PDA

View Full Version : The 2010 going away party (End of the year thread)!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

gaviotabr
Oct 5th, 2010, 09:04 AM
Ana won! Good!

Made a meal out of the second set.. but at least she was able to fight back and win it. Her serve seemed iffy all match though.. couldn't win a point on second serve for most of the match and hit 7 DFs, which is just too many. She will have to serve much better if she is to have a chance to win the next match against Dementieva.

Come on Ana! Let's take the second step in turning around that h2h!

gaviotabr
Oct 5th, 2010, 09:05 AM
By the way.. Ana is in the toughest section of the draw by far.. look at how the second and third quarters have fallen apart! :o

InsideOut.
Oct 5th, 2010, 09:05 AM
At least she won :weirdo: If she makes me go through that 2 breaks down situation again :o

Good luck against Lena :scared: But this win alone should put her at around no.33 :)

Pops Maellard
Oct 5th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Lena made a ton of DFs herself and seemed to play like shit. So Ana will have her chances.

I'm a bit torn now. :( But either way 3R is good for Ana. She seems to be getting her best results at the right events.

Curtos07
Oct 5th, 2010, 09:13 AM
Oh Ana, you are going to kill me one day. :lol: Need to play mch better against Dementieve, but happy she got the win today. :)

Davodus
Oct 5th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Well she won, despite the lapse, which is good because she turned it around. Also the points are good for her chances at an AO seed. But to beat Dementieva, she has to get rid of those 2 set lapses. Then I think she has a chance of winning.

Btw Izzy, you are right about this section of the draw...some of the other 3rd round matches are :o

gaviotabr
Oct 5th, 2010, 09:25 AM
Well she won, despite the lapse, which is good because she turned it around. Also the points are good for her chances at an AO seed. But to beat Dementieva, she has to get rid of those 2 set lapses. Then I think she has a chance of winning.

She needs to get at least 300 more points to be safe for a seed. This win puts her on the fringe, but not yet among the top 32. And we have to remember she will lose 130 points from Brisbane before seeding is done.

Btw Izzy, you are right about this section of the draw...some of the other 3rd round matches are :o

Yes... the second and third quarters are full of unseeded players.. Ana would have a bigger chance of making a QF or SF if she was somewhere there.. Now Sharapova is losing to Vesnina and all.. so picture the second quarter.. Baczinsky x Vesnina, Bojana x Peer. One of these players will be making a Premier mandatory semifinal.

Davodus
Oct 5th, 2010, 09:30 AM
She needs to get at least 300 more points to be safe for a seed. This win puts her on the fringe, but not yet among the top 32. And we have to remember she will lose 130 points from Brisbane before seeding is done.

Yeah, well she should have just played Brisbane then :( I'm not happy with her for snubbing me :sobbing: But I hope she can get herself high enough to be seeded for AO, so then I can see her there, not against someone like Serena on RLA in the first round :lol:

Yes... the second and third quarters are full of unseeded players.. Ana would have a bigger chance of making a QF or SF if she was somewhere there.. Now Sharapova is losing to Vesnina and all.. so picture the second quarter.. Baczinsky x Vesnina, Bojana x Peer. One of these players will be making a Premier mandatory semifinal.

:o What crap. Well, it will just be all the more worthwhile if Ana comes out of her section :p

gaviotabr
Oct 5th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Yeah, well she should have just played Brisbane then :( I'm not happy with her for snubbing me :sobbing: But I hope she can get herself high enough to be seeded for AO, so then I can see her there, not against someone like Serena on RLA in the first round :lol:

Yes.. my goal for her since Wimbledon is for her to make enough ground to be seeded for AO. Unfortunately she sucked in Seoul and Tokyo and that made things harder.. but I still have some hope she can make it..

I also hope she plays Sydney or Hobart or something.. not just Hopman Cup..

:o What crap. Well, it will just be all the more worthwhile if Ana comes out of her section :p

Yes.. we can look at it this way.. Ana has a shot to improve her record against top 10 players this year! :D:worship::cool::p

doni1212
Oct 5th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Come on! Coronation in China!!!

:lol: Cute!

bruce goose
Oct 5th, 2010, 01:53 PM
:lol: Cute!Yes,I like 'Coronation',too:).......

