PDA

View Full Version : Who has got their tickets for a Grand Slam next year yet?

Maria rocks
Sep 30th, 2010, 11:34 AM
I ordered mine today ladies final at Wimbledon. Cost a fortune but im sooooooooooooo excited already. Now just hoping Maria makes the final as that would make it even more special.
Just wondered if anyone else has their tickets for a grand slam yet?

LUVMIRZA
Sep 30th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Enjoyy:-))I am planning to goto Wimbledon next year. How much does it cost for the finals?

Jajaloo
Sep 30th, 2010, 12:19 PM
You have Wimbledon finals tickets already :eek: AO tickets havent gone on sale yet, but I'm planning to go to both semi finals.

I hope you enjoy Henin v Kvitova 'maria rocks' :p

nevetssllim
Sep 30th, 2010, 12:24 PM
I'll be going to Roehampton for Wimbledon qualifying and I'll be queueing for ground passes for the first week.

How can you order exact tickets though? :scratch: I thought you had to apply through the ballot and you're randomly allocated a day and a showcourt?

Maria rocks
Sep 30th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Enjoyy:-))I am planning to goto Wimbledon next year. How much does it cost for the finals?

£1063,38 including VAT. Its Expensive but once in a life time thing. I always go and queue which i will do again on the first day. But ive always wanted to attend the final and at last ive got the funds to do it. SOOO EXCITED.

Maria rocks
Sep 30th, 2010, 01:52 PM
I'll be going to Roehampton for Wimbledon qualifying and I'll be queueing for ground passes for the first week.

How can you order exact tickets though? :scratch: I thought you had to apply through the ballot and you're randomly allocated a day and a showcourt?

You can do it thro the ballot but their is a 90% chance you won't be successful and i never have been so searched on the internet found various sites and booked with this site:

http://www.wimbledon-tickets-online.com/?gclid=CMu9u46lr6QCFd392Aod51lg1Q

Can't enjoy your money when your dead i plan to do things i really want to when i can.

Maria rocks
Sep 30th, 2010, 01:57 PM
You have Wimbledon finals tickets already :eek: AO tickets havent gone on sale yet, but I'm planning to go to both semi finals.

I hope you enjoy Henin v Kvitova 'maria rocks' :p

Australian tickets for you

http://www.ticketcity.com/tennis-tickets/australian-open-tennis-tickets.html

SymphonyX
Sep 30th, 2010, 02:01 PM
£1063,38 including VAT. Its Expensive but once in a life time thing. I always go and queue which i will do again on the first day. But ive always wanted to attend the final and at last ive got the funds to do it. SOOO EXCITED.

:eek::eek::eek:

My 50" plasma TV doesn't even cost that much! And I bought that TV just to watch my tennis matches and other sports (cause sports on LCD and LED TVs suck big time).

I'd only pay that much if I could get to hold the hands of even just one of the finalists though.

Just wondering... what kind of seats did that money get you? I mean... buying 9 months ahead and at that price. Must be good seats, right?

Maria rocks
Sep 30th, 2010, 02:03 PM
:eek::eek::eek:

My 50" plasma TV doesn't even cost that much! And I bought that TV just to watch my tennis matches and other sports (cause sports on LCD and LED TVs suck big time).

I'd only pay that much if I could get to hold the hands of even just one of the finalists though.

Just wondering... what kind of seats did that money get you? I mean... buying 9 months ahead and at that price. Must be good seats, right?

Yeah A Debenture seat with a lounge pass. Aparantly if you wait the price sky rockets

Mynarco
Sep 30th, 2010, 02:05 PM
1000 quid...:eek: :o

Maria rocks
Sep 30th, 2010, 02:06 PM
To go to the men's is over £2,000 and thats not including VAT

jimmy_the_greek
Sep 30th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Going to purchase my Australian Open tickets very soon...can't wait!!

Lachy
Sep 30th, 2010, 02:11 PM
I have to wait until the 11th of Oct to get Aus Open tickets.

SymphonyX
Sep 30th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Yeah A Debenture seat with a lounge pass. Aparantly if you wait the price sky rockets

No shit. LOL. Which is why I was wondering why your tickets are so expensive despite the fact that they are preselling 9 months in advance.

Oh well. I'm just gonna stick to my TV as adding a plane ticket to that ticket will burn through my wallet faster than a blowtorch.

Mary Cherry.
Sep 30th, 2010, 02:14 PM
My LTA membership automatically put me into the Wimbledon ballot (only ever been successful 1 in 4 tries though) so fingers crossed there. Either way I'm hoping for RG tickets as well - they're easy enough to order online.

