PDA

View Full Version : Is the friendship between Caro and Serena on the brink of destruction?

Kworb
Oct 2nd, 2010, 01:35 PM
As we all know these two have been BFFs for a long time and Serena always thought Caro was so cute and nice. I'm sure she never expected this pusher to actually snatch her #1 from her. To make matters worse Caro will stop Serena from reaching her ultimate goal, which is to have a streak at #1 longer than Justine's longest streak.

How catty will Serena become and how big a rift will develop between the two best players on tour?

Caralenko
Oct 2nd, 2010, 01:38 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/29kq5b8.jpg

ElusiveChanteuse
Oct 2nd, 2010, 01:38 PM
I thought she has been No. 1 longer than Justine as of now?:scratch:

Edit: Oh ok. I understand your statement.:p

Marionated
Oct 2nd, 2010, 01:39 PM
No, I can't imagine Serena saying "I think Caro did a great job to get to number 1, she won Montreal and Tokyo" and then laughing. Not about a player she's friendly with.

homogenius
Oct 2nd, 2010, 01:40 PM
I wonder if we'll get some

"she's good, after all she won Montreal and Copenhagen no ?"
http://i46.tinypic.com/4kcg1z.gif

Lord Choc Ice
Oct 2nd, 2010, 01:48 PM
Serena will have something to say about it that's for sure. :tape: Can't wait.

2010 has been a bit of a disappointment in terms of drama and bitchiness and this hopefully will bring it all right back. :hearts:

Slutiana
Oct 2nd, 2010, 01:51 PM
Serena will have something to say about it that's for sure. :tape: Can't wait.

2010 has been a bit of a disappointment in terms of drama and bitchiness and this hopefully will bring it all right back. :hearts:
2010 has been a disappointment. Period.

Ferg
Oct 2nd, 2010, 01:52 PM

Is that Serena or Nadal?

Lord Choc Ice
Oct 2nd, 2010, 01:53 PM
2010 has been a disappointment. Period.

Agreed. Every one of my faves has let me down. :mad:

homogenius
Oct 2nd, 2010, 01:53 PM
Is that Serena or Nadal?

:lol: serena is a big fan of nadal ;)

terjw
Oct 2nd, 2010, 01:55 PM
First I now think that the Serena vs Dinara thing and the "she won Rome and Madrid" comment and then laughs was blown up and misinterpreted. I think Serena will be careful not to let that happen again. Contrary to what I thought at the time was an utter classless display - I think she got caught out and started to make the Rome and Madrid comments in all seriousness as a compliment - but when she saw how it came out and some in the media chuckling couldn't stop laughing with them and seeing the funny side when she realised it had come out the wrong way. She shouldn't have done that but I don't think she intended that comment as a putdown when she said it.

I don't think she will want to get caught out like that and seen to be absolutely catty and classless to a friend. I think if/when Caro becomes #1 - her line will be a congratulations to Caro and that she deserves it. But that she (Serena) still believes that she is the best player in the world and that will be all she says. And she''ll not get drawn into saying anything else or commenting on the rankings. Caro as always won't get caught up in anything. She'll just say she deserves it and feels comfortable as a #1 and earned it and if asked about Serena being a true #1 will bat the question away with she's a great player.

They also twiiter and talk to each other so I think they will talk to each other if the media twists and misinterprets anything they do say about each other.

laurie
Oct 2nd, 2010, 02:04 PM
First I now think that the Serena vs Dinara thing and the "she won Rome and Madrid" comment and then laughs was blown up and misinterpreted. I think Serena will be careful not to let that happen again. Contrary to what I thought at the time was an utter classless display - I think she got caught out and started to make the Rome and Madrid comments in all seriousness as a compliment - but when she saw how it came out and some in the media chuckling couldn't stop laughing with them and seeing the funny side when she realised it had come out the wrong way. She shouldn't have done that but I don't think she intended that comment as a putdown when she said it.

I don't think she will want to get caught out like that and seen to be absolutely catty and classless to a friend. I think if/when Caro becomes #1 - her line will be a congratulations to Caro and that she deserves it. But that she (Serena) still believes that she is the best player in the world and that will be all she says. And she''ll not get drawn into saying anything else or commenting on the rankings. Caro as always won't get caught up in anything. She'll just say she deserves it and feels comfortable as a #1 and earned it and if asked about Serena being a true #1 will bat the question away with she's a great player.

They also twiiter and talk to each other so I think they will talk to each other if the media twists and misinterprets anything they do say about each other.

I agree. Also its a different situation this time with Serena actually being injured so not able to get points, she won't be able to begrudge Wozniacki for that.

But it will spice up next year when Serena plays for Grand Slam titles again, will Wozniacki be able to respond by raising her level at the Majors?

tennnisfannn
Oct 2nd, 2010, 02:10 PM
I wonder if we'll get some

Does Caro have a brother to tell serena to F- off?

DownInAHole
Oct 2nd, 2010, 02:17 PM
Does Caro have a brother to tell serena to F- off?

She does, in fact, have a brother. His name is Patrik (not sure about the spelling) and he is featured in this season's Danish version of Dancing With The Stars. No, I am not joking.

tennnisfannn
Oct 2nd, 2010, 03:57 PM
She does, in fact, have a brother. His name is Patrik (not sure about the spelling) and he is featured in this season's Danish version of Dancing With The Stars. No, I am not joking.
Then he had better twit Safin on how to fend off an attack on a sibling!

Ryan
Oct 2nd, 2010, 04:27 PM
I don't think Serena will do that. She likes Caro, and I think Caro knows she won't be THE player to beat - its just another feather in her cap, she'll still want a Slam. Serena knows she's been injured for half a year, so its not surprising she'll lose #1. I bet she'd rather it be Caro than....JJ or Maria.

Gdsimmons
Oct 2nd, 2010, 04:28 PM
I think Serena will have something to say. Sublimely of course.

Lucemferre
Oct 2nd, 2010, 04:52 PM
As we all know these two have been BFFs for a long time and Serena always thought Caro was so cute and nice. I'm sure she never expected this pusher to actually snatch her #1 from her. To make matters worse Caro will stop Serena from reaching her ultimate goal, which is to have a streak at #1 longer than Justine's longest streak.

How catty will Serena become and how big a rift will develop between the two best players on tour?

:lol:

Vikapower
Oct 2nd, 2010, 05:22 PM
:spit: Is this a serious question ?? Serena willn't say nothing... the whole tour is a conspiracy... ROFL I even wonder if the real reasons for Serena's absence wasn't to leave place for her BFF Caro to fufill her dreams ?? I'll investigate on that during my spare time rebuilding the scenario of what may be the hugest conspiracy a sport has ever known...

Ryan
Oct 2nd, 2010, 05:34 PM
:spit: Is this a serious question ?? Serena willn't say nothing... the whole tour is a conspiration... ROFL I even wonder if the real reasons for Serena's absence wasn't to leave place for her BFF Caro to fufill her dreams ?? I'll investigate on that during my spare time rebuilding the scenario of what may be the hugest conspiration a sport has ever known...

More time dedicated to Caro and uncovering "plots" around her. SMH. So sad.

The Witch-king
Oct 2nd, 2010, 06:10 PM

No shit.

Yeah I remember Caro whoring out is vote-for-me number.

what is "famous" for in denmark? being her brother?

Gdsimmons
Oct 2nd, 2010, 06:12 PM
Serena cares about winning slams. I think she cares about #1 too but to a lesser extent than the slams. IF the stars align, a tornado hits in the middle of an earthquake and Wozniacki somehow prevents Serena from a slam, then she'll probably hate her

DownInAHole
Oct 2nd, 2010, 06:12 PM
No shit.

Yeah I remember Caro whoring out is vote-for-me number.

what is "famous" for in denmark? being her brother?

I think he plays football but I'm not sure how successful he is. I believe that Caroline was asked to be on the show but for obvious reasons she was too busy and, I think, as a joke, she suggested her brother.

Kworb
Oct 2nd, 2010, 06:39 PM
He dances the way his sister plays tennis

0EHrpOHqhjs

olivero
Oct 2nd, 2010, 06:41 PM

already forgot about FO 2010?

TennisFan66
Oct 2nd, 2010, 07:33 PM
I think he plays football but I'm not sure how successful he is. I believe that Caroline was asked to be on the show but for obvious reasons she was too busy and, I think, as a joke, she suggested her brother.

Yes, it was something like this: At the Danish SPOTY (Sports personality of the year award) Caro won ahead of a swimming girl, whom won some gold medals somewhere and had been on 'dancing with the stars' the previous year. So as a joke, Caro signed a fake contract to be on 'Dancing with the stars' in 2010. Obviously not gonna happen but as another joke, she suggested her brother, Patrick. He is a footie player and apparently has two left feet .. I am sure she was having a good laugh. But the producers went after him and pursuaded him to join the show. :lol:

A future world #1? ..

sweetpeas
Oct 2nd, 2010, 07:34 PM
How catty will Serena become and how big a rift will develop between the two best players on to

You think Serena the only catty person on the TWA? Think again.

Nicolás89
Oct 2nd, 2010, 08:06 PM
First I now think that the Serena vs Dinara thing and the "she won Rome and Madrid" comment and then laughs was blown up and misinterpreted. I think Serena will be careful not to let that happen again.

I don't think so. She constantly let her own insecurities resurface when suddenly she isn't considered the best by everyone. But many things have happened since the "Rome and Madrid", "lack of formal education", "made her look like a champ" and "lucky shots" incidents, so we'll see.

Ciarán
Oct 2nd, 2010, 10:06 PM
Well to be fair, no-one forced Serena to have plastic surgery. So it's her own fault if she couldn't play and loses her #1 spot to a scrub.

ZODIAC
Oct 2nd, 2010, 11:10 PM
Serena likes Caro and will endorse her,what did Rena expect to happen while she sits at home for months...the tour moves on without her

MaBaker
Oct 3rd, 2010, 12:03 AM
Hopefully

http://i51.tinypic.com/14lls7t.gif

jimmy_the_greek
Oct 3rd, 2010, 12:10 AM
Hopefully

haha this is brilliant:lol:

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 3rd, 2010, 12:21 AM

serena didn't get caught in a thing :lol: you and other detractors read more into in than there was as usual and blew it way out of proportion :lol:

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 3rd, 2010, 12:22 AM
Hopefully

you're a genius :spit:

LightWarrior
Oct 3rd, 2010, 12:26 AM
Well to be fair, no-one forced Serena to have plastic surgery.

Oh god, you still believe that crap rumour ? :help:

Mary Cherry.
Oct 3rd, 2010, 12:37 AM
Hopefully

:haha:

Kworb
Oct 3rd, 2010, 12:54 AM
Hopefully

:haha:

TSequoia01
Oct 3rd, 2010, 01:18 AM
Well to be fair, no-one forced Serena to have plastic surgery. So it's her own fault if she couldn't play and loses her #1 spot to a scrub.
Serena may have had some minor work done but that would never be the real reason to miss a major. I truly believe she is boycotting tennis USA for 2010. She will be back in 2011, drama only the princess of power can provide.

justineheninfan
Oct 3rd, 2010, 01:34 AM

Serena and Clijsters are the two best players on tour currently. Wozniacki wont be until she actually wins a slam or atleast starts beating Serena and/or Clijsters caliber players.

And I dont think #1 is an ultimate goal for Serena. I am sure she likes it but it isnt something that she sets as a huge priority. If she did she wouldnt have been tanking every event outside the Slams, Miami, and the WTA Championships for about 7 years now. When is the last title she has won outside those events now. She doesnt push herself enough to ever manage to beat Dementieva in such events anymore, heck or even Bammer you might say (0-2 vs Bammer due to 2 non slam meetings). After all it would have been easy for her to spend every week last year at #1 too with the competition. She just had to want it a bit more and it would have been easy to stay over a vastly inferior player like Safina. So no I dont think #1 is a huge priority for Serena at this point.

Gdsimmons
Oct 3rd, 2010, 01:36 AM
Hopefully

Holy fucking shit that is hilarious :lol::lol:

Martian KC
Oct 3rd, 2010, 01:50 AM
The only rift between the two will surface when Caro starts beating her routinely.

Lord Choc Ice
Oct 3rd, 2010, 02:31 AM
The only rift between the two will surface when Caro starts beating her routinely.

Well Dinara didn't beat Serena routinely. :p

Jean-Henri
Oct 3rd, 2010, 03:52 AM

0EHrpOHqhjs

He looks like late Christopher Reeve. I just waited for him to wrap off his clothes and reveal a Superman outfit.

gc-spurs
Oct 3rd, 2010, 04:47 AM
Serena won't say anything because Caro will write her a big long apology letter.

howardean
Oct 3rd, 2010, 06:43 AM
He looks like late Christopher Reeve. I just waited for him to wrap off his clothes and reveal a Superman outfit.

I agree - very dashing!

shoryuken
Oct 3rd, 2010, 07:38 AM

what a beautiful man! :drool:

Serenita
Oct 3rd, 2010, 07:53 AM
Hopefully

:hysteric:
Genius !!

Brena
Oct 3rd, 2010, 12:27 PM
Hopefully

:haha::hysteric:
This will give me nightmares.

Galsen
Oct 3rd, 2010, 12:29 PM
Serena and Clijsters are the two best players on tour currently. Wozniacki wont be until she actually wins a slam or atleast starts beating Serena and/or Clijsters caliber players.

And I dont think #1 is an ultimate goal for Serena. I am sure she likes it but it isnt something that she sets as a huge priority. If she did she wouldnt have been tanking every event outside the Slams, Miami, and the WTA Championships for about 7 years now. When is the last title she has won outside those events now. She doesnt push herself enough to ever manage to beat Dementieva in such events anymore, heck or even Bammer you might say (0-2 vs Bammer due to 2 non slam meetings). After all it would have been easy for her to spend every week last year at #1 too with the competition. She just had to want it a bit more and it would have been easy to stay over a vastly inferior player like Safina. So no I dont think #1 is a huge priority for Serena at this point.

Serena

Kim

Galsen
Oct 3rd, 2010, 12:29 PM
Hopefully

lmfao :lol: :rolls:

ptitnavet
Oct 3rd, 2010, 01:14 PM
Hopefully

:lol: :bowdown::haha: OMG best gif ever!!

stangtennis
Oct 8th, 2010, 01:41 PM
Post by angliru:
http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden_sport/tennis/article1427530.ece
Caroline: The best greeting was from Serena

Caroline Wozniacki always gets a lot of text greetings on her phone when she has accomplished something big. Yesterday, however, she got so many that she still wasn't finished reading them several hours after the match.

- What greetings did you get?

- Many, and I have not read them all yet.

- But there was a text message that pleased me a lot. It was from Serena (Williams, the dethroned no. 1, ed.).

- What did she write to you?

- She writes that it's great. Well done. It's obviously great to hear those words from her. This message means a lot to me.

- How do you feel about having just overtaken her?

- Serena is a great athlete and a great champion who has won all those titles we all want to win. I have so much respect for her and I can learn a lot from her.

brickhousesupporter
Oct 8th, 2010, 01:48 PM
It is nice to see that Caro is not going out there and claiming that she is the best player in the world, like Dinara did. She knows it is not smart to poke the bear.

stangtennis
Oct 8th, 2010, 01:52 PM
That's also what one of the 4 judges said at 4:18 in this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EHrpOHqhjs#t=4m18s

Kworb
Oct 8th, 2010, 01:57 PM
Post by angliru:

Nice to see Serena paying attention to the rankings and being very displeased by the current events.

stangtennis
Oct 8th, 2010, 01:59 PM
When Caro was 14 years old, this is the picture she had haging above her bed below her trophy shelf:

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/4340/wozniackiwilliams.jpg

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/3808/trophies.jpg

I took a screen-shot of Wozniacki and Williams from this old portrait video of Wozniacki from when she was only 14 years old. Caro had this picture framed and hanging above her bed below her trophy shelf as you can see in the video @ 0:38.
The video link has just been reposted by the Danish public service TV-station DR1 in honor of her #1 ranking: http://www.dr.dk/Sporten/Oevrig_sport/Tennis/2009/06/28/163721.htm

bandabou
Oct 8th, 2010, 02:11 PM
Post by angliru:

Wow...nice from Serena. Seems like they're really cool with each other.

Serenus Christ
Oct 8th, 2010, 02:19 PM

Lyndrea is her hero :hearts:

ZODIAC
Oct 8th, 2010, 03:52 PM
When Caro was 14 years old, this is the picture she had haging above her bed below her trophy shelf:

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/3808/trophies.jpg

I took a screen-shot of Wozniacki and Williams from this old portrait video of Wozniacki from when she was only 14 years old. Caro had this picture framed and hanging above her bed below her trophy shelf as you can see in the video @ 0:38.
The video link has just been reposted by the Danish public service TV-station DR1 in honor of her #1 ranking: http://www.dr.dk/Sporten/Oevrig_sport/Tennis/2009/06/28/163721.htm
thats so sweet:hearts:well she is learning from the best:cool:maybe Serena gives her tips on how to beat certain players

JN
Oct 8th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Serena may have had some minor work done but that would never be the real reason to miss a major. I truly believe she is boycotting tennis USA for 2010. She will be back in 2011, drama only the princess of power can provide.

True. As in makeup work. Some of you people, I swear. :rolleyes:

Stamp Paid
Oct 8th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Nice to see Serena paying attention to the rankings and being very displeased by the current events.:lol::lol::lol: Drama queen lol

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 9th, 2010, 01:00 AM
not surprising....serena likes her, and she's not proclaiming herself as automatically better than serena because a ranking says so :lol:

as brickhouse said..she's not "poking the bear" :tape:

Uranus
Oct 9th, 2010, 01:13 AM
Serena doesn't have to fear Caro. She knows she's better than her.
Caro is #1 thanks to her consistency against lower-ranked opponents, but she clearly ain't ever beating the Williams sisters, Clijsters, even Henin with her new game, or some young gun who's on fire on a given day.

Temperenka
Oct 9th, 2010, 01:17 AM
Lyndrea is her hero :hearts:

Great picture. 2 of my favorite players :)

danieln1
Oct 9th, 2010, 04:31 AM
I thought Serena would say something in her twitter about that... but she sent the message private I guess

mykarma
Oct 9th, 2010, 06:01 AM

Who said they were BFF's just because Serena thought she was cute? How many times have you seen them out together plus Serena kicks Veen's ass so you know she'll stomp on Woz. I could be wrong but I was under the impression that Serena had already passed Justine's streak.