We have seen how Ana has BEN very careless earlier in the year...but at least she won't have to rely on a WILDCARD like some others who aren't quite elite level....Let's pray that we don't see a BATCH of mediocre play where Ana starts McFADING in clutch situations....I think we can agree that there are a HEAP of reasons why we should be optimistic...as the recent Ana has been much more BOLD-in with her level of play.Indeed,she has given us a strong RAY of championship hopes:cool:......AJDE,Ana Flacco!......errr:o...I mean,Ivanovic....Ivanovic...Just eager to see her win another title,I guess;)

jelenacg
Oct 5th, 2010, 02:30 PM
I`m glad she won ,crappy second set :o

So she is playing Bali?That`s great imo as long as she takes it seriously.
Maybe she will considering Bali has calm and relaxing atmosphere,she likes that :lol:

Btw WTA :help:
Serena,Venus,Kim,Justine don`t play.Now Sveta and Aga are out until next season.Vika retired again :tape: Masha lost again :o

spiritedenergy
Oct 5th, 2010, 03:39 PM
well done babygurl! now demens:scared:

Marilyn Monheaux
Oct 6th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Ana plays after Petrova tomorrow. I expect her to start at 11.00 am :bounce: Can't wait!

Pops Maellard
Oct 6th, 2010, 02:21 PM
I can wait. :sobbing: I don't want these two to face off.

Adrian1092
Oct 6th, 2010, 08:03 PM
Will it be televised?

gaviotabr
Oct 6th, 2010, 08:13 PM
Will it be televised?

Yes.. I think it will be on Eurosport. There will definitely be streams though.. Moon Court had streams everyday so far.

gaviotabr
Oct 6th, 2010, 08:15 PM
Full OOP for Moon Court:

Starting At: 1:00 pm
Men's Singles
David FERRER (ESP) vs Yen-Hsun LU (TPE)

Not Before 3:00 PM
Women's Singles
Nadia PETROVA (RUS) vs Anastasija SEVASTOVA (LAT)

followed by
Women's Singles
Ana IVANOVIC (SRB) vs Elena DEMENTIEVA (RUS)

Not Before 7:30 PM
Men's Singles
Ivan LJUBICIC (CRO) vs Alexandr DOLGOPOLOV (UKR)

Come on Ana!!! It's going to be tough, but if Ana is focused and serving well she has a chance. I would really like to see her turning that h2h around.

Adrian1092
Oct 6th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Great thanks Izzy :) I'll be at school all day and wont find out if she wins until I get home after 10pm :lol: I'll have to ask my mum to check tennis scores online :rolls: Ajde Ana :woohoo:

gaviotabr
Oct 6th, 2010, 08:27 PM
Great thanks Izzy :) I'll be at school all day and wont find out if she wins until I get home after 10pm :lol: I'll have to ask my mum to check tennis scores online :rolls: Ajde Ana :woohoo:

;)

I'm going to wake up early to watch it, so I really hope it's worth it. Ajde!

gaviotabr
Oct 6th, 2010, 08:35 PM
By playing Bali Ana will get 75 free points. Cool! :lol:

Mountain Ana
Oct 6th, 2010, 08:49 PM
She needs them very much. Every point is precious now :D

jelenacg
Oct 6th, 2010, 08:59 PM
By playing Bali Ana will get 75 free points. Cool! :lol:

Awesome :worship:
:lol:

cocco80
Oct 6th, 2010, 09:10 PM
What's your feeling about tomorrow, guys?

I really don't know what to expect. I just hope she doesn't get overwhelmed..

gaviotabr
Oct 6th, 2010, 09:14 PM
What's your feeling about tomorrow, guys?

I really don't know what to expect. I just hope she doesn't get overwhelmed..

I also don't know.. Ana is a box of surprises.. she might go out there and play like crap.. or go out there and play well.. anything can happen.

I'm not sure how Dementieva will play either.. :shrug:

I really want Ana to win though..

gaviotabr
Oct 6th, 2010, 09:17 PM
Awesome :worship:
:lol:

Hey Jelena! Yes.. might help her to get an AO seed! :lol:

If she wins a match, she will get 165. By getting to the final, 255. Winning would mean 375 points. But Ana winning the masters of MM tournaments would be just too ironic. :spit:

jelenacg
Oct 6th, 2010, 09:22 PM
Hey Jelena! Yes.. might help her to get an AO seed! :lol:

If she wins a match, she will get 165. By getting to the final, 255. Winning would mean 375 points. But Ana winning the masters of MM tournaments would be just too ironic. :spit:

That`s hilarious :lol:
I have no idea how she will play tomorrow either :lol:

gaviotabr
Oct 6th, 2010, 09:25 PM
That`s hilarious :lol:
I have no idea how she will play tomorrow either :lol:

I want Ana to win... :sobbing:

jelenacg
Oct 6th, 2010, 09:34 PM
I want Ana to win... :sobbing:

I know :hug:

cocco80
Oct 6th, 2010, 09:34 PM
gaviota, thanks for your answer. I feel the same. Ana is so unpredictable these days, that's why I wanted to see what's the general opinion about tomorrow. Before, I would be pretty pessimistic about her chances against Dementieva, but now I don't know. She could go out and blow her off the court... :D not gonna happen.. but I can still dream about it.

