PDA

View Full Version : Worst WTA #1 ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VeeJJ
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:59 AM
Who beith the worsest numero UNO ever????!!!!!!

Ana Ivanovic :wavey:

jimmy_the_greek
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:11 AM
Jelena, sorry to say(=

VeeJJ
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:15 AM
Jelena, sorry to say(=

Where's Vaidisova?????
:wavey:

CloudAtlas
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:16 AM
Wozniacki should not be an option in a poll asking about the worst #1's even if she is close to the ranking. She is still not there yet.

But I'm going with Safina. I like her as a person but her mental instability plus her blah record against other top players plus her inconsistent game + her BAD serve are not convincing of her status as a #1 player.

jimmy_the_greek
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:18 AM
Where's Vaidisova?????
:wavey:

coming back next year;)

claypova
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:22 AM
Jelena Jankovic.

Droolv
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:22 AM
Jankovic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VeeJJ
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:24 AM
coming back next year;)

We shall see!!!!

RG Final 2013: Lady JaJa def. Radek's Bitch 6-1, 6-2
:hearts:

jimmy_the_greek
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:28 AM
We shall see!!!!

RG Final 2013: Lady JaJa def. Radek's Bitch 6-1, 6-2
:hearts:

Also i have said a countless amount of times how much respect i have for Jelena as a player (and i still do nothing has changed). Your poll asks for an opinion and i simply voted based on my personal opinion. It doesn't mean that i am implying that Jelena isn't a good player (we all know what she is capable of, and because i know what she is capable of and she didn't show it while she was #1, that's why i voted for her). Given that i am fair i would be the first to admit that nicole chocked (and badly).:sad:

Yilongru
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:31 AM
miss sunshine forever sunshine

DefyingGravity
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:32 AM
Jeca...because of the timing, and the fact that in the USO Series, Safina beat her twice...and this is when the two of them were both playing pretty damn good tennis.

Ana had won a slam, had a slam final, and a Wimbledon semifinal to get to number one in addition to a Indian Wells title, Berlin semifinal, a YEC SF, an L.A. title, USO 4R to really bolster her #1 ranking. She at least had that.

Safina had Rome, Madrid, AO Final, RG Final, IW QF, USO SF.....and a few other things I may be leaving out

Jelena had Rome...and AO&RG SF....and you know she was there, lol. I mean, they laugh about Safina's #1 ranking but she has made the semis of all 4 slams in her career. Jankovic may not ever get past the Wimbledon 4R stage at this rate.

AnomyBC
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:55 AM
If Caro doesn't win Beijing, then it's technically her for the moment, but I believe in the long run she'll almost certainly have the best career of the 4 of them.

Also, if Caro does win Beijing, then it's definitely Jankovic.

danieln1
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:56 AM
WTF VIP Ana is doing in this poll...... only slamless number ones can be considered the worst ever, Ana had Roland Garros to back up that ranking no matter what.

This would be a great thread if it wasnīt for this stupid poll option

Jajaloo
Oct 4th, 2010, 05:38 AM
This would be a stupid thread if it wasnīt for this great poll option

I agree.

Danči Dementia
Oct 4th, 2010, 05:47 AM
what is Ivanovic doing here?? :weirdo:

its all about the hate towards her :shrug:

she has one GS in her pocker, wich Safina nor Jankovic never did.

RenaSlam.
Oct 4th, 2010, 05:52 AM
Jelena. One slam final.

Ivanovic, at least she won a slam.

Safina, at least she got to more than 1 slam final.

selesisqueen
Oct 4th, 2010, 06:07 AM
The 2008 French Open semifinal between Jankovic and Ivanovic was the real final anyway, the actual winner vs Safina final was just filler, so you might as well say Jankovic and Safina were both in 2 slam finals.

Slutiana
Oct 4th, 2010, 06:29 AM
Wozniacki should not be an option in a poll asking about the worst #1's even if she is close to the ranking. She is still not there yet.

But I'm going with Safina. I like her as a person but her mental instability plus her blah record against other top players plus her inconsistent game + her BAD serve are not convincing of her status as a #1 player.
Eh. Dinara beat practically everyone worth beating between 08 and 09.

Sp!ffy
Oct 4th, 2010, 06:31 AM
Jankovic. She sucks even for a #10 player.

selesisqueen
Oct 4th, 2010, 06:37 AM

She only scored a win over Venus and Serena each on clay which is not a big win on that surface. If anything having to go deep into a 3rd set vs Venus at this point on clay is embarassing for a #1 who likes clay. On every other surface she was destroyed by both everytime out.

Caralenko
Oct 4th, 2010, 06:39 AM
She only scored a win over Venus and Serena each on clay which is not a big win on that surface. If anything having to go deep into a 3rd set vs Venus at this point on clay is embarassing for a #1 who likes clay. On every other surface she was destroyed by both everytime out.

Did you see that match at Rome 09? :weirdo:

MH0861
Oct 4th, 2010, 06:40 AM
Can't believe Ana has twice has many votes as Safina and is almost leading this :o

Yes, she's a mess now, but she deserved it more than Dinara and JJ.

PMBH
Oct 4th, 2010, 07:33 AM
WTF VIP Ana is doing in this poll...... only slamless number ones can be considered the worst ever, Ana had Roland Garros to back up that ranking no matter what.

This would be a great thread if it wasnīt for this stupid poll option

In principle, I agree with you. But Ana's demise since she got to number 1 has been so devastating that it's not entirely unfair to include her in this poll.

InsideOut.
Oct 4th, 2010, 07:38 AM
This is a fail thread: opened by a Jankovic fan to try to claim that Ana is the worst #1 ever (:spit:) but then the poll backfires on the OP and Jankovic leads the poll. :worship:

Yilongru
Oct 4th, 2010, 07:43 AM
Caroline's a whole year points>>>>>>Serena's half a year one.

Mistress of Evil
Oct 4th, 2010, 07:48 AM
Many posters seem not to understand the thread. I mean as N1 VIP was hopeless losing to players outside of top100, she won no more than 4-5 matches as being N1. At least Safina and JJ won some tourneys while being at the top stop. So Ana easily is the worst N1. She is greater cuz of RG but sucked big as N1. As to Wozniacki only time will tell what N1 she will be. Do not approve seeing her as an option.

indicapuja
Oct 4th, 2010, 07:48 AM
jankovic definitely :bounce:

Kworb
Oct 4th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Ana Ivanovic.

Mish
Oct 4th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Ivanovic

Nikkiri
Oct 4th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Amazing thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jankovic still wins, sorry.

Steven.
Oct 4th, 2010, 10:58 AM
jelena jankovic

TennisFan66
Oct 4th, 2010, 11:05 AM

she has one GS in her pocker, wich Safina nor Jankovic never did.

Thats a good point, as so many many MANY TF hyenas use 'lack of slam win' to explain why a #1 is 'unworthy', 'a disgrace', 'a joke' etc etc. So why is a slam winner IN a poll for worst WTA #1 ever?

As for the voting, I'd probably tick JJ. Not because I'm a 'foaming from the mouth and with rabies shot eyes' hater, but just becuase when JJ first made the #1, she did not have a slam F. Caro does - and we know from the hyenas that ITF slams are the 'be all, end all' important ingredient for a WTA TOUR ranking :rolleyes:

Beat
Oct 4th, 2010, 11:17 AM

agreed. i really, really don't like ivanovic, but it's just silly to say she's the worst no. 1, considering her slam. she even has more votes than safina and wozniacki right now :silly:

Beat
Oct 4th, 2010, 11:20 AM
The 2008 French Open semifinal between Jankovic and Ivanovic was the real final anyway, the actual winner vs Safina final was just filler, so you might as well say Jankovic and Safina were both in 2 slam finals.

that post doesn't make any sense whatsoever :lol: selesisqueen must be one of the silliest posters around. i think i'm gonna change my username to selesisqueenisqueen.

Tezuka.
Oct 4th, 2010, 11:22 AM
WTF Ana doing here in this poll !!!!:weirdo: really fail thread.:help:
Clearly, she has so many haterz here even when she is slumping.Get a life for god's sake, haterz.:o

jimmy_the_greek
Oct 4th, 2010, 11:33 AM
I don't know what Wozniacki is doing in the poll, firstly she isn't number 1 yet...secondly why do so many want to jinx this girl?:o

MagicMilan
Oct 4th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Jelena, and it's not even close

Tennis90
Oct 4th, 2010, 12:30 PM
This is so silly.Ana won RG and got her No.1 spot.How is that the worst No.1?It's ridiculous!

As much as I'd like to be subjective as many of you here and say JJ the fact is that Dina was the one.

kman
Oct 4th, 2010, 01:09 PM

Safina was no. 1 for a while tho. Longer than the others so in that sense she was more consistent. Ana Ivanovic crashed and burned fast.

My vote goes to Jankovic. But only because Ana beat her in that slam final.

Mountain Ana
Oct 4th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Well, it's obvious it is JJ. The results show that (but I really liked her wining three tournaments in a row)...

Up next is Safina, and all the people who are voting for Ana are just haters, because she can't be worst No1... She can be worst post- No1 :)

Hian
Oct 4th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Why Ana? She's been a great N.1.
Wozniacki is probably the worst. At least Jankovic and Safina had GS better results than her ;)

dusan993
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Slam, no Slam?
Jankovic with only 1 GS final !

LUVMIRZA
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Sunshine for being the owner of the best forehand ever:worship:

CloudAtlas
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:21 PM

I didn't say she didn't beat good players , just that compared to the other #1 players she just doesn't have as good of a record , since the thread was asking who the worst #1 is. Ivanovic's isn't particularly that great either but she at least has a Slam , so..

Juju Nostalgique
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:54 PM
ASVVVSSASV :weirdo:

MakarovaFan
Oct 4th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Jeca...because of the timing, and the fact that in the USO Series, Safina beat her twice...and this is when the two of them were both playing pretty damn good tennis.

Ana had won a slam, had a slam final, and a Wimbledon semifinal to get to number one in addition to a Indian Wells title, Berlin semifinal, a YEC SF, an L.A. title, USO 4R to really bolster her #1 ranking. She at least had that.

Safina had Rome, Madrid, AO Final, RG Final, IW QF, USO SF.....and a few other things I may be leaving out

Jelena had Rome...and AO&RG SF....and you know she was there, lol. I mean, they laugh about Safina's #1 ranking but she has made the semis of all 4 slams in her career. Jankovic may not ever get past the Wimbledon 4R stage at this rate.
Lmao you are totally leaving out a slam FINAL, Wins in Tokyo,Moscow,Stuttgart and SF @ YEC.....wow. PLUS wins that year over everybody on tour except Maria(who only played 6 months)

MakarovaFan
Oct 4th, 2010, 06:02 PM
Yea and even that isd still more than Caroline has done.....hahahaha

gmokb
Oct 4th, 2010, 06:56 PM
I will say Safina because of the way she mentally collapseduring those finals.

Hian
Oct 4th, 2010, 07:01 PM
People who voted Ana--> haters, not tennis fans.
How can you prefer Wozniacki, Jankovic and Safina to her? I say that not as a fan of Ana, but as a fan of tennis.

hurricanejeanne
Oct 4th, 2010, 07:03 PM
As much of a hot mess she is these days, Ana was a legit number one; she got it by winning a slam final. She may end up being a one slam wonder and a random number one player but she's not the worst.

Dina at least made three slam finals and played incredibly well for a year. Jelena only has one slam final to show for it. Jelena wins.

And Caro can't qualify until she gets to the top spot. Then it'll be interesting. :p

Cp6uja
Oct 4th, 2010, 07:44 PM
In tennis history we knows for more fake GS champions, than fake #1 players, so Ivanovic RG title is not enough to validate her #1 :shrug:
But fact is that Ana Ivanovic between June 9 of 2007 and June 11 of 2008 (when reach #1) not only won that RG/08 title, but also reach other 2 Grand Slams finals at RG/07 and AO/08 (+Wim-SF) and won one of other two WTA tour two-weekers (Indian Wells '08). I don't want to talking now about JJ, Dinara or Woz case (or previous Clijsters/Mauresmo #1 slameless casses)...all of them is #1 for some reasons...right? But in Ivanovic_@_peak case everything is clean and there is nothing fake or fluke.

Human Nature
Oct 4th, 2010, 08:16 PM
Ivanovic wasnt the worst but ONE of the worst

She is in the podium 3R behind Jankovic and Safina

Jankovic is the worst for me

Dana1982
Oct 4th, 2010, 08:40 PM
Well, I don't like the fact that Caro is in this poll when she hasn't reached #1 yet, but let's assume she will - she's still more stable and solid then the others. I can't vote for Ivanovic, cuz if the main issue why the others are "worst #1" is cuz they don't have a GS - then Ana does have one...

That leaves me with Jelena and Dinara. I think Dinara was a better #1 then JJ... I like JJ but...

Uranium
Oct 4th, 2010, 08:42 PM
In order from worst to best:
(Wozniacki)
Ivanovic
Jankovic
Safina

So my vote went to Caro if she becomes #1.

justineheninfan
Oct 4th, 2010, 08:52 PM
I laugh that Safina has the least votes. People actually think she is the best player of these 4, ROTFL!!!!

DefyingGravity
Oct 4th, 2010, 08:53 PM
[/B]
Lmao you are totally leaving out a slam FINAL, Wins in Tokyo,Moscow,Stuttgart and SF @ YEC.....wow. PLUS wins that year over everybody on tour except Maria(who only played 6 months)

Clearly the slam final has already been discussed enough times that I didn't need to mention it. Tokyo, Moscow, and Stuttgart are impressive, and so is the YEC SF, but clearly

Ivanovic (left) vs. Jankovic (right):

Grand Slam Champion = 1 vs. 0
Slam Finals = 1 vs. 1
Slam Semifinals = 1 vs. 2
Premier 5 Titles = 1 vs. 1
Premier Titles = 1 vs. 2
YEC = SF vs. SF
H2H in the period of ascension = 3-1
H2H overall: 6-3

Safina (left) vs. Jankovic (right):

Grand Slam Champ = 0 vs. 0
Slam Finals = 2 vs. 1
Slam Semifinals = 1 vs. 2
Premier 5 Titles = 2 vs. 1
Premier Titles = 1 vs. 2
YEC = RR vs. SF
Olympic Silver Medal for Safina
H2H = 2-2
H2H overall = 3-4

That Silver medal = YEC SF in my book. She's won one more Premier 5 title to get to #1, had 1 more slam final.

Human Nature
Oct 5th, 2010, 12:20 AM
I laugh that Safina has the least votes. People actually think she is the best player of these 4, ROTFL!!!!

Her laboured game cant make her the best player

but she was the best 1st of the three

delicatecutter
Oct 5th, 2010, 12:32 AM
Wozniacki because she doesn't play watchable tennis.

goat
Oct 5th, 2010, 12:55 AM
Jankovic because her time as number one was boring. With Safina she had to fight off Serena during her ascension and even took it back off miss thang (even if it ws for one week :P)
Ivanovic has a slam under her belt :D
Wozniacki isn't number one until next week.

VeeJJ
Oct 5th, 2010, 05:23 AM
Didn't Jelena win 3 titles in a row when she was #1????? Ana won the FO with a CAKE draw, other than Jelena, whom should have won that match :'( And the totally died! And is still dead. Jelena Made the USO Finals, provided the best USO final in a while. TBH Could have def won it if it went to a 3rd. After that she won 3 titles in a row, winning the finals handily, and playing some in form players to do so. I'll never understand why she thought it was okay for her to lose to Vera at the YEC RR but w/e. She was a fairly decent #1 and could have been a better one if she had gotten her head together at the YEC and won it. But nonetheless, i would def say she's better than Ana. And she isn't as much of a headcase as Dinara so isn't that a pretty big step up?

tennisforadults
Oct 5th, 2010, 05:48 AM

Safina has 3 Slam finals to her name. Ana also has 3, but has a RG crown to top it off.

The worst, I'm afraid, is Jankovic without a doubt.