PDA

View Full Version : The 2010 going away party (End of the year thread)!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

bruce goose
Oct 11th, 2010, 04:17 AM
I try not to watch the Cowboys if I don't have to but I heard all about it, :lol: At the bottom of their division! Can't believe they thought they would be playing for the Superbowl in their stadium lol!

Did you hear about the verbal drama/fight between Brady and Moss? :tape: :rolls:From what I read,it was somewhat blown out of proportion---the JJ/Sneki CoffeeGate comments were funnier...and BETTER b/c I think they motivated Ana to drop the chump and wake up out of her funk:cool:

Dexter
Oct 11th, 2010, 02:33 PM
1r vs LL Cirstea.

Davodus
Oct 11th, 2010, 02:44 PM
I knew she'd get Sorana :lol: Ana typically sucks against her friends...But Sorana is in such horrible form Ana really should not lose to her even if she does suck.

jelenacg
Oct 11th, 2010, 02:49 PM
I knew it :rolleyes:
Sorana better be in horrible form ,i really don`t want to see Ana losing this

InsideOut.
Oct 11th, 2010, 04:09 PM
This match makes me worried. :tape: Ana had a tight one against Sorana at AO 08, 7-5 6-3 after Sorana served for the first set, and the fact that they are BEST FRIENDS is worrying. She better not lose this though. :tape:

JamieOwen3
Oct 11th, 2010, 04:20 PM
wow that's a name ive not heard in a while SORANA. Ana should get the win though, even if they're BFF's :lol:

Curtos07
Oct 11th, 2010, 04:46 PM
Are you guys seriously worried about Sorana? Ana should have no problems with this match.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Oct 11th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Sorana is in a terrible form lately. Even has to play qualies here and didn't even make it. Now she's a LL. Ana just should win the whole tournament with this field, but it's a MM. A bad married.

http://eu.movieposter.com/posters/archive/main/86/MPW-43401

spiritedenergy
Oct 11th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Cirstea is Ana's best friend... we all know how Ana behaves withe them:scared:

Cp6uja
Oct 11th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Maybe only way for Ana to win some match at MM is if she is idol of her opponent (see Arvidsson Dutch Open case) :tape:

My biggest hope is that Ana is still not informed that Linz and Luxembourg is not the same level of tournament like 2-3 years ago when she won both :devil:

And Bali is very special MM case - she is already in Quartrfinal before draw, all opponents are TOP25, money prize for title is more than 5 times bigger than at other MM events and she needs just two wins to reach final, and if she always have best MM results at WTA seasons opening Brisbane event, why not to have exception at seasons closing event :shrug: So my biggest hopes till end of season going to her Bali result, and fact that Ana is currently #27 in YEC race and in TOP10 shape if will play her current best, give to her very good chances to be TOP24 seeded at AO.

bruce goose
Oct 11th, 2010, 08:22 PM
It's probably a bad idea,in THIS forum,to give people an excuse to worry more...but Sorana won her previous encounter,prior to today's,with Daniilidou...and she may very well have known that she was guaranteed a spot in the MD if she heard about Govortsova's withdrawal...I'm fairly certain that at least a few gals have half-assed the final round of qualies when they knew they were in line for no worse than an LL spot......Having said that,it'll be sort of embarrassing if Ana blows this:lol:

Pops Maellard
Oct 11th, 2010, 11:05 PM
This should be like a first-round bye. :lol:

doni1212
Oct 12th, 2010, 03:20 AM
Will we have decent streams guys?

Davodus
Oct 12th, 2010, 03:53 AM
We should, Eurosport should be showing her match.

InsideOut.
Oct 13th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Well that first match against Cirstea was incredibly boring :lol: Only bit of drama when Cirstea managed to win the three points in the second set :eek: Of course, as well as the great few games she had in the first.

Can't tell much from this performance, good job for winning after a long plane ride from Beijing. :yeah:

Dexter
Oct 13th, 2010, 03:39 PM
Too easy. :) Now against Barbie, I don't think they've played before.

InsideOut.
Oct 13th, 2010, 04:02 PM
They've never played, even in juniors. However, we must be careful, since Barbie is a former junior no.1 so she must have at least a little going for her :unsure:

krystian
Oct 13th, 2010, 04:17 PM
2nd set took 12 minutes. Sorana made so many errors, she's in a terrible shape. There was just 1 game during the whole match, when she played some nice shots, that was when she won 4 points in a row from 2 BP's for Ana.

I'd notice that in that match Ana played many balls exactly on the line. Hope it wasn't just the matter of luck. :devil:.

Would be great for Ana's mentality if she wins Linz.

Hopefully tomorrow's Ana's match will be showing by Eurosport too.

Btw, I'm looking forward to AO 11 so much :) maybe it's gonna be the great come-back of Ana :hearts:

Davodus
Oct 13th, 2010, 04:35 PM
I had to laugh at that second set, it was just ridiculous :lol: 3 points lost and all in the one game :lol:

BZS is a net rusher and a lover of dropshots, but she is also kind of a pusher. I don't think anyone plays like her, and I also don't think anyone complains, bitches moans, screams, whinges and cries more than her :p She'll be annoying for Ana to play, but she should get it done.

spiritedenergy
Oct 13th, 2010, 04:47 PM
I hope they will still be friends:lol::help:

Well done babygurl! Now next match and the QF (or is it already the QF)?

InsideOut.
Oct 13th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Ana plays 2nd on CC tomorrow:
http://www.generali-ladies.at/p/pdf/spielplan1410.pdf

I don't like the timing :( One match later and I would be able to watch the whole thing. :rolleyes:

Curtos07
Oct 13th, 2010, 05:34 PM

I don't like the timing :( One match later and I would be able to watch the whole thing. :rolleyes:

I hate the timing to. I have an exam around that time. Maybe I'll see some of the 1st set.

doni1212
Oct 14th, 2010, 02:31 AM
I had to laugh at that second set, it was just ridiculous :lol: 3 points lost and all in the one game :lol:

BZS is a net rusher and a lover of dropshots, but she is also kind of a pusher. I don't think anyone plays like her, and I also don't think anyone complains, bitches moans, screams, whinges and cries more than her :p She'll be annoying for Ana to play, but she should get it done.

Yeah, I remember her annoying the HELL out of Sharapova at Wimbledon, :rolls:

I hate the timing to. I have an exam around that time. Maybe I'll see some of the 1st set.

Yup, I have class then too. I guess I'll just be following scores on my phone...

Pops Maellard
Oct 14th, 2010, 02:47 AM
She'd better beat her. :o I don't like her at all. :o

jonnyroyale_13
Oct 14th, 2010, 02:50 AM
Ana won 56 out of 77 of the points in the match?:eek::eek: Holy crap!:lol: I hope it gets uploaded, id like to see that. That might be one of the highest percentages of points Ana ever won in a match. Just for comparison, the '07 Stuttgart win over Schnyder, Ana won 66% of the points, and it was the same percentage in her double bagel at RG in '08.
Held all serves, no BP's for Sorana:yeah:
Its a pleasure to see her winning lately. Keep it going Ana:clap2:

bruce goose
Oct 14th, 2010, 04:53 AM
Ana won 56 out of 77 of the points in the match?:eek::eek: Holy crap!:lol: I hope it gets uploaded, id like to see that. That might be one of the highest percentages of points Ana ever won in a match. Just for comparison, the '07 Stuttgart win over Schnyder, Ana won 66% of the points, and it was the same percentage in her double bagel at RG in '08.
Held all serves, no BP's for Sorana:yeah:
Its a pleasure to see her winning lately. Keep it going Ana:clap2:Since Ana was playing so much better in 2009 than she is now,I suppose she could've had a complete whitewash of Sorana--winning every single point--if she could've just channeled her magical form from last year,huh?:lol:

jelenacg
Oct 14th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Solid boring match
What was that thing with toilet break ???:help: Never heard of such thing before. Ridiculous :rolleyes:
Penalty and lost 4 points bc of going to the bathroom.I`m pretty sure umpire let Novak go to the bathroom at AO without any penalties :rolleyes:

Tennis90
Oct 14th, 2010, 03:31 PM
The absurd thing was he let her go and then when she came back he gave away that game to BZS.I don't think I've ever seen that before.
And that girl...talk about negativity and annoying...she actually made me sick,I wanted this match to finish as soon as possible.

I'm so glad Ana won!Good luck tomorrow Anci!

InsideOut.
Oct 14th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Well done Ana! :) Seems like there was some drama with the toilet break, but never mind :spit:

Dexter
Oct 14th, 2010, 04:10 PM
:yawn: match, but :yeah: for the result.

Curtos07
Oct 14th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Didn't see the match, but heard about the toilet break. What bullshit. :rolleyes: Who is this umpire? Well, at least Ana didn't allow it to bother her. Sigh that she is getting tougher mentally. :)

jelenacg
Oct 14th, 2010, 04:27 PM
Ana had yogurt before her match and that caused her some problems
I`m sorry but i have to :lol:

Davodus
Oct 14th, 2010, 05:25 PM
How embarrassing :haha:

Dexter
Oct 14th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Ana vs Julia is the last match of the day tomorrow.

InsideOut.
Oct 14th, 2010, 05:30 PM
For whoever wants it: http://www.generali-ladies.at/p/pdf/spielplan1510.pdf

jelenacg
Oct 14th, 2010, 08:58 PM
JamesLaRosa James LaRosa
No Heinz in Linz. Ivanovic opting to play out 2010 accompanied by just her fitness coach and will reassess after Bali.

:scared::scared:

Please don`t fire Heinz :tape: What is there to reassess :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Curtos07
Oct 14th, 2010, 09:04 PM
Only thing there is to reassess is Heinz's paycheck. He should be given a big pay raise.

Dexter
Oct 14th, 2010, 09:06 PM
If Ana fires him, her ass needs some solid reassessing! :o

jelenacg
Oct 14th, 2010, 09:10 PM
Only thing there is to reassess is Heinz's paycheck. He should be given a big pay raise.

