PDA

View Full Version : Biggest threat to Serena in Slams?

shoparound
Oct 3rd, 2010, 04:25 AM
Between Caro, Kim or Vee?

justineheninfan
Oct 3rd, 2010, 04:35 AM
Of those 3 Kim definitely. She is a possible threat to Serena at any slam if they play except Wimbledon.

I would be surprised if Venus ever beat Serena in a slam again. Even when she was good enough to do it she rarely did since that whole sister thing seemed alot tougher on Venus than Serena. As their dad said Serena is meaner, and Venus had the misfortune of having a blood relative as a main rival with comparable (or superior) talent but a tougher mind for the situation than she did. Now Venus has declined some already and probably isnt even good enough anymore to beat Serena which she had a hard time bearing down to do even when she was.

Wozniacki? No way. She hits almost no winners even against even B-power hitters so against Serena she will almost surely hit almost none. And that means Serena will have a huge margin of error for her high risk game, she will be allowed 40 unforced errors in 2 sets, maybe more, and still be able to win.

I think even Justine is a bigger threat to Serena in future slams than Venus or Wozniacki, even with as much as she struggled this year. She is not turning 30 yet, unlike Wozniacki she has enough offense to hurt Serena if she finds her form, she is not burdened by any sister factor, and she knows she has beaten Serena in slams before- 4 times in fact, so surely knows if she is playing well enough she is quite capable of doing it again. She managed to take Serena to 3 sets in Australia this year despite being far from her best level, which of course she was far from all year long. There is no gaurantee Justine will ever regain her old level, but it still will be alot easier for her to improve on her level of this year than Serena, as her level of this year was so bad for her seemingly the only place it can go is up (and if it doesnt go up from what it was this year she will retire before 2012, I gaurantee it) and Serena isnt likely to go beyond her level in the slams of the last 2 years at this point in her career. Still Kim is definitely a bigger threat to Serena overall than Justine or anyone else right now.

Kuznetsova could be a threat of sorts if she gets her game together again. Last year she had Serena beat in Australia but couldnt close her out, and did beat her at the French last year.

Dementieva has in the past been a tough opponent for Serena, especialy in non slam events, but I dont think Dementieva will ever come close to beating Serena in a slam again.

Jankovic has held her own admirably vs Serena in the past but I think she is now on the downside of her career too.

Stosur hasnt been a threat to Serena on anything but clay yet.

If Petrova catches fire and doesnt choke (yeah right) she could play spoiler for anyone. Barring a miracle she will never win a slam herself but could take out anyone during one, including Serena potentially.

Either way I dont think Wozniacki would beat Serena in a slam other than maybe at the French (and not sure even there) anytime soon. Her game is just too lightweight to do much damage to Serena. And given the whole sister factor in addition to the age factor, I dont think Venus is even one of the most likely threats to Serena either.

#kArLoS#
Oct 3rd, 2010, 04:39 AM
Kim,Venus and Justine,just because they´re a spot above the rest,like Serena

justineheninfan
Oct 3rd, 2010, 04:40 AM
I will laugh if Wozniacki gets alot of votes. With Woz's current game, of course she could and probably still will improve futher soon given her age, but as is Serena can make 20 unforced errors per set and still safely beat her, maybe even 25.

jimmy_the_greek
Oct 3rd, 2010, 04:54 AM
Vee

Toxic
Oct 3rd, 2010, 05:10 AM
Vee ;)

AnomyBC
Oct 3rd, 2010, 05:11 AM
Caro's about to go on a 10 match winning streak against Serena. People are going to be shocked :)

Pops Maellard
Oct 3rd, 2010, 05:14 AM
Caro? Nah. Ree would have to be spraying errors every which way.
Vee? If I'm being honest I can't see her beating Serena again any time soon.

Kim is the answer.

Gdsimmons
Oct 3rd, 2010, 05:18 AM
I think Serena can beat all 3 of them pretty good. But if I had to choose one it would probably be Kim. Too bad they havent played but once

Mynarco
Oct 3rd, 2010, 05:33 AM
Kim and Vee.

DownInAHole
Oct 3rd, 2010, 09:19 AM
Realistically, if Serena is on no one can beat her. Of the options I would definitely say Kim. Caroline has gotten better but not that much better and Venus seems like she is in decline.

ZODIAC
Oct 3rd, 2010, 09:38 AM
the only person that will beat Serena is Serena,when she is in that revenge mode she is unstoppable...Kim better watch out in 2011 .One thing I like about Serena she knows how to mete out a beatdown and will not let go...ask pova,Justine and Kim will be added to the list in 2011

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 3rd, 2010, 09:46 AM
herself

Matt01
Oct 3rd, 2010, 12:41 PM

I know this thread is about the Slams...but you still know why this statement is ridiculous?

scoobz
Oct 3rd, 2010, 12:41 PM
Broken glass.

And Kim.

cellophane
Oct 3rd, 2010, 03:13 PM
GOATKim, except for Wimbledon

bandabou
Oct 3rd, 2010, 03:30 PM
Other than Serena herself? Kim....

Uranium
Oct 3rd, 2010, 03:30 PM
Venus at Wimbledon.

Vikapower
Oct 3rd, 2010, 03:40 PM
the only person that will beat Serena is Serena, when she is in that revenge mode she is unstoppable... Kim better watch out in 2011. One thing I like about Serena she knows how to mete out a beatdown and will not let go... ask pova,Justine and Kim will be added to the list in 2011.
:spit: Sorry for beeing frank but this is all nonesense... Kim doesn't fear your "revenge mode" Serena which is a complete mythe and I would like to see become reality to see how true that is... in these three the only player who can threaten Serena in a slam is Kimmie, Vee though is a silent assasin and would still be able to make some damages... Caro ? :lol: It's impossible hope to even scrape games so a set off Serena in a slam if you can't even hit winners.

Jajaloo
Oct 3rd, 2010, 03:47 PM
No one at the AO.
JJ or Justine at the FO
Venus at Wimbledon.
Kim at the USO.

Caro in New Haven.

selesisqueen
Oct 3rd, 2010, 04:01 PM
Clijsters and Henin at the Australian Open
Anyone in the top 30 at the French Open
Nobody at Wimbledon
Clijsters, Henin, Stosur, or Wozniacki at the U.S Open

sweetpeas
Oct 3rd, 2010, 04:25 PM
Kim is the answer.

Kim gotts to get to a final other then open for us to see!

Donny
Oct 3rd, 2010, 04:28 PM
Lol @ CLijsters being a threat to Serena at the AO. how about she actually MEETS Serena at the AO before we proclaim her a threat to Serena. Azarenka's been by far the biggest threat to Serena at the AO the past two years.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Oct 3rd, 2010, 04:32 PM
Anyone in the top 30 at the French Open

Interesting that you would say that :lol:

At RG in the past decade, Serena has only once lost to ONE player ranked outside the top 8.

justineheninfan
Oct 3rd, 2010, 04:38 PM
Lol @ CLijsters being a threat to Serena at the AO. how about she actually MEETS Serena at the AO before we proclaim her a threat to Serena. Azarenka's been by far the biggest threat to Serena at the AO the past two years.

Kim has only played 1 Australian Open in the last 3 years obviously. So she has 1 bad day (the loss to Petrova this year) and suddenly she should be written off altogether. :rolleyes: Why the heck would someone who has won the last 2 U.S Opens not be seen as a HUGE threat for the Australian Open title. And you seriously expect anyone to pick overhyped headcase Azarenka as a threat over Kim for any slam. :lol: All last year proved is Serena can play like rubbish for over half a match, be down and set 4-0 and almost 5-0 and still come back at will against a player like Azarenka whose level is that far inferior to hers.

TennisFan66
Oct 3rd, 2010, 04:46 PM
At this very moment and looking at AO 2011, Serena and Kim are punters two top faves. There's your answer.

shoparound
Oct 3rd, 2010, 04:56 PM
Is Venus that far behind Kim in contending with Serena or is Kim just that much better?

Miss Atomic Bomb
Oct 3rd, 2010, 05:01 PM
The slams where Serena is the player to beat and the bigest threats for her -

Australian Open (Threats - Henin/Dementieva (Just because she can read Serena's serve like no other)/Kim)
Wimbledon (Threats - Venus)
USO (Threats - Kim/Henin)

Ferg
Oct 3rd, 2010, 05:02 PM
Bammer.

it-girl
Oct 3rd, 2010, 05:03 PM
Based on history and actual head to head Venus is. When Serena plays well like in Wimbledon of 2008 only one player has beaten her when she is playing well & that is Venus. The only slam Kim has won is the Us Open and she did not flat out beat Venus, she survived Venus who played like crap starting with the tie breaker in the 2nd set and on. With that said I cannot say that if Serena had played that Kim would have still won so therefore I am not jumping on the Kim bandwagon just because of her Us Open wins.

I would say that Justine & Kim are real challenges when Serena plays them but Venus is always the real threat, Serena has even said this herself about Venus.

denny5576
Oct 3rd, 2010, 05:12 PM
Kim, Justine, Maria, JJ

AcesHigh
Oct 3rd, 2010, 05:22 PM
Kim.

I've already given up years ago that Venus is a threat against Serena. She will fold like a cheap tent just like that tiebreak.
Every match they have shows how crucial a reliable serve is.

Bismarck.
Oct 3rd, 2010, 05:32 PM
Kim, obviously.

Vikapower
Oct 3rd, 2010, 05:39 PM
Kim has only played 1 Australian Open in the last 3 years obviously. So she has 1 bad day (the loss to Petrova this year) and suddenly she should be written off altogether. :rolleyes: Why the heck would someone who has won the last 2 U.S Opens not be seen as a HUGE threat for the Australian Open title. And you seriously expect anyone to pick overhyped headcase Azarenka as a threat over Kim for any slam. :lol: All last year proved is Serena can play like rubbish for over half a match, be down and set 4-0 and almost 5-0 and still come back at will against a player like Azarenka whose level is that far inferior to hers.
He didn't say any slam and you need to read better... :rolleyes: He said that Vika was the biggest threat for Serena the last 3 years in the Ao, they always meet and it always starts/ends the same way... which is somewhat true watching their matches...

When Serena serves like this she's almost unbeatable because for instance you're unable to get a cut at the ball, without serve now I'd be interested to see if Serena would be beating Vika while 4-0 down... when your first serve averages 90 mph and when Serena starts teeing off her ROS and you're not a good defender you're most likely to be in difficulty than not. Vika with a better serve would have denied Serena 2010 AO...

What Serena showed is that as time passes by she's more and more unable to give her best and is very prone now to losing to "overhyped" players to your sayings like Vika, Petra... whom you dislike... Age is getting to Serena and her level keeps dropping drastically until comes the time where she willn't be able to come back in matches though if she serves 10+ aces she would still win decently.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Oct 3rd, 2010, 05:52 PM
Kim, Justine, Maria, JJ

Maria in the list but no Venus? :lol: :lol:She isnt even able to make a slam QF, nor has she beaten Serena in the past 6 years. Venus has :wavey:

Blu€
Oct 3rd, 2010, 05:57 PM
Bammer.

:worship: Bam Bam will strike back in 2011 :angel:

FoxyliciousKhat
Oct 3rd, 2010, 06:00 PM
Maria in the list but no Venus? :lol: :lol:She isnt even able to make a slam QF, nor has she beaten Serena in the past 6 years. Venus has :wavey:

IKR?! Not only that, suddenly Kim who has only won at the US Open and haa done crap everywhere else since her second coming is suddenly the measuring stick. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Foxy

selesisqueen
Oct 3rd, 2010, 06:02 PM
Based on history and actual head to head Venus is. When Serena plays well like in Wimbledon of 2008 only one player has beaten her when she is playing well & that is Venus.

Serena did not play well in the 2008 Wimbledon final. She started strongly then became error prone as the match went. And the only surface Venus would have a chance against Serena playing well is on grass, and even that I am not sure of anymore. And since that is just one surface one could easily say for example Henin would have a much easier time beating Serena playing well on clay (assuming Justine also did) than Venus would Serena on grass.

As for the head to heads Henin has just as good a head to head with Serena as Venus, and a much better slam head to head, so based on head to heads as you claimed Venus is not the biggest threat. However Kim is a much better player than Justine or Venus on current form anyway.

As for your comments on the U.S Open match Kim played a very subpar match for her current standards, Venus except for the 2nd set tiebreak played as well as she is capable of playing at this point (remember she is already years past her prime) and Kim still won.

Lucemferre
Oct 3rd, 2010, 06:20 PM
QF is her biggest threat:tape:

Olórin
Oct 3rd, 2010, 06:36 PM
Herself.

MB.
Oct 3rd, 2010, 06:37 PM

Vee hasn't been a threat to win a slam for the past two years, honestly (counting Wimbledon--there, she's always Serena's biggest threat.)

History can be a good factor to go on, but you really have to look at current/future prospects. Venus might have been her biggest rival in 2002, but in 2011 and on, do you really think, out of all players, that V will be Serena's biggest threat?

Caro, while improved, still has a long way to go--think about the IW final vs. JJ--now think about Caro in a GS final against an in-form Serena...

Kim's shown that she has the game to beat Serena--she does defense very well and has great athleticism and retrieving abilities (like Caroline), but she also has the ability to hit amazing groundies and actually hit winners (no offense, Caroline).

Dementieva has the game but not the brain to handle Serena in a GS. Maria is currently in no place to be in this discussion, and neither is JJ (seriously, they both need help ASAP), but in form can both challenge Serena (especially Masha). Vika should definitely be in this discussion, too.

$uricate
Oct 3rd, 2010, 06:38 PM
Shino Tsurubuchi.

shoparound
Oct 3rd, 2010, 07:16 PM
If no one thinks Caro is a threat, why all the threads acting as if she is? If it's about the #1 spot, we've had bad #1s before...

JN
Oct 3rd, 2010, 07:28 PM
herself

Ditto.

harloo
Oct 3rd, 2010, 07:46 PM
:lol: @ Kim being Serena's biggest threat based on one US Open match where Serena didn't even play well at all. The problem with Kim is that she's a momentum player. If you give her crap she thrives on it, if you put the smack down on her she melts like butter. Her US Open win this year was less than impressive considering she played mediocre tennis every round and her opponents were mental midgets.

Serena's biggest threats:

Herself, Vika at the AO, Venus/Maria at Wimbledon, Elena D at non slams

That is all.

Sammy Stones
Oct 3rd, 2010, 07:49 PM

wrong. you couldn't bother to look up their H2H? to try and sound like you know what you're talking about?

The Witch-king
Oct 3rd, 2010, 07:53 PM

The fact of the matter is that Kim has not proven shit at the Australian Open in the past few years. It's no one's fault she hasn't played the past few years and it's certainly no one's fault she bombed to Petrova this year. You're extremely willing to throw Venus under the bus for bad losses but when St Kim is involved suddenly they are irrelevant?
Check yourself, please.

Serena did not play well in the 2008 Wimbledon final. She started strongly then became error prone as the match went. And the only surface Venus would have a chance against Serena playing well is on grass, and even that I am not sure of anymore. And since that is just one surface one could easily say for example Henin would have a much easier time beating Serena playing well on clay (assuming Justine also did) than Venus would Serena on grass.

As for the head to heads Henin has just as good a head to head with Serena as Venus, and a much better slam head to head, so based on head to heads as you claimed Venus is not the biggest threat. However Kim is a much better player than Justine or Venus on current form anyway.

As for your comments on the U.S Open match Kim played a very subpar match for her current standards, Venus except for the 2nd set tiebreak played as well as she is capable of playing at this point (remember she is already years past her prime) and Kim still won.

Subpar for her standards? Do you people actually WATCH matches these days? My god she didn't play well the entire tournament or in Cincinnatti or Montreal or Wimbledon or Eastbourne or Marbella... I think the hype has really blinded a lot of people to Kim's actual level of play.

And you need to check yourself with the rest of your post.

Vee hasn't been a threat to win a slam for the past two years, honestly (counting Wimbledon--there, she's always Serena's biggest threat.)

History can be a good factor to go on, but you really have to look at current/future prospects. Venus might have been her biggest rival in 2002, but in 2011 and on, do you really think, out of all players, that V will be Serena's biggest threat?

How was she her biggest rival in 2002 when she never beat her the entire year? You need to CHECK yourself and your knowledge of historical facts (or lack in thereof).

Venus beat Serena multiple times in 2008 and 2009, she never played her in 2010. So I don't know what this ish you are talking about "current/future" prospects.

And get back to me when Kim genuinely beats Serena in a slam next time.

danieln1
Oct 3rd, 2010, 07:54 PM
herself

This.

If this was a option, it would be winning, by far.

pierce85
Oct 3rd, 2010, 08:15 PM
Recognizing your opponent's value is the epitome of a well behaved person , something some classless people in this thread seem to be lacking. But "like favorite player like fan" i guess

Vikapower
Oct 3rd, 2010, 08:21 PM
Subpar for her standards? Do you people actually WATCH matches these days? My god she didn't play well the entire tournament or in Cincinnatti or Montreal or Wimbledon or Eastbourne or Marbella... I think the hype has really blinded a lot of people to Kim's actual level of play.
Kim at her best is a threat for Serena in any slam... although Serena has always gotten Kim in the slams unless 2009 there aren't enough matches between the 2 in Australia to really tell now on their last match went 3 and judging from there last match on HC where Serena fair and square lost to Kimmie I say Vika/Kimmie in Ao, anybody on clay, Venus principally in Wim and Kimmie in USO... Maria and Justine are threaths to Serena in any GS and on any surfaces.

justineheninfan
Oct 3rd, 2010, 08:24 PM
wrong. you couldn't bother to look up their H2H? to try and sound like you know what you're talking about?

I am well aware of their head to head. The only two matches they played on hard courts that Serena gives a darn about these days- the Olympics in 2008 and this years Australian Open, Serena won by lopsided scores of 6-2, 6-0 and 6-4, 6-2. So no Stosur is no threat to Serena outside of clay thus far. Being competitive with Serena in smallish events means nothing these days, if you knew what you were talking about you would know this.

TennisFan66
Oct 3rd, 2010, 08:26 PM
Recognizing your opponents value is the epitome of a well behaved person , something some classless people in this thread seem to be lacking. But "like favorite player like fan" i guess

So true and well said. The board is flooded with 'know it all' members, who'll rather make up excuse #4356265329536 why someone they dont like is winning, than give an ounce of credit to their faves opponent.

thrust
Oct 3rd, 2010, 08:49 PM
As Of Now, Kim!

The Witch-king
Oct 3rd, 2010, 08:52 PM
So true and well said. The board is flooded with 'know it all' members, who'll rather make up excuse #4356265329536 why someone they dont like is winning, than give an ounce of credit to their faves opponent.

SO true.:sad:

Olórin
Oct 3rd, 2010, 08:55 PM
Recognizing your opponent's value is the epitome of a well behaved person , something some classless people in this thread seem to be lacking. But "like favorite player like fan" i guess

"Classless" the word is twisted beyond all meaning by the imbeciles on this board. Such inane drivel: when you have nothing to actually say, you may as well just shut up. Please note for your future "behaviour".

pierce85
Oct 3rd, 2010, 09:06 PM
"Classless" the word is twisted beyond all meaning by the imbeciles on this board. Such inane drivel: when you have nothing to actually say, you may as well just shut up. Please note for your future "behaviour".

Firstly you are offended because i obviously struck a nerve, you are one of the classless posters that lack formal and actual education.

Secondly you are not a mod to tell me about my future behaviour and shut up. You can go and play the policeman in a playground, although with your thuggish behaviour the role of the "thief" actually suits you better...

cellophane
Oct 3rd, 2010, 09:08 PM
Her US Open win this year was less than impressive considering she played mediocre tennis every round and her opponents were mental midgets.

I guess we should put an asterisk on every Serena win where she beats mental midgets :sad:

Classless Serena fans :worship:

Gdsimmons
Oct 3rd, 2010, 09:20 PM
It always amazes me how people who 'claim' to dislike or hate or whatever Serena, take time out of their busy days to continually post about her. But they are not fans right?? Ok ;);)

Vikapower
Oct 3rd, 2010, 09:25 PM
I guess we should put an asterisk on every Serena win where she beats mental midgets :sad:

Classless Serena fans :worship:
IDK if this is ironic but it'd be a very interesting thing to do, Wim 2010, USO 2002, Ao 2007... when I pointed out the opponents she faced people started laughing at me... :lol: Kimmie is just too much for Serena except on grass.

selesisqueen
Oct 3rd, 2010, 09:28 PM
The slams where Serena is the player to beat and the bigest threats for her -

Australian Open (Threats - Henin/Dementieva (Just because she can read Serena's serve like no other)/Kim)
Wimbledon (Threats - Venus)
USO (Threats - Kim/Henin)

Dementieva is so done.

Matt01
Oct 3rd, 2010, 09:36 PM
Serena's biggest threats:

Herself, Vika at the AO, Venus/Maria at Wimbledon, Elena D at non slams

That is all.

Big fail here. :help:

CJ07
Oct 3rd, 2010, 09:57 PM
Statistically? Venus. Clijsters is 2-7 against Serena, with her only victories coming at the Tour Champs in 2002 and US Open SF in 2009. Venus is at least 3-6 against Serena in the last 2 seasons, with two of those losses she had match point.

rjd1111
Oct 3rd, 2010, 10:43 PM

What is Caro doing as a pick?

In 7 matches against Kim, Vee, and Serena

she has only won one set.

TennisFan66
Oct 3rd, 2010, 10:47 PM
It always amazes me how people who 'claim' to dislike or hate or whatever Serena, take time out of their busy days to continually post about her. But they are not fans right?? Ok ;);)

You, Caroline Wozniacki, pot, kettle, black. ..

Diesel
Oct 3rd, 2010, 11:19 PM

:lol: never ceases to amaze the fanbases who need validation in any way or form by Serena and Serena fans.

sammy01
Oct 3rd, 2010, 11:37 PM
kim, shes the only one these days who can/could keep upto pace with serena. also kim is insanely good at returning serve, whether it be bunting or slicing back huge serves or angled crosscourt returns.

players like venus and caro just don't have that sort of control on return to threaten serena now.

serena would be the fave going into a match with kim still, but i bet serena would be extra concentrated and prepared playing kim than anyone else now.

Jajaloo
Oct 3rd, 2010, 11:45 PM

BUT. Maria won Memphis and Strasbourg... .. .. :haha:

shoryuken
Oct 3rd, 2010, 11:47 PM

:spit: :rolls:

Vikapower
Oct 4th, 2010, 12:28 AM
What does Jankovic fans even do in these kinds of discussions ?? :rolleyes:

When you're supporting the slamless worst #1 ever... losing to the likes of Kaia Kanepi 2 times in row, who's owned by the week arsed Maria that you mock (5-1) and won Strasbourg/Memphis... JJ who keeps retiring everytime Maria owns her useless unsexy ass [...] I would STFU and wouldn't come all around direstpecting Maria on GM. :rolleyes: :dance:

makirilenko
Oct 4th, 2010, 12:35 AM
Where is "injury?"

homogenius
Oct 4th, 2010, 12:50 AM
What does Jankovic fans even do in these kinds of discussions ?? :rolleyes:

When you're supporting the slamless worst #1 ever... losing to the likes of Kaia Kanepi 2 times in row, who's owned by the week arsed Maria that you mock (5-1) and won Strasbourg/Memphis... JJ who keeps retiring everytime Maria owns her useless unsexy ass [...] I would STFU and wouldn't come all around direstpecting Maria on GM. :rolleyes: :dance:

Serena vs Maria : 6-2 (3-1 in slams)
Serena vs Jelena 4-4 (2-1 in slams)

Las time Maria beat Serena ? 2004
Last time JJ beat Serena : 2010 (2008 in a slam).

Based on this, as a Maria fan what justify YOUR presence in this thread ? :confused:

ps : the rest of your post is such bs that it's not even worth of an answer.

mauresmofan
Oct 4th, 2010, 01:10 AM
Kim easily - she has great defense and killer groundstrokes plus her serve apart from quite recently has been very reliable and consistant

Vikapower
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:32 AM
Serena vs Maria : 6-2 (3-1 in slams)
Serena vs Jelena 4-4 (2-1 in slams)

Last time Maria beat Serena ? 2004
Last time JJ beat Serena : 2010 (2008 in a slam).
Thanks for the statistics although I knew them already. :yeah: but really what's your point with all this ?? :lol:

Maria beat Serena to win a major whereas the loser Jelena wasn't event able to get past Serena to win USO 2008 do we even have to argue on that... :shrug: Jankovic beat Serena on clay, is clay Serena's top surface ? You should seriously think about that before you come boasting. :lol: Maria RG 2010 would have owned Serena on that surface too, BTW anyone would own Serena on that surface. :p

What bugs me is that you mock the actual Maria who won Strasbourg/Memphis but your short memory forgets that this same actual weak arsed Maria you mock schooled Crapkovic in Pékin who seeing as always in that match how owned she was going to be against a 40-50% Maria runs away just couple months aback - Your player sucks big time and you as a fan still have the courage to come around to discredit Maria ?? You seriously must be a clear Jankotroll. :help:

Based on this, as a Maria fan what justify YOUR presence in this thread ? :confused:
Maybe you tried to demonstrate that Jelena is a bigger threat to Serena than Maria in slams but I shall tell you that this is an epical fail... Maria at her best can own Serena even at her absolute best which is not JJ's case if I recall from USO 2008.

H2H don't say nothing and it isn't because Maria losses to Serena actually that means that their next match up willn't be in Maria's favor... a below average Maria got Serena disgusted in Wimbledon 2010 (e.g watch when Serena nods her head in front of Maria at the end of the match) whereas a 10 000% Jankovic wasn't even abled against a 50-60% casual USO Serena... pfff...

Jankovic fans don't play in the same league as Serena, Maria and I might even say the Ana, Fran league so please go and battle out your fave with Safina, Caroline, sibling pushers and Dementieva that would prevent this kind of childish talks on GM. ;)

homogenius
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:00 AM
Thanks for the statistics although I knew them already. :yeah: but really what's your point with all this ?? :lol:

Maria beat Serena to win a major whereas the loser Jelena wasn't event able to get past Serena to win USO 2008 do we even have to argue on that... :shrug: Jankovic beat Serena on clay, is clay Serena's top surface ? You should seriously think about that before you come boasting. :lol: Maria RG 2010 would have owned Serena on that surface too, BTW anyone would own Serena on that surface. :p

What bugs me is that you mock the actual Maria who won Strasbourg/Memphis but your short memory forgets that this same actual weak arsed Maria you mock schooled Crapkovic in Pékin who seeing as always in that match how owned she was going to be against a 40-50% Maria runs away just couple months aback - Your player sucks big time and you as a fan still have the courage to come around to discredit Maria ?? You seriously must be a clear Jankotroll. :help:

Maybe you tried to demonstrate that Jelena is a bigger threat to Serena than Maria in slams but I shall tell you that this is an epical fail... Maria at her best can own Serena even at her absolute best which is not JJ's case if I recall from USO 2008.

H2H don't say nothing and it isn't because Maria losses to Serena actually that means that their next match up willn't be in Maria's favor... a below average Maria got Serena disgusted in Wimbledon 2010 (e.g watch when Serena nods her head in front of Maria at the end of the match) whereas a 10 000% Jankovic wasn't even abled against a 50-60% casual USO Serena... pfff...

Jankovic fans don't play in the same league as Serena, Maria and I might even say the Ana, Fran league so please go and battle out your fave with Safina, Caroline, sibling pushers and Dementieva that would prevent this kind of childish talks on GM. ;)

Jelena IS a bigger threat to Serena (in slams or not)than Maria.You can choose to disregard the H2H but that won't change the reality : players like Venus, Kim, JJ or Justine have wins over Serena in the past years, Maria has none.All your crap talk about JJ just shows how insecure you are and I won't do the same on maria (and no, saying that Serena owns her is not dissing Maria).

+1 for the entertainment value of your post though : gems like "Maria at her best can own Serena even at her absolute best" are always welcome :hearts:

DefyingGravity
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:09 AM
I feel that Stosur is a legitimate threat at Roland Garros...clearly from the fact that she beat Serena FROM MATCH POINT DOWN. Why is no one talking about Stosur at Roland Garros? Because they think it's a one off, but the fact remains that she's done well there twice now. She's got good memories, and that high spin just goades Serena into countless errors.

Justine in her current state of mind isn't going to beat Serena anywhere. She's making more unforced errors and serving poorer than when she did beat Serena...with a combination of defence and offense that really bothered everyone. That, and throw in the mix of pace and Justine could really disrupt Serena's rhythm, which is what you need to do to beat her.

Kim beat Serena once...great...let's see her do it again. In Australia, Kim really SHOULD have, but didn't. Had Kim closed out 30-0, 5-1 in the third, who knows...

Sharapova will not ever be as long as Serena knows that she can just make her run. If Maria came out with guns blazing, including her serve, I can see her knocking off Serena again but she has to play a blinder of a match.

Venus sure as hell can't because she just doesn't play consistently anymore.

Caro doesn't hit enough winners. Same with Vera

If Elena recovers and hits 2009 form, I think she can. She was so close last time at Wimbledon that it was a little scary.

Sveta could as well. Sometimes, it's scary what she can do in terms of defence and offense combinations.

