PDA

View Full Version : Wozniacki is Raising the Bar so High: Players need to step up Next Year!

Direwolf
Oct 1st, 2010, 07:12 PM
:worship::worship::worship:

I hope this message reaches to the Current HOF:
Venus-Serena-Kimberly-Christine.

selesisqueen
Oct 1st, 2010, 07:13 PM

Who is Christine?

Wozniacki has not stepped up anything. She couldnt even reach a slam final this year, and won only 2 games at Wimbledon vs an unknown up and comer.

RG Freak
Oct 1st, 2010, 07:17 PM
Who the hell are Kimberly and Christine? :confused:

sammy01
Oct 1st, 2010, 07:19 PM
yeah :weirdo: i mean serena and kim were just shitting themselves going into the slams that woz woz was in the draw lol

Gdsimmons
Oct 1st, 2010, 07:20 PM
http://i53.tinypic.com/r89elv.gif

pav
Oct 1st, 2010, 07:21 PM
Heng and Pud!

Mr.Sharapova
Oct 1st, 2010, 07:24 PM
This is a joke right?:spit:

Direwolf
Oct 1st, 2010, 07:25 PM
Who is Christine?

Wozniacki has not stepped up anything. She couldnt even reach a slam final this year, and won only 2 games at Wimbledon vs an unknown up and comer.

yeah :weirdo: i mean serena and kim were just shitting themselves going into the slams that woz woz was in the draw lol

Thanks for the Help
Gdsimpsons//

Slutiana
Oct 1st, 2010, 07:37 PM
Even Vinas performed better than her in the slams this year. And Vinas is OVA. :lol:

DownInAHole
Oct 1st, 2010, 07:43 PM
I'm 100% pro Wozniacki but if anyone needs to step up next year it is her. She is very close to a big breakthrough but I do not think that the top players have any reason to fear her yet. Until she proves she can consistently beat the top players they have no reason to fear her.

Direwolf
Oct 1st, 2010, 07:48 PM
I'm 100% pro Wozniacki but if anyone needs to step up next year it is her. She is very close to a big breakthrough but I do not think that the top players have any reason to fear her yet. Until she proves she can consistently beat the top players they have no reason to fear her.

If the top players make it far.

Wozniacki is about to make 3 titles in her 4 last tournament, whilst playing a full schedule.

DownInAHole
Oct 1st, 2010, 07:53 PM
If the top players make it far.

Wozniacki is about to make 3 titles in her 4 last tournament, whilst playing a full schedule.

Well, she still has beat Elena which is not going to be easy.

That's a fair point. It's tough for Wozniacki to beat Serena, Venus and Kim when they play fewer tournaments but even so until Wozniacki wins against them consistently they have no reason to fear her. I actually think it would help her game considerably if she played them more often. Hopefully in 2011 the big three will all be healthy and play a heavier schedule giving Wozniacki a better chance of playing them.

flareon
Oct 1st, 2010, 07:56 PM
The only thing wozniacki has raised is her chances of Burning out at a younger age.

Direwolf
Oct 1st, 2010, 07:57 PM
Well, she still has beat Elena which is not going to be easy.

That's a fair point. It's tough for Wozniacki to beat Serena, Venus and Kim when they play fewer tournaments but even so until Wozniacki wins against them consistently they have no reason to fear her. I actually think it would help her game considerably if she played them more often. Hopefully in 2011 the big three will all be healthy and play a heavier schedule giving Wozniacki a better chance of playing them.

:D...

I was mainly focusing on the number 1 Ranking.

:D

goldenlox
Oct 1st, 2010, 08:01 PM
I agree that more young players need to step up.
But ultimately a player as good as Wozniacki will be measured by how many majors she wins.

She still hasnt won any

madmax
Oct 1st, 2010, 08:02 PM
I agree, Pusniacki is definitely raising a bar...at how to win ugly that is

pav
Oct 1st, 2010, 08:04 PM
The only thing wozniacki has raised is her chances of Burning out at a younger age.
And quite a few tee3nage males(and a few old age wrinklies) hydaulic systems

DownInAHole
Oct 1st, 2010, 08:05 PM
:D...

I was mainly focusing on the number 1 Ranking.

