PDA

View Full Version : Big West - news 2010-11

gouci
Sep 10th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Started to talk about rankings, predictions, analysis, players and news in general relating to the Big West Conference. :bounce:

gouci
Sep 10th, 2010, 06:43 PM
This UCI player from Germany has forced me to learn about the German Tennis Federation rankings which is written in German. :help:

- A German to English translation website was invaluable. :worship:

Rangliste = rankings
Damen = women
Datum = date

That's all I pretty much needed to know to find the current and past German rankings! :lol:

- Some interesting notes I found. Mucki is from the club TC Schoenberg, the same club as Hawaii's former #1 Ellen Linsenbolz.

- Mucki's Under 21 ranking was about the same as Nebraska's #5 singles Janine Weinreich. Weinreich defeated Long Beach St.'s Sarah Cantlay last season.

- Mucki's highest Under 21 ranking was better than the highest ranking of both Pacific's #3 singles Julia Hansen and #2 singles Christina Goehl. That's encouraging. Now it's more clear why UCI is taking a chance on her.

- Germany Under 18 girls ranking for 10/2007

13. Marlen Mesgarzadeh - #2 William & Mary
14. Julia Wais - #2 San Diego St.
22. Mucki - UC Irvine freshman
23. Julia Hansen - #3 Pacific
27. Frederike Putthoff - Nebraska freshman
38. Maike Zeppernick - Nebraska freshman
42. Laura Claus - #2 San Diego
43. Janine Weinreich - #5 Nebraska
53. Carla Lindlar - #6 Baylor
81. Maria Pistalu - #6 CS Northridge

gouci
Sep 10th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Singles

60. Jennifer Widjaja - Pacific

91. Stephanie Hammel - UC Irvine

100. Jaklin Alawi - Long Beach St.

110. Tova Hausman - UC Santa Barbara

gouci
Sep 11th, 2010, 12:12 AM
Form you sound confused so let me set you straight! :kiss:

Your # 2 team (also getting smoked at Big West but managed to avoid the decision in finalLong Beach St. #2 doubles was only ahead 7-6 vs Byron/Smith when the match was stopped. No one else here would call that score "getting smoked". :lol:

you probably drop both doubles points vs Pacific and UCSB also. Then you finish tied for 5th instead of cheating your way to a tainted title.UCI swept Long Beach St. 4-0 in singles and would have taken 4 singles from Pacific regardless of how the doubles went.

Against UCSB Byron/Smith defeated their best doubles team of Lozano/Dockendorf which had played 16 matches at #1 doubles. So even if Byron/Smith played #1 they would have defeated the lesser UCSB team at #1. UCI still wins the doubles point.

And that's before all three teams scream about your slot machine at # 3 to stack the singles line up. Be proud, very proud.
1. The conference officials approved UCI's line-up ahead of time so it wasn't ruled a stack.

2. In college tennis if you think there's cheating you file a protest. The ITA will serve as judge and jury and decide if cheating occurred or not. Their ruling is final and ends any further debate on the matter. In UCI's case a protest was filed. The ruling was in UCI's favor and no penalties assessed. End of story and debate.

3. I AM PROUD, very proud that's why it's on my signature. Form you can be bitter for the rest of your life because no one can ever take away that 2010 Big West Tourney title from UCI. Unlike when Reggie Bush is stripped of his Heisman. :happy:

form
Sep 11th, 2010, 12:38 AM
This UCI player from Germany has forced me to learn about the German Tennis Federation rankings which is written in German. :help:

- A German to English translation website was invaluable. :worship:

Rangliste = rankings
Damen = women
Datum = date

That's all I pretty much needed to know to find the current and past German rankings! :lol:

- Some interesting notes I found. Mucki is from the club TC Schoenberg, the same club as Hawaii's former #1 Ellen Linsenbolz.

- Mucki's Under 21 ranking was about the same as Nebraska's #5 singles Janine Weinreich. Weinreich defeated Long Beach St.'s Sarah Cantlay last season.

- Mucki's highest Under 21 ranking was better than the highest ranking of both Pacific's #3 singles Julia Hansen and #2 singles Christina Goehl. That's encouraging. Now it's more clear why UCI is taking a chance on her.

