PDA

View Full Version : True #1 of 2005: Davenport or Clijsters?

The Daviator
Sep 30th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Another one :devil:

Lindsay Davenport:

Winner - Dubai, Amelia Island, New Haven, Bali, Filderstadt, Zurich
Runner-up - Australian Open, Tokyo PPO, Indian Wells, Wimbledon

Kim Clijsters:

Winner - Indian Wells, Miami, Eastbourne, Stanford, Los Angeles, Toronto, US Open, Luxembourg, Hasselt
Runner-up - N/A

dybbuk
Sep 30th, 2010, 08:45 PM
I miss 2005. I remember being so upset because Lindsay didn't win a Slam. Now I look back on it and realise it was one of the best years for my favourites. :sobbing:

Noctis
Sep 30th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Kim.
Lindsay wasnt as dominating as people thinks.
Especially wasting chances to win both of the slams

DefyingGravity
Sep 30th, 2010, 08:46 PM
I do think that Lindsay was more consistent. She made the QF of RG, taking out Clijsters....and then made the finals of Wimbledon, taking out Kim again!

Yeah, Kim won more titles, but I think Lindsay's consistency throughout the entire year is something no other woman had.

selesisqueen
Sep 30th, 2010, 08:46 PM
Kim just since Lindsay failed to win a major and both did well in other tournaments.

Direwolf
Sep 30th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Lindsay > Kim...

Kim played many chokaloos in her USO run.

But Miami.Indian Wells doubles is an amazing feat!..

Kim> Lindsay.

MH0861
Sep 30th, 2010, 08:57 PM
Lindsay, 2-1 H2H with Kim in the year, her year would've been even better if she didn't get injured in the Wimbledon final.

terjw
Sep 30th, 2010, 09:17 PM
Kim without a doubt. She wasn't able to start the year till Antwerp missing topportunity of playing in the AO. Got injured again forr the clay season. But still racked up more wins than anyone else with less time fit to do it than other players including bck to back IW and Mami and won the USO.

Direwolf
Sep 30th, 2010, 09:19 PM
Lindsay, 2-1 H2H with Kim in the year, her year would've been even better if she didn't get injured in the Wimbledon final.

She got injured very late in the 3rd set!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

She got so tired from running.

But
:worship::worship::worship:

for trying till the bitter end.

RenaSlam.
Sep 30th, 2010, 09:21 PM
Serena

Mynarco
Sep 30th, 2010, 09:22 PM
Kim.

Andrewraven
Sep 30th, 2010, 09:31 PM
Kim had an amazing year ^ ^

MH0861
Sep 30th, 2010, 09:33 PM

But

I didn't really mean the Wimbledon final, I more-so meant that she was out almost the entire US summer which is generally her favorite time of year, and went into the USO not very match tough.

LindsayRulz
Sep 30th, 2010, 09:38 PM

But

The injury didn't have an impact during that final IMO. I think what MH meant is that following the Wimbledon final, the back injury prevented Lindsay from having an even better year by forcing her not to play during the summer and coming at the USO with a poor preparation. ;)

AcesHigh
Sep 30th, 2010, 09:42 PM
Davenport. #1 is about overall consistency over the entire year.

Uranus
Sep 30th, 2010, 10:40 PM
Kim. 9 titles and her 1st slam. Patches of greatness (IW/Miami, US hardcourts).
She wasn't playing that well on clay, didn't actually try to do too well; and on grass Lindsay will always be the superior player.

hurricanejeanne
Sep 30th, 2010, 10:52 PM
I miss 2005. I remember being so upset because Lindsay didn't win a Slam. Now I look back on it and realise it was one of the best years for my favourites. :sobbing:

I know! As much as it sucked that she didn't win a slam, it was a hell of a ride and I look back at it with fond memories.

But I gotta go with Lindsay on this 2 slam finals, extremely consistent, and she was 2-1 against Kim on the year, both wins coming in slams (still amaze at that Roland Garros run :sobbing:). She probably would have had the best shot at the US Open that year too if she hadn't hurt her back at Wimbledon and had to sit out the majority of the summer hard court season.