Oct 1st, 2010, 09:16 AM
H-H tied at 3-3
Lena 1-0 in finals

tennis-insomniac
Oct 1st, 2010, 09:17 AM
Lena Lena Lena please please :)

Direwolf
Oct 1st, 2010, 09:18 AM
Coco vs Elena was expected since Both Azarenkva+Schiavone retired in their Doubles

Danči Dementia
Oct 1st, 2010, 09:18 AM
GOOO LENA!!!

:inlove:

don´t you lose to that pusher again :sobbing:

DownInAHole
Oct 1st, 2010, 09:19 AM
Caroline in three tough sets. Let's hope this is a better match than the Wozniacki/Azarenka semi.

nicidle
Oct 1st, 2010, 09:20 AM
Wont be easy. But Lena with title #17.

Direwolf
Oct 1st, 2010, 09:20 AM
Come on Elena!

Why does she keep getting these tired opponenents!

jimmy_the_greek
Oct 1st, 2010, 09:21 AM
Elena

Rafito.
Oct 1st, 2010, 09:23 AM
Hopefully Caroline.

Pasta-Na
save wta pls, elena.d :p

Zojirushi
Go Lena, hopefully she could takes the Tokyo title again:)

Cp6uja
It's way more easy to predict who will win this poll :devil:

Njalle
Oct 1st, 2010, 09:26 AM
For the sake of tennis, win this one Caro!

Juanes
Oct 1st, 2010, 09:28 AM
i think Caroline will win

nicidle
Oct 1st, 2010, 09:30 AM

How.:confused::confused::confused:

TennisFan66
Oct 1st, 2010, 09:38 AM
It's way more easy to predict who will win this poll :devil:

:lol: and had Sharapova been in the poll, despite not playing, she would still have won ...

Caro is by far the most 'under rated' player on this board. Never expected to win anything, 'everything about her is poor', yet still members find reason to vote for her as most 'over rated' .. Its hilarious. The epitome of 'blinders' ..

As for tomorrows Final, let it be a fair match and the best player win. Making prediction is for the bookie, where your word/money actually means something. There, Caro is fave to win the final at around 1.6-1

Danči Dementia
Oct 1st, 2010, 09:39 AM

:spit:

Daniel
Oct 1st, 2010, 09:43 AM
Elena

Njalle
Oct 1st, 2010, 09:48 AM
How.:confused::confused::confused:

Not really targeting Dementieva here. I like her, and I like her play. Rather I am targeting the "tennis fans" who always vote for Caros opponents because they need to "save the tour", "stop the pusher", "win for the sake of tennis" etc. The bottom line is that they do not understand the concept of WWW polls (WWW means who will win, not who you prefer to win), and basically I'd say they are not entitled to decide what defines tennis, nor to claim that the tour will fail should Caro continue to be successful.

Kworb
Oct 1st, 2010, 10:28 AM
Please Elena :sobbing:

DragonFlame
Oct 1st, 2010, 10:34 AM
Hmmm what do i want more..

caro at #1, or elena at YEC

hmm... Elena at YEC :bounce:

If possible, both of course. :p

I say elena win this title and caro may win their beijingQF for #1 while jankovic loses her first round to zakopalova hehe.

C. W. Fields
Oct 1st, 2010, 10:38 AM
I'm really not sure what to expect.

Before SF Caro had been really clinical leaving her opponents no chances. But today she was off and only won because Vika was even more off. Of course it's possible to play a bad match and still win a tournament. Kim for instance openly admitted she was having a bad day against Sam in their USO QF but she still took the title. Today might have been Caro's one bad match and she'll be back in the grove tomorrow. If she wins she's close to the #1 spot but even if she loses she can still manage the deed in Beijing. Except for today she's had a pretty easy tournament, but she'll probably be a bit tired tomorrow.

Elena has been on top of all her matches except the 1st set against Vera. She still has problems with her nerves/serve when closing out a match, but not as bad here as on other occasions and she has yet to drop a set. If Elena wins the title she jumps to #8 on the race list and looks good for YEC. Will that inspire her to play her best or make her even more nervous than usual? Noone knows.

Like others I'm first and most hoping for a well-played match where the best player on the day wins. I'm mostly a Carofan, but I like Elena, too, and I won't mind if she wins.

goldenlox
Oct 1st, 2010, 10:43 AM
These are 2 of the biggest fighters in the sport. They dont give up on a match because they have a bad set. They dont blow off minor tournaments because the big ones are more important. Both are super fit and can play 3 hours day after day.

Both Lena and Caro show up and fight as hard as they can always.

They are very similar to me, except Caro has a better serve and is much younger.

angliru
Oct 1st, 2010, 10:46 AM
I'm looking forward to this match. Their SF at New Haven was very good, and extremely exciting! Good luck to both :yeah:

claypova
Oct 1st, 2010, 10:47 AM
Lena, take itt!! :rocker2:

M.P
Oct 1st, 2010, 10:59 AM
lean CMON take Venus out YEC

Bronx19
Oct 1st, 2010, 11:06 AM
Given how Wozniacki has played, it will be a travesty of huge proportions if she wins this.

Her anti-tennis is beyond a joke now.

GreenGrass
Oct 1st, 2010, 11:09 AM
Elena please win.
sorry Caro :hug:

olivero
Oct 1st, 2010, 11:25 AM
Caro in straight sets.

TennisFan66
Oct 1st, 2010, 11:26 AM
Given how Wozniacki has played, it will be a travesty of huge proportions if she wins this.

Her anti-tennis is beyond a joke now.

Bitter much? :lol:

MaBaker
Oct 1st, 2010, 11:29 AM
For God's sake, Elena..

tim2502
Oct 1st, 2010, 11:31 AM
Elena.
Please save WTA.

goldenlox
Oct 1st, 2010, 11:34 AM
Elena.
Please save WTA.Too late for that. Caro is too established as 1 or 2.

Drimal
Oct 1st, 2010, 11:38 AM
I still remember that breathtaking Dementieva-Wozniacki final from 2008 in Luxembourg. Both were fighting like their life would depend on it.

Good luck Lena. :hearts:

Bronx19
Oct 1st, 2010, 11:46 AM
Bitter much? :lol:

I tell it like it is.

Can you imagine her as number 1? It will be a bigger joke than Safina was.

DownInAHole
Oct 1st, 2010, 11:50 AM
I tell it like it is.

I'm hopeful that if Caroline becomes number one it will give her the drive and confidence to stay there and win some majors. Obviously she is going to have to find a way to beat the best players but I think she can do it.

Bronx19
Oct 1st, 2010, 11:53 AM
She will be just like Safina, turn up to the majors with the big '1' on the back and then get slaughtered every time.

bandabou
Oct 1st, 2010, 11:59 AM
Wozniacki...against a Russian not at a major? equals Wozniacki wins.

bandabou
Oct 1st, 2010, 12:01 PM
:lol: And to think of it...Safina actually had F, F, SF, SF and F at Olympic games to show when she became no.1. Wozniacki doesn't even one F at the majors! :eek: :bolt:

TennisFan66
Oct 1st, 2010, 12:23 PM
I tell it like it is.

The joke will be on you, mate. Cannot wait!

goldenlox
Oct 1st, 2010, 12:25 PM
:lol: And to think of it...Safina actually had F, F, SF, SF and F at Olympic games to show when she became no.1. Wozniacki doesn't even one F at the majors! :eek: :bolt:Nobody cared that Dinara was having deep runs at every major.
So if you dont win the major, it doesnt matter if you lose 06 16 to Petrova or lose a final

Lucemferre
Oct 1st, 2010, 12:30 PM
Elena :rocker:

Umberella
Oct 1st, 2010, 12:32 PM
Assuming today was just an off day and she will sharpen herself up, Caroline should be okay. I'd be happy either way though, I like both lay-dehs.

Chakvenus
Oct 1st, 2010, 12:34 PM
go Lena!!

goldenlox
Oct 1st, 2010, 12:39 PM
Finally, Lena in a final, her 4th final of 2010, but its been a few months. Since she had to retire against Fran,
Makrova won Eastbourne, Vera reached 2 slam finals, Sveta won Stanford, Maria was in 2 finals, Nadia the New Haven final, Alisa and Alla won titles with Vesnina in a final.

So Lena reaches her 1st final since Kuala Lumpur

Umberella
Oct 1st, 2010, 12:47 PM
I tell it like it is.

I know, right? A player with the most wta wins all year, playing in a tournament final as we speak with a >90% winning ratio since Wimbledon. How pathetic for a number one player! What a complete joke!! :rolleyes:

If any other girl deserved it any more, she would be up there. But unfortunately no one else can outplay her, or those who can do not play enough tournaments to accumulate the points to surpass her. And considering those 'better' players have the option to play just as many tournaments as Caro does, that's their fault. Based on her ability, and commitment to the tour, she has deserved it. Ranking points are about as unbiased a measure as you can get. What do you expect from her - to lose on purpose so she won't get the top ranking? Just congratulate her and don't be bitter about it.

Ellery
Oct 1st, 2010, 12:48 PM
Come on Caro :cheer:

Brena
Oct 1st, 2010, 12:49 PM
Demented in 2.

http://i.imgur.com/Pc3JR.jpg

Hian
Oct 1st, 2010, 12:55 PM

:hug:
C'mon Lena, destroy thia ruin of tennis :lol:

VIKA?
Oct 1st, 2010, 01:01 PM
Hopefully Caro but she played a really bad match today so Elena will probably win.

Maria rocks
Oct 1st, 2010, 01:11 PM
Lena Lena Lena please please :)

Yeah she deserves it.

Aaric
Oct 1st, 2010, 01:41 PM
Go Caro

Miss Atomic Bomb
Oct 1st, 2010, 01:48 PM
I have a feeling that Elena will win this.

She is not in as bad a form as she was in New Haven (although this is Elena we are talking about, and her serving has been sub-par even for her standards)These two always have touch matches except when Elena was in a very good form and destroyed Wozniacki last year.

Jean-Henri
Oct 1st, 2010, 01:52 PM
Yeah she deserves it.

How come she deserves it before they have even played the match ?
Nothing in her results eg. this year or in her recent matches with Caro indicates some sort of transcendental justice to Lena over Caro.

sakya23
Oct 1st, 2010, 02:00 PM
caroline

Mynarco
Oct 1st, 2010, 02:03 PM
go Lena D

DownInAHole
Oct 1st, 2010, 03:28 PM
She will be just like Safina, turn up to the majors with the big '1' on the back and then get slaughtered every time.

In fairness Caroline is already ahead of where Dinara was at this stage in her career. It took Dinara a fair bit of time before she improved her game and got to number one while Caroline, as much as some folks may dislike her, has shown steady improvement since turning pro. In general I agree that the number one player should have at least one slam but just because other recent slamless number ones have had disappointing results that does not mean that Caroline will. Of course it doesn't mean that she won't, we shall have to wait and see.

Huntress55
Oct 1st, 2010, 03:31 PM
I like both, but Im going to go with Caro in this match :D

saul1333
Oct 1st, 2010, 03:33 PM
Melt her ass Lena :hearts:

Doully
Oct 1st, 2010, 03:36 PM
Please Lena :cheer:

tennis-insomniac
Oct 1st, 2010, 03:38 PM
How come she deserves it before they have even played the match ?
Nothing in her results eg. this year or in her recent matches with Caro indicates some sort of transcendental justice to Lena over Caro.

For me I think I'd like to see her win this because she had a terrible injury in RG-Wim despite her good start of the year she had faced Justine in AO :eek: She is a hard-worker and great player..to see her get rewarded by winning Tokyo would be a great celebration for Lena's fan as a commence of her comeback (since we've already gone through depression slams after slams :p)

RG Freak
Oct 1st, 2010, 04:48 PM
So, saving tennis is in Elena's hands now :rolleyes: I don't know what should I expect. I just hope she wins.

Gdsimmons
Oct 1st, 2010, 04:50 PM
Elena better win this

Joelina
Oct 1st, 2010, 04:55 PM
hopefully Elena will win

justineheninfan
Oct 1st, 2010, 04:57 PM
Woznicki will probably win. Elena was lucky to beat Schiavone.

Delfii
Oct 1st, 2010, 04:57 PM
I don't care who wins, I just hope a better match than Ballbasher vs Pusher :)

Dodoboy.
Oct 1st, 2010, 05:02 PM
Carrroooo!

Big match!

Marionated
Oct 1st, 2010, 05:05 PM
Wozniacki in 3 :tears:

slamchamp
Oct 1st, 2010, 05:06 PM
Can someone beat wozniacki already?:o Everyone she plays played like shit:tape:

Otlichno
Oct 1st, 2010, 05:30 PM
If Dementieva plays well consistently she should win, if she doesn't Wozniacki should win. Pretty simple. :shrug:

Ryan
Oct 1st, 2010, 09:20 PM
I wish I could get up early enough to watch this. :lol: I think their games match up really well - groundstroke warriors, with not a ton of variety. Elena wins return battle, Caro wins serve. Elena takes FH, Caro BH. Net game to Elena probably. Movement is a tie. Consistency to Woz, firepower to ED.

I hope its a GOOD match, regardless of the winner. But I'd like Caro to win. ;)

goldenlox
Oct 1st, 2010, 09:27 PM
They had a real battle in New Haven. These are 2 of the biggest fighters on the tour.
Lena is 2-1 in finals this year. Caro is 4-1

stangtennis
Oct 1st, 2010, 09:31 PM
Caro can win her 5th title this year.
Nobody has won 5 WTA/Slam titles in a calendar year since Justine Henin in 2007 won no less than 10 titles.

