PDA

View Full Version : Caroline's first Beijing match postponed due to stomach infection

kman
Oct 4th, 2010, 01:52 PM
Her haters' jinx spell seems to be working :p

http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden_sport/tennis/article1424483.ece

She will play Wednesday now.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Oct 4th, 2010, 01:54 PM
When did they start postphoning matches because one player is not feeling well?

Droolv
Oct 4th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Since when do they postphone matches if a player is not feeling well?

This.

The Witch-king
Oct 4th, 2010, 01:55 PM
They should have made her play today

BuTtErFrEnA
they have the ability to do that...it's up to the tournament if they want to use their discretion so it's not uncommon

Just Do It
What the fuck :weirdo:

Was Carolines name already on the OOP ?

Lucemferre
Favoritism already :help:

goldenlox
They're also holding Elena until Wednesday

Pasta-Na
postponed... she'd withdraw... she did the same thing to na li in AO. :o

Mrs. Dimitrova
Oct 4th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Is that allowed? :lol:

Papillon.
Oct 4th, 2010, 01:56 PM

EuroSport just said otherwise.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Oct 4th, 2010, 01:58 PM
they have the ability to do that...it's up to the tournament if they want to use their discretion so it's not uncommon

Yes it is uncommon :weirdo: When was the last time you saw a tournament postphone a match because one player was suffering from an infection?

Mountain Ana
Oct 4th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Not fair really :rolleyes:

joćo.
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:00 PM

Isn't she playing tomorrow?

A-Bond
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:00 PM
I think she complained last year because she was forced to play on sunday and she wasn't feeling well :lol: She was pretty pissed after her loss to MJMS :)

goldenlox
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:02 PM
I was wrong. Lena is playing tomorrow. I thought her match would be on the big court

Kworb
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Absolutely ridiculous. Beijing should be removed from the calendar.

itzhak
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:03 PM
so, she will play in the next day, what is the problem?

goldenlox
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:04 PM
As long as she plays 1 match a day, its seems okay.
I was hoping Lena would get another day also.

Serenus Christ
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:04 PM
Absolutely ridiculous. Beijing should be removed from the calendar.

:lol:

but it is quite shit isn't it.

ElusiveChanteuse
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:05 PM
:confused: I think she should give a W/O win to her opponent.:shrug:

TennisFan66
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Her haters' jinx spell seems to be working :p

http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden_sport/tennis/article1424483.ece

She will play Wednesday now.

There is no such thing as a 'jinx'. There is no boogey man; Loch Ness monster or green aliens. According to Stephen Hawkins, they are much more likely to be grey!

soul
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:07 PM
So,anybody shoul have the chance of postponning the matches due to the ilnesses then;this attitude is against the justice of sports...............

Mikey.
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:07 PM
Yes it is uncommon :weirdo: When was the last time you saw a tournament postphone a match because one player was suffering from an infection?

I know it's not the same thing... but I remember they postponed Nadal's R1 match (and some of the matches in his section) at the FO last year so he could rest after a long clay season.

WozLolz
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Get well soon, Caroline! :hearts:

Destiny awaits.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:10 PM
I know it's not the same thing... but I remember they postponed Nadal's R1 match (and some of the matches in his section) the FO last year so he could rest after a long clay season.

Fatigue is the reason why last year they had byes for the players who reached the semis or more of a tournament which was held right before the on-going on.

Stomach infections/personal problems etc. dont deserve this special treatment :shrug:

Njalle
I don't think this is okay. It is not uncommon for an unfit player to play anyway.

Lucemferre
I know it's not the same thing... but I remember they postponed Nadal's R1 match (and some of the matches in his section) at the FO last year so he could rest after a long clay season.

He is a proven champion so it's understandable but what has wozniacki done to deserve this so early?

Feyd
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:11 PM
Oh, let's reward GOATniacki for getting sick. Beijing. :rolleyes:

QueenBee
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Totally unfair. I remember Venus' debut in YEC'99 postponed to Thursday because of her examination.

Matt01
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Fatigue is the reason why last year they had byes for the players who reached the semis or more of a tournament which was held right before the on-going on.

Stomach infections/personal problems etc. dont deserve this special treatment :shrug:

You're not the one to decide which players deserves which treatment for which reason. It's up to the tournament organizers to make the schedule and they can schedule any player of the tourney to play wherever, whenever they want.