I totally agree.He did great job with her ,Ana don`t be stupid :fiery:
Also i already know how off season preparation without real coach look like :rolleyes: and i` don`t need a reminder :tape:

jelenacg
Oct 14th, 2010, 09:27 PM
From facebook :lol:

What a strange match! What I learnt most from it is not to eat yoghurt just before you are about to go on court! Of course I already knew that, and to be honest I wasn't expecting to go on court so early. I wasn't aware of the rules and anyway I simply had to go to leave the court because I knew I was going to be sick. It's a shame that it cost me a game in penalties but in the end it didn't matter. :) I'm happy to be through and looking forward to tomorrow's match.

spiritedenergy
Oct 14th, 2010, 09:28 PM
:scared::scared:

Please don`t fire Heinz :tape: What is there to reassess :rolleyes::rolleyes:

:eek::tape::help:Ana please don't be stingy!!!! He deserves all the money he got and more for what he did to you:o

What happened with the yogurt?:spit::happy:

Next match Georges... has Ana ever played her? What type of player is she?

Curtos07
Oct 14th, 2010, 09:31 PM
:eek::tape::help:Ana please don't be stingy!!!! He deserves all the money he got and more for what he did to you:o

What happened with the yogurt?:spit::happy:

Next match Georges... has Ana ever played her? What type of player is she?

They played each other in the 1st round of the 2009 Australian Open. Ana won it 7-5, 6-3, but I remember her struggling in that match. In fact, she was down a break in that 1st set. Ball toss was all over the place that day. Goerges is similar to Ana. Has a pretty good forehand and she served very well today against Kvitova.

Jang87
Oct 14th, 2010, 09:44 PM
You do know that it's not all about what Ana wants and decides, right? It might be Heinz' decision. He made it perfectly clear when they started working together back in february that he had other obligations too. Anyway, there is no need to make a big deal out of it. It is perfectly normal for a coach and a tennis player to reassess their partnership at the end of the season. The relationship is rooted in a contract. Coaches have contracts and they need to be renegotiated. Maybe they have needs that need to be accommodated.

jelenacg
Oct 14th, 2010, 09:57 PM
Anyway, there is no need to make a big deal out of it.
Where exactly have you been these last 2 years? This is a big deal

It is perfectly normal for a coach and a tennis player to reassess their partnership at the end of the season.

Ofc and who is going to coach Ana? I think we already saw how difficult is to find a good coach and a coach who will be able to reach to Ana

I especially liked this part `accompanied by just her fitness coach`
So many `good` things can come from this :rolleyes:

They need to do everything to keep Heinz, why change something that`s working ...again

Pops Maellard
Oct 14th, 2010, 11:16 PM
No! If she fires Heinz it might be one step forward, two steps back. :speakles:

Cp6uja
Oct 14th, 2010, 11:58 PM
I can't see reasons for panic here in that short information that Heinz will not travel with Ana during this unexpected 2010 season MM prolong :shrug:

Nobody say that they are split, and for those who don't know, Heinz have another job like tennis commentator on Swiss TV, so guess he is very busy before upcoming WTA and ATP YEC's. I check Ana official site and Heinz is still there like part of Team Ana (http://www.anaivanovic.com/about-ana/team-ana).

No! If she fires Heinz it might be one step forward, two steps back. :speakles:Real tragedy will be for Ana if she fired Heinz right after Wimbledon this season, because he pushed her in good direction, but results are worse than ever. Now when his mission when we talking about some basic strategic things almost over (Ana is finally once again hyper-aggressive power-hitter which use that FH to finish every point ASAP) I'm not be happy at all if they are separated, but at least it will not be tragedy like just couple months ago. If they split in July, I'm sure Ana will than continued with some new "experiment" instead to follow hers Lady Forehand 2.0 destiny.

hellas719
Oct 15th, 2010, 12:31 AM
Ana :hearts:

Tennis90
Oct 15th, 2010, 06:15 AM
She won't fire Heinz for God's sake,are you serious?Ana's not stupid nor a masochist!She knows what's best for her.
Linz wasn't even planned,maybe Heinz couldn't make it and maybe they will 'reassess' their relationship at the end of a season
which is ok since they agreed to do that when they started their collaboration.If Ana is one to ask about it,I'm sure she'll do her best to keep Heinz as her full-time coach.I hope he feels the same.

Pops Maellard
Oct 15th, 2010, 06:22 AM
Heinz wasn't in a recent tournament (was it Tokyo or Seoul) either, now that I remember. :)

jelenacg
Oct 15th, 2010, 06:46 AM
She won't fire Heinz for God's sake,are you serious?Ana's not stupid nor a masochist!She knows what's best for her.
Linz wasn't even planned,maybe Heinz couldn't make it and maybe they will 'reassess' their relationship at the end of a season
which is ok since they agreed to do that when they started their collaboration.If Ana is one to ask about it,I'm sure she'll do her best to keep Heinz as her full-time coach.I hope he feels the same.

I hope you are right :)
I know they will probably reassess Ana`s season after Bali ,that`s ofc expected .Linz just like Bali were added later so that`s probably why Heinz won`t be there .All i can say is that hopefully Ana is smart enough to see Heinz has done great job with her and there is no point in changing something that`s working
But i`m still worried :o

Tennis90
Oct 15th, 2010, 07:04 AM
Yeah I know,I was worried too when I first heard this but then I remembered all the interviews where Ana mentioned how much has Heinz helped her and how she feels more comfortable when he's around.I'm sure Ana would love to have Heinz as her full-time coach like we all would,I just hope he's up for that too.One thing that scares me is that he wasn't planning to go everywhere with her this season because of some arrangements and obligations,but he still did(except few tournaments).So,basically I think this is Heinz's decision......
Ajde Heinz :P

krystian
Oct 15th, 2010, 10:15 AM
is Ana still with Adam Scott?, or anyone else?

I haven't seen Adam in her box for a long time.

Pops Maellard
Oct 15th, 2010, 10:23 AM
is Ana still with Adam Scott?, or anyone else?

I haven't seen Adam in her box for a long time.

No her and Adam are finite. :)

The 2nd Law
Oct 15th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Just a question guys, when was the last time Ana made consecutive quarterfinals? She's done just that with Beijing and Linz, I'm definate that it's at least the first time since RG 08 :cheer:

Davodus
Oct 15th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Just a question guys, when was the last time Ana made consecutive quarterfinals? She's done just that with Beijing and Linz, I'm definate that it's at least the first time since RG 08 :cheer:

She made Zurich SF then Linz title at the end of 08, but I don't think it has happened since then. Not too sure though, she hasn't had to do much to make this QF :lol: but we'll take it.

The 2nd Law
Oct 15th, 2010, 11:58 AM
She made Zurich SF then Linz title at the end of 08, but I don't think it has happened since then. Not too sure though, she hasn't had to do much to make this QF :lol: but we'll take it.

lol I always forget about Zurich!

InsideOut.
Oct 15th, 2010, 12:00 PM

Third time since RG 08:
Zurich (SF) + Linz (W) 08
Dubai (QF) + Indian Wells (F) 09

AbyssII
Oct 15th, 2010, 12:05 PM
Last year she reached Quarter at Dubai, a loss against Serena, and then, few weeks later, final of IW, against who you know

The 2nd Law
Oct 15th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Third time since RG 08:
Zurich (SF) + Linz (W) 08
Dubai (QF) + Indian Wells (F) 09

Gosh, I got exciting for nothing, how embarassing :lol: I was only watching highlights of the Dubai QF yesterday too :p

bruce goose
Oct 15th, 2010, 01:47 PM
No her and Adam are finite. :)I'm surprised that 'Krystian' hasn't noticed how much happier Ana looks...or her improved play,dedication,fitness,maturity and mental approach.....Sure as hell not a coincidence...just like it's no coincidence that a person suffers impaired motor skills after consuming lots of alcohol...nor is it 'coincidence':p that ice transforms from a solid state to liquid when exposed to enough heat.

Btw,Swishy Inbred Dickhead(S.I.D.) is barely ranked in the top 40 of his 'sport',even after a fluky,better-than-usual stretch of play this year;just shows you what a HUGE talent mismatch that was...not to mention mismatches in age,human decency and intelligence.Fortunately,Ana is thinking so much more clearly now:) so,when/if she picks another pretty-faced schmuck,she'll at least listen to Marija's counsel:cool:

bruce goose
Oct 15th, 2010, 07:10 PM
One more encouraging word to accompany a gritty first-set win against a hard-serving,in-form player: Ana just isn't the type of person to casually dismiss someone with whom she establishes deep trust...so getting rid of Heinz would be contrary to her usual modus operandi...quite different than Kardon who was more like a temp worker

Dexter
Oct 15th, 2010, 07:34 PM
76(6) 62. Good serving (apart from one game in the 1st set), but meh quality overall. Vinci is next up.

InsideOut.
Oct 15th, 2010, 07:35 PM
Yes, except from that :o game while 5-3 up in the first, serving was on point throughout :dance: Not a bad match, could still improve.

Vinci :scared:

bruce goose
Oct 15th, 2010, 07:36 PM
:DAna is absolutely amazing for someone who's not showing any improvement....so I guess she'll start winning Slams as soon as she improves ever so slightly:p;)

Tennis90
Oct 15th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Ana's serve was FANTASTIC today,I haven't seen her serving this good throughout the whole match in a long time.
She stepped it up in the second but I'm impressed how she kept her composure in the tie-break after having lost 3 or 4 set points earlier on.

jelenacg
Oct 15th, 2010, 08:13 PM
Great that she won,i couldn`t watch
With this victory she gets 130 pts ,equals Brisbane so it`s pretty sure Ana will be seeded at AO :worship:
Vinci :scared: I still remember Brisbane match

Curtos07
Oct 15th, 2010, 08:16 PM
Nice win for Ana. Goerges really had me worried. I thought she played well and was a quality match. Vinci is definitely beatable. Forget about Brisbane. That was a totally different Ana back then.

BTW, Matt Cronin just tweeted that Ana has a great, great chance of winning Linz. He just jinxed her. So now you know who to blame. :banghead:

jelenacg
Oct 15th, 2010, 08:49 PM
BTW, Matt Cronin just tweeted that Ana has a great, great chance of winning Linz. He just jinxed her. So now you know who to blame. :banghead:

I saw it :o
Seriously :rolleyes: Stop jinxing Ana :fiery:

Cp6uja
Oct 15th, 2010, 08:51 PM
I will quote myself from other thread what I think about this match.Since 5-2 lead in 1st set Ana start to use "put the ball in the middle" tactic which never works for her, and Julia is type of player which is able to use good opportunity. Thanks to serve and good luck Ana survive somehow that TB, and in whole 2nd set she not play with fire like in 2nd half of 1st with useless experiments... except on break points where she from some reason insist on passive tactic. She finished match with 3/13 on BP (Julia 1/1) where all 3 break points which she won today is Goerges UE :tape:

But in general Ana fans should be very happy about this result. Believe or not, at Mickey Mouse tournaments (former tier-III and tier-IV, now International) if we not count Australian MM's where she starts with season so she is always enough focused - this Linz 2010 is career first MM semifinal for Ana Ivanovic, 3-time GS finalist and former #1 (despite she is in most cases TOP4 seed) :tape: It's time for Ana to finally wins her first MM ever (110K Canberra tier-5 is more Challenger than MM by new Roadmap) and 1st ever title without dropping any set :drive:In terms of game quality we must much more to appreciate how Ana played in her straight set lose vs Wozniacki than to be proud on today's win, because there is no excuse for how Ana start to play at 5-2 in first set (even give opponent 1 SP), especially if we know how Ana traditionally drop her level after losing opening set and always has big problem to regroup after that, so I don't want even thinking now what will be happen there if Ana lose that 1st set despite everything is in control till 5-2 :help:

Veteran Vinci has no respect for big names which she prove twice this month in Asia beating Petrova in Tokyo and Kuznetsova in Beijing, so if Ana will wait for her points like today on every break point - she will be in big troubles. Otherwise we should to expect routine win from dominant Ana. And at end for all who count Ana points and care about her AO seeds status just to note that she will be seeded for sure, but point is to be TOP24 seed there and escape TOP8 opponents already in 3rd round. But talking honestly half of them is already beatable for Ana now, if she just stay on this since Cincy level.

spiritedenergy
Oct 15th, 2010, 11:03 PM
well done babygurl!!! Even though quit choking please...

Vinci is a match-up i cannot really see Ana losing, probably the only one lol

Ajde!

Pops Maellard
Oct 16th, 2010, 12:34 AM
Ajde Ana! :bounce:

I enjoyed making my first video, so I might make another one summarizing Ana's '10 season once she's finished for the year.

cocco80
Oct 16th, 2010, 01:31 AM
I'm so happy that Ana is doing great at this tournament. Unfortunately, I've been so busy that I couldn't see the match and I have to take your word on that.

Anci, keep it up ! You're on the right way. I won't say anything else.. I don't want to jinx her. :)

Davodus
Oct 16th, 2010, 02:01 AM
She won :yeah: Didn't get to see the match because I fell asleep...hopefully I can see her match against Vinci. She is another frustrating player, but Ana should be playing well enough to beat her.

bruce goose
Oct 16th, 2010, 02:16 AM
Ajde Ana! :bounce:

I enjoyed making my first video, so I might make another one summarizing Ana's '10 season once she's finished for the year.Sounds like a good plan,Aaron...with a happier ending for Ana:cool:

hellas719
Oct 16th, 2010, 02:47 AM
Ana :cool:

InsideOut.
Oct 16th, 2010, 07:29 AM
Vinci's slicing scares me :scared: Hope Ana will be on her game.

bruce goose
Oct 16th, 2010, 03:20 PM
Let me get this out of the way now: I'm sure that there could be plenty of haters in GM who complain that Ana faced easy competition in Linz................but I don't give a rat's ass what stupid haters say b/c they show themselves for what they are and they lack credibility.UNLESS I hear a report that Ana reads those nasty comments and gets upset,it doesn't matter too much.On PRINCIPLE,we can post certain things that agitate the haters even more...just for fun:devil:...but you become as big of a loser as THEY are if you let them get to you,so they don't deserve the acknowledgment that an intelligent fan receives.

Quite frankly,I'm GLAD if haters are back in droves b/c it signifies that Ana is back again(maybe not 100%...but getting there);if it takes Sucky Ana Version 2009 to drive haters away,then I hope they NEVER leave:p

InsideOut.
Oct 16th, 2010, 03:55 PM
With this win, Ana is back up to no.26, overtaking MJMS and Kleybanova :woohoo:

The 2nd Law
Oct 16th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Ajde! Not the most impressive play from Ana this week but who the fuck cares.

Take the title, it's been a while between drinks :)

The 2nd Law
Oct 16th, 2010, 03:56 PM
With this win, Ana is back up to no.26, overtaking MJMS and Kleybanova :woohoo:

:cheer:

What if she wins?

The 2nd Law
Oct 16th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Also, can't believe Izzy has missed all of this :lol:

InsideOut.
Oct 16th, 2010, 04:03 PM
:cheer:

What if she wins?

There's some distance between no.26 and no.25 :( So no.26 regardless of the result in the final. She'll be 1 point ahead of Kleybs on Monday if she loses in the final :lol: but Kleybs might lose points from Moscow QF after next week.

Dexter
Oct 16th, 2010, 04:06 PM
Ajde, get this title! :hearts: I won't be able to watch though, but I'm hopeful!

Davodus
Oct 16th, 2010, 04:10 PM
So happy Ana is in a final, Linz again ;) what a great tournament for Ana. Thanks Serena :bigwave:

InsideOut.
Oct 16th, 2010, 04:11 PM
So happy Ana is in a final, Linz again ;) what a great tournament for Ana. Thanks Serena :bigwave:

Hear, hear! :worship:

Glad she didn't lose to an Italian :D

Curtos07
Oct 16th, 2010, 04:11 PM
I am so happy right now. Ana is actually in the finals! :hearts: :) :bounce:

Curtos07
Oct 16th, 2010, 05:26 PM
Luxembourg draw is out. Ana plays Johanna Larsson in the 1st round. Plays either Oprandi or Parra Santonja in the 2nd round. Could play Julia Goerges again in the quarters and Dementieva in the semi finals.

http://www.bglbnpparibas-open.lu/pdf/singles.pdf

InsideOut.
Oct 16th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Ana has never played Larsson before... Larsson has been in OK form this year; reaching Portoroz final and losing to a resurgent AChak, so Ana will have to be careful. No idea how she plays though.

Dexter
Oct 16th, 2010, 05:37 PM
I haven't watched Larsson, but apparently she's not bad, nothing WOW though either. All I hope for is that Ana actually plays this event, however I'm afraid she will pull out.

krystian
Oct 16th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Tell me something more about today's game. I had classes and couldn't watch a match. How was it?

Dexter
Oct 16th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Tell me something more about today's game. I had classes and couldn't watch a match. How was it?Niezły serwis, nie miała problemów z shot-selection i grała w miarę bez zbędnych nerwów (wczoraj były w 1. secie). Oby tak było też jutro.

jelenacg
Oct 16th, 2010, 08:28 PM
Just saw the result ...So happy :hysteric:
Well done Ana :worship:

hellas719
Oct 16th, 2010, 11:34 PM
Ana :aparty:
Win the title! :bounce:

doni1212
Oct 17th, 2010, 12:47 AM
I haven't watched Larsson, but apparently she's not bad, nothing WOW though either. All I hope for is that Ana actually plays this event, however I'm afraid she will pull out.

Yeah, I don't think she'll play either.

Niezły serwis, nie miała problemów z shot-selection i grała w miarę bez zbędnych nerwów (wczoraj były w 1. secie). Oby tak było też jutro.

English please? :lol:

Pops Maellard
Oct 17th, 2010, 12:51 AM
Ajde! :yeah:

bruce goose
Oct 17th, 2010, 01:18 AM
English please? :lol:You should ask Troy Polamalu how to say "Ajde Ana" in Samoan...then again,he's so busy being the one strong link in a weak secondary that you probably shouldn't distract him:p....Still,I'll bet he's an Ana fan:cool:

doni1212
Oct 17th, 2010, 02:18 AM
You should ask Troy Polamalu how to say "Ajde Ana" in Samoan...then again,he's so busy being the one strong link in a weak secondary that you probably shouldn't distract him:p....Still,I'll bet he's an Ana fan:cool:

Oh here we go again...anyways, we'll see how you guys do against New England. One of those rare times that I cheer for the Pats, :o

bruce goose
Oct 17th, 2010, 03:11 AM
Oh here we go again...anyways, we'll see how you guys do against New England. One of those rare times that I cheer for the Pats, :oLook at you!:lol: You've gotten just like those Ana-haters who are jealous of the best!Pretty soon,you'll start acting like those Klansmen out in Indian Wells:p

bruce goose
Oct 17th, 2010, 06:12 AM
Yeah, I don't think she'll play either.
Let's not forget that there's a one-week break between the end of the regular season and the Bali event,so Ana could handle,physically speaking,Linz and Luxembourg back-to-back,IMO.

Speaking of 'not playing',it's unlikely that the WS will go to I.Wells in 2011...but there ARE a couple black entertainers who are more to the liking of the lily-white folks in that resort community...and here's a sample clip below of the show they'll be performing in IW next year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nBymnO_azM&feature=related

The vid was shot in Arizona.....a state that seems to hold black-Americans and my fellow Mexicans in equally high regard;)

doni1212
Oct 17th, 2010, 06:43 AM
Look at you!:lol: You've gotten just like those Ana-haters who are jealous of the best!Pretty soon,you'll start acting like those Klansmen out in Indian Wells:p

:spit: :spit: :spit:
The best?!!! Excuse me but is Baltimore the one with the record 6 Lombardi's proudly on display at their respective facility? Nope, didn't think so! Was Baltimore the team that won the Superbowl twice in the last 6 years? Nope, didn't think so! Has Baltimore won 7 conference championship games (a record)? Nope, didn't think so! Has Baltimore played in at least one Superbowl in every decade since the 1970s? Nope, didn't think so! (Ok, I'll let you slide on this one since you guys have only been in existence for 2 decades).

Let me guess, you think Schiavone is the best too, right? :lol:

doni1212
Oct 17th, 2010, 06:51 AM
Let's not forget that there's a one-week break between the end of the regular season and the Bali event,so Ana could handle,physically speaking,Linz and Luxembourg back-to-back,IMO.

Speaking of 'not playing',it's unlikely that the WS will go to I.Wells in 2011...but there ARE a couple black entertainers who are more to the liking of the lily-white folks in that resort community...and here's a sample clip below of the show they'll be performing in IW next year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nBymnO_azM&feature=related

The vid was shot in Arizona.....a state that seems to hold black-Americans and my fellow Mexicans in equally high regard;)

"I say we celebrate from Midnight to 8 am! I mean, after all isn't that what he's famous for...having a dream?"

OMG that was hilarious! :lol:
I can't believe I wanted to live in/move to Arizona when I was younger, :o

Tennis90
Oct 17th, 2010, 07:30 AM
Congrats on yesterday's win.In my opinion she played a lot better than against Goerges.
I so desperately want this win today I'm afraid what might happen.
Ajde Ana!

Davodus
Oct 17th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Linz Champion :worship: 2 years ago and again this year, she basically defended her title :p So fucking happy though, to see her win another title!

btw, can't wait for Izzy to come back and see this :lol:

JamieOwen3
Oct 17th, 2010, 12:44 PM
was linz her last tournament then? :sad:

although :woohoo: :lol:

The 2nd Law
Brilliant play, so fucking relieved she finally won a title again :cheer: :worship:

The Eurosport commentators were jizzing over her from start to finish.

WELL DONE ANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

Pops Maellard
Ana was incredible except for those two games she lost at the very end. It was like peak Ana all over again. :inlove:

Nikkiri
Oct 17th, 2010, 12:45 PM
See what happens when I don't post in here :happy:

And Ana plays Lux and Bali still this year.

InsideOut.
Oct 17th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Yes I'm so waiting for Izzy to come back now :haha: Wonder what her first post will be...I can imagine something like

Aisssss...I wonder if Ana will be ready for Luxembourg...I hope she won't fade away after that loss to Wozniacki like she did after her loss to Jankovic in Madrid. She needs to defend her SF points from Brisbane so that she gets a seed in the AO. That's 130 points, which means she'll have to do really well in Luxembourg...nervous :sobbing:

JamieOwen3
Oct 17th, 2010, 12:46 PM
eurosport commentators have always loved her, i remember when she first started to make a name for herself they were like she could be the brunette Anna Kournikova with titles and make even more money. congrats Ana

JamieOwen3
Oct 17th, 2010, 12:47 PM
See what happens when I don't post in here :happy:

And Ana plays Lux and Bali still this year.

hope she wins both :yeah: don't want anyone else to take them!!!

Adrian1092
Oct 17th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Ana :worship: Eurosport aren't showing the ceremony :sad: Great performance :yeah: Anyone have a stream of the ceremony?

The 2nd Law
Oct 17th, 2010, 12:49 PM
LOL Izzy will be so so so happy.

This is really great. She doesn't even need a WC for Bali anymore :cheer:

I really hope she plays both Lux and Bali, make the most of this form and then rest in offseason :lol:

The 2nd Law
Oct 17th, 2010, 12:50 PM
we should thank Serena :lol:

InsideOut.
Oct 17th, 2010, 12:51 PM

Serena :worship: Let's vote for her for WTA Humanitarian of the Year Award :spit:

Pops Maellard
Oct 17th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Oh yeah Jamie please make highlights of this if you can! :awww: This must be immortalized. :worship:

doni1212
Oct 17th, 2010, 12:52 PM

Serena :worship: Let's vote for her for WTA Humanitarian of the Year Award :spit:

:lol:

The Daviator
Oct 17th, 2010, 12:53 PM
:woohoo:

Finally a happy day in this forum :tape: She played great, and she absolutely should play Lux and Bali, she needs to capitalise on this good form/confidence, I'm worried about Dementieva, but I can see another title in Lux :cool:

JamieOwen3
Oct 17th, 2010, 12:53 PM
:) :yeah: i will when i see the download links don't worry.

Curtos07
Oct 17th, 2010, 12:54 PM
AJDEEEE!!! Ana is finally back!!! 2010 Generali Ladies Linz Champion!!!! Love the sound of that!!! :hearts: :bounce: :)

Pops Maellard
Oct 17th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Oh yeah and Bye Slump!

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m142/AJB4/YouTube-AnaIvanovicflv0000.gif

Davodus
Oct 17th, 2010, 12:56 PM

I'm planning to work my way up to pope just so I can give Serena sainthood for this :p

The 2nd Law
Oct 17th, 2010, 12:57 PM
:woohoo:

Finally a happy day in this forum :tape: She played great, and she absolutely should play Lux and Bali, she needs to capitalise on this good form/confidence, I'm worried about Dementieva, but I can see another title in Lux :cool:

Yep, unlucky that she got Lena in her half but hey, she's won their last two matches after being 4-0 down in the h2h, and her confidence must be sky high. If she can win 5 in a row over Patty, 3 against Lena is possible :p Of course, it's still ANA we are talking about, she could well lose first round. Right now who cares though :bounce::bounce::bounce:

The 2nd Law
Oct 17th, 2010, 12:58 PM
I'm planning to work my way up to pope just so I can give Serena sainthood for this :p

Mother Serena of the cross. She only performed one miracle but it was good enough to count for three. I hereby canonise her right now :p

HowardH
Oct 17th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Well, Ana seems to be destined to win at least one tournament every year. Great play from her from all accounts, which is nice. She's certainly partly back, but I think I'll reserve judgment on whether the slump is totally over until after a few more tournaments, possibly after the AO.

azdaja
Oct 17th, 2010, 01:00 PM

i hope this means the slump is really over and we will have moments that are even bigger than this. but for me as her fan this is one of the best moments so far. i'm really happy :yippee:

JamieOwen3
Oct 17th, 2010, 01:01 PM
she is going to be sooooo motivated in the off season for australia. should be interesting :D

Ksenia.
Oct 17th, 2010, 01:01 PM
finally :sobbing:

The Daviator
Oct 17th, 2010, 01:03 PM
16-5 since Cincy :worship:

The 2nd Law
Oct 17th, 2010, 01:04 PM

:eek:

Curtos07
Oct 17th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Oh yeah and Bye Slump!

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m142/AJB4/YouTube-AnaIvanovicflv0000.gif

:wavey:

Davodus
Oct 17th, 2010, 01:06 PM
Mother Serena of the cross. She only performed one miracle but it was good enough to count for three. I hereby canonise her right now :p

Mother Serena :lol: :worship:

JamieOwen3
Oct 17th, 2010, 01:06 PM
thaught this was good to represent the current Ana :hearts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVWA5avUI-0

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Oct 17th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Just really started when she made the 4-1. Some awesome points and could put a lot of pressure with her BH as well. Dominated the whole match and now we finally can say that she's BACK!
SF Cincinnati
R4 US Open
QF Beijing
and now the win in Linz. A lot of points won and almost nothing to defend till Rome.
Hopefully she keeps it up in Luxembourg!

Odd, Isa came her when the slump almost started and when she's away for a week Ana wins a tournament.

AJDE!!!!!!!

azdaja
Oct 17th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Odd, Isa came her when the slump almost started and when she's away for a week Ana wins a tournament.
i thought about that too :lol: i hope she doesn't get the idea to stay away from this forum. a little superstition is ok, but it should not go in that direction ;)

Mixo
Oct 17th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Congrats people! Soooo fucking happy!

Mixo
Oct 17th, 2010, 01:37 PM
We believed!!! xD

Pops Maellard
Oct 17th, 2010, 01:40 PM
Congrats people! Soooo fucking happy!

Hi, great to see you. :cheer:

cocco80
Oct 17th, 2010, 02:31 PM
This is amazing ! She really needed this better form to be materialized in some way. This Linz title will do just fine, especially because of the 2 year gap and the fact that her last one was at the same tournament. Everything makes sense..

Our Baby Anci never gave up.. she believed and the results are coming her way. I just hope she continues to work hard and to build on her confidence, something she can always get a good use of.

.. I think we should dedicate this title to Izzy. She sure deserves it. :)

Oh.. I almost forgot - Ana Banana :banana: :banana: :banana:

bruce goose
Oct 17th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Well, Ana seems to be destined to win at least one tournament every year. Great play from her from all accounts, which is nice. She's certainly partly back, but I think I'll reserve judgment on whether the slump is totally over until after a few more tournaments, possibly after the AO.For crying out loud,Howard,don't encourage Izzy with THAT!While I'll agree that she may not have reached her previous peak level yet,do you REALLY think that she's gonna regress backwards and start playing at 2009/Early 2010 level again??.....It's like I was telling Izzy during one of her ridiculous "2009 was better" rants,Ana has re-discovered her love of tennis and,even better,she has some strong guidance now that she never had before.There might be some more speed bumps along the way,but Ana is even honestly acknowledging her weaknesses now which she never did previously when she only offered us asinine excuses.......Ana IS back;it's just a question of when she reaches "peak 'back'"....or if she can go beyond those psychological hurdles she sometimes faces to improve on her previous best:cool:

azdaja
Oct 17th, 2010, 02:39 PM
i agree with bruce, i think ana is back and we only need to see if she will reach her peak form again. let's not forget that even in the lead up to her first grand slam title she never was really consistent. last few months do feel like those times, at least a bit.

in her speech ana thanked to people around her who believed in her even when she stopped believing in herself. i guess the folks in this forum also did. that's why i also don't care what the next week will be like, this is a great moment for anyone who never abandoned her.

bruce goose
Oct 17th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Yes I'm so waiting for Izzy to come back now :haha: Wonder what her first post will be...I can imagine something likeDon't worry,Ben,we've got Brasilero Andre on call for just such a situation:

Izzy: Ana's slump isn't over yet:(....that was the WORST I've ever seen Patty play...and Vinci was sick from eating bad linguini...and Goerges choked by giving Ana some DFs...and Zahlavova-Strycova lost her composure....and Sorana gifted a match to her buddy Ana....Ana played like crap:mad:,and I'm not gonna say the slump is over until she wins back-to-back Slam Tourna---MMMMPHHH!!!
Contador Zorro Andre: :kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:......
Izzy: :inlove:Ana is the best!It's so wonderful to have her back:D:D:D

Marilyn Monheaux
Oct 17th, 2010, 02:47 PM
:sobbing:

Thank you, Serena!:kiss:

InsideOut.
Oct 17th, 2010, 02:57 PM
I loved her reaction to winning BTW. It was so Steffi-like - not over-the-top, but full of joy and a lot of class. :inlove:

gloria7
Oct 17th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Welcome back,princess!
Congrats,people!