From WTA Sr. Communications Manager (and WTA statistics geek) Kevin Fischer at Twitter:
http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/1121018845/2010USOpen_LastDaysmall_bigger.jpg Kfish_WTA (http://twitter.com/#%21/Kfish_WTA) Kevin Fischer
Final @WTATour (http://twitter.com/WTATour) Tokyo: @CaroWozniacki (http://twitter.com/CaroWozniacki) playing #WTA (http://twitter.com/#search/%23WTA) - leading 6th Final of 2010 (4-1 in Finals this year) #wta (http://twitter.com/#search/%23wta)
32 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/#%21/Kfish_WTA/status/26114834895)

http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/1121018845/2010USOpen_LastDaysmall_bigger.jpg Kfish_WTA (http://twitter.com/#%21/Kfish_WTA) Kevin Fischer
@CaroWozniacki (http://twitter.com/CaroWozniacki) is aiming for 5th title of 2010 @WTATour (http://twitter.com/WTATour) Tokyo; last time a #wta (http://twitter.com/#search/%23wta) player won 5 titles in a year was 2007 (Justine Henin, 10)
30 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/#%21/Kfish_WTA/status/26114949975)

Vikapower
Oct 1st, 2010, 09:33 PM
Can someone beat wozniacki already ? :o Everyone she plays played like shit:tape:

Unfortunately Elena isn't the best person to put such a high responsibility of saving the tour on. :sad: I'll root for Elena for the 2nd time of my life hoping she willn't deceive that time.

DownInAHole
Oct 1st, 2010, 09:43 PM
Unfortunately Elena isn't the best person to put such a high responsibility of saving the tour on. :sad: I'll root for Elena for the 2nd time of my life hoping she willn't deceive that time.

If I may ask, when was the first time you rooted for Elena and who was her opposition?

Alejandrawrrr
Oct 1st, 2010, 09:55 PM
Really want Lena to win this but I'll just stay calm and not invest too much hope into it.

Sammo
Oct 1st, 2010, 10:02 PM
Don't fuck me Elena :sobbing:

cn ireland
Oct 1st, 2010, 10:03 PM
Tough to call but I think Elena in 3!

samsam4087
Oct 2nd, 2010, 12:11 AM
Elena Dementieva

goldenlox
Oct 2nd, 2010, 01:24 AM
If Caro wins this, she only needs 2 wins in Beijing to be #1.
Since she has a bye, 2 wins gets her to the quarters.
Probably play Lena there again.

Kəv.
Oct 2nd, 2010, 01:26 AM
Caro should win

nicidle
Oct 2nd, 2010, 01:44 AM
I wish I could get up early enough to watch this. :lol: I think their games match up really well - groundstroke warriors, with not a ton of variety. Elena wins return battle, Caro wins serve. Elena takes FH, Caro BH. Net game to Elena probably. Movement is a tie. Consistency to Woz, firepower to ED.

I hope its a GOOD match, regardless of the winner. But I'd like Caro to win. ;)

Great assessment except maybe this one.:worship::worship::worship:
samsam worship.

nicidle
Oct 2nd, 2010, 01:45 AM
I'm wondering if Kman is still around?

DownInAHole
Oct 2nd, 2010, 04:02 AM
Poor Caroline. If she wins people will say that she sucks for losing at the US Open. If she loses, well, that means she sucks too.

Pops Maellard
Oct 2nd, 2010, 04:08 AM
Please Elena, win in 2.

Alejandrawrrr
Oct 2nd, 2010, 04:10 AM
Ugh CaroGOAT will win this and Beijing back to back.

EDIT: And maybe an MM in between?

Pops Maellard
Oct 2nd, 2010, 04:49 AM
Looks like Caro is having one of her helpless days?

Svetlana)))
Oct 2nd, 2010, 04:50 AM
Pathetic net skills and hit 0 winners so far. :spit: this is our next number 1 :help:

Jarl_02
Oct 2nd, 2010, 04:57 AM
Pathetic net skills and hit 0 winners so far. :spit: this is our next number 1 :help:

Where are you seeing it?

Svetlana)))
Oct 2nd, 2010, 05:03 AM
http://www.atdhe.fm/atdhe-live-stream-video/event.php?ch=222

KBlade
Oct 2nd, 2010, 05:35 AM
http://www.atdhe.fm/atdhe-live-stream-video/event.php?ch=222

For this, you are my God :lol: Do you know if they cover any other WTA events or Grand Slams for free?

Pops Maellard
Oct 2nd, 2010, 05:36 AM
For this, you are my God :lol: Do you know if they cover any other WTA events or Grand Slams for free?

Definitely bookmark the site. They cover heaps and heaps of events (but not quite all of them I don't think.

Also look at Fromsport.com

goldenlox
Oct 2nd, 2010, 06:00 AM
Thats a great video site. Almost no buffering on my computer