- Germany Under 18 girls ranking for 10/2007

13. Marlen Mesgarzadeh - #2 William & Mary
14. Julia Wais - #2 San Diego St.
22. Mucki - UC Irvine freshman
23. Julia Hansen - #3 Pacific
27. Frederike Putthoff - Nebraska freshman
38. Maike Zeppernick - Nebraska freshman
42. Laura Claus - #2 San Diego
43. Janine Weinreich - #5 Nebraska
53. Carla Lindlar - #6 Baylor
81. Maria Pistalu - #6 CS Northridge

Our little game player likes to goof around with German spellings (often with or without 'e' in the player or club name

Fransiska Goettshing (Gottshing on German list)... currently # 61 in Germany... age 20

Welcome to America Mucki.... and stay out of the UCI library as Gouci once stalked one of your teammates there

gouci
Sep 11th, 2010, 04:59 AM
... and 99% of her results are from clay court.Form you make a great point. In Germany they play a lot on clay and indoor courts. So how Mucki will do on hard courts is uncertain. :confused:

And I am ecstatic that you can now list a ch'EATER on your 21 and over list... she turns 21 during her freshman year!!!!!
Sorry to disappoint you but my cut-off date has always been May. Tennis season is over by June. Even Chelsey Gullickson won the NCAA singles title in May. I consider Mucki a 21 year old sophomore but I don't keep track of those. :lol:

...and insert her high in the line up and slide the ladder down anyway.When I saw Mucki's doubles record I predicted to myself Stephanie Hammel and Mucki may become UCI's #1 doubles team. Byron/ Smith may be #2 and Holladay, Kwan or Schweyer may be the #3. I think Byron/Smith playing the Riviera instead of Hammel/Byron, who reached the finals of the regionals last season, may support my prediction.

gouci
Our little game player likes to goof around with German spellings (often with or without 'e' in the player or club nameForm I imagined you doing a search for Gottsching on the ITF or WTA rankings site and coming up empty handed.

Form you're not the sharpest tool in the shed. Remember when you couldn't find Margarita Spicin. :help:

Since I revealed M.S. last played in 2008-09 and her team was ranked in the top 55 when she played, why are you still looking at the teams ranked in the top 60 at the end of 2009-10 instead of 2008-09???

So I decided to help you out with my hint by spelling it how it's found in the ITF & WTA rankings page under Goettsching (http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/players/player.asp?player=100083804).

For Your Info: In German the "o with 2 dots above it" translates to "oe" in English. :lol:

So Christina Gohl = Goehl.
Gottsching = Goettsching
TC Schonberg = TC Schoenberg

Fransiska Goettshing (Gottshing on German list)...
Even with my help you still don't have the name right. :cuckoo:

It's Franziska with a "z" not s.
And Goettsching with a "c" before the h.

gouci
By the way... Mucki is a nice looking girl. You likely will be stalking her in the library too.
Welcome to America Mucki.... and stay out of the UCI library as Gouci once stalked one of your teammates thereForm now you're just hating on me with hurtful lies. :sad:

Let me share with you some wisdom.

When I squeeze an orange, orange juice comes out. Why? Because that's what's inside.

When I squeeze you Form, pettiness & bitterness & hatred comes out. Why? Because that's what's inside.

Even though I'm doing the squeezing, I have no control of what comes out. So don't blame me for the pettiness & bitterness & hatred that comes out of you. What comes out is what's inside. Only you can change what's inside of yourself. :angel:

gouci
Sep 23rd, 2010, 04:52 AM
You just noticed about Bartlett today?

Bartlett went missing before Bisharat did. :o

gouci
Sep 23rd, 2010, 06:37 PM
Is is me or has # 4 Bartlett (really # 5) gone missing from UCI roster prior to graduating?

A new player was at the UCI courts. :tape:

The UCI roster will be adding 1 more later. ;)

gouci
Sep 24th, 2010, 12:20 AM
I had heard from a booster that LB was approached by several big time options this summer (no names given but high quality looking late like SH so I assume was one of them)... but obviously LB had no availables this season. Aargh... where were those girls last summer? :banghead: Timing, timing, timing....Form thoughts of WHAT IF LBS only had a scholarship to give must have crossed your mind. Maybe you even dreamed about :zzz: potentially hosting a regional this season with a big summer pick-up bumping Rocky down to #6.

tennisbuddy12
Sep 24th, 2010, 01:06 AM
Hoffpauir at UCI?? Wow! I was told she turned pro...she will get playing time now :lol:

gouci
Sep 29th, 2010, 01:51 AM
One of the world's most famous athletes trains at UC Irvine in the off season. I'm sure even Mucki from overseas in Germany has heard of him.

UCI student-athletes have Q&A with NBA star. (http://www.ucirvinesports.com/sports/w-tennis/spec-rel/092810aab.html)

Just a perk of playing for UCI (http://www.ucirvinesports.com/sports/w-tennis/ucir-w-tennis-body.html). :drool:

gouci
Sep 29th, 2010, 07:39 PM
UCSB may have their best team ever next season. :armed:

They return Sofia Novak, Jill Damion?, Natalia Lozano, Annabel Gledden and Jordan Dockendorf.

Plus they just picked up 5 stars to be April Scatliffe and Paola Cos. :worship:

gouci
Oct 4th, 2010, 08:43 PM
Form congrats on Long Beach St.'s new player commitment and Deborah Armstrong's replacement.

Kouyoumjian is currently ranked #303 on TRN and dropping. I wonder if that's the lowest ranked project player Long Beach St. has ever taken in. :lol:

gouci
Oct 4th, 2010, 11:56 PM
obviously had higher rank a year ago and still MUCH betr rank than some cheaters. Form in order for me to respond you have to post names otherwise I don't know who you're talking about? :confused:

obviously u assume she is on ride
It's only a natural assumption because LBS hasn't carried a walk-on in years since that failed project with Nina Burgoon. :lol:

I was going to ask why Michaela Meszarosova didn't make the cut. But if KK is a walk-on then my suggestion player may still have a shot. :bounce:

gouci
Oct 5th, 2010, 05:07 AM
obviously had higher rank a year ago and still MUCH betr rank than some cheaters.
Form so you're saying Kouyoumjian had a better ranking than Hammel? Let's take a look at the facts and not rely on your faulty recollections.

Stephanie Hammel's TRN rankings
HS senior = 36
HS junior = 39
HS soph. = 29

Kouyoumjian's TRN rankings
HS senior = (303)
HS junior = 92
HS soph. = 38

Form this reminds me of when you accused UCI of stacking Amy Trankino at #1 and I had to correct you by posting the truth that Trankino NEVER played #1 at UCI. :lol:

Form to be honest I was kinda hoping UCI could pickup Kouyoumjian as a walk-on a while back until I saw her USTA record. In the last year Kouyoumjian has quit 6 tournaments. I don't think I've ever seen a player quit so many times (http://tennislink.usta.com/Tournaments/Rankings/PlayerRecords.aspx?id=797672&p=219). :o

UCI has warriors like Stephanie Hammel :worship: who would rather play Deborah Armstrong to an unfinished stalemate on 1 hand rather than quit. :drool:

In the future maybe if Kouyoumjian is playing against UCI in the finals of the Big West Tourney I wouldn't mind if Kouyoumjian decides to call it quits once again. :happy:

RobertCB
Oct 5th, 2010, 06:13 AM
I guess gouci just substituted "some" with "all" and went from there. Only in a cheater's world could you make that inference and waste board members time with a BS comparison, LBSU's potential walk-on with UCI's best returning player. Geez, maybe that is a legit comparison and reflects both program's talent level.

gouci
Oct 5th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Hey Robert I loved the championship photos you took for the Big West of both the UCI men's and women's tennis team. If Form had to take those photos he probably would have "pulled a Kouyoumjian" and quit as photographer. :happy:

gouci
Oct 7th, 2010, 10:38 AM
UCSB may have their best team ever next season. :armed:
UCSB may have their best team this 2010-11 season. :bounce:

Michelle Murphy is on the UCSB roster and so is early HS grad 5 star Paola Cos. This is a huge development. :eek:

Malenovska isn't playing against UCI & UCSB regular season. Long Beach St. might end up the #2 or #3 seed and have to go through very tough UCSB in the BWT semis? :lol:

Malenovska vs Novak
Alawi vs Damon
Dallara vs Lozano
Armstrong vs Hausman
Manasse vs Cos
Jeczmionka vs Murphy

Wouldn't it be a great story if UCI and UCSB met in the finals of the Big West Tournament with UCSB getting their shot at revenge vs UCI. In this scenario UCSB will be very motivated to beat anyone standing in the way like LBS in order to play UCI. :happy:

2nd_serve
Oct 11th, 2010, 05:04 AM
UC Davis had good results at the Saint Mary's tournament. Zamudio, Edles, and Curry all had good results, with the final of White draw being between two UC Davis players. And while the freshmen did not blow players away, they are considered a strong recruiting class by tennisrecruiting. They may have gotten the first tournament nerves out.

fantic
Nov 14th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Brook Doane of CSN beat Colffer and Landsman to reach the final of CSN invite.

gouci
Dec 3rd, 2010, 06:28 PM
Big West considering adding Hawaii, UC San Diego (Div. 2) and Cal St. Bakersfield.

