PDA

View Full Version : Anna Chakvetadze's training in Buenos Aires

Juarito
Dec 9th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Paola Suárez met her at Vilas Club. She was training with her mother. Here's the complete note (spanish):http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/blogs/index?entryID=1188546&name=paola_suarez

Mistress of Evil
Dec 9th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Good for her.

Noctis
Dec 9th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Good Anna
unlike some people

goldenlox
Dec 9th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Is she with a coach?

Juarito
Dec 10th, 2010, 01:33 AM
Is she with a coach?

Yes, I was trying to get his name, he's Cristian Kordasz. Don't know who he is.

GeorgianFan
Dec 10th, 2010, 04:15 PM
La vi muy cambiada físicamente y también en cuanto a golpes. Está con el pelo más corto, no tan delgada como antes y cambió mucho su derecha y especialmente su revés.

did she cut her hair? :scared:

Setsuna.
Dec 10th, 2010, 06:14 PM
did she cut her hair? :scared:

Imagine if her hair cut was Myskina style.:lol:
I still don't know why she wanted to cut her hair.:shrug:

Jason A.
Dec 11th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Juarito, thanks a lot for the article. :cool:

Qetusi
Dec 11th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Imagine if her hair cut was Myskina style.:lol:
I still don't know why she wanted to cut her hair.:shrug:

No, I don't even want to imagine :lol:
why she wanted to cut her hair? because, it's boring to wear one hair style for a long time... I think she wanted to change something :)
and belive me it's very hard to look after such a long hair like anna has(or had,now i don't know what to say :lol:)...
We'll see, may be she has changed her hair style a little bit :)and we have nothing to worry about :lol:

King Halep
Dec 12th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Hope she had a great time in Arg but stay away from all the foods Dinara likes

Mad Dawg
Dec 14th, 2010, 01:13 AM
why she wanted to cut her hair? because, it's boring to wear one hair style for a long time... I think she wanted to change something :)
and belive me it's very hard to look after such a long hair like anna has(or had,now i don't know what to say :lol:)...
We'll see, may be she has changed her hair style a little bit :)and we have nothing to worry about :lol:

Did she cut her hair?

sammy01
Dec 14th, 2010, 12:54 PM
good that she is training and with Cristian Kordasz, he is for my liking the right coach to get her back to the top 20

Setsuna.
Dec 14th, 2010, 06:00 PM

True.:p
yeah, i forgot to say Welcome to you.Hope to see here next year more often.
Good luck.

Setsuna.
Dec 14th, 2010, 06:10 PM
I bet Anna will change her mind about the forehand she would like to have when she sees Delpo's forehand closely.:lol:

goldenlox
Dec 22nd, 2010, 04:19 PM
JuaniCeballos (http://twitter.com/JuaniCeballos)

Anna Chakvetadze is ending a 3-week pre-season training in Buenos Aires with coach Cristian Kordasz

Former top-5 players @delpotrojuan (http://twitter.com/delpotrojuan) and Anna Chakvetadze shared court today at Vilas Club in Buenos Aires.

goldenlox
Dec 22nd, 2010, 06:05 PM
This guy works for ESPN in Argentina

Chakvetadze is training right now, under the 35c heat (see @Dinarik27 (http://twitter.com/Dinarik27) ) . Dabul-Berlocq in the near court.

Qetusi
Dec 22nd, 2010, 06:22 PM
True.:p
yeah, i forgot to say Welcome to you.Hope to see here next year more often.
Good luck.

I hope so ;)

Noctis
Dec 22nd, 2010, 06:25 PM
Training hard princess :cool:

Qetusi
Dec 22nd, 2010, 06:28 PM
Training hard princess :cool:

Yeah :)
We need you Anna back in the top 10 :worship:
Ok, at least in top 20 :p

RS232
Dec 23rd, 2010, 10:10 AM
here the press article

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/blogs/index?entryID=1196377&name=juan_ignacio_ceballos

in spanish, sorry i can't translate i don't speak soanish

Setsuna.
Dec 23rd, 2010, 03:10 PM
Google translation. not that bad BTW.

Anna Chakvetadze is dead.:eek::unsure: I hardly have the strength to move. The three weeks of intense training camp in Buenos Aires you are taking a toll. But go ahead. No stops.

Near it, Cristian Kordasz silently monitors the physical training of his pupil. Chakvetadze coach aims to bring the Russian back to the top-ten (She was No. 5 in the world in 2007), and knows that hard work is necessary to achieve the goal. "In addition, Anna never in her life had been a preseason physical. Amazing, is not it."

Kordasz Chakvetadze and form one of the 4 tandems top-100 tennis player and coach of Argentina in the WTA circuit. The others are Justine Henin-Carlos Rodriguez-Alejandro Dulko Gisela Dulko Dinara Safina and-Gaston Etlis. "A Gaston and I threw the gift and told us 'to see how the recover,'" says and laughs Cristian, who is also able to restore the smile to the beautiful Russian.

Anna, why they chose Buenos Aires for the preseason?
"When we were analyzing where we would do, we conclude that Moscow did not have the facilities were in Buenos Aires. Vilas Club lent us a field for four hours a day, the director of the club treated us very well. Also the weather, here is warmer and more beautiful. And then there are tennis environment, many players and many coaches. I am surprised because in Russia we have many very good coaches like here. The players train together. It is very good. It's not like Russia.

- How did you decide to start working with Christian?
"The story is half mad. In the middle of this year his player (the Canadian Aleksandra Wozniak) was injured and he accompanied me on a couple of tournaments. In that first tournament (Portoroz), I won. We get along very well. And after the U.S. Open decided to work together permanently.

- What gives you Christian?
"He is the first more or less I can understand, because it is not easy to work with me ... hehe

ESPNdeportes.com

Russia is prepared physically Repetto
- Why?
And ... muuch because you have patience, be calm. I am not an easy person. In fact none of the girls who play tennis are easy. And I'm one of them. When Christian started working with me, I was 118 in the world, had fallen in the rankings and had to defend points. He came to Portoroz, I would not change anything about my game but I was very supportive and I felt that he believed in me. That really helped me to believe in myself. It was so good that I won the tournament.

Born in 1978, Cristian Kordasz belonged to the generation of Gateway, Zabaleta and Cañas. However, an arrhythmia ended his career prematurely. In 2008 he began working with Wozniak in 2008, recommended by the coach Horacio Reardon. And in 2010 took over from another Argentine coach, Francisco Cabello, as the leader of Chakvetadze tennis. "Anna is very brave on the field. Has a lot of temperament. That's not bad, and you do not change it. But we must try her. We understand."

Anna, what do you need to return to the top-ten?"I'm trying to be more consistent and get the percentage of unforced errors. Lower a little speed to the ball and be more regular. I hope to deliver results.

- Are you trying to change your style of play? Do it over "Argentina"?I do not want to create something new. But I want to play from the base and be consistent. I want to be an all-court player, knowing what shot to play in every situation. But first of all, do not try to commit unforced errors.

- What happened to your tennis in the last two years?
"There were many things that happened to me. Many things together. And after that I had no motivation to keep playing because what had happened was very bad.

ESPNdeportes.com

"I want to be an all-court player," says
Anna no longer wants to talk about the robbery nearly three years ago, in the hours leading up to Christmas, was at her home in Moscow. Six robbers surprised the whole family. The bound and covered their mouths. There was violence. And Chakvetadze, 20 and winner of 4 titles at the 2007, failed to recover psychologically from the dramatic experience. She left the select group of top-ten. Her tennis was gone. And Her desire to play.

She is now in the process of recovery, with Kordasz and trainer Jorge Repetto (former judoka). Start in 2011 from the position 56 of the ranking, and virtually no points to defend in the first months. "She has the potential to return to the top ten," says Cristian.

Anna, now how do you interpret your kick in the ranking?"When you get very quickly to the top, see you at 5 in the world and the next year came down to 17, say:" Oh my God, this is horrible. ":haha: You do not understand what is happening. But I think I learned to enjoy the moment, enjoy where you are one, and keep working hard. Not everything has to be perfect, but we must strive to improve.

- And what are your goals in 2011?
"I'll go try and get better in the Grand Slams, because I had problems with this type of events in the past two years (since 2008 does not reach the knockout stages of a major tournament). I play better in the Grand Slams. And then we'll see. Do not want to talk about ranking, because if I play well, the improvement in the ranking will come alone.:yeah:

Noctis
Dec 23rd, 2010, 03:50 PM
Anna is dead :eek:

smokovec
Dec 23rd, 2010, 04:25 PM
From this interview I think Anna works god for the new season and also know what to make, first cut the unforced errors, that are a big problem in most of Anna lost matches.

If Anna can find again a consistent game then she can go for more, but the first step is this and it seems that Anna is working hard on this point!

Duramont
Dec 23rd, 2010, 06:15 PM
It's nice to see Anna that focused again. :bounce:

She is on the right track right now. She has to confirm these experiences on court. Fingers crossed for a great start into season 2011.

King Halep
Dec 23rd, 2010, 06:39 PM
This guy works for ESPN in Argentina

Chakvetadze is training right now, under the 35c heat (see @Dinarik27 (http://twitter.com/Dinarik27) ) . Dabul-Berlocq in the near court.

Its good Dinara is with her, she is not the only one crazy enough to train in that heat.

Wintermute
Dec 25th, 2010, 02:45 PM
- How did you decide to start working with Christian?
"The story is half mad. In the middle of this year his player (the Canadian Aleksandra Wozniak) was injured and he accompanied me on a couple of tournaments. In that first tournament (Portoroz), I won. We get along very well. And after the U.S. Open decided to work together permanently.

- What gives you Christian?
"He is the first more or less I can understand, because it is not easy to work with me ... hehe

This is very positive news before the new season! Anna had an obvious connection with Kordasz so it's great to see them working together permanently. Also conditioning herself in a hot climate will be perfect preparation for Australia.

程如是
Dec 29th, 2010, 01:39 AM
加油啊小查克。期待你的复苏。

rucolo
Jan 2nd, 2011, 06:03 PM
Paola Suárez met her at Vilas Club. She was training with her mother.
Here's the complete note (spanish):http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/blogs/index?entryID=1188546&name=paola_suarez

Anna and Paola Suarez!:hearts:

I almost forgot Paola...

good that she is training and with Cristian Kordasz, he is for my liking the right coach to get her back to the top 20

I feel the same about Anna working with Cristian Kordasz.;):)

Just hope the results come in 2011!