Boreas
Why would the organizers want to lose the only star of this tournament? It's completely logical.

Pops Maellard
Stay strong Caroline.
http://i44.tinypic.com/96j0np.jpg

Miss Atomic Bomb
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:19 PM
You're not the one to decide which players deserves which treatment for which reason. It's up to the tournament organizers to make the schedule and they can schedule any player of the tourney to play wherever, whenever they want.

I am not :shrug: I am expressing my opinions, or is it that hard to understand?

Pops Maellard
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Why would the organizers want to lose the only star of this tournament? It's completely logical.

Sharapova, Ana still in. ;)

Michael!
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:20 PM

calling Wozniacki a star makes me sick :hysteric:

Hian
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:21 PM
Please retire.

madmax
Oh OK...so how about rewarding Sharapova for playing sick then - maybe she should have been given another chance to beat Kimiko then?:unsure:

Richie's
Poor Caro... Well, It's not that easy to be the No 1 player in the World :woohoo:

But Caroline, do your best baby!!

Boreas
Sharapova, Ana still in. ;)

When it comes to winning the matches they appear to be unreliable. The case for quite some time

Matt01
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:22 PM
I am not :shrug: I am expressing my opinions, or is it that hard to understand?

You're wrong, is that so hard to understand? :wavey:

Matt01
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Please retire.

Howe many times have you posted that already here? :lol:

Miss Atomic Bomb
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Tournaments shouldnt be scheduled around a single player's health.

You're wrong, is that so hard to understand? :wavey:

If thats what you feel, stick with it :shrug:

Serenita
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Wta Should remove Beijing from calender.

Boreas
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:25 PM
calling Wozniacki a star makes me sick :hysteric:

She's sweet, genuine, good looking, blonde, wins lots of matches and actually plays a full schedule.

She's a tennis star:shrug:

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:26 PM

a tournament has the discretion to do it...if not players wouldn't ask...what's hard to understand about that

and didn't you have me on ignore? :lol:

TennisFan66
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Tournaments shouldnt be scheduled around a single player's health.

Oh is thats whats going on? Here I was thinking that it was just one match, postponed one day. How wrong I was ..

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:27 PM

GS don't give byes...so they used the discretionary power they have to give a player the opportunity to be in the best shape to play their tournament

Pops Maellard
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Caro has the chance to be #1 here, these are hardly ordinary circumstances, which Beijing organizers realize. :devil:

Miss Atomic Bomb
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:29 PM
a tournament has the discretion to do it...if not players wouldn't ask...what's hard to understand about that

Dont change the point, you said its not uncommon to see these types of things happen. I asked you when was the last time you saw a player get her match postponed because of a sickness, especially when she already has a late start so there is no fatigue in play either.

and didn't you have me on ignore? :lol:

I guess I have learnt to tolerate ignorant homophobic (http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=14618519&postcount=77) comments (http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=16627861&postcount=16)....

Michael!
She's sweet, genuine, good looking, blonde, wins lots of matches and actually plays a full schedule.

She's a tennis star:shrug:

:spit:
genuine and sweet, yeah, just remember her genuine and sweet reaction when Sabine bumped into her, yeah, the way she reacted there was just great :hearts:

anyway, if she was supposed to play tomorrow then she should play tomorrow, if she doesnt feel well, it is her problem,then she has to try it or withdraw, I remember Graf asked to play on a Wednesday her first match at a GS, and they refused back then and she had to play Tuesday then, so well, Wozniacki was free to ask for it but organizers should never have changed the schedule, that really sucks!

Hian
Howe many times have you posted that already here? :lol:

First time in this thread.
100000000000000 time in this site for every tournament she plays.

wateva
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:30 PM
i wonder if sharapova asked for a late start too? (at least play today instead of sunday) :shrug:

shaktincredible
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Beijing try to dethrone Serena from #1 spot :hysteric:

Pops Maellard
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:31 PM
:spit:
genuine and sweet, yeah, just remember her genuine and sweet reaction when Sabine bumped into her, yeah, the way she reacted there was just great :hearts:

anyway, if she was supposed to play tomorrow then she should play tomorrow, if she doesnt feel well, it is her problem,then she has to try it or withdraw, I remember Graf asked to play on a Wednesday her first match at a GS, and they refused back then and she had to play Tuesday then, so well, Wozniacki was free to ask for it but organizers should never have changed the schedule, that really sucks!

Well, Sabine was up 6-4 5-4 at that stage. ;) She was bound to be a bit pissed. :lol:

Michael!
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Well, Sabine was up 6-4 5-4 at that stage. ;) She was bound to be a bit pissed. :lol:

she totally overreacted, what a bitch back then, showed her real face to me there :D

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Dont change the point, you said its not uncommon to see these types of things happen. I asked you when was the last time you saw a player get her match postponed because of a sickness, especially when she already has a late start so there is no fatigue in play either.

Since you have eased up on your homophobic comments....

it's called discretion...i said it's not uncommon for a tournament to use their discretion :lol: and in this case they have used it because someone was sick...this would make a difference if they were asking someone to start a few days off what they would usually start on :lol:

and you should put me back on ignore :lol:

Pops Maellard
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:33 PM
she totally overreacted, what a bitch back then, showed her real face to me there :D

Caro's all smiles as long as she's winning. ;) But when things aren't going her way in matches she often has mini-bitch fits.

But whatever, I undertstand the Beijing organisers decision.

Bennguin1491
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:34 PM
I'd be willing to bet that this happens a lot more than we actually hear about.

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:35 PM

exactly...:lol:

Miss Atomic Bomb
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:37 PM
it's called discretion...i said it's not uncommon for a tournament to use their discretion :lol: and in this case they have used it because someone was sick...this would make a difference if they were asking someone to start a few days off what they would usually start on :lol:

Ye, so every match of Jankovic/Bartoli/ and all the other player who frequently have health issues are supposed to be postphoned?

And you still couldnt comeup with instances where this 'not so uncommon thing' was evident :lol: Skirting along the main issue I see :lol:

Are you implying that you still havent given up on your homophobia (http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=14618519&postcount=77)and thats why I should put you back on ignore?

kman
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Wow, 4 pages already. Caroline is the talk of town.

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Ye, so every match of Jankovic/Bartoli/ and all the other player who frequently have health issues are supposed to be postphoned?

And you still couldnt comeup with instances where this 'not so uncommon thing' was evident :lol: Skirting along the main issue I see :lol:

Are you saying you still havent given up on your homophobia?

do you know the meaning of "discretion" :lol:

and you can call me whatever you like it's not really affecting my life...but if it's a problem for you then :lol:

Graf~Dokic
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:40 PM
I think it's very unfair towards other players. If she isn't able to play the match when it's scheduled, she has to withdraw, that's it... :shrug:

brickhousesupporter
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:41 PM

Are you implying that you still havent given up on your homophobia (http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=14618519&postcount=77)and thats why I should put you back on ignore?

and you can call me whatever you like it's not really affecting my life...but if it's a problem for you then :lol:

Let's not argue in front of company...........

Matt01
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:42 PM
I think it's very unfair towards other players. If she isn't able to play the match when it's scheduled, she has to withdraw, that's it... :shrug:

That's the whole point. Her match won't be schedule for tomorrow.

The Dawntreader

As if players get special dispensation with such regularity. It would obviously set up a ridiculous precedent. The reasons for this seem totally unjustified.

And it's hillarious how the Wozniacki sycophants have totally endorsed this. If any other player had got this reprieve, they'd be burn at the stake.

slamchamp
:o But another reason to feed the haters:devil:

kman

Nah. She's VIP now.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:43 PM

Obviously you dont, since you cannot find instances of where else this not-so-uncommon-form-of-discretion was used :lol:

As if players get special dispensation with such regularity. It would obviously set up a ridiculous precedent. The reasons for this seem totally unjustified.

And it's hillarious how the Wozniacki sycophants have totally endorsed this. If any other player had got this reprieve, they'd be burn at the stake.

This pretty much sums it up :worship:

And this too!

Juju Nostalgique
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:44 PM
What the PUSH? :weirdo:

WO WO WO WO WO WO!!! :weirdo:

Graf~Dokic
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:44 PM
That's the whole point. Her match won't be schedule for tomorrow.

But wasn't her match originally scheduled for today? :confused:

goldenlox
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:45 PM
They can give her 2 months to get healthy, and Errani will still beat her

Feyd
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Scheduling a 2nd round game as last on the last day of 2nd round matches (which is Tuesday) because someone is sick is called 'discretion'. Postponing a 2nd round match to the day of the 3rd round matches (which is Wednesday) is called 'blatant favouritism'.

kman
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Scheduling 2nd round game as last on the last day of 2nd round matches (which is Tuesday) because someone is sick is called 'discretion'. Postponing a 2nd round match to the day of the 3rd round matches (which is Wednesday) is called 'blatant favouritism'.

That's how it is. On this board people spend their time hating on her because they're a bunch of losers. Out in the real world people favor her. From New Haven to Beijing. She's the new "IT" girl and the #1 spot shall be hers.

TennisFan66
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:59 PM

2 month to get over a stomach infection? I certainly hope not. If one day will make a difference, maybe not. We'll see. I still remember Tokyo/Beijing 09 ..

C. W. Fields
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:02 PM
As long as it doesn't push the whole tournament it's not that big a deal. If Caro/Sara goes all the way now she'll just have to play every day Wednesday to Sunday instead of having one day off.

Vikapower
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:02 PM
That's how it is. On this board people spend their time hating on her because they're a bunch of losers. Out in the real world people favor her. From New Haven to Beijing. She's the new "IT" girl and the #1 spot shall be hers.
:lol: I agree with you.

cn ireland
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Poor Caro, hope she's better soon:)!

But the postponement is pretty unusual.

kman
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:05 PM
:lol: I agree with you.

How does that crow taste? :lol:

C. W. Fields
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:05 PM

Because the Wozniacki sycophants are infamous for their hateful attitude towards other players!!

Vikapower
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:12 PM
How does that crow taste ? :lol:
What crow ? :shrug: I'm also starting to get fed up with the Caro hating on TF - I told Ryan that I was going to make an effort on Caro and on my attitude on GM... :)

So... I don't see no problems there are in giving Caro 2-3 days more to recap and win the tournament... I must admit this is useless hating since anyways Caro will lost, just useless talk and hating as usual. :)

TennisFan66
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Because the Wozniacki sycophants are infamous for their hateful attitude towards other players!!

I know CWF, we are such a nasty bunch. Always trolling other players threads and showing our nastiness :lol: I have a suggestion for a new club name. How about:

CARO'S ANGELS? ... or is the association too much towards Charlie and too litttle towards Hell?

LUVMIRZA
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:16 PM
How does that crow taste? :lol:

wen was ur ban lifted:mad: I thought they'll allow u to post only after u reach 16:sad:

FORZA SARITA
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:21 PM
more time for sara to rest and kick her ass :)

slamchamp
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:22 PM
kman posting again:o I can't stand more than one annoying caro fan:sobbing: (kman or tennisfan66)

Inger67
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:28 PM
I personally want Caro to be #1 but I also do not think this is right. Tournaments should not be able to postpone matches for players because of illnesses, it's the same as a hampering injury in my mind and you don't see other tournaments doing so for players that they may know are injured.

Cp6uja
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:30 PM
With health problems... or without health problems... two players which played final previous week in general should to play LAST DAY theirs first match when that round is playing :shrug:

No big deal, and good to see also Dementieva playing her R2 match also in Wednesday.

kman
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:34 PM
What crow ? :shrug: I'm also starting to get fed up with the Caro hating on TF - I told Ryan that I was going to make an effort on Caro and on my attitude on GM...
I'm impressed.

ZODIAC
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:36 PM
get well soon Sunshine...

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:36 PM
I personally want Caro to be #1 but I also do not think this is right. Tournaments should not be able to postpone matches for players because of illnesses, it's the same as a hampering injury in my mind and you don't see other tournaments doing so for players that they may know are injured.

if i recall correctly didn't the usopen give roddick a day extra when he asked?

players ask because tournaments CAN do it...it's up to the tournament if they want to grant the player such...

if it was always going to be a no and the tournament couldn't then players wouldn't ask...

watchdogfish
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Wednesday? The 1st round started on Saturday that means they should finish the 2nd round by Tuesday.

It's really not fair to hold over a match because of a stomach infection. Wasn't Sharapova sick yesterday? She still had to play whereas Zvonareva and Safina got to play their 1st round match today.

goldenlox
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:40 PM
I dont even think it will help.
Wozniacki just played a full week in Japan and now she is ill.
I dont see a big result coming this week.

Judio
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:41 PM
They shouldn't be starting a tournament on a Saturday in the first place !!!

goldenlox
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Its like IW and Miami. Its bigger than a 1 week tournament.
Ivanovic called it a 9 day tournament in facebook

Ana Ivanovic (http://www.facebook.com/anaivanovic)Considering this is a nine-day tournament I was expecting to play my first match on Sunday but the extra day gives me more time to get used to the conditions. On Friday I did a fashion photo shoot. It was my first in a long time, so I enjoyed the opportunity to dress up. The driver got lost on the way there and we got ...

Slutiana
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:46 PM
The thing is that it's not even a first round match. She already had her bye, that should be enough.

I missed you and your delusional self. Welcome back, Pete. :hearts:

LCS
Already diva treatment and she isn't number 1/slam winner yet... :rolleyes: Can't wait for Serena to return and show who's boss.

Zamboni
In my dreams:awww:

It does indeed. Players ask for (and get) late starts all the time.
This might be a bit extreme but it doesn't warrant all the Caro-hate going on in here.

Vincey!
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:47 PM
As I don't think it's fair to postpone her match BECAUSE she's not feeling well, you can often see a player who just made the final of a previous event getting a late start in her next event :shrug: THIS is not uncommon. Caro won last week so I don't see a problem. It's a bit stupid to say that it's because she was sick though, it clearly makes drama for nothing.

pwayne
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Besides Caroline and Sara, Angelique and Alexandra will not play their 2nd round match until Wednesday

joćo.
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:49 PM
The thing is that it's not even a first round match. She already had her bye, that should be enough.

This.

FORZA SARITA
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:51 PM
As I don't think it's fair to postpone her match BECAUSE she's not feeling well, you can often see a player who just made the final of a previous event getting a late start in her next event :shrug: THIS is not uncommon. Caro won last week so I don't see a problem. It's a bit stupid to say that it's because she was sick though, it clearly makes drama for nothing.

she had already a bye,that's enough :rolleyes:

Vikapower
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:52 PM
It's really not fair to hold over a match because of a stomach infection. Wasn't Sharapova sick yesterday? She still had to play whereas Zvonareva and Safina got to play their 1st round match today.
True for Maria but looks like everyone wants Caro for that inevitable #1 spot so this is not very surprising the real deal is will that beneficiate Caroline... I think not we'll see.

That's why they invented the BYE now postponing someone's match because they're sick is clear favoritism... you're sick you simply withdraw... Caro's "name" played a big role into this... but hey who cares she losing anyway in the early rounds.

SAEKeithSerena
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:53 PM
that's ALLOWED? shame on the wta.

LCS
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:54 PM

Sure but the final of Tokyo was played on Saturday...that's a full 4 days of rest.

Usually when there's a case of two finalists playing the week afterwards it's 2 or 3 days tops before the next match.

And had not been for Caroline's diarrhoea she would be playing Tuesday and not Wednesday.

Umberella
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:54 PM
I'm a Woz fan and want her to reach the number one spot, but not sure I agree with this decision. It's not fair to give preferential treatment to one player but not others. That being said, 2R matches are still being played on that day so it's not too much of a stretch. All Caro did was request a postponement, and the organisers allowed it. You can't blame the girl for trying.

I definitely understand the organiser's trying to help Caro - I mean her match to perhaps gain the number one spot is a very marketable opportunity. They want her to get to that stage of the tournament and exploit that publicity they can gain. So it does make sense.

Is it fair? Probably not. Does that matter? Not really.

As people have said before though, this probably does happen in other tournaments without the public hearing about it. But more important than all of that, I just hope Caro gets better and recovers well from her infection. Give a good match :)

Zamboni
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Just to mention, Sara played 2 long matches today, spent over 3.5h on court (2h13min and 1h25m), I'm sure she doesn't mind to only play doubles tomorrow:shrug:

I don't think this extra day will influence the outcome of the match. Both get an extra day rest, and both can use it.

Vincey!
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:57 PM
This.

she had already a bye,that's enough :rolleyes:

Yeah, but because she has a BYE doesn't mean she has to play the first match on the first day of the 2nd round matches lol. She won't be the only 2nd round match play that day, so they won't be behind on their schedule. As it's a first match for her and that Errani has played today, it's not a big deal. I mean it's not like if Errani had played her first round match on Sunday and she had 2 days break to play Caro on Wed. She's the #1 seed probably one of the biggest name in the draw (like it or not it's reality) she just won a tournment last week. They'll do everything they can to make her play on the big court as late as they can, that way she'll be rested and they will have better chance to see her on the final day. A big tournment always wants their seeds to go as far as they can, and they have done and will still do everything they can to make it happen.

I just think it's a bit unfair to hate on her because of that, I think it's a bit silly to have given that has a reason, they should have kept that info for themselve. If they would have just announced her match on wednesday, that wouldn't even had made a thread on here. it's just drama over something that is not even an issue. Because I don't see any thread about Dulgheru's match taht is played Wed too.

TennisFan66
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:57 PM
With health problems... or without health problems... two players which played final previous week in general should to play LAST DAY theirs first match when that round is playing :shrug:

No big deal, and good to see also Dementieva playing her R2 match also in Wednesday.

Oh, so its for both Tokyo finalists their R2 match in Beijing will be scheduled Wednesday? If so, it sounds more like Beijing organizers just did the sensible thing; schedule allowing and played Tokyo finanlists as late as possible .. stomach infection or not or does Elena have a stomach infection too?

kman posting again:o I can't stand more than one annoying caro fan:sobbing: (kman or tennisfan66)

You know 'slamchamp' imo it doesn't matter whom a poster support as long the discussion is conducted in an appropriate, adult manner. As for being annoying .. well .. you could for starters stop visiting Caro threads or use ignore. How's that for a suggestion?

slamchamp
Oct 4th, 2010, 04:14 PM
You know 'slamchamp' imo it doesn't matter whom a poster support as long the discussion is conducted in an appropriate, adult manner. As for being annoying .. well .. you could for starters stop visiting Caro threads or use ignore. How's that for a suggestion? The last thing I'd do is take a suggestion from you:lol: bye

Mrs. Dimitrova
Oct 4th, 2010, 04:20 PM
The last thing I'd do is take a suggestion from you:lol: bye

:lol: Shot.

Nicolas
Oct 4th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Why does this need a f*cking thread?

At the end of the day (the tournament), Wozniacki's gonna be n°1 and haters gonna hate..... :drool:

50Sense
Oct 4th, 2010, 04:41 PM
It does seem a bit unfair but it doesn't really shakeup the outlook of the tourney.

Haha anyone remember in 2002 when Serena got hurt in Sydney but they wouldn't give her a late start in Australia so she withdrew?? Little did they know...

GreenGrass
Oct 4th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Hope she'll be fine for the match :)

mariavikafan
Oct 4th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Why does this need a f*cking thread?

At the end of the day (the tournament), Wozniacki's gonna be n°1 and haters gonna hate..... :drool:

There is no hatred towards her she can steal the N1 spot she won't steal majors. Fair enough.

Nicolas
Oct 4th, 2010, 04:46 PM
There is no hatred towards her she can steal the N1 spot she won't steal majors. Fair enough.

:confused:

Meelis
Oct 4th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Oh, so its for both Tokyo finalists their R2 match in Beijing will be scheduled Wednesday?

Dementieva is scheduled to play tomorrow. Wozniacki-Errani and Dulgheru-Kerber are only R2 matches to be played on Wednesday.

kman
Oct 4th, 2010, 04:48 PM
The last thing I'd do is take a suggestion from you:lol: bye

What if he suggests you to keep on living?

Would you kill yourself then?

mariavikafan
Oct 4th, 2010, 04:49 PM
:confused:

:lol: she will be a slamless N1 we saw that in the past she is not the first and hopefully the last one.

Dodoboy.
Oct 4th, 2010, 04:52 PM
Why can't you all just wish her well, and hope she's fine to play on Wednesday!

DragonFlame
Oct 4th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Players can always ask for a later start, a lot of players happen to do that actually once in a while, its to the tournament's discretion what they do with it. Apparently now they honoured it?

Please don't make a big deal of this, its totally unnecessary. :o

TennisFan66
Oct 4th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Dementieva is scheduled to play tomorrow. Wozniacki-Errani and Dulgheru-Kerber are only R2 matches to be played on Wednesday.

Meelis, thank you.

Nicolas
Oct 4th, 2010, 04:56 PM
:lol: she will be a slamless N1 we saw that in the past she is not the first and hopefully the last one.

Does that make her a thief?

Whitehead's Boy
Oct 4th, 2010, 04:57 PM
It would only be "unfair" if there would be no other second round matches the next day. But there are. So what the hell is "unfair"?

And, of course it's allowed by the WTA. Why wouldn't it be? Again, it would only be unfair if no second round match would be planned the next day.

As for tournament directors "helping" top players, nothing new. The Canadian Open would schedule Graf or Seles 1/8F match on Wednesday (instead of Thursday) to give them a break so they would only have to play 3 matches in a row Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Break My Rapture
Oct 4th, 2010, 05:02 PM
:spit:!!!!

That's ridiculious.

mariavikafan
Oct 4th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Does that make her a thief?

To me? Yeah.

slamchamp
Oct 4th, 2010, 05:05 PM
What if he suggests you to keep on living?

Would you kill yourself then?

omg you're so bright

goldenlox
Oct 4th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Players can always ask for a later start, a lot of players happen to do that actually once in a while, its to the tournament's discretion what they do with it. Apparently now they honoured it?

Please don't make a big deal of this, its totally unnecessary. :oYeah, its nothing. Its not even the only 2nd round match Wednesday

M.P
Oct 4th, 2010, 05:16 PM
well if they can finish on schedule what's wrong with it

JN
Oct 4th, 2010, 05:28 PM

She'll only be keeping it warm for its current and rightful owner.

matty
Oct 4th, 2010, 05:30 PM

wow--doesn't sound fair at all--she should play just like anyone else would have to.

MaBaker
Oct 4th, 2010, 05:37 PM
Whatever..as long as she lose that match and then get a permanent ban from tennis.

DownInAHole
Oct 4th, 2010, 05:42 PM
I'm not sure what I think about this. On the one hand I agree that all players should be treated the same and that if she is sick she either plays sick or Errani gets a walkover. But, and someone please correct me if I am wrong, Caroline's first match was never given a set date. It's not as if the schedule for that day was announced and she did not play on that day. After each day's matches are done the schedule for the next day is announced. Because she had a first round bye Caroline's first match was never announced as having a set day/time. Am I clutching at straws here? Maybe, but I do not think this is quite as bad as some folks do.

stangtennis
Oct 4th, 2010, 05:43 PM
Her match was moved before tomorrows schedule has been even been published.
Postponing opening round matches like this happens all the time when players are sick or come late from last weeks tournamnet. But usually the organizers or players doesn't tell about it.

Break My Rapture
Oct 4th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Whatever..as long as she lose that match and then get a permanent ban from tennis.
:hysteric: :sobbing:

Matt01
Oct 4th, 2010, 05:50 PM

You guys are hilarious :lol:

But I think pathetic would be the better word..:tape:

Break My Rapture
Oct 4th, 2010, 05:51 PM
You guys are hilarious :lol:

But I think pathetic would be the better word..:tape:
Pathetic as in hitting 2 winners in 1 match?

JN
Oct 4th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Her match was moved before tomorrows schedule has been even been published.
Postponing opening round matches like this happens all the time when players are sick or come late from last weeks tournamnet. But usually the organizers or players doesn't tell about it.

Then how would you know it "happens all the time."

Matt01
Oct 4th, 2010, 05:56 PM
Pathetic as in hitting 2 winners in 1 match?

Do you know anything about tennis? The goal in tennis is to win your matches and not to hit as many winners as possible.

Hian
Oct 4th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Do you know anything about tennis? The goal in tennis is to win your matches and not to hit as many winners as possible.

Do you know anything about entertainment? Is is somthing which Wozniacki cannot give you. Imagine a dog and a red fish: a red fish is boring, but a dog makes you happy :p

FORZA SARITA
Oct 4th, 2010, 06:02 PM
Do you know anything about entertainment? Is is somthing which Wozniacki cannot give you. Imagine a dog and a red fish: a red fish is boring, but a dog makes you happy :p

OMFG :spit:
leave alone magikarp :lol:

Nicolas
Oct 4th, 2010, 06:03 PM

Who is the dog?

Zamboni
Oct 4th, 2010, 06:03 PM
Enough hating.