PDA

View Full Version : I don't understand the fuss around Gavrilova

Leo_DFP
Oct 12th, 2010, 02:45 AM
People on this board talk about her like she's the future shit or something. I watched her US Open juniors final against Putintseva and there was really nothing redeeming about either - the whole thing was a disaster. Gavrilova just seems to be yet another bad-tempered ballbasher and not very far in the way of actual talent. Not to mention, she's short and there's only so much more she's gonna grow. (Putintseva, meanwhile, is not just short but like maybe even smaller than Amanda Coetzer.:tape: ) I could see her becoming another successful junior player who struggles to adjust to the pros, or, perhaps most likely, becoming just another Eastern European Top-15 filler who brings no depth or interest to the sport.

skanky~skanketta
Oct 12th, 2010, 03:05 AM
Ouch.

PerfectForm
Oct 12th, 2010, 06:06 AM
People on this board talk about her like she's the future shit or something. I watched her US Open juniors final against Putintseva and there was really nothing redeeming about either - the whole thing was a disaster. Gavrilova just seems to be yet another bad-tempered ballbasher and not very far in the way of actual talent. Not to mention, she's short and there's only so much more she's gonna grow. (Putintseva, meanwhile, is not just short but like maybe even smaller than Amanda Coetzer.:tape: ) I could see her becoming another successful junior player who struggles to adjust to the pros, or, perhaps most likely, becoming just another Eastern European Top-15 filler who brings no depth or interest to the sport.

This girl knows how to use the BH slice, lob and her brain better than alot of other players. She adapts her tactics and strategy to whoever she is playing. She uses her variety and court sense alot more than she ball-bashes, thats for sure. Her variety and varied shots totally took apart Cepelova's ball-bashing game at the Youth Olympics.

Setsuna.
Oct 12th, 2010, 06:11 AM
A new russian headcase.i think we had enough.:help: