View Full Version : Steffi Graf early bio information

Steffi-fan
Dec 16th, 2010, 01:54 AM
I found early biography of Steffi here:
http://www.facebook.com/Steffi.Graf.Tribute?v=wall&ref=mf

R-K-M
Dec 17th, 2010, 09:44 AM
who cares?

Every true athlete and good persons care.

May be evils,jealous and minimal knowledge people (like you) not care about her info.

I believe Women Tennis became popular because of her all over the world.

She is the most favourite female player in the world.She has zillions of fans everywhere in the world. Not only in her Germany or european countries,but in China,India,Pakistan,Japan,Australia,Saudi Arabia...or anywhere.

I'm pity on Federer, Nadal, Sharapova fan count on Facebook,because they have only in millions of fans online even their generation have well knowledge about internet.

In real world,Steffi has more fans and in 1996 a poll at the time of Wimbledon said that 38% of tennis fans like Steffi and 19% like Sampras,17% like Agassi,16% like Sabatini...,
and 1995 poll said that 80% tennis fans like Graf in China.
...., Many polls and proofs for that.

I mean she has more fans than any tennis player,so they care about her and is greater than any one in tennis.

graf was an ingrate who gave nothing back to the game and talks about how much she hated playing like her loser husband. she won't let her kids play tennis because it was so evil and horrible in her life- it only provided her with millions of dollars, prestige, and husband. what a loser.

above answer answers you for this .
In addition, Steffi never say that she didn't like to play (at anywhere).
This is your misunderstanding.

She hates publicity.Yet she maintains private life,her dad caused her to cry(1990 incident and 1995 tax evasion).
In early time of this year, She was voted "Best role model" in women sports.
There is a group in WTA and always try to reduce her place in all-time greats list. But historians voted her Greatest ever.
She rejected promotional activities with sponsors because she didn't like to reduce her practice time. If she agreed,she may won the 1st place on Forbes lists(off-course ,she's is the 1st in women in her time)
Again you wrong. Her daughter ,Jaz Elle plays tennis . She may turns professional in future.

There is no connection of her husband in her retirement decision.

When she reached Agassi, he was a druggist , divorced,not so great player in public eye. But later, his life became happier than before, winner of another 4 slams and Gentleman in public eye.

Agassi hates to play,but Steffi not:
From SPIEGEL(http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,660148,00.html)

SPIEGEL Interview with Andre Agassi
'I Really Hated Tennis'

Tennis legend Andre Agassi recently published "Open," a no-holds-barred memoir of growing up to become a reluctant champion. In an interview with SPIEGEL, Agassi speaks about how his father forced him to play a sport he never liked, how he used fake hair and crystal meth, and how his wife -- Steffi Graf -- has brought this high-flyer down to Earth.

SPIEGEL: Mr. Agassi, is it possible for a happy person to win Wimbledon?

Andre Agassi: For me, it's hard to imagine.

SPIEGEL: Roger Federer seems to actually enjoy playing.

Agassi: Yes, maybe. But, in my world, this is impossible. The maximum were short moments of peace during a match which we, the players, used to call "the Zone." But you couldn't plan it. It was never constant. And it went by very fast.

SPIEGEL: Does a tennis professional have to be obsessed? Must there be some kind of trauma for him or her to be good?

Agassi: While I was winning Wimbledon, I felt like I would die. I feared to fail; I feared embarrassment.

SPIEGEL: Are you and your wife, Steffi Graf, similar in this regard?

Agassi: Oh, no, there are a lot of differences. Stefanie is much more secure, much clearer and stronger than me.

SPIEGEL: Could you learn something from her?

Agassi: The way she faces and confronts her fears, how she lives the way she wants to live -- I did not know this was possible. She was the one to show me, with her life, how to care about something every day. This, too, was new to me. Or, in sports, she told me: "Stop thinking; it's about feeling."

SPIEGEL: What did she mean?

Agassi: You have to be so conditioned, so practiced, that your thinking is removed, and you're just reacting intuitively, without constantly questioning everything. I'm a thinker by nature, much too complicated. My father tried to forbid thinking, and I tried to analyze my thinking away. Nobody ever said anything about feeling. Stefanie taught me that you have to be patient with yourself, you have to just let go. She taught me not to stand in my own way. I became famous so fast; but, in some ways, I grew up so slow.

SPIEGEL: Both of you were drilled by fathers who wanted to control everything.

Agassi: What is right is that both of us were in our fathers' hands. I told a lot of people that I hated tennis -- seriously and strongly hated it -- and they all tried to talk me out of it: "Ah, that is not right, Andre; in fact you love tennis, don't you?" Do you want to know what Stefanie said: "Don't we all?"

SPIEGEL: Did you tell each other the stories of your sufferings?

Agassi: I was the better talker; she was the better listener. But we did not have to explain everything.

SPIEGEL: You knew?

Agassi: We both knew a lot, yes. But there is a very significant difference between us: Stefanie wanted to play tennis, it was her decision; and I did not, but I had to. For me it was the wrong life; it was not mine.

SPIEGEL: In Germany, Peter Graf has been seen as a diabolical father who stole his daughter's childhood.

Agassi: But it wasn't like that. It was her choice. Stefanie did not have to give up her family or her childhood, whereas I was sent to a training academy in Florida. And, from that moment on, I had no friends and no mom anymore. No, this story and this image are wrong. Of course, sometimes she was sick of it; but, in general, she loved the sport she happened to be great at.

SPIEGEL: Your father, Emmanuel, is an Armenian-Iranian immigrant, who speaks five languages…

Agassi: … and none of them fluently. He mixes letters: "Vork your wolley!"

SPIEGEL: A violent man?

Agassi: Yes, very much so. And choleric. He used to have an axe handle in the car and sometimes a pistol. I was there when he knocked people unconscious with whom he had gotten into stupid debates about who had had the right-of-way.

Olórin
Dec 17th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Every true athlete and good persons care.

May be evils,jealous and minimal knowledge people (like you) not care about her info.

I believe Women Tennis became popular because of her all over the world.

She is the most favourite female player in the world.She has zillions of fans everywhere in the world. Not only in her Germany or european countries,but in China,India,Pakistan,Japan,Australia,Saudi Arabia...or anywhere.

I'm pity on Federer, Nadal, Sharapova fan count on Facebook,because they have only in millions of fans online even their generation have well knowledge about internet.

In real world,Steffi has more fans and in 1996 a poll at the time of Wimbledon said that 38% of tennis fans like Steffi and 19% like Sampras,17% like Agassi,16% like Sabatini...,
and 1995 poll said that 80% tennis fans like Graf in China.
...., Many polls and proofs for that.

I mean she has more fans than any tennis player,so they care about her and is greater than any one in tennis.

:haha: :haha:

Great stuff! :happy: