PDA

View Full Version : Who was your #1 Player of 2004

justineheninfan
Oct 1st, 2010, 07:05 PM
Sorry to make another poll but I thought the original 2004 poll was ridiculous without Mauresmo on it.

selesisqueen
Oct 1st, 2010, 07:12 PM
I left Mauresmo out of my poll since she was owned by Dementieva and Serena that year. It was not ridiculous of me to exclude her. She was only about the 11th best player that year.

Dave.
Oct 1st, 2010, 07:22 PM
Are you two the same person?

miffedmax
Oct 1st, 2010, 07:23 PM
Two polls mean two chances to vote for Lena :hearts: :inlove: :hearts:

justineheninfan
Oct 1st, 2010, 07:23 PM
11th best, LOL! Mauresmo won 3 tier 1 titles and made the quarters or semis of all 4 slams. She was for sure one of the top 3 or 4 players that year and one of those to discuss as the possible deserving #1.

Then again in your warped world the 11th greatest player ever Monica Seles is the greatest ever so....

selesisqueen
Oct 1st, 2010, 07:32 PM
11th best, LOL! Mauresmo won 3 tier 1 titles and made the quarters or semis of all 4 slams. She was for sure one of the top 3 or 4 players that year and one of those to discuss as the possible deserving #1.

Then again in your warped world the 11th greatest player ever Monica Seles is the greatest ever so....

And in your fantasy World Mrs. "knife No. 1" Graf is the greatest ever when she went 9-9 vs her own mother Martina Navratilova who is over 12 years older than her.

Anyway I voted for Henin, but if not her Sharapova or Serena for 2004. Not the butch overrated Mauresmo.

pierce85
Oct 1st, 2010, 07:35 PM

They have their own personal vendetta, one is a graff fan and the other a seles maniac. They pretend to hate each other but i believe they're secretly in love hence the same flag :hearts:

justineheninfan
Oct 1st, 2010, 07:40 PM
I am not a significant Graf fan. I only acknowledge what any objective and informed person does, that Graf is the greatest ever, but that is another topic altogether. Such an obvious and simple observation does not require being a fan. Even someone who dislikes Graf should see such an obvious truth.

Henin is my favorite player but I wouldnt say she is the greatest ever just because she is. Unlike Selesqueen I dont automatically think my favorite is the greatest. If Dementieva was Selesqueen's favorite she would probably say she was the best player ever too, LOL!

Direwolf
Oct 1st, 2010, 07:55 PM

:eek::eek::eek:

OMG...
I was thinking of the same thing.

It's like a Bipolar or something.

Because, everytime one post, the other post aswell.
Most of the time, immediately after the other.

:eek::eek::eek:

miffedmax
Oct 1st, 2010, 08:41 PM
I am not a significant Graf fan. I only acknowledge what any objective and informed person does, that Graf is the greatest ever, but that is another topic altogether. Such an obvious and simple observation does not require being a fan. Even someone who dislikes Graf should see such an obvious truth.

Henin is my favorite player but I wouldnt say she is the greatest ever just because she is. Unlike Selesqueen I dont automatically think my favorite is the greatest. If Dementieva was Selesqueen's favorite she would probably say she was the best player ever too, LOL!

a) That's my job.
b) She IS :ras: So there.

DragonFlame
Oct 1st, 2010, 08:45 PM
i compared all data for this before, and came to the conclusion it was justine who was the best player that year.(i guess thats whats being meant with #1 player?) She just outdid sharapova with titles won, win-loss percentage etc. It was pretty close. Henin with AO and Olympics, and Sharapova with Wimbledon and YEC and both some other titles.

Davenport and Mauresmo did well but honestly without any big titles to me you cant talk about #1(best) player then.