I've changed it a little bit:

Holzman:Yeah,what can i do for you,Ana?
Ana:It's a very personal,very important thing.Are you ready,Dan?
Holzman:I'm ready.
Ana:Here it is:Show me the money.SHOW!ME!THE!MONEY!Say it with me,Dan.
Holzman:Show you the money.
Ana:Oh.no,no.You can do better than that,Dan.I want you to say it with meaning.
Holzman:Show you the money!
Ana:Hey,i got Mikkel Nissen on the other line.I bet he can say it!
Holzman:Yeah,yeah,no,no,no.Show me the money!
Ana:Yeah!Louder!
Holzman:SHOW ME THE MONEY!
Ana:I need to feel you,Dan.
Holzman:SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!
Ana:What you gonna do,Dan?
Holzman:Show you the money!
Ana:Congratulations,you're still my manager.

spiritedenergy
Oct 17th, 2010, 04:23 PM
well done!!! I'm so pissed i wasn't able to watch anything and there is nothing on youtube... How did Ana play? Also i was thinking... Ana wins a tournament the only time Izzy is away :happy::hug:

spiritedenergy
Oct 17th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Don't worry,Ben,we've got Brasilero Andre on call for just such a situation:

Izzy: Ana's slump isn't over yet:(....that was the WORST I've ever seen Patty play...and Vinci was sick from eating bad linguini...and Goerges choked by giving Ana some DFs...and Zahlavova-Strycova lost her composure....and Sorana gifted a match to her buddy Ana....Ana played like crap:mad:,and I'm not gonna say the slump is over until she wins back-to-back Slam Tourna---MMMMPHHH!!!
Contador Zorro Andre: :kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:......
Izzy: :inlove:Ana is the best!It's so wonderful to have her back:D:D:D

:haha:

Marilyn Monheaux
Oct 17th, 2010, 06:20 PM
Watching the match right now! :cool: :cheer:

jelenacg
Oct 17th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Omg so happy :sobbing::hysteric:
Well done Ana :worship::worship:
Now i`ll have to download every match bc i only could see 2r :lol:

When Izzy sees this :haha:
She is going to have a heart attack :lol::lol:

Also one big Thank you to Serena :bowdown:

jelenacg
Oct 17th, 2010, 08:08 PM

Yes I'm so waiting for Izzy to come back now :haha: Wonder what her first post will be...I can imagine something like

I had to :lol::lol:

i hope this means the slump is really over and we will have moments that are even bigger than this. but for me as her fan this is one of the best moments so far. i'm really happy :yippee:

Definitely ,one of the best moments .:hearts:
Sometimes i thought this moment would never come :sobbing:

:hearts:

gaviotabr
Oct 17th, 2010, 08:12 PM
ANA!!!

I love you!

:worship:

:bounce:

jelenacg
Oct 17th, 2010, 08:20 PM
ANA!!!

I love you!

:worship:

:bounce:
:lol::lol:
Look who is back :p

doni1212
Oct 17th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Bruce, mi amor...żDónde estás? żEstás escondiendo? :lol:

bruce goose
Oct 17th, 2010, 09:12 PM
:spit: :spit: :spit:
The best?!!! Excuse me but is Baltimore the one with the record 6 Lombardi's proudly on display at their respective facility? Nope, didn't think so! Was Baltimore the team that won the Superbowl twice in the last 6 years? Nope, didn't think so! Has Baltimore won 7 conference championship games (a record)? Nope, didn't think so! Has Baltimore played in at least one Superbowl in every decade since the 1970s? Nope, didn't think so! (Ok, I'll let you slide on this one since you guys have only been in existence for 2 decades).Boy,you called THAT one right:rolleyes:.I just got myself a workout smashing a lead pipe against the wall.What a pathetic bunch of stupid,fucking inbred chokers!They made a soft,mediocre defense look like the 1970s Steel Curtain with their pussy-ass,passive attack in the 4th quarter and OT.Flacco is a fucking retard who threw at least two screen passes,with NOTHINg but open space for long gains,three or four feet over his receiver's head:rolleyes:.That pansy-ass shit-head doesn't have the poise OR intellect to be a top QB and we're lucky he didn't choke away the Steelers game with so many near-interceptions.He played like a fucking coward who was SCARED to lose as all of his late throws floated away as if they were thrown by a limp-wristed sissy who couldn't keep his nerves....The special teams looked more like the special Olympics:rolleyes:...and fucking moron coach Harbaugh should fire that joke of a co-ordinator Jim Zorn who made the Redskins resemble a clown college with his pee-wee league NON-coaching ability.Here's a simple guideline:Never hire a coach whose parents were brother and sister....BRILLIANT strategy to empty the backfield on that 3rd and 1;why not get a megaphone and tell the Pats,"Hey,QB sneak coming up!"...That kind of running only works when you have a dominant offensive line...as opposed to a group of fat,overrated butt-fucks who lose their edge as the game progresses and can't even gain one inch against a suspect,below-average defensive line.

I don't believe in macumbas...but if aye DID,then I'd say that Sucky Ana transferred all her choking lousiness to the chickenshit,can't-hold-a-lead Flacco,Harbaugh and the rest of those loud-talking,fake,pretentious punks....At least the TRUE Ana knows how to win a title...but that worthless shit I saw in Foxboro today reminded me of the Ana who blew a 4-0 3rd-set lead by losing 6 straight games to Radwanska...let's be thankful if that imitation Ana NEVER returns:o

Pops Maellard
Oct 17th, 2010, 10:38 PM
Looking forward to making my next video now. :bounce:

gaviotabr
Oct 17th, 2010, 11:14 PM
Ok.. finally have some time to sit here and write.

First of all.. I went on my trip last sunday thinking I had the week off tennis-wise.. :spit: At first I thought I could check the forum and google news every once in a while, but then I decided I would go tennis free and give you guys some rest from my incessant, boring ramblings.. :spit: So I didn't check anything. Imagine my surprise when I got home from a long plane ride to open the forum and see Ana had just won a title! Amazeballs! Pure happy emotions! I've said it here before how important a title would be for Ana right now, any title, and to see she just won one is absolutely great. It has to give her huge incentive to keep working hard, a wave of confidence and lots of satisfaction from her tennis. It's really all that great! To see the genuine pure happiness on her face is like a gift from te skies. Amazing how things work sometimes.. she wasn't even supposed to play this tournament, makes a an 11th hour decision and storms to a much needed, much awaited, much deserved title. It seems like destiny.

I haven't watched any match, so I'm sure I'll have many thoughts to share, if you all allow me, after I watch them, but right now the thing that strikes me the most is the decision to play the tournament. Ana is really rededicating herself to tennis, and that's crucial in her road to recovery. Playing a 4th week in a row (meaning she would also play a 5th), deciding to go at the very last moment, be ready to play.. all that just shows how much she wants to play tennis right now and how much that makes a difference in her performance. I bow to that! :worship:

I have to say one last thing though.. I'm not going to expect much from Lux now.. but it would be really nice and I would even say a huge step foward if she can keep her level up. Old Ana would always lose focus and play at a low level after a title run, so if she manages to keep her concentration and intensity up and play at a high level, have a good week in Lux, it would mean a lot. IMHO. Either way, I'm just really happy Ana is back into the winners circle! Linz will always be a special place!

gaviotabr
Oct 17th, 2010, 11:23 PM

I'm back.. so happy!!! :bounce:

Yes I'm so waiting for Izzy to come back now Wonder what her first post will be...I can imagine something like

Wrong.. I was just in awe so the max I could say was "Ana I love you". :lol: Very elaborate.. but my second post was analytical.. not as you thought though.. :p

SO SO happy!!!! :sobbing: Ajde! :worship:

It's clearly all my fault.. I'm the official Ana jinxer.. :sobbing: I should go on holidays and leave you all (and Ana) alone more often.. :sobbing:

i thought about that too :lol: i hope she doesn't get the idea to stay away from this forum. a little superstition is ok, but it should not go in that direction ;)

:sobbing: I don't know I don't know.. I'm too adicted to leave though.. :sobbing: I don't want to jinx Ana! :sobbing:

.. I think we should dedicate this title to Izzy. She sure deserves it. :)

Ana deserves it.. she kept fighting and she kept trying.. this is the result of her getting her head and hear back into tennis.

well done!!! I'm so pissed i wasn't able to watch anything and there is nothing on youtube... How did Ana play? Also i was thinking... Ana wins a tournament the only time Izzy is away :happy::hug:

I'm a jinxer.. should go away more often.. :sobbing:

When Izzy sees this :haha:
She is going to have a heart attack :lol::lol:

I definitely almost did have a heart attack when I saw the post with the 9 titles and counting title.. I was like.. what??? I'm so SO happy!!

jelenacg
Oct 17th, 2010, 11:24 PM
First of all welcome back Izzy:) We missed you :p
I can just imagine your surprise :lol::lol:

I haven't watched any match, so I'm sure I'll have many thoughts to share, if you all allow me, after I watch them, but right now the thing that strikes me the most is the decision to play the tournament. Ana is really rededicating herself to tennis, and that's crucial in her road to recovery. Playing a 4th week in a row (meaning she would also play a 5th), deciding to go at the very last moment, be ready to play.. all that just shows how much she wants to play tennis right now and how much that makes a difference in her performance. I bow to that! :worship:

Apparently Ana also missed her brother`s birthday :shrug:
I`m pretty sure i read it somewhere

gaviotabr
Oct 17th, 2010, 11:24 PM
:lol::lol:
Look who is back :p

:p

Great to be back to such amazing news!!!

The 2nd Law
Oct 17th, 2010, 11:29 PM

Yes, she did. I heard her say in the presser after SF - a poster on here Slutiana filmed it. She said she was the first one to call him :lol:

gaviotabr
Oct 17th, 2010, 11:30 PM
Well, Ana seems to be destined to win at least one tournament every year. Great play from her from all accounts, which is nice. She's certainly partly back, but I think I'll reserve judgment on whether the slump is totally over until after a few more tournaments, possibly after the AO.

