PDA

View Full Version : The 2010 going away party (End of the year thread)!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Adrian1092
Oct 22nd, 2010, 07:10 PM
I hope Ana rests well now, and comes back firing for Bali. It would be great if she can win it. It's just 3 matches and would garantee her in the top 24 for AO. She needs to get the intensity up and bring back the ajdes. She was too flat out there today.

I agree, I think I only heard one Ajde today if any... Ana didnt seem pumped for this match which IMO is a big problem. Even though she was tired it seemed like she invested nothing emotionally in the match... something that usually boosts her. Oh well, Hopefully Bali goes well! Ajde :)

bruce goose
Oct 22nd, 2010, 07:13 PM
Originally,Ana would've had some rest b/c she wasn't scheduled to play Linz...but we saw what happened and it was worth going to Linz,no doubt.I just don't see where anyone could expect a great tournament from Ana when this was her fifth straight.JJ was extremely fit in 2008 and won three straight in consecutive weeks...which is a very,VERY rare occurrence in the modern era...yet,when she played her following event,she was upset early and folks unanimously agreed that JJ looked tired...and that was someone who had excellent stamina and was in top condition.

It doesn't sound even one whit intelligent to me to suggest that Ana is in a deep slump just because she lost to Goerges...that just sounds stupid to me....I can't clean that up at all:shrug:

The Daviator
Oct 22nd, 2010, 07:22 PM
Ana keeps the trend of either winning easily or loosing easily. I would like her to build more of a fighter in her and not get so down on herself or just go away once she loses the first set. Losing the first set doesn't mean anything.. you can always still win the match.. yet she doesn't seem to see that. Needs to relearn how to turn things around.

This is still a long process to recovery.. she has shown some improvement.. but there are many steps to be made. If Ana wants to be a top 10 player again tough, she needs to win these kind of matches. And please.. people.. don't come saying Ana was never a consistent player blablabla.. that was always a bad thing and the opening that lead to the slump. So consistency is crucial for her recovery.

She has never been a consistent player though :shrug: Thrashed by Yan Zi after winning Montreal. Losses to K. Bondarenko/Golovin after winning Lux, then a good YEC result. Pironkova before winning RG. That's Ana. Indeed, that's most players besides Williams/Belgians :shrug:

Sounds like Julia played great, onwards to Bali :cool:

spiritedenergy
Oct 22nd, 2010, 07:25 PM
Ana keeps the trend of either winning easily or loosing easily. I would like her to build more of a fighter in her and not get so down on herself or just go away once she loses the first set. Losing the first set doesn't mean anything.. you can always still win the match.. yet she doesn't seem to see that. Needs to relearn how to turn things around.

This is still a long process to recovery.. she has shown some improvement.. but there are many steps to be made. If Ana wants to be a top 10 player again tough, she needs to win these kind of matches. And please.. people.. don't come saying Ana was never a consistent player blablabla.. that was always a bad thing and the opening that lead to the slump. So consistency is crucial for her recovery.

i wouldn't put too much into this loss... at least she reached the QF and even though the score doesn't show it, she fought somewhat...

But yes she needs to stop to enter this brainless mode when she loses the first set... she should just stay calm, today there was no need to overreact because it wasn't an important match, yet in the 2nd set she seemed so anxious and desperate... she really needs to find a way to be calm and relaxed and think no matter what the score is, and don't panic, like she did against Hantuchova in AO 2008

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Oct 22nd, 2010, 07:25 PM
Kinda expected that it would end now. Ana was already tired coming here. Then also playing doubles was the first timing. Played good against Larsson and won 2 places in the ranking again. Today it was too many errors but Julia played also very well. Could handle Ana's FH and even take over. Just too good.
Just hope that the rest she gets now will do her form some good. If she starts at 100% in Bali and her serve works again she should win it.

Very likely now that she's at least a 24th seed at the AO.

gaviotabr
Oct 22nd, 2010, 07:28 PM
I agree, I think I only heard one Ajde today if any... Ana didnt seem pumped for this match which IMO is a big problem. Even though she was tired it seemed like she invested nothing emotionally in the match... something that usually boosts her. Oh well, Hopefully Bali goes well! Ajde :)

Agreed. Ana is an emotional player.. she needs to be intense and pumping herself up in matches. If she goes out there too flat, she is in trouble. I hope she brings it for Bali!

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Oct 22nd, 2010, 07:30 PM
Not too many Ajde's won't say anything now.
She didn't do it much either in Linz.

gaviotabr
Oct 22nd, 2010, 07:45 PM
She has never been a consistent player though :shrug: Thrashed by Yan Zi after winning Montreal. Losses to K. Bondarenko/Golovin after winning Lux, then a good YEC result. Pironkova before winning RG. That's Ana. Indeed, that's most players besides Williams/Belgians :shrug:

Yes.. but that's a bad thing. We shouldn't treat it like it's normal.. her inconsistency was one of the biggest factors of going into such a huge 2 year slump. Her road to recovery necessarily goes through learning how to be consistent.

I'm not talking just about this match. This was almost a tank.. Ana really was too tired and wasn't trying much.

gaviotabr
Oct 22nd, 2010, 07:46 PM
Not too many Ajde's won't say anything now.
She didn't do it much either in Linz.

Yes.. but she definitely did more than in Lux. And was more focused. She was blah all week here, except for maybe the second set against Larsson.

gaviotabr
Oct 22nd, 2010, 07:54 PM
i wouldn't put too much into this loss... at least she reached the QF and even though the score doesn't show it, she fought somewhat...

Fought? :scratch: I'm not that bothered by the loss, because Ana was just dead tired.. though it is a huge chance she missed.. Kerber, Vinci and Keothavong left in the draw.. :tape: But she didn't fight at all today.. at all.

But yes she needs to stop to enter this brainless mode when she loses the first set... she should just stay calm, today there was no need to overreact because it wasn't an important match, yet in the 2nd set she seemed so anxious and desperate... she really needs to find a way to be calm and relaxed and think no matter what the score is, and don't panic, like she did against Hantuchova in AO 2008

Yes... she needs to recover that.. Ana used to be great in at least making it a 3 setter.. but lately she just gives up if she loses the first. Goes through motions.. if she ever wants to win big again, she needs to relearn how to turn matches around and play each point.

gaviotabr
Oct 22nd, 2010, 07:57 PM
Kinda expected that it would end now. Ana was already tired coming here. Then also playing doubles was the first timing. Played good against Larsson and won 2 places in the ranking again. Today it was too many errors but Julia played also very well. Could handle Ana's FH and even take over. Just too good.
Just hope that the rest she gets now will do her form some good. If she starts at 100% in Bali and her serve works again she should win it.

Very likely now that she's at least a 24th seed at the AO.

A top 24 seed for AO is within her range, but she needs to do well in Bali. Ana will lose 100 points from Brisbane and there are players behind her who can overtake her.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Oct 22nd, 2010, 08:05 PM
I don't know why there should be an issue now.
SF Cincinnati, R4 USO (both times losing to the winner) QF Beijing and winning Linz.
That's so much better than she did the last 12 months. And it's not only the results but also the play itself. And losing easy in 2 is a bad thing? Didn't I hear someone saying I rather have losing easy in 2 than blowing chances in 3 sets? Like it's always bad.

Going from Beijing to Linz to play another tournament and winning it, I wouldn't expect that. Ana played 10 matches in 10 days. I definitely am satisfied with this result.
Of course she can always do better, but she made already a very big step.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Oct 22nd, 2010, 08:07 PM
A top 24 seed for AO is within her range, but she needs to do well in Bali. Ana will lose 100 points from Brisbane and there are players behind her who can overtake her.

Remember that Aga won't play AO.
Another withdrawal can always happen with Venus, Serena, Henin, Clijsters or Sharapova.

gaviotabr
Oct 22nd, 2010, 08:12 PM
Ana's ranking tally:

Brisbane 130 points
AO 100 points
IW 5 points
Miami 80 points
Rome 395 points
Madrid 5 points
RG 100 points
Rosmalen 30 points
Wimbledon 5 points
Stanford 60 points
Cincy 395 points
USO 280 points
Tokyo 70 points
Beijing 250 points
Linz 280 points
Luxembourg 70 points

Total: 2255 points.

Those are the points counting towards her ranking. So.. the 75 free points from Bali will replace the 30 points from Rosmalen, giving Ana a minimum of 2300 points, which would basically keep Ana at number 24. I really hope she gives her all in Bali.. it's only 3 matches and worth 375 points. If Ana wins it, she can go as high as 17. Would be sweet to finish the year inside the top 20.

I'm not going to take too much out of this loss today.. but I definitely hope this Ana will not show up anywhere near Bali. Linz Ana has to show up!

Cp6uja
Oct 22nd, 2010, 08:13 PM
Thanks to todays unnecessary QF lose, even with Bali title Ana can't overtake anymore before AO draw #15 Petrova, #16 Pavlychenkova and #17 Sharapova, so best case scenario is #18 which means TOP16 seeds status now is possible only if Ana wins Bali and if after A.Radwanska someone else TOP17 w/o from event :mad: Also, if Ana now lose Bali 1st round match, even 17-24 seeds status is in danger if Wickmayer, Kleybanova and Rezai all-three achieve at least 1 semifinal each before AO draw (at Bali MM-masters, or at week-1 MM's, for Yanina and Alisa week-1 MM QF will be enough also).

Here is ranking projections before AO draw for current 20-28 ranked players, but note that eventual result from 2011 week-1 (Brisbane and Auckland) where Ana will not play for sure is not added to MAX_pts best case scenario for players which will play there:

(#current) - PLAYER MIN_pts/MAX_pts (#avg)
(#23) - Maria Kirilenko 2360/2630 (#18)
(#20) - Kaia Kanepi 2460/2460 (#19)
(#26) - Ana Ivanovic 2131/2470 (#20)
(#21) - Yanina Wickmayer 2105/2405 (#21)
(#28) - Alisa Kleybanova 2100/2400 (#22)
(#22) - Flavia Pennetta 2230/2230 (#23)
(#16) - Marion Bartoli 2225/2225 (#24)
(#18) - Aravane Rezai 2045/2345 (#25)

(#24) - Jie Zheng 2157/2157 (#26)
(#27) - Alexandra Dulgheru 2000/2000 (#27)
(#25) - Svetlana Kuznetsova 1851/1851 (#28)

Dexter
Oct 22nd, 2010, 08:13 PM
Since I couldn't watch, I can't comment on it. I'm not losing too much sleep over this loss though. :shrug:
Onto to Bali. Let's win it and become the queen of MM! :cool:

bruce goose
Oct 22nd, 2010, 08:25 PM
Yes.. but that's a bad thing. We shouldn't treat it like it's normal.. her inconsistency was one of the biggest factors of going into such a huge 2 year slump. Her road to recovery necessarily goes through learning how to be consistent.

I'm not talking just about this match. This was almost a tank.. Ana really was too tired and wasn't trying much.I agree with all of this except for the 2-year slump part IF you're implying that Ana is barely better than she was in 2009/early 2010...to me,that's just stupid...but if you're merely referencing the problems that caused the slump,then you're on point.

There's no question that she needs more consistency if she seeks to be a TRUE champion...and most likely she'd benefit greatly from a sports counsellor...but even the BEST from 2009--which wasn't a very memorable 'best'--doesn't measure up to where Ana is now.I'd rank the current Ana as no worse than the slumping 2008 Version,probably a little better by virtue of her re-born joy and dedication for the sport.I don't even recall seeing Ana that overly joyful when she won Linz 2008;she still seemed as though she was mentally adrift somewhat,searching for herself....and THAT'S what led to the abominable 2008 off-season that almost ended her career....After what happened before,I'll be shocked and hugely disappointed if Ana doesn't prepare diligently this off-season

Curtos07
Oct 22nd, 2010, 08:29 PM
Finishing the year off with a title in Bali and ranked inside the top 20 would be just awesome. I too am not going to lose sleep over today's loss. I kind of expected it. Goerges was just way too good and Ana was tired. I give her a pass. Two weeks to rest and prepare for one last run. Hope she can take advantage. The Bali field is pretty beatable.

gaviotabr
Oct 22nd, 2010, 08:45 PM
Thanks to todays unnecessary QF lose, even with Bali title Ana can't overtake anymore before AO draw #15 Petrova, #16 Pavlychenkova and #17 Sharapova, so best case scenario is #18 which means TOP16 seeds status now is possible only if Ana wins Bali and if after A.Radwanska someone else TOP17 w/o from event :mad: Also, if Ana now lose Bali 1st round match, even 17-24 seeds status is in danger if Wickmayer, Kleybanova and Rezai all-three achieve at least 1 semifinal each before AO draw (at Bali MM-masters, or at week-1 MM's, for Yanina and Alisa week-1 MM QF will be enough also).

Here is ranking projections before AO draw for current 20-28 ranked players, but note that eventual result from 2011 week-1 (Brisbane and Auckland) where Ana will not play for sure is not added to MAX_pts best case scenario for players which will play there:

(#current) - PLAYER MIN_pts/MAX_pts (#avg)
(#23) - Maria Kirilenko 2360/2630 (#18)
(#20) - Kaia Kanepi 2460/2460 (#19)
(#26) - Ana Ivanovic 2131/2470 (#20)
(#21) - Yanina Wickmayer 2105/2405 (#21)
(#28) - Alisa Kleybanova 2100/2400 (#22)
(#22) - Flavia Pennetta 2230/2230 (#23)
(#16) - Marion Bartoli 2225/2225 (#24)
(#18) - Aravane Rezai 2045/2345 (#25)

(#24) - Jie Zheng 2157/2157 (#26)
(#27) - Alexandra Dulgheru 2000/2000 (#27)
(#25) - Svetlana Kuznetsova 1851/1851 (#28)

I agree that the loss was unnecessary.. she had such a HUGE chance at another title.. :sobbing: but well..

You have to adjust Ana's points. She won't be losing 130 points.. only 100, due to it being replaced by her 17th best result (30 points from Rosmalen).

gaviotabr
Oct 22nd, 2010, 08:51 PM
Does anyone know how the Bali draw works?

I know it will start from QFs. Will it be 4 seeds, with the remaining 4 players being draw to meet a seed in the QF?

So far this seems to be the field:

1 - Na Li
2 - Aravane Rezai
3 - Anastasyia Pavlyuchenkova
4 - Yanina Wickmayer
5 - Ana Ivanovic
6 - Alisa Kleybanova
7 - Daniela Hantuchova
8 - ? (WC)

gaviotabr
Oct 22nd, 2010, 08:52 PM
Since I couldn't watch, I can't comment on it. I'm not losing too much sleep over this loss though. :shrug:
Onto to Bali. Let's win it and become the queen of MM! :cool:

It was slumping bad. But I'll give Ana a pass.. she hasn't played this much tennis in more than 2 years. It takes time to get used to it.

I do hope she steps it up for Bali though. It would be really important to do well there.

bruce goose
Oct 22nd, 2010, 09:24 PM
Does anyone know how the Bali draw works?

I know it will start from QFs. Will it be 4 seeds, with the remaining 4 players being draw to meet a seed in the QF?

So far this seems to be the field:

1 - Na Li
2 - Aravane Rezai
3 - Anastasyia Pavlyuchenkova
4 - Yanina Wickmayer
5 - Ana Ivanovic
6 - Alisa Kleybanova
7 - Daniela Hantuchova
8 - ? (WC)Unless someone has evidence from the website itself,I'm not so sure that Li will even play Bali.According to the Bali website last year,the tourney is reserved for those who DON'T play YEC/Doha.It doesn't matter if they got a MD spot or played as an alternate...so if Elena or JJ backs out,then Li will step in.I haven't seen ANYthing in print about a change in the rules where Li could play both if she filled in at Doha.

Sorry that I can't help you with the new format in Bali;haven't seen any news,either

gaviotabr
Oct 22nd, 2010, 09:32 PM
Unless someone has evidence from the website itself,I'm not so sure that Li will even play Bali.According to the Bali website last year,the tourney is reserved for those who DON'T play YEC/Doha.It doesn't matter if they got a MD spot or played as an alternate...so if Elena or JJ backs out,then Li will step in.I haven't seen ANYthing in print about a change in the rules where Li could play both if she filled in at Doha.

Sorry that I can't help you with the new format in Bali;haven't seen any news,either

Na Li can still play. These are the rules according to the WTA rule book:

The top six (6) ranked singles players as of the Monday the week prior
to the Tournament, who have won an International Tournament singles
event during the current Tour Year and have not qualified for entry into
the Sony Ericsson Championships singles draw shall qualify for the
International Tournament of Champions. The final two (2) alternates in
the Sony Ericsson Championships (“Singles Alternates”) are eligible to
play the International Tournament of Champions, even if they participate
in matches in the Sony Ericsson Championships. In the event any
of the top six (6) ranked players do not compete in the International
Tournament of Champions, the open spot(s) shall be filled by the next
player who would have been accepted in accordance with the above
requirements.

http://www.wtatour.com/SEWTATour-Archive/Archive/AboutTheTour/TournamentofChampionsOfficialRules.pdf

gaviotabr
Oct 22nd, 2010, 09:38 PM
Just read in the rule book that indeed it will be 4 seeds, with the remaining players being draw. So.. if Na Li plays, Ana won't be seeded and may meet Li, Rezai, Pavs or Wicky in the first round.

bruce goose
Oct 22nd, 2010, 09:41 PM
Na Li can still play. These are the rules according to the WTA rule book:

http://www.wtatour.com/SEWTATour-Archive/Archive/AboutTheTour/TournamentofChampionsOfficialRules.pdfThanks for the correction;that's the first I've learned of that;'Protoss' commented on it but I hadn't seen it in writing

gaviotabr
Oct 22nd, 2010, 09:44 PM
Ana on facebook:

Ana Ivanovic Congratulations to Julia - she played a great match. As for me, I'm knackered! I'm not sure if I've ever played five tournaments in five weeks, and now I am looking forward to getting some rest. I'll have a few days off then practise for Bali.

She was clearly dead tired. Rest up Ana and come back gunning in Bali!

Lord Choc Ice
Oct 22nd, 2010, 10:41 PM
Ana. :hug: Hardly a catastrophe. Maybe if this happened a few weeks ago she would've been able to push through her tiredness. :)

Onto Bali. :)

hellas719
Oct 23rd, 2010, 04:10 AM
Ana :sad:
Good luck in Bali! :bounce:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Oct 23rd, 2010, 01:51 PM
Just read in the rule book that indeed it will be 4 seeds, with the remaining players being draw. So.. if Na Li plays, Ana won't be seeded and may meet Li, Rezai, Pavs or Wicky in the first round.

Rezai will be a good draw. She totally lost it lately. Got only 1 game against Flipkens this week. She will drop many places after Madrid next year. In Ana's slump she still could beat Pavlyuchenkova (IW, Brisbane).
Wickmayer and Li don't have a good form either.
If Ana just gets her level then I don't see why she shouldn't win this.

gaviotabr
Oct 23rd, 2010, 02:35 PM
Rezai will be a good draw. She totally lost it lately. Got only 1 game against Flipkens this week. She will drop many places after Madrid next year. In Ana's slump she still could beat Pavlyuchenkova (IW, Brisbane).
Wickmayer and Li don't have a good form either.
If Ana just gets her level then I don't see why she shouldn't win this.

Rezai would be agreat first match draw.

I think Ana can definitely win this tournament.. but she needs to go there to win it.. play well, focused and determined. Make her serve and forehand work. She can't afford laizy play like in Lux.

Ana has been improving a bit lately, but I'm still never sure which Ana will show up.

It would be really big if she could win it.. it would most likely get her back into the top 20.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Oct 23rd, 2010, 02:39 PM
Rezai would be agreat first match draw.

I think Ana can definitely win this tournament.. but she needs to go there to win it.. play well, focused and determined. Make her serve and forehand work. She can't afford laizy play like in Lux.

Ana has been improving a bit lately, but I'm still never sure which Ana will show up.

It would be really big if she could win it.. it would most likely get her back into the top 20.

A common. Slumping Ana would already lose to Larsson after such a good week.
And it's not that she was 100 times better in 2007/2008. Ok she's not as good as that yet, but if she continues this she can be like that in 2011 and better. In 2007/2008 she also had so many bad matches and results.

gaviotabr
Oct 23rd, 2010, 03:03 PM
A common. Slumping Ana would already lose to Larsson after such a good week.
And it's not that she was 100 times better in 2007/2008. Ok she's not as good as that yet, but if she continues this she can be like that in 2011 and better. In 2007/2008 she also had so many bad matches and results.

I'm giving her a pass for this loss.. Ana was barely running, dead tired. But it's a fact that she needs to play well, step it up in Bali. These players might be playing bad right now or in the last few tournaments.. but none are pushovers. She won't win playing laizy tennis.

And I know Ana was never consistent.. more reason to not know which Ana will show up in Bali. Apart from that, as I've said a million times, I truly believe her road to recovery necessarily goes through finding consistency in her game. She has been making some progress.. but she still has a very long road ahead.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Oct 23rd, 2010, 03:30 PM
I'm giving her a pass for this loss.. Ana was barely running, dead tired. But it's a fact that she needs to play well, step it up in Bali. These players might be playing bad right now or in the last few tournaments.. but none are pushovers. She won't win playing laizy tennis.

And I know Ana was never consistent.. more reason to not know which Ana will show up in Bali. Apart from that, as I've said a million times, I truly believe her road to recovery necessarily goes through finding consistency in her game. She has been making some progress.. but she still has a very long road ahead.

This sounds like a very long road to dominate the WTA and not getting to the level she played 2-3 years ago. Then I agree.
But you said recovery. If she just can find her focus and the big tournaments, consistency isn't even needed to get back to the top.
Of course it's easier if you have that.
And of course Ana has to play well that's for sure. And I also don't know which Ana will show up. Except from the losses to Dushevina and Bartoli it looks really good since Cincinnati. That's a good sign.
But since Ana never was consistent, you can't expect Ana to easily win Bali.

If she has to serve from Linz and her FH working, THEN she has a really great chance to win Bali. Just wait and see.

bruce goose
Oct 23rd, 2010, 04:24 PM
This sounds like a very long road to dominate the WTA and not getting to the level she played 2-3 years ago. Then I agree.
But you said recovery. If she just can find her focus and the big tournaments, consistency isn't even needed to get back to the top.
Of course it's easier if you have that.
And of course Ana has to play well that's for sure. And I also don't know which Ana will show up. Except from the losses to Dushevina and Bartoli it looks really good since Cincinnati. That's a good sign.
But since Ana never was consistent, you can't expect Ana to easily win Bali.

If she has to serve from Linz and her FH working, THEN she has a really great chance to win Bali. Just wait and see.You're right when you post that Ana doesn't need consistency to GET to the top.Pironkova only had one notably good tourney yet it got her enough points to almost break into the Top 30.....but you'll probably agree that we don't just want Ana to GET to the top,we want her to STAY there...and that's where the consistency is crucial.I really don't think that Ana will slump again like before;that was a matter of horrible attitude and,despite Ana's denials,most of us believe that her love for the sport had seriously diminished.I think that almost losing her career helped her realize how much she loves tennis,deep-down.Still,a lack of consistency can lead to smaller slumps that could affect Ana's play for a few months and possibly cause other problems...not to mention that it keeps Ana from reaching her potential.

One of Ana's goals should be to attain a level where she rarely bombs out early in big events...where an upset of seeded Ana becomes a true surprise instead of a frequent occurrence.To me,that's the difference between an Ana who sporadically does well--winning titles here and there--and an Ana who fulfills her potential by being a fixture at the top of the rankings,a player who's realistically expected to reach no worse than QFs at major events

gloria7
Oct 24th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Bokash has found this on russian tennis forum (WTAtour.RU-Forum o zenskom tennise)and there is an interesting post about Ana.Some guy (he said he's Sorana's cousin) posted this: "Guys,i had a super day,my dream came true because i had a great privilege to have a dinner with Ana and Sorana yesterday.Ana was tired and i asked her what happened and she said: "I couldn't do anything on the court today,it was my 5th tournament in a row,and all these airline flights,training and matches have taken their toll." I asked her why she didn't withdrew and i liked her answer very much-"Because im a professional athlete and i need to know how to lose too.Julia played really well and she deserved to win.It wouldn't be fair to retire in these circumstances.You must have a good reason to withdraw,so i just played till the end and left the court with my head raised high".
He also said they talked a lot about tennis and he asked her about Fed Cup and Ana's relationships with other girls. Ana said her best friends are Sorana and Kim,she is very good friend with Makiri and Dinara.He asked her about JJ and Hantuchova and Ana answered that,since AO 2008, she rarely talks to Dani and that she never was a friend with JJ."It's not easy to be a friend with girls against whom you play,it's very complicated".At the end of his post he said that Ana is very good person,it was easy to talk to her,she is very well mannered girl,she is well brought up and talking to her was a pleasure.

