PDA

View Full Version : Tokyo PPO 3rd round : Caroline Wozniacki d. Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova 6-1, 6-2

Martian Jeza
Sep 29th, 2010, 10:22 AM
Good match of Caroline against a self-destructing Pavlyuchenkova. Well done.

Keadz
Sep 29th, 2010, 10:25 AM
These two are still yet to have one entertaining match. Caroline was striking the ball well enough, but wasn't really given the oppurtunity to do anything.

17 winners 10 unforced errors for Caro.
Less than 15(?) winners for 35+ errors for Anastasia.

Not looking forward to these 2 competing for big tournaments in the future if they continue producing stuff like this.

Congrats to Caro for qualifying for YEC.

Martian Jeza
Sep 29th, 2010, 10:26 AM
And she's the 1st qualified officially for the YEC at Doha !!!

Caralenko
Sep 29th, 2010, 10:27 AM
That was really abysmal. :o

TennisFan66
Sep 29th, 2010, 10:31 AM
WD Caro. :worship: ... Deeeeee lighted.

PMBH
Sep 29th, 2010, 10:33 AM
Great stuff from Caro. Impressive how much she has developed in recent years compared to her main adversary from the junior days. She's now 5-0 in H2H against Nastya.

DownInAHole
These two are still yet to have one entertaining match. Caroline was striking the ball well enough, but wasn't really given the oppurtunity to do anything with.

17 winners 10 unforced errors for Caro.
Less than 15(?) winners for 35+ errors for Anastasia.

Not looking forward to these 2 competing for big tournaments in the future if they continue producing stuff like this.

Congrats to Caro for qualifying for YEC.

I think that Pavlyuchenkova had 18 winners.

Near the end of the first set Caroline was up 5-1 40-0 on her serve when Pavlyuchenkova hit a perfect drop shot off of her second serve. You do not see that too often. Fortunately for Caroline her next serve was an ace to win the first set.

I guess a win is a win but Caroline did not finish this match strong. She was serving up 4-1 in the second when she was broken. She was able to break back the very next game to go up 5-2 but she struggled on her last service game to finish the match. Pavlyuchenkova had her chances to get back into the second set but she just did not play well today.

Yilongru
palv promissed," I will serve you heart and soul in my future career,Caro"

Blu€
Sep 29th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Caro:hearts: already missed the match :lol: Nicely done once again :worship::D

nevetssllim
Sep 29th, 2010, 10:34 AM

Indeed. :o

Lord Choc Ice
Sep 29th, 2010, 10:47 AM
Expected.

goldenlox
Sep 29th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Caro won 61 63, 62 61
Thats one reason she is good. Very focused

Adrian.
Sep 29th, 2010, 10:50 AM
Pavly :shrug::o

goldenlox
Sep 29th, 2010, 10:53 AM
Next is Aga, then Vika/Coco
This is the kiddie half of the draw

Jorn
Sep 29th, 2010, 10:58 AM
After Nastya beat Caro in AO Junior finals she just can't play now on the Senior level...when she meet Caro.

Well done and Congrats Caro! :)

tennis-insomniac
Sep 29th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Nastia :o

tennis-insomniac
Sep 29th, 2010, 11:24 AM
but good win caro the top player knows what shes doing :yeah:

claypova
Sep 29th, 2010, 11:27 AM
:weirdo: jeez Nastya :ras:

BuTtErFrEnA
Sep 29th, 2010, 11:38 AM
:cheer:

Mistress of Evil
Sep 29th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Welcome to Karolina's punchbag, Babyfat :hug: :yeah:

As to Babyfat, when she loses 10 kilos and gets some brain transplantation, she might take a set off Wozniacki.

ElusiveChanteuse
Sep 29th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Caro :cheer:
Pavly :hug:

Maria rocks
Sep 29th, 2010, 12:21 PM
I must admit Caroline is looking more and more impressive everytime i see her. Can see her winning a Grand Slam next year for sure.

Brena
Sep 29th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Pavlyu, you rock.

Ben.
Sep 29th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Congrats Caro on the win :yeah: & qualifying first for the YEC :D
At the end of the day she got the win which is all that matters.

sammy01
Sep 29th, 2010, 12:55 PM
this is exactly the type of tournament caro loves, the real top players aren't here and shes is mopping up generation suck. this is why people fear for the future of womens tennis as it could end up being caro and the 7 dwarfs when the big girls retire, but caro never being at the standard they were.

VIKA?
Sep 29th, 2010, 01:31 PM
What a beatdown:worship: sunshine is on fire:D

is1531
Sep 29th, 2010, 02:04 PM
Too much Push today.

Martian Jeza
Sep 29th, 2010, 02:05 PM
this is exactly the type of tournament caro loves, the real top players aren't here and shes is mopping up generation suck. this is why people fear for the future of womens tennis as it could end up being caro and the 7 dwarfs when the big girls retire, but caro never being at the standard they were.

It maybe is her fault all the "top" players are injured, I guess

sammy01
Sep 29th, 2010, 02:10 PM
It maybe is her fault all the "top" players are injured, I guess

venus and kim were never going to play here, serena and henin are injured = caro mops up the rest of generation suck and wins another title where shes beat nobody of note, just what tennis needs :worship:

delicatecutter
Sep 29th, 2010, 02:12 PM
venus and kim were never going to play here, serena and henin are injured = caro mops up the rest of generation suck and wins another title where shes beat nobody of note, just what tennis needs :worship:

Azarenka, Dementieva, and Zvonaryova are more than capable of beating her, Thank God! :hearts: Whether they will or not is a different story. :rolls:

Jean-Henri
Sep 29th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Makiri, Flavia and Pavly

Caro only collects fellow beauties in her punchbag !

rucolo
Sep 29th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Caroline first to qualify for YEC!:bounce:

Anastasia :hug:

Caro leads Head To Head now 5-0.;)
Never lost a set.

Jean-Henri
Sep 29th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Caroline first to qualify for YEC!:bounce:

Anastasia :hug:

Caro leads Head To Head now 5-0.;)
Never lost a set.

Yes, there's an extra *) in the punchbag thread :-)

Lulu.
Sep 29th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Anastasia. :(

gmak
Sep 29th, 2010, 04:58 PM
Nastya :( :mad: just a horrible matchup i guess :shrug:
still don't understand why she's having those lopsided losses against Caro

Caro :) congrats on Doha but beat Radwanska now :devil:

hankqq
Sep 29th, 2010, 05:27 PM
:haha: :rolls:
well done Wozniacki :worship:
why are some people so surprised that Caroline keeps destroying Pavlyuchenkova? :tape: each time they play, the difference in athleticism between the 2 is very apparent.

PLP
Sep 29th, 2010, 06:01 PM
:yeah:

As to Babyfat, when she loses 10 kilos and gets some brain transplantation, she might take a set off Wozniacki.

You have 2 good points. :lol:
Nastya is exceptionally talented and she has enjoyed a solid year, but this match-up exposes her weaknesses so glaringly.
GL in your next tournament Nastya!

PLEASE win the title Caro!!!
:bounce:
:bounce:

LUVMIRZA
Sep 29th, 2010, 06:14 PM
fatty Pav:lol:

Patrick345
Sep 29th, 2010, 06:19 PM
:haha: :rolls:
well done Wozniacki :worship:
why are some people so surprised that Caroline keeps destroying Pavlyuchenkova? :tape: each time they play, the difference in athleticism between the 2 is very apparent.

Agreed, this is tennis not the dictionary, hence fit before fat.

iPatty
Sep 29th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Chunkova is just not that good. 1991 fail.

terjw
Sep 29th, 2010, 07:04 PM
WD Caro.

Andrew Laeddis
Sep 29th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Pav is not fat. She's big boned :o

C. W. Fields
Sep 29th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Caro hit a very respectable 17 winners today, but I doubt any of her haters had the class to give her a thumbs up for that. They only mock her when she hits one-digit winners.

Break My Rapture
Sep 29th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Sunshine is such a misplaced nickname for Wozniacki. :crying2: All she does on court recently is moan to umpires.

Martian Jeza
Sep 29th, 2010, 08:03 PM
Sunshine is such a misplaced nickname for Wozniacki. :crying2: All she does on court recently is moan to umpires.

Did you even watch the match ? I don't think so !

Mistress of Evil
Sep 29th, 2010, 08:05 PM
Pav is not fat. She's big boned :o

It is obvious that she has plenty of extra weight.:wavey: Not fat but not in great shape either.

edificio
Sep 29th, 2010, 08:40 PM
Pavs. No confidence at all. No strength of mind. In the first set, in the third game, Woz struggled to hold serve, going to deuce several times,...well she held and then Pavs got petulant and lost the next game and it was all downhill from there. I turned it off after the first set. Pavlyuchenkova didn't seem to believe she could beat Wozniacki. If you don't think you can, you probably won't.

Break My Rapture
Sep 29th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Did you even watch the match ? I don't think so !
Yes I did.

Martian Jeza
Sep 29th, 2010, 08:43 PM
Yes I did.

Unless I had a total blackout or Eurosport didn't show it, I didn't see Caroline moan so much with the umpire ! Stop seeking troubles where there aren't !

edificio
Sep 29th, 2010, 08:43 PM
Woz got herself out of trouble several times with her serve. Pavs countered with too many errors. Her weight is not her problem. I wish people would stop saying that. It's all about the head and the execution.

Break My Rapture
Sep 29th, 2010, 08:44 PM
Unless I had a total blackout or Eurosport didn't show it, I didn't see Caroline moan so much with the umpire ! Stop seeking troubles where there aren't !
Yes, she did moan less today than she did in her match against Arn. I'm not seeking trouble, just saying what I see. :yawn: Christ.

Dodoboy.
Sep 29th, 2010, 09:06 PM
Caro, you better beat Aga here!
This is a nice draw to the SFs and beyonce. In a few years time this may be seen as a 'tough' draw for her.

Good win.

Monzanator
Sep 29th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Bitchslapping :hearts:

Break My Rapture
Sep 29th, 2010, 09:10 PM
Caro, you better beat Aga here!
This is a nice draw to the SFs and beyonce. In a few years time this may be seen as a 'tough' draw for her.

Good win.
Err what? :unsure:

C. W. Fields
Sep 29th, 2010, 10:02 PM

He means in a few years time Caro will be head and shoulders above all other players, bagels and bread sticks all over the place. Looking back from that glorious future today will seem like tough times! :devil:

Ryan
Sep 29th, 2010, 10:10 PM

When Serena, Kim, Venus and Henin all retire - and unless a new big ass-kicker comes to town - beating Aga, Vika, ED/Vera/Fran back-to-back-to-back will be a :eek: :bowdown: draw. ;)

cn ireland
Sep 29th, 2010, 10:11 PM
Caro:yeah:

Break My Rapture
Sep 30th, 2010, 06:18 PM
He means in a few years time Caro will be head and shoulders above all other players, bagels and bread sticks all over the place. Looking back from that glorious future today will seem like tough times! :devil:
Have you ever thought about her closest rivals from this generation improving as well? Vika and Sabine have thrashed her a couple of times now, why not in the future as well? ;)
When Serena, Kim, Venus and Henin all retire - and unless a new big ass-kicker comes to town - beating Aga, Vika, ED/Vera/Fran back-to-back-to-back will be a :eek: :bowdown: draw. ;)
Oh. :lol: