PDA

View Full Version : why JJ has problems against the likes of Kanepi, Kleybanova, Bartoli, A. Pavly???

rhz
Oct 1st, 2010, 03:11 PM
from what I saw in the videos which she lost to these, it seems that she lacked of confidence, and hoping for these "somewhat" not fit girls to make unforced errors or run out of gas, but none of them ever did and overpowering JJ instead. What do you think?
but why the hell she plays so well against the Sisters, even against Justine (tho Henin owns her) but she always play incredibly good and agresive against her.

rockstar
Oct 1st, 2010, 03:16 PM
maybe she thinks these fatties can't outlast her in a rally :shrug:

Lucemferre
Oct 1st, 2010, 03:16 PM
Because she gets no hype from beating them.Jankovic is all about attention. She brings her best against fellow divas.

rhz
Oct 1st, 2010, 03:18 PM
you may be right lucifer, her facial expression showed that she lacked interest on the court. I want the smiley bubbly drama queen JJ back!!!

tennis-insomniac
Oct 1st, 2010, 03:31 PM
I think her stroke is not so effective when facing the grinders like Marion or Alisa or Kaia they hit it flat and would be thirlled to hit the balls early when see those weak top spin forehand from JJ

But JJ in her best day no dount in my mind would be able to beat all of them, :)

miffedmax
Oct 1st, 2010, 03:35 PM
Because they're not choking blond idiots from Moscow.

tennis-insomniac
Oct 1st, 2010, 03:41 PM
Because they're not choking blond idiots from Moscow.

Davydenko :lol:

Direwolf
Oct 1st, 2010, 03:45 PM
These players have good backhands and can hit nice angles.

MaBaker
Oct 1st, 2010, 03:51 PM
Because they train, like, 10 hours a day.

RenaSlam.
Oct 1st, 2010, 04:11 PM
JJ :tape:

Wiggly
Oct 1st, 2010, 04:29 PM
These players have good backhands and can hit nice angles.

Yeah, they're pretty much all powerful players who can hit some nice angles, which are way tougher to run down that some ball bashing down the middle.

lestat111
Oct 1st, 2010, 05:39 PM
I think her stroke is not so effective when facing the grinders like Marion or Alisa or Kaia they hit it flat and would be thirlled to hit the balls early when see those weak top spin forehand from JJ

But JJ in her best day no dount in my mind would be able to beat all of them, :)

I havent seen that day for a long time.. :tape:

Patrick345
Oct 1st, 2010, 05:43 PM

This. They just hammer away at Jankovic´s weak short topspin forehands down the middle.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Oct 1st, 2010, 05:44 PM
Nowadays off-clay, there are loads of players who can consistently beat Jankovic.

Jankarenka
Oct 1st, 2010, 06:02 PM
JJ is always hungry, these are clearly not.

miffedmax
Oct 1st, 2010, 06:25 PM
Yeah, they're pretty much all powerful players who can hit some nice angles, which are way tougher to run down that some ball bashing down the middle.

Hit angles? :haha:

Next you'll be saying people should be, oh, I don't know, hitting backhands down the line, or some crazy shit like that.

DefyingGravity
Oct 1st, 2010, 08:00 PM
These are women who aren't going to give her hard pace up the middle.....which allow her to redirect with the backhand. Especially Marion, but all of them take the ball early as some people have mentioned earlier. That's the only difference between them and a Serena, Venus, or Ana which she can beat (clearly). People who can hit angles on JJ (Justine...Kim...) have given her issues because it makes her have to cover more court, and can expose her forehand.

Also, it wouldn't hurt if some of these bitches would just hit down the line to her forehand more.

Safe-From-Harm
Oct 1st, 2010, 08:34 PM
Firts that came to mz mind, seeing this 4 names, is that they have something in common.
Well, I am sorry for being rude, but all of them looks like a camion driver, womans who do the javelin, simply looks fat. So I suppose they hit very strong and can eat JJ for launch.

Ferg
Oct 1st, 2010, 08:35 PM
aIqvmzNIZnc

iRed_uBlue
Oct 1st, 2010, 08:36 PM
aIqvmzNIZnc

This in a nutshell.

Jankovic's crosscourt FH is one of the worst shots in the top 5. Every time she had to hit one in this match Marion obliterated it.

empressionist
Oct 1st, 2010, 08:40 PM
all said is true, but main reason is - JJ is completely out of form. period. she has been, pretty much since wimbledon and the back injury. then came the ankle injury, and that pretty much ended this season for her. I hope I'm wrong, but... aside from this, jelena needs a full time coach ASAP. she stopped working with Darko Madjaroski - her hitting partner throught the winter/spring part of the season, Chip Brooks quit working with her (what ever happened there?), so she is in no man's land at the moment. that is the main reason these players and many others can beat jelena these days... i mean come on, at the us open she was even troubled by Lucic.

n1_and_uh_noone
Oct 1st, 2010, 08:45 PM
This in a nutshell.

Jankovic's crosscourt FH is one of the worst shots in the top 5. Every time she had to hit one in this match Marion obliterated it.

They showed the average trajectory of their shots in this match, and Marion's were extremely low over the net compared to Jelena. Normally, JJ gets down for those balls pretty well, but she generally struggles with players who hit flat and low, which is why she also does not do well on grass (has lost to Tanasugarn, Oudin, Zvonareva at Wimbledon). Of course, she has wins over Venus and Sharpie on grass, which defies logic, but those 2 can be notoriously bad at times, so...

During this match, she looked VERY uncomfortable half-volleying so many balls which were fired deep at her.

colt13
Oct 1st, 2010, 10:19 PM
This. They just hammer away at Jankovic´s weak short topspin forehands down the middle.

Very true. Everybody knows her signature shot is the backhand down the line, but against the harder hitters, she doesn't enough time, and Bartoli uses her angles so well against her that she is never in position.

rhz
Dec 23rd, 2011, 09:22 AM
Bartoli doesn't miss vs JJ, and as she's at least a step slower than before, Bartoli will hit winner after winner and frustrates JJ

Sombrerero loco
Dec 23rd, 2011, 10:26 AM
she would be destroyed by casanova then :oh:

danieln1
Dec 23rd, 2011, 10:52 AM
Jankovic hates playing against the big girls power hitters, she just doesnt seem confortable at all in the court againnst those.

Her drama episode with Marion was so funny, I remember Marion said she liked to play her because of the good record, and JJ said she thinks she`s Serena Williams or something :happy:

Linguae^
Dec 23rd, 2011, 11:55 AM
They are fat, that's the whole point.

Mikey.
Dec 23rd, 2011, 11:57 AM
Well I think it's definitely got to do with these girls being good with angles and the fact that Jelena's forehand is pretty awful when on the run. They just need to hit a few acute angles to her forehand until they have her on the stretch. The result will be one of Jelena's week pushy replies, which they can pretty much put away anywhere they like.

Kanepi though is just happy to play heavy balls down the middle until Jelena gives a short reply or makes an error going for too much.

Tennisfan06
Dec 23rd, 2011, 12:08 PM
Them > Jankovic :shrug: