PDA

View Full Version : Has Kimiko Date - Krumm already passed her peak and will never win a slam again?

<Sven>
Sep 29th, 2010, 11:23 AM
This loss against Schiavone is so disappointing! I don't see Kimiko winning a slam anymore :o

(Just kidding! This thread is in no way serious :cool:)

Beat
Sep 29th, 2010, 11:24 AM
(Just kidding! This thread is in no way serious :cool:)

really?? :eek:

tennis-insomniac
Sep 29th, 2010, 11:30 AM
you know that you will be bashed by lots of people especially from Lena's fans :tape:

Six Feet Under
Sep 29th, 2010, 11:33 AM
:lol:

She can do it :cheer:

Keegan
Sep 29th, 2010, 11:34 AM
I still have faith in her. She'll win all 4 GS titles next year.

Reptilia
Sep 29th, 2010, 11:35 AM
hard to say.

<Sven>
Sep 29th, 2010, 11:43 AM
you know that you will be bashed by lots of people especially from Lena's fans :tape:

I hope not... This thread is not meant to insult Dementieva (I actually like her) or her fans.
It's just a small ;) to certain posters on here.

scandic78
Sep 29th, 2010, 11:50 AM
Funny thing is, this question could have been asked 14 years ago lol :lol:

Le Chat
Sep 29th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Her peak is too weak for this generation

She could have won a slam back in 90's with this peak lol

tievae
Sep 29th, 2010, 11:51 AM
I still have faith in her. She'll win all 4 GS titles next year.
Grand Slam Kimiko-GOAT :worship:

Gallofa
Sep 29th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Don't count her out, is what I'd say :lol:!

Gallofa
Sep 29th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Her peak is too weak for this generation

She could have won a slam back in 90's with this peak lol

Sorry to burst your bubble, but she's not at her peak. If you had seen her at Wimbledon in the 90s, you'd know this.

She is a 40 years old athlete schooling the little children that play the tour and showing them what grit and being a professional is all about (I do hope that she's stealing their candy too :lol:).

Le Chat
Sep 29th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble, but she's not at her peak. If you had seen her at Wimbledon in the 90s, you'd know this.

She is a 40 years old athlete schooling the little children that play the tour and showing them what grit and being a professional is all about (I do hope that she's stealing their candy too :lol:).

I saw her in Wimbledon and she wasnt near the level she has dispaly ( batling fearcely 3 tights sets each) these days

With this level she would have had at least 4 GS back in 90's :lol:

samsam4087
Sep 29th, 2010, 12:55 PM
I think Kimiko still has a chance to win a slam.

Kworb
Sep 29th, 2010, 12:59 PM
For sure Kimiko has a chance. :worship:

Sammo
Sep 29th, 2010, 01:00 PM
:weirdo:

Gallofa
Sep 29th, 2010, 01:21 PM
I saw her in Wimbledon and she wasnt near the level she has dispaly ( batling fearcely 3 tights sets each) these days

With this level she would have had at least 4 GS back in 90's :lol:

Oooooook. Carry on :lol:

AdeyC
Sep 29th, 2010, 01:23 PM

She might well have beaten Graf in the Wimbly semis if it wasn't for the fact that the match started at something like 7.30 in the afternoon and was postponed at one set all due to bad light.

Anabelcroft
Sep 29th, 2010, 01:27 PM
"win a slam AGAIN"? Lol

Steffica Greles
Sep 29th, 2010, 02:21 PM
A few years ago, I would have said most certainly.

However, the possibilities for middle aged women who were retired for 12 years are boundless in today's WTA tour, where standards are so much lower. I think she's a real contender over the next decade, perhaps.

Let us not forget something. With the old ranking system where bonus points were awarded (which was a better reflection of ability and form, imo), Kimiko would be on the verge of the top 20 now. I'm not kidding.

Just think about that one for a second.

Shvedbarilescu
Sep 29th, 2010, 02:39 PM

However, the possibilities for middle aged women who were retired for 12 years are boundless in today's WTA tour, where standards are so much lower. I think she's a real contender over the next decade, perhaps.

Let us not forget something. With the old ranking system where bonus points were awarded (which was a better reflection of ability and form, imo), Kimiko would be on the verge of the top 20 now. I'm not kidding.

If there are so very "boundless" as you put it, how come only one woman has take advantage of this extraordinary opportunity? Could it perhaps be because she is the only player with the skill and fitness at that age to actually be capable of benefiting for this "boundless" opportunity?

But wait, if that was the case then it would hardly be "boundless"
would it?

Get back to me when there are others following in Kimiko's path.

Until then accept that Kimiko is a one off and the reason no one else from her generation is playing is because they all know they could not hack it with today's players at their age.

Gallofa
Sep 29th, 2010, 03:05 PM

^^Steffica gets it.

I loved your post. Seriously :D!

Serenus Christ
Sep 29th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Francesca Schiavone won Roland Garros.
Like HELLO PEOPLE
anyone in top 100 can win a Grand Slam.

Juju Nostalgique
Sep 29th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Well at least she can teach some tennis lessons to the OVAs of the world! :lol: :rolls: :lol:

flareon
Sep 29th, 2010, 03:37 PM
The thread title made me laugh !!! I think Kimiko is awesome ! win a slam prehaps not but she plays some nice tennis and I just want her to keep going :)

tennisfan5
Sep 29th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Seriously, though, it would be nice to see Kimiko do better at the slams next year (and get better draws). Went 1-5 this year. but she's awesome.

LUVMIRZA
Sep 29th, 2010, 04:58 PM
Kimiko will win AO2011:cheer::armed:

Juju Nostalgique
Sep 29th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Went 1-5 this year.

OMG there were 5 GS this year and I didn't notice it! :speakles: :speakles: :speakles:

SV_Fan
Sep 29th, 2010, 05:28 PM
:bigcry:

Where is seles when you need her???

eDonkey
Sep 29th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Like HELLO PEOPLE

I always knew that but why Pironkova never won a Grand Slam, she's top 100 almost all the time! http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/midi/traurig/a065.gif

AnotherJoe
Oct 1st, 2010, 11:02 AM
From Kimiko's Blog
http://ameblo.jp/kimiko-date

(translation and mistakes mine)

September 30th, 2010 8:39PM
The end of the Toray Pan Pacific Open

After losing both singles and doubles yesterday, today I returned to my house.

I am completely exhausted.

Coming from Korea to Japan and finishing two tournaments, the exhaustion has come to a head. Only this is unavoidable.

After returning to the house I felt the exhaustion greater still. I didn't want to move, I just collapsed onto the sofa. Only just now (8:30pm ish?) am I getting up to get something to eat.

Today I was supposed to leave for China, but decided to delay it to the 1st. I decided to spend the time on recovery.

Tomorrow I get up early, so I want to hurry up and get some of my luggage together and then go to sleep.

At the earliest, my next tournament will start in Beijing on Saturday.

This is why she will not advance much higher than her current rank. She has the ability to beat anybody at any time, but not the stamina to beat four or five people a tournament, for several tournaments in a row.

And at her age...how much longer is she really going to want to live like this?

Shvedbarilescu
Oct 1st, 2010, 11:14 AM
From Kimiko's Blog
http://ameblo.jp/kimiko-date

(translation and mistakes mine)

This is why she will not advance much higher than her current rank. She has the ability to beat anybody at any time, but not the stamina to beat four or five people a tournament, for several tournaments in a row.

And at her age...how much longer is she really going to want to live like this?

Agree. A forty year old body is physically not built to be able to play professional tennis. That Kimiko is able, at that age, to produce the results she does is staggering but one should never forget she is playing at an age where no other player has come close to matching for many years. And yes, without question, we should always be aware that Kimiko won't be entertaining us on the tennis courts indefinately.

Personally I would be thrilled if Kimiko can compete for another couple of years but even that might be asking too much of her.

KBlade
Oct 1st, 2010, 11:14 AM
I think Krumm will win the Golden Slam in 2011 :lol:

Vyacheslavovna
Oct 26th, 2010, 12:21 AM
Has Kimiko Date - Krumm already passed her peak and will never win a slam again?

Laugh out loud for reals I did :worship:

Pops Maellard
Oct 26th, 2010, 12:27 AM
She has the AO on lock next year.

tennisbum79
Oct 26th, 2010, 12:28 AM
I did not know she had won her first GS already

SymphonyX
Oct 26th, 2010, 05:31 AM
Like HELLO PEOPLE

Tell that to Dementieva. She'll probably smash a racquet on her head if Kimiko wins a slam next year.