Ksenia.
Oct 24th, 2010, 11:48 AM
I am not keeping old pennies or choosing dresses for luck, like I used to do.
I think we found the reason of her slump :scratch:

jelenacg
Oct 24th, 2010, 09:28 PM
^^ :lol: ofc

Too bad Ana was tired in Lux but i`m not greedy :angel:
Hopefully she will have a few days of rest and start practicing for Bali again.It would be nice if she could end this year winning few matches
How many matches will she play ,they don`t have RR right?

doni1212
Oct 24th, 2010, 11:48 PM
I think you have to win 3 matches to win Bali. They start at the QF and no, there is no RR.

doni1212
Oct 24th, 2010, 11:50 PM
Bokash has found this on russian tennis forum (WTAtour.RU-Forum o zenskom tennise)and there is an interesting post about Ana.Some guy (he said he's Sorana's cousin) posted this: "Guys,i had a super day,my dream came true because i had a great privilege to have a dinner with Ana and Sorana yesterday.Ana was tired and i asked her what happened and she said: "I couldn't do anything on the court today,it was my 5th tournament in a row,and all these airline flights,training and matches have taken their toll." I asked her why she didn't withdrew and i liked her answer very much-"Because im a professional athlete and i need to know how to lose too.Julia played really well and she deserved to win.It wouldn't be fair to retire in these circumstances.You must have a good reason to withdraw,so i just played till the end and left the court with my head raised high".
He also said they talked a lot about tennis and he asked her about Fed Cup and Ana's relationships with other girls. Ana said her best friends are Sorana and Kim,she is very good friend with Makiri and Dinara.He asked her about JJ and Hantuchova and Ana answered that,since AO 2008, she rarely talks to Dani and that she never was a friend with JJ."It's not easy to be a friend with girls against whom you play,it's very complicated".At the end of his post he said that Ana is very good person,it was easy to talk to her,she is very well mannered girl,she is well brought up and talking to her was a pleasure.

Cool! Thanks for that, :)

bruce goose
Oct 25th, 2010, 12:23 AM
Cool! Thanks for that, :)Love your banner pic,Doni:)...and don't worry--I was thinking CLEARLY when I predicted Ana's comeback to the top.....not like one of my OTHER (b.s.)predictions when I let wishful thinking influence my inaccurate outlook for a bunch of fucking second-rate chokers:rolleyes: (btw,my dad was just in Pitt. last week)

Don't really like the newer,simplistic format for Bali;I'd rather that they had a larger field--let's say,16--if they're gonna use single elimination for a YEC event.Still,as long as Ana wins,I won't complain so much;)

Marilyn Monheaux
Oct 25th, 2010, 12:24 AM
Got 5 minutes? Vote.:cheer:

http://i51.tinypic.com/2q21wcm.png

No idea what it is? :scratch:

Well, basically, we're crowing the biggst TWATs of our beloved little subforum. :p

Who's the biggest TWAT in GM?
Who's a ride-or-die Mashafaaan (If you know what I'm talking about...:hehehe:)
Who has the best meltdown?
Who makes the best avis?
Who is a true Siberian Siren Legend?

Got an opinion? Go ROCK THE VOTE!

You can vote HERE (http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/YD9S7MT), HERE (http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/YDDMS92) and HERE (http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/YDYT2TN) !!!

Voting is totally anonymous. So go ahead. ;)

:bounce: Thankyouverymuch. :yeah:

doni1212
Oct 25th, 2010, 12:29 AM
Love your banner pic,Doni:)...and don't worry--I was thinking CLEARLY when I predicted Ana's comeback to the top.....not like one of my OTHER (b.s.)predictions when I let wishful thinking influence my inaccurate outlook for a bunch of fucking second-rate chokers:rolleyes: (btw,my dad was just in Pitt. last week)

Don't really like the newer,simplistic format for Bali;I'd rather that they had a larger field--let's say,16--if they're gonna use single elimination for a YEC event.Still,as long as Ana wins,I won't complain so much;)

Thanks!
:lol: Yall barely won again! You should be giving all thanks to Ray once again!
What was your Dad in the Burgh for?

bruce goose
Oct 25th, 2010, 12:38 AM
Thanks!
:lol: Yall barely won again! You should be giving all thanks to Ray once again!
What was your Dad in the Burgh for?Well,he wasn't there to see the world famous Pittsburgh Ballet:lol:...it was some kind of business trip.He lives in Western Conn. so it wasn't too far for him

Close wins are actually okay in tennis;Serena has a lot of them when she half-asses her way thru the first set,then comes back to win in three...and Ana has had some closer-than-necessary victories....but it's a sign of weakness when you can barely put away weaker NFL teams

doni1212
Oct 25th, 2010, 12:52 AM
Well,he wasn't there to see the world famous Pittsburgh Ballet:lol:...it was some kind of business trip.He lives in Western Conn. so it wasn't too far for him

Close wins are actually okay in tennis;Serena has a lot of them when she half-asses her way thru the first set,then comes back to win in three...and Ana has had some closer-than-necessary victories....but it's a sign of weakness when you can barely put away weaker NFL teams

:lol:
I guess you're loving the fact that you guys have a bye week next week AND that we're playing the defending Superbowl Champs too! But then again...they lost to the Browns today :tape: :o

bruce goose
Oct 25th, 2010, 01:18 AM
I guess you're loving the fact that you guys have a bye week next week AND that we're playing the defending Superbowl Champs too! But then again...they lost to the Browns today :tape: :oThat's the difference between us,Doni;you're a big-time player hater:p...while I try to avoid that mindset;).I was hatin' on Nadal a while back and it didn't feel right...and,since then,he's gained my respect quite a bit.....It's usually ugly when people hate on Ana,too,so I don't wanna follow in those footsteps.The best solution is simply to play like a champion.....then you don't NEED anyone else to lose

doni1212
Oct 25th, 2010, 01:26 AM
That's the difference between us,Doni;you're a big-time player hater:p...while I try to avoid that mindset;).I was hatin' on Nadal a while back and it didn't feel right...and,since then,he's gained my respect quite a bit.....It's usually ugly when people hate on Ana,too,so I don't wanna follow in those footsteps.The best solution is simply to play like a champion.....then you don't NEED anyone else to lose

Love that! :rolls:
And actually, the Ravens are the ONLY team that I respect in our division.
And having other people lose helps...it ALWAYS helps, :lol:

bruce goose
Oct 25th, 2010, 01:37 AM
Love that! :rolls:
And actually, the Ravens are the ONLY team that I respect in our division.
And having other people lose helps...it ALWAYS helps, :lol:Yes,I understand that it helps but,unlike these Europeans here,you don't need me to explain the playa-hata mindset;).I want Ana to reach the point where she can BEAT Henin,Serena,Clijsters....instead of having the Ana fans agonizing,praying for someone else to knock those champions off

doni1212
Oct 25th, 2010, 01:42 AM
Yes,I understand that it helps but,unlike these Europeans here,you don't need me to explain the playa-hata mindset;).I want Ana to reach the point where she can BEAT Henin,Serena,Clijsters....instead of having the Ana fans agonizing,praying for someone else to knock those champions off

Great point! Very great point.
Well, with that I'm logging off to make me a grilled cheese sandwich (the best of my cooking abilities :lol: )and get ready for Desperate Housewives and the finale of the Kardashians, :o
Talk to you later, :wavey:

Sean.
Oct 25th, 2010, 01:54 AM
He also said they talked a lot about tennis and he asked her about Fed Cup and Ana's relationships with other girls. Ana said her best friends are Sorana and Kim,she is very good friend with Makiri and Dinara..

:inlove:

Btw guys, I love that the Masha fans had their own TWAT. :lol:

bruce goose
Oct 25th, 2010, 02:28 AM
Great point! Very great point.
Well, with that I'm logging off to make me a grilled cheese sandwich (the best of my cooking abilities :lol: )and get ready for Desperate Housewives and the finale of the Kardashians, :o
Talk to you later, :wavey:G'night,Doni:wavey:....I guess you won't be applying for a culinary position in Ana's entourage:lol:

gaviotabr
Oct 25th, 2010, 10:13 AM
They have just announced the final field for Bali! Kimiko gets Ana's WC.

1. Na Li (China) juara di AEGON Classic, Birmingham (Juli)
2. Aravane Rezai (Prancis ) juara di Collector Swedish Open Women, Bastad (Juli)
3. Yanina Wickmayer (Belgia) juara di ASB Classic Auckland (Januari)
4. Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova (Rusia) juara di Monterrey Open (Maret)
5. Ana Ivanovic (Serbia) juara di Generali Ladies, Linz (Oktober)
6. Alisa Kleybanova (Rusia) juara di Golden Horses Health Sanctuary Malaysian Open (Februari)
Wild Card:
7. Daniela Hantuchova (Slovakia)
8. Kimiko Date-Krumm (Jepang)(acf)

http://sports.okezone.com/read/2010/10/25/39/386172/rezai-pasti-ke-bali-sharapova-absen

jelenacg
Oct 25th, 2010, 11:00 AM
They have just announced the final field for Bali! Kimiko gets Ana's WC.

http://sports.okezone.com/read/2010/10/25/39/386172/rezai-pasti-ke-bali-sharapova-absen

Field is not bad at all

Kimiko Date-Krumm ,i hope Ana doesn`t play her :scared:

gaviotabr
Oct 25th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Field is not bad at all

Kimiko Date-Krumm ,i hope Ana doesn`t play her :scared:

Actually.. Ana can only meet Kimko in a possible semifinal. Ana will get either Na Li, Wicky, Pavs or Rezai in the first match.

Davodus
Oct 25th, 2010, 02:46 PM
I think all of them are beatable because none of them are in their best form, and Ana always seems to play well against Pavs :lol:

jelenacg
Oct 25th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Actually.. Ana can only meet Kimko in a possible semifinal. Ana will get either Na Li, Wicky, Pavs or Rezai in the first match.

Ok then ,but i don`t want to see her lose to a 40 years old woman :tape: ,no matter how good she plays :o

I think all of them are beatable because none of them are in their best form, and Ana always seems to play well against Pavs :lol:

If Ana plays well she can beat them ,otherwise she can lose to pretty much everyone there

gaviotabr
Oct 25th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Ok then ,but i don`t want to see her lose to a 40 years old woman :tape: ,no matter how good she plays :o

If Ana plays well she can beat then ,otherwise she can lose to pretty much everyone there

Ana can lose to pretty much anyone if she plays like crap.. :tape:

jelenacg
Oct 25th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Ana can lose to pretty much anyone if she plays like crap.. :tape:

That`s true :lol: :o
We can just hope Ana still has some energy left and that she will take Bali seriously :shrug:

gaviotabr
Oct 25th, 2010, 04:07 PM
That`s true :lol: :o
We can just hope Ana still has some energy left and that she will take Bali seriously :shrug:

Yes.. the taking it seriously part is the most important one I think. :shrug:

bruce goose
Oct 25th, 2010, 06:21 PM
A week-and-a-half should be sufficient rest for Bali,right???????

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Oct 25th, 2010, 07:17 PM
If you lose the SF you have to play another match as well.
For 15 points!!! Ok it's also 10,000 dollar but 15 points? It's like playing an ITF round.

jelenacg
Oct 25th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Imagine Ana playing that match .She would be so motivated :lol: :lol:

spiritedenergy
Oct 25th, 2010, 09:42 PM
the field is so strong:scared:

Ajde babygurl!!!

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Oct 25th, 2010, 10:02 PM
Strong? I call this easy points. 3 wins for 375 points in this field.

spiritedenergy
Oct 25th, 2010, 10:26 PM
Strong? I call this easy points. 3 wins for 375 points in this field.

:spit:

the field is much tougher than Linz... Ana will have to play the best she's played this year to win the event...

Cp6uja
Oct 25th, 2010, 11:20 PM

the field is much tougher than Linz... Ana will have to play the best she's played this year to win the event...Linz level will be quite enough for this title IMO. All opponents there will be around TOP20 level, and playing TOP10 level tennis since USO Ana easy trashed couple opponents from that WTA class (Zheng 63 60, Kleybanova 63 62, Bartoli 62 63, Schnyder 61 62). I'm pretty sure that TOP15 level of tennis will be enough for this title and 7-5 6-4 type of win is also win :shrug: But like we know, when Ana playing bad - it was really bad and anyone can easy trash beat her.