:D

OK.

Still, I think it would help her game a great deal, and therefore give her a better chance of attaining and holding on to the number one ranking, if she got more matches against the best players. Initially she is going to lose more often than she wins but hopefully they will force* her to improve her game and get better. Kind of similar to how Nadal needed a few opportunities to beat Federer at Wimbledon. He got better every time they played and now he basically owns Federer on all surfaces. I think the best way for any player to improve is to play the best and learn from them.

* I was going to use the word "push" instead of "force" but then I thought better of it.

flareon
Oct 1st, 2010, 08:07 PM
And quite a few tee3nage males(and a few old age wrinklies) hydaulic systems

:lol:

swim4life227
Oct 1st, 2010, 08:20 PM
Ponte Verde & Copenhagan champion= bar set high! She basically won 2 slams.

tennis-insomniac
Oct 1st, 2010, 08:28 PM
:cuckoo:

tennis-insomniac
Oct 1st, 2010, 08:30 PM
I'd be agreeing with you right now if she had won US open this year

Stamp Paid
Oct 1st, 2010, 08:34 PM
I agree, Pusniacki is definitely raising a bar...at how to win ugly that isAs opposed to Sharapova right? :lol::lol::lol:

Diesel
Oct 1st, 2010, 09:06 PM

Okay damn :lol: I don't even know why Serena's mentioned.

spencercarlos
Oct 2nd, 2010, 12:54 AM

Yeah with those moonballs she is raising them higher :bounce: :lol:

eck
Oct 2nd, 2010, 01:13 AM
The only reason why she is playing a more-than-full schedule is because the other players you mentioned have a much older and worn down body.

In 8 years time or whatever, if she can still play a full schedule...then I'd be impressed.

PLP
Oct 2nd, 2010, 02:12 AM
Ponte Verde & Copenhagan champion= bar set high! She basically won 2 slams.

Why don't you also mention Montreal and New Haven?
:wavey:

BlameSerena
Oct 2nd, 2010, 02:23 AM

:spit:

Anyway, the key phrase here is HOF. Woz needs to get on their level. Those gals have paid their due and more.

Direwolf
Oct 2nd, 2010, 07:39 AM

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

VW_fan
Oct 2nd, 2010, 09:49 AM
How is she raising the bar ? I can't see it... She has played like 20 tournaments so far and has dificulties taking the number 1 from Serena who has played just 6 :D:D

Martian Jeza
Oct 2nd, 2010, 09:57 AM
How is she raising the bar ? I can't see it... She has played like 20 tournaments so far and has dificulties taking the number 1 from Serena who has played just 6 :D:D

Caroline proves that with ballbashing or power tennis all alone, it doesn't make you win matches ! That's what many of the players nowadays are thinking by copying the WS : They are so WRONG !

But every tournaments and every seasons, it always is a confirmation : which is the hard reality of sport : if she manages to confirm at a regular basis, she can't be considered as only a pusher that only win thx to luck, the other sucking hard, etc.

MB.
Oct 2nd, 2010, 10:07 AM
Dude, I used to be a Caro hater, admittedly, but since Wimbledon, she's really shown her stuff, and everyone who's still down on her is clearly not paying attention to what's going on.

Forgot about her type of play, about her number of winners.

The girl has proven again and again that she can step up, even when playing against "better" players, and win. How many tournament wins since IW is that, 5? Truly amazing.

OP is right--the other girls are going to need to step up. Maybe not Serena, Kim, but everyone else--Yes. Including you, Masha-can't-get-to-a-QF-or-win-a-nonMM-to-save-her-life and Jelena-no-brain-Jankovic.

Direwolf
Oct 2nd, 2010, 10:18 AM
Yes you are right Dude!

Lysias
Oct 2nd, 2010, 11:10 AM
Caroline proves that with ballbashing or power tennis all alone, it doesn't make you win matches ! That's what many of the players nowadays are thinking by copying the WS : They are so WRONG !
CW only proved a pusher could win matches, which had been proven by many other pushers for a long time. Nothing really special. Even with the considerable achievements she has attained so far, she has no lesson to teach other girls.

Forgot about her type of play, about her number of winners.
I will, if she changes the type and increases the number.