PDA

View Full Version : Should we delete the livescoring thread?

Marilyn Monheaux
Sep 27th, 2010, 07:52 AM
Seriously, you guys broke my heart by not using this amazing creation.:tears:

Pro livescore thread:

- it's easier to find information regarding the match other that 15-0, 30-0, 40-0, df, df, df, df, df, broken. :)
- no 2nd volume curse! :rocker2: It's real and Tokyo was a warning!:scared:

Con livescore thread:

- :confused: :scratch: :shrug:

Yes, I fully realize that I'm being overly dramatic, but this is entirely Masha's fault. For realz!:o :ras: :sobbing:

Nina.
Sep 27th, 2010, 08:01 AM
Please no because it is a damn good thing. I hate going into the tournament thread especially when I couldn't follow the match and find 50 - 100 pages of 15-0, 15 - 15, crap df, HOOOOOLD MASHA!

Sorry, but I don't care about that. When I go into the tournament thread I want to be able to find informations about when she's playing, her opponent, possible live streams and after she played I want to be able to find some general informations about how she played.
And that's simply impossible when you do live scoring in the tournament thread.

Mrs. Dimitrova
Sep 27th, 2010, 08:08 AM
I don't really care. At first I thought we were going to use the live score thread so I followed that thread from my BlackBerry, but no one was there except NewShoulderPlz. :( So, I'm okay with whatever people want as long as everyone sticks to one thing. It's effing confusing. :o

Solidus
Sep 27th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Keep it.

How about this, the first person to post in the official tournament thread wth posts like '15-0', 'hold' etc, we kick their stupid arses with a barrage of bad reps. Because it is the first person to make those sort of posts in the wrong thread that causes the precedent.

Seriously, as it is now, there is no disincentive to prevent people from breaking the so called 'rules'. Violation of the results must result in consequences!

:devil::devil::devil:

Maria Croft
Sep 27th, 2010, 08:42 AM
I have been saying it for a long time now, I'm sick and tired of the tournament threads being spam threads. Keep the live scoring thread.

claypova
Sep 27th, 2010, 11:52 AM
i began to use it, but erveryone else decided to stick with the tokyo thread, so i joined that :sad:

i say keep it, and if we do, we stop livescoring in the tourney thread altogether. theres no point if theres livescoring in both.

Marilyn Monheaux
Sep 27th, 2010, 12:02 PM
i began to use it, but erveryone else decided to stick with the tokyo thread, so i joined that :sad:

i say keep it, and if we do, we stop livescoring in the tourney thread altogether. theres no point if theres livescoring in both.

That was the plan to begin with.:lol:

istase2000
Sep 27th, 2010, 12:03 PM
i voted yes but i change my mind
everyone else was posting in the tokyo thread so it felt weird to post in livescore alone
we need a team effort :rolls:

Jovana.
Sep 27th, 2010, 12:08 PM
The Siberian Siren is just not used to a live scoring thread cause there never was one :o There's absolutely nothing wrong with having a live scoring thread in fact it's much better, but people just have to get used to it and start posting :shrug:

gc-spurs
Sep 27th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Maybe the question should be 'Should we hang Giselle?'

JamieOwen3
Sep 27th, 2010, 12:18 PM
oh hilarious :haha: do what the hell you want to ive given up on superstitions :rolls:

Jovana.
Sep 27th, 2010, 12:19 PM

babygurl G :hug: of course not :awww:

Marilyn Monheaux
Sep 27th, 2010, 01:07 PM

Why should we?:confused:

Because Maria had an 83% winning record in Tokyo before this match?
Because Maria had never lost in the first round in Tokyo before?
Because Maria was the defending champion?
Because this loss costs her any chance to qualify for the Y.E.C.?

:D

Mrs. Dimitrova
Sep 27th, 2010, 01:36 PM

I know how to find you. :devil:

But no, one less Kiwi fellow on TF is :sad:

perseus2006
Sep 27th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Yes, delete the LiveScoring thread. There is already one in TF.COM>CurrentTournaments.

I also think that Giselle and Caoimhan should duel it out for opening up the 2011 AO! Things can only improve...

Break My Rapture
Sep 27th, 2010, 03:43 PM
I told you before the tournament started to get rid of it. Maria agrees.

mariavikafan
Sep 27th, 2010, 03:53 PM
I told you before the tournament started to get rid of it. Maria agrees.

THIS.

Mrs. Dimitrova
Sep 27th, 2010, 03:55 PM
But no one even used it aside from NewShoulderPlz. :scratch:

nelsondan
Sep 27th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Would it be possible to update the title of whatever thread is being used by most, every ten minutes while Maria is playing? That way, people would automatically gravitate to that thread for more details.

Sorry if this is an impractical suggestion--I am not sophisticated in computer protocols.

WTAtennisfan15
Sep 27th, 2010, 05:35 PM
No just keep that thread, damn it is the best idea from Maja so far, so guys do what the queen says!

Sharapovian
Sep 27th, 2010, 05:54 PM
No we should keep the thread. I wasn't awake for the match otherwise I would have been using it :angel:

Plus I don't think many people knew we were being serious about using it, so we should give people another chance. Also it makes it easier to look at peoples comments in the thread if there are no live scores in it.

Maybe whoever makes a tourny thread should put in the 1st post that we should use the Live Scoring thread ;)

The live scoring thread is really a smart idea.

JamieOwen3
Sep 27th, 2010, 06:00 PM
to be honest, it was a stupid time for most of us when she played, (although i was awake and thaught her match was on at 10am) :mad: keep the thread as it will be useful for us when other tournaments are on like moscow especially! plus ana has a live score thread and that works :) keep it!

JamieOwen3
Sep 27th, 2010, 06:01 PM
oh mother fucker!!!
i pressed yes by mistake as i was thinking of yes keep the thread :rolleyes:

Marilyn Monheaux
Sep 27th, 2010, 06:05 PM
oh mother fucker!!!
i pressed yes by mistake as i was thinking of yes keep the thread :rolleyes:

Noted. ;)

Lachy
Sep 27th, 2010, 11:55 PM
Ooops forgot we had this thread :speakles: Sorry for polluting the tourny thread with my 69 posts :lol:

istase2000
Sep 28th, 2010, 12:16 AM
Noted. ;)
can you change my yes to no too:kiss:

Marilyn Monheaux
Sep 28th, 2010, 06:43 AM
can you change my yes to no too:kiss:

I can't change anything, but I'll note it. :D

Nina.
Sep 28th, 2010, 07:22 AM
We have a livescoring thread in Vika's forum as well and it works just fine :shrug: I can only say it again, it's so much more comfortable. When you're online during the match and want to cheer with other fans use the livescoring thread.

gc-spurs
Sep 28th, 2010, 08:16 AM
Should we delete the Siberian Siren? Hari Kari

Marilyn Monheaux
Oct 1st, 2010, 12:59 PM
:cheer:

KK2009
Oct 4th, 2010, 07:00 AM
Love it~ We have the exactly same one in the Chinese forum. Better than just put everything into the official thread which is supposed to render useful info.

Mr.Sharapova
Jan 4th, 2011, 07:00 PM
It is much more appropriate to use this thread for live scores:shrug:.

Lucas_Arg
Jan 4th, 2011, 09:39 PM
For me it makes no difference at all. But let's be honest, a livescore thread will never be used.

perseus2006
Jan 5th, 2011, 03:08 AM
Delete the scoring thread! Keep it all in the Tournament threads. One place to look, one place to share the excitement. One place to camment on the match.

There already is a scoring thread on TF. If you want to contribute to a scoring thread, use the Ganeral one.

Maria Croft
Jan 5th, 2011, 07:20 AM
There is nothing wrong with the thread, people just need to start using it :p