Big West commissioner Dennis Farrell said UH was one of three schools that submitted information to be considered for membership by yesterday's deadline. He said the other two were Cal State Bakersfield and UC San Diego.

The Big West Council is scheduled to meet Dec. 8 to review the files and may make a recommendation to the board of directors at that time.

Star Advertiser article (http://www.staradvertiser.com/sports/sportsnews/20101202_UH_could_be_in_MWC_by_Christmas.html)

Hawaii's top 3 did pretty well against Stanford in a 11/24/10 exibition.

1. No. 21 Mallory Burdette def. Barbara Pinterova 6-1, 4-6, 6-4
2. Kristie Ahn def. Magdalena Ploch 6-0, 4-6, 6-2
3. Nicole Gibbs def. Katarina Poljakova 6-3, 6-3

- Add 5 star Jaime Pawid to that line-up next season and Hawaii has a strong 1-4 singles.
- But Pinterova and Ploch graduates before Hawaii can join the Big West in 2012-13.
- However Jamie Pawid may be a contender for the Big West NCAA singles auto bid for 3 years.

- UCSD last season was ranked in the top 15 of Div. 2 in women's tennis.
- IMO it will just take a short time until UCSD surpasses CSF & UCR in women's tennis if they are added to the Big West.
- UCSD would even give UCI some competition for San Diego recruits.

I say add both Hawaii and UCSD. :hearts:

gouci
Dec 3rd, 2010, 08:35 PM
- Hawaii w. tennis also needs to work on retaining their players. I thought Ellen Linsenbolz (#1 singles) and Maraike Biglmaier (WTA 694) were going to be big additions for Hawaii but they only lasted less than a season.

- I was surprised that the unidentified team was not San Jose St. or Sac. St.

- If SJS told the WAC they were sending all other sports to the Big West the WAC can't really say no. The WAC is down to 7 football teams with 8 being needed to remain a football conference.

- Sac. St. might have tried to get the same deal as Cal Poly and UC Davis as football only in the Big Sky and all other sports to the Big West.

- With SJS & Sac. St. NOT EVEN EXPLORING the Big West option that makes me view their leadership as being reactive instead of proactive. If that's the case their programs aren't getting better anytime soon and its probably better they stay out of the Big West.

- I would have voted no for SJS but maybe yes for Sac. St. They have a good men's soccer, plus men & women's tennis program. Maybe Big West tennis might have had the potential to send 3 teams to the NCAAs with the addition of Sac. St. :lol:

- In the future when the landscape quakes again because of football realignment I see UCSD as insurance. On the remote chance the football schools Cal Poly, UCD & Hawaii leave the Big West, UCSD will keep the membership at 8 saving the hoops auto bid without having to add Bakersfield out of desperation.

gouci
Dec 10th, 2010, 11:22 PM
And I was about to congratulate LBS tennis :kiss: for finally being able to take a trip to Hawaii.

So only the 7 Big West priority sports will be required to play Hawaii in round robin conference games during the regular season.

Teams like UCI, UCSB, CSUN and Cal Poly that have taken trips to Hawaii already will probably have an excuse to visit Hawaii every other year. They will be able to use going to Hawaii to help their recruiting.

Hawaii usually plays 4 or more WAC teams on their schedule. I bet all these teams will be replaced by Big West teams. Hawaii will fly to CA to play the Big West teams. So if Big West teams have to pay their own way to Hawaii :help: then LBS/UCR/CSF will probably not be taking a trip to the islands anytime soon. :lol:

Maybe UCI & LBS can cut out UCR and CSF from the schedule :devil: and line up 2 more home matches against teams ranked in the 50-75 range.

The regular season tennis champion was only used for seeding and Commissioner Cup points. The BWT title had always been the coveted prize and from that standpoint not much has changed.

gouci
Dec 11th, 2010, 02:36 AM
Before you ever noticed tennis existed, LB was there in Hawaii in 2004 (and 97).
Was the internet around in 97? Trying to follow college tennis before the internet must have been tough. :lol:

3 main sites allow me to follow tennis daily. TRN, this one and CTO/ITA. In 2004 I probably didn't frequent any of these 3 sites so you're right about not noticing tennis back then.

However, maybe one positive from eliminating league mandatory scheduling is that a team could stop playing unethical programs?
But the NCAA sanctioned & wins vacated USC is in the Pac 10! ;)

One last thing. Hey Form what did you hear about why UCSD didn't make it in?

gouci
Jan 24th, 2011, 09:38 AM
This chat is tired of both of us.... let me close with:
• You have not and cannot defend the actions of your coach... he withheld the truth (lied) about Hammel's injury to stack her at # 3 and slide the line up down. He had actually submitted her at # 2 I am told but they moved her to three only after he admitted she was not better than Bisharat at that time. HOW ABOUT EVERYBODY ELSE IN THE LINE UP?

When a team feels another team stacked their line-up and should be disqualified the avenue available to them is to file a protest. A protest was filed against UCI, officials reviewed the case and ruled in UCI's favor. So Form can not argue that UCI should have been disqualified for stacking because the protest recourse was given its due process.

Maybe Form thinks Stephanie Hammel shouldn't have been allowed to play at #3 with a brace.

So let's play WHAT IF Hammel played #6 singles or didn't play at all. :bounce:

Long Beach St. wins doubles point - no change

1. Byron (UCI) def. Alawi - no change

2. Bisharat(UCI) def. Dallara - no change

3. Bartlett(UCI) def. Armstrong
Even Form wouldn't be dumb enough to argue Armstrong would have beaten Bartlett after Armstrong was playing so badly that particular day she couldn't even beat Hammel, who was playing courageously with her forehand tied behind her back. Plus Bartlett was on the way to beating Armstrong in straight sets the previous year in the Big West Tournament Finals before the match was stopped unfinished.

4. Kwan (UCI) vs Manasse - toss up

5. Smith (UCI) def. Jeczmionka
If Kwan easily def. Jeczmionka 6-3,6-2, Smith would have beaten her too.

6. Cantlay (LBS) vs Hammel or Holladay
Just for arguement's sake I'll give this to LBS.

None of Form's whining points changes the fact UCI defeated LBS on the tennis court. But I concede that if Stephanie Hammel had played #6 singles or not played in the line-up at all UCI would have probably defeated Long Beach St. 4-2 instead of 4-1. THERE Form you should be happy now and we can put this issue to rest. :kiss:

RobertCB
Jan 26th, 2011, 03:21 AM
Come on gouci, we all know that Rachel, Sarah, and Debs would have won giving the match to LBSU :).

Now it is a new season and I am looking forward to this year's conference matches. Do you want to make a bet on who wins the conference this year gouci? I take the photos again if UCI wins but you have to sing the LBSU fight song as I photograph the LBSU team if they win. I know you will be there, I just hope you have a good voice :lol:.

gouci
Jan 26th, 2011, 04:17 AM
Do you want to make a bet on who wins the conference this year gouci? I take the photos again if UCI wins but you have to sing the LBSU fight song as I photograph the LBSU team if they win.
Too late Rob. :o I might have taken that bet shortly after Form posted Stephanie Hoffpauir transferred to UCI. :bounce: But the truth comes out that Hoffpauir went to San Diego and what Form told you, Beachman and everyone on this board turned out to be a lie. Maybe that's why Form deleted that post.

gouci
Jan 26th, 2011, 04:35 AM
Rob did you take any pictures of UCI men's basketball beating Long Beach St. this weekend? I would love to see pictures of the UCI students storming the court after the huge victory.

On 2nd thought never mind. The Bren was sold out so you probably weren't able to buy a ticket and take pictures. ;)

RobertCB
Jan 26th, 2011, 04:49 AM
I bought a ticket and watched the game from the stands. Funny thing is, when LBSU beats UCI the LB students do not feel the need to storm the court, but then again a win against UCI is not the same as a win against LBSU. As an example, I know of a coach that went to great lengths to secure that elusive win against The Beach, soiling his reputation in the process ;).

gouci
Jan 26th, 2011, 04:17 PM
A LBS basketball player raises his hand falsely claiming the foul to keep star teammate Larry Anderson from fouling out.
Is that a lie? Yes.
But I see that as gamesmanship and no big deal.
Form however would call the basketball player a cheat and unethical liar for the rest of his life.

A wide receiver has the ball bounce on the ground into his hands but tries to sell it as a catch to the referee.
Is that a lie? Yes.
Form however would call the football player a cheat and unethical liar for the rest of his life.

Derek Jeter is missed by a pitch but he pretends to be hit by the ball in order to draw a walk.
Is that a lie? Yes.
Form however would call the baseball player a cheat and unethical liar for the rest of his life.

A soccer player flops to the ground trying to get the referee to pull out a yellow card on the opponent.
Is that a lie? Yes.
Form however would call the soccer player a cheat and unethical liar for the rest of his life.

Like being a felon, once a ch'EATER... he will always be a ch'EATER. :eek: What kills him/you is that other coaches in BW and back east know what he did. It just took some time to catch it since college tennis isn't exactly like men's hoops instantly on ESPN. But it's been exposed.

Form why are YOU so angry :shout: and ridiculously obsessed over the UCI coach getting away with a little gamesmanship at best?

Form buddy your level of obsession is amusing :lol: and kind of disturbing too.

Form one time you compared a little gamesmanship the UCI coach may have gotten away with to the double murder you thought OJ Simpson got away with and Form you really meant it too. :scared::scared::scared:

RobertCB
Jan 26th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Based on the comparisons you are making I am starting to question your ethical makeup.

Anyway, since you are the UCI expert on this forum, what line up do you expect to see 1-6 when the season starts.

fantic
Jan 26th, 2011, 10:27 PM
Kwan beat SW R quarterfinalist Kim Stubbe (UA), So I won't be surprised if she plays at upper positions. But I guess Byron will play #1 (had a nice game against Lacey Smyth at UCI Invite, won a set). Of Hammel dunno, she didn't play at all during the fall, if I remember correctly.

RobertCB
Jan 27th, 2011, 10:34 PM
Since gouci, the UCI expert, will not post a proposed opening day roster I will give it a shot.

1 Hammel
2 Byron
3 Smith
4 Kwan
5 Franziska
6 Holladay

Since UCI has a match Saturday, we will not have to wait long to see where I went wrong :).

RobertCB
Jan 28th, 2011, 06:20 AM
Come on gouci, I am really interested in your lineup so let me help you with a little exercise. Close your eyes, take a deep breath, and image my previous posts were made by form.... now open your eyes and start typing :) :bounce:

fantic
Feb 15th, 2011, 07:06 AM
Alexa Lee is a favorite to be the best player of the Big West this year. SO good. :)

beachman49
Feb 15th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Alexa Lee is a favorite to be the best player of the Big West this year. SO good. :)

The professional at UOP is a senior and still playing this year.

fantic
Feb 15th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Widjaja? I'm not sure I've seen her play..but if I did, wasn't much impressed, I think :scratch:

Alaskan
Feb 16th, 2011, 03:18 AM
I think that GoUCI is still trying to figure out what is going on at his beloved UCI....from their women's VB program meltdown to the fact that their women's tennis coach got reprimanded by the other BWC Coaches during their pre-season conference call.....no more ability to stack his line-up and then have a vote on it when it is challenged by the other coaches, or better yet have the coach as the school WHERE HIS DAUGHTER PLAYS, vote as well....a little conflict there don't ya think.....

2nd_serve
Feb 22nd, 2011, 02:00 AM
UC Davis 5, UCI 2
Doubles

1. Chui/Heneghan (UC Davis) def. Holladay/Kwan (UCI) 8-2

2. Byron/Smith (UCI) def. Curry/Edles (UC Davis) 8-2

3. Koehly/Zamudio (UC Davis) def. Schweyer/M. Young (UCI) 8-6

Singles

1. Megan Heneghan (UC Davis) def. Courtney Byron (UCI) 6-3, 6-3

2. Dahra Zamudio (UC Davis) def. Becka Kwan (UCI) 7-6, 6-2

3. Kristina Smith (UCI) def. Ellie Edles (UC Davis) 6-4, 6-1

4. Franziska Goettsching (UCI) def. Nicole Koehly (UC Davis) 3-6, 0-3 ret. due to injury

5. Kelly Chui (UC Davis) def. Brooke Schweyer (UCI) 6-1, 6-1

fantic
Feb 22nd, 2011, 04:35 AM
forgot to mention Katie Le of Santa Clara, she actually beat Widjaja :eek:

She's on 11 winning streak, and had 7 games against Gibbs.

That's just... TREMENDOUS :scared: