PDA

View Full Version : when do you think maria's dfs issue will stop?

slamchamp
Sep 6th, 2010, 09:58 PM
Never? Sometime?? The serve is not a weapon anymore, sorry. Hitting 3 in a row, etc..
I think she should hire Lansdrop he was the one that created her groundies..Joyce is shit, I'm sorry.
And yes I'm mad, Masha losing in 2 against wozniacki?:help:

swissmr
Sep 6th, 2010, 10:04 PM
The sad thing is she can serve like a GOAT against scrubs.

Mashabator
Sep 6th, 2010, 10:05 PM
i thought she had gotten rid of it till today :o

slamchamp
Sep 6th, 2010, 10:06 PM
that's what's frustrating..in birmingham she was goat and faces na and serves like 7 dfs and 1 ace:o Also against Serena, Justine, Kim, now Woz

slamchamp
Sep 6th, 2010, 10:06 PM
maybe she does have to shorten her toss

Marilyn Monheaux
Sep 6th, 2010, 10:09 PM
maybe she does have to shorten her toss

Not gonna happen. She wants to play tennis with Jesus, remember?:rolls:

StrippedToBasics
Sep 6th, 2010, 10:10 PM
Everyone has been saying Maria's toss is too damn high, and I don't know if I was seeing things but when Maria was 0-40 down on her own serve, the balltosses of the next 3 serves were significantly lower and those were some kick-ass serves

gc-spurs
Sep 6th, 2010, 10:24 PM
The sad thing is she can serve like a GOAT against scrubs.

that's what's frustrating..in birmingham she was goat and faces na and serves like 7 dfs and 1 ace:o Also against Serena, Justine, Kim, now Woz

Mental problems much? When she plays against decent players when just goes for the biggest serves with no margin for error and just ends up landing them at the baseline.

domon17th
Sep 7th, 2010, 01:17 AM
It's all mental, unfortunately

~MashyOwnThemAll
Sep 7th, 2010, 01:21 AM
never :sad:

Masha :hug:

Sharapower
Sep 7th, 2010, 05:08 AM
The DF's will go away if/when Maria manages to get back into the top 8. Right now she knows she's ACTUALLY the 17th player in the world so when she's faced to a top player she's in with an underdog mentality and it doesn't really suit her character.
She needs more wins in minor tournaments, improving her ranking. For now, it would be an outlier if she got in the last 4 of a major. Got to be one step at a time.

Sp!ffy
Sep 7th, 2010, 05:27 AM
When she gets a real coach.

Mrs. Dimitrova
Sep 7th, 2010, 09:52 AM
It's all mental. As you can see when she plays lower ranked players, her serve is great. She's not as mentally strong as some people make her out to be, in my opinion.

Reptilia
Sep 7th, 2010, 09:57 AM
Completely agree. She has folded mentally (and tactically) in every grand slam loss this year.

Feyd
Sep 7th, 2010, 10:17 AM
She returned way early last year. If she had not experimented with that abbreviated motion, she would not have damaged her confidence.

Maria rocks
Sep 9th, 2010, 07:48 AM
When she gets a real coach.

Agreed!!! What happened to her father? she was much better when he used to be there.
It breaks my heart to see Maria how she is at the moment. You could see in her eyes the other night how much she wanted it but there is something not right in her game at the moment. Still hopefully fingers crossed nect year will be Maria's year. Im sick of people wetting theirselves over Wozniacki as on Maria's day she is 1 million times better than Wozniacki and more!!

ideoxo
Sep 9th, 2010, 11:28 AM
I know what you mean and I agree those DF she loves to give need to go away but it's all mental you can see she DF three times in a row and then the next time she has to serve she will probaly hit 3 good first serves it's part of her timing now :lol: but we have to admit she was serving pretty well in Cincinnati so let's not focus on this match against Woz because overall the serve was fine and after losing the first set against Groth, she didn't lose her serve once until against Woz where she basically gave her the break.
The worrying part is that there is always a moment where she will lose he rythm on her serve this thing need to go away but I do believe Maria needds to play more matches to get rid off it.