PDA

View Full Version : Who would Caro most likely conquer in a GS final next year?

Lord Choc Ice
Oct 3rd, 2010, 04:01 AM
Assuming these ladies all reached these finals and were playing well.

eck
Oct 3rd, 2010, 04:03 AM
No one.
Maybe Justine :o

Lachy
Oct 3rd, 2010, 04:07 AM
No-one in that list :lol:

ChumChum
Oct 3rd, 2010, 04:09 AM
No one.
Maybe Justine :o

Agree

DefyingGravity
Oct 3rd, 2010, 04:23 AM
Depends on if Injury-tine gets to the RG final or if she still keeps "tanking" Roland Garros for a shot at Wimby.

Venus on grass playing her best is downright scary. Serena at the AO is a little shady at times, but I definitely will give her the potential to upset Kim at the USO. She was leading 5-3 at one point in that final, wasn't she?

jimmy_the_greek
Oct 3rd, 2010, 04:24 AM
All those 4 ladies seem unbeatable in the corresponding slams you mentioned (especially in a final). Even though i respect caroline as a person and player, i will say no one unless she comes up against another opponent in those slams you mentioned.

delicatecutter
Oct 3rd, 2010, 04:25 AM
Caro making another GS final? :haha: A dream draw of headcase Sveta, Oudin, and Wickmayer will hopefully be a once-in-a-lifetime sort of thing.

Mynarco
Oct 3rd, 2010, 04:39 AM
Nah, not next year.

new-york
Oct 3rd, 2010, 04:45 AM
Assuming these ladies all reached these finals and were playing well.

Well... :tape:

young_gunner913
Oct 3rd, 2010, 04:52 AM
Not a chance in hell.

ElusiveChanteuse
Oct 3rd, 2010, 04:57 AM
Venus.

RenaSlam.
Oct 3rd, 2010, 04:58 AM
Kim.

pierce85
Oct 3rd, 2010, 04:59 AM
Given that clay and slow hardcourt does not suit her game , i would give her a one in a million chance to conquer Venus in wimbledon( only IF Venus goes into destruction-UE mode) and Kim at the US open (given that decoturf is her favorite surface and Kim has brainfarts-mental lapses in many of her matches)

Dementieva_Dude
Oct 3rd, 2010, 05:02 AM
If that's her competition in GS finals in 2011, her fans better not hold their breath.

I don't mind Caroline (she's not my favourite by a long shot, but I don't hate her either), but I just don't see her beating big players in GS finals, at least at this point. None of the four multi-slam champs listed will fold in a final the same way Dementieva did in Tokyo :eek:

justineheninfan
Oct 3rd, 2010, 05:44 AM
If Justine is playing well enough to reach a French Open final nobody could stop her there, especialy not Wozniacki who Justine still beat pretty easily in Miami even playing awful (despite that she dropped the 1st set). Venus or Serena losing to Wozniacki and her power-shortaged game at Wimbledon? More chance of Seles coming out of retirement tommorow to win Wimbledon that that.

I guess I would have to say one of the hard court slams as that is her best surface. She doesnt even have power for either clay (surface too slow for her to hit through, she needs some speed in the courts to help her slower shots) or grass (surface too fast, she would get overpowered easily by bigger hitters). Clijsters in the U.S Open or Serena in Australia? Not sure which since Serena with her higher risk game is more likely to have an off day and give Wozniacki the help with unforced errors she needs. Then again Serena almost never has an off day in a slam final. I guess I would say Kim in the U.S Open final if I had to choose but really none of them probably.

Gdsimmons
Oct 3rd, 2010, 06:14 AM
First of all lol at the notion that CAroline could or will make a slam final. Secondly in all honesty, I do not think she can beat any of those mentioned players. Where is the none option?

Lord Choc Ice
Oct 3rd, 2010, 06:16 AM
First of all lol at the notion that CAroline could or will make a slam final. Secondly in all honesty, I do not think she can beat any of those mentioned players. Where is the none option?

"Most likely to". Make sure you read the fineprint. :p

DownInAHole
Oct 3rd, 2010, 10:12 AM

Um, she already has made a slam final and she's playing much better now than she was at the 2009 US Open.

rockstar
Oct 3rd, 2010, 11:08 AM
where is the "all" option :drool:

doooma6816
Oct 3rd, 2010, 01:26 PM
She can't beat any of those mentioned players in the finals of GS. If Justine and Venus make final of their favourite Slam, it will mean that they play really good...and we know what does it mean with Justine's RG and Venus' W...the same with Kim and Serena.

Matt01
Oct 3rd, 2010, 01:50 PM
Kim at USO.

Ferg
Oct 3rd, 2010, 01:54 PM
No-one. If they were playing well like you said, Woz would be thrashed off the court.

Mr.Sharapova
Oct 3rd, 2010, 02:01 PM
OH GOD! No way she is reaching a slam final next year! Especially not the Australian Open one!

tennnisfannn
Oct 3rd, 2010, 02:45 PM
Quite frankly even the four themselves have a hard time beating one another at their respective slams- bar serena/venus.

Slutiana
Oct 3rd, 2010, 02:55 PM
If any of those women reach the finals of their slams, it means they're playing well and won't be losing to Caroline Wozniacki. :lol:

Never thought of it, but it's funny the way it has turned out. (Arguably) the three best players of this generation each "own" one of the slams.

terjw
Oct 3rd, 2010, 03:10 PM
Here's the percentages these players have won their "own" slam:

Serena - 45.45% of the time she's entered, she's won the AO
Justine- 44.44% of the time she's entered, she's won the FO
Kim- 42.86% of the time she's entered, she's won the USO
Venus - 35.71% of the time she's entered, she's won WimbledonOn these numbers - Wimbledon. But Wimbledon is one of the last places I'd expect Caro to win.