ED fan forever
Sep 30th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Wow a finals ticket at Wimbledon is really dear...
I think I'll just queue up next year like before, really good atmosphere camping out overnight for tickets and you're usually guarnateed at least number 1 court.
Any idea what its like to get french open tickets? Is it a ballot system or pre-order or what?

Gallofa
Sep 30th, 2010, 04:09 PM

Wow. Broke the piggy bank, didn't you?

The roof kinda spoils the resale queue, but I got to see the last 1:30 hours of the Nadal vs. Federer classic for ground entry + £5 in 2008.

Gallofa
Sep 30th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Wow a finals ticket at Wimbledon is really dear...
I think I'll just queue up next year like before, really good atmosphere camping out overnight for tickets and you're usually guarnateed at least number 1 court.
Any idea what its like to get french open tickets? Is it a ballot system or pre-order or what?

The FO sells tickets online. Just go to their site and you will see how to order them. Normally for non-french people they go on sale around February-March.

keithb1961
Sep 30th, 2010, 04:27 PM
I have mine for Indian Wells, does that count? :)

xr6turbo
Sep 30th, 2010, 05:35 PM
I've already got my tickets for the first week of the AO in Rod Laver Arena :D Row C so nice and close! Can't wait!! :woohoo:

Maria rocks
Oct 1st, 2010, 07:33 AM
I've already got my tickets for the first week of the AO in Rod Laver Arena :D Row C so nice and close! Can't wait!! :woohoo:

Excellent. Hope you have lots of fun:)

Reptilia
Oct 1st, 2010, 07:37 AM
:eek: So expensive for a match that is potentially over in less than an hour:unsure:

Maria rocks
Oct 1st, 2010, 01:07 PM
:eek: So expensive for a match that is potentially over in less than an hour:unsure:

Yeah but once in a lifetime oppurtunity. Could be a Classic. Who knows.

Davodus
Oct 1st, 2010, 01:19 PM
I got my AO tickets for 1st-4th rounds few weeks back, can't wait to go..first time I'll be going for the full first week.

ce
Oct 1st, 2010, 02:18 PM

i dont think Serena trashing anyone except Sharapova at AO 2007 is a classic :lol:
i hope they it will be though :)

Dave.
Oct 1st, 2010, 04:42 PM
Wow. Broke the piggy bank, didn't you?

The roof kinda spoils the resale queue, but I got to see the last 1:30 hours of the Nadal vs. Federer classic for ground entry + £5 in 2008.

Why do you say that?

What happens if the match is a walkover or retirement (unlikely), do you get any of your money back?

I was lucky enough to have the debenture experience for both singles finals in 2007. Can't say it's my sort of thing but hope you enjoy it.

In response to the question, I get my Wimbledon tickets on the day. :cool: I'd love to go to RG next year though if I can manage it.

Jajaloo
Oct 11th, 2010, 12:12 AM
Just got RLA 4R night tickets and RLA women's Semi Final tickets to the 2011 Australian Open :cheer:

renstar
Oct 11th, 2010, 04:51 AM
Yes just got today good tickets to mens and womens quarters and womens semi finals for AO 2011!!!

Not risking paying $350 for womens final if they the quality of past few years, am happy to see some good quarters and semis! plus the finals they tend to give all the good front seats to press and dignitaries and corporates:fiery:

VeeJJ
Oct 11th, 2010, 05:14 AM

how much in USD?

VeeJJ
Oct 11th, 2010, 05:17 AM
I hate not living close to any of the slams or even tournies :'(

Vartan
Oct 11th, 2010, 05:23 AM
how much in USD?

1700 :)

Keadz
Oct 11th, 2010, 05:25 AM
God, if that ends up being a shitty match like this year, I feel very sorry for you. Lets hope next year goes better than this year, you might get to see a Serena v Henin final, so who knows. Big gamble though.

I usually go to the Aussie Open every year, last year I got night session tickets after seeing the draw, so I could go watch Henin v Dementieva. I was very lucky to get them as I left it so late. I think I was in the second last row. Still, great match and great atmosphere. Best match I have seen live by far.

Other than that, I'll probably go watch some qualifying and the wildcard play off (both free) and then get a 5 day ground pass for $99 :) Not looking forward to when the Aussie Open gets a roof on MCArena and take it out of the ground pass deal, like they did the Hisence Arena.

Rafito.
Oct 11th, 2010, 05:25 AM
Got my AO tickets last week, first 4 days on Hisense Arena and depending on how far Maria, Vika or Ana go ill be buying more.

VeeJJ
Oct 11th, 2010, 06:12 AM
1700 :)

I just shit myself lol.... R u kidding lol It would cost more than that just to fly there and get a hotel.

Lachy
Oct 11th, 2010, 07:01 AM
Got AO tickets today but only had UPPER seats to choose from :sobbing:

AnomyBC
Oct 11th, 2010, 07:02 AM
I wouldn't buy those 2011 tickets just yet. At the rate we're going, there's no guarantee women's tennis will even exist in 2011 :sobbing:

Maria rocks
Oct 11th, 2010, 07:48 AM
It would be a dream if Maria was in the Wimbledon final and won it again. But it will be an experience whatever and next year i will prob do semi's instead but ive always wanted to go to the final so im going to:) Well dome to all of you who have got your AO tics bit far for me to travel but i shall watch on tv.

nevetssllim
Oct 11th, 2010, 07:54 AM

You also get to see the men's and women's doubles finals so with a bit of luck, you should see at least one high quality match. :p

Nikkiri
Oct 11th, 2010, 07:55 AM
I have Hisense Arena seats for the first 3 days :cheer:

gc-spurs
Oct 11th, 2010, 08:24 AM
Got Hisense first four days, day and night session on the first Friday for RLA, and Saturday night at RLA. Thank you Student Loan money for funding my tennis spectating :)

Lachy
Oct 11th, 2010, 08:55 AM
Got Hisense first four days, day and night session on the first Friday for RLA, and Saturday night at RLA. Thank you Student Loan money for funding my tennis spectating :)

Did you get seats in the Upper level too? :lol:

Jajaloo
Oct 11th, 2010, 09:11 AM
Got AO tickets today but only had UPPER seats to choose from :sobbing:

I bought them this morning and managed to get lower level seats for Sunday night 4R :eek: I was so surprised. But the womens semi final tickets are upper :help:

NeeemZ
Oct 11th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Hisense Arena first four days.

gc-spurs
Oct 11th, 2010, 10:20 AM
Did you get seats in the Upper level too? :lol:

Yes :( spent all of my lecture trying to get different seats but no cigar. Its ok though i'm only in the second row of the upper level, nothing to cry about. This year I bought some RLA tickets the evening before the day... I was in the very back row :help:

Lachy
Oct 11th, 2010, 10:21 AM
Yes :( spent all of my lecture trying to get different seats but no cigar. Its ok though i'm only in the second row of the upper level, nothing to cry about. This year I bought some RLA tickets the evening before the day... I was in the very back row :help:

Could you still see much? :lol:

gc-spurs
Oct 11th, 2010, 10:35 AM
Could you still see much? :lol:

More than I expected, you can watch the match pretty OK... but you can't see the players, how they're looking etc. Also one of the matches was Pushniacki so that was kinda downbuzz...

Lachy
Oct 11th, 2010, 10:36 AM
More than I expected, you can watch the match pretty OK... but you can't see the players, how they're looking etc. Also one of the matches was Pushniacki so that was kinda downbuzz...

:haha: Great I'm 5 rows from the back :rolleyes: :lol:

xr6turbo
Oct 11th, 2010, 11:19 AM
:haha: Great I'm 5 rows from the back :rolleyes: :lol:
I'm five rows from the front :woohoo:

Mightymirza
Oct 11th, 2010, 12:52 PM
Guys I wanna go to french open next year.. Is it possible to buy the ground pass online beforehand? Any tips?

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 11th, 2010, 01:06 PM
just buy a debenture for although there's a flipping long queue for that, (think its about 25k for 5 yrs) but the thing is you can get your money back really quickly on those tickets, by selling them so you end up making loads.

tennisforadults
Oct 12th, 2010, 03:14 AM

Wow not sure I can ever justify spending that much for attending Wimby final.

Mary Cherry.
Oct 12th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Guys I wanna go to french open next year.. Is it possible to buy the ground pass online beforehand? Any tips?

You can get them online, yes, although I'm not sure when tickets for 2011 go on sale. I think it was around February time last year? It's best to keep checking on the official site.

tennisvideos
Oct 13th, 2010, 08:48 AM
We have a group of 6 going to the Mens and Womens QF Day and Night sessions at Rod Laver Arena. Looking forward to it. We are low down in the 2nd tier directly behind the court. I could have picked 3rd row but they would be in the sun and if it's over 24 degrees it's just too hot to enjoy, so opted for the shade.

shoparound
Oct 13th, 2010, 08:53 AM
I got all access in Flushing...

Noctis
Oct 13th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Wimbledon Final next year

Maria rocks
Oct 15th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Wimbledon Final next year

What you too??? Excellent. Where did you get yours from? How much??