PDA

View Full Version : Tokyo R3: (5) Francesca Schiavone d. Kimiko Date Krumm 6-3, 6-3

edificio
Sep 29th, 2010, 07:16 AM
Lot of great play in this match, but KDK might have been a little tired. Franny was on, though.

Navratil
Sep 29th, 2010, 07:17 AM
Was it on Eurosport?

edificio
Sep 29th, 2010, 07:24 AM
Was it on Eurosport?

No, I don't know who showed it. The commentary was in English (a Britishy voiced man). He was alone. This stream is replaying the second set now with Japanese commentary (http://www.livescorehunter.com/index.php?option=com_lsh&view=lsh&event_id=26173&tv_id=375&tid=2500&channel=0&tmpl=component&layout=popup&Itemid=190). Also, the other day Tokyo Broadcasting Company showed Kimiko's match delayed and shortened, though. They might show it again (you can see that station online).

young_gunner913
Sep 29th, 2010, 07:35 AM
Expected. Well done Fransexa. :yeah:

Kimiko :sad: This was such an amazing tournament for you though. Coming through in 2 very tough matches. Happy 40th Birthday and best of luck next week. :hug:

Caralenko
Sep 29th, 2010, 07:48 AM
Fran was very kind to Kimiko at the net, wishing her a happy birthday. :tears: It was a good match.

tennis-insomniac
Sep 29th, 2010, 07:52 AM
Fran was very kind to Kimiko at the net, wishing her a happy birthday. :tears: It was a good match.

yeah a great match kimiko seems tired in the end lots of good winners fran was on form she played like a top 10 yep yep thats tennis WTA should be having i think

homogenius
Sep 29th, 2010, 07:53 AM
Kimiko's tournament is a success no matter what, but nice to see Franny showing that these days she's a top player (unlike people like Maria, Dinara etc...who are still considered as top players for some mysterious reasons)

tennis-insomniac
Sep 29th, 2010, 07:55 AM
No, I don't know who showed it. The commentary was in English (a Britishy voiced man). He was alone. This stream is replaying the second set now with Japanese commentary (http://www.livescorehunter.com/index.php?option=com_lsh&view=lsh&event_id=26173&tv_id=375&tid=2500&channel=0&tmpl=component&layout=popup&Itemid=190). Also, the other day Tokyo Broadcasting Company showed Kimiko's match delayed and shortened, though. They might show it again (you can see that station online).

it's tennistv they have great stream and many matches throughout the year, I really like it but sometimes the stream can be really slow but it's been better now

tennis-insomniac
Sep 29th, 2010, 07:57 AM
Kimiko's tournament is a success no matter what, but nice to see Franny showing that these days she's a top player (unlike people like Maria, Dinara etc...who are still considered as top players for some mysterious reasons)

they are capable to be on top of WTA, but no now they are not categorized to be top players

Jajaloo
Sep 29th, 2010, 08:05 AM
This is what separates the slam contenders from the scrubs - beating KDK.

Singleniacki
Sep 29th, 2010, 08:10 AM
Fran showed she can play at a top 10 level in this match, sad that it was against Kimiko :sad:
But well done, nonetheless :)

ce
Sep 29th, 2010, 08:25 AM
Fran :inlove:
Date :hug:

mauresmofan
Sep 29th, 2010, 08:30 AM

Lovely to hear, what a tournament from Kimiko just brilliant hope she isn't considering quitting after this year - she's really found some great tennis.

scandic78
Sep 29th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Francesa speaking about Kimiko after the match:

"I said to her at the end it was an honor to play her. I've followed her career and she's not just a great tennis player, she's a great person," Schiavone said. "To come back and show the people anything is possible is really inspiring. And today we were playing on the senior tour - we were 70 together!"

Aww - that's just lovely :angel:

Fran :yeah:
Kimiko :sobbing: great tournament - keep it up

Human Nature
Sep 29th, 2010, 08:55 AM
Thank you fran

The hype around kimiko beating "top" players of this generation has at last ended

Vartan
Sep 29th, 2010, 08:56 AM
Fransexa :inlove:

scandic78
Sep 29th, 2010, 08:57 AM
Thank you fran

The hype around kimiko beating "top" players of this generation will at least end

Not sure if it's just hype - the stats speak for themselves :)

amy_lee
Sep 29th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Call me old-fashioned but i wished all tennis players were like them.. *sigh*

Juju Nostalgique
Sep 29th, 2010, 09:02 AM
Kimiko... :awww: :sobbing: :tears: :crying2: :sad: :hysteric:

Have a nice week! :hug:

nevetssllim
Sep 29th, 2010, 09:05 AM
Sexa. :D

Her third hard-court quarter-final in her past four events. :)

mauresmofan
Sep 29th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Thank you fran

The hype around kimiko beating "top" players of this generation has at last ended

Are Dinara Safina and Maria Sharapova not top players? I guess being former and relatively recently no.1's isn't good enough anymore to be considered a top player - either way combined they're 0-3 against Kimiko and that stat is the only one Kimiko will care about.

Pops Maellard
Sep 29th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Yay Fran. :D

cocco80
Sep 29th, 2010, 10:05 AM
FRA :banana:

Kimiko :( You had a nice run.

Olórin
Sep 29th, 2010, 10:12 AM
Are Dinara Safina and Maria Sharapova not top players?

No. Neither are among the elite any more.

Shame KDK had to lose though.

Lapaco
Sep 29th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Her birthday was yesterday.

ViennaCalling
Sep 29th, 2010, 11:05 AM
Fran :hearts:
Kimiko :sad: But great tournament :hug:

Francesa speaking about Kimiko after the match:

"I said to her at the end it was an honor to play her. I've followed her career and she's not just a great tennis player, she's a great person," Schiavone said. "To come back and show the people anything is possible is really inspiring. And today we were playing on the senior tour - we were 70 together!"

Aww - that's just lovely :angel:

Fran :yeah:
Kimiko :sobbing: great tournament - keep it up

:awww:

ElusiveChanteuse
Sep 29th, 2010, 11:19 AM
Kimiko :hug:

Beat
Sep 29th, 2010, 11:23 AM
"And today we were playing on the senior tour - we were 70 together!"

:lol: schiavone always cracks me up.

tennisforadults
Sep 29th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Are Dinara Safina and Maria Sharapova not top players? I guess being former and relatively recently no.1's isn't good enough anymore to be considered a top player - either way combined they're 0-3 against Kimiko and that stat is the only one Kimiko will care about.

They WERE top players. Now they're in the category of 'dangerous floaters'.

Not trying to take anything away from Kimiko's wins though.

Marionated
Sep 29th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Fran having a good tournament outside a slam :eek: :hearts:

Kimiko :hug:

propi
Sep 29th, 2010, 01:38 PM
Paca :cheer::dance::banana:
Great tournament for you, now win it all or at least, reach the final... I'd love to see her finishing the year in top 4 :yeah:
Kimiko, awesome :worship::worship: now I hope you can do some harm next week too :bounce:

new-york
Sep 29th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Still two good wins.

Kimiko. :worship:

CrossCourt~Rally
Sep 29th, 2010, 01:57 PM
Well earned Fran :yeah: It's looking really good for the YEC :bounce:

Kimiko :hug: Still a nice run this week in celebration of the big 40 :worship::bounce:

Jean-Henri
Sep 29th, 2010, 02:28 PM
WAUW,

I begin to think that I possess unknown magical forces.

I, and a very few others (3), predicted Fran to win the whole thing, and now she's already through to R4 :-)

Go go Schiavone !

Sammo
Sep 29th, 2010, 02:46 PM
D'oh!!

Lulu.
Sep 29th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Thank you fran

This. :D

Renalicious
Sep 29th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Very well done to Fran. :inlove:

Kimiko :hug: Good week.

crazillo
Sep 29th, 2010, 04:11 PM
Wow, just saw some highlights and it looked like a match full of finesse and touch. :D

Ferg
Sep 29th, 2010, 04:14 PM
Kimiko :hug: Rest up and win a few in Beijing!

Lucemferre
Sep 29th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Thank you fran

Schiavone isn't a top player of this generation.

FORZA SARITA
Sep 29th, 2010, 04:19 PM
fight for the YEC spor Sexa :cheer: you should beat Kaia now :armed:

she's right now :)

Lucemferre
Sep 29th, 2010, 04:47 PM
fight for the YEC spor Sexa :cheer: you should beat Kaia now :armed:

she's right now :)

She is top 10 right now not one of the top players of this genearation.

PLP
Sep 29th, 2010, 06:14 PM
:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

Great week though Kimiko!!

Hope gets a WC to Bali again.

mauresmofan
Sep 29th, 2010, 06:40 PM
:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

Great week though Kimiko!!

Hope gets a WC to Bali again.

Don't you have to have a tournament win to get into that event?

Just watched the highlights and it looked like a really fun match full of all court tennis and different spins and angles - also lovely exchange at the net. Franny has really grown on me this year and all the years of dedication and hard work are paying off for her, great to see!

cn ireland
Sep 29th, 2010, 09:20 PM
Kimiko:hug: but still 2 amazing wins this week;)!

justineheninfan
Sep 29th, 2010, 09:28 PM

I agree but she is more of one than Hantuchova. Her FO title trumps Hantuchova's entire career for me.

Lucemferre
Sep 29th, 2010, 09:30 PM
I agree but she is more of one than Hantuchova. Her FO title trumps Hantuchova's entire career for me.

Who said anything about hantuchova?

Ellery
Sep 29th, 2010, 10:57 PM
Fran :hearts:

Sorry Kimiko :hug: