1 has last)

We will have a challenger YEC in 2014 as long as we can keep the challenger race up to date. It will be run in the same week as Sofia and will feature the Top 8 challenger players and Top 16 challenger doubles players of the year. Doubles players will qualify as individuals and not as teams. People who play in the YEC or Sofia are INELIGIBLE for this event. They can play singles of one and doubles of the other, but not singles in both, etc. The format will be two groups (4 players in each group) for singles and two groups (4 teams in each group) for doubles.

Ranking points for this event will be awarded like so:
Round Robin Match Loss – 5 points
Round Robin Match Win – 38 points
Semifinal Win – 56 points
Final Win – 80 points
Undefeated Champion – 250 pointsProtected rankings: Will be brought in. If people want a protected ranking, they should post it in the new protected rankings thread either before, or within 6 months of their lay-off and as long as they don't play TT for a period of 6 months, they are eligible for a protected ranking.

Number of commitments: Min. number of commitments for a tournament to be run is 16 players/8 teams.

Fed Cup: It will remain the same as in before.

SR/TB: You CAN’T send a SR in your TB different from the SR you decided to send first. If you send a SR different from your TB (Example: 2-0 6-3 4-6 7-6) that pick will be counted but the SR/TB won’t.

SR RULE: every match will now be a SR match. We used to have max 15 SR matches but from now we will have all matches SR

CB/”Looking Forward”: In Case everything is tied after the use of the TB’s use tournament Countback (CB) as a manner of untying things. If, after the use of CB everything is still tied the players will send for R2 of their current tournament AND for the next day's OOP of whichever other tournament is selected.

- Where two players play each other and both fail to send picks, then countback is used to split them and determine a winner (except for first round of Q or MD, of course).

- If you have a bye at any stage of the tournament, you should still send picks because if you do not, this will go against you in case of countback later on in the tournament.

Number of Events Per Week: One can only play one event per week which includes (giving) walkovers or being replaced by an ALT.

It is not allowed to play another tournament during the same week, after being accepted into the draw of any of the tournaments. That includes withdrawing after the draw is made and not sending picks.
Alternates are allowed to send picks and (in case they don't get in) play another tournament that week.

Sending picks for someone else: Not allowed.

COMMITMENTS (NEW RULE):

Entries will be based on ranking (rankings from two weeks before the start of the tournament)
Tournament thread posted not later than Sunday (two weeks before start of the tournament) - Players have at least 8 days (from Sunday till Sunday) to commit to the tournament and this will be done by ranking.
First entry deadline for singles AND doubles is always Sunday 6 pm current time in Europe (CET or CEST).
The day before TT qualifying begins is the 2nd deadline for changes (the exact time is up to the tournament manager) and the draws are made after that.

Example for Paris/indoors (Quali starts 25th and MD starts 27th February):

Manager opens thread for Paris on Sunday, 12th February
First deadline for singles and doubles: Sunday, 19th February (6pm CET)
Draws are made: Friday, 24th February
EL and Seeds will be based on rankings from 13th February

Late Entries: Everyone who commits after the first entry deadline will be considered as Late Entry.
LEs, who commit after the 1st deadline but before draws are made will go to the bottom of the Entry List, behind the Top 30 entries which are automatically counted as LEs as well.

Late entries should be sorted according to the commitment order.

Everyone who commits after draws are made will be ALT.

Example for 32 MD:

- for example 26,30 or 34 entries on Sunday after 1st deadline is over.
- Manager should fill up to 44 players (28 direct MD entries + 16 QD) with late entrants (if LEs available obviously)
- 45th entry and/or all those who commit after the draws are made will be ALTs.
LE can be seeded.

Managers can extend deadline only if there are still spots available in the Main Draw after the second deadline, the first deadline is always Sunday 6 PM CET/CEST!

If I have less than 32 players at the latest possible commitment deadline then highest ranked players on the Entry List will receive a BYE (example: 20 entrants in a 32 draw size 1st round => The 8 seeds + players ranked 9-12 get BYE)

Double commitment (player commits to two different tournaments in the same week):

Before the 1st deadline on Sunday, 6pm CET players can commit to one tournament, withdraw from there and commit to another tournament without being a LE.
Only the first commitment is valid if a player is still on two different Entry Lists once second deadline is over for one of these tournaments.

If the double commitment is not noticed by the managers, points gained by the player in any of the two tournaments will not be considered.

Challengers in 2nd week of Grand Slams:

Everyone can commit to a challenger in the 2nd week of a slam but those who are still in the GS draw (singles or doubles) once the final deadline is over will be taken off of the Entry List of that challenger.

Missing Someone's Commitment: In the case that you miss someone's commitment while managing a tournament he/she will be topping the Alt or LL lists.

Commit in someone else: You can't commit in someone else. You can always commit in only yourself in singles and your doubles team. Difference is in doubles where you commit in your team and your partner doesn't have to confirm it.

Use of Alternates/Lucky Losers: If someone's opponent doesn't send his/her picks, the opponent gets a BYE. If there's ALT/LL available, then this ALT/LL replaces the opponent who didn't send his/her picks.
LL1/ALT1 replaces opponent of the lowest ranked player in the draw, LL4/ALT4 ( if there are 4 people on the list, for example) replaces opponent of the highest ranked player in the draw.
Matches where neither send should be replaced first.
LL#1 vs LL#2 or LL#1 vs LL#4 and LL#2 vs LL#3 if there are two such matches etc.
And then rest of the LL are placed against the players who did send (but opponents did not)
If more spots than ALTs/LLs available, then place ALTs/LLs in a ranking order. That means that highest ranked players, whose opponent didn't send, get a BYE.

- Where there is a 1st round match in which BOTH players do not send picks, the following will happen:
1) 2 LLs or ALTs will replace the players
2) where only 1 LL/ALT is available, that LL replaces one of the players, the No.1 seed's opponent replaces the other player, and the No.1 seed receives a bye.
3) where no LL/ALT is available, the opponents of both the No.1 and No.2 seeds move to that part of the draw and both No.1 and No.2 seeds receive byes.
If the No.1 or No.2 seeds didnīt send picks then the opponents of No.3, No.4 or No.5 seeds etc. will move to that part of the draw and No.3/No.4/No.5 seeds will receive a BYE.
4) if more matches are in the same circumstances, the opponents of the lower seeded or highest ranked unseeded players will fill in the draw in the appropriate order.

In doubles teams already get replaced if one player of a team did not send picks.

Example: Team A vs. Team B and only one player of each team sent picks
1) 2 LLs or ALTs will replace both teams
2) where only 1 LL/ALT etc. (same rule as for singles/see above)

Qualifying for YEC: Highest ranked players/teams determined by a ranking composed by the best 16 results that the players/teams have done throughout the year. Top 8 players and Top 8 teams shall qualify.

Qualifying for ToC: Highest ranked players that have won an international tournament and have not qualified for YEC. Qualification for Sofia doubles will be based on race rankings, rather than on entry rankings. This will eliminate the situation from this year when someone qualified for both the Yec and for Sofia doubles events.

- The situation with ALTs will remain the same. If you wish to be an ALT for YEC or Sofia, then you cannot play in a challenger in the week of the YEC or of Sofia.

Sending Picks: You MUST send picks to the manager in order for them to count. If for some reason you cannot send to the manager, then send to the emergency TT board email address (ttboard@hotmail.co.uk). In this case that you have to send your picks to the emergency email, please aware the manager of the tournament and at least one board member. If you attempt to send picks to the manager and the PM fails, then your picks will count as long as you can provide evidence that the picks were sent in time. If you cannot, then such picks will not count. If you send to your doubles partner, but forget to send to the manager, these picks will NOT count.

- where a player sends picks to the person who posts the OOP, then even when it is clearly marked who the PM should be sent to, if the player sends his picks to the person who posted the OOP or any other understandable person (eg the regular assistant manager) then picks CAN be accepted for play as long as they are forwarded to the rightful recipient (ie the manager) before the deadline for picks to be in.
(please note that this excludes doubles partners).

-picks now CANNOT be accepted where a player attempts to send picks to the manager but spells the name wrongly in cases where the manager has posted the OOP.

eg Michael! posts the OOP and clearly states that picks have to be sent to him. chris 84 sends picks to Michael. instead. such picks will NOT now be counted.

Sending picks incorrectly (New Rule for 2014):

a) If someone sends before OOP is posted => no punishment
b) First time => a warning (manager should PM the player back)
c) Second time => a SR point penalty
d) Third time => a point penalty

Sending picks in incorrect format wonīt lead to a disqualification but will always lead to further point penalties during the tournament.

Examples:

a) sending full name instead of last name only:

Maria SHARAPOVA 2-0
Petra KVITOVA 2-0
Angelique KERBER 2-0

b) sending with country

Sharapova (RUS) 2-0
Kvitova (CZE) 2-0
Kerber (GER) 2-0

c) sending with wrong SR/TB format

Sharapova 3
Kvitova 2
Kerber 3

d) random order of picks/ridiculous format/multiples mistakes

Scharapowwa 2-0
Quitowa 20 Kerbear 2-0
Willyams 2-0 Errahni 2-0

e) Players who repeatedly send only one part of a double name (Suarez, Brito, Medina, Lucic)

Individual spelling or copy/paste mistakes can always happen and wonīt be punished.

We felt that it was necessary to introduce this because of the amount of complaints we've had from managers, and the failure of players to send in the correct format. Naturally, managers do not have to punish players who send in the wrong format, but if they wish to, they now have a list of procedures by which they can take action.

Sexysova
Dec 25th, 2010, 06:59 PM
res #1

Andiyan
Dec 25th, 2010, 07:37 PM
Great! Small this that bothers me is that the order of the rules is not so obvious now. Of course that's not really possible but, you know. :lol:

Uranus
Dec 25th, 2010, 08:52 PM
What does the LL thing mean?

Oh and I suggested something for the rankings in the other threads (do it like the WTA does and not just count the 17 best results regardless of whether the tournament is mandatory or not), wouldn't it be possible?

And I hope the standard 1st page comes out soon, we have tournaments beginning within a small week and I don't want players to blame me for posting a non-updated 1st page with wrong rules :p.

Sexysova
Dec 25th, 2010, 09:56 PM
What does the LL thing mean?

Oh and I suggested something for the rankings in the other threads (do it like the WTA does and not just count the 17 best results regardless of whether the tournament is mandatory or not), wouldn't it be possible?

And I hope the standard 1st page comes out soon, we have tournaments beginning within a small week and I don't want players to blame me for posting a non-updated 1st page with wrong rules :p.

what do you mean?

we have the system best of 16 tournaments, I guess it's not possible to change it now.

I will do it tomorrow :)

Uranus
Dec 26th, 2010, 09:04 AM
what do you mean?

we have the system best of 16 tournaments, I guess it's not possible to change it now.
Forget about it, I got the LL rule.

Why isn't it possible? Well, just a suggestion to, IMO, improve the game.

joe87
Dec 26th, 2010, 09:41 AM
Ondrej, I think you should also include the Tiebreak-rules in this thread, to have all rules in one thread. ;)

Sexysova
Dec 26th, 2010, 10:43 AM
Ondrej, I think you should also include the Tiebreak-rules in this thread, to have all rules in one thread. ;)

I wanted it to be separated, I hope it's okay, I will link to this thread though.

joe87
Dec 26th, 2010, 05:35 PM
I wanted it to be separated, I hope it's okay, I will link to this thread though.

I didn't see the other thread. If it gets sticky, it's ok how it is. ;)

Richie's
Dec 26th, 2010, 09:11 PM
I have a big question about the Q draws. So, if a Q Draw can have max. 32 players that means;

1. Two rounds for the 1st day of the tournament or
2. The tournament should start one day earlier or
3. Final q round should be the same day as 1st round

I need some advice here....

joe87
Dec 27th, 2010, 06:55 AM
I have a big question about the Q draws. So, if a Q Draw can have max. 32 players that means;

1. Two rounds for the 1st day of the tournament or
2. The tournament should start one day earlier or
3. Final q round should be the same day as 1st round

I need some advice here....

Your auckland tourny is a 16 q-draw ;)

joe87
Jan 4th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Ondrej, can you add the rule with 2 days OF's?

For WTA-tournaments with a 32 Player-MD-Field and 7 MD-days we use to have 2 days of OF. So if there is a Sunday final, Qualies starts Saturday and MD starts Monday.

Sexysova
Jan 4th, 2011, 10:00 AM
updated :)

Sexysova
Jan 7th, 2011, 06:18 PM
like this? ;)

Use of Alternates/Lucky Losers: If more spots than alternates, highest ranked players receive byes. Place in ranking order.

Where both players fail to send picks for a 1st round match and there are no LLs or ALTs to take their places, the highest-ranked players in that round will receive byes to rd2, and their previous opponents will play each other in the "problem match"

Andiyan
Jan 7th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Yeah. Great :)
In addition, the line "place in ranking order" is a bit vague. The first ALT for QD/MD faces the lowest ranked player wihout opponent, and so on, right?

Sexysova
Jan 7th, 2011, 09:15 PM
yes :)

mik loves dani
Jan 9th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Do you have to have 100 posts to play any challenger, international OR grandslam?

Andiyan
Jan 9th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Yes.

heart
Feb 4th, 2011, 04:40 PM
doha is a 28 player field. so do the top 4 tt players receive a bye? according to the website: DRAW SIZE: 28 Main Draw/32 Qualies/16 Doubles

joe87
Feb 5th, 2011, 09:57 AM
doha is a 28 player field. so do the top 4 tt players receive a bye? according to the website: DRAW SIZE: 28 Main Draw/32 Qualies/16 Doubles

No, we'll have a full draw. 32 MD / 16 Q / 16 D / 8 DQ

heart
Feb 5th, 2011, 10:21 AM
No, we'll have a full draw. 32 MD / 16 Q / 16 D / 8 DQ

thanks!:)

ALYOUNA
Feb 9th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Hi,Ondrej, I think Ranking Rules should be included .

Sexysova
Feb 9th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Hi,Ondrej, I think Ranking Rules should be included .

what exactly? :)

ALYOUNA
Feb 9th, 2011, 09:52 AM
[QUOTE=Sexysova;19126803]what exactly? :)[/QUOTE:]:devil:ranking points count 16 best tournaments,please add it because newcomers may not know it.

ALYOUNA
Feb 9th, 2011, 09:54 AM
what exactly? :):devil:ranking points count 16 best tournaments,please add it because newcomers may not know it.

Sexysova
Feb 9th, 2011, 10:18 AM
updated :)

Rankings System: Best of 16. This means that your best 16 results throughout the year will be counted for your ranking.

Willam
Feb 10th, 2011, 03:38 AM
Is there a PR for players who have been out for more than 6 months?

I stopped playing and I was like #3. :tape:

Sexysova
Feb 10th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Is there a PR for players who have been out for more than 6 months?

I stopped playing and I was like #3. :tape:

no.

HawkAussie
Mar 26th, 2011, 06:31 AM
Can I please play this year

Sexysova
Mar 26th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Can I please play this year

yes, but you need to have 100 posts and be a member for three months.

Sexysova
Nov 22nd, 2011, 05:46 AM
This thread was updated for 2012! New rules for 2012 are in blue. Older changes are in red. :)

Andiyan
Nov 22nd, 2011, 03:16 PM
Great job Ondrej. There's quite a lot of rules now in the FP. Maybe some way you can order them by subject?

Sexysova
Dec 1st, 2011, 07:12 AM
some things were added to CB/”Looking Forwards” rule, all TT players should check it :)

sfar
Oct 23rd, 2012, 07:49 PM
3 Month + 100 posts Rule: One can only play this game if he has created an account in this forum at least 3 months ago AND has at least 100 posts.

Really don't understand this rule.
:confused::confused::confused:

AdeyC
Oct 23rd, 2012, 07:53 PM
Really don't understand this rule.
:confused::confused::confused:

Couldn't agree more - they did it because it supposedly stops double accounts...and it also makes people lose interest and not bother :rolleyes:

sfar
Oct 23rd, 2012, 08:07 PM
Couldn't agree more - they did it because it supposedly stops double accounts...and it also makes people lose interest and not bother :rolleyes:

Double accounts can be checked by IP and other computerized ways... :rolleyes:

So that just forces me to spam around in the forum to get to the 100 posts. Hope I don't forget about logging in in 3 months time. :shrug:

Sexysova
Nov 7th, 2012, 04:47 PM
3 Month + 100 posts Rule: One can only play this game if he has created an account in this forum at least 3 months ago AND has at least 100 posts. An exception is made for veteran MTF players (if you have played TT for 3 months or longer on MTF, then you can play TT on TF immediately.

Vincey!
Nov 7th, 2012, 04:57 PM
Double accounts can be checked by IP and other computerized ways... :rolleyes:

So that just forces me to spam around in the forum to get to the 100 posts. Hope I don't forget about logging in in 3 months time. :shrug:

Are you aware that there is a way to change your IP on purpose so you can have a different one every day if you want? Also MODS don't check IP of EVERY new users systematically. The 3 months and 100 post rule was helping to filter the possible double accounts so Mods could check their IP etc...

Anyway the new rules is more flexible for MTF player now so you should stop trolling around.

sfar
Nov 7th, 2012, 09:02 PM
3 Month + 100 posts Rule: One can only play this game if he has created an account in this forum at least 3 months ago AND has at least 100 posts. An exception is made for veteran MTF players (if you have played TT for 3 months or longer on MTF, then you can play TT on TF immediately.

Great news!!!

goOudinUSA
Nov 7th, 2012, 09:54 PM
is there an exception for on MTF too?

Chris 84
Nov 7th, 2012, 09:57 PM
is there an exception for on MTF too?

anybody can play tt on mtf. they don't have restrictions.

goOudinUSA
Nov 7th, 2012, 10:03 PM
cool! thanks!

Sexysova
Dec 29th, 2012, 03:04 PM
new changes on first page, they're:

3 Month + 100 posts Rule: One can only play this game if he has created an account in this forum at least 3 months ago AND has at least 100 posts. An exception to the this rule is to be made for MTF TT players. If an MTF'er who has been a member there for at least 3 months and has over 100 posts there wishes to play tennis tipping on TF, he is now allowed to do so. However, such player must declare himself to the TT manager of that particular tournament and will have to be verified as an MTF member.

2-days QF: For tournaments with a 32 Player-MD-Field and 7 MD-days we use to have 2 days of QF. So if there is a Sunday final, Qualies starts Saturday and MD starts Monday. Unless day one has less than four matches in total or no main draw matches. In that case, round 1 becomes a 2-day round instead of QF.

Challengers: Top 30 singles players and top 30 doubles players are now considered to be "late entrants" for all challenger/futures tt tournaments. the order of LE priority which they gain will be dependent on their reverse rankings (ie world #30 has first LE priority, world #1 has last)

NEW SR RULE: every match will now be a SR match. We used to have max 15 SR matches but from now we will have all matches SR

Chris 84
Feb 13th, 2013, 09:33 PM
New Rule Regarding Picks Sent to the Wrong Person

- where a player sends picks to the person who posts the OOP, then even when it is clearly marked who the PM should be sent to, if the player sends his picks to the person who posted the OOP or any other understandable person (eg the regular assistant manager) then picks CAN be accepted for play as long as they are forwarded to the rightful recipient (ie the manager) before the deadline for picks to be in.
(please note that this excludes doubles partners, so if i sent my picks to slokid and not the manager, the picks will not be counted even if slokid forwards them.)

example of the rule in practice:

joe87 is the tournament manager. meelis posts the OOP for joe. chris 84 then sends his picks to meelis, having misread the instructions. if meelis forwards the picks to joe87 before the deadline, then the picks will count. if not, they will not count. meelis is not forced to forward the picks, and chris 84 cannot complain if he doesn't, because essentially it is all chris's fault for not reading the instructions.

