PDA

View Full Version : Bine in Quebec City!

Michael!
Sep 11th, 2010, 12:08 AM
7 GOVORTSOVA, Olga BLR vs. DUBOIS, Stephanie CAN
QUALIFIER vs. LISICKI, Sabine GER

Good draw from Sabine, if she keeps improving she definetly should be able to reach QF here where Zahlavova-Strycova would wait, good chances for a big run here , good luck :)

hellas719
Sep 11th, 2010, 04:42 AM
Go Sabine! :cheer:

crazillo
Sep 11th, 2010, 08:33 AM
really good draw for Sabine, she can reach the QF here :)

matthias
Sep 11th, 2010, 06:34 PM
good chance to play a few matches in a row and get some confidence and points

DiscoStick
Sep 12th, 2010, 12:54 AM
Good draw. I think she can go deep.

Carsten
Sep 12th, 2010, 01:34 PM
not a bad draw really :D hope she can win some matches to get more and more match practice :)

But we shouldn't expect too much already ;)

Dorien.
Sep 12th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Good luck!

mk27
Sep 14th, 2010, 12:51 AM
1st round opponent is Alexa Glatch, 1st match on Tuesday

Sasja
Sep 14th, 2010, 05:11 AM
GL Sabine :cheer:

cosmoose
Sep 14th, 2010, 06:02 AM
Alexa should be fairly easy match

mk27
Sep 14th, 2010, 04:39 PM
Alexa should be fairly easy match

On fast indoor courts, Glatch is the worst possible opponent from the qualifying. Lisicki lost the 1st set and I expect a straight set loss here.

Michael!
Sep 14th, 2010, 04:51 PM
terrible, losing to Glatch, should not happen, its not like that is her first tournament since her comeback, really ,bad performance Glatch is not that bad but still, 46 03* is just bad :o

Michael!
Sep 14th, 2010, 04:59 PM
first serve was so strong in 1st set, in 2nd set she just sucks, probably again serving with no risk at all and her return game seems to be terrible today anyway...46 14* :rolleyes:

mk27
Sep 14th, 2010, 05:00 PM
The good thing is that she's now playing ITF tournaments. There she has a chance to win a few matches.

It's still a very long way for her

Michael!
Sep 14th, 2010, 05:03 PM
seems like her returns are really terrible today, even on 2nd serve from Glatch, no chance

Michael!
Sep 14th, 2010, 05:07 PM
Really annoying, one weak service game in first set was enough , only lost 5 pts on serve in first set..but well, that can be enough as we saw, main problem seems to be her return anyway, start of 2nd set was just bad in general....:rolleyes:

Michael!
Sep 14th, 2010, 05:14 PM
Glatch def. Lisicki 6/4 6/2 :help:
well, wise decision to play ITFs now, I guess :unsure:

mk27
Sep 14th, 2010, 05:20 PM
well, wise decision to play ITFs now, I guess :unsure:

We will see, maybe she has a chance to beat Mona Barthel or Sarah Gronert in Shrewsbury :unsure:

Michael!
Sep 14th, 2010, 05:27 PM
We will see, maybe she has a chance to beat Mona Barthel or Sarah Gronert in Shrewsbury :unsure:

such players she would beat, it is just that she is not consistent yet, I mean, she served great until 3-3 , then when there was a bit more pressure she immediately "sucked" , then was probably frustrated at start of 2nd set, after 0-4 her served work decent again at least..but I mean, she still moves not really well, still too careful there and that is a problem anyway, as long as she plays like that it will be difficult for her anyway, she still doesnt play at 100%, I mean, really, if you compare her serve now with her serve from NY and earlier she served better, over 90% on first serve in 1st set, that is great, but as I said, still not enough, especially on return , dont know, maybe Glatch served really well today but I guess Sabine just couldnt get her balls in..

mk27
Sep 14th, 2010, 05:34 PM
Well, we'll see if she's able to win matches in Shrewsbury. She should be seeded at 2. I don't expect her to win the title there.

http://www.itftennis.com/womens/tournaments/tournamentacceptancelist.asp?tournament=1100022571&event=&order=Position

She's now 1-4 after her comeback, ALG won 2 matches in a row for the first time after her comeback in her 7th tournament, Lisicki played now 4 tournaments after her comeback.

Michael!
Sep 14th, 2010, 05:41 PM
Field is pretty weak, she has to reach the QF there, anything else would just be shameful :tape:
But I am quite confident that she will achieve that..

crazillo
Sep 14th, 2010, 06:05 PM
wow i thought she would be back by now - probably good to go back to ITF level and come back strong in 2011!

mk27
Sep 14th, 2010, 06:25 PM
come back strong in 2011!

Maybe, but there are players like Daniilidou or Krajicek who didn't reach their old ranking after injuries.

It's a long way for Lisicki and even in 2011, she will have to play ITF tournaments. Expect for 103 points, she has all of her points to defend until Dubai in February 2011.

She should probably enter Ismaning in November and maybe National German Championships in Biberach in December.

cosmoose
Sep 14th, 2010, 06:55 PM
The good thing is that she's now playing ITF tournaments. There she has a chance to win a few matches.

It's still a very long way for her
Do you have a link for that information?
Not doubting you, just that I haven't seen Sabine say she's going to do ITFs

mk27
Sep 14th, 2010, 07:03 PM
Do you have a link for that information?
Not doubting you, just that I haven't seen Sabine say she's going to do ITFs

She's still on the entry list for Shrewsbury, but we have to wait, maybe she said something on facebook or twitter.

http://www.itftennis.com/womens/tournaments/tournamentacceptancelist.asp?tournament=1100022571&event=&order=Position

cosmoose
Sep 14th, 2010, 07:32 PM
I'm surprised Sabine chose 75K in England.
She is based in FL most of the year and there is an American 75K in New Mexico in the same week.

Dorien.
Sep 14th, 2010, 08:04 PM
Sabine :sad:

Sasja
Sep 14th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Sabine :sad: :hug:

Carsten
Sep 14th, 2010, 08:12 PM
if you compare her serve now with her serve from NY and earlier she served better, over 90% on first serve in 1st set, that is great, but as I said, still not enough, especially on return , dont know, maybe Glatch served really well today but I guess Sabine just couldnt get her balls in..

but you also cant compare the serve indoors with outdoors, it's quite obvious that she wins more points on it now.

She is based in FL most of the year and there is an American 75K in New Mexico in the same week.

Well she's also based in Berlin and I'm sure she wants to play some of the european indoor events... so it's not a bad plan I think :)

mk27
Sep 14th, 2010, 08:17 PM

Maybe she wants to play more indoor tournaments in Europe :shrug:

Michael!
Sep 14th, 2010, 08:46 PM
but you also cant compare the serve indoors with outdoors, it's quite obvious that she wins more points on it now.

yep,but it is also obvious that she took a bit more risk on her first serve, at least during 1st set, I mean, against Zvonareva she really served without risk at all....just that her return was obviously weaker than against Zvonareva, and you cant compare states with the Vandeweghe anyway, as the American was just horrible :tape:

Rovegun
Sep 14th, 2010, 11:29 PM
the comeback is very very hard... good luck!!

cosmoose
Sep 15th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Someone in GM said that Sabine was told 30 minutes before the match that her grandmother passed away.

If true, I'm sure playing tennis was not in her mind. :sad:

Michael!
Sep 15th, 2010, 11:13 AM
^^ It is true

Sabine Lisicki It is a very sad time for me and my family. My much loved grandmother passed away on tuesday. We will now get back to Europe as quick as possible.

Probably no ITF now next week, which is understandable, tennis is not important that much right now probably , should take some time off and then come back, dont know where she is supposed to play then.. but now we know why she wasnt that good yesterday...

mk27
Sep 15th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Very sad for her :sad:
The loss is clearly understandable under these circumstances :hug:

kirivanovic
Sep 15th, 2010, 11:57 AM
She shouldn't have played knowing that she would have to come back to Germany (or Poland) asap. Anyway, she was really brave to play:sad:. She should have been told that after the match also...

crazillo
Sep 15th, 2010, 10:31 PM
reminds me of the sanchez seles final in RG...

HowardH
Sep 15th, 2010, 11:07 PM
Sabine :awww: :hug:.

hellas719
Sep 16th, 2010, 02:10 AM
Sabine :sobbing:

CillyUltra
Sep 17th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Maybe he :dog: can cheer her up a little bit :hug:

DiscoStick
Sep 19th, 2010, 01:52 PM
My condolences to Sabine and her family.

hellas719
Sep 21st, 2010, 01:48 AM
^You're German and you have Spain in your avatar :eek:. But Spain beat Germany in the SF...

It's like me putting Argentina or South Korea in my avatar :lol:

OT: I love watching Germany's football games :hearts:. They are so exciting :cool:. So many goals. They're really fun to watch. I hope Klose sticks around for 2014 so he can break a record :D. Also they are like my favorite sports team, the Greek national basketball team. Greece usually reaches SF/F, but doesn't win a lot of titles. Like Germany. In our last three EuroBasket's we reached the SF or better. In our last three World Championships (not including this one in Turkey where we played without many of our stars and had the crowd against us in every game and had a terrible draw), we reached SF or better. We are ranked 4th in the FIBA rankings also...And our team (like the German football team) is VERY exciting to watch. We have played in so many great games over the years. So many classic games. The game where we beat France in the 2005 EuroBasket SF with a buzzer shot, the game where we beat Slovenia in the 2007 EuroBasket QF despite being down by sooo many points, and just making endless three pointers in the last two minutes, the game where we shocked the world in the 2006 World Championships SF where we beat USA, the game in the 2009 EuroBasket QF where we beat Turkey in overtime, the games in the 2006 World Championship group stage that we almost lost against Australia and Turkey, etc. :hearts:

Anyways, Germany has had many exciting games too, like the 3rd place game in the World Cup this year against Uruguay, the SF in Euro 2008 against Turkey, etc. :)