Agreed. She is definitely on her way to recovery though, which is great. Step by step. And a title like this must give her incentive to work hard and keep focusing on playing better and winning more. She still has a lot to prove though.. beating top players, showing consistency, winning big tournaments.. all are other elements on this road she has to learn to master so she can get back to playing and performing and getting the results that match her talent and potential. We still have to wait and see how things go, but they are finally looking bright.

gaviotabr
Oct 17th, 2010, 11:31 PM

Getting better! :yeah:

gaviotabr
Oct 17th, 2010, 11:35 PM
For crying out loud,Howard,don't encourage Izzy with THAT!While I'll agree that she may not have reached her previous peak level yet,do you REALLY think that she's gonna regress backwards and start playing at 2009/Early 2010 level again??.....It's like I was telling Izzy during one of her ridiculous "2009 was better" rants,Ana has re-discovered her love of tennis and,even better,she has some strong guidance now that she never had before.There might be some more speed bumps along the way,but Ana is even honestly acknowledging her weaknesses now which she never did previously when she only offered us asinine excuses.......Ana IS back;it's just a question of when she reaches "peak 'back'"....or if she can go beyond those psychological hurdles she sometimes faces to improve on her previous best:cool:

What I said is that, as a whole, 2009 was still better result wise than 2010, even if Ana had showed improved form at a few tournaments during the second half of 2010. I was never discussing attitude or form, and I was always looking at the year as a whole, not just a couple of months here and there. I also said only a title would make me change my mind. Obviously with Ana winning Linz, 2010 thumps 2009. A season with a title will always be better than a titleless season.

jelenacg
Oct 17th, 2010, 11:36 PM
Yes, she did. I heard her say in the presser after SF - a poster on here Slutiana filmed it. She said she was the first one to call him :lol:

I knew i read it somewhere :lol: thanks

Btw Izzy did you read/see Ana was penalized one game for long bathroom break :lol: :lol:

gaviotabr
Oct 17th, 2010, 11:36 PM

I'm happy you missed me Jelena! I missed talking to you too! I'm sure many people didn't miss me though.. :spit:

Ana is really showing some desire to play now.. that's great to see. Makes a world of difference IMHO!

So sweet!

jelenacg
Oct 17th, 2010, 11:50 PM
I'm happy you missed me Jelena! I missed talking to you too! I'm sure many people didn't miss me though.. :spit:

Ana is really showing some desire to play now.. that's great to see. Makes a world of difference IMHO!

Yes it makes so much difference
I still feel strange,i can`t believe Ana won a title :bounce:

Since all those journalist were so eager to write so many articles about slumping Ana ,i`m expecting at least few good ones about Ana coming back :ras:

spiritedenergy
Oct 18th, 2010, 12:17 AM

So sweet!

hey izzy!:wavey: How was your trip? Did you enjoy the beach?

We ALL missed you! Did you see how many people thought about you when Ana won? :lol: I think i only saw one remark that might be interpreted as catty but i won't make names (the person probably knows it:angel:).

I also didn't see much apart from a few highlights on youtube, but from those she played great, amazing FHs:worship:

spiritedenergy
Oct 18th, 2010, 12:19 AM
also i saw quite a few people write that ana has won a tournament every year... that's wrong she missed 2009, she didn't win any that year

bruce goose
Oct 18th, 2010, 12:33 AM
I'm sure many people didn't miss me though.. :spit:Don't know which people you were referring to,but I would've missed you if you had never returned...the main thing aye WOULDN'T have missed were the constant,repetitive denials that Ana wasn't showing any true signs of improvement...and the constant assertions that Ana was in the depths of a black hole---even though the rest of us on this planet noticed the encouraging signs that were building towards Linz.

I never doubted that you'd be pleased with Ana's success even if she proved you wrong,and I hope you enjoyed your vacation and return:)....I don't believe in jinxes but,if aye DID,then I'd say that you jinxed the Ravens...who went from being a Super Bowl contender to playing like a bunch of cowardly,retarded,fucked-in-the-head chokers:(......but,like I said,I don't believe in jinxes....and Ana's Linz victory heavily mitigates that DISGRACEFUL showing that took place in New England

InsideOut.
Oct 18th, 2010, 01:05 AM
:rolls: at Izzy's reaction :D

doni1212
Oct 18th, 2010, 01:16 AM
Welcome back Izzy!!! :hug: Como vai vocę? Tudo bem?

doni1212
Oct 18th, 2010, 01:23 AM
Boy,you called THAT one right:rolleyes:.I just got myself a workout smashing a lead pipe against the wall.What a pathetic bunch of stupid,fucking inbred chokers!They made a soft,mediocre defense look like the 1970s Steel Curtain with their pussy-ass,passive attack in the 4th quarter and OT.Flacco is a fucking retard who threw at least two screen passes,with NOTHINg but open space for long gains,three or four feet over his receiver's head:rolleyes:.That pansy-ass shit-head doesn't have the poise OR intellect to be a top QB and we're lucky he didn't choke away the Steelers game with so many near-interceptions.He played like a fucking coward who was SCARED to lose as all of his late throws floated away as if they were thrown by a limp-wristed sissy who couldn't keep his nerves....The special teams looked more like the special Olympics:rolleyes:...and fucking moron coach Harbaugh should fire that joke of a co-ordinator Jim Zorn who made the Redskins resemble a clown college with his pee-wee league NON-coaching ability.Here's a simple guideline:Never hire a coach whose parents were brother and sister....BRILLIANT strategy to empty the backfield on that 3rd and 1;why not get a megaphone and tell the Pats,"Hey,QB sneak coming up!"...That kind of running only works when you have a dominant offensive line...as opposed to a group of fat,overrated butt-fucks who lose their edge as the game progresses and can't even gain one inch against a suspect,below-average defensive line.

I don't believe in macumbas...but if aye DID,then I'd say that Sucky Ana transferred all her choking lousiness to the chickenshit,can't-hold-a-lead Flacco,Harbaugh and the rest of those loud-talking,fake,pretentious punks....At least the TRUE Ana knows how to win a title...but that worthless shit I saw in Foxboro today reminded me of the Ana who blew a 4-0 3rd-set lead by losing 6 straight games to Radwanska...let's be thankful if that imitation Ana NEVER returns:o

:eek: :eek: :eek: :spit:
WOW! You are NOT in denial, :lol:
And Zorn's parents are brother and sister?!

Davodus
Oct 18th, 2010, 02:15 AM
I'm back.. so happy!!! :bounce:

Welcome back :p I think it's really funny that when you went away, Ana randomly plays a tournament and wins it :lol: I'd certainly think, if it was me, I was a jinx :p But of course you can't leave so Ana will just have to learn to win with you here :lol: Pretty sure we had like 1/8th of the articles we usually have with you gone btw :lol:

I keep looking at photos of Ana with the trophy, it's so nice to see, and she is so happy! Long time coming.

bruce goose
Oct 18th, 2010, 02:20 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :spit:
WOW! You are NOT in denial, :lol:
And Zorn's parents are brother and sister?!Probably not,but that might as well be the case...the Redskins are my second team,so I witnessed plenty of Zorn's stupidity while he was coaching.He was only hired because Dan Snyder wanted a lame,butt-boy coach whom he could boss around once the legend Gibbs left.Fortunately,Snyder has backed off from personnel decisons by hiring a credible GM and a reliable head coach.

The Redskins will most likely lose to the Colts tonight,but that's no huge disappointment b/c expectations are modest for the 'Skins.In analogous tennis terms,it's no big deal for Alona Bondarenko fans if she goes an entire year w/o making a Slam QF.That's why it's pathetic and embarrassing for the Ravens to play like a bunch of fucking,shit-head chokers when they practically have the game won.As it's often been with Ana,it's disappointing when a team or individual fails to do their best due to MENTAL/intestinal fortitude deficiency......Let's hope that Ana has put that era completely behind her

azdaja
Oct 18th, 2010, 09:33 AM
First of all.. I went on my trip last sunday thinking I had the week off tennis-wise.. :spit: At first I thought I could check the forum and google news every once in a while, but then I decided I would go tennis free and give you guys some rest from my incessant, boring ramblings.. :spit: So I didn't check anything. Imagine my surprise when I got home from a long plane ride to open the forum and see Ana had just won a title!
probably the best thing that could ever happen? i mean, did you even know that she would play last week? if not that would be a perfect surprise ;)

and don't worry about people needing a rest from you :lol: i came to this thread with the intention of posting about how you would react and then i saw somebody had already done that, so i think enough people here like you and if a couple of them have a problem it's no big deal ;) plus you are not a jinxer, ana won the first grand slam she played after you had registered, you know? :lol:

let's see if peak ana 2.0 will be different from the original one when it gets to playing consecutive tournaments. that was a mental problem and she needed to improve something about her mentality in order to overcome this slump, so who knows.

The 2nd Law
Oct 18th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Izzy I missed you too :p You make such a great contribution to this forum, even when I'm in my not posting on TF mood I can always rely on you to keep me updated on things when I'm lurking the sub-forum :lol:

That being said, everyone who posts in here is great :)

krystian
Oct 18th, 2010, 10:08 AM
You think Ana will play her 1st round match tomorrow or just on Wednesday?

Hopefully this tournament gonna be streamed and we'll have a chance to see Ana, because Eurosport is broadcasting Moscow this week.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Oct 18th, 2010, 05:00 PM
We ALL missed you! Did you see how many people thought about you when Ana won? :lol: I think i only saw one remark that might be interpreted as catty but i won't make names (the person probably knows it:angel:).

Now I'm curious :)

I also wonder if Isa is as pissed of as she said she would after losing to the new nr 1.

Ana has won 9 matches in a row in Linz. It's like Kim and her USO.
Only at RG she won more matches in a row.

Hard to say what Luxembourg will bring. Played many tournaments in a row. The draw looks easy again for the first 3 matches. I kinda have a deja vu to 2007 after winning Luxembourg. This Luxembourg can be like Stuttgart from 2007.
Besides Ana is playing doubles as well like she said.
I guess I'm glad she gets at least a week of rest before Bali. Or maybe it's just bad for her form? We'll see.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Oct 18th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Btw I think it's important that Ana is at least ranked 24th after Brisbane. Can be a huge difference for the AO draw. Since Ana is playing Hopman Cup she loses the 130 points. So Bali is kinda important.

bruce goose
Oct 18th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Btw I think it's important that Ana is at least ranked 24th after Brisbane. Can be a huge difference for the AO draw. Since Ana is playing Hopman Cup she loses the 130 points. So Bali is kinda important.Sjoerd,it's kinda ironic that you have Sevastova in your sig now;when I saw that Craybas had made the Lux MD as an LL,I thought to myself,"Damn!Ana withdrew",but when I scrolled down and double-checked I saw that it was Sevastova instead....Just curious,is your new #3 healthy enough to play Bali?I think she's eligible as one of the Top 10 available MM champions.....minus gals who won't play there,like Sharapova,Schiavone,Clijsters,etc.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Oct 18th, 2010, 05:53 PM
Sjoerd,it's kinda ironic that you have Sevastova in your sig now;when I saw that Craybas had made the Lux MD as an LL,I thought to myself,"Damn!Ana withdrew",but when I scrolled down and double-checked I saw that it was Sevastova instead....Just curious,is your new #3 healthy enough to play Bali?I think she's eligible as one of the Top 10 available MM champions.....minus gals who won't play there,like Sharapova,Schiavone,Clijsters,etc.

