Julian.
Sep 30th, 2010, 05:27 PM
:spit: What a mess. Mandatory my ass.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Sep 30th, 2010, 06:21 PM
This bitch

Wiggly
Sep 30th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Caroline, Vera, Venus and Kim all had a shot at the Year-End #1 but it pretty much comes down to Wozniacki and Zvonareva now, right?

Juju Nostalgique
Sep 30th, 2010, 06:25 PM
:lol:

PLP
Sep 30th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Had a feeling. :sad:

Hope she can play in the YEC.

Inger67
Sep 30th, 2010, 06:36 PM
I still don't know if I believe it without a source. Although I wouldn't doubt it, knowing Venus.

Shawn
Sep 30th, 2010, 06:36 PM
This bitch

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol:

jjcrew#1
Sep 30th, 2010, 06:38 PM
she would... this gets so old..

adachi
Sep 30th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Sigh
At least I haven't bought any ticket. I can save the money now.

Leo_DFP
Sep 30th, 2010, 07:01 PM
Are people really surprised at all? When she pulled out of Tokyo, I figured she would do the same with Beijing. Why fly halfway around the world for one tournament?

Kim, Venus, Serena all waiting to play the YEC and then it's rest/prepare for AO '11.

danieln1
Sep 30th, 2010, 07:08 PM
in less than a week, both sisters and Kim withdrew from the "mandatory" event...

Hopefully this will tell WTA that this stupid Asian swing do not please some top players and fans.... they should get the European indoor swing back ASAP...

Paneru
Sep 30th, 2010, 07:12 PM
No source and yet.... :lol:

Venus only withdrew from two events she was scheduled to play on
the season because of injury and still this..... :lol:

Yeah, whatever. :cool:

shoryuken
Sep 30th, 2010, 07:35 PM
It's probably true. So it's either YEC or just end her year at this point.

CrossCourt~Rally
Sep 30th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Venus :hug: Hopefully she'll be ok for YEC:bounce:

simonsaystennis
Sep 30th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Ugh :(

ce
Sep 30th, 2010, 07:59 PM
dear God

Jorn
Sep 30th, 2010, 08:00 PM
If they don't wanna goto China for one tournament, will they goto Doha?

I saw on Venus website she in her schedule have Tokyo, China Open, YEC and Bali :eek:

shoryuken
Sep 30th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Looking at Oracene's twitter, seems like it is confirmed

@Oracene u come to beijing with v?
@stephen1116 We had to pull out

http://twitter.com/#!/Oracene

jefrilibra
Sep 30th, 2010, 08:16 PM
This really sucks but not unexpected.:sad:

C. W. Fields
Sep 30th, 2010, 08:16 PM
Venus' YEC could be in danger if for instance Elena wins Tokyo and JJ wins Beijing (beating Elena in the final and Fran/Sam reaching SF).

sweetpeas
Sep 30th, 2010, 08:17 PM
There alot of players out,so what!Take care Venus and Serena,come back strong and well.

AjdeNate!
Sep 30th, 2010, 08:35 PM
I'm stunned.

Olórin
Sep 30th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Is anyone going to be at this event? Like 3 players and 2 fans?

maddogz48
Sep 30th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Venus can now join Serena in Moscow.
They should at least play one tournament together to sharpen up their doubles play before heading to Doha for singles and doubles.

ce
Sep 30th, 2010, 08:47 PM
Venus can now join Serena in Moscow.
They should at least play one tournament together to sharpen up their doubles play before heading to Doha for singles and doubles.

i dont think they will play anymore this season :sad:

Direwolf
Sep 30th, 2010, 08:58 PM

Most Probably. Since they've entered 2 events in Doha.
:D

Venus' YEC could be in danger if for instance Elena wins Tokyo and JJ wins Beijing (beating Elena in the final and Fran/Sam reaching SF).

Come on Caro!

silyaunWILLIAMS
Sep 30th, 2010, 09:38 PM
What?

BluSthil
Sep 30th, 2010, 10:05 PM
If there's one tournament overseas that the players want to go to it's DOHA ! It's like playing tennis at Disney World, and it pays extremely well. The WTA is a joke ! There is no way to enforce a mandatory event ! There has to be some way to deduct points from a player who doesn't play a "mandatory" event, or play a certain amount of tournaments...

edificio
Sep 30th, 2010, 10:14 PM
If she were playing, I'd expect her to be there already, so...

JJ Expres
Sep 30th, 2010, 10:30 PM
and JJ wins Beijing (.

nice joke:worship::worship::worship:
anyway asian tournaments:help:

Gdsimmons
Sep 30th, 2010, 10:32 PM
Is anyone going to be at this event? Like 3 players and 2 fans?

:lol::lol:

sakya23
Sep 30th, 2010, 11:16 PM
Well mandatory events seem to work for the ATP, but we have divas on the WTA who don't support the tour at all. So whatever. #1 Should go to a player who supports the tour, not just 5 or 6 tournaments.

Andrewraven
Sep 30th, 2010, 11:40 PM
I wanted to see venus play :(, she knows what's best for herself at the end of the day

Onjanae.
Sep 30th, 2010, 11:40 PM
Venus only withdrew from two events she was scheduled to play on
the season because of injury and still this..... :lol:

Yeah, whatever. :cool:

Exactly. I don't see why people can't hold thei dramatic performances for more general topics, and instead have to vent here as if Venus has been skipping events willie nillie!
Venus isn't one of the part time players!

Marcell
Oct 1st, 2010, 12:00 AM
I don't know if this is true but someone posted this on another board a few days ago.

Freddie Smith

Posted September 20, 2010 at 4:03 pm
I understand that Venus will have knee surgery and will not play the rest of this year.

Harvs
Oct 1st, 2010, 12:05 AM
eugh. this is why people say womens tennis is shit.
because the sports biggest names (serena, venus, kim, justine) dont play enough due to injuries
:(

jimmy_the_greek
Oct 1st, 2010, 12:06 AM
shame she is out! hope she makes a speed recovery and returns soon!

Matt01
Oct 1st, 2010, 12:09 AM
Venus :sad:

Wiggly
Oct 1st, 2010, 12:12 AM

I saw on Venus website she in her schedule have Tokyo, China Open, YEC and Bali :eek:

You can't play Bali if you're playing Doha.

ZODIAC
Oct 1st, 2010, 12:13 AM
Exactly. I don't see why people can't hold thei dramatic performances for more general topics, and instead have to vent here as if Venus has been skipping events willie nillie!
Venus isn't one of the part time players!:wavey:SpaceCowboy as always you make a lot of sense...:lol:;)

iGOAT
Oct 1st, 2010, 12:31 AM
OMG knee surgery :scared: this could be serious for her career in general :help:.

lizchris
Oct 1st, 2010, 01:27 AM
I don't know if this is true but someone posted this on another board a few days ago.

Freddie Smith

I understand that Venus will have knee surgery and will not play the rest of this year.

I just Googled this statement and nothing cmae up about Venus not playing anynore this season or having knee sugery. In fact, there isn't aything stating that she withdrew from Beijing, though I tend to believe it is true.

Lord Choc Ice
Oct 1st, 2010, 01:47 AM
Knee surgery? Oh God. :speakles::scared:

Yilongru
Oct 1st, 2010, 02:40 AM
Compared to IW,MIAMI,and even Madrid,Beijing has to do much more.Hardly can I differentiate it from a P5 just like Tokyo.:sad:

Inger67
Oct 1st, 2010, 03:33 AM
I believe the part about pulling out of Beijing but no way do I believe the part about having knee surgery and being done for the year...

*JR*
Oct 1st, 2010, 03:45 AM
Unless my "friend" the Peppermint Puzzle (who's often showed up @ SW19 for a "one and done" largely to avoid the penalty of skipping a Slam, though she hates grass) is taking a mandatory 0 here, Venus is out. PP was next in for the MD for the last 48 hours I think, and isn't in the qualies.

http://www.ikirst.com/peanuts/peppermintpatty.jpg

Inger67
Oct 1st, 2010, 03:50 AM
Unless my "friend" the Peppermint Puzzle (who's often showed up @ SW19 for a "one and done" largely to avoid the penalty of skipping a Slam, though she hates grass) is taking a mandatory 0 here, Venus is out. PP was next in for the MD for the last 48 hours I think, and isn't in the qualies.

PP?

sammy01
Oct 1st, 2010, 03:58 AM
PP?

duh

http://sharetv.org/images/peppa_pig-show.jpg

lol

rjd1111
Oct 1st, 2010, 03:59 AM

Freddie Smith

Her name is still on the entry list.

Serena and Clisjters are out

darrinbaker00
Oct 1st, 2010, 04:21 AM
PP?

Peppermint Patty Schnyder.

Serenus Christ
Oct 1st, 2010, 05:30 AM
ofcourse she will play Doha if she makes it.
She loves the Middle-east

it-girl
Oct 1st, 2010, 06:23 AM
I really wish she would take the rest of the season off to give her knee time to heal so that she can have a good 2011. Her knee has been too much of a factor this year. Don't get me wrong I love to see her play but I hate seeing her when she is struggling with her knee because she always ends up playing really ugly tennis.

Beat
Oct 1st, 2010, 07:08 AM
i can totally understand both kim and venus. who wants to travel all the way to beijing for one measly tournament? it was obvious from the beginning that the whole concept was going to fail.

so if venus plays the YEC, her last tournaments will have been: French open - wimbledon - US open - YEC ... :o

Serenus Christ
Oct 1st, 2010, 08:21 AM
i can totally understand both kim and venus. who wants to travel all the way to beijing for one measly tournament? it was obvious from the beginning that the whole concept was going to fail.

so if venus plays the YEC, her last tournaments will have been: French open - wimbledon - US open - YEC ... :o

And if she skips YEC it will be

French Open > Wimbledon > Us Open > Australian Open

(tour events)

HAHA

vesanto
Oct 1st, 2010, 08:45 AM
Venus's schedule always bothers me. Since the beginning of her career, her strongest part of the year was the 2nd semester from Wimbledon, passing through summer hardcourts, US Open and some events in the fall. However in the last 5 years or so she always invest a lot on the first half of the season where she actually plays a dense schedule (like this year, where she led the race for a while) and then completely disappears in what's supposed to be her best part of the season! I know people will justify with injuries but still if she didn't play so much in the early events some of them could be avoided. She doesn't play the Summer Series for years, it is ridiculous, especially since she is american!!

Direwolf
Oct 1st, 2010, 09:08 AM

(tour events)

HAHA

That is Hilarous!

:worship::worship::worship:

cellophane
Oct 1st, 2010, 05:44 PM

Well she was injured though after Wimbledon... I'm sure she would have played something in between...

shoryuken
Oct 1st, 2010, 05:46 PM
If she indeed had knee surgery, she is most likely done for the year. Hopefully we'll see her in Australia.

dynamoRockstarr
Oct 1st, 2010, 06:28 PM
TTC said she's out with a knee injury...

sammy01
Oct 1st, 2010, 06:43 PM
if she does have knee surgery it may be for the best. it has obviously prevented her from playing a full schedule this year and she cant just dip in and out of tennis anymore she needs matches.

Dave.
Oct 1st, 2010, 07:05 PM

(tour events)

HAHA

Highlights that tennis (at least on the WTA but also increasingly on the ATP) is more than ever now about the first half of the year. After Wimbledon it gets very scarce. The Cincy/Canada/USO period is pretty much it for the second half. Got to appreciate all those early season tournaments alot more now.

Rome
Oct 1st, 2010, 08:56 PM

Highlights that tennis (at least on the WTA but also increasingly on the ATP) is more than ever now about the first half of the year. After Wimbledon it gets very scarce. The Cincy/Canada/USO period is pretty much it for the second half. Got to appreciate all those early season tournaments alot more now.

Because players make more money from endorsement. I rember there was a time when Fed was not getting big checks from nike and he played like a god same with Serena. Now players that are in the top 10 or have huge Endorsements can afford to sit out alot of the year because they don't need the tour for money. And since Slams pay the most and you will be rember the most for how many slam you win is the reason we have this shit state in tennis atm.

n1_and_uh_noone
Oct 1st, 2010, 09:15 PM
I sympathize with Venus but it is incredible how much the top players are getting away with in terms of skipping events and just arriving at the Slams : Serena, Venus (and she was having one of her best seasons in a while up until RG!!), Kim, even Justine.

It would really be hilarious if Venus managed the Serena Slam (entry only :lol:).

dynamoRockstarr
Oct 1st, 2010, 10:47 PM
Venus Slam :hearts: