PDA

View Full Version : The Maria should play Bali YEC thread!

Julian.
Oct 5th, 2010, 09:57 AM
Now, we are all know that Maria's chance to qualify for Doha this year is 0 (zero), I really hope she would play Bali! 375 points in offer if she wins there.

Here is the race to Bali and Maria's position right now (I think she will qualify): http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=403768

and also, please don't waste this dress and let it unworn :sobbing:

http://i56.tinypic.com/jqhmd0.jpg

Break My Rapture
Oct 5th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Please not. :lol: She'll get her ass kicked.

slamchamp
Oct 5th, 2010, 04:18 PM
losing in the mm yec is going to be an embarrasment

~MashyOwnThemAll
Oct 5th, 2010, 05:22 PM

+ 1 !!!!!!!!!! :rolls:

Julian.
Oct 5th, 2010, 05:37 PM

How the mighty have fallen :sobbing:

Maria Croft
Oct 5th, 2010, 05:38 PM
How about the Maria should not play again until she can actually win thread?

Julian.
Oct 5th, 2010, 08:03 PM
Maria has qualified to Bali according to this article: http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/sports/bali-womens-tourney-trims-roster-to-eight/399835

Top players such as Li Na, Maria Sharapova and defending champion Aravane Rezai are among those who have qualified to compete in Bali.

But the remaining three International Series tournaments in Linz, Osaka and Luxembourg this month could still produce new qualifiers.

Andy.
Oct 6th, 2010, 05:38 AM
Why would we want her to play this only to see her arse get handed to her yet again. Im sorry I have just all confidene in her. Before we had the injury to blame now we have nothing just her poor form.

Julian.
Oct 6th, 2010, 08:15 AM
^ Remember 2007? She played like crap too before the YEC and suddenly reached the final of YEC and almost won it. And then went on to win Aussie 2008 in spectacular fashion.

We gotta have faith on her I guess :sobbing: Besides, if she can perform well, it is a good chance to improve her year end ranking and set up a better seeding for Aussie next year.

madmax
Oct 6th, 2010, 08:32 AM
How about the Maria should not play again until she can actually win thread?

this unfortunately:sad:

Andy.
Oct 6th, 2010, 08:46 AM
^ Remember 2007? She played like crap too before the YEC and suddenly reached the final of YEC and almost won it. And then went on to win Aussie 2008 in spectacular fashion.

We gotta have faith on her I guess :sobbing: Besides, if she can perform well, it is a good chance to improve her year end ranking and set up a better seeding for Aussie next year.
2007 crap and 2010 are so completely different. I would give anything for 2007 crap right now.

denny5576
Oct 6th, 2010, 11:49 AM
In reality this article confirs the participation not only of Maria, but of all 8 players:

INDONESIA – Agenda International Women’s tennis tournament this year at last stop in Indonesia. Commonwealth Bank Tournament of Champions will be held on the island and a number of world famous tennis player ready to compete.
Located at the Bali International Convention Centre (BICC), The Westin Resort, Nusa Dua, the tournament will take place throughout the 4 to 7 November 2010. Rows of the world’s best tennis player names on the list of confirmed participants.
Yes, they include 2006 Australian Open champion Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Russia pledge Maria Sharapova, tennis icon China’s Li Na, winner of this tournament last Aravane Rezai, and former world number one Ana Ivanovic, who breezed to the wild card.
“An individual’s pride can bring the world’s best tennis players, including Ana Ivanovic,” said tournament director Kevin Livesey, during a press conference at the Grand Hyatt, Jakarta, Tuesday (10/05/2010).
Ivanovic will enliven this tournament, after missing the last few months. Serbian tennis player from the left leg injury last August, until forced to resign after penetrating the Cincinnati semifinals.
Not only Ivanovic, Daniela Hantuchova also participated in track wild card. This is the second time for the fourth time for Ivanovic and Hantuchova in action on the island. In addition to the six players mentioned above, Yanina Wickmayer and Alisa Kleybanova will fulfill the eight participants.
Indeed, none of the name of Indonesian tennis player who took part. According to tournament director, the quality of Homeland tennis tournament has not yet reached this level, until the wild card was not feasible given. The presumption is shared by former world mainstay Red and White, Angelique Wijaya.
“In quality, our players did not yet. So, instead they do not want to love wild card. Thus this should be a reference, not even embarrass myself to expect the wild card,” said Indonesia is the only tennis player ever to enliven the tournament.

http://sportznews.co.cc/ana-ivanovic-in-commonwealth-tournament-1490.html

denny5576
Oct 6th, 2010, 11:50 AM
Ivanovic had already confirmed her acceptance of WC and will be in Bali

Julian.
Oct 6th, 2010, 11:51 AM
According to this Indonesian article, Maria will play Bali: http://sports.okezone.com/read/2010/10/05/39/379416/ana-ivanovic-ramaikan-commonwealth-tournament

Translation:

Sports - Tennis

Ana Ivanovic Ramaikan Commonwealth Tournament
Tuesday, October 5, 2010 - 17:11 pm
TEXT SIZE:
Muhayati Faridatun - Okezone

Photo: Ana Ivanovic (Daylife)
JAKARTA - Events International Women's tennis tournament this year at last stop in Indonesia. Commonwealth Bank Tournament of Champions will be held on the island and a number of world famous tennis player ready to compete.

Located at the Bali International Convention Centre (BICC), The Westin Resort, Nusa Dua, the tournament will take place throughout the 4 to 7 November 2010. Rows of the world's best tennis player names on the list of confirmed participants.

Yes, they include 2006 Australian Open champion Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Russia pledge Maria Sharapova, tennis icon China's Li Na, winner of this tournament last Aravane Rezai, and former world number one Ana Ivanovic, who breezed to the wild card.

"An individual's pride can bring the world's best tennis players, including Ana Ivanovic," said tournament director Kevin Livesey, during a press conference at the Grand Hyatt, Jakarta, Tuesday (10/05/2010).

Ivanovic will enliven this tournament, after missing the last few months. Serbian tennis player from the left leg injury last August, until forced to resign after penetrating the Cincinnati semifinals.

Not only Ivanovic, Daniela Hantuchova also participated in track wild card. This is the second time for the fourth time for Ivanovic and Hantuchova in action on the island. In addition to the six players mentioned above, Yanina Wickmayer and Alisa Kleybanova will fulfill the eight participants.

Indeed, none of the name of Indonesian tennis player who took part. According to tournament director, the quality of Homeland tennis tournament has not yet reached this level, until the wild card was not feasible given. The presumption is shared by former world mainstay Red and White, Angelique Wijaya.

"In quality, our players did not yet. So, instead they do not want to love wild card. Thus this should be a reference, not even embarrass myself to expect the wild card," said Indonesia is the only tennis player ever to enliven the tournament.
(FMH)

~MashyOwnThemAll
Oct 6th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Ivanovic had already confirmed her acceptance of WC and will be in Bali

this is disgusting. Sorry.

Julian.
Oct 6th, 2010, 12:09 PM
According to this Indonesian article, Sharapova, Li and Rezai have qualified for bali and been confirmed to play. Ivanovic and Hantuchova are awarded the 2 wildcards. SO those 5 players are confirmed participants of this year's Bali YEC. 3 more waiting.

http://us.detiksport.com/read/2010/10/06/102149/1456740/79/bali-menyambut-maria-sharapova

Google translation:

Wednesday, 06/10/2010 10:21 pm
Commonwealth Bank Tournament of Champions
Bali Welcomes Maria Sharapova
Andi Abdullah Sururi - detiksport

http://us.detiksport.com/images/content/2010/10/06/79/mariasharapova.jpg

Jakarta - Bali international tennis tournament held titled Commonwealth Bank Tournament of Champions. One of the top players scheduled to participate are former number one player, Maria Sharapova.

Sharapova entered the list of players already qualified this tournament, which had won the title in this year. Russian tennis player who is domiciled in the United States, though not too brilliant at this season, won the title in Memphis and Strasbourg in February and May.

Other players confirmed to compete in Nusa Dua on November 4 to 7 it is Chinese star Li Na. He became one of the players shine at this year include the semi-finals thanks to its success through the Australian Open and Wimbledon quarterfinals.

Li Na had Wismilak International tournament in 2005 and defeated Lindsay Davenport in the semifinals. He currently sits ranked 15th in the WTA list.

France's Iranian descent, Arevane Rezai also will defend his title in Bali. Last year he won the Commonwealth Bank Tournament of Champions by defeating Marion Bartoli in action peak.

Like last year, tennis-tennis player who was invited to cover the tournament in Bali this year are those who have won trophies this year, also based on the WTA rankings.

If last year followed by 12, this year only eight players selected to join this tournament. They are the best tennis player of the Division of International Sony Ericsson WTA Tour, plus two Wild Card of the facility.

Two candidates given special facilities are Ana Ivanovic and Daniela Hantuchova. Ivanovic has appeared on Bali in 2006, while Hantuchova was four times including last year.

Except for five players, three others still can not clear because it is still awaiting the results of three tournaments again, namely in Linz, Osaka, and Luxembourg. Yanina Wickmayer candidate among others, Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova and Alisa Kleybanova.

"A pride can bring in one of Asia's best tennis player, Li Na, as well as defending champion Arevane Rezai at the Commonwealth Bank Tournament of Champions," tournament director Kevin Livesey said in a press conference at the Grand Hyatt Hotel, Jakarta, Tuesday (4 / 10/2010).

"Yanina Wickmayer also will return to play in this tahiun, along with two wild card players who are familiar in Bali, Ana Ivanovic and Daniela Hantuchova," he continued.

This year the tournament no longer use the system but a round robin elimination system. If lost, they immediately fall. This event is still held at an indoor field of The Westin Resort, Nusa Dua. Winners will receive prize money of 210 thousand U.S. dollars, while the runner up 120 thousand dollars. Total prize provided is 600 thousand dollars. (A2s / Roz)

Marilyn Monheaux
Oct 6th, 2010, 12:12 PM
I thought Maria qualified months ago, but it's up to her if she wants to play there.:confused:

Marilyn Monheaux
Oct 6th, 2010, 12:13 PM
this is disgusting. Sorry.

:wavey: deal with it. Sorry.

Julian.
Oct 6th, 2010, 12:18 PM
I thought Maria qualified months ago, but it's up to her if she wants to play there.:confused:

Yeah and that article pretty much confirms she will play there :lol:

joćo.
Oct 6th, 2010, 01:11 PM
She needs to play if we want her to comeback to her best level, I'm obviously not super excited about it considering her recent matches :unsure: but oh well at least we'll get to see her play anyway and she'll still be training, I guess.
And if she does bad then I'm sure she'll work very hard during the off season.
Plus, if we don't want her to play so she doesn't lose, do we want her to retire then? :shrug:

Julian.
Oct 6th, 2010, 01:17 PM
She needs to play if we want her to comeback to her best level, I'm obviously not super excited about it considering her recent matches :unsure: but oh well at least we'll get to see her play anyway and she'll still be training, I guess.
And if she does bad then I'm sure she'll work very hard during the off season.
Plus, if we don't want her to play so she doesn't lose, do we want her to retire then? :shrug:

This basically :lol::yeah:

cyannnnn
Oct 6th, 2010, 01:34 PM
the good thing is she still will play tennis
the bad, she plays very very bad

denny5576
Oct 6th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Maria's agent confirmed today to Moscow tournament organizers that Maria will not play any tournament this year. Her season has ended.

~MashyOwnThemAll
Oct 6th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Maria's agent confirmed today to Moscow tournament organizers that Maria will not play any tournament this year. Her season has ended.

:banana:

Mrs. Dimitrova
Oct 6th, 2010, 02:43 PM
:o

Julian.
Oct 6th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Maria Sharapova has withdrawn from Kremlin Cup - 2010

As the agent of the well-known Russian tennis-player has informed the 2010 Kremlin Cup press-service, Maria finishes her tennis season and will not play tournaments this year anymore, including 2010-Kremlin Cup.

http://www.kremlincup.ru/db/news/1471

I guess that includes Bali as well :spit:

Andy.
Oct 6th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Im releaved!!!! I really didnt want to see her playing anymore this year. Hopefully after a short break she can start to get her game back with some hard work.

Shimizu Amon
Oct 6th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Maria's not going to play anymore this year. Thankfully.

Kitten63
Oct 6th, 2010, 09:18 PM
It's a goodd decesion but I still kind of wished she would play Moscow.

I hope she gets her act together in time for Australia.

MaitaBaby
Oct 6th, 2010, 10:44 PM
:o

Maria's going to play Bali. LOL at you who thought she wouldn't.

She'll play Bali all right. ;)