Vika has really worked her way into the conversation with her building leads in Australia. It doesn't matter how bad Serena was playing or not, someone had to make her play awfully. Serena was pressing a little too much, but she either waited for Vika to faint or found a hitch in Victoria's giddyup and took advantage.

If Ivanovic comes back anywhere near her best, it would be interesting to see. The 2009 Dubai match was actually very high quality, and Serena almost instinctively knew that Ana could potentially take her out.

Vikapower
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:56 AM
Jelena IS a bigger threat to Serena (in slams or not)than Maria. You can choose to disregard the H2H but that won't change the reality : players like Venus, Kim, JJ or Justine have wins over Serena in the past years, Maria has none. All your crap talk about JJ just shows how insecure you are and I won't do the same on maria (and no, saying that Serena owns her is not dissing Maria).

+1 for the entertainment value of your post though : gems like "Maria at her best can own Serena even at her absolute best" are always welcome :hearts:
:lol: You're really pure comedy... anyway that's the only thing Jelena has to boast, poor her, maybe Well, well, maybe Maria isn't much of threat as Jelena in slams than Maria wich is completely false but Maria will always be remembered to have taken a slam off Serena something Jelena failed and will always fail to do since now she isn't even able to get past the second weeks in majors anymore. :lol:

Why would I feel insecure with a champion like Maria who owns 3 slams and multiple other achievements ? :lol: Seriously I just really can't believe you want to confront Jelena to Maria this is complete ridiculous... :lol: JJ and her fans should feel insecure as years passes by and she still hasn't yet won a major while her game goes downhill lightning fast.

What does beating Serena bring in your life other than just for ultra-fanatics like you to come around boasting these kinds of useless stats ? When Maria was playing untouchable tennis in 2008 where was Serena ? When Maria was greatness in YEC 2007 where was Serena again ?

It's really not Maria's fault when she plays great tennis suddenly Serena is invisible, injured or I don't know somekind of excuse... Serena only gets Maria when she plays bad or is in choking mode in majors or both (e.g Wim 2010, Ao 2005) that's what explains their H2H and makes it irrelevant but any of these times when Maria played great, Serena would have had no answers, there's really no possible arguements on that.

H2Hs don't tell all the story and Serena doesn't own Maria as much as the H2H will indicate... Serena is slighly in front of Maria because Maria never gives her real best when she faces Serena... get it's the same situation as when please dominate me sister folds without resistance as soon as Serena makes a scream. Maria's H2H to Serena is a complete mythe that doesn't need to be taken in consideration because we all know that Maria>>>Serena on a tennis, technique... standpoint.

new-york
Oct 4th, 2010, 04:05 AM
in form Belgians.

Venus is gonna do a Venus. :help:

homogenius
Oct 4th, 2010, 04:28 AM
:lol: You're really pure comedy... anyway that's the only thing Jelena has to boast, poor her, maybe Well, well, maybe Maria isn't much of threat as Jelena in slams than Maria wich is completely false but Maria will always be remembered to have taken a slam off Serena something Jelena failed and will always fail to do since now she isn't even able to get past the second weeks in majors anymore. :lol:

Why would I feel insecure with a champion like Maria who owns 3 slams and multiple other achievements ? :lol: Seriously I just really can't believe you want to confront Jelena to Maria this is complete ridiculous... :lol: JJ and her fans should feel insecure as years passes by and she still hasn't yet won a major while her game goes downhill lightning fast.

What does beating Serena bring in your life other than just for ultra-fanatics like you to come around boasting these kinds of useless stats ? When Maria was playing untouchable tennis in 2008 where was Serena ? When Maria was greatness in YEC 2007 where was Serena again ?

It's really not Maria's fault when she plays great tennis suddenly Serena is invisible, injured or I don't know somekind of excuse... Serena only gets Maria when she plays bad or is in choking mode in majors or both (e.g Wim 2010, Ao 2005) that's what explains their H2H and makes it irrelevant but any of these times when Maria played great, Serena would have had no answers, there's really no possible arguements on that.

H2Hs don't tell all the story and Serena doesn't own Maria as much as the H2H will indicate... Serena is slighly in front of Maria because Maria never gives her real best when she faces Serena... get it's the same situation as when please dominate me sister folds without resistance as soon as Serena makes a scream. Maria's H2H to Serena is a complete mythe that doesn't need to be taken in consideration because we all know that Maria>>>Serena on a tennis, technique... standpoint.

It's not useless stats, it's H2h which help to see who is a threat to Serena and who isn't (remember that it was the topic of the thread, you dumbass :weirdo:).You're the one trying to turn this into a "maria is greater than jelena !!11111" because the truth hurts.

As for the excuses you give to explain why the Ree vs Maria H2H is irrelevant : it's just bad trolling.Try harder.

ZODIAC
Oct 4th, 2010, 04:47 AM
Serena is her own threat that 7-2 against Kim is not child play.I feel like Serena learns quickly from her mistakes and will not allow what happened to her at the Open happen to her again.I think if she meets Kim next year in Australia Serena will be ready,its bound to happen maybe as early the YEC 2010...Rena knows how to exact revenge and she will be ready for mommy bear in 2011..

mariavikafan
Oct 4th, 2010, 05:08 AM
It's not useless stats, it's H2h which help to see who is a threat to Serena and who isn't (remember that it was the topic of the thread, you dumbass :weirdo:).You're the one trying to turn this into a "maria is greater than jelena !!11111" because the truth hurts.

As for the excuses you give to explain why the Ree vs Maria H2H is irrelevant : it's just bad trolling.Try harder.

I won't say H2H is irrelevant that's for sure but do I need to tell you that Serena owns Kim too (7/2 in H2H) even though most of their meetings were before 2004 Serena still owns her but in one match anything can happen with these too just like with Maria.
And I get vikapower's point because let's be serious Maria at her best or near her best is a bigger threat to Serena than JJ, it's an insult to compare them Jelena had the chance to meet Serena in 2008 but Maria was an another planet Serena didn't even win one set over JJ so I'm not sure she would have stand a chance against Maria on fire.
Serena owns Maria since 2005 but many matches were really close and the fact that I know Serena needs to be at her best or near her best to beat Maria and somehow seems always ready for the challenge when Maria is on the other side of the net proves me that Serena takes Maria more seriously than JJ.
Anyway I really hope Maria and Serena will play each other a long time again because their meetings are simply the best of the best.

selesisqueen
Oct 4th, 2010, 05:14 AM
The reason Jankovic is a bigger threat to Serena than Maria has nothing to do with level of ability to all those overly sensitive Maria fans in this thread. It is all about playing styles. Maria's problem is she tries to hit through Serena and Serena LOVES pace. Jankovic with far less explosive weapons than Maria, mixes it up and mostly plays defensively excellent tennis with just spurts off good offense thrown in and frusterates Serena into errors.

homogenius
Oct 4th, 2010, 05:24 AM
I won't say H2H is irrelevant that's for sure but do I need to tell you that Serena owns Kim too (7/2 in H2H) even though most of their meetings were before 2004 Serena still owns her but in one match anything can happen with these too just like with Maria.
And I get vikapower's point because let's be serious Maria at her best or near her best is a bigger threat to Serena than JJ, it's an insult to compare them Jelena had the chance to meet Serena in 2008 but Maria was an another planet Serena didn't even win one set over JJ so I'm not sure she would have stand a chance against Maria on fire.
Serena owns Maria since 2005 but many matches were really close and the fact that I know Serena needs to be at her best or near her best to beat Maria and somehow seems always ready for the challenge when Maria is on the other side of the net proves me that Serena takes Maria more seriously than JJ.
Anyway I really hope Maria and Serena will play each other a long time again because their meetings are simply the best of the best.

Serena doesn't need to play her best to beat Maria (just look at their Wimbly match this year).And she did play (and beat)Maria in 2008, not at the Ao but Maria was still in great form.

One last thing : Serena is also always ready for the challenge against JJ.The fact that she generally wants to smack Maria down doesn't mean she takes her more seriously than some others players but rather that she doesn't like her imho.

Rome
Oct 4th, 2010, 05:25 AM
Can someone tell me what size racket Kim use? Her racket head looks huge.

ZODIAC
Oct 4th, 2010, 05:53 AM
The reason Jankovic is a bigger threat to Serena than Maria has nothing to do with level of ability to all those overly sensitive Maria fans in this thread. It is all about playing styles. Maria's problem is she tries to hit through Serena and Serena LOVES pace. Jankovic with far less explosive weapons than Maria, mixes it up and mostly plays defensively excellent tennis with just spurts off good offense thrown in and frusterates Serena into errors.since Jankovic has beaten Rena at 2008AO the latter has gone on to win 4 slams and JJ with all her defence is stuck at 0,sometimes an offensive game game is the best defence:rolleyes:

selesisqueen
Oct 4th, 2010, 06:17 AM
since Jankovic has beaten Rena at 2008AO the latter has gone on to win 4 slams and JJ with all her defence is stuck at 0,sometimes an offensive game game is the best defence:rolleyes:

I never said Jankovic had a slam winning game or a better game than in form Maria. I simply pointed out the reality she had a game that bothers Serena more than Maria.

PMBH
Oct 4th, 2010, 06:18 AM

Caro hasn't met any of these three in 2010. In fact, she has only played a total of three matches against them over the past 2,5 years. Caro has improved a lot during that time and given her age can be expected to continue to grow as a player. Serena and Kim are probably at their peak level but can be expected to decline for each year they continue to play. Vee has been in decline for some time already and will probably retire in 2012 according to her own statement.

The future belongs to Caro :lick:

Vikapower
Oct 4th, 2010, 07:28 AM
Mariavikafan --- It's exactly that... Serena knows that Maria is a huge danger for her so she always comes very very focused... In Wim 2009 against Vika, even in Dubaď 2009 against Ana... Serena came on the court with her focus at peak... since the start of the match because the girl knows whom to fear and whom not to fear... no one fears Jelena and Serena plays JJ like as if it was an exhibition match for most...

Even in the USO 2008 Serena could have played a better tennis but let JJ hang around in that match... I bet if Maria was in front Serena would try all her best to blaster Maria from the court. :rolleyes:

I don't try to turn this into a JJ/Maria that would be useless since Maria is all over JJ. I wouldn't be waisting my time in an argument of that sort... :help:

I only state that these 2 H2H's would be tighter or in Maria's favor if only Serena wasn't hidding when Maria plays her best tennis... Maria would have gotten 2-3 wins more over Serena... that's why their H2H is completely irrelevant...

Serena doesn't need to play her best to beat Maria (just look at their Wimbly match this year). And she did play (and beat) Maria in 2008, not at the Ao but Maria was still in great form.
Both Maria and Serena didn't play their best but Serena was playing a lot more better than Maria... I'd say Serena was 70% and Maria 35-45% and yet Maria was still almost close from taking a set to Serena... I agree that Serena didn't have to play her best to beat Maria but Maria didn't need to play her best either to put a Serena near her best in danger... so imagine if Maria was like 70-80% Serena would have been non existant in that match.

Furthermore Maria 2008 started fading and didn't have her brillant level from start even from before middle 2008... The Maria Serena faced in Charleston was weaker... if these 2 had faced for example in Doha though Maria got buged by Voskovoeva and Vera - Serena would have gotten schooled but hey, Serena is a specialist in always facing Maria when Maria is in choking mode or fading. :help:

The fact that she generally wants to smack Maria down doesn't mean she takes her more seriously than some others players but rather that she doesn't like her imho.
Well your last phrase can be true though Maria loves losing to Serena that's why she finds herself not playing her best when she faces the American... If you watch Charleston handshake Maria even laughed or smiled or whatever she did to show Serena how happy she was to lose that match. :weirdo: Serena was stoic... but Serena knows that Maria at her best would destroy her in pieces so she always takes care to not come as a tourist in their match ups or to just plain and simple hide when Maria is untouchable.

Human Nature
Oct 4th, 2010, 07:35 AM
:spit:IDK if this is ironic but it'd be a very interesting thing to do, Wim 2010, USO 2002, Ao 2007... when I pointed out the opponents she faced people started laughing at me... :lol: Kimmie is just too much for Serena except on grass.

:spit: 7 2 H2H too much for serena

You are definitely one of the BIGGEST troll if not BIGGEST of the history of this board

Rome
Oct 4th, 2010, 07:51 AM
I only state that these 2 H2H's would be tighter or in Maria's favor if only Serena wasn't hidding when Maria plays her best tennis... Maria would have gotten 2-3 wins more over Serena... that's why their H2H is completely irrelevant...

Both Maria and Serena didn't play their best but Serena was playing a lot more better than Maria... I'd say Serena was 70% and Maria 35-45% and yet Maria was still almost close from taking a set to Serena... I agree that Serena didn't have to play her best to beat Maria but Maria didn't need to play her best either to put a Serena near her best in danger... so imagine if Maria was like 70-80% Serena would have been non existant in that match.

Furthermore Maria 2008 started fading and didn't have her brillant level from start even from before middle 2008... The Maria Serena faced in Charleston was weaker... if these 2 had faced for example in Doha though Maria got buged by Voskovoeva and Vera - Serena would have gotten schooled but hey, Serena is a specialist in always facing Maria when Maria is in choking mode or fading. :help:

Well your last phrase can be true though Maria loves losing to Serena that's why she finds herself not playing her best when she faces the American... If you watch Charleston handshake Maria even laughed or smiled or whatever she did to show Serena how happy she was to lose that match. :weirdo: Serena was stoic... but Serena knows that Maria at her best would destroy her in pieces so she always takes care to not come as a tourist in their match ups or to just plain and simple hide when Maria is untouchable.

Did we watch the same match? Because as i rember this match was all about first strike tennis. And i hate to be the one to brake it to you maria was at 80%-85% and the reason i state this is because her serve was on fire for most of the match. I also like to point out maria didn't want to get into any long rallies at all. She knows that long rallies favor Serena and not her anymore.

Matt01
Oct 4th, 2010, 10:56 AM

Unlike Maria of course whose game is becoming stronger and stronger :hearts:

ZODIAC
Oct 4th, 2010, 11:02 AM
I never said Jankovic had a slam winning game or a better game than in form Maria. I simply pointed out the reality she had a game that bothers Serena more than Maria.Jankovic s game never bothers Serena when it really counts and when she is motivated,same with Dementieva she can claim to have Serena s number but when it really counts...no contest:rolleyes:

Galsen
Oct 4th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Unlike Maria of course whose game is becoming stronger and stronger :hearts:

:lol: :lol:

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 4th, 2010, 12:49 PM
vikapower :spit: this stuff keeps getting better

jrm
Oct 4th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Only Clijsters

Vikapower
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:08 PM
Did we watch the same match? Because as i rember this match was all about first strike tennis. And i hate to be the one to brake it to you maria was at 80%-85% and the reason i state this is because her serve was on fire for most of the match. I also like to point out maria didn't want to get into any long rallies at all. She knows that long rallies favor Serena and not her anymore.
ROTFL Her serve was on fire ? :lol: Do you even know the stats ? :help:

Maria was 42/67 63% was winning 31/42 75% on first serve, 13/25 52% on second serve, 7 DF, 3 aces, Maria's average 1st Serve Speed = 109 MPH, average 2nd Serve Speed = 96 MPH... Maria only won 6 points with her serve in the deuce court and 4 points in the ad court... that's not what I call to be on fire. ;)

In the first set, which was the better set of the 2, Maria was 20/39 51% winning 31/42 72% of first serves, 13/25 52% of second serves - to put in perspective though Serena was 12/39 31% of points won off the ROS... Serena for comparison was 13 aces for 2... Maria forced 30 errors from Serena (66-17-5-14)... Serena forced 19 errors from Maria...

In the first set Maria hit 11 winners for 9 UE, Serena 21 winners for 12 UE... overall in the match Serena is +14, Maria is -4, I'm just so sorry to tell you that you're wrong in all freaking possible ways. :lol: Serena clearly was the better player in that match although she didn't play great... Maria played below average and still put Serena in big danger... so I repeat if Maria was only 80-85% as you say Serena would be non existant. :lol:

:spit: 7 2 H2H too much for serena

You are definitely one of the BIGGEST troll if not BIGGEST of the history of this board
And you're the person with the less understanding abilities on this thread ever. :rolleyes: By too much I meant that Kimmie's tennis is too much for Serena... Serena uses her mental abilities to outclass Kimmie and most of her opponents... Serena is outclassed by a lot of players (tennis, technique) but the fact that she has such mental abilities makes her almost untouchable... Get it, like Wozniacki... in that sense Serena and Caro at least share something in common.

Matt01
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:14 PM
Jankovic s game never bothers Serena when it really counts and when she is motivated,same with Dementieva she can claim to have Serena s number but when it really counts...no contest:rolleyes:

So AO 2008 didn't count?

Human Nature
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:23 PM

Maria was 42/67 63% was winning 31/42 75% on first serve, 13/25 52% on second serve, 7 DF, 3 aces, Maria's average 1st Serve Speed = 109 MPH, average 2nd Serve Speed = 96 MPH... Maria only won 6 points with her serve in the deuce court and 4 points in the ad court... that's not what I call to be on fire. ;)

In the first set, which was the better set of the 2, Maria was 20/39 51% winning 31/42 72% of first serves, 13/25 52% of second serves - to put in perspective though Serena was 12/39 31% of points won off the ROS... Serena for comparison was 13 aces for 2... Maria forced 30 errors from Serena (66-17-5-14)... Serena forced 19 errors from Maria...

In the first set Maria hit 11 winners for 9 UE, Serena 21 winners for 12 UE... overall in the match Serena is +14, Maria is -4, I'm just so sorry to tell you that you're wrong in all freaking possible ways. :lol: Serena clearly was the better player in that match although she didn't play great... Maria played below average and still put Serena in big danger... so I repeat if Maria was only 80-85% as you say Serena would be non existant. :lol:

And you're the person with the less understanding abilities on this thread ever. :rolleyes: By too much I meant that Kimmie's tennis is too much for Serena... Serena uses her mental abilities to outclass Kimmie and most of her opponents... Serena is outclassed by a lot of players (tennis, technique) but the fact that she has such mental abilities makes her almost untouchable... Get it, like Wozniacki... in that sense Serena and Caro at least share something in common.

:spit: At least you use perfectely well Humour and irony when it comes to qualify yourself

If Kim's tennis was too much for serena then she would have been the one leading 7 2 and not the contrary

You whole post about mental blah blah is complete bullshit

keep on ridiculing yourself and trolling on this board you will be ban sooner or later

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:23 PM
another gem :lol:

ZODIAC
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:37 PM
So AO 2008 didn't count?toothache;)

Vikapower
Oct 4th, 2010, 02:37 PM
:spit: At least you use perfectely well Humour and irony when it comes to qualify yourself

If Kim's tennis was too much for serena then she would have been the one leading 7 2 and not the contrary

You whole post about mental blah blah is complete bullshit

keep on ridiculing yourself and trolling on this board you will be ban sooner or later
Seriously do you even make an effort to understand ? :lol: You're comedy at the highest... it's not because you have the better technique that you're obviously going to beat everyone... Serena has something that is the most important in the game which is mental fortitude and that also explains why she owned Kim... despite being technically inferior... Kim worked on that and watch the result in USO 2009.

Caro doesn't have the best technique out there and yet she's putting almost all the players she faces actually straight... does that tell you something ?? :help: Kim by having worked on that aspect of her game has now an edge over Serena and I barely see the american bugging Kimmie in the future.

selesisqueen
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Jankovic s game never bothers Serena when it really counts and when she is motivated,same with Dementieva she can claim to have Serena s number but when it really counts...no contest:rolleyes:

You are right. I am sure Serena wanted to lose to the Jankovic at the Australian Open. :rolleyes:

SAEKeithSerena
Oct 4th, 2010, 03:47 PM
herself and kimmy

bandabou
Oct 4th, 2010, 08:19 PM
:haha: :rolls: So now Maria doesn't try hard enough against Serena?!

ZODIAC
Oct 4th, 2010, 08:30 PM
You are right. I am sure Serena wanted to lose to the Jankovic at the Australian Open. :rolleyes:she had toothache ,if you watched the match she looked out of sorts and kept touching her jaw..after AO08 she had surgery:p

pierce85
Oct 4th, 2010, 08:35 PM
she had toothache ,if you watched the match she looked out of sorts and kept touching her jaw..after AO10 she had surgery:p

mwahahahaha toothache :worship:
What ache is left for the next Serena loss; earlobe ache?

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 4th, 2010, 08:56 PM
Seriously do you even make an effort to understand ? :lol: You're comedy at the highest... it's not because you have the better technique that you're obviously going to beat everyone... Serena has something that is the most important in the game which is mental fortitude and that also explains why she owned Kim... despite being technically inferior... Kim worked on that and watch the result in USO 2009.

Caro doesn't have the best technique out there and yet she's putting almost all the players she faces actually straight... does that tell you something ?? :help: Kim by having worked on that aspect of her game has now an edge over Serena and I barely see the american bugging Kimmie in the future.

you also predicted serena out of the top 20 and vika being at top for this year :lol:

Vikapower
Oct 4th, 2010, 09:04 PM
you also predicted serena out of the top 20 and vika being at top for this year :lol:
I'd really like to know when I said Serena would be out of the top 20... why would Serena be out of the top 20 ?? And as for Victoria who knew she would be so injury prone this year, that doesnt count. :lol:

ZODIAC
Oct 4th, 2010, 09:14 PM
mwahahahaha toothache :worship:
What ache is left for the next Serena loss; earlobe ache?well if JJ is that good she would have won a slam or YEC by now.Serena has not played for months and is still ranked no.1...that says a lot about the tour:tape:

Gdsimmons
Oct 4th, 2010, 09:44 PM
Well look what this thread has become. Who would've guessed?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Rome
Oct 4th, 2010, 10:22 PM

Can you link a match where pova played her best?

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 5th, 2010, 02:15 AM
I'd really like to know when I said Serena would be out of the top 20... why would Serena be out of the top 20 ?? And as for Victoria who knew she would be so injury prone this year, that doesnt count. :lol:

let's say i've seen other forums :lol: and it's not far fetched for you to believe she would be when you think everyone is so much better :lol:

Vikapower
Oct 5th, 2010, 03:08 AM
Can you link a match where pova played her best?
Against Serena ?? Any, I have no matches where Maria has played her best against Serena even in Ao 2005 Maria multiply choked had 51 UE in comparision with Serena who had 53, in Wim 2010 Maria was near below 50%, Ao 2007 Maria's serve sucked... in Charleston 2009 Maria owned Serena for 3 games and a half in the first set to completely crumble once more again... she came back in the second was satisfied according to her smile at the end of the match didn't even try anymore...

Maria loves losing to Serena IDK for what ever reason that is IMO it's respect... Maria respects Serena so much that she doesn't want to give 100% against the American in comparison to Jankovic and how Maria despise that loser to always come on court with that killer instinct... really unfortunate that Maria shows so much self-sufficiency when facing Serena...

let's say i've seen other forums :lol: and it's not far fetched for you to believe she would be when you think everyone is so much better :lol:
ROTLF only Maria, possibly Vika, Clijster, Justine are technically heads and shoulders over Serena so that still doesn't put Serena out of the top 20. :lol: Even between the young americans and on a pure technique standpoint only technique a girl like Gullickson>>>Serena. :devil:<<>>:angel:

shoparound
Oct 5th, 2010, 03:36 AM
So why are people talking about Maria? :lol:

And so is it just about unanimous that Kim is the biggest threat to Serena?

justineheninfan
Oct 5th, 2010, 03:53 AM
I do it sort of funny to those who mention the 7-2 head to head of Serena vs Kim. They have only played 4 matches since the 2002 YEC which was Kim's breakthrough. And the results:

2002 YEC- Kim wins in straight sets in big upsets
2003 Australian Open semis- Kim up 5-1 in 3rd set and chokes away a huge lead to lose (and that is one difference from current Kim to old Kim, if she gets in that kind of position she would not and does not choke now)
2003 Miami semis- Easy straight sets win for Serena 6-4, 6-2
2009 U.S Open semis- Kim wins in 2 sets in big upset so early in her comeback

So in the 4 matches vs the actual Kim Clijsters we have known for years, rather than the middling second tier up and comer version, Serena has had an easy win once. To talk about matches against Kim in 2001 and 2002 is kind of pointless. If Davenport or Capriati played 6 of her 9 matches with Kim in those years even they might have a 7-2 head to head with her too. It would be like if Kim played Serena 5 or 6 times in 2005 and 2006 and probably racked up some cheap wins over a blubbering way out of shape/form Serena.

It is similar to how Venus's head to head with Henin at 7-2 really indicates nothing since all the matches except 1 were January 2003 or earlier. Henin's head to head with Serena and Kim's head to head with Venus is far more accurately represenative of the threat the Belgians present to the Williams all things equal which is a fairly close and well fought one.

mariavikafan
Oct 5th, 2010, 04:47 AM
Maria loves losing to Serena IDK for what ever reason that is IMO it's respect... Maria respects Serena so much that she doesn't want to give 100% against the American in comparison to Jankovic and how Maria despise that loser to always come on court with that killer instinct... really unfortunate that Maria shows so much self-sufficiency when facing Serena...

Maria doesn't love losing to Serena, the way Serena is hanging out is unbelievable since AO 2005 Serena is in Maria's head thet way she fought in this match IMO killed Maria a lil bit sure Maria has her chances against Serena but many times Serena is the one who wins saving mp and set points etc... I have to admit that must hurt.

tennisforadults
Oct 5th, 2010, 04:54 AM

Are you Maria's pen-pal? You are making all kinds of hilarious assumptions based on your own bizarre thoughts.

mariavikafan
Oct 5th, 2010, 05:00 AM
Anyway I keep believing Maria Justine and Clijsters are Serena's biggest rivals even though she owns two of them, in one match they can beat her on any surface if they play their best and Serena isn't.

Maria rocks
Oct 5th, 2010, 07:42 AM
When on form Noone is a threat

Rome
Oct 5th, 2010, 07:46 AM

This

Rome
Oct 5th, 2010, 07:51 AM
Against Serena ?? Any, I have no matches where Maria has played her best against Serena even in Ao 2005 Maria multiply choked had 51 UE in comparision with Serena who had 53, in Wim 2010 Maria was near below 50%, Ao 2007 Maria's serve sucked... in Charleston 2009 Maria owned Serena for 3 games and a half in the first set to completely crumble once more again... she came back in the second was satisfied according to her smile at the end of the match didn't even try anymore...

ROTLF only Maria, possibly Vika, Clijster, Justine are technically heads and shoulders over Serena so that still doesn't put Serena out of the top 20. :lol: Even between the young americans and on a pure technique standpoint only technique a girl like Gullickson>>>Serena. :devil:<<>>:angel:

I wish she didnt have that repect for Kim because she lost to kim in 3 sets. And this Technique that these girls have sure are not helping them win.

bandabou
Oct 5th, 2010, 08:14 AM
It is similar to how Venus's head to head with Henin at 7-2 really indicates nothing since all the matches except 1 were January 2003 or earlier. Henin's head to head with Serena and Kim's head to head with Venus is far more accurately represenative of the threat the Belgians present to the Williams all things equal which is a fairly close and well fought one.

Fair enough..although Vee has really been owned by the Belgians lately. Doubt Serena will ever be owned by either Belgian.

Matt01
Oct 5th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Maria respects Serena so much that she doesn't want to give 100% against the American

Yeah, that must be it.

SerenaSlam
Oct 5th, 2010, 01:55 PM
def not Woz i just watched her beat dementieva the other day when TTC replayed that match. and im looking at this match not to put her down any but wondering why the WTA is in the state that it is in. An off form Serena, Venus, Kim would take her out in two sets like 6-4 6-4 playing like that and let them have a good day Caros game wouldn't develop no more than 4-5 games in my opinion. Serena's Biggest threat is Kim. We saw it at the Open last year. I am really geeked for them to have a match. I feel like its the rivalry the tour needs. Because CW is consistently well. But when you picture here up against these bigger players they already showed her top 10 stat for the year she is 3-12. And she has never won a set let alone a match against anyone named Williams or Clijsters. And the game i saw that won her the title last year is not the game that would even get her at 5 all in set.

Venus not a threat. Venus needs to have a wakeup call. Especially with her career getting near the end (although she doens't look at it like that) if a change does not happen things will continue to go downhill. Justine is injured. Dont expect to hear from her to probably hardcourt season next year. So when i look at the australian open and the players and their form going in....Kim is Serena's only issue.

Vikapower
Oct 5th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Maria doesn't love losing to Serena, the way Serena is hanging out is unbelievable since AO 2005 Serena is in Maria's head thet way she fought in this match IMO killed Maria a lil bit sure Maria has her chances against Serena but many times Serena is the one who wins saving mp and set points etc... I have to admit that must hurt.
Maybe she thinks she doesn't but from my look she does, why did she almost act happy at the net when she lost to Serena in Charleston ?? :weirdo: In 2005 Ao it isn't Serena that saved MP but Maria who blew them off... the first with a widely stroke DTL and the second with a huge netted FH... Serena stroke a return winner and some other winner I can't remember... at 7-6 in the third Maria was spraying errors all over the place... anyways that wasn't a good match Maria and Serena both widely beyond 40+ UE (51 and 53).

Are you Maria's pen-pal? You are making all kinds of hilarious assumptions based on your own bizarre thoughts.
These are from the signals a player send I don't invent nothing. :shrug:

I wish she didnt have that repect for Kim because she lost to kim in 3 sets. And this Technique that these girls have sure are not helping them win.
Well you can have a superbe technique and have 0 gameplan, on court strategies obviously otherwise a girl like Petra would be already top 3-5 with a major or not.

Yeah, that must be it.
It's that though the only exception I have is Rafa, he respects Federer very much but gets beyond that when he has to do buisness.

Craigy
Oct 5th, 2010, 02:36 PM
vikapower. :hysteric: Never change.

Olórin
Oct 5th, 2010, 02:41 PM
Maybe she thinks she doesn't but from my look she does, why did she almost act happy at the net when she lost to Serena in Charleston ?? :weirdo: In 2005 Ao it isn't Serena that saved MP but Maria who blew them off... the first with a widely stroke DTL and the second with a huge netted FH... Serena stroke a return winner and some other winner I can't remember... at 7-6 in the third Maria was spraying errors all over the place... anyways that wasn't a good match Maria and Serena both widely beyond 40+ UE (51 and 53).

These are from the signals a player send I don't invent nothing. :shrug:

Well you can have a superbe technique and have 0 gameplan, on court strategies obviously otherwise a girl like Petra would be already top 3-5 with a major or not.

It's that though the only exception I have is Rafa, he respects Federer very much but gets beyond that when he has to do buisness.

Did you see what happened here? http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=421327

Oopsies.

Perhaps Maria has grown to respect Elena Vesnina too much for her own good. In fact, I think both Maria and Vika are just too respectful these days!

Juju Nostalgique
Oct 5th, 2010, 04:14 PM
Pushniacki... :rolls:

Priscilla.
Oct 5th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Kim :drink:

ZODIAC
Oct 5th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Kim is Serena s threat in AO11:rolleyes:,thats just madness...Serena has won AO 5 times and everyone expects her to beat Rena:help:.I think if Serena is happy in her love life we will see more slams next year:tape:

Kasey
Oct 12th, 2010, 08:11 PM
Definately JJ, Kim, Venus and maybe Justine......I really don't see Pova as a threat when she loses to players like Vesnina :o
vikapower should get some anti-trolling pillls, (don't know whether it's gonna work :rolleyes: )

Serenita
Oct 12th, 2010, 08:15 PM
;)

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 12th, 2010, 09:50 PM
vikapower. :hysteric: Never change.

i actually log on to see what he will post next :lol:

justineheninfan
Oct 12th, 2010, 10:13 PM
Kim is Serena s threat in AO11:rolleyes:,thats just madness...Serena has won AO 5 times and everyone expects her to beat Rena:help:.I think if Serena is happy in her love life we will see more slams next year:tape:

If Kim isnt the biggest threat then who is? Venus? At this point, No. Henin? On her 2010 form No. Sharapova? Get real. Wozniacki? We will see. Clijsters is the obvious choice. It doesnt mean everyone expects her to beat Serena as you claim, but she is the obvious choice as the biggest threat. If she isnt then explain who is instead and why.

And while for now Serena is the one to beat, someone is still likely to beat Serena in some of the slams next year. She hasnt won more than 2 slams since 2002 so the likelihood of her winning 3 of the 4 ever again is quite low.

And despite that she has won 5 Australian Opens, it is pretty obvious the place Serena is by far most unlikely to lose than any is at Wimbledon right now given that there are other top hard court players and virtually none on grass (except her sister who is already past her prime).

justineheninfan
Oct 12th, 2010, 10:19 PM
Fair enough..although Vee has really been owned by the Belgians lately. Doubt Serena will ever be owned by either Belgian.

Kim is a bad matchup for a past her prime Venus. I think a peak Venus would probably have too much power for Kim most times except on clay but it is a guessing game really. It is too bad Justine and Venus have played only 1 match since Justine won her 1st slam. It is crazy in fact, so that matchup is pretty much a total guess.

Serena will never be owned by any player from this era. However Venus, Justine, and Hingis are the 3 who have managed nearly equal head to heads with her.

bandabou
Oct 12th, 2010, 10:25 PM
Kim is a bad matchup for a past her prime Venus. I think a peak Venus would probably have too much power for Kim most times except on clay but it is a guessing game really. It is too bad Justine and Venus have played only 1 match since Justine won her 1st slam. It is crazy in fact, so that matchup is pretty much a total guess.

Serena will never be owned by any player from this era. However Venus, Justine, and Hingis are the 3 who have managed nearly equal head to heads with her.

Uhumm...babygirl rulesss!!

shap_half
Oct 12th, 2010, 10:37 PM
Realistically, if Serena is on no one can beat her.

You realize what the word realistically means right?

In a slam? Venus.

Noctis
Oct 12th, 2010, 10:41 PM
Herself

Matt01
Oct 12th, 2010, 11:26 PM
Herself

:yawn:

Noctis
Oct 12th, 2010, 11:31 PM
:yawn:

yes its BORING to see no one can challenge her anymore in slams
she can only lose to herself

Matt01
Oct 12th, 2010, 11:47 PM
yes its BORING to see no one can challenge her anymore in slams
she can only lose to herself

Didn't she lose to Stosur this year at a Slam? :scratch:

young_gunner913
Oct 12th, 2010, 11:52 PM

No she beat herself but her clone let Stosur take the win. :)

Matt01
Oct 12th, 2010, 11:54 PM
No she beat herself but her clone let Stosur take the win. :)

Which clone?

young_gunner913
Oct 12th, 2010, 11:56 PM
Which clone?

Clone #RC1457

The RC series are good on red clay. ;)

Matt01
Oct 13th, 2010, 12:00 AM
Clone #RC1457

The RC series are good on red clay. ;)

Good to know.

Zhao
Oct 13th, 2010, 01:22 AM
biggest threat to Serena in Slams will be her first serve percentage... she wouldn;t want to engage in a rally against players like Kim...JJ...Li Na..Azarenka..dememtieva etc

Of the lot... Kim will be the biggest problem to Serena in slams because of her ability to read Serena's game... tt provided her forehand dun breakdown :lol:

shoparound
Oct 13th, 2010, 02:17 AM
Herself is not an excuse for Serena... that's Kim's excuse

bandabou
Oct 13th, 2010, 06:29 AM
She hasnt won more than 2 slams since 2002 so the likelihood of her winning 3 of the 4 ever again is quite low.

What?? She just did it in back to back years...helllooo!! People ain't paying attention.

' 09 Oz open and Wimbledon
' 10 Oz open and Wimbledon.

So Serena has 4 years with multiple majors.

Human Nature
Oct 13th, 2010, 07:07 AM
biggest threat to Serena in Slams will be her first serve percentage... she wouldn;t want to engage in a rally against players like Kim...JJ...Li Na..Azarenka..dememtieva etc

Of the lot... Kim will be the biggest problem to Serena in slams because of her ability to read Serena's game... tt provided her forehand dun breakdown :lol:

She has been able to read serena's game only twice out of 9 times
I wouldnt call this "Abilitity"

justineheninfan
Oct 13th, 2010, 08:07 AM
What?? She just did it in back to back years...helllooo!! People ain't paying attention.

' 09 Oz open and Wimbledon
' 10 Oz open and Wimbledon.

So Serena has 4 years with multiple majors.

Umm note that I said more than 2 slams. More than 2 = atleast 3. :rolleyes:

bandabou
Oct 13th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Umm note that I said more than 2 slams. More than 2 = atleast 3. :rolleyes:

:lol: Oops..ok, ok..I misread. But then again..winning multiple majors in year has been a rare feat for women in recent years, ( only Serena has done it more than twice, sooo...)

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 13th, 2010, 10:16 AM

didn't she outrally jj li vika and elena in slams recently? :scratch: and kim doing it 1 time in a slam out of nine matches doesn't give her some innate ability to be able to beat serena all the time eh?

Galsen
Oct 13th, 2010, 10:25 AM
didn't she outrally jj li vika and elena in slams recently? :scratch: and kim doing it 1 time in a slam out of nine matches doesn't give her some innate ability to be able to beat serena all the time eh?

:worship::worship:

Noctis
Oct 13th, 2010, 11:26 AM

She lost to herself after missing that Fh Dtl on MP
She lost to her own temper at USo
She lost to herself choking at FO last year
She lost to herself x3 vs Justine because she didn't play well

ExXotikal
Oct 13th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Definately JJ

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/366693/naomi-campbell-o.gif

Harvs
Oct 13th, 2010, 11:50 AM

moron

Vikapower
Oct 13th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Unfortunately this tends to be be false the only person she out rallied in a slam this last few slams is JJ... Li Na if you recall well at 4 all I think well dipped her level drastically (3 DFs in that game) to offer Serena the match and/or the tournament... Elena didn't get out rallied with a match who ended in the third and it took Serena a lucky net cord to win the match. As for Vika with a serve averaging 90mph at 4-0 up and at some point you are going to pay for it.

ZODIAC
Oct 13th, 2010, 02:54 PM
its all on her racket and when she is playing well even saint mum has no chance...2011 will be telling and we will see the true Rena ,who is ruthless and wins when she puts her mind to it.
GO RENA!!

jiri-nedved
Oct 13th, 2010, 02:56 PM
i think the austrian player sybille bammer has a good record against serena so she will want avoid her in the early rounds. an in-form petrova,kviotva or dementieva could take her out but I am not sure they are mentally good enough and are too inconsistent.

Matt01
Oct 13th, 2010, 02:58 PM
moron

:)

MB.
Oct 13th, 2010, 03:58 PM

Wow. Unbelievable. Literally unbelievable how many of her fans are EXACTLY like Serena.

I rarely ever see any of you give credit to any of Serena's opponents when she loses--it's always, Serena played badly, just like she herself always says. No class, and such shitty sportsmanship. Upsetting from a great athlete like her--and I say this as an immense fan of her game.

You'd think she was playing against a wall the way you put this--as if Serena just defeats herself and her opponent has to do nothing.

Kim Clijsters played better than Serena in the 2008 USO. Sam Stosur played amazing tennis against Serena at the FO and completely deserves all the credit.

Have some respect and give credit where credit it due.

burn
Oct 13th, 2010, 04:07 PM
You forgot Brie :eek: :fiery: :confused:

Gdsimmons
Oct 13th, 2010, 04:21 PM

Thank you :worship::worship:

Human Nature
Oct 13th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Wow. Unbelievable. Literally unbelievable how many of her fans are EXACTLY like Serena.

I rarely ever see any of you give credit to any of Serena's opponents when she loses--it's always, Serena played badly, just like she herself always says. No class, and such shitty sportsmanship. Upsetting from a great athlete like her--and I say this as an immense fan of her game.

You'd think she was playing against a wall the way you put this--as if Serena just defeats herself and her opponent has to do nothing.

Kim Clijsters played better than Serena in the 2008 USO. Sam Stosur played amazing tennis against Serena at the FO and completely deserves all the credit.

Stosur Saved a MPs against serena in her WORST surface
Clijsters has been able to beat her ONCE out of 9 in her entire career in a Slam

When they will be able to beat her on a regular basis on GSs then ALL the credit will be given to them
Its not the case for the moment

selesisqueen
Oct 13th, 2010, 04:25 PM

ROTFL ok whatever. By your logic we could easily say that the other way. Lets look at Serena's wins over main rivals in slams:

Davenport:

1999 U.S Open- error fest, Davenport way off her game.

2001 U.S Open- another error fest from both.

2002 U.S Open- just coming back from long injury layoff, nowhere near her best.

2005 Australian Open- ran out of gas, choked.

Henin:

2001 U.S Open- was a nobody on hard courts back then.

2003 Wimbledon- had wrist injury, didnt even play well, worst surface too.

2010 Australian Open- didnt even play well at all and choked in the 3rd set.

Clijsters:

2003 Australian Open- choked badly at the end to gift Serena the match.

Sharapova:

2005 Australian Open- choked at end of 2nd and 3rd sets both.

2007 Australia Open- bad shoulder injury, served like a 4.0 player.

2010 Wimbledon- already a has been, not even a contender anymore, and still gave Serena all she could handle.

Venus:

LOL do I even have to go through the all Williams matches. Venus is happy to donate nearly all of them to her little sister who she cant bear to beat.

selesisqueen
Oct 13th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Stosur Saved a MPs against serena in her WORST surface
Clijsters has been able to beat her ONCE out of 9 in her entire career in a Slam

When they will be able to beat her on a regular basis on GSs then ALL the credit will be given to them
Its not the case for the moment

Henin leads Serena 4-3 lifetime in slams.

And Venus has beaten her 5 times in slams.

Do they get credit from Serena fanatics when they beat her in slams. :rolleyes:

cro123456
Oct 13th, 2010, 04:30 PM
Caro is toast for Serena.
Serena would whipe the court with her.

But Kim would definately be a threat for Serena.
She has the better answeres for serena´s powerful strokes and serve than Caro and Vee.

benbest
Oct 13th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Cirstea

Human Nature
Oct 13th, 2010, 04:32 PM

Absolutely !

The Witch-king
Oct 13th, 2010, 04:46 PM

You're really the last person that should be going around calling people fanatics with your crazed anti Graf agenda

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=419578
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=420949
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=420254

selesisqueen
Oct 13th, 2010, 04:48 PM
You're really the last person that should be going around calling people fanatics with your crazed anti Graf agenda

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=419578
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=420949
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=420254

I only spoke the truth, how people choose to respect a women who won half her slams after an attempted murder of a greater player as the so called greatest ever is beyond me but whatever. I am not getting into that again here.

The Witch-king
Oct 13th, 2010, 04:52 PM
I only spoke the truth, how people choose to respect a women who won half her slams after an attempted murder of a greater player as the so called greatest ever is beyond me but whatever. I am not getting into that again here.

I don't care about your obsession with the past.

I just think you shouldn't go calling kettles black round here. Hypocrisy is not a good look, just ask sammy01 ;)

Noctis
Oct 14th, 2010, 04:39 PM
moron

I am a moron for having confidence and believe in my favourite player:tape:

:)
Spamming shouldnt be tolerated

I never said anyone of them didnt play good or wasnt playing bettr than Serena.
Serena play her best would have won w.e and the matches she lost early in career was due to not fully peak and not enough experiences and her slump losts

Lapaco
Oct 14th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Absolutely !

Nice joke :rolls:

pav
Oct 14th, 2010, 05:43 PM
Rentacelebitise

John.
Oct 14th, 2010, 05:45 PM
:eek: I've seen some trolling and shit spewing over the years on this forum, but vikapower has taken both to a whole new level :worship: :hatoff:

WozTakesAll
Oct 14th, 2010, 06:19 PM

Maybe Caro has improved ;) The world isent static.

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 14th, 2010, 11:26 PM
Unfortunately this tends to be be false the only person she out rallied in a slam this last few slams is JJ... Li Na if you recall well at 4 all I think well dipped her level drastically (3 DFs in that game) to offer Serena the match and/or the tournament... Elena didn't get out rallied with a match who ended in the third and it took Serena a lucky net cord to win the match. As for Vika with a serve averaging 90mph at 4-0 up and at some point you are going to pay for it.

:lol: let's entertain you a minute

ok...i'm sure when serena breaks serve her opponents double fault all those games away...a RALLY implies trading groundstrokes once the return is in play...if serena draws the error from you first, guess who has won the rally? the umpire doesn't give her opponent the point because serena's ground game isn't at it's best :lol: but here's a reminder of what happens

(vika playing red hot and serena ups her game)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlQmjc8UQUY

(apologies in advance to max :kiss: - I don't see a lucky not cord winning her the match :confused: )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXpdzvTQF78

(and just in case you thought this year was a fluke)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m0rVN_UPlE&feature=related

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 14th, 2010, 11:27 PM
:eek: I've seen some trolling and shit spewing over the years on this forum, but vikapower has taken both to a whole new level :worship: :hatoff:

I know right :lol:

Vikapower
Oct 15th, 2010, 08:00 AM
(vika playing red hot and serena ups her game)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlQmjc8UQUY
What's the sense of that video ? I observe there is something people don't know when talking about that match is Vika's first serve average. Indeed she had an average of 94.448 mph on her first and worst again on second serve she was 83.885 mph.

Vika had an average of 90 mph on first serve in the second set tie-break and she was 100% of serves in, which means she had decided to play percentages thus permit Serena to be aggressive on the first strike. Vika struggles with her serve and is a perfect prey for Serena playing what it seemed to be good tennis at first sight.

The only thing I see is when Vika goes up at the net at 1:02 she lacks explosivity at first then her atrocious positioning instead of advancing more to better close the angles for example backs up badly with multiple small steps... if you haven't got notions about the volley you can compare to Martina Hingis at the net who's a perfect player for starters to understand the game better.

The only thing I see is when Vika goes up at the net once more again at 7:40 doesn't split step, rushes like a junior, she's far from the ball and completely falls over it with her upper body thus the ball in the net noting also that she prefered a 2 hander volley to a one hander thus denying her precious reach for such a situation.

Where's your point ? :lol: Serena didn't up her level as much as you want me to believe she did. :lol: From the that simple video I can point out multiple invisible things for the starters which puts Serena's come back not as great as the medias wanted us to believe.

The problem with starters is that they get carried away as soon as they see 110 mph FH all over the place which leads to a lot of match misinterpretations... when dealing with these kinds of matches you have to watch it 5-6 times before you can even have a correct overall judgment an interpretation of the story...

(and just in case you thought this year was a fluke)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m0rVN_UPlE&feature=related
What's up with that match ? :lol: Shall I recall to you that at 3-2 Vika had the break and was making useless errors on her FH side as soon as the ball was short - maybe due to her grip semi-western... and that Serena was starting to doubt about her game which can be observed at 5:34 where she begs herself to keep her level feeling Vika behind her back ?

Vika couldn't do nothing in the first but in he second Serena was losing it, Vika had the break and let Serena back in the match with her useless FH... that match shows for Vika to be a great champion despite her immense talent has to work on her mental fortitude.

Unfortunately these are just highlights but if never you wish I can send you the full match in HD 1080p so that you can have a better interpretation and analysis. People often misinterpret matches but I understand that you all aren't professionals which explains why.

ok...i'm sure when serena breaks serve her opponents double fault all those games away...a RALLY implies trading groundstrokes once the return is in play...if serena draws the error from you first, guess who has won the rally? the umpire doesn't give her opponent the point because serena's ground game isn't at it's best :lol: but here's a reminder of what happens
I don't exactly know what you mean but if Serena relies on drawing the errors from the opponent first without attempting much herself then she should plainly re-classified as an aggressive pusher a play I observed she used a lot in Wim 2010... I'm happy you confirmed my theory of that she was pushing in Wim 2010 so I now wonder who between the dane and the american are better in that department :shrug:

Maria rocks
Oct 15th, 2010, 10:12 AM
I will laugh if Wozniacki gets alot of votes. With Woz's current game, of course she could and probably still will improve futher soon given her age, but as is Serena can make 20 unforced errors per set and still safely beat her, maybe even 25.

What is your problem with Wozniacki???? Personally i don't think anyone can touch Serena but i would go for Caro ahead of Kim

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 15th, 2010, 10:19 AM
vikapower :lol: always a good laugh...thanks for the entertainment :lol:

Steffica Greles
Oct 15th, 2010, 10:21 AM
Kimiko Date-Krumm.

bandabou
Oct 15th, 2010, 10:21 AM
:lol: whatever, Vika...whatever. 13 majors that's the only talk that matters.

SymphonyX
Oct 15th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Maybe Caro has improved ;) The world isent static.

Caro has improved all right. But beating a waning Sharapova isn't a guarantee that she can defeat Serena or the other Former No. 1s with slam wins.