PDA

View Full Version : Who is Steffi Graff??

daze11
Sep 7th, 2010, 02:31 PM
I keep seeing Steffi's name written as Graff.... and it's not like Kelly at the checkout counter at Kmart is spelling it that way, it's done by tennis fanatics on tennis pages.

Does anyone know where that is coming from?? Was there ever a Steffi Graff who also played, and maybe I missed those occasions when she was on TV, failing to recognize her existence? ...she must be out there somewhere.

irma
Sep 7th, 2010, 03:34 PM
She lives in woulda, coulda, shoulda world and never won a match (at least not an important one). It's a paradise for some I heard :p

daze11
Sep 7th, 2010, 03:39 PM
She lives in woulda, coulda, shoulda world and never won a match (at least not an important one). It's a paradise for some I heard :p
:lol: then she must be the evil fembot Steffi!!!!! Woulda coulda shoulda-ing!!!!!!

Maybe she is with Chris Everett & Margaret Quart.

Chrissie-fan
Sep 7th, 2010, 04:37 PM
I keep seeing Steffi's name written as Graff.... and it's not like Kelly at the checkout counter at Kmart is spelling it that way, it's done by tennis fanatics on tennis pages.

Does anyone know where that is coming from?? Was there ever a Steffi Graff who also played, and maybe I missed those occasions when she was on TV, failing to recognize her existence? ...she must be out there somewhere.
Who knows what goes on in some people's minds? I once met a guy (and I swear that I'm not kidding you) who thought that the Rolling Stones are a soccer team from England. After that nothing surprises me anymore.

Sumarokov-Elston
Sep 7th, 2010, 07:50 PM
But surely that is what Chris was referring to when she always used to talk about "the Steffi Grafs".

She was really meaning Steffi Graf, Steffi Graff, would-be Stephi Graf (Stephanie Rehe, who was dating her brother Michael Graf) and all the "millions of girls just like her in America" mentioned by the inimitable Tracy "Awesome" Austin.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

samn
Sep 7th, 2010, 08:10 PM
But surely that is what Chris was referring to when she always used to talk about "the Steffi Grafs".

She was really meaning Steffi Graf, Steffi Graff, would-be Stephi Graf (Stephanie Rehe, who was dating her brother Michael Graf) and all the "millions of girls just like her in America" mentioned by the inimitable Tracy "Awesome" Austin.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And maybe also the other Steffi Graf

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephanie_Graf

;)

Seleção82
Sep 7th, 2010, 08:31 PM

Yo. I don't get it either. :shrug:

DennisFitz
Sep 8th, 2010, 06:14 AM

Kelly at the Kmart checkout counter gets around. And I heard she isn't a good speller! ;)

Then again maybe these are German fanatics, remembering the great Eva Pfaff, who had two f's at the end of her name!