Curtos07
Oct 26th, 2010, 12:03 AM
I don't think that's a very strong field. I would go as far as saying that Ana is the favorite if she brings her game.

Lord Choc Ice
Oct 26th, 2010, 12:04 AM
^ Yes. :worship:

jelenacg
Oct 26th, 2010, 12:29 AM
Weak or strong field i will reserve my judgment until i see Ana play
I learned my lesson with her :angel:

doni1212
Oct 26th, 2010, 02:12 AM
G'night,Doni:wavey:....I guess you won't be applying for a culinary position in Ana's entourage:lol:

bruce goose
Oct 26th, 2010, 05:26 AM
:lol:Actually,if you DID manage to land that gig as Ana's chef...and then burned the grilled-cheese sandwiches...you'd wind up in the employment line where Wade Phillips is soon headed....where you two would join Sven,Craig Kardon,Damian...and other Ana EX-employees of renown:p

gaviotabr
Oct 26th, 2010, 05:45 PM
It seems Ana is practicing at the National Tennis Center in London. Saw this on twitter:

Jon404 Jon Trow
Lunchtime somewhat improved by watching Ana Ivanovic here at the NTC. Apparently @Andy_Murray was playing too but I must have missed that ;)
2 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

http://twitter.com/#!/Jon404

gaviotabr
Oct 27th, 2010, 05:01 PM
From british player Katie O'Brien twitter:

katiejobrien Katie O'Brien
Practised with Ana Ivanovic this morning. There seemed to be an unusually high number of men loitering on the balcony...
3 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

http://twitter.com/#!/katiejobrien

cocco80
Oct 27th, 2010, 05:17 PM
From british player Katie O'Brien twitter:

http://twitter.com/#!/katiejobrien

well, nothing unusual about that.

jelenacg
Oct 27th, 2010, 11:16 PM

well, nothing unusual about that.

True :lol:
Btw what is Ana doing in London ?? Visiting Milos :shrug:

gaviotabr
Oct 28th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Ana hit with Laura Robson today at the NTC in London:

laurarobson5 Laura robson
http://yfrog.com/n3kulwj - Hit with Ana this morning. Great to have her at NTC the last few days!
17 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

InsideOut.
Oct 28th, 2010, 06:03 PM
But no reports on how she's hitting :(

BlackPanther.
Oct 30th, 2010, 05:45 PM
Coaching update:

Ana and Heinz Gunthardt have ceased their coaching relationship. The pair began working together in February, with Gunthardt serving as Ana's coach through to this month's China Open. Although the Swiss was an almost ever-present figure at Ana's tournaments during this time, he combined the role with his position as lead commentator for Swiss television.

"I'm very grateful to Heinz for all his hard work, and for sharing his knowledge with me," said Ana. "We had nice success together and we definitely made improvements to my game.

"Looking ahead, I really need a full-time coach who is with me at all tournaments and during training periods. Heinz has family and other obligations, which I fully respect, so he is unable to give me the kind of commitment I am looking for."

Gunthardt said: "It's been a real pleasure working with Ana. She's got lots of talent and I feel in the last few months the hard work that we have put in started to pay off. If Ana feels she needs a coach at her side full-time to be able to further improve, it cannot be me."

"I wish her all the best and I will be supporting her."

:wavey:
Thanks for all Heinz :worship:

jelenacg
Oct 30th, 2010, 05:47 PM
Disaster :rolleyes: :o
I`m so not optimistic about anything right now :banghead:
Off season preparation ... :help::tape:
Whatever :rolleyes:

Davodus
Oct 30th, 2010, 05:51 PM
I wish she would just wait until she found another coach :o

BlackPanther.
Oct 30th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Disaster :rolleyes: :o
I`m so not optimistic about anything right now :banghead:
Off season preparation ... :help::tape:
Whatever :rolleyes:

He has his reasons, Ana can't do anything :shrug:. Let's stay positive and pray for a good coach :lol::help:

jelenacg
Oct 30th, 2010, 05:54 PM
He has his reasons, Ana can't do anything :shrug:. Let's stay positive and pray for a good coach :lol::help:

I`m sick of being optimistic about decisions she makes :o
Good coach is not easy to find :hysteric:
She better not even think about APDP if she doesn`t find a full time coach :tape::tape:

I wish she would just wait until she found another coach :o
Me too or can`t he recommend some good coach he knows
Disaster ...

InsideOut.
Oct 30th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Fuck :help:

BlackPanther.
Oct 30th, 2010, 05:57 PM
She better not even think about APDP if she doesn`t find a full time coach :tape::tape:

:scared: She better not! That's what I'm afraid of. Still, I don't think Ana will do that mistake. :fiery:

InsideOut.
Oct 30th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Ana better get another GOAT coach now :rolleyes:

InsideOut.
Oct 30th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Go get Olga Morozova or something, please :shrug:

jelenacg
Oct 30th, 2010, 06:06 PM
Ana better get another GOAT coach now :rolleyes:

I agree :rolleyes:
I`m so depressed right now :sobbing:
Should have kept Heinz until she finds someone else :tape:
Disaster in coming as Izzy says,i don`t like this at all :help:

InsideOut.
Oct 30th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Still, apparently the contract ended after Beijing ... she still won Linz without Heinz, right? :unsure:

Davodus
Oct 30th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Only because she was still reaping the benefits of his coaching :o

jelenacg
Oct 30th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Still, apparently the contract ended after Beijing ... she still won Linz without Heinz, right? :unsure:

Sure but Beijing wasn`t that long ago .On the other hand spending 2,3 months without a coach :bolt:
Please,please Ana don`t spend off season preparation alone ,don`t be that stupid :fiery: again :rolleyes::rolleyes:

InsideOut.
Oct 30th, 2010, 06:17 PM
I hope Heinz recommended someone and they are already negotiating a 4-month contract or something :scared: Better be a great coach!

blueskye
Oct 30th, 2010, 07:02 PM
This constant changing of coaches, canno't be good..It would be nice if she found someone who would stick around for sometime :o Prefereably soon since the new season isint that far away!

Curtos07
Oct 30th, 2010, 07:09 PM
It really sucks that they couldn't stay together, but I am not part of the glom and doom crowd either and thinks she will go ack into a slump. Heinz got her out of it so she will at least be in a good place starting out with a new one.

InsideOut.
Oct 30th, 2010, 07:12 PM
I think she'll probably spend the off season with Dejan Vranes unless she finds a new coach...? :confused:

gaviotabr
Oct 30th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Oh noes.. :sobbing:

Uff.. I just hope she finds someone before off season. She can't afford spending yet another off season alone. If Heinz really couldn't give her the atention and commitment she felt like she needed, then it's better to end it now and find a new (great) coach before the off season begins. Ana needs to have proper training period for next year and it better be someone who will be with her for the new season. I can only pray for them to get someone fitting and really good.

It's a real pity it couldn't be Heinz.. :sobbing:

Curtos07
Oct 30th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Don't quote me on this, but I been told by someone who knows a friend of Ana that the reason why Ana was in London this past week is related to getting a new coach. Again, I have no way of confirming this, but I do trust this person and they have been right about things in the past related to Ana before it went public.

InsideOut.
Oct 30th, 2010, 08:00 PM
A British coach? :unsure:

gaviotabr
Oct 30th, 2010, 08:16 PM

It's difficult to be optimistic about Ana's decisions. Most of them have been totally disaster.. But I don't think she will go back to APDP. I think she made it clear she wants someone with her full time, and Sven obviously only has sunshine in mind.

Me too or can`t he recommend some good coach he knows
Disaster ...

I hope they are already negotiating with someone. Ana needs to start the off season already with the new coach.

gaviotabr
Oct 30th, 2010, 08:18 PM
Don't quote me on this, but I been told by someone who knows a friend of Ana that the reason why Ana was in London this past week is related to getting a new coach. Again, I have no way of confirming this, but I do trust this person and they have been right about things in the past related to Ana before it went public.

Interesting.. thanks Curtis! Hopefully she will get a good coach. She needs someone good.

gaviotabr
Oct 30th, 2010, 08:36 PM
The bad thing about all this is the constant coaching change. Each coach has a different way of work, different views.. Ana really needs some stability.

jelenacg
Oct 30th, 2010, 08:38 PM
If Heinz really couldn't give her the atention and commitment she felt like she needed, then it's better to end it now and find a new (great) coach before the off season begins

I know all of that but it still sucks :sobbing:
Now i have to worry about her finding a great coach. Better be some Goat coach and not some mug :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hopefully Curtis your info is true

gaviotabr
Oct 30th, 2010, 08:40 PM
I know all of that but it still sucks :sobbing:
Now i have to worry about her finding a great coach. Better be some Goat coach and not some mug :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hopefully Curtis your info is true

Hey Jelena!

Yeah.. it definitely sucks.. but there is not much that can be done about it.. they just have to dig deep and find a new great coach. Another Heinz, not another Kardon.

gloria7
Oct 30th, 2010, 08:41 PM
There was an article in "The Sunday Times",published in february 2009 -"Ana Ivanovic hopes new coach will jump start her career".I found that article: "Early this year Ivanovic,21,identified the need for a full-time coach to help put her career back on track and formulated a short list of candidates.One surprise name that figured was that of John Lloyd,Briton's Davis Cup captain...In the end Lloyd did not get the job but another man,American Craig Kardon..."
Anyway,that was last year.

gaviotabr
Oct 30th, 2010, 08:49 PM
There was an article in "The Sunday Times",published in february 2009 -"Ana Ivanovic hopes new coach will jump start her career".I found that article: "Early this year Ivanovic,21,identified the need for a full-time coach to help put her career back on track and formulated a short list of candidates.One surprise name that figured was that of John Lloyd,Briton's Davis Cup captain...In the end Lloyd did not get the job but another man,American Craig Kardon..."
Anyway,that was last year.

I was just thinking about that now.. I hope she gets a better coach though.. :tape:

jelenacg
Oct 30th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Hey Jelena!

Yeah.. it definitely sucks.. but there is not much that can be done about it.. they just have to dig deep and find a new great coach. Another Heinz, not another Kardon.

Hey Izzy
I agree and hopefully those rumors from `09 will stay just that.Ana needs better coach :rolleyes:
At least she will play Bali and we`ll get some info about coaching situation

spiritedenergy
Oct 30th, 2010, 09:01 PM
:o No Ana was liking him so much, she was trusting him... and the win in Linz sure is a result of Heinz work... But maybe she asked him to be with her for the off-season and he could't? But it's strange... she could have trained in Swizterland, but maybe she wanted to train in Australia, i really can't understand:o

I hope she'll find a great coach, better than Kardon and Sven:o

gaviotabr
Oct 30th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Hey Izzy
I agree and hopefully those rumors from `09 will stay just that.Ana needs better coach :rolleyes:
At least she will play Bali and we`ll get some info about coaching situation

I hope we get some info.. Ana and her team don't usually talk about anything before it's actually a done deal. :shrug:

I also hope the rumors stay as that.. John Lloyd was an ok player and Davis Cup capitain... but Ana needs an experienced woman's coach, who is very very good at what he does and clicks with her. High task.

gaviotabr
Oct 30th, 2010, 09:13 PM
:o No Ana was liking him so much, she was trusting him... and the win in Linz sure is a result of Heinz work... But maybe she asked him to be with her for the off-season and he could't? But it's strange... she could have trained in Swizterland, but maybe she wanted to train in Australia, i really can't understand:o

I hope she'll find a great coach, better than Kardon and Sven:o

Sven has been annoying me so much lately.. even more when I think all he did messing with Ana's mind and game. :o Kardon was such a bad choice.. :o They need to find a great coach now.

bruce goose
Oct 30th, 2010, 09:16 PM
Don't wanna rush to conclusions here.....I can only say what a f--king tragedy it'd be if she had an offseason like 2008 and 2009 again.Ana still needs direction at this point in her life...fortunately,she seems to realize that...at least outwardly

jelenacg
Oct 30th, 2010, 09:19 PM
I hope we get some info.. Ana and her team don't usually talk about anything before it's actually a done deal. :shrug:

For now i`ll be happy if she says she`ll find someone before off season preparation starts.Just don`t spend off season alone :tape:
Sven has been annoying me so much lately.. even more when I think he all he did messing with Ana's mind and game. :o

Don`t even mention Sven :rolleyes: I can`t stand him now :ras:

gaviotabr
Oct 30th, 2010, 09:23 PM
So many coaching changes the past 2 seasons:

Sven-Kardon-Darren-Sven-Heinz-?

gaviotabr
Oct 30th, 2010, 09:24 PM
For now i`ll be happy if she says she`ll find someone before off season preparation starts.Just don`t spend off season alone :tape:

Yeah.. she can't afford to spend the off season alone. Needs the new coach to be with her by the time the preparations for next year start.

Don`t even mention Sven :rolleyes: I can`t stand him now :ras:

Yes, soooo annoying. :o

jelenacg
Oct 30th, 2010, 09:29 PM
So many coaching changes the past 2 seasons:

Sven-Kardon-Darren-Sven-Heinz-?

That`s too much :tape: Even more depressing/worrying is that only Heinz was able to get through to her and make her play better :scared:

gaviotabr
Oct 30th, 2010, 09:33 PM
That`s too much :tape: Even more depressing/worrying is that only Heinz was able to get through to her and make her play better :scared:

Yes.. :sobbing: worrisome.. they really need to find a very good coach who can reach her.

spiritedenergy
Oct 30th, 2010, 09:46 PM
she needs to find the right personality that can click with her, people like Sven and Cahill absolutely not, they seem to care more for themselves than for the player. Kardon I don't now, it just seems he wasn't that great of a coach, he was just obsessed with net rushing:o

Heinz was great because he didn't try to change ana's game, he made her believe that her game is the right game for her. Sven even tried to change Caroline's game according to something i read but she decided to stick to her own which is what she does best, too bad ana wasn't so mature at the time...

Lord Choc Ice
Oct 30th, 2010, 09:53 PM
Ana. :scared:

gaviotabr
Oct 30th, 2010, 10:25 PM
she needs to find the right personality that can click with her, people like Sven and Cahill absolutely not, they seem to care more for themselves than for the player. Kardon I don't now, it just seems he wasn't that great of a coach, he was just obsessed with net rushing:o

Heinz was great because he didn't try to change ana's game, he made her believe that her game is the right game for her. Sven even tried to change Caroline's game according to something i read but she decided to stick to her own which is what she does best, too bad ana wasn't so mature at the time...

The thing with Ana is that she only has herself.. and she was imature and insecure at the time.. still a bit now. Caroline has her dad, who she can thank for many milestones of her career. He thinks she is the best player in the world and makes her believe it all the time.

spiritedenergy
Oct 30th, 2010, 10:29 PM
The thing with Ana is that she only has herself.. and she was imature and insecure at the time.. still a bit now. Caroline has her dad, who she can thank for many milestones of her career. He thinks she is the best player in the world and makes her believe it all the time.

yes that's so true... tennis dads/parents are actually a great thing for tennis players... Sometimes i hope ana's family was a bit more involved...

jelenacg
Oct 30th, 2010, 10:38 PM
He thinks she is the best player in the world and makes her believe it all the time.

Talk about being delusional :lol::lol:
I expect Kim to explain few things to Caro tomorrow .
Btw i found it very stupid that on court coaching is allowed in Doha. It shouldn`t be allowed, just like at GSs

Lord Choc Ice
Oct 30th, 2010, 10:44 PM
I liked this pairing...

Oh well, just find someone before the off-season please Ana!

cocco80
Oct 30th, 2010, 11:15 PM
I was afraid this was gonna happen sooner or later. sooner than I predicted. I think it's a very bad idea. She's just started showing glimpses of her old self after so long. After almost 2 years we could've seen her confident and actually enjoying herself on the court.
I understand she wants a full time coach, but maybe she could've made some kind of a compromise for the time being until she finds someone to occupy that position.

I'm very sceptic about this. I hope I'm wrong though.

bruce goose
Oct 30th, 2010, 11:20 PM
The thing with Ana is that she only has herself.. and she was imature and insecure at the time.. still a bit now. Caroline has her dad, who she can thank for many milestones of her career. He thinks she is the best player in the world and makes her believe it all the time.Amen:worship:.You've seen me post what a glaring difference there was between Piotr,Richard Williams....and Ana's parents:o...and how that has stunted Ana's maturity as a young woman.I think things might be better now as long as Marija is still on board;most likely,she's confident enough to give it to Ana straight...no BS.Ana was talking with Marija even before she officially became a member of the team,so it wouldn't surprise me if Marija played a role in persuading Ana to drop that 175 lbs. of Australian pig manure that was slowing her down(Marija and I are almost the same age,btw...is she married?:hearts:).

In a couple years,Ana might reach a stage where full-time coaching is no longer crucial but,for now,she needs that steadying rudder...as you said

jelenacg
Oct 30th, 2010, 11:22 PM
So apparently Sunshine is switching to Yonex .I swear if this is true ,i don`t even know what to think :bolt:
What a copycat :haha: :tape::help:
Let`s see:
Adidas player development programme
Working with Sven
Rolex
Fernando
And now Yonex :help:

Someone give her Adam`s phone number please !!:lol::help::rolleyes:

spiritedenergy
Oct 31st, 2010, 12:06 AM
Cp6uja wrote Heinz was available for 20-25 weeks per year and Ana's team wanted a 40 weeks per year commitment... 20-25 weeks per year means 5-6 full months, which is pretty good, considering there are several holes during a season... unless he didn't want to work with her in the off-season, i can't understand this decision. They should have waited a bit more... also it's not like Ana needs much help at this point, her game and technique are there, she just needs confidence and match play:shrug:

jelenacg
Oct 31st, 2010, 12:10 AM
Cp6uja wrote Heinz was available for 20-25 weeks per year and Ana's team wanted a 40 weeks per year commitment... 20-25 weeks per year means 5-6 full months, which is pretty good, considering there are several holes during a season... unless he didn't want to work with her in the off-season, i can't understand this decision. They should have waited a bit more... also it's not like Ana needs much help at this point, her game and technique are there, she just needs confidence and match play:shrug:

I think off season was a problem :shrug:
Also Heinz mother died recently so maybe he wanted to spend more time with his family :shrug:

spiritedenergy
Oct 31st, 2010, 12:21 AM
I think off season was a problem :shrug:
Also Heinz mother died recently so maybe he wanted to spend more time with his family :shrug:

Oh i didn't know that, that must be the reason :sad:

Adrian1092
Oct 31st, 2010, 12:38 AM
So apparently Sunshine is switching to Yonex .I swear if this is true ,i don`t even know what to think :bolt:
Let`s see:
Working with Sven
Rolex
Fernando

:help: :lol: What a joke! Not even funny anymore how she just wants to be Ana :rolls: Where did you hear about yonex and Caro?

Marilyn Monheaux
Oct 31st, 2010, 03:29 AM
Oh noes. :crying2: Things are gonna go downhill again.:tears:

bruce goose
Oct 31st, 2010, 03:40 AM
Well,I can think of a couple ways in which Caro doesn't seek to copy Ana....For one,there doesn't seem to be much of a relationship between her and Nando(except in FV's fantasies:lol:);despite having the day off,she didn't bother sitting in his box for the slaughter that Rafa foisted on him at the USO:p.....More relevantly,she played WELL,instead of like pure D shit,after getting the #1 ranking.Not only did she win Beijing,she made the final of a YEC by whipping up on Zvonareva with a 2nd-set bagel....Honestly,I'd LOVE to see a Carovanovic Era:) in the WTA as the WS and other older players drift from the scene

Lord Choc Ice
Oct 31st, 2010, 03:41 AM
Let`s see:
Working with Sven
Rolex
Fernando

Oh my God. :o

Lord Choc Ice
Oct 31st, 2010, 03:47 AM
Well,I can think of a couple ways in which Caro doesn't seek to copy Ana....For one,there doesn't seem to be much of a relationship between her and Nando(except in FV's fantasies:lol:);despite having the day off,she didn't bother sitting in his box for the slaughter that Rafa foisted on him at the USO:p.....More relevantly,she played WELL,instead of like pure D shit,after getting the #1 ranking.Not only did she win Beijing,she made the final of a YEC by whipping up on Zvonareva with a 2nd-set bagel....Honestly,I'd LOVE to see a Carovanovic Era:) in the WTA as the WS and other older players drift from the scene

Why do you say it like that? :p I don't think Nando would fantastize dating Caro just 'cause she's now #1. In my opinion it's harder to be Top 10 in the ATP than #1 in the WTA. :devil:

Anyway I'd prefer a Sharapanovic era but that's just me. :p

bruce goose
Oct 31st, 2010, 05:41 AM
Why do you say it like that? :p I don't think Nando would fantastize dating Caro just 'cause she's now #1. In my opinion it's harder to be Top 10 in the ATP than #1 in the WTA. :devil:

Anyway I'd prefer a Sharapanovic era but that's just me. :pWell,I won't begrudge your wishes for Big Masha;I actually don't dislike her at all...but I can't see why you think it's so hard to be in the Top 10 of the ATP.Top Two??Definitely...but the rest are nothing but a bunch of gutless chokers....Other than Rafa and Fed,NONE of them will be remembered by casual fans ten years from now...but NO one will forget Masha,Ana and Caro...even girls like them.I'll cut Nole SOME slack cuz he's 'Mr.Ivanovic' and I like his sense of humor:hatoff:

InsideOut.
Oct 31st, 2010, 09:36 AM
:o at Caro probably switching to Yonex; what a bitch.

Lord Choc Ice
Oct 31st, 2010, 09:50 AM
Well,I won't begrudge your wishes for Big Masha;I actually don't dislike her at all...but I can't see why you think it's so hard to be in the Top 10 of the ATP.Top Two??Definitely...but the rest are nothing but a bunch of gutless chokers....Other than Rafa and Fed,NONE of them will be remembered by casual fans ten years from now...but NO one will forget Masha,Ana and Caro...even girls like them.I'll cut Nole SOME slack cuz he's 'Mr.Ivanovic' and I like his sense of humor:hatoff:

I think we're never going to agree, but I think you're too hard on the ATP.

The WTA has also had periods where two players have dominated. It doesn't mean the rest of them are gutless chokers. It just means that there are two players better than everyone else.

When Serena and Venus reached every slam final from like USO '01 to AO '03, would you have said all the other WTA players at that time were gutless chokers? :lol: Same with Evert-Navrat or Graf-Seles? :confused:

Besides "Fedal", 4 other ATP players have reached slam finals this year (Djokovic, Murray, Soderling, and Berdych), and all of them beat either Federer or Nadal on their way to the finals...it's just hard to beat both of them at the same slam. :shrug: And in those finals (I was actually lucky enough to see all of them), they didn't choke gutlessly, they just ran into better players on the day.

soul
Oct 31st, 2010, 11:09 AM
Let`s see:
Working with Sven
Rolex
Fernando

Toataly u r right;I was thinking the same

Davodus
Oct 31st, 2010, 11:11 AM
Wozniacki :rolleyes: Such a wannabe. Also I really don't see any Yonex racquets suiting her game, so I hope she does switch :shrug:

soul
Oct 31st, 2010, 11:13 AM
So what ANA needs now is being coachless; I dont jnow any poper name except Heinz.He wasthe ideal person for ANA.I dont know but the new coach should be the on who shoulD give more help han ANA and no names come to my mind.
And 2011 dreams blew away from my side

jelenacg
Oct 31st, 2010, 11:14 AM
:help: :lol: What a joke! Not even funny anymore how she just wants to be Ana :rolls: Where did you hear about yonex and Caro?

I read it on twitter
...it's just hard to beat both of them at the same slam. :shrug:
I agree ,only Del Porto did it so far right?
And in those finals (I was actually lucky enough to see all of them), they didn't choke gutlessly, they just ran into better players on the day.

Murray played poorly against Federer imo.I really thought he had a chance . And Nadal was just better than Soderling,Berdych ,Novak

Lord Choc Ice
Oct 31st, 2010, 11:30 AM
^ Well yeah Murray has the H2H advantage over Federer and should've played better in the AO final but that doesn't make him a gutless choker. :p He's beaten Fed in 2 Masters finals this year...it's not like Federer and Nadal have a stranglehold on every single title. :o

gaviotabr
Oct 31st, 2010, 11:48 AM
According to this article Ana is already in Bali and the draw will be made on tuesday, November 2nd.

http://sport.vivanews.com/news/read/185984-tinggal-li-na-yang-belum-tiba-di-bali

gaviotabr
Oct 31st, 2010, 01:02 PM
From facebook:

Ana Ivanovic What a place to end the season! It is so, so beautiful here. I just need to keep reminding myself that I am here for a tournament! I love the beach, so this is a perfect venue for me. It's a unique format: kind of like starting a tournament from the quarter-final stage. The draw is on Tuesday and I understand I will wear some traditional Balinese outfit, which will be fun.

Oh Ana, please remember you ARE there to play a tournament. Focus just a little bit more!

Davodus
Oct 31st, 2010, 01:16 PM
:o focus please, this isnt a holiday.

gaviotabr
Oct 31st, 2010, 01:42 PM
New diary:

Bali arrival
Search this site:
Home › About Ana › Diary
Bali arrival

What a place to end the season! It is so, so beautiful here. I just need to keep reminding myself that I am here for a tournament!

I love the beach, so this is a perfect venue for me. It's a unique format: kind of like starting a tournament from the quarter-final stage. The draw is on Tuesday and I understand I will wear some traditional Balinese outfit, which will be fun.

I'm feeling good about my game. The Linz tournament was obviously a very important week for me, my first win in a long time. I learnt a lot from that experience. For example, I entered right at the very last minute. I had only just arrived back from Beijing, and I totally changed my schedule.

In the past, perhaps I wouldn't have been so open to changing everything on the spot, but I felt like I played some very good tennis in Beijing, and I couldn't wait to get back on the court.

Obviously it was a decision that paid off. I felt great during all my matches there, and I really wanted to continue it all in Luxembourg, but it was one tournament too far.

You may have seen that Heinz and I have stopped working together, so I'm in the process of looking for a new coach. It's important that I have someone with me full-time next season. For now I am fine: I played Linz and Luxembourg without a coach, and I am familiar with the games of all the players here, apart from Date.

Thanks a lot for all your messages after I won Linz. I enjoyed reading them.

Love
Ana

I'm scared about the coach bit... Ana needs a coach, and needs one for the off season, I hope she doesn't forget that. :o

bruce goose
Oct 31st, 2010, 01:50 PM
I think we're never going to agree, but I think you're too hard on the ATP.

The WTA has also had periods where two players have dominated. It doesn't mean the rest of them are gutless chokers. It just means that there are two players better than everyone else.

When Serena and Venus reached every slam final from like USO '01 to AO '03, would you have said all the other WTA players at that time were gutless chokers? :lol: Same with Evert-Navrat or Graf-Seles? :confused:

Besides "Fedal", 4 other ATP players have reached slam finals this year (Djokovic, Murray, Soderling, and Berdych), and all of them beat either Federer or Nadal on their way to the finals...it's just hard to beat both of them at the same slam. :shrug: And in those finals (I was actually lucky enough to see all of them), they didn't choke gutlessly, they just ran into better players on the day.Yeah,I use the term 'gutless chokers' not only b/c some of the male players really ARE like that but,as you said,I simply enjoy piling on the ATP;)

It's simply disgraceful for an athlete--especially a male athlete,in my old-fashioned views--to NEVER beat his rival,as is the case with Verdasco and Nadal...and most of the other ATP Top 10 have somewhat similar personal histories.It's not just that Rafa and Fed have totally dominated the Slams...it's that they are rarely even PUSHED...and that's what makes the ATP's current bunch so pathetic.

You've seen me kid Doni about her Pittsburgh Steelers,who now dominate their fomrmerly-tough rivals,the Cleveland Browns.Yet,even though the Browns' owner is an assclown who has made his franchise a joke,the Browns managed to 'man up',show some fire and beat the Steelers last year...this despite a major talent disparity.As a weaker bunch like the Browns can beat the SB champs when they totally give their all,that should give you greater perspective on why I have so little respect for the sissy punks--"Mr.Ivanovic" excluded--who fill out the ATP Top 10.

Let's see: Only TWICE has an active player other than 'Fedal' won a Slam in the last SEVEN YEARS;that's laughably sad.In the examples you gave,only Evert-Navrat lasted that long in the women's game before Steffi broke it up.Even at the peak of Graf-Seles,Sanchez Vicario,Sabatini and Pierce would beat those two in Slam events...and in the most dominant stretch of the WS,they'd still lose sometimes to Hingis,Capriati, or Davenport...but,YES,to answer your question.The WTA WAS ridiculed for lack of depth in those eras...and rightfully so.

One more comment: I'm kinda glad that Henin hasn't dominated on clay in her return as she used to do...as that grants more legitimacy to the notion that Ana MIGHT have beaten her at RG 2008 had they met:angel:

jelenacg
Oct 31st, 2010, 02:09 PM
:o focus please, this isnt a holiday.

:lol::lol:
I just knew she would like Bali :lol:
New diary:

I'm scared about the coach bit... Ana needs a coach, and needs one for the off season, I hope she doesn't forget that. :o

Ana is right for now she is fine but she needs to find some good coach soon.

Davodus
Oct 31st, 2010, 02:18 PM
Well bad luck if you play Kimiko Ana, because her game is very weird and nothing like she would have seen before :o I could definitely see Ana losing to Kimiko :lol:

jelenacg
Oct 31st, 2010, 02:21 PM
Well bad luck if you play Kimiko Ana, because her game is very weird and nothing like she would have seen before :o I could definitely see Ana losing to Kimiko :lol:

Me too :tape::lol: but i think Izzy said Ana can`t play her before SF

gaviotabr
Oct 31st, 2010, 02:25 PM
Me too :tape::lol: but i think Izzy said Ana can`t play her before SF

:lol: Yeah... they can't play before semis. Hopefully Kimiko ends up on the other half of the draw. :spit:

jelenacg
Oct 31st, 2010, 02:39 PM
:lol: Yeah... they can't play before semis. Hopefully Kimiko ends up on the other half of the draw. :spit:

With our luck Ana will play her in SF and then she will be free to focus on more important things... :tape::lol:

bruce goose
Oct 31st, 2010, 05:28 PM
:lol: Yeah... they can't play before semis. Hopefully Kimiko ends up on the other half of the draw. :spit:Well,maybe she overcame her phobia of short Asians when she annihilated Zheng a little while back:p

Lord Choc Ice
Oct 31st, 2010, 08:15 PM
:lol: I don't think Ana would lose to Kimiko. She's not sick Pova or injured Dinara.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Oct 31st, 2010, 10:21 PM
From facebook:

Ana Ivanovic What a place to end the season! It is so, so beautiful here. I just need to keep reminding myself that I am here for a tournament! I love the beach, so this is a perfect venue for me. It's a unique format: kind of like starting a tournament from the quarter-final stage. The draw is on Tuesday and I understand I will wear some traditional Balinese outfit, which will be fun.

I think she said the same the day before she lost to Poutchkova.

gaviotabr
Oct 31st, 2010, 10:39 PM
I think she said the same the day before she lost to Poutchkova.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Oct 31st, 2010, 11:20 PM

Maybe not the same words, but I remember it was a day full fashion and whatever more. Then played one of her worst matches.
Just hope she has and gets enough rest for her first match so she can play at 100%.

gaviotabr
Oct 31st, 2010, 11:23 PM
Maybe not the same words, but I remember it was a day full fashion and whatever more. Then played one of her worst matches.
Just hope she has and gets enough rest for her first match so she can play at 100%.

Yeah.. I remember that.. :o

Ana needs to put some effort this week.. It's just 3 matches, but she has to be focused.

Cp6uja
Nov 1st, 2010, 10:50 PM
I think she said the same the day before she lost to Poutchkova.Maybe not the same words, but I remember it was a day full fashion and whatever more. Then played one of her worst matches.
Just hope she has and gets enough rest for her first match so she can play at 100%.Ana says that about Bali probably because she really like such places :shrug:

But in hers 2006 Bali appearance she made one really big (and dumb) mistake swimming on local beach just couple hours before opening match, so thanks to excepted muscles reactions, on court she lose feeling for all her shots and easy lose that match against mediocre underdog. I heard about similar examples which happen at Croatian ATP Umag tournament when many players use opportunity to swimming before matches and make disasters. Only couple guys can handle with that (like Carlos Moya which is not surprise b/c he is from Mallorca). So after such bad 2006 experience I doubt Ana will repeat same stupidity this time :shrug:

Curtos07
Nov 2nd, 2010, 07:37 AM
Ana plays Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova in her 1st match. She gets either Li Na or Kimiko in her 2nd match. Meanwhile, the 3 most beatable players (Rezai, Wickmayer and Hantuchova) are on the other side of the draw. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Davodus
Nov 2nd, 2010, 07:48 AM
I don't think it's a bad draw...she always seems to beat pavs, Li Na lost to Chakvetadze in straight sets in Moscow, and Kimiko is tough on this kind of surface but also always beatable when you hit a heavy ball...Being such a small field, I don't think a good or bad draw exists..you only gotta win 3 matches to win it, and Ana could beat anyone in this draw easily on her day, so we'll see what happens.

InsideOut.
Nov 2nd, 2010, 07:57 AM
Best of luck against Pavs :cool: Don't care how you win, just do it!

gaviotabr
Nov 2nd, 2010, 08:12 AM
Ana plays Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova in her 1st match. She gets either Li Na or Kimiko in her 2nd match. Meanwhile, the 3 most beatable players (Rezai, Wickmayer and Hantuchova) are on the other side of the draw. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I don't like the draw either Curtis.. :sobbing: I wish Ana could swap places with Kleybs and the last time I felt like that Ana lost in the first round and Kleybs won the title (Seoul). :sobbing:

I know Ana owns Pavs, but she has shown a recent tedency of losing to players she used to own.. :sobbing:

The court in Bali is ultra fast and I'm not sure that suits Ana at all. :o

gaviotabr
Nov 2nd, 2010, 08:13 AM
But well.. the draw is what it is.. I hope Ana fights for it! She can definitely beat anyone if she is focused and determined. Ajde!

Davodus
Nov 2nd, 2010, 08:17 AM
So many Negative Nancys in here :p The really fast court won't really suit pavs either, she has ultra big swings and a tendency to shank her forehand when the ball comes fast into it. I actually think the court suits Hantuchova quite well, so I'm glad Ana is away from her (although I could be wrong about that, but her flat shots should be good on this surface)...I dunno about Li and Kimiko...Li has been making about 80 errors per match lately, and Kimiko isn't that good...we'll see. Like I said I think the draw was never gonna be easy, nor hard. Too few people around the same level for that.

Curtos07
Nov 2nd, 2010, 08:24 AM
I don't like the draw either Curtis.. :sobbing: I wish Ana could swap places with Kleybs and the last time I felt like that Ana lost in the first round and Kleybs won the title (Seoul). :sobbing:

I know Ana owns Pavs, but she has shown a recent tedency of losing to players she used to own.. :sobbing:

The court in Bali is ultra fast and I'm not sure that suits Ana at all. :o

I don't know. Cincy and USO were quite fast and she played well on it. Seoul I believe was supposed to be more slow and she lost. With Ana, things seem to be backwards this year.

Curtos07
Nov 2nd, 2010, 10:02 AM
Ana plays the very 1st match on Thursday, beginning at 5:30 P Bali time.

gaviotabr
Nov 2nd, 2010, 10:11 AM
Ana plays the very 1st match on Thursday, beginning at 5:30 P Bali time.

This article says Ana's match is at 8pm. :scratch: Kevin wasn't really clear on twitter with his reply to you I think.. he said matches start at 5:30 and 8 pm when you asked if Ana was playing at 5:30. :scratch:

http://us.detiksport.com/read/2010/11/02/144614/1482770/79/li-tantang-date-ivanovic-jajal-pavlyuchenkova

It's going to be thursday either way.. I'll have classes.. :sobbing: Now I definitely wanted Ana to swap places with Kleybs.

gaviotabr
Nov 2nd, 2010, 10:12 AM
I don't know. Cincy and USO were quite fast and she played well on it. Seoul I believe was supposed to be more slow and she lost. With Ana, things seem to be backwards this year.

That's true.. but this is a super ultra fast court.. looks much faster than those you mention.

Lord Choc Ice
Nov 2nd, 2010, 10:20 AM
Ana won Linz recently playing some great tennis, and lost (while tired) in the QF of Lux. I think we should have more confidence in her. :p

gaviotabr
Nov 2nd, 2010, 10:22 AM
This article says Ana's match is at 8pm. :scratch: Kevin wasn't really clear on twitter with his reply to you I think.. he said matches start at 5:30 and 8 pm when you asked if Ana was playing at 5:30. :scratch:

http://us.detiksport.com/read/2010/11/02/144614/1482770/79/li-tantang-date-ivanovic-jajal-pavlyuchenkova

It's going to be thursday either way.. I'll have classes.. :sobbing: Now I definitely wanted Ana to swap places with Kleybs.

Ok, OOP officially out. Ana plays at 5:30pm.

1st match
Starting at 5:30 PM

Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA (RUS)
vs
Ana IVANOVIC (SRB) - -

2nd match Followed by Not Before at 8:00 PM

Na LI (CHN)
vs
Kimiko DATE KRUMM (JPN)

http://www.commbanktennis.com/

Lord Choc Ice
Nov 2nd, 2010, 10:26 AM
I wouldn't overestimate Kimiko either. She has beaten some good players but really only when they've been injured or really off.

Cp6uja
Nov 2nd, 2010, 12:38 PM
Why people here like to be so negative :rolleyes:

For example, instead to complain, we all should to give big credit to Caroline Wozniacki for choosing perfect role model, no matter what is real reasons for all this wannabe copycat actions :shrug:
http://i1.sinaimg.cn/ty/62/2010/1008/U2874P675T62D91F1361DT20101008204131.jpg

And 2nd... this whole hysteria about Kimiko Date only because "tied" 0-0 h2h :confused:. If Ana plays badly anyone here will beat her easy in straight sets. But with her standard Cincy-USO-Beijing-Linz performances from last 2-3 months she is bold favorite to win this title at tournament with field like this (and also surface like this). BTW despite arguable better shape, its not that sure that Kimiko will beat Na Li in R1 (match between tournament worst and best ranked players).

gaviotabr
Nov 2nd, 2010, 04:19 PM
Ana on facebook:

Ana Ivanovic
The field here in Bali is strong so I was guaranteed a tough first round match and Pavlyuchenkova will definitely be a difficult opponent. The court is very, very fast and it's going to be an intense match, with both of us trying to get the first blow early in each rally.

Today, after an early practice, I took part in a media event at ...a spa
and then I attended a very nice lunch, before the draw ceremony.
Everything was finished by 3pm, so I could spend the rest of the day
relaxing, enjoying the beautiful beaches.

It's an extra fast court.. aiss.. I don't think there will be rallies at all.. :scared:

And Ana! You are at a tournament, focus! This is not holidays yet even though it might look like with all the spas and beaches!

hellas719
Nov 3rd, 2010, 04:22 AM
Kick some Bali ass now! :drool:

gaviotabr
Nov 3rd, 2010, 10:28 AM
From an interview with Jonh Isner is today's swiss newspaper Basler Zeitung:

Who is the most beautiful tennis player?

Ana Ivanovic. She is soooo beautiful. And very, very nice.

She is without a coach now.

Oh.. maybe I can help her!

Lord Choc Ice
Nov 3rd, 2010, 10:39 AM
John just earned a couple of points with me. :p

jelenacg
Nov 3rd, 2010, 11:13 AM

Help in what ?? :hehehe::spit:

Btw i can`t believe they asked her about twitter/facebook but didn`t ask her about new coach :o
edit
She/he did ask her ,no name in mind yet to replace Heinz.

cocco80
Nov 3rd, 2010, 11:30 AM
Good luck to Anci.. keep your head cool at all times !!!

Anyway, I find this comment a bit strange coming from Isner, having in mind that episode of heavy flirting with Caro on twitter. But he had to tell the truth. I don't blame him.

Davodus
Nov 3rd, 2010, 11:40 AM

Isner trying to become the new Verdasco, trying to get in with all the WTA players :lol:

But no thanks, no coaching necessary from you John ;)

gaviotabr
Nov 3rd, 2010, 12:07 PM
Help in what ?? :hehehe::spit:

Btw i can`t believe they asked her about twitter/facebook but didn`t ask her about new coach :o
edit
She/he did ask her ,no name in mind yet to replace Heinz.

I think the right question would be when does she expect to have a new coach. Even if she has names in mind, she would not say.

InsideOut.
Nov 3rd, 2010, 12:10 PM
Oh, I don't know - Isner might be really helpful for getting a GOAT serve :speakles:

jelenacg
Nov 3rd, 2010, 12:24 PM
I think the right question would be when does she expect to have a new coach. Even if she has names in mind, she would not say.

Yes that would be the right question ,hopefully he can ask her that next time
I was not expecting her to say names of the coaches ,just to say yes we have someone in mind.
Time flies... and it`s already November ,they don`t have that much time really

gaviotabr
Nov 3rd, 2010, 12:33 PM
Yes that would be the right question ,hopefully he can ask her that next time
I was not expecting her to say names of the coaches ,just to say yes we have someone in mind.
Time flies... and it`s already November ,they don`t have that much time really

Yes, you are right.. And Ana really caan't afford to spend yet another off season without a coach. They should have 2 weeks now to get the names, do the interviews and pick the coach.

powetrip
Nov 3rd, 2010, 01:29 PM
Oh, I don't know - Isner might be really helpful for getting a GOAT serve :speakles:

He could also give her useful advice on how to change light bulbs and curtains in her house

Davodus
Nov 3rd, 2010, 01:50 PM
That tennis_updates on twitter is really good, asking Ana all these questions and giving us great information :lol: now she is thinking about getting twitter :p

bruce goose
Nov 3rd, 2010, 04:11 PM
Well,Isner is definitely STUPID enough to qualify as an Ana bf,but he lacks the superificial,outward charisma that her previous guys have had........and he might be just barely smart enough to realize that he doesn't have any legitimate shot:lol:

On to more important stuff,do you suppose that Heinz may have given any SUGGESTIONS on a replacement?Would he be willing to offer some if Ana asked?If Ana doesn't feel comfortable asking Heinz for that,can we count on Holzmann to offer another excellent option?My concern is whether or not Ana has anyone besides Dan who can provide good input here.....I shudder to think that she'd ask her PARENTS for advice on this:o

gaviotabr
Nov 3rd, 2010, 11:05 PM
Today's news entry at Ana's web has Ana sharing some thoughts on the courts and tomorrow's match:

"I've practised with a few of the players in the draw, and I'm getting used to the conditions. It's obviously very hot here, and very humid, so actually I am happy that we play indoors. The court is very fast, so it's going to be important that I made a good start, and that my timing is there.

"On a fast indoor court, if you start badly, the match can get away from you very quickly. It's going to be quite an intense match. I've played her a couple of times before so I know what to expect, although she's improved a lot since we last met."

I just hope Ana doesn't give up if she happens to not have the best start. You can always win a match, no matter how you begin it. She needs to be ready to fight and be focused.

A title here would be huge as she would end the year inside the top 20. But one win is already a huge step in garanteeing that top 24 seeding for AO. She needs to put in the effort and fight. Come on Ana! Ajde!

Dexter
Nov 4th, 2010, 11:39 AM
60 61. :cool:
I just watched the 2nd set. Pav was awful, Ana was doing the right things, being quite patient and serving well.

Lord Choc Ice
Nov 4th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Ana was good, but not really tested. Looking good overall though. Only one DF (in the last game I think).

Davodus
Nov 4th, 2010, 11:43 AM
I would have liked to see a double bagel, but that is the only thing to complain about :lol: Pavs was awful, but Ana was basically error free, and I saw quite a few serves above 190km/h, so that's good :yeah: seems Ana likes this ridiculous court that makes it look about 5 times smaller than normal :lol:

Marilyn Monheaux
Nov 4th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Missed most of the match, but YAY!!! :cheer:

Lord Choc Ice
Nov 4th, 2010, 11:49 AM
I think Pavly's strategy for this match might've been hoping Ana would gradually play as bad as her. :tape:

Curtos07
Nov 4th, 2010, 11:55 AM
I wanted a double bagel so badly. But I jinxed her. :lol: Oh well, breadstick and bagel isn't too bad. :p

jelenacg
Nov 4th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Nice win Ana,keep it up

She is playing next match on her birthday :)

bruce goose
Nov 4th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Impressive ass-whupping:cool:!With such a small field,I'm glad that Ana faces some respectable opponents as this adds more legitimacy to her potential win AND,possibly,gives her more confidence...just don't get so confident that you change your mind about full-time coaching,Ana;)

Davodus
Nov 4th, 2010, 03:47 PM
So Kimiko next...Ana needs the right tactics for this..heavy balls with shape to Kimiko's forehand would be very hard for Kimiko to handle...She likes the ball coming low and fast, but she isn't as good when the ball is heavy and she has to generate her own pace. If Ana plays a smart, solid match, she should win.

Dexter
Nov 4th, 2010, 03:49 PM
Ana will play Kimiko, who dealt with Li Na in 3 sets. Too bad the match isn't played tomorrow. :devil:
Kimiko had major problems to hold, Ana will have a lot of chances to break that serve of hers. And if Ana continues to serve as well as she was today she shouldn't have much trouble. Kimiko struggles against girls who can outhit her from the first strike. Look at Groth for example. She crushed Kimiko each time they played. Ana is capable of the same sort of tennis, only 10 times better.

InsideOut.
Nov 4th, 2010, 04:54 PM
:rolls: Easiest win since RG 08 :yeah:

Cp6uja
Nov 4th, 2010, 05:42 PM
To not repeat myself from GM thread I will just quote:
On Ana Ivanovic official website (http://www.anaivanovic.com/news/ana-charges-semis) I just read most interesting detail of this match:
...Ana made several breathtaking retrievals and frequently passed her opponent when she approached the net. She also hit a serve of 207 km/h, although it just failed to clear the net – had it done so it would have been the fastest in the history of women’s tennis...I really don't know how trustful is Bali speedometer, but must remind people here that between 2005-2007 Ana is well known like 3rd faster server on tour (only behind W-sisters) and also WTA 3rd ever which served at slams over 200km/h - but when she switch racket from Wilson to Yonex Ivanovic also change her serve strategy (compromise with less power, but higher 1st serve in percentage)... and most of time during 2008-2010 slump period Ana has problem with shoulder injury combined with mental (ball toss) problem, so she barely served faster than 170km/h. But since May of this season she is finally injury free, and since August Ana finally once again start to play very aggressive (including on serve) and also she start to use new model of Yonex racket which more suits to powerful game than old one. Maybe that todays Let serve is not really 207km/h, but around 200 is for sure. Another sign how close she is now for full comeback (for me she is TOP10 level already since Cincinnati in August).

To be honest I will be more happy if they write 201 km/h instead 207... it's simple looks too good to be truth :tape:

Davodus
Nov 4th, 2010, 05:59 PM
This is Lisicki last year:

tmjZdqcEd0c

it to me doesn't seem extremely fast, I mean it looks quick but maybe moreso in the 190s, so I think this speed gun might be a little overly friendly sometimes :p

dybbuk
Nov 4th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Woo, Ajde Ana.

But more importantly, Dexter, how do I pronounce Wojciech Szczęsny? Thank you in advance. :kiss:

JamieOwen3
Nov 4th, 2010, 07:06 PM
wooo i missed ana's match, looks like she played amazing tennis? was it as good as the scoreline?

bruce goose
Nov 4th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Off-topic for a bit;that guy in Owen's sig,'Claycourter',makes me wonder if his parents were brother/sister or just first cousins:rolleyes:...I doubt he'd handle a stabbing too well;would probably wet the bed every night for a month afterwards

Back to Ana:).....We'll never know if she would've gotten her first back-to-back titles if she'd been more rested,but I believe it was do-able for her.Next question: Has Ana ever won 2 out of 3 titles in her career?....I'm not including ITFs in that question

spiritedenergy
Nov 4th, 2010, 10:07 PM
wow what happened? saw ana won 6-0 6-1... she wrote on facebook she played almost perfectly, is it true?

gaviotabr
Nov 4th, 2010, 11:27 PM
Just got home.. I'm dead tired.. I was able to watch the match today thanks to some masterplan at university.. :spit:

I think it's hard to say much about it.. I mean.. the court is weird.. Pavs was missing every second ball and double faulting a lot... Ana wasnn't tested at all. But she did look focused, and she did play controlled tennis. You shouldn't try to do too much when your opponent is handing you the match, and Ana didn't.. she played to win. She also served well, and I think that should be completely crucial for her next match.

Kimiko worries me a bit.. she has such an akward game for today's patterns. As I said, Ana needs to serve great, so she can protect her service games and hold. She will definitely get looks at Kimiko's serves.. her second serves are complete puff balls Ana should look to pounce on. It will also be important to keep the UEs low. Kimiko's unorthodox style draws lots of errors, due to so many low balls. If Ana serves well, looks to be agressive and keeps the UEs to a minimum, then she will definitely have a good chance.She also needs to be very focused and use good footwork.. Kimiko is tricky and should not be underestimated.

Having said all that, I really hope Ana wins and uses the fact that it will be her birthday to her advantage.. she needs to fight hard for the win. Ajde!!!

gaviotabr
Nov 4th, 2010, 11:29 PM
wow what happened? saw ana won 6-0 6-1... she wrote on facebook she played almost perfectly, is it true?

Umm.. She played well.. but it was mostly Pavs making billions of UEs and DFs.

gaviotabr
Nov 4th, 2010, 11:42 PM
I also watched a little bit of Kimiko x Li.. It was not much, but enought to realize Kimiko hates moonballs. All Na Li sent were netted back. Kimiko just has too much of an extreme continental grip to deal with loopy heavy balls. She tries to flatten them out and nets them.

And this is a must win match for Ana IMHO. If she wants to get back to top 10 and so on, she has to beat a 40 year old player, not matter how well she plays. Focus, serve well, cut down UEs, be aggressive with the FH , send some loopy heavy BHs and most of all fight hard for the win Ana! Ajde!

spiritedenergy
Nov 5th, 2010, 07:45 AM
ana looks so happy to there, she's glowing:hearts:

i saw she's friend again with hantuchova, and she looks friend of kleybanova as well... it looks to me she's getting a lot of friends on tour, and that's a good thing:kiss:

The 2nd Law
Nov 5th, 2010, 07:55 AM
So I havn't posted here in what feels like ages, just wanna let you guys know that I'm still lurking around :p
I guess there's cause for celebration in that I think this demolition win secures a top 24 seed for Ana now right? Who'd have thought that would happen back in July? Not me that's for sure :lol

Kimiko will be a really good test for Ana imo, because if she's really starting to get back to her old level and possibly improve, she should definately be beating Date.

Davodus
Nov 5th, 2010, 08:05 AM
Yeah I remember when we were all talking about Ana needed to really fight to get enough points to still be seeded after her Brisbane points fall off :lol: Now she is looking set for a top 24 seed, so she has really turned her year around in just a couple of months. It also helps those of us going to AO have more of a chance to see her, because she won't draw a top seed in round 1, be on RLA and lose :lol:

The 2nd Law
Nov 5th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Yeah I remember when we were all talking about Ana needed to really fight to get enough points to still be seeded after her Brisbane points fall off :lol: Now she is looking set for a top 24 seed, so she has really turned her year around in just a couple of months. It also helps those of us going to AO have more of a chance to see her, because she won't draw a top seed in round 1, be on RLA and lose :lol:

Yep, I might finally see Ana in the flesh this time. Missed out three years in a row due to scheduling or her losing early :lol:

gaviotabr
Nov 5th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Ana plays 2pm local time tomorrow:

Starting at 2:00 PM

Kimiko DATE KRUMM (JPN)
vs
Ana IVANOVIC (SRB)

Davodus
Nov 5th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Why is it all of a sudden so much earlier :o I won't be home then :mad:

InsideOut.
Nov 5th, 2010, 03:41 PM
:o So early.

Adrian1092
Nov 5th, 2010, 04:30 PM
6am here :lol: Its been a while since I've gotten up early for a match... might do it tomorrow :D Ajde Ana! :yeah:

AbyssII
Nov 5th, 2010, 05:19 PM
6am here :lol: Its been a while since I've gotten up early for a match... might do it tomorrow :D Ajde Ana! :yeah:

6am ? I thought it was 7am

Davodus
Nov 5th, 2010, 05:34 PM
6am ? I thought it was 7am

Ireland and the UK are 1 hour behind France right? So it will be 7am for you if it is 6am for them I believe.

AbyssII
Nov 5th, 2010, 06:02 PM
Ireland and the UK are 1 hour behind France right? So it will be 7am for you if it is 6am for them I believe.

Yeah. It's what I thought. Thx

bruce goose
Nov 5th, 2010, 06:59 PM
Ana plays 2pm local time tomorrow:That means 11 p.m. for me...before a non-work day:cool:.Again,if anyone knows the answer,has Ana ever won 2 out of 3 tournaments played?

InsideOut.
Nov 5th, 2010, 07:09 PM
That means 11 p.m. for me...before a non-work day:cool:.Again,if anyone knows the answer,has Ana ever won 2 out of 3 tournaments played?

No, but she has won 2 out of 4:

2007:
Los Angeles Tier II (win)
Toronto Tier I (2r)
US Open GS (4r)
Luxembourg Tier II (win)

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Nov 5th, 2010, 07:11 PM
That means 11 p.m. for me...before a non-work day:cool:.Again,if anyone knows the answer,has Ana ever won 2 out of 3 tournaments played?

Yes, but only at ITF level.

bruce goose
Nov 5th, 2010, 07:22 PM
Thanks to Ben and Sjoerd:hatoff:....It won't feel like a true streak to me if Ana wins her first tourney NEXT year,but I'll still be very pleased...and,even if it doesn't count in the official WTA H2Hs,a win over Lying Cheat Henin would be a nice step for Ana at Hopman Cup....Nole should offer a big,juicy kiss on the lips as a reward for winning...see if that inspires her:p

Cp6uja
Nov 5th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Wickmayer and Rezai lose 1st round match which means Ana will finish this season at #17 if wins Bali title!

That technically make her #15 seed at AO (Dementieva and A.Radwanska will not play), but she will not defend Brisbane-SF points during week 1, so at least Sharapova and Rezai will overtake Ana for sure, and also some of others will have shot to overtake Ana during 1st week. For AO TOP16 seeds status (if wins Bali) because playing Hopman Cup Ana will need at least another one WTA TOP16 girl w/o from Melbourne.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Nov 5th, 2010, 08:30 PM
Ana is at least 27th after Brisbane. Since Aga and Lena won't play AO, Ana will be at least seeded as 25th. With a win tomorrow she moves up 1 spot.

Best rank possible is 21st after Brisbane.

cocco80
Nov 5th, 2010, 09:15 PM
I don't care about the ranking at all. She just needs to gain some consistency (she's on the right path) and to keep the level of self belief at high point. The two are, naturally, connected.

Anyway, our girl is going to be 23 soon... or is already 23? This time zones are making me confused. :lol:

jelenacg
Nov 6th, 2010, 12:33 AM
It`s already 6th November here so...Happy birthday Ana :bdaycake::aparty:
Try your best today ,ajde :)

Davodus
Nov 6th, 2010, 02:30 AM
Happy Birthday to Ana :aparty:

Sean.
Nov 6th, 2010, 03:07 AM
Happy Birthday! :aparty:

InsideOut.
Nov 6th, 2010, 03:48 AM
Happy birthday! :bounce::aparty:

The 2nd Law
Nov 6th, 2010, 04:18 AM
happy birthday, good luck!!

Curtos07
Nov 6th, 2010, 05:52 AM
Happy birthday, Baby E! :hearts: Please win! :cheer:

bruce goose
Nov 6th, 2010, 06:40 AM
Here's a combination you don't see that often in life: Happy Birthday,Sweetie:D....Now go kick some ass,Ana!!!:devil:

doni1212
Nov 6th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Happy Birthday, Ana!!

Dexter
Nov 6th, 2010, 09:36 AM
75 67(5) 62.
Winning ugly at its best. :lol: Gotta give Kimiko a lot of credit she fought so well.

doni1212
Nov 6th, 2010, 09:38 AM
Date was crazy good! Lots of credit to her. I think I want to see Ana beat Hantuchova again...

Anyways, I'm exhausted! I'm going to get like 3 more hours of sleep and talk to you guys later, :wavey:

Davodus
Nov 6th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Well thank fuck for that. Kimiko must be so frustrating to play.

The 2nd Law
Nov 6th, 2010, 09:40 AM
Nice recovery in the final set, Ana! Date fought like crazy, and we know what she's been able to achieve in these types of matches, so I'm proud that Ana got through.

Now go and relax for your bday! :)

InsideOut.
Nov 6th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Thank god :help:

spiritedenergy
Nov 6th, 2010, 09:42 AM
amazing match! date-krumm is so amazing, great returner, mover, and hits crazy angles. Ana played well except she couldn't return serve... she held it together mentally, that's a huge difference from a few months ago

jelenacg
Nov 6th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Phew :o
I had so many nice scenarios running through my head when Ana lost that second set :tape: Thank God Ana was focused and didn`t go away
Well done Ana :worship:

powetrip
Nov 6th, 2010, 09:47 AM
She played so passively.reminded me of Groenfeld days.Then again when she was goin for her shots she'd hit the net.Her backhand was also quite a liability,players just keep on hitting at that side to death waitin for the error.It was the serve that bailed her out.For me Ana's peak was at Bejing,hasn't played as well since despite winning a title

whatever.. good luck in final and happy birthday!!

Curtos07
Nov 6th, 2010, 09:53 AM
OMG, that was a crazy match. :lol: But a gutsy win for Ana. Just do it one more time! Ajde!

gaviotabr
Nov 6th, 2010, 10:00 AM
What an unnecessary struggle.. thank God Ana won in the end, otherwise it would have been a massive choke.

uff..

Anyway.. Good that she was able to remain strong in the third set.. slump Ana usually melted in such situations, especially after wasting MP and lead in the tie break. And Kimiko did play very well and fought hard.

My worry now with this unnecessary 3 sets effort is that she goes into tomorrow's final with an empty tank. No matter who the opponent is, it's going to be tough and Ana needs to play much better and fight her heart out for the win. It means not only a title, but ending the year at 17, inside the top 20 and in a good position to charge for the top 10 in the first half of 2011.

Ajde!

Timariot
Nov 6th, 2010, 10:01 AM
She played so passively.reminded me of Groenfeld days.Then again when she was goin for her shots she'd hit the net.

It was hard for her to assert herself. Nearly every ball she was either stretched, or it was totally out of her strike zone. It'll be different in the finals.

Curtos07
Nov 6th, 2010, 10:03 AM
My worry now with this unnecessary 3 sets effort is that she goes into tomorrow's final with an empty tank. No matter who the opponent is, it's going to be tough and Ana needs to play much better and fight her heart out for the win. It means not only a title, but ending the year at 17, inside the top 20 and in a good position to charge for the top 10 in the first half of 2011.

Ajde!

It's a good thing Ana played first today. Hopefully Kleybs and Dani tire each other out. But I think Kleybs will win quite easily, tbh.

gaviotabr
Nov 6th, 2010, 10:10 AM
It's a good thing Ana played first today. Hopefully Kleybs and Dani tire each other out. But I think Kleybs will win quite easily, tbh.

I also think it will be an easyone for Kleybs.. wish they would playfor 3 hours though..

InsideOut.
Nov 6th, 2010, 10:12 AM
Easy one for Kleybs? :spit: Hantuchova leads 3-1 right now :rolls: Someone tell me how they're playing; I'm done with tennis for today.

Lord Choc Ice
Nov 6th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Ana. :bowdown: Thank God she pulled through. I really think we shouldn't write her off for the final. Kimiko's style is not what anyone's used to. Alisa or Dani will suit her a lot better I think.

InsideOut.
Nov 6th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Anyway, good job for making another final :hearts: Though she only won 2 matches to reach it :rolls:

Dexter
Nov 6th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Miss Kleybanova again. For the love of God... :help:

InsideOut.
Nov 6th, 2010, 11:15 AM
:help: Last match of the year, ajde Ana :armed: Good luck against Kleybs!

Davodus
Nov 6th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Appropriate way to end the year, playing Kleybs for the 757th time :lol: She will be dangerous on this surface, but Ana can do it :D

The 2nd Law
Nov 6th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Appropriate way to end the year, playing Kleybs for the 757th time :lol: She will be dangerous on this surface, but Ana can do it :D
Surely it can't be as awkward a match as Date was, so Ana just has to suck it in and give this one her absolute everything. Get another title this year to make up for going title-less last year :bounce: