PDA

View Full Version : What's Wozniacki's natural hair color?

pov
Nov 12th, 2010, 02:35 PM
I used to think it was blonde but, judging from her roots recently, it seems like she's naturally brown haired.

Then again, it looks like all the known "blondes" on the WTA are not natural blondes at all.

Burisleif
Nov 12th, 2010, 03:11 PM
What you call dark roots is a trick of the light mixed with perspiration imho.
My own hair which is 'fair', also looks dark during prolonged heavy physical activity and or when wet. Fair hair also changes colour depending on where you are, the weather/humidity, time of year, and local pollution levels. In London mine turns to dark fair and flat, while in northern denmark it reverts to wavy blonde.

QuietPlease
Nov 14th, 2010, 02:38 PM
This is how she looked at 12 years old, I doubt she colored her hair back then...

http://a.bimg.dk/node-images/165/3/604x403-c/3165301-forskud-til-bt---unge-talenter-caroline-wozniacki.jpg

DownInAHole
Nov 14th, 2010, 05:33 PM
This is how she looked at 12 years old, I doubt she colored her hair back then...

http://a.bimg.dk/node-images/165/3/604x403-c/3165301-forskud-til-bt---unge-talenter-caroline-wozniacki.jpg

Aww, look how cute she was.

pov
Nov 14th, 2010, 10:13 PM
Thanks. Judging by that pic, I'd say light-brown. Yeah, what some call "dirty blonde."

pov
Nov 14th, 2010, 10:16 PM
@Burisleif,
The change in color based on location is a very interesting - and, at the moment,perplexing - thing.

suzie96
Nov 15th, 2010, 08:55 AM
I think she's more blond now cause of lot of sun, not because she colored her hair. When she was younger she also was blond, I saw her lot of times. Plus in Denmark sun was only in summer so in other months her hair was more dark :)That's just my opinion

QuietPlease
Nov 15th, 2010, 06:20 PM
I think she's more blond now cause of lot of sun, not because she colored her hair. When she was younger she also was blond, I saw her lot of times. Plus in Denmark sun was only in summer so in other months her hair was more dark :)That's just my opinion

Good point! Now she's in the sunshine year long.

My hair always brightens during the summer too.

stangtennis
Nov 16th, 2010, 08:23 PM
The UV-rays in sunlight always makes the hair paler/brighter no matter if you are blonde or brunette.
That's why the roots of her hair is darker than the rest of the hair, because the roots has not been exposed to the sun yet.
Since Caro is a pro tennis player, she doesn't experience much winter, as the tennis seasons is planned so they play in Australia and other places south of equator during their summer or close to equator where it's warm and sunny year round, while it's winter north of equator.
The summer in Denmark is quite short but with long days, so here it's easy to tell how peoples hair pales during the summer and gets darker again during the winter unless they use tanning beds. If you spend most of the time outside in the sun, year round like pro tennis players does, then your hair color won't change much during the year. But your roots will be darker than the rest of the hair until it grow out and gets exposed to the sun. It can look almost like when someone who has been dying her hair a while ago and the hair has grown since, so the roots haven't been dyed.
You can get hair products with UV-protection, just like skin protection.

Hair can also get darker as you grow older. Many people who are born very blone (almost white hair) can gradually get darker hair while they grow up. So if you compare a picture of a 20-year old with a picture of the same person as an under 10-year old, he/she might have much darker hair now than as a kid.

http://www.myspaceantics.com/images/myspace-graphics/funny-pictures/tan_lines.jpg