PDA

View Full Version : Who can prevent Caro from getting to world number one?

Caipirinha Guy
Oct 2nd, 2010, 10:58 AM
As it was mentioned, if Wozniacki reaches the quarterfinal, she will become a new WTA ranking leader. So, who could eventually prevent her from doing it?

Plz Kvitova, please pull another Wimbledon run :hysteric:
Vote!

Noctis
Oct 2nd, 2010, 11:00 AM
Peng or kvitova or errani

The Witch-king
Oct 2nd, 2010, 11:01 AM
I'm praying for pennetta (she's playing kvitova right?) because i suspect petra cant do it again. :o

rockstar
Oct 2nd, 2010, 11:03 AM
caro will whoop petra's ass if she gets the chance

ZODIAC
Oct 2nd, 2010, 11:03 AM
I amsure Serena will endorse this new ranking..

TennisFan66
Oct 2nd, 2010, 11:04 AM
IMO only another deluded tennis fan with a knife.

If it doesn't happen in Beijing, it will at YEC or next year. Just a matter of time.

Your best option to 'prevent' it is probably to round up one of these above mentioned deluded 'fans' here on TF .. Let me know if you want help with some names :lol:

Keadz
Oct 2nd, 2010, 11:05 AM
Peng has the best chance IMO :lol: She seems to play well in China, and randomly plays good matches out of no where.

Pennetta can't beat Caro. She fails against her.

Petra :unsure: Maybe, she's beat her before and did it quite well.

Errani, no.

Lysias
Oct 2nd, 2010, 11:09 AM
She will be world 1# even if she is prevented this time or this year. Accept it and be a saner hater.

VIKA?
Oct 2nd, 2010, 11:13 AM
Hopefully no one.:cheer:

tennis-insomniac
Oct 2nd, 2010, 11:15 AM
Peng if she's healthy

Pops Maellard
Oct 2nd, 2010, 11:15 AM
lolz, none of those muppets are going to stop Caro before the QF. ;)

Noctis
Oct 2nd, 2010, 11:16 AM

If it doesn't happen in Beijing, it will at YEC or next year. Just a matter of time.

Your best option to 'prevent' it is probably to round up one of these above mentioned deluded 'fans' here on TF .. Let me know if you want help with some names :lol:

Your pushing it skills is Almost on par With Caro's
Why can't you stop pretending to be a victim

babuska6
Oct 2nd, 2010, 11:19 AM
Kanepi is in good form,but I am not sure if she is able to beat Caro. Caroline is in great form and I really wish her to become new number one after China Open! So keep it going,Caro,and good luck! :)

GreenGrass
Oct 2nd, 2010, 11:22 AM
No one.
The only ones that have a slight chance are Peng and Kanepi, but they still have to play close to their best to win :lol: :shrug:

toxina90
Oct 2nd, 2010, 11:41 AM
Only the Empress can conquer the usurper.

toxina90
Oct 2nd, 2010, 11:43 AM
:o :help:

olivero
Oct 2nd, 2010, 11:46 AM
Nobody. Caro will get that #1 spot. We just have to deal with :shrug:

Pops Maellard
Oct 2nd, 2010, 12:02 PM
It's happening. :hearts:

TF is going to explode. :banana:

claypova
Oct 2nd, 2010, 12:07 PM
Peng will :rocker2:

Hian
Oct 2nd, 2010, 12:25 PM
Sara :lol:
Joking. No one.

DownInAHole
Oct 2nd, 2010, 12:28 PM
I voted for nobody but I think the most likely person to stop Caroline is Caroline. She could easily experience a letdown and lose her first match of the tournament in the second round. On paper she should be able to make the quarters without too much trouble but I can see her losing early. Now, if she does lose I'm not saying that whoever beats her does not deserve the credit but I also think it will take a combination of Caroline playing bad and her opponent playing good to cause her to lose in either the second or third round. I hope I'm wrong and she does become number one. She has a very bubbly personality and, provided the results keep coming, I think she would make a great number one.

Nikkiri
Oct 2nd, 2010, 12:30 PM
Herself :shrug:

Jean-Henri
Oct 2nd, 2010, 12:30 PM
It's happening. :hearts:

TF is going to explode. :banana:

No, TF is not gonna explode when it happens. And it will.

Everytime Caro achieves one of the TF predicted "things that Caro will never do/be/achieve" etc, all the anti-Caro experts here just states that it doesn't mean a thing, and comes up with a new definition of why she sucks.

Just like puddle dogs, running away with their heads down after barking at a Grand Danois.

Alejandrawrrr
Oct 2nd, 2010, 01:00 PM
Not even Serena or GrafSelesNavratilEvert could stop her at this point. Caro is the indisputable GOAT and will win the Golden Slam in 2012.

TennisFan66
Oct 2nd, 2010, 01:31 PM
No, TF is not gonna explode when it happens. And it will.

Everytime Caro achieves one of the TF predicted "things that Caro will never do/be/achieve" etc, all the anti-Caro experts here just states that it doesn't mean a thing, and comes up with a new definition of why she sucks.

Just like puddle dogs, running away with their heads down after barking at a Grand Danois.

:lol: So spot on .. When the girl wins her first slam, I can just see the 'the other beat herserlf', it was a fluke' it will never happen again..oh and of course the ONE SLAM WONDER'

It must really suck to be one of them Caro haterz ..

Monzanator
Oct 2nd, 2010, 02:32 PM
When she wins a slam you might well expect "Worst Slam winner" polls coming up in numbers... :happy:

With only two wins needed to reach #1, I don't think she'll blow it :D Sparta is coming to TF :rocker2:

tievae
Oct 2nd, 2010, 02:33 PM
The new Queen has already been appointed.

ce
Oct 2nd, 2010, 02:34 PM
Kanepi :o

dusan993
Oct 2nd, 2010, 02:44 PM
Nobody :D
It's Wozniacki's time !!!

kman
Oct 2nd, 2010, 03:11 PM
At best, they can only delay the inevitable.

Vikapower
Oct 2nd, 2010, 03:20 PM
When she wins a slam you might well expect "Worst Slam winner" polls coming up in numbers... :happy:

With only two wins needed to reach #1, I don't think she'll blow it :D Sparta is coming to TF :rocker2:
From Lena to Petra to save the tour could this be any worst ?! :sad:

You look so sure Caroline will win a slam one day that your deceiption will be at the height of your arrogance... :rolleyes: Serena owns Ao and Wim, Vee is an everlasting danger on grass, Justine if she played half of what she had in the past owns RG, Kimmie owns USO, I wonder if you have enough arrogance to think that Caro will get passed these girls before the match has been played and in majors to wich I recall her H2H is a catastrophe...

BTW I'm surprised no Caro fans talk about the girl winning YEC before talking about a slam ?! :lol: Maybe it's an anticipated slaughter but I'm intrigued at howden suddenly with Kimmie Clijsters... how things make a change in mentalities...

$uricate
Oct 2nd, 2010, 03:31 PM
If Shuai does it will just be so perfect :drool:

It must really suck to be one of them Caro haterz ..

Yeah.

Cause my entire life revolves around Caroline Wozniacki :sobbing:

jimmy_the_greek
Oct 2nd, 2010, 03:35 PM
nobody to be honest. Unless flavia or kaia cause the upset, but i think Caroline should get the new number 1 ranking.

kman
Oct 2nd, 2010, 03:47 PM
You look so sure Caroline will win a slam one day that your deceiption will be at the height of your arrogance... :rolleyes: Serena owns Ao and Wim, Vee is an everlasting danger on grass, Justine if she played half of what she had in the past owns RG, Kimmie owns USO

They're all going to be retired by 2013 at which point Caroline will be at her peak.

DownInAHole
Oct 2nd, 2010, 03:57 PM
From Lena to Petra to save the tour could this be any worst ?! :sad:

You look so sure Caroline will win a slam one day that your deceiption will be at the height of your arrogance... :rolleyes: Serena owns Ao and Wim, Vee is an everlasting danger on grass, Justine if she played half of what she had in the past owns RG, Kimmie owns USO, I wonder if you have enough arrogance to think that Caro will get passed these girls before the match has been played and in majors to wich I recall her H2H is a catastrophe...

BTW I'm surprised no Caro fans talk about the girl winning YEC before talking about a slam ?! :lol: Maybe it's an anticipated slaughter but I'm intrigued at howden suddenly with Kimmie Clijsters... how things make a change in mentalities...

I'm a Caro fan and here's what I think. Even if she plays horribly in Beijing she should go into the YEC with the best form and the most momentum. I'm not sure when Clijsters is playing again but both her and Venus are probably going to be a bit rusty. I would say the same thing about Serena but she has proven over and over that she is always a threat to win regardless of how little she plays. I give Caroline a decent shot at winning but I wouldn't call her the favourite. I'm sure that Serena will be very focused on getting some wins after her long layoff and I expect her to win but I'm sure Caroline will do well. Of course there is a chance that some of the other players will beat Caroline, Jankovic, if she qualifies, is 4-0 against her, and Vera beat her handily at the U.S. Open but we will just have to wait and see.

WhoAmI?
Oct 2nd, 2010, 04:00 PM
Nobody:shrug:

(They could try and prove me wrong tho:p)

Vikapower
Oct 2nd, 2010, 04:30 PM
They're all going to be retired by 2013 at which point Caroline will be at her peak.

Uhm... I think you wanted to say Maria... indeed when the Justines and Kimmies retire Maria will most likely win something like 2 majors/year, I thought I was the only person thinking that... :wavey:

Break My Rapture
Oct 2nd, 2010, 04:34 PM
She's got all of her pigeons in her section again in the Beijing draw, so no one will stop her. She's just too lucky, it's unreal.
But I'd love it if Shushu beats her. If she plays like she did here last year, she has a good chance but I doubt that she's in that form. :sad:

goldenlox
Oct 2nd, 2010, 05:34 PM
Kanepi is a threat. It depends if she is tired. That was 2 three set matches in a row, and now she travels to another country, which is also draining

That is 5 titles this year, 4 since Wimbledon. Caro is getting better and better.
If she stays healthy she will win a lot of titles and be #1 for a while

Gdsimmons
Oct 2nd, 2010, 05:36 PM
Never say never in tennis. You never know who will decide to have the tournament of their lives.

justineheninfan
Oct 2nd, 2010, 05:37 PM
Unfortunately nobody. Wozniacki is about to take the #1 ranking and seems likely to end the year there. If Serena does not start playing and caring more outside the slams, if Kim does not become more consistent and play a bit more, if Justine does not get form back, if none of these things happen she might be #1 for quite awhile to come which is to the dread of many people I am sure (myself included).

tennisfan146
Oct 2nd, 2010, 05:42 PM
Kaia could have a chance, she is in good form.

hankqq
Oct 2nd, 2010, 05:46 PM
probably none of them, though a healthy Peng is always dangerous. I think Kanepi has the best chance of the players in Wozniacki's early rd section :shrug:

kman
Oct 2nd, 2010, 06:36 PM
she might be #1 for quite awhile to come which is to the dread of many people I am sure (myself included).

Why? What do you lose from it? Hair?

Break My Rapture
Oct 2nd, 2010, 06:45 PM
Kanepi is a threat. It depends if she is tired. That was 2 three set matches in a row, and now she travels to another country, which is also draining

That is 5 titles this year, 4 since Wimbledon. Caro is getting better and better.
If she stays healthy she will win a lot of titles and be #1 for a while
If you ask me, she regressed in form this week. I thought she was better in Copenhagen, even there where she only barely won her home tournament. She played her best this season in Montréal against Schiavone and in US Open against Maria. That was most likely her peak tennis.

Matt01
Oct 2nd, 2010, 08:10 PM
Uhm... I think you wanted to say Maria... indeed when the Justines and Kimmies retire Maria will most likely win something like 2 majors/year, I thought I was the only person thinking that... :wavey:

You're the only thinking that except for some deluded Pova fans, yes :wavey:

stangtennis
Oct 2nd, 2010, 08:27 PM
Kanepi will overpower another Baltic girl
Since when was Caro Baltic? The three Baltic nations are Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.

Adrian.
Oct 2nd, 2010, 08:29 PM
Peng, Pennetta or Petra :dance: :cheer::fiery:

Or Kanepi :p :p :p

Just someone please :hysteric:

Jean-Henri
Oct 2nd, 2010, 08:32 PM
Since when was Caro Baltic? The three Baltic nations are Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.

Technically, aren't all these countries Baltic: Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia and maybe also Russia ?

EDIT: Just looked it up, Russia also has a coastline at the Baltic Sea, actually two (Kaliningrad and west of Leningrad).

Sammo
Oct 2nd, 2010, 08:42 PM
:sobbing: Noooo she's gonna get the number 1 spot! :sobbing: This is so horrible!!

Craig.
Oct 2nd, 2010, 08:43 PM

How are you not banned yet? :unsure:

stangtennis
Oct 2nd, 2010, 08:49 PM
Technically, aren't all these countries Baltic: Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia and maybe also Russia ?
EDIT: Just looked it up, Russia also has a coastline at the Baltic Sea, actually two (Kaliningrad and west of Leningrad).
The only Baltic countries are Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltic_states
Even though there's also other countries bordering to the Baltic Sea as you mentioned, but that doesn't make them part of the Baltic countries.

WhoAmI?
Oct 2nd, 2010, 09:03 PM

At first I was also :confused: but then I realized it was probably Baltic as in Baltic Sea.

And I was proved right:lol:

young_gunner913
Oct 2nd, 2010, 10:43 PM
Golden Shushu Peng :cheer:

roelc
Oct 2nd, 2010, 11:13 PM
probably she ll get it next week, but i wonder if kim could make it as YE NR1 by winning the masters?

Noctis
Oct 3rd, 2010, 12:40 AM
herself.

AnomyBC
Oct 3rd, 2010, 01:58 AM
Normally I'd say Pavly, but unfortunately Caro completely owns her in the H2H :lol:

Maybe Flavia or Petra? But I doubt it.

AnomyBC
Oct 3rd, 2010, 02:10 AM
Here are the H2Hs, if this hasn't been posted already:

Caro is.....
1-1 vs. Errani
2-1 vs. Peng
4-0 vs. Pennetta
2-1 vs. Kvitova
2-0 vs. Kanepi
4-0 vs. Pavly

Wow, I didn't realize Caro owns Flavia just as bad as she owns Pavly :lol: Amazingly, the girl with the best record against Caro is actually Errani.... weird. Anyway, based on this I'd say Kvitova has the best chance of beating her.