PDA

View Full Version : Just to make sure you guys are prepared...

Lord Choc Ice
Oct 2nd, 2010, 01:45 PM
I've made a little sneak preview:

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m142/AJB4/caro1.jpg
http://ontennis.com/files/images/caroline-wozniacki_50.jpg

flareon
Oct 2nd, 2010, 01:59 PM
Yes Petrova gaining on top 15 :hearts:

A-Bond
Oct 2nd, 2010, 02:01 PM
Yes Pavlyuchenkova nearly made the huge gap away which separated her from Top 19 :D

DownInAHole
Oct 2nd, 2010, 02:12 PM
Who could have predicted that this sweet little girl would grow up and "destroy" the WTA?
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/9022/01010042gu5.jpg
Shame on you, Caroline Wozniacki. Shame on you.

nevetssllim
Oct 2nd, 2010, 02:17 PM
I really don't care any more if she gets to No.1 or not. :lol: She's earnt it and performed consistently well but it doesn't mean I'll be rating her above the Williams sisters or the Belgians for the Grand Slams yet.

DownInAHole
Oct 2nd, 2010, 02:20 PM
I really don't care any more if she gets to No.1 or not. :lol: She's earnt it and performed consistently well but it doesn't mean I'll be rating her above the Williams sisters or the Belgians for the Grand Slams yet.

Nor should you. I really hope that Caroline can win some slams but until she does in most people's minds she will never really be considered one of the top players. January (and the Australian Open) can not come fast enough.

Lord Choc Ice
Oct 2nd, 2010, 02:27 PM

I think so too. ;)

I'm just looking forward to TF going collectively nuts. :devil: Interesting times ahead.

Uranium
Oct 2nd, 2010, 02:28 PM
Yes Petrova gaining on top 15 :hearts:

She has a Beijing SF to defend though.

A-Bond
Oct 2nd, 2010, 02:30 PM
Nor should you. I really hope that Caroline can win some slams but until she does in most people's minds she will never really be considered one of the top players. January (and the Australian Open) can not come fast enough.

Well I actually think no matter how well she plays now, the AO is not the best slam for her. The surface suits more the powerful players and since it's so early in the season Caroline often lacks enough matches. As wee see now she's more dangerous when she's playing tons of Tournaments. And I'm sure Serena wants to prove that she's the real number 1 and if she's determined she'll kick Caro's ass. Not sure though about Roland garros, she could grab the title there.

Jorn
Oct 2nd, 2010, 02:32 PM
Is this possible points after YEC?

Lord Choc Ice
Oct 2nd, 2010, 02:33 PM
Is this possible points after YEC?

No I just copied this week's rankings and Serena and Caro was the only ones I changed. :lol:

DownInAHole
Oct 2nd, 2010, 02:36 PM
Well I actually think no matter how well she plays now, the AO is not the best slam for her. The surface suits more the powerful players and since it's so early in the season Caroline often lacks enough matches. As wee see now she's more dangerous when she's playing tons of Tournaments. And I'm sure Serena wants to prove that she's the real number 1 and if she's determined she'll kick Caro's ass. Not sure though about Roland garros, she could grab the title there.

I don't necessarily think that Caroline will win in Australia but I do think she can make a deep run and hopefully get to the quarters and/or semis. Traditionally it has probably been the slam where she performs the worst and I expect her to do fairly well there this year.

iGOAT
Oct 2nd, 2010, 02:41 PM
Caroline is proving herself far more than Safina and Jankovic did. She has very similar game to Clijsters and both (probably) became number one before winning a major. VERY likely she will.

MaBaker
Oct 2nd, 2010, 02:42 PM
I hope you get banned, puppy. Seriously.

TennisFan66
Oct 2nd, 2010, 02:42 PM
I don't necessarily think that Caroline will win in Australia but I do think she can make a deep run and hopefully get to the quarters and/or semis. Traditionally it has probably been the slam where she performs the worst and I expect her to do fairly well there this year.

If you look at her previous years, she pretty much doesn't get going before March .. Whatever the reason, its not good when one of the slams are in January and obviously something her team must be pondering how to change.

Uranium
Oct 2nd, 2010, 02:45 PM
Caroline is proving herself far more than Safina and Jankovic did. She has very similar game to Clijsters and both (probably) became number one before winning a major. VERY likely she will.
LOL.
Safina had on her ranking
W - Rome, Madrid, Montreal, LA
F - Aussie Open, Roland Garros, Olympics
SF - Wimbledon, US Open.

Jankovic had on her ranking
W - Rome, Beijing, Stuttgart, Moscow
F - US Open, Miami
SF - Australian Open, Roland Garros, YEC

Wozniacki has on her ranking
W - Montreal, New Haven, Tokyo
F - Indian Wells
SF - US Open

Safina beat Henin, Venus, Clijsters.
Jankovic beat Serena, Venus.
Caroline beat none of the above.

Jankovic and Safina earned their #1's with great playing on the tour AND at the slams. Wozniacki is picking off the weak tour events without the Big 4, only ONE Slam SF.

ptitnavet
Oct 2nd, 2010, 02:55 PM

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0bNR0gFcwiaA7/610x.jpg

SuperRena will be back next year and will remove the Pushe from HER throne :rocker2:

Vikapower
Oct 2nd, 2010, 03:07 PM

Could you stop giving GM a bad image with these kind of statements ? :rolleyes: Luckily there are people like Uranium to come with facts and put things back in their right order...

DownInAHole
Oct 2nd, 2010, 03:09 PM
If you look at her previous years, she pretty much doesn't get going before March .. Whatever the reason, its not good when one of the slams are in January and obviously something her team must be pondering how to change.

True enough but before this week Caroline had never won a match in Tokyo and she ended up winning the tournament. I'm glad she did but I wasn't expecting her to do so well. I figured that if she won 2-3 matches it would be an improvement and that would be enough. She also hasn't usually finished the year strongly and (fingers crossed) she is poised to do so this year. As I said, I do not think she will win the Australian Open next year but I do think she can have a deep run.

Really, I would like to see her play a slightly lighter schedule and put more of her energy into doing well at the slams. That is one change her team could make that would (hopefully) result in a positive outcome. The one criticism of her that I kind of agree with is that she is piling on the points more due to quantity than quality. She's still very young so maybe her body can take the heavy schedule but I think she would be more likely to do well in the slams if she played slightly less tennis.

TennisFan66
Oct 2nd, 2010, 03:20 PM
True enough but before this week Caroline had never won a match in Tokyo and she ended up winning the tournament. I'm glad she did but I wasn't expecting her to do so well. I figured that if she won 2-3 matches it would be an improvement and that would be enough. She also hasn't usually finished the year strongly and (fingers crossed) she is poised to do so this year. As I said, I do not think she will win the Australian Open next year but I do think she can have a deep run.

Really, I would like to see her play a slightly lighter schedule and put more of her energy into doing well at the slams. That is one change her team could make that would (hopefully) result in a positive outcome. The one criticism of her that I kind of agree with is that she is piling on the points more due to quantity than quality. She's still very young so maybe her body can take the heavy schedule but I think she would be more likely to do well in the slams if she played slightly less tennis.

Hello Down, nice to meet you!

Yes agree on Tokyo. I saw some comments that she doesnt actually like playing in Asia that much (even of course I believe her first WTA title was in Osaka, which she does like to play hehe). Also the court in Tokyo is on the fast side for her liking, still as you say, girl won it all :worship: and I too am crossing my fingers for a strong final run at Beijing and especially YEC.

She'll be restricted to 2 Int. again in 2011. Probably Sweden and Copenhagen. She'll play Sydney ahead of AO. Hopefully have a better run at RG and not play the week before! Likely play Eastbourne ahead of SW19 (there really isnt any other good choice and Eastbourne is one of my personal fave tournaments - so no moaning from me :) ). As for US HC, its gonna be the same as this year; IMO. She'll play Toronto and Cincy and if NH is still on schedule - if they find a new sponsor, she'll play that too. Nomatter how 'crazy' it may seem to many people. I just cannot see Caro not play NH if its there.

Break My Rapture
Oct 2nd, 2010, 03:25 PM
I MISS YOU SERENA. :hysteric:

flareon
Oct 2nd, 2010, 03:26 PM
She has a Beijing SF to defend though.

I know Come On nadia!

LCS
Oct 2nd, 2010, 03:43 PM

Already a roll of excuses.:lol:

Beat
Oct 2nd, 2010, 03:45 PM
Caroline is proving herself far more than Safina and Jankovic did. She has very similar game to Clijsters

(i rarely say this, but: ) OH MY GOD :sobbing:

LCS
Oct 2nd, 2010, 03:45 PM

sacurity... :spit:

DownInAHole
Oct 2nd, 2010, 04:38 PM
Hello Down, nice to meet you!