I don't know, no clue how bad it is. And her form is just as predictable as Ana's. I guess we know soon who we'll play there.

krystian
Oct 18th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Ana is playing on Wednesday..

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Oct 18th, 2010, 09:06 PM
Ana is playing on Wednesday..

Also ;) Tomorrow she plays doubles.

Dexter
Oct 18th, 2010, 09:34 PM
I had a unexpected trip and I couldn't watch the final. Just checked the results, but I had little doubts she would win. Thanks for the highlights, Jamie!
Nothing to add, I agree and feel what you've already said guys. Don't want to be carried away either, but I really would like her to follow it up and I don't think it's a flash in the pan.
It's incredible feeling to see her in the winners circle again as her loyal fans, but can you imagine what she feels like? That must be an ecstatic moment.
THANK YOU ANA!

Sean.
Oct 18th, 2010, 11:26 PM
:lol: Thanks guys.

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc219/5e4n/repz.png

JamieOwen3
Oct 18th, 2010, 11:44 PM
I had a unexpected trip and I couldn't watch the final. Just checked the results, but I had little doubts she would win. Thanks for the highlights, Jamie!
Nothing to add, I agree and feel what you've already said guys. Don't want to be carried away either, but I really would like her to follow it up and I don't think it's a flash in the pan.
It's incredible feeling to see her in the winners circle again as her loyal fans, but can you imagine what she feels like? That must be an ecstatic moment.
THANK YOU ANA!

:yeah: no problem!! It was nice making highlights of a dominant display from her like that, so sure of her shots.

hellas719
Oct 19th, 2010, 02:59 AM
Title for Ana :inlove:

Curtos07
Oct 19th, 2010, 04:52 PM
Ana plays the last match tomorrow on Center Court.

@Kfish_WTA: Wed schedule @WTATour Luxembourg: Centre - 3rd match (after 12pm start / N.B 4pm) Schnyder v Wickmayer then Ivanovic v Larsson

bruce goose
Oct 19th, 2010, 05:38 PM
Ana plays the last match tomorrow on Center Court.My thinking is that it's good for Ana to have as long a gap as possible in between her title win and her next match.....more time to let the euphoria wear off and focus on a NEW goal,hopefully

AbyssII
Oct 19th, 2010, 05:52 PM
No links for Dubs ?

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Oct 19th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Last match is Flipkens vs Rezai. Ana will play around 6 PM I guess.

delicatecutter
Oct 19th, 2010, 06:02 PM
OH MY SWEET JESUS!! I can't believe Baby Anci is playing doubles with Wickmayer. :sobbing: :o That girl is a saint!

azdaja
Oct 19th, 2010, 06:08 PM
My thinking is that it's good for Ana to have as long a gap as possible in between her title win and her next match.....more time to let the euphoria wear off and focus on a NEW goal,hopefully
i'm pretty sure ana asked for suach a schedule ;)

Dexter
Oct 19th, 2010, 07:22 PM
46 64 10-5 victory in dubs. :yeah: Cant even think of the last time she's won a doubles match. :lol:

gaviotabr
Oct 19th, 2010, 07:28 PM
46 64 10-5 victory in dubs. :yeah: Cant even think of the last time she's won a doubles match. :lol:

Someone just mentioned it over twitter that it was with Schiavone in Moscow 2008. :spit:

jelenacg
Oct 19th, 2010, 07:29 PM
It would be nice if someone could find when was the last time Ana won doubles match.I think in Moscow
I bet Wickmayer threatened to kick her ass if she doesn`t take this match seriously :lol: :lol:

spiritedenergy
Oct 19th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Ana is winning left and right in these MMs... MM Queen:worship:

Sean.
Oct 19th, 2010, 08:03 PM
She's played a lot of tennis recently! I hope she's not tired for Bali.

InsideOut.
Oct 20th, 2010, 12:58 AM
Ana winning a doubles match :rolls: Neither Vedy nor Scheepers are total rollovers in doubles either (both have multiple ITF doubles titles this year), so good job :yeah:

Pops Maellard
Oct 20th, 2010, 01:01 AM
OH MY SWEET JESUS!! I can't believe Baby Anci is playing doubles with Wickmayer. :sobbing: :o That girl is a saint!

IKR. :sobbing:

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m142/AJB4/Wickmayerbitchyhandshakewwwkeepvidcomflv0000.gif

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Oct 20th, 2010, 04:39 PM
Too bad the season is almost over. Ana just started.
From Brisbane untill San Diego Ana has 912 points. That's what she has to defend in the first 7 months of 2011.

After that she has:

395 Cincinnati SF
280 US Open R4
001 Seoul R1
070 Tokyo R2
250 Beijing QF
280 Linz WIN
030 Luxembourg R2 still in

Already 1306 points in 2,5 months.

InsideOut.
Oct 20th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Nice win :dance: Good luck against Arantxa Parra Santonja.

gaviotabr
Oct 20th, 2010, 04:40 PM
6-3 6-0. Started a little shaky, and had one bad game (3 netted shots and 1 DF) to get broken in the third game of the first set.. but other than that, very good match from Ana. She improved as the match went on. Some rocket forehands!

Takes on Arantxa Parra Santonja in the second round. I have never seen her play.. does anyone know how she plays?

gaviotabr
Oct 20th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Too bad the season is almost over. Ana just started.
From Brisbane untill San Diego Ana has 912 points. That's what she has to defend in the first 7 months of 2011.

After that she has:

395 Cincinnati SF
280 US Open R4
001 Seoul R1
070 Tokyo R2
250 Beijing QF
280 Linz WIN
030 Luxembourg R2 still in

Already 1306 points in 2,5 months.

It's a real pity that the season is ending now.. Ana could have made up even more ground.. but well.. hopefully these last good results motivate Ana to work hard in the off season and come back in 2011 even better.

InsideOut.
Oct 20th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Apparently, Arantxa Parra Santonja serves quite big and hits hard and flat, but is rather inconsistent. :tape:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Oct 20th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Takes on Arantxa Parra Santonja in the second round. I have never seen her play.. does anyone know how she plays?

2 handed FH and BH but is taller than Bartoli. If Ana gets in her game and can dominate in the rally it shouldn't be a problem.

InsideOut.
Oct 20th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Parra Santonja against Radwanska:
w7fLTYSlRcs

As you can see she hits double-handed both sides and doesn't construct points much.

Parra Santonja against Duque Marino:
Px0ikVv0d_I&feature=related

She hates moonballs :lol:

gaviotabr
Oct 20th, 2010, 04:53 PM
Thanks guys! By the videos this girl can hit some big shots, but also some huge UEs. These are the kind of matches Ana must win though.. so hopfully she can play well and get another win under her belt. Ajde!

Curtos07
Oct 20th, 2010, 05:06 PM
Great performance from Ana today. I was interested to find out the number of bagels Ana has served during the past couple of months and compare it to how she did the previous two years. From when her slump begin at Wimbledon 2008 until San Diego this year, Ana served a combined total of 3 bagels in that 2 year span. Since Cincinnati, Ana has served a total of 6 bagels in just 2 months. Also has 5 breadsticks and a bunch of 2 game sets since Cincy.. I thought that was quite amazing stat. Hopefully she can keep this up. :)

bruce goose
Oct 20th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Great performance from Ana today. I was interested to find out the number of bagels Ana has served during the past couple of months and compare it to how she did the previous two years. From when her slump begin at Wimbledon 2008 until San Diego this year, Ana served a combined total of 3 bagels in that 2 year span. Since Cincinnati, Ana has served a total of 6 bagels in just 2 months. Also has 5 breadsticks and a bunch of 2 game sets since Cincy.. I thought that was quite amazing stat. Hopefully she can keep this up. :)Here's another stat I'd like to see(it's slightly subjective cuz Ana may have played poorly but had a weak opponent) :What is Ana's most dominant opening victory in her next tournament following a title?:cool:

gaviotabr
Oct 20th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Here's another stat I'd like to see(it's slightly subjective cuz Ana may have played poorly but had a weak opponent) :What is Ana's most dominant opening victory in her next tournament following a title?:cool:

I would say her win over Schnyder in Stuttgart 2007, following her title in Luxembourg.

Opening rounds:

After Canberra 05: AO 3-6 7-6(4) 6-1 (against Benesova).
After Montreal 06: USO 6-3 5-7 6-4 (against Dushevina).
After Berlin 07: RG 6-2 6-0 (against Arvidsson).
After LA 07: Toronto 3-6 1-6 (against Yan)
After Lux 07: Stuttgart 6-0 6-2 (against Schnyder).
After IW 08: Miami 6-1 6-2 (against Loit).
After RG 08: Wimbledon 6-1 6-2 (against de los Rios).
After Linz 08: YEC Doha 4-6 3-6 (against JJ).
After Linz 10: Lux 6-3 6-0 (against Larsson).

Just 2 losses actually.. the problem usually came in second or third rounds.. :tape:

InsideOut.
Oct 20th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Here's another stat I'd like to see(it's slightly subjective cuz Ana may have played poorly but had a weak opponent) :What is Ana's most dominant opening victory in her next tournament following a title?:cool:

Easy.

Tied between:
Roland Garros 2007 6-2 6-0 over Arvidsson after Berlin win
Stuttgart 2007 6-0 6-2 over Schnyder after Luxembourg win

gaviotabr
Oct 20th, 2010, 06:20 PM
Ana plays 2nd match after 2pm tomorrow, following Schnyder x Keothavong. She also has doubles, last match on Court 1.

http://www.bglbnpparibas-open.lu/en/orderofplay_thursday.php

I hope she has tons of energy. Ajde!

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Oct 20th, 2010, 06:29 PM
Tough day at work tomorrow, have to work for at least 11 hours. So I certainly miss Maria's and Ana's match. Have to hope the match will be posted somewhere.

