PDA

View Full Version : Tokyo QF: Wozniacki def. Radwanska 5-0 ret.

saul1333
Sep 30th, 2010, 09:04 AM
Thank you Aga :hearts:

Didnt look good from the getgo, Aga letting a lot of balls go..too much for 1 leg to overcome :sobbing:

Aga :hug:

Pops Maellard
Sep 30th, 2010, 09:05 AM
A shame Caro will probably capture #1 ranking through opponents retiring. :sad:

Oh well, she probably would've won anyway.

GoLdEnSeToV
Sep 30th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Aga :( her tears..:(

Caralenko
Sep 30th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Aga was visibly hurt from the start. :tears: Hope she gets better, it was pretty heartbreaking when she started crying.

Martian Jeza
Sep 30th, 2010, 09:07 AM
Caroline went to comfort her BFF : they then started laughing ! So sweet :inlove:

edificio
Sep 30th, 2010, 09:08 AM

Oh well, she probably would've won anyway.

Probably, but it wasn't nice to see Aga crying. Hope it is a short-term injury/illness.

Umberella
Sep 30th, 2010, 09:08 AM
Poor thing, hope she gets better! :sad:

Wozniacki was so gracious about it too, but it was the best option. It was pretty obvious this match was pointless for Aga. Recover soon!! And Woz, kick ass next round ;)

Bronx19
Sep 30th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Another weak woman that cant stand losing.

Caralenko
Sep 30th, 2010, 09:10 AM

:weirdo: Agnieszka has been on one leg the entire week.

DownInAHole
Sep 30th, 2010, 09:11 AM
Does anyone know what is wrong with Radwanska? I could be mistaken but I thought she had a slight foot problem in her first match of the tournament against Govortsova.

I'm happy to see Caroline win but not like this. Should be an entertaining semi against Azarenka.

Martian Jeza
Sep 30th, 2010, 09:11 AM

Pls get a ban, IDIOT !!! :rolleyes: :mad:

Jajaloo
Sep 30th, 2010, 09:12 AM

Can't stand losing?!!?! It happens often enough, I'm pretty sure she's used to it by now...

C. W. Fields
Sep 30th, 2010, 09:15 AM

I suppose you're one of those tough-as-nails Australians who only cry if you run out of beer?

Bronx19
Sep 30th, 2010, 09:18 AM
I suppose you're one of those tough-as-nails Australians who only cry if you run out of beer?

:lol:

I like it.

M&M
Sep 30th, 2010, 09:19 AM
aga has a broken toe as the german commentator said...

get better soon!

Juanes
Sep 30th, 2010, 09:20 AM
aga has a broken toe as the german commentator said...

get better soon!

poor girl...

btw. where are you man? havenīt seen you for years....

Renalicious
Sep 30th, 2010, 09:21 AM
Ew Radwanska was horrible. The foot were not moving at all and she was so oddly aggressive. :lol: Get better soon :hug:

TennisFan66
Sep 30th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Get well soon, Aga :hug:... GL for the SF against another good friend to Caro.

M&M
Sep 30th, 2010, 09:37 AM
poor girl...

btw. where are you man? havenīt seen you for years....

i am now working on a cruise liner on the canary islands and madeira :)

Juanes
Sep 30th, 2010, 09:46 AM
i am now working on a cruise liner on the canary islands and madeira :)

really? so you are enjoying nice weather... thatīs cool.... i will leave you message on Facebook this afternoon.... ;) .... i would like to move to Germany (prob. Berlin) since next year ...

Agata.
Sep 30th, 2010, 11:22 AM
It was so sad to see Agnieszka crying :awww:

Still, a good week for her, to be honest, with a broken toe I expected her to lose to Petkovic :hug:

Apparently her foot hurt so much today, that she was close to give W/O to Woz. They have to decide now whether she will defend a final in Beijing or not.

Juju Nostalgique
Sep 30th, 2010, 11:32 AM
So Pusherniaska beats Pusherwanska... Great... :weirdo:

fouc
Sep 30th, 2010, 11:36 AM
cutest handshake ever :awww:

DownInAHole
Sep 30th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Apparently her foot hurt so much today, that she was close to give W/O to Woz. They have to decide now whether she will defend a final in Beijing or not.

If she is in pain and can not play her best I hope that she skips Beijing. I don't see the logic in playing hurt, possibly losing to a player you should beat and, worst of all, risking further injury. There may be some fines and/or point penalties involved but I hope she thinks about her long term prospects rather than the short term. I HATE it when players play when they shouldn't.

Jajaloo
Sep 30th, 2010, 11:55 AM

:weirdo: what?

jimmy_the_greek
Sep 30th, 2010, 12:01 PM
shame for Aga, but great to see Caro making it into the next round!

GreenGrass
Sep 30th, 2010, 12:02 PM
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Agnieszka+Radwanska+Toray+Pan+Pacific+Open+IWLhBaq m5S0l.jpghttp://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Agnieszka+Radwanska+Toray+Pan+Pacific+Open+vo4sIPa HdnQl.jpg

Get better soon, Aga :hug:

BlackPanther.
Sep 30th, 2010, 12:06 PM

:cuckoo:

BlackPanther.
Sep 30th, 2010, 12:07 PM
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Agnieszka+Radwanska+Toray+Pan+Pacific+Open+IWLhBaq m5S0l.jpghttp://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Agnieszka+Radwanska+Toray+Pan+Pacific+Open+vo4sIPa HdnQl.jpg

:awww::awww:
Besties :inlove:

Nikkiri
Sep 30th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Aga :hug: :sad:

Beat
Sep 30th, 2010, 12:27 PM

why the plural?

olivero
Sep 30th, 2010, 12:28 PM
It was pretty expected that she'd retire sooner or later in this tournament.
I hope she skips Beijing now. There's no point to play there. Get better for 2011.

delicatecutter
Sep 30th, 2010, 12:31 PM
Poor Aga. It sucks she was injuried this tournament but still managed to beat Princess Olga and Petkovic. And then just gives Pushniacki another Bye to the SF. :bigcry:

Omega1
Sep 30th, 2010, 01:53 PM

Clearly a furnace like women. The view is unique :drool: The body close :p

VIKA?
Sep 30th, 2010, 02:06 PM
:)

slamchamp
Sep 30th, 2010, 03:38 PM
Thank you Aga :hearts:

:weirdo: all your thank yous are retarded but this one..:tape:

Gdsimmons
Sep 30th, 2010, 03:42 PM
I have never understood why injured players decide to play. I know if I was injured I would not risk getting injured some more. ESpecially right before YEC

Wiggly
Sep 30th, 2010, 03:44 PM
I have never understood why injured players decide to play. I know if I was injured I would not risk getting injured some more. ESpecially right before YEC

Radwanska will not make it to Doha anyways. ;)

goldenlox
Sep 30th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Aga was in the Beijing final last year. A lot of points to defend.
Expect Aga and Sveta to fall back in the rankings

saul1333
Sep 30th, 2010, 04:00 PM
:weirdo: all your thank yous are retarded but this one..:tape:

ok..

Break My Rapture
Sep 30th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Poor Aga. :awww:

ElusiveChanteuse
Sep 30th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Aga :awww: :hug:
Caro :cheer:

stangtennis
Sep 30th, 2010, 05:55 PM
ESpecially right before YEC
Aga is only #14 on in the Race to YEC rankings and #9 in doubles.
So it makes no sense to rest just to be ready for the YEC which she's not going to qualify for unless she goes far in her last 4 tournaments before YEC (Tokyo, Bejing, Linz and Moscow). If she just rests, there will be no YEC to rest for. She especially needed to go far in Tokyo and Bejing which are where there's most points to collect.

DownInAHole
Sep 30th, 2010, 06:33 PM
Aga is only #14 on in the Race to YEC rankings and #9 in doubles.
So it makes no sense to rest just to be ready for the YEC which she's not going to qualify for unless she goes far in her last 4 tournaments before YEC (Tokyo, Bejing, Linz and Moscow). If she just rests, there will be no YEC to rest for. She especially needed to go far in Tokyo and Bejing which are where there's most points to collect.

I see your point but if she's hurt she is probably not going to win enough matches/points to qualify for the YEC. Even if she does what kind of shape will she be in? Seems like there's a good chance that she will push herself too hard and possibly end up with an even worse injury. Much better to rest up and get healthy so that when she does play again she can give her best and have a better chance of winning. I know that some players think they need to rack up as many points as possible to improve their ranking but I think it is kind of pointless if they end up playing hurt. It's hard enough to win titles when players are healthy, I imagine it's much tougher to do so when they are injured.

rucolo
Sep 30th, 2010, 06:54 PM
Poor Aga. Sad to see her crying.:sad:
Speedy recovery, Aga!:hug:

Congrats for reaching SF, Caroline.:)

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Agnieszka+Radwanska+Toray+Pan+Pacific+Open+IWLhBaq m5S0l.jpg

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Agnieszka+Radwanska+Toray+Pan+Pacific+Open+vo4sIPa HdnQl.jpg

So sweet.:hearts::awww:

Lulu.
Sep 30th, 2010, 07:17 PM
Aga. :sad:
Get well soon.

goldenlox
Sep 30th, 2010, 07:17 PM
Wozniacki, the No.1 seed, built a 5-0 lead when No.6 seed Agnieszka Radwanska (http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/page/Player/Info/0,,12781~11530,00.html?) was forced to retire from their match with a left foot injury.
"I'm very disappointed to have to withdraw. I wanted to fight but I was in a lot of pain," Radwanska said. "Caroline and I are very good friends and she's playing so well. She's too good to play when you have an injury. I'm hoping to play Beijing next week because it's a big event and I really want to be there."
"Aga is a good friend of mine so I'm sorry she had to retire. I hope she'll be okay," Wozniacki said. "I was so focused on my own game I didn't pay too much attention to the other side of the net. I was playing really good tennis and I'm happy to reach the semifinals. It's not going to be easy against Azarenka."

Ferg
Sep 30th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Petkorazzi mustve played terrible...

SwissMiss19
Sep 30th, 2010, 07:39 PM
WAY TO GO CARO! :D ♥♥ Sad to see Agie retire though...I love her too!

CillyUltra
Sep 30th, 2010, 08:30 PM
Petkorazzi mustve played terrible...

How ever did she lose it so clearly? :mad:

No.1 spot is handed to Wozniacki on a silver platter :rolleyes:

Derek.
Oct 1st, 2010, 12:48 AM
Caro. :)

PolishLunatiq
Oct 1st, 2010, 06:09 PM
:(

DownInAHole
Oct 1st, 2010, 06:20 PM
:(

Are you angry that Lady Aga lost or that she played when maybe she should have given the Woz a walkover?

PolishLunatiq
Oct 1st, 2010, 06:31 PM
I am just sad :-(

DownInAHole
Oct 1st, 2010, 06:38 PM
I am just sad :-(

Aww, don't be sad. Here :hug:

I see that Aga is playing Beijing next week. I think that's a mistake. She really should give her foot a decent chance to heal and forget about the rest of the year.