Yes agree on Tokyo. I saw some comments that she doesnt actually like playing in Asia that much (even of course I believe her first WTA title was in Osaka, which she does like to play hehe). Also the court in Tokyo is on the fast side for her liking, still as you say, girl won it all :worship: and I too am crossing my fingers for a strong final run at Beijing and especially YEC.

She'll be restricted to 2 Int. again in 2011. Probably Sweden and Copenhagen. She'll play Sydney ahead of AO. Hopefully have a better run at RG and not play the week before! Likely play Eastbourne ahead of SW19 (there really isnt any other good choice and Eastbourne is one of my personal fave tournaments - so no moaning from me :) ). As for US HC, its gonna be the same as this year; IMO. She'll play Toronto and Cincy and if NH is still on schedule - if they find a new sponsor, she'll play that too. Nomatter how 'crazy' it may seem to many people. I just cannot see Caro not play NH if its there.

Hello, it is nice to be met.

Honestly I haven't really gone through her schedule and picked out which tournaments I think she should sit out, and I don't think she needs to make drastic changes, but I do think that a slightly lighter schedule might give her a better chance to do well in the tier one events and the majors, especially now that she is going deep in many events. On the other hand I guess I should be happy that she is not playing in Moscow. As far as I know Beijing is her last tournament before the YEC so she should be well rested.

Delfii
Oct 2nd, 2010, 04:48 PM
SERENA PLEASE COMEBACK WE NEED YOU :hysteric:

cellophane
Oct 2nd, 2010, 04:51 PM

Delusional Szavay fan :sobbing:

Gdsimmons
Oct 2nd, 2010, 04:51 PM
Oh Serena , grab Sascha and lets get back in the groove!

Young 8
Oct 2nd, 2010, 05:12 PM

lol

delicatecutter
Oct 2nd, 2010, 05:23 PM
Did somebody seriously say she has a similar game to Clijsters?

I just can't. :hysteric:

olivero
Oct 2nd, 2010, 06:34 PM
LOL.
F - US Open, Miami

Jeca reached #1 before USO '08 and YEC '08 though.
And Caro has YEC SF as well atm.

Matt01
Oct 2nd, 2010, 09:08 PM
Did somebody seriously say she has a similar game to Clijsters?

I just can't. :hysteric:

It's more similar to Clijsters than it's to Hingis...

MB.
Oct 2nd, 2010, 10:48 PM
SF - Wimbledon, US Open.

F - US Open, Miami

F - Indian Wells
SF - US Open

Wow, putting it like this really puts into perspective the great years Jelena and Dinara had.

Sammo
Oct 2nd, 2010, 11:06 PM
AAAAHHHH!!!!!!!! :bolt:

Lucemferre
Oct 2nd, 2010, 11:09 PM
Baby hingis :cool:

Sammo
Oct 3rd, 2010, 12:01 AM
Baby hingis :cool:

Hingis aged 5 would beat Wozniacki now

Bonfire
Oct 3rd, 2010, 01:24 AM
:worship:YAY!!!!!:worship:

ys
Oct 3rd, 2010, 01:35 AM
She is comparable to Hingis 2001. Or Jankovic 2008. No question about it. the most glaring similarity is not only no-punch, significantly defensive, very much maneuvering game, but that she is also very good on all surfaces, but she is truly great on none of them. ( that's what truly separates her from Clijsters - that Clijsters does have that perfected surface - American hard - on which she is better than anyone, and on which every single her achievement happened ). Caro has no such surface, that's why she can do well on statistics, but on each surface there are plenty of players whose best easily beats Caro's best, and chances are, that will be happening at every GS tournament.

goldenlox
Oct 3rd, 2010, 01:35 AM
If you look at her previous years, she pretty much doesn't get going before March .. Whatever the reason, its not good when one of the slams are in January and obviously something her team must be pondering how to change.But she is getting better, and soon that will show in Januarys

AnomyBC
Oct 3rd, 2010, 02:01 AM
LOL.
SF - Wimbledon, US Open.

F - US Open, Miami

F - Indian Wells
SF - US Open

Safina beat Henin, Venus, Clijsters.
Jankovic beat Serena, Venus.
Caroline beat none of the above.

Jankovic and Safina earned their #1's with great playing on the tour AND at the slams. Wozniacki is picking off the weak tour events without the Big 4, only ONE Slam SF.

Um, you realize Caro made a FINAL at the US Open, right???

EDIT: Oh, do you just mean in the year before they reached #1? If so, never mind :)

AnomyBC
Oct 3rd, 2010, 02:07 AM

Yes, this is true. So that would make it like this:

SF - Wimbledon, US Open.

F - Miami
SF - Australian Open, Roland Garros

F - Indian Wells
SF - US Open, YEC

Anybody see any other mistakes?

Uranium
Oct 3rd, 2010, 02:12 AM
Oh yes, how could I forget that one quick fluke week she had.
Um, you realize Caro made a FINAL at the US Open, right???

EDIT: Oh, do you just mean in the year before they reached #1? If so, never mind :)
Fully aware.
The 52-week results they had on their ranks when they got to #1.

ys
Oct 3rd, 2010, 02:14 AM

SF - Wimbledon, US Open.

F - Miami

F - Indian Wells
SF - US Open, YEC

No, I think this is correct.
From this record,my take. It is an accident, that Safina didn't win a Slam. It's an accident that Janco and Caro reached #1.

ys
Oct 3rd, 2010, 02:15 AM
Oh yes, how could I forget that one quick fluke week she had.

Fully aware.
The 52-week results they had on their ranks when they got to #1.

Jancovic reached #1 before her US Open final.

Matt01
Oct 3rd, 2010, 02:16 AM

SF - Wimbledon, US Open.

F - Miami

F - Indian Wells
SF - US Open, YEC

Wozniacki has also won Ponte Vedra and Copenhagen, no?

Uranium
Oct 3rd, 2010, 02:17 AM
Jancovic reached #1 before her US Open final.

Yes, hence me acknowledging the fact I forget her one quick week at #1 in that post you quoted.

AnomyBC
Oct 3rd, 2010, 02:18 AM
No, I think this is correct.
From this record,my take. It is an accident, that Safina didn't win a Slam. It's an accident that Janco and Caro reached #1.

I found another mistake. Safina's Wimbledon Semifinal was after she reached #1, so it would be like this:

SF - US Open.

F - Miami

F - Indian Wells
SF - US Open, YEC

I'm sure there are at least a few other mistakes as well. I'll keep looking.

AnomyBC
Oct 3rd, 2010, 02:19 AM
Wozniacki has also won Ponte Vedra and Copenhagen, no?

I think he's just counting Premiers.

ys
Oct 3rd, 2010, 02:21 AM
Yes, hence me acknowledging the fact I forget her one quick week at #1 in that post you quoted.

Right, and she reached USO Finals while being #1, so I think your counting that final is kind of fair. Still she has never been any dominant. Caro has never been even close to dominant. Dinara had quite a long period of quite dominant play. I mean ... between Berlin 2007 and USO 2008 she won a lot.

ys
Oct 3rd, 2010, 02:21 AM
I think he's just counting Premiers.

I think it was a form of sarcasm.

AnomyBC
Oct 3rd, 2010, 02:28 AM
Another mistake, Safina's Rome and Madrid titles were also after she reached #1. So it would be like this:

W - Montreal, LA
SF - US Open.

F - Miami

F - Indian Wells
SF - US Open, YEC

Ellery
Oct 3rd, 2010, 02:29 AM
Come on Caro :cheer:

Lord Choc Ice
Oct 3rd, 2010, 02:29 AM
Dinara was definitely the best slamless #1 statistically speaking.

AnomyBC
Oct 3rd, 2010, 02:37 AM
And Beijing, Stuttgart, Moscow were all after Jankovic reached #1, so it would be like this:

W - Montreal, LA
SF - US Open

W - Rome
F - Miami

F - Indian Wells
SF - US Open, YEC

AnomyBC
Oct 3rd, 2010, 02:41 AM
Caro is going to reach #1 with more Premier titles in the previous year than Safina and Jankovic :worship:

Matt01
Oct 3rd, 2010, 02:42 AM
I think it was a form of sarcasm.

If you mean my post, no it wasn't.

osseous
Oct 3rd, 2010, 02:42 AM
I MISS YOU SERENA. :hysteric:

SERENA PLEASE COMEBACK WE NEED YOU :hysteric:

+1 :hysteric:

goldenlox
Oct 3rd, 2010, 02:49 AM
Dinara was good on red clay for a while. 2008, she didnt lose before the FO final. 2009, only lost to Sveta before the FO final.

But Caro is something like 26-2 since Wimbledon.
Almost similar numbers.

Dominic
Oct 3rd, 2010, 03:26 AM
There is like 4-5 ppl in the top ten that suck

ys
Oct 3rd, 2010, 03:35 AM
Another mistake, Safina's Rome and Madrid titles were also after she reached #1. So it would be like this:

W - Montreal, LA
SF - US Open.

This can't be correct. If you are dropping Rome 2009, you have to add Berlin-2008. Also, didn't she win some big event in 2008 after US Open, Tier I in China or Japan or something?

AnomyBC
Oct 3rd, 2010, 04:06 AM
This can't be correct. If you are dropping Rome 2009, you have to add Berlin-2008. Also, didn't she win some big event in 2008 after US Open, Tier I in China or Japan or something?

Yeah, Berlin and Tokyo should also count for Safina. So I take back what I said about Caro having more Premiers in the previous year :)

Caralenko
Oct 3rd, 2010, 04:37 AM
SF - US Open.

W - Montreal, LA
SF - US Open.

W - Montreal, LA
F - Aussie Open, Roland Garros, Olympics.
SF - US Open

W - Berlin, Los Angeles, Montreal, Tokyo
F - Aussie Open, Roland Garros, Olympics, 's-Hertogenbosch, Sydney.
SF - US Open

homogenius
Oct 3rd, 2010, 05:20 AM
Another way to look at it : Wozniacki will probably finish the year as the n1.She'll have (the year is not finished, so she can still improve though):

W - Ponte Vedra, Copenhagen, Montreal, New H., Tokyo
F - Indian W.
SF - USO, Charleston
QF - FO, Miami, Warsaw
R16 - AO, Wimbledon, Dubai, Rome, Cincinatti, Stuttgart

Top10 wins : Radwanska (#8)x2, Schiavone (#7), Dementieva (#10).None in slams.

In comparison, JJ was the YE n1 in 2008 (almost 1000pts ahead of Ree who played 13 events that year)with :

W - Rome, Beijing, Stuttgart (i), Moscow
F - Miami, USO
SF - AO, Dubai, Indian W., FO, Los Angeles, YEC
QF - Tokyo, Montreal, Doha, Berlin*
R16 - Wimbledon

*she had a bunch of others QF (like Charleston or Olympics)but I only put 17 results.

Top10 wins : Serena (#7), Chakvetadze (#6), Venus (#9), Dementieva (#6), Zvonareva (#9)x3, Kuznetsova (#7)x2, Dementieva (#4), Venus (#8), Ivanovic (#4).
2 wins in slams : Serena at AO and Dementieva at USO

Wozniacki lost in slams to Li, Kvitova, Schiavone (future winner)and Zvonareva
JJ lost to : Sharapova, Ivanovic, Serena (all future winners)and Tanasugarn in Wimbly

Personnally I see some little differences here...

AnomyBC
Oct 3rd, 2010, 06:19 AM
W - Berlin, Los Angeles, Montreal, Tokyo
F - Aussie Open, Roland Garros, Olympics, 's-Hertogenbosch, Sydney.
SF - US Open

OK, well that's definitely a more impressive year than Caro's then :)

It looks like she's not too far off from JJ though. I think if she managed to win Beijing she'd be pretty much on par with her... or actually I guess that would be even more impressive than JJ's year then.

Caralenko
Oct 3rd, 2010, 09:04 AM
OK, well that's definitely a more impressive year than Caro's then :)

It looks like she's not too far off from JJ though. I think if she managed to win Beijing she'd be pretty much on par with her... or actually I guess that would be even more impressive than JJ's year then.

Well that's why she didn't end 2008 as #1 and JJ did. :p

I think with each year, every player is becoming more vulnerable and you can't really lock anyone in for a title save for Serena at Wimbledon. Like we've been seeing very few people win more than about 3 titles a year, so Caroline has done pretty well for herself with 5, and probably deserves the #1 ranking if she continues in her current form.

kiwifan
Oct 3rd, 2010, 09:18 AM

end of story. :cool: