PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Grand Slam match this year?

Leo_DFP
Oct 3rd, 2010, 02:24 AM
Discuss.

I almost included V.Williams/Groth because it featured great serving and hitting.

claypova
Oct 3rd, 2010, 02:31 AM
AO Henin def. Lena :tears:

Leo_DFP
Oct 3rd, 2010, 02:32 AM
I guess Henin vs. Sharapova from the French could be mentioned too...

jimmy_the_greek
Oct 3rd, 2010, 02:32 AM
Stosur vs. Henin

Keadz
Oct 3rd, 2010, 02:37 AM
I got to watch Henin vs Dementieva live, and the atmopshere was great. Fantastic match that seemed to go on forever, loved every minute of it. Probably the highest quality match IMO.I didn't really care who won though.

I voted for Sammy defeating Serena. I didn't give her much chance going into the match, but she played pretty well, was toying with Serena for a set and a half. Chocked but managed to keep her nerve somehow and even saved a match point! Those two points to break Serena at the end are still etched in my memory. So that was my choice :)

Steven.
Oct 3rd, 2010, 02:39 AM
henin vs. dementieva. so glad I saw that match.

jimmy_the_greek
Oct 3rd, 2010, 02:50 AM
Kirilenko/Sharapova AO should also be on that list...fantastic match and atmosphere!

Lord Choc Ice
Oct 3rd, 2010, 02:58 AM
RG QF, Stosur and Serena. Drama. :drool:

ZODIAC
Oct 3rd, 2010, 02:58 AM
Serena beating Henin AO10 WAS the best GS final match so far

Lord Choc Ice
Oct 3rd, 2010, 02:59 AM
Kirilenko/Sharapova AO should also be on that list...fantastic match and atmosphere!

Sharpie was shit though. So many errors. :mad:

Uranium
Oct 3rd, 2010, 03:00 AM
Stosur vs. Dementieva.

Mynarco
Oct 3rd, 2010, 03:01 AM
Stosur def. Serena @ FO 2010 is utter shit, especially the final set :help:

Lachy
Oct 3rd, 2010, 03:05 AM
I really enjoyed Azarenka vs Serena, and also Fran vs Stosur...entertainment wise :lol:

VeeJJ
Oct 3rd, 2010, 03:07 AM
Kimmy def. Venus USO Semi???????????/

claypova
Oct 3rd, 2010, 03:07 AM

it was a great atmosphere, but nearly every single point ended up with an UE :help: thought, the match was very tense and really long :sobbing: i enjoyed it though :p

AnomyBC
Oct 3rd, 2010, 03:13 AM
My fav was the one where Sharapova beat Schiavone to win the French Open :worship:

jimmy_the_greek
Oct 3rd, 2010, 03:18 AM
Sharpie was shit though. So many errors. :mad:

even in some of the best matches, you still get unforced errors, predominately because of the quality shot your opponent can provide. I was there, and it was an entertaining game to watch. To be honest most of the crowd was on Kirilenko's side though, neither of the two ladies wanted to give up (match felt like it went on for ages). Sharapova didn't play bad, kirilenko simply played a smart match:)

MH0861
Oct 3rd, 2010, 03:26 AM
Petrova def. Rezai at RG :haha:

Toxic
Oct 3rd, 2010, 05:14 AM
Serena def. Henin...

GS #12 http://imgsrv2.tennisuniverse.com/wtaworld/images/smilies/drool.gif

Gdsimmons
Oct 3rd, 2010, 05:26 AM
Azarenka, Serena from AO. I was literally pacing my dorm room at 4-0 deuce. MY roomate thought I was gonna pass out. I stupidly thought it was over. Then soon as I blink Serena started slamming serves, killing returns and shooting winners all over the court.

Mynarco
Oct 3rd, 2010, 05:32 AM
Yup I agree Serena vs VIka @ AO 2010 is the best GS match in 2010

shoryuken
Oct 3rd, 2010, 05:58 AM
Azarenka, Serena from AO. I was literally pacing my dorm room at 4-0 deuce. MY roomate thought I was gonna pass out. I stupidly thought it was over. Then soon as I blink Serena started slamming serves, killing returns and shooting winners all over the court.

I remember that match and I was so shocked to see Serena a set and 0-4 down. I had to turn it off and tried to accept that it was over and that Henin would probably win the AO :o. I checked the score a few mins later cause I couldn't' help it and to my surprise Serena was able to take the 2nd. At that point I knew she would come back!

Lord Choc Ice
Oct 3rd, 2010, 06:25 AM
even in some of the best matches, you still get unforced errors, predominately because of the quality shot your opponent can provide. I was there, and it was an entertaining game to watch. To be honest most of the crowd was on Kirilenko's side though, neither of the two ladies wanted to give up (match felt like it went on for ages). Sharapova didn't play bad, kirilenko simply played a smart match:)

I have no doubt. ;)

But I distinctly remember Maria making buckets of errors, in particular one of her service games I think she hit three forehands in a row into the net.

doni1212
Oct 3rd, 2010, 06:55 AM
I'm surprised Serena vs. Sharapova isn't on the list. But my favorite was definitely Serena vs. Vika at the AO. Every year she gives us a CRAZY thriller there, :lol:

Mr.Sharapova
Oct 3rd, 2010, 07:06 AM
Henin vs Sharapova French open that was a fantastic match.2 bad Maria chocked!

~Cherry*Blossom~
Oct 3rd, 2010, 07:17 AM
Serena vs. Vika was amazing.

Vika played so well to go up 4-0 in the second set and then Serena went into destruction mode and just started to blast winners from all over the court. Absolutely incredible!

Rafito.
Oct 3rd, 2010, 07:19 AM
AO QF Serena vs Vika :sad: Only because I was so excited up until 6-4, 4-0.

Reptilia
Oct 3rd, 2010, 07:27 AM
Serena/Stosur and Petrova/Rezai at RG

Renalicious
Oct 3rd, 2010, 07:56 AM
Kvitova vs. Kanepi or Serena vs. Vika

WhoAmI?
Oct 3rd, 2010, 08:02 AM
Voted for Serena-Azarenka :)

Kvitova-Kanepi :sobbing:

silyaunWILLIAMS
Oct 3rd, 2010, 08:18 AM
Vee vs Groth

Huntress55
Oct 3rd, 2010, 09:04 AM
Sam vs Serena.
Sam vs Elena
Sam vs Justine
:)

A-Bond
Oct 3rd, 2010, 09:13 AM
AO: Henin - Wickmayer
RG: Henin - Sharapova
W: Venus - Groth
US: Schiavone - Bondarenko

tennisforadults
Oct 3rd, 2010, 09:30 AM
Sam def Serena at FO :worship:

The two strongest servers on tour battle it out in the final set. No tie break. Whoever breaks and holds wins.

DragonFlame
Oct 3rd, 2010, 09:33 AM
Henin-Dementieva AO R2 for me. That was just awesome.