PDA

View Full Version : The 2010 going away party (End of the year thread)!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

InsideOut.
Nov 6th, 2010, 10:44 AM
I'm awfully worried for this match :sobbing:

jelenacg
Nov 6th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Me too ! I really don`t like Kleybanova

From twitter
tennis_updates
The birthday girl will have a Bali-style birthday party tonight. She's gonna wear Balinese.

And when is she going to rest? :rolleyes:
She has a final to play tomorrow you know .This better be something quick :o

gaviotabr
Nov 6th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Me too ! I really don`t like Kleybanova

I'm also so worried.. :sobbing:

From twitter

And when is she going to rest? :rolleyes:
She has a final to play tomorrow you know .This better be something quick :o

Oh come on.. leave the party for after you win the final Ana!! Then you can celebrate your birthday and the title. Need to get every once of rest now and focus on tomorrow's match.

gaviotabr
Nov 6th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Quotes like this scare me out even more for tomorrow.. :sobbing:

“It was a very tough match, mentally and physically,” said Ana. “It was so intense. I managed to stay strong and I’m just very happy that I made it.

Ana needs to be very focused tomorrow.. and fight her heart out. I hope she doesn't go out there looking exhausted and doesn't even try.. This is the last match of the season, she needs to give it her all.

gaviotabr
Nov 6th, 2010, 12:22 PM
Did anyone watch Kleybs match? I went to sleep.. Is she playing that well? :sobbing:

I really want Ana to win tomorrow! Win, Ana, win!

Davodus
Nov 6th, 2010, 12:27 PM
I didn't watch, but I know Daniela is really not in good form, she is returning like Safarova :p so whatever, Ana knows what she has to do to beat Kleybanova, and I think the fact that they have played so many times this year will help Ana, she knows the dangers, and she knows the right tactics...so hopefully she is well focussed on winning!

McPie
Nov 6th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Did anyone watch Kleybs match? I went to sleep.. Is she playing that well? :sobbing:

she will, I believe ;)

but I'm afraid that it will be 2-1 :haha:

jelenacg
Nov 6th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Oh come on.. leave the party for after you win the final Ana!! Then you can celebrate your birthday and the title. Need to get every once of rest now and focus on tomorrow's match.

I don`t think it`s Ana who is `organizing` this party :lol:
Just make it quick so Ana can rest :o

I didn`t watch it but i imagine Dani was just being Dani
She was 3-1 up only to lose the next 8 games :tape::o

gaviotabr
Nov 6th, 2010, 01:10 PM
WTATour WTA Tour
Ana's birthday celebration at #WTABali. Said she's looking forward to the next year. http://plixi.com/p/55303531
10 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Ana should be resting now.. :o

azdaja
Nov 6th, 2010, 01:19 PM
i don't know if this celebration is more tiring than many other off-court activities ana has to do whenever she plays a tournament :srug: but yeah, it was a tiring match today and she should be resting for tomorrow. other than that i think she should win tomorrow.

jelenacg
Nov 6th, 2010, 01:21 PM

I agree :rolleyes: But we are probably exaggerating like always
Ana looks good and i need better picture of that cake :lol:

hellas719
Nov 6th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Ana :bigclap:

gaviotabr
Nov 6th, 2010, 01:53 PM
I don`t think it`s Ana who is `organizing` this party :lol:
Just make it quick so Ana can rest :o

It was not Ana organizing it, but her management certainly agreed on it. They shouldn't.. she should have been focusing on the next match and resting. The WTA post says she sais she is looking fowards to next year.. what about tomorrow? Ana still has a very important match to play. Too many distractions ahead of a final afer a very tough semi.

I didn`t watch it but i imagine Dani was just being Dani
She was 3-1 up only to lose the next 8 games :tape::o

I've read she couldn't return a serve to save her life.. Ana needs to put Kleybs under pressure on the return ALL the time. And serve very very well so she can hold. Focus and evergy are also going to be key in such a fast court. Ana has to play for the win.

Dexter
Nov 6th, 2010, 02:08 PM
Psychoizzy :hug: Calm down, she hasn't lost yet. She couldn't say no if they prepared something for her.

Kleybs worries & disgusts every time I think of her though. :unsure:

InsideOut.
Nov 6th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Guys give her a break, it's her birthday after all :lol:

Ana :aparty:

Davodus
Nov 6th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Psychoizzy :hug: Calm down, she hasn't lost yet. She couldn't say no if they prepared something for her.

Kleybs worries & disgusts every time I think of her though. :unsure:

:haha:

gaviotabr
Nov 6th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Psychoizzy :hug: Calm down, she hasn't lost yet.

And I hope she doesn't! 1 match away from ending the year inside the top 20! Has to win this one!

The Daviator
Nov 6th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Kleybs is playing really well :unsure: The court in Tokyo was quite fast and Ana won easily, although Alisa was tired after Seoul :unsure:

I can either see a beatdown for Alisa or a 75 63 type win for Ana, hope it's the latter, would love her to win this title.

spiritedenergy
Nov 6th, 2010, 07:06 PM

she looks gorgeous!!! but yes i agree they could not wait one day??? I can't believe it...:o Kleybanova and Ana look like they know each other well and are really good friends... I saw the begininning of her sf and it wasn't a great match, Hantuchova is too slow to do much on-court...

Marilyn Monheaux
Nov 7th, 2010, 01:25 AM
What time is the final, btw?

bruce goose
Nov 7th, 2010, 01:14 AM
What time is the final, btw?It'll be approximately 6 hours from now.They hold the 3rd/4th-place match first,and then the championship.Actually,it's scheduled as NB 4 p.m. local time...but it could get pushed back to more than 6 hours from now if the KDK-Daniela match drags on

Marilyn Monheaux
Nov 7th, 2010, 09:11 AM
BAM! Great ending to the season! :cheer:

azdaja
Nov 7th, 2010, 09:12 AM
welcome back to the top 20 :D

spiritedenergy
scary match, kleybanova was scary with her screams but ana tamed her. AJDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ksenia.
:sobbing: So happy for baby Anci!

Pops Maellard
Nov 7th, 2010, 09:13 AM
:sobbing: Wasn't the best match but Ana came up with some amazing shots at crucial times.

My Ana's 2010 season video will be amazing now.

Davodus
Nov 7th, 2010, 09:13 AM
I can't even believe this...what a finish to the year! 10th tour title! And it's actually FUN to be an Ana fan again. It's exciting, it's enjoyable, it's everything good...so I'm so happy :woohoo:

doni1212
Nov 7th, 2010, 09:14 AM
We've been through it all this year guys! This is such a great ending for Ana and for us. It was lovely sharing another season with you guys!!

InsideOut.
Nov 7th, 2010, 09:14 AM
:woohoo: So happy :sobbing:

Ksenia.
Nov 7th, 2010, 09:15 AM
We've been through it all this year guys! This is such a great ending for Ana and for us. It was lovely sharing another season with you guys!!

:yeah:
Looking forward to 2011!

Marilyn Monheaux
Nov 7th, 2010, 09:18 AM
I can't even believe this...what a finish to the year! 10th tour title! And it's actually FUN to be an Ana fan again. It's exciting, it's enjoyable, it's everything good...so I'm so happy :woohoo:

IKR. :lol:

100%! :worship:

Andreas
Nov 7th, 2010, 09:19 AM
This is such a great way to end the season. Ana has really fought her way out of the slump and I'm really proud of her. This season has been full of ups and downs, but right now the ups seem more dominant!
I wish the 2011 season would start now :lol:

powetrip
Nov 7th, 2010, 09:19 AM
Alright i'm really happy for the title.Just a few notes.Ana's fitness is great,she could reach so many difficult balls,and never look tired while Kleybanova could hardly walk at the end.Also her serve has been really solid after Wimbledon.
Now the negatives,just too many soft shots with no power,and i couldn't believe how passively she plaid at most of Kleybanova's second serves..just returnin in the middle with no pace

If she keeps this fitness level,serve and hits the ball like she did in Bejing i feel it'll be a great 2011.Ajde!

cocco80
Nov 7th, 2010, 09:20 AM
THIS IS SO GREAT !!!

I'm so happy for her. She needed this. Now we can say her self belief has been restored.. I hope she takes this and builds on it the next season.

GO ANci !!! :banana:

jelenacg
Nov 7th, 2010, 09:21 AM
10th title :banana::banana:

Great great way to end the season :sobbing:

doni1212
Nov 7th, 2010, 09:26 AM
No Ana, you don't hope to see them next year. You want to be at the YEC!! :lol:

InsideOut.
Nov 7th, 2010, 09:27 AM
Perhaps a 15-20 finish?

I called it. All the way back in January. :bounce:

:woohoo:

Adrian1092
Nov 7th, 2010, 09:28 AM
No Ana, you don't hope to see them next year. You want to be at the YEC!! :lol:

Exactly what I was thinking :lol:

GREAT win Ana :woohoo: Keep it up in 2011! :hearts:

The 2nd Law
Nov 7th, 2010, 09:31 AM
This is really the best possible way the season could have ended when you think back to 6 months ago.
2 titles in 2010 and back into the year end top 20, couldn't be more proud of you Ana. Have a great, restful, but productive offseason and make some noise next year.

Thanks for a great year guys! We've been through it all :lol:

Curtos07
Nov 7th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Ends the season with 2 titles in 3 weeks and a return to the top 20. Ajde! This feels so surreal. :bounce:

M.P
Nov 7th, 2010, 09:41 AM
:woohoo:
:cheer: please start great i 2011 :cheer:

McPie
Nov 7th, 2010, 09:45 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs505.snc3/26563_1284635610212_1659791600_730571_4870922_n.jp g
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2339/219/38/1659791600/n1659791600_136466_8836.jpg

tell me that my drawing skill is bad :lol:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Nov 7th, 2010, 09:47 AM
A great finish of the year.
Who tought she would win 2 of her last 3 tournaments? Happy for you girl!

Her movement is so much better now. Brought so many balls back and it delivered her points. But Ana made it too difficult for herself. Even on her own serve it was Alisa who tried to attack. Ana just play way too passive. Yes, she plays smarter but if she's more aggressive this match would be certainly easier. Just let Alisa do the work.
That's something for 2011. She finished 2010 great and the ranking is going to the right direction.

AJDE!!!

gaviotabr
Nov 7th, 2010, 09:51 AM
All I can say right now is...

I love you Ana! Feel so so happy!

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

:worship::worship::worship:

:sobbing::sobbing::sobbing:

:hearts::hearts::hearts:

I'll be back with some boring thoughtful analysis later on.. :spit:

azdaja
Nov 7th, 2010, 10:06 AM
make that 2 years ;) i don't think new fans joined this forum during her slump.

now i'm really hoping for a great season in 2011!

Tennis90
Nov 7th, 2010, 10:09 AM
This feels great!
Thanks for sticking with Ana all you guys!
I'm so proud of her....and of us of course...no need to be modest here :P

AJDE !!!!!!!!

HowardH
Nov 7th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Well done to Ana. To give credit to both her semifinal and final opponents, both matches were close, and really both these opponents had chances- they were well-fought matches. Ana's defense held up well, and her strong serving in particular took her to the finish line. One thing that concerned me was the lack of real ferocity in most of her forehands, and the fact that she was on defense a little too much. I guess that's because both Kimiko and Alisa were trying to attack quite a lot.

Makes me curious to see what Ana will do in the AO. I tend to think a comeback is never really complete until a player puts up a slam performance. But this second half of the year has been promising for her. Apart from a few elite players such as Kim and the WS, I think most of the tour is a bit worried by the prospect of a resurgent Ana at the moment.

gloria7
Nov 7th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Thank you,Ana! Congrats to all the fans who supported and believed in her in the last 2 years.
And...one finger salute to Stephanie Myles,Jon Wertheim and Ravi Ubha.

Polikarpov
Nov 7th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Well done to Ana. To give credit to both her semifinal and final opponents, both matches were close, and really both these opponents had chances- they were well-fought matches. Ana's defense held up well, and her strong serving in particular took her to the finish line. One thing that concerned me was the lack of real ferocity in most of her forehands, and the fact that she was on defense a little too much. I guess that's because both Kimiko and Alisa were trying to attack quite a lot.

Makes me curious to see what Ana will do in the AO. I tend to think a comeback is never really complete until a player puts up a slam performance. But this second half of the year has been promising for her. Apart from a few elite players such as Kim and the WS, I think most of the tour is a bit worried by the prospect of a resurgent Ana at the moment.

I've noticed that as well. But I think it's mainly due to the surface being lightning quick. Ana doesn't get as much time to really tee off the ball. Also Kimiko hits very flat and low, while Kleybs can really cream the ball.

I'm so glad that the thread up lived up to its title. It really does feel like a party! :bounce:

bruce goose
Nov 7th, 2010, 01:51 PM
Gotta leave for a class...but just wanted to share my happiness for Ana's being able to find herself again:).After the abysmal start to this year(carryover from 2009 and 2008 off-season),this has been a wondrously memorable finish:cool:x infinity

The Daviator
Nov 7th, 2010, 02:38 PM
:banana: :banana:

JamieOwen3
Nov 7th, 2010, 03:06 PM
i was actually becoming a fan while she was in her slump,i felt so bad for her after how fast it went down hill after RG in 08.Congratulations on ending 2010 on a high Ana :D

bruce goose
Nov 7th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Will stay in touch with Doni via PM so,in that sense,the season isn't over:devil:...it IS time for reflection,though....

Ana first caught my eye in 2006 b/c she's gorgeous,but her aggressive style of play made her very easy to watch as a player....

My first impression was that Ana was either an extremely sweet,humble gal...or a major phony as the haters accuse.Happily,she proved herself to be the genuine article:);however,it concerned me how incredibly naive and girlish she seemed.It made me wonder if she was mature enough to handle the pressure of expectations...

Though Ana,from 2005 to pre-RG 2008,showed clear signs of those mental failings that surfaced so prominently during her later slump,she managed to bounce back from setbacks and gradually push her way to the top.It was so intriguing for me to find out how far this otherworldly beauty could continue her fairy tale.For me,the post-RG celebration for Ana was even more glorious than the Slam itself...yet,in the aftermath,I was filled with nagging doubts that Ana would be ready for this new challenge as reigning #1

No need for us to re-live the whole slump again:o;what was so aggravating was when Ana's lack of emotional maturity was on display for the entire world.Though I don't question that Ana's parents love her dearly,all the evidence suggests that they were a pair of chickenshits who did nothing but coddle her in her childhood,doing ZERO to prepare her for adulthood.Thankfully,Ana has had a few other people in her life who helped her get back on the right track while learning some valuable lessons....What a TREMENDOUS relief these past recent months have been:cool:

NOW,it's more satisfying for me to be an Ana fan than it has ever been before....She's still a fairy-tale beauty with the charming personality to match,but her adverse experiences have,sort of,brought her down from being a goddess to a more human level.To at least SOME extent,Ana is more like one of us now.I'm surely not the only one who thinks that makes her easier to cheer for...even for folks who aren't diehard Ana fans.

The future is slightly foggy cuz we don't know whom Ana will hire as a coach...or whether she'll get counselling for those occasional meltdowns...or if she'll find those answers within herself.What we CAN say is that Ana appears much more coach-able than she used to be...and better at dealing with adversity.So,even with the uncertainty and potential for more setbacks,we have realistic hope that Ana can work her way back and even exceed what she accomplished before......It's a thrilling time to be an Ana fan again:yeah:

jelenacg
Nov 7th, 2010, 09:03 PM
Still very happy :hearts:
Who would have thought Ana will end up winning 2 titles this year :cuckoo: :lol:
It really is a big deal she won 2 titles in last 3 tournaments after she wasn`t able to win a tournament last season or better say for two years
And even more if we know how consistent Ana is after winning a title :lol:

Seriously well done Ana :bigclap:

Dexter
Nov 8th, 2010, 08:30 AM
YAYAYAYAY!!! :woohoo:
So happy she's done this, yet so pissed @ my Internet provider who took away from me the opportunity to watch this match. It was so frustrating to follow the scores on German ES teletext with 30 minutes of delay. :banghead: But then again, I didnt watch Linz final either, so maybe that's why she won yesterday. :P I just need to watch highlights, there's hardly anything on youtube. :( Anyone?
It's been such a rollercoaster these last 3 years, but again we can sense that the graph is up. I too, can't wait for 2011 to begin now. But Ana needs some rest so she can kick ass in Australia.
I'd bet a penny on Ana being back to top20 this year after watching her lose to Peer at Wimbledon. What a miracle. :worship:

cocco80
Nov 8th, 2010, 09:54 AM
All's well that ends well, as people would say.

:banana: so happy she managed to turn things around at the very last moment. Let's hope she takes this into the next season. I'm still perplexed about the whole coach thing though. :tape:

jelenacg
Nov 8th, 2010, 10:38 AM
All's well that ends well, as people would say.

:banana: so happy she managed to turn things around at the very last moment. Let's hope she takes this into the next season. I'm still perplexed about the whole coach thing though. :tape:

Me too .
Winning Linz and Bali is great and she won them without coach but all that success came from working with Heinz for months
I really hope she is smart enough not to make the same mistakes again.She needs a good coach in order to have good off season preparation and keep on improving.

gaviotabr
Nov 8th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Ok so.. had the busiest week and weekend.. could barely be around yesterday. But I was able to watch the match and enjoy seeing Ana win yet another title. Great end to the season!

Thinking about the match a bit.. and the whole tournament maybe.. I felt a bit conflicted. It's wonderful to see Ana winning and showing so much fire and desire. I read in her web that she said her goal for this tournament was to end the season inside the top 20 and the only way to acomplish that was to win it all. As I've said many times before, I think having a goal, being focused and determined, makes a world of difference to Ana's performance. Winning against Kleybs and Kimiko were a direct result of fighting and keeping her head in its right place. She still has a long way to go in what mental strength is concerned, but she is making big progress.

At the same time I caught myself thinking Ana was playing a bit too passive for long stretches of the semi and final. Sure, both Kleybs and Kimiko tried to attack first, making it harder for Ana. But I remember also quite a few FHs that she had a floater to attack and ended up just rolling it to the other side. Maybe some of it was due to the court, which doesn't favor Ana's kind of attacking game. Let me explain.. the court was super fast and it obviously favors attacking games, mostly ones that consist of fast balls that will skid through the court. Ana's attacking game is of a different kind though. She doesn't necessarily hit fast hard (though she can at times), but she hits heavy hard. Those heavy shots, instead of skidding through the court were sitting up. Still.. she didn't go for shots she should/would have gone in other times. And we all know Ana needs to be an aggressive player to contend for big titles again. I hope this is something she has in mind and gets back to using in matches next season.

On the other hand, it was great so see Ana was able to win a tournament using what I would call her B-game. She didn't win blasting the ball... she won this tournament by using a lot of variety.. her shots were coming at many different spins and pace, she was hitting the BH slice with conviction.. lobs, passing shots, drop shots.. and a lot of great scrambling. Her fitness has improved tons, and it was very important in Bali (and in the last few months). Thanks Marija! It's very important to have a B-game, especially to beat lesser opponents and get through those first few rounds of tournaments consistently. It might not be enought to beat some top player, but it's definitely crucial to have so she can reach the stages when she plays a top player and go up the rankings. Obviously, to win against a top player she would have to get her A+ game back and use it wisely. But to see that Ana seems to have developed an effective B-game is ecouraging.. when you don't have it, you will lose matches you aren't supposed to, and this is how Ana's slump started.

I also have to mention the serve. What an improvement! She can actually rely on her serve now and it's a big weapon. Now I can actually hope she hits an ace at a crucial moment, instead of fearing the double faults and weird tosses. Both Bali and Linz were won on aces!

Last but not least, Ana was an absolute sweetheart in her speach. She is on the right path! Hopefully she can have a great off season preparation and start 2011 in the same good note!

gaviotabr
Nov 8th, 2010, 01:52 PM
Now that it's officially off season, we can worry about the new coach. I'm sure this off season will be much more enjoyable and optimitic than the last 2, but there is still this big detail. I mean.. I think it's crucial that they find a great coach, who matches up really well with Ana, and who can start working with her in 2 or 3 weeks time, when I suppose she will start the preparations. As Jelena said, much of the success she is having now is due to working all year with such a great coach like Heinz, so whoever comes next has to follow his lead and be as good. It can't be someone trying to mess up her game again, or confusing her with WTF tactics, like Kardon. Ana is in a good place, but she still needs good guidance to get back to the next level and contend for big titles again.

So hopefully Ana can have a great holiday, rest up well, and come back gunning for the off season preparations with Marija and a great coach by her side.

bruce goose
Nov 8th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Now that it's officially off season, we can worry about the new coach. I'm sure this off season will be much more enjoyable and optimitic than the last 2, but there is still this big detail. I mean.. I think it's crucial that they find a great coach, who matches up really well with Ana, and who can start working with her in 2 or 3 weeks time, when I suppose she will start the preparations. As Jelena said, much of the success she is having now is due to working all year with such a great coach like Heinz, so whoever comes next has to follow his lead and be as good. It can't be someone trying to mess up her game again, or confusing her with WTF tactics, like Kardon. Ana is in a good place, but she still needs good guidance to get back to the next level and contend for big titles again.

So hopefully Ana can have a great holiday, rest up well, and come back gunning for the off season preparations with Marija and a great coach by her side.Don't you agree that Ana is a much more attractive prospect for respected coaches now?I'm fairly sure that,after her problems with Dave Taylor(and her rep for stubbornness)and her denial of a need for full-time coaching(hence the APDP b.s.),she was probably viewed as difficult to coach.I'm hoping that there'll be some better options than Kardon available now

gaviotabr
Nov 9th, 2010, 12:14 AM
Don't you agree that Ana is a much more attractive prospect for respected coaches now?I'm fairly sure that,after her problems with Dave Taylor(and her rep for stubbornness)and her denial of a need for full-time coaching(hence the APDP b.s.),she was probably viewed as difficult to coach.I'm hoping that there'll be some better options than Kardon available now

I don't know who is available really.. have no idea.. But I think Ana was always an attractive prospect for a coach.. even if she had that difficult to coach reputation, which I don't really think she had, she could always be viewed as a hugely talented player and an interesting challenge for a coach.

Either way..they have to pick right, and that's always a hard thing to do. I think with Kardon they got all amazed by the "former coach of Navratilova" pedigree he had, and didn't really see what were his plans and how he was as a coach. I hope Ana and her team look beyond now and see someone who matches up well with her and has the right view and plans for her. Someone to be for her like Heinz was.

I'm expecting to hear something about it during the off season.. she really needs to be with the new coach for the preparations.

gaviotabr
Nov 9th, 2010, 12:16 AM
By way.. should we have an off season thread or keep using this one until the aussie season starts?

The 2nd Law
Nov 9th, 2010, 12:29 AM
By way.. should we have an off season thread or keep using this one until the aussie season starts?

This thread delivered us 2 titles, I say let's keep it :p

Besides, it has 'end of the year' in the title.

hellas719
Nov 9th, 2010, 12:58 AM
Ana :hearts::hearts::hearts:

Pops Maellard
Nov 9th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Vote Ana!

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=423486

bruce goose
Nov 9th, 2010, 04:55 PM
To be fair,I'm really not an authority on what's happening on the coaching scene...but I suspect that you're half right.While Ana was/is an attractive prospect b/c of her youth and talent,I tend to think that word got around about her stubbornness.Even though there are often confidentiality agreements between players and coaches,there are still plenty of ways that those agreements don't conceal the truth...even with something as simple as a coach who frequently shakes his/her head in exasperation.

All the same,I think that people have noticed some of Ana's admissions of culpability this year in press statements,and her on-court performances support the notion that her head is much straighter than it was previously...even if the results don't yet match her all-time peak....As long as she doesn't get complacent and start thinking that she has all the answers,she'll seek advice from the right people--NOT her parents:eek:--on which coaches might be compatible with her.I don't know who is available really.. have no idea.. But I think Ana was always an attractive prospect for a coach.. even if she had that difficult to coach reputation, which I don't really think she had, she could always be viewed as a hugely talented player and an interesting challenge for a coach.

Either way..they have to pick right, and that's always a hard thing to do. I think with Kardon they got all amazed by the "former coach of Navratilova" pedigree he had, and didn't really see what were his plans and how he was as a coach. I hope Ana and her team look beyond now and see someone who matches up well with her and has the right view and plans for her. Someone to be for her like Heinz was.

I'm expecting to hear something about it during the off season.. she really needs to be with the new coach for the preparations.

azdaja
Nov 9th, 2010, 05:02 PM
but that could be the best reason to start a new thread and live this one ending on a high. i'm for a new thread. a proper off-season thread that gets bumped during every off-season period would actually be cool and would document weel differences between each season in ana's career.

Vote Ana!

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=423486
meh, she's gonna be the most disliked player again anyway. and it's gonna be even worse next year if she really keeps it up and starts winning bigger titles.

gaviotabr
Nov 9th, 2010, 05:13 PM
I bought myself these today in honor of Ana's titles! :spit::lol:

http://www.adidas.com/product_images/G18430_F_p2.png

gaviotabr
Nov 9th, 2010, 05:14 PM

Besides, it has 'end of the year' in the title.

but that could be the best reason to start a new thread and live this one ending on a high. i'm for a new thread. a proper off-season thread that gets bumped during every off-season period would actually be cool and would document weel differences between each season in ana's career.

Let's see if more people express their opinion.. I think there was an off season thread some time ago, maybe I could find and bump that..

gaviotabr
Nov 9th, 2010, 05:15 PM
Ana on facebook:

Ana Ivanovic
I'm still on a high from the Bali tournament. I just got back to Europe and it feels great to be back in the top 20. I'm going to have a week or so off, to completely relax, and then training for the new season will start.

Only one week or so off? Ana is really serious guys! :worship:

Dexter
Nov 9th, 2010, 07:07 PM
Ana on facebook:

Only one week or so off? Ana is really serious guys! :worship:She's not excited though. :( That's worrying.

azdaja
Nov 9th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Let's see if more people express their opinion.. I think there was an off season thread some time ago, maybe I could find and bump that..
fuck that, i'll start a new thread in a minute :p