PDA

View Full Version : What's the most unpredictable match-up (nowadays)?

Beny
Sep 28th, 2010, 05:23 PM
For me definitely Kuznetsova vs. Kirilenko

Not only nowadays. No matter how the form of either is, you never know whoīs going to win. Normally, Kuznetsova is superior and should always win, but Makiri is winning too many of their matches.. :shrug:

DOUBLEFIST
Sep 28th, 2010, 05:24 PM
Venus/Clijsters

Lucemferre
Sep 28th, 2010, 05:26 PM
Venus/Clijsters

That's very predictable:o

Beny
Sep 28th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Venus/Clijsters

:o

I think you misread the thread title for The most PREDICTABLE match..

Clijsters always wins no matter what :tape:

Itīs like Jankovic vs. Venus. All the match has to do is go to three sets and the winner is: Jankovic :o

Brena
Sep 28th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Itīs like Jankovic vs. Venus. All the match has to do is go to three sets and the winner is: Jankovic :o

That's (unfortunately) not really true.

Mightymirza
Sep 28th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Kuznetsova vs anyone :ras: :lol: Potentially kuzzie can beat anyone on clay/hard courts..

Shvedbarilescu
Sep 28th, 2010, 05:52 PM
Kleybanova v Ivanovic always seems to be a flip of the coin kind of thing depending both on the circumstances surrounding the match as well as who happens to be better on the day but clearly both players have demostrated numerous times their ability to beat the other one.

Beny
Sep 28th, 2010, 05:56 PM
Kleybanova v Ivanovic always seems to be a flip of the coin kind of thing depending both on the circumstances surrounding the match as well as who happens to be better on the day but clearly both players have demostrated numerous times their ability to beat the other one.

Good one. Itīs either Kleybanova 63,62 or Ivanovic 63,62. weird outcomes always

WhoAmI?
Sep 28th, 2010, 05:57 PM
For me, top 100 Russian vs top 100 Russian

Mrs. Dimitrova
Sep 28th, 2010, 05:58 PM

This.

Or, yes, Russian vs Russian. :lol:

DOUBLEFIST
Sep 28th, 2010, 06:04 PM

I admit, I'm not looking so much at the results as how the match plays out.

Shvedbarilescu
Sep 28th, 2010, 06:16 PM
I would also say that practically every match Safina plays at the moment seems a 50/50 proposition. In the last month and a half Safina has defeated Kirilenko, Schiavone and Hantuchova. She has also lost to Kirilenko, Schiavone and Hantuchova. Says it all really.

So Safina vs Anybody basically.

Adrian.
Sep 28th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Domachowska/Craybas
Domachowska/Arvidsson :p :lol:

Caipirinha Guy
Sep 28th, 2010, 09:52 PM
Kuznetsova/Radwanska :p

Uranium
Sep 28th, 2010, 09:55 PM

And yet, Venus has won the last 2 3-set matches they played. 4-5 overall. Yeah, it's a gosh darn conclusion JJ would win.

Mynarco
Sep 28th, 2010, 09:57 PM
Jankovic vs anyone

GAGAlady
Sep 28th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Jelena Vs Serena (i know!)

true...Jelena probably has a better shot against Venus but you still get the feeling that you just never konow how this matchup will go...Serena always goes in as the favorite, but jelena saves her best for Ree too...

Jean-Henri
Sep 28th, 2010, 10:01 PM
caro vs vika

дalex
Sep 28th, 2010, 10:04 PM
Jankovic vs anyone

True. :lol:

Brena
Sep 28th, 2010, 10:08 PM
Jankovic vs anyone

True. :lol:

Yep, with the exception of What'sUpJustine

Leo_DFP
Sep 28th, 2010, 10:13 PM
For me definitely Kuznetsova vs. Kirilenko

Not only nowadays. No matter how the form of either is, you never know whoīs going to win. Normally, Kuznetsova is superior and should always win, but Makiri is winning too many of their matches.. :shrug:
What a weird H2H to even mention? I mean, talk about irrelevant match-ups. I don't even remember them playing often, although I did see some of their horrific match at the US Open live in person.

You can pretty much equate this with, as someone already pointed out, any Top 100 Russian vs. any Top 100 Russian.

Cakeisgood
Sep 28th, 2010, 11:17 PM
Maria Sharapova vs. WTA Tour except against Serena. Then FO SHO she loses.

QueenBee
Sep 29th, 2010, 12:00 AM
Jelena Dokic vs. anyone

Brie Whitehead vs. Amy Dillingham :lol:

edificio
Sep 29th, 2010, 12:03 AM
Anybody against Ana, Sveta, and Jelena. These are all (or were once) top players.

Shvedbarilescu
Sep 29th, 2010, 01:12 AM
Jelena Dokic vs. anyone
Brie Whitehead vs. Amy Dillingham :lol:

Jelena Dokic is terribly predictable. She loses pretty much all her matches unless she plays a lot of ITF tennis. In these circumstances once Dokic is comfortably in a grove, she wins all her matches providing she doesn't encounter any top 100 players.

C. W. Fields
Sep 29th, 2010, 01:31 AM
Caro vs Vera. Neither of them have managed to beat the other twice in a row yet. So far their H2H has been Vera-Caro-Vera-Caro-Vera. Of course you could consider alternating wins a kind of predictability. Caro should win the next one then.

Lord Choc Ice
Sep 29th, 2010, 02:02 AM
Serena VS Kuznetsova.

Singleniacki
Sep 29th, 2010, 03:03 AM
Niculescu - MEC :hysteric:

Stern
Sep 29th, 2010, 05:41 AM
Henin vs WS
Jankovic vs WS

Nikkiri
Sep 29th, 2010, 06:22 AM
Sveta vs anyone is pretty unpredictable. Lol this match up is so random..

Jajaloo
Sep 29th, 2010, 07:00 AM
Ivanovic v Azarenka

Jankovic v WTA Tour [except Henin & A. Bondrenko]

brent-o
Sep 29th, 2010, 07:01 AM
I'd say most of the tour vs. most of the tour. I never know for sure what's going to happen anymore!

The Witch-king
Sep 29th, 2010, 07:09 AM
Most matchups are unpredictable.

Shvedbarilescu
Sep 29th, 2010, 08:04 AM
I'd say most of the tour vs. most of the tour. I never know for sure what's going to happen anymore!

Most matchups are unpredictable.

Good posts. Fully agree. :yeah:

Actually I'd say this is probably the most enjoyable thing about the tour at the moment. One can say the quality is always what it could be and there are problems with the top players attendence quite often but on the plus side one never knows what is going to happen next and it is hardly ever predictable or boring.

VeeJJ
Sep 29th, 2010, 08:33 AM
Jankovic v WTA Tour [except Henin & A. Bondrenko]

This is sad :sad: She can beat virtually anyone on any given day and she used to be able to, in spurts at least. Jelena, what happen to you? You should have multiple slams :'(

Cp6uja
Sep 29th, 2010, 08:53 AM
I agree with majority posters from this thread:

Most unpredictable WTA Player is... Anyone

WTA :rocker2: