PDA

View Full Version : I really want Caro to grab #1 spot!

Pops Maellard
Sep 25th, 2010, 12:25 PM
As much as I like Serena, no player should be ranked #1 only playing six events in a year. :lol:

Caro will be a slamless #1 at first yes, but she's pretty much guaranteed to win a slam in the post-sister era. Who's going to stop her then? :shrug:

Grab that #1 spot Caro. :armed:

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01665/wozniacki_1665729c.jpg

Slutiana
Sep 25th, 2010, 12:28 PM
As much as I like Serena, no player should be ranked #1 only playing six events in a year. :lol:

Caro will be a slamless #1 at first yes, but she's pretty much guaranteed to win a slam in the post-sister era. Who's going to stop her then? :shrug:

No, she isn't.

And i'm happy for you, I really am, but is this really worth a thread? The number one spot stopped being relevant years ago.

Uranium
Sep 25th, 2010, 12:29 PM
A few other players can get #1 too, and I don't think we will see Caro doing it any time soon.

jimbo mack
Sep 25th, 2010, 12:31 PM
clijsters would deserve it more but i hope serena can keep hold of it as long as possible

i'm dreading the day that wozniacki becomes number one just because she plays the most quarter-finals

Marionated
Sep 25th, 2010, 12:31 PM
A year end number 1 without a slam final on her ranking, let alone a slam, is far more embarrasing than a year end number 1 with just six tournaments on her ranking but two slams.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Sep 25th, 2010, 12:35 PM
She is going to be ranked number 1, whether we like it or not :shrug: Atleast Safina and Jankovic had a Slam Final appearance in their ranking when they were ranked number :help:

Its not like she is losing to the sisters at the Slams. She is losing to players like Zvonareva/Kvitova/Na li/Lisicki/Cirstea/Dokic/Schiavone :shrug:

Pops Maellard
Sep 25th, 2010, 12:41 PM
No, she isn't.

And i'm happy for you, I really am, but is this really worth a thread? The number one spot stopped being relevant years ago.

Oh right, Polona Hercog will stop her.

RG Freak
Sep 25th, 2010, 12:47 PM
I think you forgot about Kim :shrug:

Pops Maellard
Sep 25th, 2010, 12:49 PM
I think you forgot about Kim :shrug:

Caro will play more events = having more shots at doing well. Kim will probably play two more events - tops - till the YEC.

Marilyn Monheaux
Sep 25th, 2010, 12:50 PM
When is Serena coming back? Any date set? Being No.1 with 6 events would be weird, but with 8-9 it would be totally understandable.:cool:

brickhousesupporter
Sep 25th, 2010, 12:51 PM
I want her to get to number 1 too. As history has shown us, with Jankovic, Ivanovic and Safina, when a person reaches a positon that they are not ready for or should not have, they crumble under the expectations. Will Caro feel the pressure and begin to fall.

Pops Maellard
Sep 25th, 2010, 12:52 PM
I want her to get to number 1 too. As history has shown us, with Jankovic, Ivanovic and Safina, when a person reaches a positon that they are not ready for or should not have, they crumble under the expectations. Will Caro feel the pressure and begin to fall.

I wouldn't count on that happening to Caro. She's not a headcase like those three.

Vanity Bonfire
Sep 25th, 2010, 12:54 PM
FailOn making another Fail thread:inlove:, just after putting Graf's backhand ahead of Evert's.

eDonkey
Sep 25th, 2010, 12:55 PM

http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/verschiedene/a064.gif

brickhousesupporter
Sep 25th, 2010, 12:56 PM
I wouldn't count on that happening to Caro. She's not a headcase like those three.
Never said it was going to happen. I just want to see if it will happen. If she keeps losing in majors, the press can make it hard on her.

goldenlox
Sep 25th, 2010, 12:59 PM
I think it will happen. She won 3 tournaments after Wimbledon and then the USO SF.
That's a big block of points she keeps for 9 months.

I'd like to see Vera #1. She has 1 title above Mickey Mouse in her career.

Thats a good #1, showing consistency over titles. And maybe if Vera stays there, WTA will retool the system.

Pops Maellard
Sep 25th, 2010, 01:00 PM
FailOn making another Fail thread:inlove:, just after putting Graf's backhand ahead of Evert's.

You know, not too many posters picked the 'Other' option available, so clearly most agreed with my choices. :yawn:

ptitnavet
Sep 25th, 2010, 01:02 PM

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01665/wozniacki_1665729c.jpg

Quality > Quantity :angel:

1 1 Williams, Serena 26/09/81 USA 6995 14
2 2 Wozniacki, Caroline 11/07/90 DEN 5910 24

Who cares if Caro grabs the 1 sport No doubt who the real n°1 is :shrug:
""We all know who the real No. 1 is"Quite frankly, I'm the best in the world.'' :worship:

Patrick345
Sep 25th, 2010, 01:04 PM
I think it will happen. She won 3 tournaments after Wimbledon and then the USO SF.
That's a big block of points she keeps for 9 months.

I'd like to see Vera #1. She has 1 title above Mickey Mouse in her career.

Thats a good #1, showing consistency over titles. And maybe if Vera stays there, WTA will retool the system.

Re-tool it how? 5000 points for a Slam? 500 for a Slam final? 250 for a Premier title. Cause that is about the only way you ensure that a Slam winner will be No.1 all the time and nothing else seems to be acceptable these days. :rolleyes:

Pops Maellard
Sep 25th, 2010, 01:06 PM

""We all know who the real No. 1 is"Quite frankly, I'm the best in the world.'' :worship:

There's no doubt Sequeena did amazing in her six events played. It's not a bad reflection on her, just the rest of the tour for not being able to take advantage of her absense effectively enough. :p

goldenlox
Sep 25th, 2010, 01:07 PM
I dont know if retooling the system will improve it. But they will probably look at it if Vera spends a lot of time at #1 without any titles

$uricate
Sep 25th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Oh great, another number one player that reached her peak due to Serena's inactivity :o

As much as I whine about Woz constantly, if she actually won a slam and beat the top players I would have no problem with her.

I just think it debases the tour when a player can reach number one acheiving what she has. Some of the greats who have won multiple slams have never reached number 1 and now all you need to do is play a full schedule and push every ball back.

I guess its a case of hate the game, not the player.

Pops Maellard
Sep 25th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Oh great, another number one player that reached her peak due to Serena's inactivity :o

As much as I whine about Woz constantly, if she actually won a slam and beat the top players I would have no problem with her.

I just think it debases the tour when a player can reach number one acheiving what she has. Some of the greats who have won multiple slams have never reached number 1 and now all you need to do is play a full schedule and push every ball back.

I once thought as you did, and in many ways you are right. But from another POV, it's not Caro's fault even most of the top players are putting on so many shitshows. :sad:

Patrick345
Sep 25th, 2010, 01:16 PM
I dont know if retooling the system will improve it. But they will probably look at it if Vera spends a lot of time at #1 without any titles

Vera would have to play well on the Asian Tour and the YEC to become #1, which means sheŽll likely have been in three of the five majors finals of the year. Is winning Montreal, New Haven, Copenhagen really better?

$uricate
Sep 25th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Re-tool it how? 5000 points for a Slam? 500 for a Slam final? 250 for a Premier title. Cause that is about the only way you ensure that a Slam winner will be No.1 all the time and nothing else seems to be acceptable these days. :rolleyes:

I dont care how they do it.

Just any way that keeps Serena as number one for as long as she is clearly the number one player.

Bring back the divisor system, re-tool it and let her play only the Australian Open, Miami, Wimbledon and US Open.

There problem solved :angel:

Lachy
Sep 25th, 2010, 01:19 PM
I don't necessarily think that her winning a slam is a given. Her game at the moment depends too much on the mental and physical state of her opponents at any given time. It merely takes a ballbasher to have a 'good day at the office' to be able to beat her.

sunsfuns
Sep 25th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Serena is still the best, but there really is no way any reasonably fair system can get her there if she plays (and cares about) hardly any tournaments outside slams and Miami...

Other than her Clijsters would probably deserve it most this year. After Kim there are many with ca equal results this year (Vera, Caro, Schiavone, Jankovic, Venus etc)

Vodkapova
Sep 25th, 2010, 01:26 PM

:hearts:

madmax
Sep 25th, 2010, 01:27 PM
I fail to see a purpose of this thread honestly...what will Pushmaster becoming Numero Uno prove really? That the tour sucks even more when Safina and Jankovic were occupying this spot? She will be yet another slamless Nr.1 without any big wins (if you don't count a win over Sharapova in self-destruct mode of course).

Slutiana
Sep 25th, 2010, 01:32 PM
People need to stop blaming the ranking for all of this. The only reason Caroline has a chance at #1 is because Serena has been injured for 3/4 of the year. Not to mention the fact that the "elite"/"top" players are all slumping/injured/not playing enough.

Oh right, Polona Hercog will stop her.
Stop being a smartass and listen to dear, old reetard:
Its not like she is losing to the sisters at the Slams. She is losing to players like Zvonareva/Kvitova/Na li/Lisicki/Cirstea/Dokic/Schiavone :shrug:

:happy:

And in reality it is;

1 1 Williams, Serena 26/09/81 USA 6995 9
:lol:

terjw
Sep 25th, 2010, 01:49 PM

I don't think it debases the game at all. You can always say the tour is debased when a top player is out through injury - but if a player gets to #1 - it is still an achievement to be proud of even if the best player is out of the game for one reason or another.

We are in an age when the big four - Serena, Venus, Kim and Justine - have slams as their top priority and this and injuries and other reasons need to play a reduced schedule to achieve what they want. They are not so concerned about the #1 spot - that's a bonus if it comes - but they are not going to jeopardise their heath or their chances at the slams to get #1.

The commonly perceived best player is usually the player who has the shortest odds at the tournaments and who is favourite to win any match she plays incuding players ranked higher than her. But the #1 in the rankings also represents the best player- but it's the best player overall over the whole of the previous 52 weeks - not just a bit of it'

#1 certainly would mean a huge amount to most players. It is not meaningless and it's very difficult to get . It just doesn't mean so much to now to the big four who are also getting their fair share of injuries.

I don't actually particularly wish or not wish Caro to get to #1. With Serena being out so long - it's pretty well is coming down to whoever of 5 players plays the best. What I'd like is whoever gets to #1 gets it by winning a tournament.

JamieOwen3
Sep 25th, 2010, 02:28 PM
im whoring this gif around, IMO one of the the GOAT gifs :haha:

and im past caring who ends this year number one...

http://www.gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=1168316 (http://www.gifsoup.com/view/1168316/jim-carrey.html)

Break My Rapture
Sep 25th, 2010, 03:06 PM
No, she isn't.

This.
Caro will play more events = having more shots at doing well. Kim will probably play two more events - tops - till the YEC.
Kim will play Beijing and YEC for the remainder of the year.

Jajaloo
Sep 25th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Quantity > Quality.

Go Caro!

Mr.Sharapova
Sep 25th, 2010, 03:40 PM
She might get that number 1 rank at the end of the year but at the AO Serena will crush her and show her who the real numner 1 is :haha:

JK:)

goldenlox
Sep 25th, 2010, 03:44 PM
If Serena doesnt have a great AO, she might fall a few rankings spots.
Its because she is injured. The YEC and the AO are a big chunk of her points in the last 52 weeks.

Its impossible to hold #1 when you are too injured to play

Aaron.
Sep 25th, 2010, 04:13 PM
FailOn making another Fail thread:inlove:, just after putting Graf's backhand ahead of Evert's. So true..

RG Freak
Sep 25th, 2010, 05:18 PM

That's true.
I think Kim doesn't care about being No.1 :( but she can get it with good results in Beijing, YEC, and Australia.

Lenny_DH
Sep 25th, 2010, 05:21 PM
That's true.
I think Kim doesn't care about being No.1 :( but she can get it with good results in Beijing, YEC, and Australia.

Kim will undoubtedly get to No.1 at some point. If not this year, she'll do it in the beginning of next year. She has very little to defend until Miami. And after that, she'll have the whole clay season to add even more points.

MaBaker
Sep 25th, 2010, 05:40 PM
:hitspuppywithanewspaper:

SerenaClijsters
Sep 25th, 2010, 05:57 PM
Amazing how Serena is at No.1 with only 9 tourneys played and Wozniacki at No.2 with 24 tourneys played which is the most out of the top 10...that's almost x3 the no. Shocking :help:

As a Serena fan,I wouldn't want Wozniacki to get to No.1. But even if she does,then whatever as the points do not lie. It's just a cycle. If Woz can't defend her Montreal,New Heaven,Copenhagen pts next yr she'll drop as well just like Safina,and how Serena is going to by missing out the USO. I just wish Serena would get serious and kick serious ass at the YEC(if she plays) and grab back that No.1 ranking that rightfully belongs to her and then end as the YE No.1 :hearts::angel:

Again,Quality > Quantity any time of the day,wouldn't mind Kim being No.1 either!

DOUBLEFIST
Sep 25th, 2010, 06:01 PM
She is going to be ranked number 1, whether we like it or not :shrug: Atleast Safina and Jankovic had a Slam Final appearance in their ranking when they were ranked number :help:

Agreed.

Drimal
Sep 25th, 2010, 06:12 PM
I have to agree that the tour is incredible weak and the fact that you can get to number 1 with only one Grand Slam semifinal on your ranking is telling alot. :tape:

I remember that Elena Dementieva finished at 6 in 2004 despite reaching 2 Grand Slam finals that year!

On the other hand a 20 year old youngster at the top position would be a brief of fresh air for WTA tour who is lacking strong youngsters desperately compared to the past. :shrug:

Matt01
Sep 25th, 2010, 07:04 PM
I have to agree that the tour is incredible weak and the fact that you can get to number 1 with only one Grand Slam semifinal on your ranking is telling alot. :tape:

I remember that Elena Dementieva finished at 6 in 2004 despite reaching 2 Grand Slam finals that year!

And Davenport finished the year as #1 without having reached a Slam final...:wavey:

ideoxo
Sep 25th, 2010, 07:16 PM
On the other hand a 20 year old youngster at the top position would be a brief of fresh air for WTA tour who is lacking strong youngsters desperately compared to the past. :shrug:

Absolutely not, we all know the reasons why she could be N1 she doesn't deserve to be at the top right now and hopefully she won't go deep in her last tournaments because tennis has suffered enough with Safina, Jankovic and Ivanovic. We don't need a new one like that.

Ferg
Sep 25th, 2010, 07:18 PM
When was the last time a Williams sister beat her in a Slam? I forget.

Donny
Sep 25th, 2010, 07:20 PM
The rankings are not the issue. If Serena had been able to play the USO we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

darrinbaker00
Sep 25th, 2010, 07:38 PM
The rankings are not the issue. If Serena had been able to play the USO we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

Why not?

goldenlox
Sep 25th, 2010, 07:38 PM
I heard all the negatives about Safina, and she was in 3 slam finals and 2 semis in 6 majors. And won Tier Is and super Tier Is
But its WTA rankings and they want to reward players who show up and do well in their tournaments, not just rank players off the 4 majors

ideoxo
Sep 25th, 2010, 07:47 PM
I heard all the negatives about Safina, and she was in 3 slam finals and 2 semis in 6 majors. And won Tier Is and super Tier Is
But its WTA rankings and they want to reward players who show up and do well in their tournaments, not just rank players off the 4 majors

Fine as long as they're not winning Slams it's fine. Can't wait to see her reaching the N1 spot and of course listening Serena say nasty things:drool:

Gdsimmons
Sep 25th, 2010, 07:49 PM
Amazing how Serena is at No.1 with only 9 tourneys played and Wozniacki at No.2 with 24 tourneys played which is the most out of the top 10...that's almost x3 the no. Shocking :help:

As a Serena fan,I wouldn't want Wozniacki to get to No.1. But even if she does,then whatever as the points do not lie. It's just a cycle. If Woz can't defend her Montreal,New Heaven,Copenhagen pts next yr she'll drop as well just like Safina,and how Serena is going to by missing out the USO. I just wish Serena would get serious and kick serious ass at the YEC(if she plays) and grab back that No.1 ranking that rightfully belongs to her and then end as the YE No.1 :hearts::angel:

Again,Quality > Quantity any time of the day,wouldn't mind Kim being No.1 either!

Agree with everything you said, minus that Kim part

JamieOwen3
Sep 25th, 2010, 08:05 PM
a williams hasn't beaten her in a slam either because when she reached the 2009 us open final both were on the other side of the draw, and the other point being she loses to someone else before getting the chance to play a williams :p id rather lose to venus or serena than a random player!

at the end of the day she would have earned her number one ranking, but would she be able to keep it for a long time? im not positive that would happen.

Donny
Sep 25th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Why not?

Because she'd be too far ahead of Caro for her to take the #1 ranking most likely (unless she did abysmally).

DownInAHole
Sep 25th, 2010, 11:21 PM
Eh, I don't really think that either Wozniacki or Serena deserve the number one ranking (and I am a fan of Wozniacki).

However, I don't think that the WTA will self-destruct if Wozniacki gets the number one ranking. Heck, you could make an argument that it is more embarrassing to the tour to have Serena as number one when she has played so little compared to the other top players. What does that say about the quality of the rest of the field? On the other hand someone has to be number one and if it's not going to be Serena who should it be? Of the options available I think that Wozniacki makes as much sense as anyone else.

I also think that if she gets there Caroline has a decent shot at staying number one for a good while. She did not have great results in the first half of 2010 so if she can do better in 2011 she should stay a contender for at least the first six months of the year.

spencercarlos
Sep 26th, 2010, 02:47 AM
Eh, I don't really think that either Wozniacki or Serena deserve the number one ranking (and I am a fan of Wozniacki).

However, I don't think that the WTA will self-destruct if Wozniacki gets the number one ranking. Heck, you could make an argument that it is more embarrassing to the tour to have Serena as number one when she has played so little compared to the other top players. What does that say about the quality of the rest of the field? On the other hand someone has to be number one and if it's not going to be Serena who should it be? Of the options available I think that Wozniacki makes as much sense as anyone else.

I also think that if she gets there Caroline has a decent shot at staying number one for a good while. She did not have great results in the first half of 2010 so if she can do better in 2011 she should stay a contender for at least the first six months of the year.
The player with two slams over the player who has 0 deserves it more. If Clijsters somehow manages a great fall season and even wins the YEC then she deserves it for the overall season.

KBlade
Sep 26th, 2010, 03:44 AM
If the race to Number One comes down to YEC, and Serena shows up, I think we all probably know who will be the year end Number One.

Pops Maellard
Sep 26th, 2010, 09:56 AM
If the race to Number One comes down to YEC, and Serena shows up, I think we all probably know who will be the year end Number One.

Serena has no room for error. She's not only defending the title, but bonus points for being undefeated. Any less than perfect result at the YEC will probably not be enough.

PandoraPandora
Sep 26th, 2010, 11:16 AM
I think the number 1 ranking is becoming somewhat irrelevant. It makes no difference to who wins a tournament. It's not like there is a Nadal or Federer on the women's tour. The men's tour and no 1 ranking has real kudos and is a real crown worth wearing - both in the eyes of the players and the public. Unfortunately the public don't give a toss who the no 1 female player is as the only players they know are Serena and Venus with some vaguely aware of Kim and Maria.

Papillon.
Sep 26th, 2010, 11:19 AM
I know right? :lol: I wonder how many 'casual' sports/tennis fans are going to distinctly remember who Jelena Jankovic, Ana Ivanovic, Dinara Safina (and potentially Caroline Wozniacki) are in the distant future.

terjw
Sep 26th, 2010, 11:21 AM

Agree with this.

The player with two slams over the player who has 0 deserves it more. If Clijsters somehow manages a great fall season and even wins the YEC then she deserves it for the overall season.

I understand your point on 2 slams - but I think you need a ranking system that measures performance over a whole 52 week period -not just a part.

The basic problem is that the four best players don't regard being #1 as their priority. Their main concern is slams and they are not going to play more than a reduced schedule. Plus they may be out for a time with injuries and unable to get points over much of the 52 weeks.

I think the tour needs the 52 week ranking and that it shouldn't be replaced with a ranking that just takes the slams. And I really don't like the idea of tinkering about with it to get the top players in who aren't really too bothered about it to really fight for it.

I mean what do they realistically do. Yeah we could use slams to determine ranking. It means Fran would be ranked #3. And why should anyone bother playing much on the WTA tour now? We could try the divisor system - but that has it's problems in that again it actively discourages a player to play once they get a good result in the slams. You can get a situation whereby in the extreme - a players ranking percentage would go down if they played a tournament even if they win it. e.g. a player has won 2GS - average 2000. If that player plays Miami and wins - their average drops to 1667. An extreme example. But it screams the message - if you've got a good average - don't play and muck it up which is totally against finding the best player over the whole of the previous 52 weeks.

I think what is needed is an additional 52 week ranking based just on grand slams. Whoever wins the most is top. When there is a tie - number of time a runner up decided. When there is a tie there - number of SFs decide. But keep the existing ranking as measuring the player who has played the best on the tour over the whole of the 52 week period. The winner of the slams ranking will be much more readily accepted as the best player whilst the #1 ranked player in the existing rankings will not need to be subject to unfair criticism for what is still a tremendous achievement.

$uricate
Sep 26th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Kim will undoubtedly get to No.1 at some point. If not this year, she'll do it in the beginning of next year. She has very little to defend until Miami. And after that, she'll have the whole clay season to add even more points.

:spit:

Oh right, you're being serious :o

terjw
Sep 26th, 2010, 01:54 PM
I think the number 1 ranking is becoming somewhat irrelevant. It makes no difference to who wins a tournament. It's not like there is a Nadal or Federer on the women's tour. The men's tour and no 1 ranking has real kudos and is a real crown worth wearing - both in the eyes of the players and the public. Unfortunately the public don't give a toss who the no 1 female player is as the only players they know are Serena and Venus with some vaguely aware of Kim and Maria.

So what are you advocating? That the rankings should be based on who the general public know? :rolleyes:

Bismarck.
Sep 26th, 2010, 06:18 PM

I completely agree with this post. You can see the irrelevancy of the number one ranking through the fact that Serena and Kim, who have taken the lion's share of big titles this year, aren't prepared to travel around lots any more merely in order to inflate their rankings but to focus on events with prestige. If Kim wanted the number one spot, she would've asked for a WC into Tokyo this week:shrug:.

Donny
Sep 26th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Serena has no room for error. She's not only defending the title, but bonus points for being undefeated. Any less than perfect result at the YEC will probably not be enough.

Wozniacki is defending semifinal points. Venus is defending final points.

Lenny_DH
Sep 26th, 2010, 07:56 PM
:spit:

Oh right, you're being serious :o

Yes, I'm being serious. She didn't play the clay season this year, so she can only add points during this period next year. But you probably think her performance in Marbella was representative for how she generally performs on clay. Her RG record says otherwise...

Volcana
Sep 26th, 2010, 09:38 PM
As much as I like Serena, no player should be ranked #1 only playing six events in a year. There was a point, I think toward the end of 2003 or 2004, when Serena was #1 with only eight tournamants in 12 months. Winning slams distorts the rankings. God bless Francesca Schiavone, and her RG win was inspirational, but she's not one of the ten best female tennis players in the world, and never has been.

I'd like Wozniacki to make #1 because every 'slamless #1' moves a closer to a rational understanding of what the #1 ranking really means. Besides, Serena has enough weeks-at-#1 that another one, or another hundred, doesn't mean much.

@danieln1
Sep 27th, 2010, 02:41 AM
Serena: "Yeah I think Caro did a great job getting to number 1... she won Montreal and New Haven! :haha: :haha: :haha:"

But I donŽt think Serena would ever do that to twitter friend caroline... But after Serena said that about Dinara, she fell and is slumping...

Pops Maellard
Sep 28th, 2010, 01:20 AM
Caro's push towards the #1 ranking begins against Greta Arn today. :bounce:

pav
Sep 28th, 2010, 01:49 AM
General public would be as aware of Maria as the Willy's and Kim wouldn't be far behind, overinflated the importance of the Willys I think.

tennisbum79
Sep 28th, 2010, 02:16 AM
Caro's push towards the #1 ranking begins against Greta Arn today. :bounce:
Intended or unfortunate chocie of word:)

goat
Sep 28th, 2010, 02:48 AM
so many sexual innuendos affiliated with this title!

Pops Maellard
Sep 28th, 2010, 03:20 AM
Intended or unfortunate chocie of word:)

Unintended, but now that you point that out I'm not changing it. :D

Safe-From-Harm
Sep 28th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Me too, so JJ wouldn't be worst number 1 anymore.

Carotastrophe
Sep 28th, 2010, 11:37 AM
me too :hearts:

Pops Maellard
Oct 2nd, 2010, 07:07 AM
Only a QF appearance in Beijing stands in Caro's way for the #1 spot now.

The players in her section of the draw are mostly muppets and she has found herself in Demented's quarter again, so who knows, she could go even further and really cement her status at the very pinnacle of the game.

Mekoro
Oct 2nd, 2010, 07:09 AM
How many match there are before the quarter for her? 2 or 3?

Pops Maellard
Oct 2nd, 2010, 07:12 AM
How many match there are before the quarter for her? 2 or 3?

It would have been 3, but since she's one of the four Tokyo SFists, she gets a bye and it's 2.