Hard to think what tomorrow is gonna be. She's in a great form so she should win. But Ana showed so much inconsistency in the past. Can she win 2 tournaments in 2 weeks? It's like going back to her juniors days.

bruce goose
Oct 20th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Easy.

Tied between:
Roland Garros 2007 6-2 6-0 over Arvidsson after Berlin win
Stuttgart 2007 6-0 6-2 over Schnyder after Luxembourg winThanks to you and Izzy for the stats:hatoff:

jelenacg
Oct 20th, 2010, 07:24 PM
She won :bounce:
It`s so nice to get home and see Ana won her match :)
Ajde

Dexter
Oct 20th, 2010, 09:17 PM
In the words of Ana - straight sets win is all I asked for. :yeah:

hellas719
Oct 21st, 2010, 02:04 AM
Ana :clap2:

Pops Maellard
Oct 21st, 2010, 02:17 AM
:hearts:

InsideOut.
Oct 21st, 2010, 03:36 PM
Ana is World No. 24 with the quarterfinal showing in Luxembourg :hearts: Third straight quarterfinal :inlove:

Curtos07
Oct 21st, 2010, 03:41 PM
Not her best performance today, but I'll take it. Will have to step her game up if she is going to beat Goerges again. Julia is playing well and gave Ana a tough match last week. I think this will be very close and tight.

gaviotabr
Oct 21st, 2010, 03:46 PM
A win is a win.. but Ana didn't play well..so many FH misses.. She looked tired to me.. and still has doubles to play.

Ana has Goerges in the QF again, and that should be the toughest match. She really needs to step it up for tomorrow. I saw Goerges play against Suarez Navarro and she was great. Ana is going to need to have a full tank, and to have her serve and forehand working perfectly. Ajde!

spiritedenergy
Oct 21st, 2010, 04:31 PM
A win is a win.. but Ana didn't play well..so many FH misses.. She looked tired to me.. and still has doubles to play.

Ana has Goerges in the QF again, and that should be the toughest match. She really needs to step it up for tomorrow. I saw Goerges play against Suarez Navarro and she was great. Ana is going to need to have a full tank, and to have her serve and forehand working perfectly. Ajde!

i can imagine she looked tired, she played a lot and traveled a lot... but it's what she needed... I'm so happy that she's still winning despite being tired, that's a very good sign that she's not giving up because she doesn't care like she used to do. As long as she doesn't totally suck and put up a good show, i don't really care about the QF. The most important even for her now is Bali IMO.

bruce goose
Oct 21st, 2010, 05:25 PM
Is RG 2007 the only time Ana has ever reached a semifinal after winning a title??....Yeah,I know Ana went beyond the semis at RG 2007,but we're going step by step now;)

InsideOut.
Oct 21st, 2010, 06:41 PM
Ana plays third match on CC tomorrow:
http://www.bglbnpparibas-open.lu/fr/orderofplay_friday.php

gaviotabr
Oct 21st, 2010, 06:42 PM
Ana plays 3rd match tomorrow, not before 5:30 pm local time.

She will have to get the intensity up and serve really well. Tough match against Goerges. Ajde!

JamieOwen3
Oct 21st, 2010, 06:57 PM
7th win in a row isn't it? lets make it 8 ;)

bruce goose
Oct 21st, 2010, 06:59 PM
Just checked the stats,and this is only the second time in Ana's career that she's even made the QUARTERfinals in her next tourney following a title.I'm excluding YEC 2008 from that list b/c Ana didn't have to win any matches to reach that grouping of eight since the field starts with that........Hercog is a promising young player but she's sort of erratic and has choked away leads quite a bit...so I believe that Goerges is the one big obstacle between Ana and a Luxembourg title

jelenacg
Oct 21st, 2010, 07:03 PM
I`m glad she won :bounce:
Tired :sad: I understand she is tired but try your best tomorrow Ana
Ajde

Dexter
Oct 21st, 2010, 07:42 PM
Ajde, ajde, ajde! :yeah: I just saw the first set and then I had to leave. She was patchy but got the job done. No complaints.

Cp6uja
Oct 21st, 2010, 08:12 PM
For those who like Ana new stats just to say this:
In 10 months between July 2009 and April 2010 Ana Ivanovic won just 8 tennis matches overall (including Fed Cup, EXO and Doubles), and in just last 8 days she won 7 matches (8 if count doubles)... and still counting!

:drool:

gaviotabr
Oct 21st, 2010, 09:19 PM
Ana on facebook:

Ana Ivanovic I'm expecting a very tough match against Goerges tomorrow. Our match in Linz last week was my most difficult during the tournament - I had to play some of my best tennis to hold her off. I'm sure she will be aggressive and I have to try and stop her from playing her game.

I'm glad she knows it will probably be a tough match tomorrow. I hope she is up for it and ready to fight! Ajde!

Pops Maellard
Oct 22nd, 2010, 12:28 AM
OMG, I can't wait to make my video. Happy endings. :yeah:

Hope she can win again but I won't be too gutted if she doesn't.

Pops Maellard
Oct 22nd, 2010, 01:10 AM
Is Bali the week after Luxembourg BTW? I'd hope there was a week in between.

InsideOut.
Oct 22nd, 2010, 01:12 AM
2 weeks later; next week is Doha ;)

Pops Maellard
Oct 22nd, 2010, 01:17 AM
Oh good. :) So we don't have to be concerned too much about rest. :D

Marilyn Monheaux
Oct 22nd, 2010, 10:03 AM
Since the news of Maria's engagement broke... I was wondering if Ana is even still with Adam? :confused:

gaviotabr
Oct 22nd, 2010, 10:30 AM
Since the news of Maria's engagement broke... I was wondering if Ana is even still with Adam? :confused:

No.. they broke up a few months ago. Both have already said so.

Marilyn Monheaux
Oct 22nd, 2010, 10:44 AM
Great fan I am.:o

bruce goose
Oct 22nd, 2010, 02:55 PM
Great fan I am.:oDon't feel badly:):hug:---although you should have figured it out when you saw Ana's winning results,improved physical fitness,higher self-esteem and visibly increased happiness:p....The past is the past,but we see how Masha chose much better than Ana did;Maria hitched up with a two-time NBA champion while Ana picked a 3rd-rate loser who's only ranked 40th in the world after a MUCH-better-than-normal year for him...heck,even Pironkova is ranked in the Top 35 following her fluke Wimby run:haha::haha:...and it's not like he had a choice to admit their break-up;what was he gonna do?Say that Ana was lying when she announced that she'd dumped him?:lol:

Anyway,this is a MUCH happier time for Ana now and,if she can get past Goerges today,we'll probably see her first-ever back-to-back titles:cool:...and a possible hook-up with Nole when she plays Hopman Cup with him next year;)...but we won't get ahead of ourselves 'til that happens:angel:

spiritedenergy
Oct 22nd, 2010, 03:27 PM
i just noticed Ana got the toughest QF... all other players should be much easier to play... If she can get past this she has a good chance...

bruce goose
Oct 22nd, 2010, 05:16 PM
Just one question: If Ana hadn't played doubles,would she have had enough energy in reserve to make this match more competitive???

InsideOut.
Oct 22nd, 2010, 05:18 PM
I doubt it. I think she was just tired in general.

gaviotabr
Oct 22nd, 2010, 05:20 PM
Just one question: If Ana hadn't played doubles,would she have had enough energy in reserve to make this match more competitive???

I think she could have more energy to make it more competitive. But I'm not sure it would be enough to win.. Ana was dead tired today.

InsideOut.
Oct 22nd, 2010, 05:21 PM
Ultimately, it wasn't only because Ana was tired. We must also recognize that Goerges did play an extremely good match, especially on her serve.

HowardH
Oct 22nd, 2010, 05:24 PM
This was always going to be a tough match for Ana, since Julia was the only player remaining who could match her power, and people did mention Ana might be tired. Ana tightened and did not produce her best, her footwork was a bit sloppy. That helped Julia to produce her best tennis. Ana did not help herself, but perhaps she was a bit tired. Give credit to Julia too, she played a great match, served great, hit huge fhs.

gaviotabr
Oct 22nd, 2010, 05:25 PM
Well... that was a pretty awful match. The serve was crap, forehand all over the place, BH couldn't hold on.. She was mostly passive, and when she tried to attack she would miss by a mile. The first set was crucial.. if Ana had somehow managed to win it, I'm sure Goerges would get a bit down on herself and stop painting the lines. Julia did play great. A real bummer Ana missed that BP to get back to 4-4 in the first.. I think that mishit BH into the net lost her the match. But truth is Ana was dead tired, had no energy today.. Pity considering the rest of the draw.. but it is what it is..

bruce goose
Oct 22nd, 2010, 05:26 PM
Thanks to you both for the input above;it's pretty hard for ANYone to play five straight tourneys,so I don't know how much we could've expected from Ana there.I don't see this stunting her progress.If she finishes okay in Bali and,most importantly,has a solid off-season,then she'll start well in 2011

gaviotabr
Oct 22nd, 2010, 05:28 PM
Ultimately, it wasn't only because Ana was tired. We must also recognize that Goerges did play an extremely good match, especially on her serve.

She did because Ana was passive, and missing a lot. So she allowed Julia to play her game and be comfortable. Goerges is the kind of player you have to be aggressive against, otherwise she will tee up on balls, one after the other. I don't think she would have played this well if Ana herself was playing better.

gaviotabr
Oct 22nd, 2010, 05:40 PM
I hope Ana rests well now, and comes back firing for Bali. It would be great if she can win it. It's just 3 matches and would garantee her in the top 24 for AO. She needs to get the intensity up and bring back the ajdes. She was too flat out there today.

gaviotabr
Oct 22nd, 2010, 05:46 PM
Ana keeps the trend of either winning easily or loosing easily. I would like her to build more of a fighter in her and not get so down on herself or just go away once she loses the first set. Losing the first set doesn't mean anything.. you can always still win the match.. yet she doesn't seem to see that. Needs to relearn how to turn things around.

This is still a long process to recovery.. she has shown some improvement.. but there are many steps to be made. If Ana wants to be a top 10 player again tough, she needs to win these kind of matches. And please.. people.. don't come saying Ana was never a consistent player blablabla.. that was always a bad thing and the opening that lead to the slump. So consistency is crucial for her recovery.