Chris 84
Feb 14th, 2013, 03:29 PM
New Rule Regarding sending picks to the wrong:

picks now CANNOT be accepted where a player attempts to send picks to the manager but spells the name wrongly in cases where the manager has posted the OOP.

eg Michael! posts the OOP and clearly states that picks have to be sent to him. chris 84 sends picks to Michael. instead. such picks will NOT now be counted.

Michael!
Feb 27th, 2013, 09:39 PM
So as a summary (for 32 MD):
- If I have less than 32 players at commitment deadline then I can fill up till 32 players with late entrants, and next after the 32th is Alt. If there arenīt any LEs available then highest ranked players on the Entry List will receive a BYE (example: 20 entrants in a 32 draw size 1st round => The 8 seeds + players ranked 9-12 get BYE)
- If I have 33-35 players then I can fill up to 36 players, 37th is an alt.
- If I have 37-43 players then I can fill up to 44 players, next is Alt. (Obviously if there is time)

Red part has been added to the rules, possible BYEs always go to the highest ranked players/teams on the Entry List and donīt get placed randomly!

Guest12315544
Oct 20th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Oh gee I hope the game is easier than the rules :scared:

Frederik
Oct 20th, 2013, 07:51 PM
You don't have to know all these rules. Actually most of the players don't :p

JustPetko
Oct 20th, 2013, 09:11 PM
You don't have to know all these rules. Actually most of the players don't :p

So true :lol:

Frederik
Oct 21st, 2013, 12:20 AM
Oh gee I hope the game is easier than the rules :scared:

and the REAL rules are here (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=425109) :oh: :lol:

Michael!
Nov 9th, 2013, 01:56 PM
- Where there is a 1st round match in which BOTH players do not send picks, the following will happen:
1) 2 LLs or ALTs will replace the players
2) where only 1 LL/ALT is available, that LL replaces one of the players, the No.1 seed's opponent replaces the other player, and the No.1 seed receives a bye.
3) where no LL/ALT is available, the opponents of both the No.1 and No.2 seeds move to that part of the draw and both No.1 and No.2 seeds receive byes.
If the No.1 or No.2 seeds didnīt send picks then the opponents of No.3, No.4 or No.5 seeds etc. will move to that part of the draw and No.3/No.4/No.5 seeds will receive a BYE.
4) if more matches are in the same circumstances, the opponents of the lower seeded or highest ranked unseeded players will fill in the draw in the appropriate order.

In doubles teams already get replaced if one player of a team did not send picks.

2) where only 1 LL/ALT etc. (same rule as for singles/see above)

Blue part has been added to the rules, nothing new here, just an example for doubles to make it clearer that it is already enough to get replaced in doubles if one person of a team doesnīt send picks! :p

Javi.
Nov 9th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Blue part has been added to the rules, nothing new here, just an example for doubles to make it clearer that it is already enough to get replaced in doubles if one person of a team doesnīt send picks! :p

What happens if only one of them sends in both teams? Both are replaced? Or match is played as a singles one?

Michael!
Nov 9th, 2013, 02:01 PM
What happens if only one of them sends in both teams? Both are replaced? Or match is played as a singles one?

not clear? :p :lol:

Javi.
Nov 9th, 2013, 02:04 PM
not clear? :p :lol:

:facepalm: :silly:

Sorry

Michael!
Nov 11th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Determining Lucky Losers: In the end of the final qualifying round, managers should post a list of the losers who had the highest scores in that round (If the score is the same you should use the TB/SR system to order the players). Those are the first players to be called in case someone doesn’t send his/her picks.
Players who had a BYE in 1st round and didnīt send for FQR will be at the end of the LL List only (behind those who sent and lost in 1st q-round)! The order of those in the LL list will be decided by ranking then.

New rule, which already will become effective now! :p
Change here is that those who had BYE in 1st round of Q and forgot to send for FQR will be behind those in the LL List from now on who sent and lost in 1st q round! :)

Cooper96
Nov 11th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Yay that was my suggestion. Glad it got changed :yeah:

Michael!
Dec 2nd, 2013, 07:42 PM
I will start adding new rules for 2014 now, at least those who are already clear! :)
Those rules which I will add already now will become effective from next week on, so please check the first page of the rules thread and the TB thread for possible changes (but I will post all new rules here in an extra post as well anyway! :angel:

Michael!
Dec 2nd, 2013, 07:43 PM
New Rule here for punishment of incorrect format of picks!

Sending picks incorrectly (New Rule for 2014):

a) If someone sends before OOP is posted => no punishment
b) First time => a warning (manager should PM the player back)
c) Second time => a SR point penalty
d) Third time => a point penalty

Sending picks in incorrect format wonīt lead to a disqualification but will always lead to further point penalties during the tournament.

Examples:

a) sending full name instead of last name only:

Maria SHARAPOVA 2-0
Petra KVITOVA 2-0
Angelique KERBER 2-0

b) sending with country

Sharapova (RUS) 2-0
Kvitova (CZE) 2-0
Kerber (GER) 2-0

c) sending with wrong SR/TB format

Sharapova 3
Kvitova 2
Kerber 3

d) random order of picks/ridiculous format/multiples mistakes

Scharapowwa 2-0
Quitowa 20 Kerbear 2-0
Willyams 2-0 Errahni 2-0

e) Players who repeatedly send only one part of a double name (Suarez, Brito, Medina, Lucic)

Individual spelling or copy/paste mistakes can always happen and wonīt be punished.

We felt that it was necessary to introduce this because of the amount of complaints we've had from managers, and the failure of players to send in the correct format. Naturally, managers do not have to punish players who send in the wrong format, but if they wish to, they now have a list of procedures by which they can take action.

Inger67
Dec 2nd, 2013, 07:56 PM
Where it says: "Here are some examples of what does and what does not constitute sending picks in the incorrect format" it doesn't specify which did or did not constitute as sending in the wrong format, just listed off 5 examples.

Michael!
Dec 2nd, 2013, 08:01 PM
Where it says: "Here are some examples of what does and what does not constitute sending picks in the incorrect format" it doesn't specify which did or did not constitute as sending in the wrong format, just listed off 5 examples.

OK, I changed it a bit, should be clearer now! :p

Michael!
Dec 2nd, 2013, 08:09 PM
That rule should be clear also, no SEs for Top30 players!

Special Exempts: Anyone who wins a challenger tournament gets direct entry into an international tournament a fortnight following their win. If you win a challenger in week 1 of the new season, you gain direct entry into the MD of the international tournament of your choice in week 3, and so on. If there are no international tournaments that week, then your "special exempt" status rolls over to the week after, and so on. Challengers which take place in the last 2 weeks of the season and afterwards do NOT count regarding this new rule. To make use of this rule, a challenger winner should enter the international tournament of his choosing and tell the tournament manager that he has SE status. This rule applies for both singles and doubles. In doubles you have to enter MD of international tournament as special exempt with the partner you won the challenger with.
LE top-30-ranked players will NOT gain an SE for winning a challenger tournament. If they win an event, the SE will "roll over" to the next week. The runners-up will NOT gain the top 30 player's SE.

Michael!
Dec 2nd, 2013, 08:13 PM
we will also increase the time between posting EL and draw, Chris posted that already, right now we are just sorting discussing last details of that rule, will add it then to the new rules as well! :p

2014 we will also have different points system (just like WTA has), will wait here until WTA has confirmed that new system! :angel:

Michael!
Dec 7th, 2013, 12:40 PM
New rules for 2014 regarding commitments!
1st entry deadline will always be Sunday,6pm CET from now on, all those who commit after will be LEs!
There will be one deadline for singles and doubles!!!

All 2013 tournaments will have "old" deadline, new commitment rules will become effective for Brisbane/Shenzhen/Auckland 2014.

COMMITMENTS (NEW RULE):

Entries will be based on ranking (rankings from two weeks before the start of the tournament)
Tournament thread posted not later than Sunday (two weeks before start of the tournament) - Players have at least 8 days (from Sunday till Sunday) to commit to the tournament and this will be done by ranking.
First entry deadline for singles AND doubles is always Sunday 6 pm current time in Europe (CET or CEST).
The day before TT qualifying begins is the 2nd deadline for changes (the exact time is up to the tournament manager) and the draws are made after that.

Late Entries: Everyone who commits after the first entry deadline will be considered as Late Entry.
LEs, who commit after the 1st deadline but before draws are made will go to the bottom of the Entry List.

Late entries should be sorted according to the commitment order.

Everyone who commits after draws are made will be ALT.

Example for 32 MD:

- for example 26,30 or 34 entries on Sunday after 1st deadline is over.
- Manager should fill up to 44 players (28 direct MD entries + 16 QD) with late entrants (if LEs available obviously)
- 45th entry and/or all those who commit after the draws are made will be ALTs.
LE can be seeded.

Managers can extend deadline only if there are still spots available in the Main Draw after the second deadline, the first deadline is always Sunday 6 PM CET/CEST!

If I have less than 32 players at the latest possible commitment deadline then highest ranked players on the Entry List will receive a BYE (example: 20 entrants in a 32 draw size 1st round => The 8 seeds + players ranked 9-12 get BYE)

Missing Someone's Commitment: In the case that you miss someone's commitment while managing a tournament he/she will be topping the Alt or LL lists.

Mynarco
Dec 7th, 2013, 01:01 PM
:eek: so we are using the MTF rules as well. It's getting a bit complicated.

Michael!
Dec 7th, 2013, 01:04 PM
:eek: so we are using the MTF rules as well. It's getting a bit complicated.

wouldnīt say complicated, people just have to get used to the early deadline! :p

Mynarco
Dec 7th, 2013, 01:07 PM
wouldnīt say complicated, people just have to get used to the early deadline! :p

And managers to set up thread earlier :oh:

It's gonna be a gamble for the lower ranked players on what tournaments to go to. Wrong decision and you are an LE.

Michael!
Dec 7th, 2013, 01:11 PM
And managers to set up thread earlier :oh:

It's gonna be a gamble for the lower ranked players on what tournaments to go to. Wrong decision and you are an LE.

yeah, I expect more last minute commitments, just like on MTF where they basically have same rule but it works fine there and it also should work fine here!

Mynarco
Dec 7th, 2013, 01:14 PM
yeah, I expect more last minute commitments, just like on MTF where they basically have same rule but it works fine there and it also should work fine here!

Hopefully the managers and the players are aware of these changes:)

Michael!
Dec 7th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Hopefully the managers and the players are aware of these changes:)

thatīs why we will send PMs, post links etc. :oh:

valac222
Dec 7th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Would you confirm just to make it clear.

26 players at first deadline: Next 2 LE ( according to thecommitment order) get MD place, all other LEs get QD places. (So LEs not sorted by ranking order even in this case)
30 players at first deadline: 28 best ranked get MD place, 2 lowest ranked get QD place as well as all LEs.

valac222
Dec 7th, 2013, 02:16 PM

1, LL if the player had been in MD, Alt if the player had been in QD
2, What if if the manager miss a LE commitment from a high ranked player?

valac222
Dec 7th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Just one more comment. There is an obvious overlapping between MTT and WTT players and first commitment deadlines are now the same. It would be a polite step towards players if first commitment deadline would be 5PM or 7PM instead of 6PM

joe87
Dec 7th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Would you confirm just to make it clear.

26 players at first deadline: Next 2 LE ( according to thecommitment order) get MD place, all other LEs get QD places. (So LEs not sorted by ranking order even in this case)
30 players at first deadline: 28 best ranked get MD place, 2 lowest ranked get QD place as well as all LEs.

correct ;)

1, LL if the player had been in MD, Alt if the player had been in QD
2, What if if the manager miss a LE commitment from a high ranked player?

1) yes, like we always did it
2) Being high ranked doesn't change anything here as LEs are sorted by commitment order. He will be ALT for Q then. ;)

goOudinUSA
Dec 7th, 2013, 03:04 PM

We know all to well about this on MTF. ;)

joe87
Dec 7th, 2013, 03:10 PM
We know all to well about this on MTF. ;)

I think it wont be that bad. Everyone who ends up in Q or as ALT still can go to ITF which usually has free MD places here in WTA. ;)

goOudinUSA
Dec 7th, 2013, 03:21 PM
I think it wont be that bad. Everyone who ends up in Q or as ALT still can go to ITF which usually has free MD places here in WTA. ;)

Oh, I'm not saying its going to be bad; I was stating that Chrono and I sometimes had some trouble figuring out which tournaments we would play (if we could get in or not)...and many times took a gamble. ;)

M.P
Dec 7th, 2013, 05:34 PM
So the first entry is like a week earlier?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

Michael!
Dec 7th, 2013, 10:48 PM
So the first entry is like a week earlier?

yep :p

valac222
Dec 9th, 2013, 02:43 PM
This rule has a major element at MTT: no multiple commitment allowed during first week. Is that also the case here?

Michael!
Dec 9th, 2013, 06:03 PM
This rule has a major element at MTT: no multiple commitment allowed during first week. Is that also the case here?

before the first deadline on Sunday players can commit to one tournament, withdraw from there and commit to another tournament without being a LE.

Only the first commitment is valid if a player is still on two different Entry Lists once first deadline is over.

Michael!
Dec 11th, 2013, 11:17 AM
before the first deadline on Sunday players can commit to one tournament, withdraw from there and commit to another tournament without being a LE.

Only the first commitment is valid if a player is still on two different Entry Lists once first deadline is over.

I formed a rule out of my own comment and added it on first page as well, to make it clear for the future!!

Mynarco
Dec 11th, 2013, 03:39 PM
So managers have to crosscheck the ELs of other tournaments held in the same week to avoid double commitments

Michael!
Dec 11th, 2013, 04:32 PM
So managers have to crosscheck the ELs of other tournaments held in the same week to avoid double commitments

First of all players should withdraw from one tournament before they enter another one but yeah, managers should also check EL of other tournaments to avoid double commitments but that isnīt sth new! :p

SAISAI-GOAT
Dec 11th, 2013, 05:41 PM
:eek:

feel so many players will miss the deadline now :rolls:

Michael!
Dec 17th, 2013, 09:37 PM
Tournament Points for 2014:
Grand Slams:
Winner: 2000
Final: 1300
Semifinal: 780
Quarterfinal: 430
R16: 240
R32: 130
R64: 70
Q: 40
QFR: 30
Q2: 20

Premier Mandatory (R128):
R64: 35

Premier Mandatory (R64):
R64: 10

Premier 5 (R64):
Winner: 900
Final: 585
Semifinal: 350
Quarterfinal: 190
R16: 105
R32: 60

Premier 7 (R64):
R32: 30

Premier 7 (R32):

International (R32):
Winner: 280
Final: 180
Semifinal: 110
Quarterfinal: 60
R16: 30
Qualifier: 18
QFR: 14

WTA125 (R32):
Winner: 160
Final: 95
Semifinal: 57
Quarterfinal: 29
R16: 15

Challengers (R64):
R32: 7

Challengers (R32):

Mynarco
Dec 17th, 2013, 09:46 PM
Michi :kiss:

Lord Sneeze
Dec 18th, 2013, 12:45 AM
Michi :kiss:

This :worship:

colemohrlee
Dec 19th, 2013, 12:50 AM
new points

Inger67
Dec 19th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Are these the point distributions that are being used on the WTA tour then?

Michael!
Dec 19th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Are these the point distributions that are being used on the WTA tour then?

Yes, Sir! :p

Erranifighting
Dec 26th, 2013, 07:06 AM
a good game

Erranifighting
Dec 26th, 2013, 07:07 AM
wait for 3 months

^bibi^
Dec 26th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Hello,

About the protected Ranking System, I can't find the protected ranking thread...

I was ranked 148 back in April 2010 when I left this board, can I use that PR now that I'm back ?

Michael!
Dec 26th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Hello,

About the protected Ranking System, I can't find the protected ranking thread...

I was ranked 148 back in April 2010 when I left this board, can I use that PR now that I'm back ?

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=448810

Post in this thread if you wish to be considered for a protected ranking. You may be eligible if you have not played tt for a period of 6 months, but have played within the last 2 years, or if you know that you will be absent for a period of time in the coming season, then you can post in here prior to your absence.

sorry :hug:

^bibi^
Dec 26th, 2013, 11:43 AM
OK thanx :) it's not like it would have made a huge difference anyway :p

Michael!
Feb 18th, 2014, 09:06 AM
Double commitment (player commits to two different tournaments in the same week):

Before the 1st deadline on Sunday, 6pm CET players can commit to one tournament, withdraw from there and commit to another tournament without being a LE.
Only the first commitment is valid if a player is still on two different Entry Lists once second deadline is over for one of these tournaments.
If the double commitment is not noticed by the managers, points gained by the player in any of the two tournaments will not be considered.

Updated commitment rules!
Basically just added what Joe already said in the Ask the board thread, only first commitment is valid if a player is still on EL after 2nd deadline and points gained by the player wonīt be considered if the double commitment isnīt noticed!

valac222
Feb 18th, 2014, 09:42 AM
Should the player be removed from the draw and replaced by an LL (if it is still possible)?

joe87
Feb 18th, 2014, 10:55 AM
Should the player be removed from the draw and replaced by an LL (if it is still possible)?

I would say yes, if it is discovered in time and a LL sent picks.

joe87
Feb 18th, 2014, 10:56 AM
So, we can commit to several tournaments, but we will have to withdraw from one of them before the second deadline?

Yes.

joe87
Feb 18th, 2014, 11:11 AM
Yes, no changes here.

We just wanted to make sure that the players are the ones who have to take care of their commitments and not the managers, as it happened that someone ended up on multiple entrylists after 2nd deadline.

Michael!
Feb 27th, 2014, 01:41 PM
3 Month + 100 posts Rule: One can only play this game if he has created an account in this forum at least 3 months ago AND has at least 100 posts. An exception to the this rule is to be made for MTF TT players. If an MTF'er who has been a member there for at least 3 months and has over 100 posts there wishes to play tennis tipping on TF, he is now allowed to do so. However, such player must declare himself to the TT manager of that particular tournament and will have to be verified as an MTF member.

That rule doesnīt exist anymore!
Everyone who wants to play TT on TF is allowed to do that immediately from now on, 100 posts arenīt needed as well anymore!

Javi.
Feb 27th, 2014, 03:01 PM
Everyone who wants to play TT on TF is allowed to do that immediately from now on, 100 posts arenīt needed as well anymore!

Good riddance! :bigclap:

Davidspell
Feb 27th, 2014, 03:34 PM

Good decision!

Igorche
Feb 27th, 2014, 04:05 PM

:eek:

BMT360
Feb 27th, 2014, 07:02 PM

Thank you!!!!!!!!!

valac222
Feb 28th, 2014, 08:07 AM
Definately a good and brave decision. :worship: