PDA

View Full Version : Beijing 2R: BoJJ def. JJ 46 62 62

fouc
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:51 PM
best performance of a newcomer I've seen in 2010 :worship:
not much power, no serve to speak of, but great aggressive, ambitious and thoughtful tennis with very little UE. great return too.
passive, moonballing JJ helped though :o

ED fan forever
Bojana was absolutely incredible in this match.
Jelena actually played well, Bojana would have hit anyone off the court with this performance.
:worship::worship:
Great movement and a big hitter, I predict a bright future...

Steven.
wowwww Jovanovski has completely won me over. GOAT-forehand :worship:

keep going deeper in this tournament baby girlllll. totes rock my socks.

Pasta-Na
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:52 PM
R2 or R3? :o jj :rolleyes:

Mashabator
:hearts::hearts: Well Done Bojana!

VIKA?
GOATnovski:worship:

Jaja:hug:

Lucemferre
BoJJ :lol:

Papillon.
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Bojana!!!!!! :bounce:

Caralenko
So great to see her come through qualies and score a big win, just sucks that she had to draw Jelena.

Keep it moving, BJ :D

-NAJ-
Congrats to Bojana. She played well

Chakvenus
poor JJ...
there really wasn't much she could do today - jovanovski was just cracking the ball.
but plenty of missed opportunities for the empress.

Mrs. Dimitrova
Bojana has a new fan here. :wavey:

She really really really impressed me. Her winners :hearts: close your eyes and she sounds exactly like Rezai. She played great today. Well, well done. :yeah: Need a bit of work on the second serve though.

Sean.
I only watched the last game, it was brilliant from Bojana. :worship:

Big win for her.

Steven.
R2 or R3? :o jj :rolleyes:

loool I got a little excited. I changed it anyway.

Shoalin
Wow. Great player this Jovanovski!

Mikey.
:lol: Awful match but well done Bojana for stepping up today and taking charge.

Marilyn Monheaux
Whatever, JJ. Whatever.

Huntress55
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:54 PM
:woohoo:

Just Do It
Bojana played amazing. Jelena wasnt bad either but she was too passive as usual, waiting for errors ... I guess no YEC for JJ :(

The Witch-king
JJ u a mess

Droolv
Bojana played amazing, well done! :worship:

WhoAmI?
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:56 PM
:worship: great display there Bojana, keep on going:D

ZODIAC
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:57 PM
is JJ still injured..

Cp6uja
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Beijing 2R: BoJJ def. JJ 46 62 62In Serbia nobody calling Bojana Jovanovski BoJJ :confused:
She is more known like Boj-ANA :shrug:

Renalicious
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Wasn't really impressed with Bojana in the first set with the massive break-fest going on between the two, but she definitely got better towards the end.

Jelena :help: I actually thought she was horrific at times. Just so lost on the court, on the surface it seemed like nothing much had changed about her game but oh my God, where is her spirit? Her ajde's? Her smiling or shouting? Just so FLAT :tape: And she has been like this for quite some time. Urgh. :tears:

Brena
Bojana :eek::worship:
Ballbashing, but a top-notch one!
Jelena... lost in space. But even had she played better, I don't think she'd have won this the way Bojana was hitting.
Come on, Bojana, we want you as the Serbian #2! :cheer:

benbest
Bojana :yeah:

Mountain Ana
GOAT Jovanovski :worship:

She really deserved this win. Good luck in the next round :)

A-Bond
Wow, I'm really impressed with Jovanovski, seems to be a big hitter and she really moves well around the court which is nice to see. She'll have to work on her serve, but overall she played very very well. And she's only 18 :D

GL in next round, it's gonna be though to back such a good win up, and Peer and Schnyder are tricky players.

fouc
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:00 PM
In Serbia nobody calling Bojana Jovanovski BoJJ :confused: She is more known like boj-ANA :shrug:

lol why should i care how you call her? :lol: this is my thread and i called her that way cause she was playing JJ :shrug:

ElusiveChanteuse
JJ :cheer: Well done.:cheer: Maybe it's time for you to be back in the 10 match losing streak slump?:shrug:

BlackPanther.
:eek::woohoo:
JJ :lol:

joăo.
Bojana :worship:

Patrick345
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Go make some babies with that water polo player Nicole, it´s over. :rolleyes:

Jankarenka
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:01 PM
OMG that was amazing, SO IN LOVE

Just Do It
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:03 PM
BojANA :sobbing:

Patrick345
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Hopefully she won´t disgrace the YEC with her presence. Would hate to see a three player group.

timafi
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:04 PM
Jelena I mean wtf!:help::smash::smash:

Hian
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Bojana ;)
Jelena :o It's a miracle you're in Top 10 :o

Ben.
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:06 PM
JJ :hug: just got outplayed. Maybe she wasn't at her best & lacked some confidence, who really knows :shrug:

Congrats to Bojana :yeah: she really impressed me not only with her game but her composure & attitude as well too. Didn't seem rattled when she lost the first set or even when she lost a point throughout most of the match. Should be interesting to see whether she can keep the good play throughout a match when she plays more higher-ranked players consistently. But judging from that win, she appears to be going in the right direction.

Spiritof42
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Like many people, I was impressed with Jovanovski today. That was high-quality ballbashing. ;) I didn't think she was quite ready for this kind of win, so congrats to her. Kept a very good attitude throughout the match. :yeah:

By the way, what's the correct Serbian pronunciation of Bojana? I thought the "j" was pronounced like the one in Jankovic, but the Russian ES commentator kept calling her Bozhana (Божана). :confused:

Njalle
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Impressed with Jovanovski. If she can keep this game up, who knows what the limit is?

jimmy_the_greek
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:08 PM
great win Bojana, well done!!

Jankarenka
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:09 PM
its BOYANA not BOzhana its a Macedonian name

Joana
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:10 PM
By the way, what's the correct Serbian pronunciation of Bojana? I thought the "j" was pronounced like the one in Jankovic, but the Russian ES commentator kept calling her Bozhana (Божана). :confused:

Jesus Christ, it's definitely not Božana. :spit: :lol: Yeah, it's like in "Jankovic".

Bojana played a dream match for any B-class ballbasher. From 2nd set on, everything she hit went in.

Lord Choc Ice
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:11 PM
JJ fans I feel for you 'cause I'm going through the same thing with Verdasco. :tears:

Joana
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:11 PM
its BOYANA not BOzhana its a Macedonian name

Her last name is Macedonian, her first name is very common among Southern Slavs.

Jankarenka
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Her last name is Macedonian, her first name is very common among Southern Slavs.

Poor Bojana she seems more classy than a southern Slav :sad: She is an empress feel her roar :)

Marionated
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Bojana played amazing. Jelena wasnt bad either but she was too passive as usual, waiting for errors ... I guess no YEC for JJ :(

Like that's a bad thing.

I wasn't aware this match was on :tape:

Boreas
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Can someone change this retarded thread title, so we can at least get a clue who the players are?

Spiritof42
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Jesus Christ, it's definitely not Božana. :spit: :lol: Yeah, it's like in "Jankovic".
Thanks for the reply. So the commentator was mistaken, just as I thought. It's weird, because he was pronuncing every other "j" correctly.

QueenBee
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Jelena :o :(

Illusionist
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:19 PM
:worship: Bojana :worship: She earned it and I'm happy she didn't choke it.

As for JJ, time for some serious thoughts. She needs to do SOMETHING asap.
Anyway, can't wait the season to end, mainly because of her.

Richie's
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:19 PM
:haha: Really JJ???

And I'm blaming Daniela for choking.... Sorry Danka!!

Belmont Lad
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:20 PM
I called this win for B. Jovanovski, but it still sucks. JJ, the second half of this year continues to be a cluster**** of suckage. :sad::help:

Joana
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the reply. So the commentator was mistaken, just as I thought. It's weird, because he was pronuncing every other "j" correctly.

Russians often render the Cyrillic "ж" as Latin "j", so perhaps he got confused.
There actually is a name "Božana", but it's extremely old-fashioned. And it was a name usually given to tame bears. :tape:

Jankarenka
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Russians often render the Cyrillic "ж" as Latin "j", so perhaps he got confused.
There actually is a name "Božana", but it's extremely old-fashioned. And it was a name usually given to tame bears. :tape:

Bojana is like an untamed bear :)

Omega1
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Jankovic after the injury is definitely not on their level. But Jovanovic has also played very well.
Good joob.

Safe-From-Harm
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Great play Bojana. Don't stop and win them all.
Actually I like the end hug of double partners.
Jelena, collect yourself please.

claypova
Bojana :inlove:

Monzanator
Let's don't forget Bojana quoted Maria Sharapova as her idol :hearts: How can I not cheer for a girl who says that :cheer:

Jankarenka
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Let's don't forget Bojana quoted Maria Sharapova as her idol :hearts: How can I not cheer for a girl who says that :cheer:

Poor Bojana, slowly and slowly shes learning :D

C. W. Fields
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Wasn't really impressed with Bojana in the first set with the massive break-fest going on between the two, but she definitely got better towards the end.

Jelena :help: I actually thought she was horrific at times. Just so lost on the court, on the surface it seemed like nothing much had changed about her game but oh my God, where is her spirit? Her ajde's? Her smiling or shouting? Just so FLAT :tape: And she has been like this for quite some time. Urgh. :tears:

That was my impression of JJ, too. She simply seemed to lack the will to win, like she's not really interested in qualifying for Doha and just wants the season to be over.
But good play by BJ.

Serenita
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:33 PM
:lol:

slamchamp
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:40 PM
JJ:o

Dokic-Fan
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:41 PM
That was a really strong performance from Jovanovski. :) :yeah:

Lacrish
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:44 PM
first time see Bojana play,she played very aggressively and dominated the game,really impressed me :yeah:
well deserved and wish you the best of luck next round :D
JJ :hug:

Libertango
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:46 PM
I know JJ is/has been injured, but I really think something has happened to her head; and I reckon it all started at RG with that horrific SF loss.

Didn't see this, but congrats to Bojana.

Juju Nostalgique
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:46 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

cn ireland
Oct 4th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Well played Bojana, but JJ is just a shadow of her former self on court these days:sad:

GAGAlady
Oct 4th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Im really worried for Jelena...she just keeps losing. No consistant results....2 second round losses in 2 tournaments. Thats pretty bad for her standards. Hopefully she can re-evaluate her game and her efforts. She is more talented than this...she needs to fight.

Bojana must have played well...but Jelena is not impressing....blah

LCS
Oct 4th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Jelena :worship: the GOATness continues...

SAEKeithSerena
Oct 4th, 2010, 04:45 PM
what a terrible year (again) for Jankovic.

machinist
Oct 4th, 2010, 04:53 PM
Jovanovski is brilliant! She is definitely Top 10 material! I hope next year she can do sone damage in the Slams as well!

Derek.
Oct 4th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Wow, Bojana! :eek: :banana:

Dexter
Oct 4th, 2010, 05:07 PM
Woah, I didn't expect this. Too bad I couldn't see the match, any highlights?

Slutiana
Oct 4th, 2010, 05:09 PM
Gogo BoJo. :worship:

JJ is a mess, though.

Sasja
Oct 4th, 2010, 05:09 PM
Bojana :eek:
Great win :woohoo:
I really wanted to see that match though :(

Roookie
Oct 4th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Jelena please call it a season...enough of this shit.

Jorn
Oct 4th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Last set is still shown on ES 2.

Nina.
Oct 4th, 2010, 05:11 PM
that's just frustrating...

Jorn
Oct 4th, 2010, 05:12 PM
But Jelena looks sick or was something else wrong with her?

JackFrost
Oct 4th, 2010, 05:18 PM
:haha: Really JJ???

And I'm blaming Daniela for choking.... Sorry Danka!!
Yeah, well. A choker was Jelena always. But in the past she was fighting to win this matches. Now she don´t care anymore. ;)
JJ should take a longer break from tennis. And when her head is clear (yeah, that could be a very long break) and her hunger for tennis is back, she can try it again. :wavey:

M.P
Oct 4th, 2010, 05:27 PM
maybe i will upload thi smatch tomorrow night

tennis-insomniac
Oct 4th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Bojana :yeah: always feel nice to see the new generation doing well on WTA maindraw event

JJ : lol: it seems age has finally caught up with you but you'll always be loved by me as my favourite slamless Divas :hug:

Just Do It
Oct 4th, 2010, 05:34 PM
But Jelena looks sick or was something else wrong with her?

She is sick for 2 years now.

dusan993
Oct 4th, 2010, 05:35 PM
I should be suprised, but of course I'm not !!! :)
Go Boko you have to show a lot more, GL in next round !!!!

*Jool*
Oct 4th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Jj :(

DragonFlame
Oct 4th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Wow, jelena. 0_o I thought she would get far here... this kinda hurts her YEC chances if elena steps it up.

pav
Oct 4th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Didn't see it but going by the thread can Bojangles challenge for the onespot soon:confused: :)

RenaSlam.
Oct 4th, 2010, 06:34 PM
Retire, JJ.

MaBaker
Oct 4th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Useless :worship:

Joe.
Oct 4th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Jovanovski ♥

MagicMilan
Oct 4th, 2010, 06:55 PM
Massive performance from Bojana, well done girl :worship:
Bye Yaylayna :wavey:

Jane Lane
Oct 4th, 2010, 08:09 PM
OMG BOJANA :worship::sobbing:
so proud of her awesome job!

Bronx19
Oct 4th, 2010, 08:11 PM
How embarrassing.

This girl has no serve, and I mean NO second serve. If the first misses, its a double fault.

olivero
Oct 4th, 2010, 08:18 PM
:o seriously?
I only watched the first part of the first set and was sure JJ would win this one :o

MB.
Oct 4th, 2010, 08:25 PM
Retire, JJ.

She actually very well might soon if she doesn't string together a series of decent wins.

Mynarco
Oct 4th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Seriously, retire before falling out of Top 30

Potato
Oct 4th, 2010, 09:34 PM
Why is it that all these ballbashers play their best against JJ? (Rezai, Bojaja)

JJ will still probably qualify for Doha with Venus pulling out, but still. :help:

Safe-From-Harm
Oct 4th, 2010, 09:37 PM
I like the interview.
Lovely words from both sides.
They go to lunch together.... ah.

A-Bond
Oct 4th, 2010, 09:40 PM
How embarrassing.

This girl has no serve, and I mean NO second serve. If the first misses, its a double fault.

:lol: It's mean, but it's the truth. But she has nice Groundies :) But seriously she needs serving lessons ASAP.

Rafito.
Oct 4th, 2010, 09:48 PM
Best result of the day :hearts:

Lucemferre
Oct 4th, 2010, 09:57 PM
Poor man's Azarenka. No serve, solid baseline game, zero killer shot.

Josh.
Oct 4th, 2010, 09:59 PM
Does Jelena even have a BH DTL anymore?

-NAJ-
Oct 4th, 2010, 10:02 PM
not just bh dtl she don't have bh at all

Miss Amor
Oct 4th, 2010, 10:03 PM
Well done Bojana :woohoo:

http://i53.tinypic.com/2hroiyu.jpg

I kind of feel bad for Jankovic's fans

klever58
Oct 4th, 2010, 10:30 PM
wow :woohoo:

eDonkey
Oct 4th, 2010, 11:17 PM
Shame, Jaja!:o

So many girls scored their first career top 10 win lately because of you! :o
It was Amanmuradova and Benesova who beat her just to fell miserably in the next round.Let's see what will happen with Jovanovski.

ivanban
Oct 4th, 2010, 11:51 PM
BoJo :cheer:

As I said few days ago

BoJo almost has a BYE in 2r, so....

JJ....:shrug: It looks as if she has some kind of tennis-amnesia and can't recall most of what she used to be :help:

Viktymise
Oct 4th, 2010, 11:52 PM
I feel like the outrageous and gargantuan amount of hogging that Jankovic was guilty of back in the 06/07 seasons is the reason why she can only play consistently well for a brief stretch of the year and suck balls for the rest of it these days. From IW to RG this year she was somewhere near her best, but outside of that period she's looked completely spent, resulting in several WTF? losses such as this one.

In a few years time, this will be Hogniacki, on an even worse scale.

doktor
Oct 5th, 2010, 12:36 AM
Jovanovski made a fan out of me with this match, awesome attitude and fight, now all she needs is a serve...

SELVEN
Oct 5th, 2010, 01:59 AM
I was in that court yesterday,JJ you are so stupid.

Randy H
Oct 5th, 2010, 02:03 AM

Sounds like Jankovic to me :lol:

Petkorazzi
Oct 5th, 2010, 02:37 AM
Somebody make highlights. :(

rada
Oct 5th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Somebody make highlights. :(

yes pls!!!

fouc
Oct 5th, 2010, 11:17 AM
last game:
_HuH7QnVjr4

Corswandt
Oct 5th, 2010, 11:22 PM
I feel like the outrageous and gargantuan amount of hogging that Jankovic was guilty of back in the 06/07 seasons is the reason why she can only play consistently well for a brief stretch of the year and suck balls for the rest of it these days. From IW to RG this year she was somewhere near her best, but outside of that period she's looked completely spent, resulting in several WTF? losses such as this one.

She seems mentally spent and lacking any kind of will to fight most of the time these days. She's probably struggling with motivation as well - in retrospect, the RG SF debacle must have been as damaging to her career perspectives as it was for Dementieva's. Realizing you just lack what it takes to be a real champion must be devastating - Vaidisova, for instance, couldn't take it and retired.

In a few years time, this will be Hogniacki, on an even worse scale.

Totally. Plus Wozniacki must do a huge amount of work on the practice courts - that's the only explanation I see for her being as consistent as she is with such a flawed technique. And we must not forget that Wozniacki became a "top" player by default much younger than Jankovic (a relatively late bloomer for 2004-2006 WTA standards) did. I'd say Wozniacki has a couple of seasons to win big before burning out.

Corswandt
Oct 5th, 2010, 11:41 PM
Considering Jankovic's comatose performance, this wasn't the best match to gauge Jovanovski's actual level.

But I think it's fairly safe to say that, apart from Pavly, Jovanovski is the least bad player of Generation Wack. Mostly in the sense that, while nearly all of her contemporaries have some LOL-worthy massive flaw in the very basics of their games, Jovanovski's ground game is technically sound and very solid, if not very powerful. She can't do much with her BH, but at least it doesn't break down.

Jovanovski's instincts are clearly those of a grinder (apart from a number of points in the 3rd set, she remained glued to the baseline and didn't work her way inside the court), which is good as, lacking a kill shot from the baseline, she has to be patient and hit several good shots in order to win a point. Her movement is good enough for the kind of game she plays, but then again it wasn't really tested as Jankovic couldn't crank up the pace of her shots and of the rallies.

Still, I'd say Jovanovski looked fairly consistent, and her hitting fairly accurate. Right now it looks like she can become sort of a poor man's Peer (whose yelp she seems to have copied) with less pure retrieving abilities but a flatter, more reliable FH.

Re: her serve, the previous time I had seen her play it looked better, in the sense that she won a few free points off it. But it seems it got converted into a Shriekarenkian "just to start the rally" serve. And that 2nd serve is a massive liability. Still, her motion looks technically sound and fairly smooth, so her serve can still improve.

hablo
Oct 6th, 2010, 12:46 AM
:scratch:

lilygotsilly
Oct 20th, 2010, 06:26 PM
last game:
_HuH7QnVjr4

Hey , thanks for the Vid! :worship: I had heard rumors of a fix , but no way jose! This definitely wasnt a fix imo - from just that one game you could see that JJ is really lost. Her body's probably beat up and sore like all the other girls right now - but when you put that together with a very frustrated and defeated mind and this is the kind of performances you get .

She definitely needs better coaching for one. She didnt do enough physical training at one point, then too much , she's been too passive , then she became aggressive briefly but just with big ball bashing and never coming to the net properly, then she improved her serve but now its gone~~ WTH is going on!?

She has a load of talent - Ive seen her hit big bhs AND fhs at times and even big 1st serves and she should be able to volley much better -- of course she can run, return and fight . She needs direction to get her body and mind right to utilize her abundance of skills and she could definitely win a slam. But right now she needs the 1st step - a good coach who she can work with well and has a focused direction for her.

As for Jovanowski - she has power - the more she learns to take the ball quicker and be the aggressor the better she will get. Plus she should have a bigger serve - but in the WTA she could still move up without a big serve by just learning how to go after it like she did in this last game - really sweet bh winner on the one pt!

RenaSlam.
Nov 19th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Oh, Jelena.

DefyingGravity
Nov 19th, 2010, 04:29 PM
Bojana could be a really good player. Obviously, a slight change in technique to get more consistency and pop on it would be great, and taking the ball slightly earlier more often will definitely help. She's the kind of girl that can defend but it really isn't smart for her to do so because that could wear down her body. I predict another Serbian French Open champion. I think her game could really line up well on clay.

Safe-From-Harm
Nov 19th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Who put this one out?
It was enough JJ's horor:D

Jankarenka
Nov 19th, 2010, 05:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z10zqMC3_Dc

Highlights

Lucemferre
Nov 19th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Bojana could be a really good player. Obviously, a slight change in technique to get more consistency and pop on it would be great, and taking the ball slightly earlier more often will definitely help. She's the kind of girl that can defend but it really isn't smart for her to do so because that could wear down her body. I predict another Serbian French Open champion. I think her game could really line up well on clay.

Her serve is pathetic.She has nothing special.

Vamos Feńa
Nov 19th, 2010, 10:41 PM
Just another hard hitting player :yawn: :yawn: Nothing impressive, and she's afraid of going to net - just watch at 2:50.

Sp!ffy
Nov 20th, 2010, 04:46 AM
Just another hard hitting player :yawn: :yawn: Nothing impressive, and she's afraid of going to net - just watch at 2:50.

You're ugly.

Vamos Feńa
Nov 20th, 2010, 01:39 PM
^My boyfriend thinks something else... oh nevermind.
That was just my thought, as I was not impressed. Respect that, will you?

The Witch-king
Nov 20th, 2010, 01:50 PM
JJ u a mess

:worship: I have such a great way of putting things. :sad::bounce::drool::lick:

The Witch-king
Nov 20th, 2010, 01:58 PM

Sounds like Jankovic to me :lol:

Exactamundo!

Smitten
Nov 20th, 2010, 03:18 PM
Watching that video she seems very unimpressive. She has no capacity to impose herself on anyone who can hit harder than Jankovic, and her serve is impotent.

Jankarenka
Nov 20th, 2010, 04:40 PM
BOJO is a GOAT get over it gurls