Either way, I really want her to win. It would be huge and great on so many levels.

The key thing for her is to remain calm and to believe in herself. If she can do these 2 things, she can clinch the victory.

Pops Maellard
Oct 6th, 2010, 11:06 PM
She won their last meeting I s'pose. :)

The 2nd Law
Oct 7th, 2010, 12:44 AM
She can do this. I'm almost optimistic, almost :lol:

gaviotabr
Oct 7th, 2010, 02:03 AM
She can do this. I'm almost optimistic, almost :lol:

:scared:

That's not good you know.. :unsure: Ana always seems to lose when we feel optimistic.. :sobbing:

I really want Ana to win! :sobbing:

The 2nd Law
Oct 7th, 2010, 02:42 AM
:scared:

That's not good you know.. :unsure: Ana always seems to lose when we feel optimistic.. :sobbing:

I really want Ana to win! :sobbing:

:sobbing: but that's why I said *almost*

On the bright side, a loss would definately not be a huge shock!

JamieOwen3
Oct 7th, 2010, 03:01 AM
who is ana playing tomorrow?

The 2nd Law
Oct 7th, 2010, 04:27 AM
Ana is playing Dementieva, and it's today :)

JamieOwen3
Oct 7th, 2010, 04:29 AM
oh cool, will be watching :) good luck Ana.

doni1212
Oct 7th, 2010, 10:18 AM
Yes,I like 'Coronation',too:).......

We have seen how Ana has BEN very careless earlier in the year...but at least she won't have to rely on a WILDCARD like some others who aren't quite elite level....Let's pray that we don't see a BATCH of mediocre play where Ana starts McFADING in clutch situations....I think we can agree that there are a HEAP of reasons why we should be optimistic...as the recent Ana has been much more BOLD-in with her level of play.Indeed,she has given us a strong RAY of championship hopes:cool:......AJDE,Ana Flacco!......errr:o...I mean,Ivanovic....Ivanovic...Just eager to see her win another title,I guess;)

Very creative Bruce, :lol:
I would be a little nervous if I were you because you guys BARELY won and you were playing against our 4TH STRING QB!!! Not to mention the fact that we're 3-1 (not 1-3) W/O Ben. And now he'll be coming back against the BROWNS after the bye week, ;)

gaviotabr
Oct 7th, 2010, 11:19 AM
Ajde! Back into the top 30 baby!

Good match! Ana overcame some tough tough situations.. I thought her return was crappy in the second set.. and net play was a bit off as well.. and she choked in the first set... but the fact that she held her nerve and kept fighting was just awesome. Ajde! All in all I thought this match was actually fun, with some good rallies from both players.

doni1212
Oct 7th, 2010, 11:20 AM
She won!!!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I was so impressed with her today!

Davodus
Oct 7th, 2010, 11:21 AM
What a tough win! 2 TBs...can't believe she won that. How exciting :D Bring it on Caro :armed:

Curtos07
I just want to cry right now because I am so happy. :sobbing:

Ajdeeeeee!!!!!!! :bounce::bounce::bounce: :cheer::cheer::cheer:

JamieOwen3
so happy for her :hug:

Dexter
Oct 7th, 2010, 11:22 AM
:worship:
One of the most important matches for her this year (which she won), I believe.

Cp6uja
Oct 7th, 2010, 11:25 AM
One of the most important matches for her this year (which she won), I believe.Good to see some old Ana fans is back :bounce:
It's also sign...

AbyssII
Oct 7th, 2010, 11:28 AM
One of the most important matches for her this year (which she won), I believe.

It's my opinion too. The way she plays, comes back and wins was just Awesome !!
I might not be able to watch her tomorrow :mad::mad:

Marilyn Monheaux
Oct 7th, 2010, 11:28 AM
So f*cking happy.:hysteric:

jelenacg
Oct 7th, 2010, 11:33 AM
So happy :bounce:
Back in the top 30 :worship:
What was the score in TBs ,did she serve for first set and choked ...i didn`t watch,just got home :o

gaviotabr
Oct 7th, 2010, 11:36 AM
What was the score in TBs ,did she serve for first set and choked ...i didn`t watch,just got home :o

Hey Jelena!

Ana had 5-2 in the first set. Served for it at *5-3. Had 3 SPs... hit a DF, an UE, and the other one was saved by Lena D. with a winner.

The first set tie break was 7-2 and the second set tie break was 7-4. Ana saved a SP in the second set, while serving at *4-5 30-40, with a beautiful FH winner.

Cp6uja
Oct 7th, 2010, 11:38 AM
I really hate when Ana give opportunity some of mediocre WTA tour servers to look better than Roddick and Karlovic together (at one point in 2nd set at *4-5 Dementieva lose only 3 out of 23 serves in that set, 2 of that 3 is DF's :help::help::help::help::tape:), but in 2nd set Ana served too good, so not pay full price for this "now I will be patient at return games and wait for her errors" unnecessary tactical mistake.

Ana is so nervous at *5-3 when serve for 1st set (waste couple SP's, have 3DF's) but her mental game is so impressive in both Tie-Breaks (7-2, 7-4) :worship::worship:

Only winning strategy against TOP opponents for Ana is definitely overpower or die :rocker2:

jelenacg
Oct 7th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Hey Jelena!

Ana had 5-2 in the first set. Served for it at *5-3. Had 3 SPs... hit a DF, an UE, and the other one was saved by Lena D. with a winner.

The first set tie break was 7-2 and the second set tie break was 7-4. Ana saved a SP in the second set, while serving at *4-5 30-40, with a beautiful FH winner.

Uh i guess you were expecting a mental breakdown after wasting all those SPs :lol::rolleyes:
Good she held her nerves :worship:
Another top 10 win right ? :hearts:

Dexter
Oct 7th, 2010, 11:42 AM
What was the score in TBs ,did she serve for first set and choked ...i didn`t watch,just got home :o7-2 & 7-4.
She was 4-1* 30-15 and had 3 SPs at *5-3 in the 1st set, saved 1 SP at *4-5 in the 2nd.

Tennis90
Oct 7th, 2010, 11:45 AM
I am so HAPPY!!!Words can't even describe it!
That FH was so on today...some upS and downS but I'm impressed with how she hung in there,not letting
some mistakes get to her and playing with such courage,going for her shots.
You go girl!Bring it on WozWoz ;)

The 2nd Law
Oct 7th, 2010, 11:50 AM
I only got to see the second set tiebreak, I was so impressed with the back to back aces. I just had the feeling that Ana knew she would get them :lol:

It seemed to be a pretty good quality match, can you guys confirm that?

So glad though :cheer: and I REALLY hope she plays Woz next.

Pops Maellard
Oct 7th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Ana you Goddess you. :worship:

jelenacg
Oct 7th, 2010, 11:57 AM
7-2 & 7-4.
She was 4-1* 30-15 and had 3 SPs at *5-3 in the 1st set, saved 1 SP at *4-5 in the 2nd.
Thank God she won that set :tape:

So glad though :cheer: and I REALLY hope she plays Woz next.

I really don`t :tape:
And why is everyone excited about Ana/Caro/Fer triangle :confused:
Are Caro and Fer a couple ??
I just see it as a distraction and we don`t need that :o

The 2nd Law
Oct 7th, 2010, 11:59 AM

I'd really rather she played Caro than Kvitova. Petra scares me :lol:

Nothing to do with the love triangle thingie, if there even is one.

jelenacg
Oct 7th, 2010, 12:14 PM
I'd really rather she played Caro than Kvitova. Petra scares me :lol:

I`m more scared of Caro `the wall` :lol:
She can return so many balls back ...:rolleyes:

The 2nd Law
Oct 7th, 2010, 12:16 PM
I`m more scared of Caro `the wall` :lol:
She can return so many balls back ...:rolleyes:

Think of it this way then:

If Ana plays Caro it will be the Dane's first match as the confirmed (but not official I guess) number 1 - so if Ana loses it goes down as expected. As far as number ones go however, I can think of a bunch of more intimidating opponents :lol:

cocco80
Oct 7th, 2010, 12:26 PM
I think her run ends here. All I want is that she puts a good fight tomorrow and to be calm and collected. She needs to realise that's her ticket to top.
I am very proud of her and I like what I saw today despite that mental relapse in the first. She held her nerves and managed to score another win against Elena - her archenemy.

gaviotabr
Oct 7th, 2010, 12:41 PM
I really REALLY want Ana to win her next match.. I would prefer to see her playing Kvitova, whom Ana was able to beat 3 times during the slump.. Playing Caro can be frustrating as hell.. and honestly, there is only one player I would hate more to see Ana lose to. :o If she plays Caro, I hope Ana brings it and hits all aces and winners.

Davodus
Oct 7th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Yeah, I really do NOT want her to lose to Caro...But Ana needs to be ready, she is gonna have to be patient and take her chances, but not go for a winner too early. I think she can do it, her forehand is looking strong, and she'll need to use it. The good thing is that Caro won't be able to hit the flat precision shots into Ana's backhand that give her so much trouble.

JamieOwen3
Oct 7th, 2010, 12:46 PM
well looks like it's gonna be caro, the new world number one. here's highlights of ana vs wozniacki 2008 AO ;)

http://www.vimeo.com/14704166

gaviotabr
Oct 7th, 2010, 12:47 PM

I'm not excited at all... If Ana loses to Caro of all people, I'll be pissed off for weeks.. WEEKS. Ana better be focused and ready for tomorrow.. she better win with a beat down!

gaviotabr
Oct 7th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Yeah, I really do NOT want her to lose to Caro...But Ana needs to be ready, she is gonna have to be patient and take her chances, but not go for a winner too early. I think she can do it, her forehand is looking strong, and she'll need to use it. The good thing is that Caro won't be able to hit the flat precision shots into Ana's backhand that give her so much trouble.

Yes.. First of all, Ana needs to be mentally ready, focused and up for a fight. She will have to be patient, avoid UEs, hit the forehand with conviction, serve well, and finish off points at the net.. I hope she doesn't get too excited about this win today and is already getting ready and focused for tomorrow.

I really want Ana to win tomorrow. Come on!

Davodus
Oct 7th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Yes.. First of all, Ana needs to be mentally ready, focused and up for a fight. She will have to be patient, avoid UEs, hit the forehand with conviction, serve well, and finish off points at the net.. I hope she doesn't get too excited about this win today and is already getting ready and focused for tomorrow.

I really want Ana to win tomorrow. Come on!

If we know 1 thing Ana is good at, it's getting ahead of herself :lol: But she can't, this is a big chance for her to get another big win, and I reeeeally want her to beat Woz :o

bruce goose
Oct 7th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Very creative Bruce, :lol:
I would be a little nervous if I were you because you guys BARELY won and you were playing against our 4TH STRING QB!!! Not to mention the fact that we're 3-1 (not 1-3) W/O Ben. And now he'll be coming back against the BROWNS after the bye week, ;)Actually,it's YOU who should be nervous about how your guys couldn't close it out,at home,during crunch time...and also how vulnerable your secondary is even with Polamalu back.....Perhaps they can draw inspiration from Ana's clutch win over Elena;)

Is Tomlin gonna get a chaperone to keep Ben from visiting the local women's colleges?:haha:...I just pray we never see Ben in Ana's box:eek:

Marilyn Monheaux
Oct 7th, 2010, 01:00 PM
I just want Ana to play better against Caro than she did against Kim.:lol: She's playing the World Number 1 (yuck) and she needs to move well, be very consistent & consistently aggressive and keep her nerves in check.
I hope she's ready for that, but I've got a feeling she won't.

Curtos07
Oct 7th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Just curious. Do you guys think Caro having Sven by her side will help her against Ana since Sven knows Ana so well?

Marilyn Monheaux
Oct 7th, 2010, 01:25 PM
^^Sven knew 2008 Ana well. He has no clue about Hurricane Ana.:cool:

AbyssII
Oct 7th, 2010, 01:39 PM
I'm more scared about Ana possibly Semi final opponant (Peer) than by Caro. Yeah, I know, Ana hasn't beat Caro yet, but if she does, so she will probably play Peer, her WORST opponant by far!!

spiritedenergy
Oct 7th, 2010, 01:55 PM
OMG Ana won!!!!!! What happened??? lol

Pops Maellard
Oct 7th, 2010, 01:57 PM
Ana facing Caro. :sobbing:

Please win Ana, PLEASE! :hysteric:

Cp6uja
Oct 7th, 2010, 02:04 PM
I'm more scared about Ana possibly Semi final opponant (Peer) than by Caro. Yeah, I know, Ana hasn't beat Caro yet, but if she does, so she will probably play Peer, her WORST opponant by far!!Isn't her worst opponent is Dementieva... oh wait... I mean Kleybanova or maybe Bartoli... I must to check again... :shrug:

It's all about Ana... anyone can beat her (even humiliate) when she sucks... but if she plays her's trademark powerful game and use her forehand and serve properly, it will be terrible experience for anyone, including Wozniacki and especially Peer.

Sven will probably not be there (because Ana is also Adidas player), but I really hope that this person (Caro supporter) will be in crowd:
http://s51.radikal.ru/i133/1010/1a/8bf6f38c2a52.jpg
That will guarantee me that Ana will be very aggressive on court - exactly what she needs more than anything tomorrow :devil:

InsideOut.
Oct 7th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Ana won? :eek:

OMG :sobbing: Can't believe this. Just amazing. Two tiebreaks :hysteric: Amaze :inlove:

Good luck against Caro :bounce:

InsideOut.
Oct 7th, 2010, 03:16 PM
^^Sven knew 2008 Ana well. He has no clue about Hurricane Ana.:cool:

And doesn't mean Sven would manage to coach any player to beat Ana. :cool: If Ana plays well Caro won't even get a look in. Caro is extremely consistent and that wins her most matches, but if it really comes down to Peak vs. Peak Ana wins by a mile.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Oct 7th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Oh I see I'm a bit behind. Well..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/CelebZ/mickey2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/CelebZ/mickey-mouse3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/CelebZ/mickey-mouse1.jpg

JamieOwen3
Oct 7th, 2010, 03:43 PM
kick some "number one" ass Ana!

InsideOut.
Oct 7th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Jamie when do we get highlights of Ana-Elena :hearts:

azdaja
Oct 7th, 2010, 03:54 PM
i'm having some good time in bulgaria and i wouldn't want ana to ruin the fun by sucking, but i have to check out the results every time i can. and i'm glad she actually made this day additionally nice for me :D

i honestly have no idea what's going on in the tennis world otherwise, but i just can't stop following her even if it's just looking at results :o

JamieOwen3
Oct 7th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Jamie when do we get highlights of Ana-Elena :hearts:

find me the chinese version of the broadcaster and ill make them ;) eurosport removes videos now and i don't want warnings again cuz im sick of getting suspended :lol:

InsideOut.
Oct 7th, 2010, 04:10 PM
find me the chinese version of the broadcaster and ill make them ;) eurosport removes videos now and i don't want warnings again cuz im sick of getting suspended :lol:

I'll try :awww:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Oct 7th, 2010, 04:34 PM
Caro had 3 winners and 7 UE's in her match today. AWESOME to have such a nr 1.
Just pathetic that this is possible.
Ana can lose the rest of her matches this year if she wins tomorrow with a double bagel. I SO MUCH hate Caro's style, and she even gets away with it. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/CelebZ/52_52.jpg

gaviotabr
Oct 7th, 2010, 04:36 PM
I'm more scared about Ana possibly Semi final opponant (Peer) than by Caro. Yeah, I know, Ana hasn't beat Caro yet, but if she does, so she will probably play Peer, her WORST opponant by far!!

You should take it match by match.. why be scared of Peer, if we are not sure either Ana or Peer will make the semis and play each other. Caro is the one Ana is facing tomorrow and she can be a very frustrating player to play against.. And most of all.. we never know which Ana shows up.. if she shows up playing like crap and making 50 UEs, Caro will feed from it and be solid to win. Ana needs to play very well and be on the ball to have any chance to win tomorrow. We, and Ana, should focus on that.

gaviotabr
Oct 7th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Ana can lose the rest of her matches this year if she wins tomorrow with a double bagel. I SO MUCH hate Caro's style, and she even gets away with it. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/CelebZ/52_52.jpg

I want Ana to win this match more than any other match for the past 6 months... I REALLY want her to beat Caro.

gaviotabr
Oct 7th, 2010, 04:39 PM
Just curious. Do you guys think Caro having Sven by her side will help her against Ana since Sven knows Ana so well?

First of all, Sven is not in Beijing. He is still in Tokyo.. don't ask me why though. And he wouldn't be able to do any coaching, as the adidasxadidas players rule applies. If he was there, he could be at her practice session, but not coach her to play Ana. But he is not.. so.. Caro's dad will do the coaching.

gaviotabr
Oct 7th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Ana facing Caro. :sobbing:

Please win Ana, PLEASE! :hysteric:

PLEASE!!!!

Dexter
Oct 7th, 2010, 05:02 PM
First of all, Sven is not in Beijing. He is still in Tokyo.. don't ask me why though. And he wouldn't be able to do any coaching, as the adidasxadidas players rule applies. If he was there, he could be at her practice session, but not coach her to play Ana. But he is not.. so.. Caro's dad will do the coaching.Good. All Piotr is able to come up with is: stay focused, play through the middle, add more spin. :lol:

I do want Ana to win tomorrow badly too (won't be able to watch though), but I'd want her to beat Peer even more badly. It baffles me, what is in her game that makes her such a nemesis for Ana. I guess the fact that she is able to fight on every single point which frustrates Ana.

gaviotabr
Oct 7th, 2010, 11:08 PM
I was checking Ana's stats for today's match and she had 32 UEs. Can't afford that many against Woz. Has to cut them down. Also needs to return serve better.. I mean.. Dementieva was only serving at around 60% in the second set, and still only lost about 3 points, 2 out of DFs.

I hope Ana is ready for tomorrow's match and doesn't allow herself to get carried away. It's important that she sees what she did wrong today, so she can improve for tomorrow. And Ana needs to go out there to win, like she did today.

I REALLY want her to win!

gaviotabr
Oct 7th, 2010, 11:15 PM
Good. All Piotr is able to come up with is: stay focused, play through the middle, add more spin. :lol:

I do want Ana to win tomorrow badly too (won't be able to watch though), but I'd want her to beat Peer even more badly. It baffles me, what is in her game that makes her such a nemesis for Ana. I guess the fact that she is able to fight on every single point which frustrates Ana.

I don't know.. :shrug: The last 2 times Ana just wasn't playing at a good/decent level. She couldn't return Peer's serve to save her life. :help:

Except for Peer, Ana seems to be beating all her old nemesis this year, and getting owned by previous punch bags. :o Another reason I can only think about the match against Woz tomorrow.. Ana used to eat pushers for breakfest, but this year those are the players she has been struggling the most against. If Ana has the slightest slip of concentration and starts to make stupid UEs, Caro will definitely capitalize. Ana needs to be ready, walk on court to win and be on the ball to have a chance to win.

jelenacg
Oct 8th, 2010, 12:09 AM
I don't know.. :shrug: The last 2 times Ana just wasn't playing at a good/decent level. She couldn't return Peer's serve to save her life. :help:

Except for Peer, Ana seems to be beating all her old nemesis this year, and getting owned by previous punch bags. :o Another reason I can only think about the match against Woz tomorrow.. Ana used to eat pushers for breakfest, but this year those are the players she has been struggling the most against. If Ana has the slightest slip of concentration and starts to make stupid UEs, Caro will definitely capitalize. Ana needs to be ready, walk on court to win and be on the ball to have a chance to win.

Sure when she was in great form ...
Ana is slowly starting to play better but you can`t compare this with 2008 Ana .When you have attacking player in great form he/she will always beat the pusher
Caro is in great form and Ana isn`t so whatever happens tomorrow i`m ok with it

Pops Maellard
Oct 8th, 2010, 12:21 AM
A loss to Caro who just runs around retrieving waiting for errors all day will annoy me even more than most. :mad:

My days of Caro hate are mostly over but I still hate it when my faves have to play her (unless they win).

gaviotabr
Oct 8th, 2010, 12:24 AM
Sure when she was in great form ...
Ana is slowly starting to play better but you can`t compare this with 2008 Ana .When you have attacking player in great form he/she will always beat the pusher
Caro is in great form and Ana isn`t so whatever happens tomorrow i`m ok with it

I agree with you, except in the last sentence. I would still be pissed and in a bad mood for a week. :o

My point with the post was to notice how Ana is mostly having trouble with players who did not offer her trouble before the slump and beating the ones that used to own her in top form. It's a curious thing.

But yeah.. Ana is still far away from top form.. and she is completely unpredictable.. fire and desire make a world of difference for her now.. She walked on court against Dementieva to win the match.. she was totally fired up and fighting hard. If she is short on that tomorrow, she might very well show up making tons of UEs. And we know that's just recipe for disaster. The most important thing is for her to walk on court focused and fired up, walk on court to win.

I just really want her to win tomorrow.

gaviotabr
Oct 8th, 2010, 12:25 AM
A loss to Caro who just runs around retrieving waiting for errors all day will annoy me even more than most. :mad:

My days of Caro hate are mostly over but I still hate it when my faves have to play her (unless they win).

This.

I feel just like you Aaron.

jelenacg
Oct 8th, 2010, 12:35 AM
I agree with you, except in the last sentence. I would still be pissed and in a bad mood for a week. :o

:spit: sorry

I never understood tbh why she couldn`t beat Elena before.It`s not like Elena plays some `hard to read` tennis :shrug: Her game is very predictable imo .It`s all about doing your homework and learning/understanding how your opponent plays and knowing what to expect in some situations :shrug:

Same goes with Peer ,maybe she just doesn`t like them :lol: I don`t know :lol:

gaviotabr
Oct 8th, 2010, 12:51 AM
This is what Ana had to say about the match, according to the WTA site:

Awaiting Wozniacki in the quarters will be Ana Ivanovic, who outdid No.7 seed Elena Dementieva in a pair of tie-breaks, 76(2) 76(4). Ivanovic almost let go of a 5-2 lead in the first set but regrouped, then saved set point at 4-5 second set.

"For the effort, 10 out of 10. I really gave my all," Ivanovic said. "We had a lot of long points and long rallies, and I'm very proud I managed to stay with her and win lots of those. I haven't played a match like that for a long time."

When asked if she thought she could become No.1 in the world again, Ivanovic was adamant. "I definitely do," she said. "That's my goal, not only to become No.1 again, but I think I can win Slams. That's what I'm aiming for. I'm still so young, I'm not even 23 yet, so I still have many years in front of me."

Ivanovic leads Wozniacki in their head-to-head, 2-0, although both of those meetings came in 2008 - Ivanovic was ranked in the Top 3 in both of those meetings, while Wozniacki wasn't even in the Top 30 at the time.

"I did defeat her the last couple of matches we played," Ivanovic said. "I know I have to play aggressively. I definitely have a strategy in mind I'm going to try to do tomorrow. Serving and returning is going to play a big part, as well."

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/news/20101007/world-no1-wozniacki_2256076_2177777

I hope when she said she gave her all against Lena D., it doesn't mean she won't have anything to give tomorrow. :o I also hope she doesn't let herself get carried away.. giving 10 to herself isn't good IMHO.. you always have to want to improve and do better... and Ana can definitely do better. Especially in the return of serve, which was very much off. :o

It's good that she still have high goals I guess.. though she should take it step by step and not aim too high.. aiming too high and thinking too much ahead is recipe for disappointment and subsequent failure.

And I do hope she has the right game plan for tomorrow and is able to execute it well. She definitely needs to serve very well, since Caro is a good returner and very oportunistic. And return well, put pressure on Caro's serve all the time. Ana needs to avoid the BH-BH rallies and hit to Caro's weaker forehand. And finish points off at the net.. throw some variety in.. bring Caro to the net, since she has no idea of what to do there. There is one player who always has the perfect game plan to play Caro.. MJMS! Drop shots and net rushing. Caro is a great mover from side to side, but she is not so good moving foward.. and if the drop shot is good enough, she has no idea of what to do with it, even if she reaches it. It's actually funny to watch as Caro always slooks clueless. :spit: A bit of what Zvonareva did at the USO semis as well.

But again.. Ana can have the right game plan, but she needs to be into the match and totally focused to be able to execute it. Be ready and fired up Ana! Come on!

gaviotabr
Oct 8th, 2010, 12:56 AM
:spit: sorry

I never understood tbh why she couldn`t beat Elena before.It`s not like Elena plays some `hard to read` tennis :shrug: Her game is very predictable imo .It`s all about doing your homework and learning/understanding how your opponent plays and knowing what to expect in some situations :shrug:

Same goes with Peer ,maybe she just doesn`t like them :lol: I don`t know :lol:

Go figure.. Ana is actually hard to understand.. :spit:

Sam Smith said something the other day while commentating on an Ana match and Davenport had said it as well.. Ana is a great ballstriker, but sometimes it looks like she doesn't really understands the game. She just plays her game, but she doesn't really know what's going on on the court. That she needs to learn the game, learn how to read it, understand what happens on court, and learn how to use it in her advantage. Maybe that explains her struggling against those players. :shrug:

jelenacg
Oct 8th, 2010, 01:06 AM
Go figure.. Ana is actually hard to understand.. :spit:

Sam Smith said something the other day while commentating on an Ana match and Davenport had said it as well.. Ana is a great ballstriker, but sometimes it looks like she doesn't really understands the game. She just plays her game, but she doesn't really know what's going on on the court. That she needs to learn the game, learn how to read it, understand what happens on court, and learn how to use it in her advantage. Maybe that explains her struggling against those players. :shrug:

Does this mean she is finally learning how to read it :lol: I mean she did beat Elena twice this year :lol:

Ana`s return is awful. :o She really needs to improve that.It`s better than it was last year at this time or at the beginning of the year that`s for sure but she really needs to work on it a lot

gaviotabr
Oct 8th, 2010, 01:12 AM
Does this mean she is finally learning how to read it :lol: I mean she did beat Elena twice this year :lol:

Ana`s return is awful. :o She really needs to improve that.It`s better than it was last year at this time or at the beginning of the year that`s for sure but she really needs to work on it a lot

Yes.. the return was helpless today from 5-2 up until the end of the match. Could barely win points on Dementieva's serve, and there were plenty of weak second serves to have a good look on. It can go on and off lately, but Ana definitely needs to work a lot on her returns.. And I hope she returns much better tomorrow. Needs to put pressure on Woz's serve.

I actually hope Heinz has a good plan in mind for the off season, so they can work hard on sharpening all her strokes.. she needs work on all of them.

jelenacg
Oct 8th, 2010, 01:18 AM
Yes.. the return was helpless today from 5-2 up until the end of the match. Could barely win points on Dementieva's serve, and there were plenty of weak second serves to have a good look on. It can go on and off lately, but Ana definitely needs to work a lot on her returns.. And I hope she returns much better tomorrow. Needs to put pressure on Woz's serve.

I actually hope Heinz has a good plan in mind for the off season, so they can work hard on sharpening all her strokes.. she needs work on all of them.

Like always all our hopes lie on Heinz :lol:
And ofc i`m also hopping for that... finally a good off season preparation :speakles:

gaviotabr
Oct 8th, 2010, 01:29 AM
Like always all our hopes lie on Heinz :lol:
And ofc i`m also hopping for that... finally a good off season preparation :speakles:

Yes.. finally a good off season.. finally an off season without 5 hours each day, 4 days a week, each week walking around a golf course carrying a heavy purse on her working shoulder... without attending soccer matches and travelling a whole country following someone around... Hopefully some focus, dedication, fire, desire, and a good working plan. Hopefully some good tennis and good results coming. :)

jelenacg
Oct 8th, 2010, 01:42 AM
Yes.. finally a good off season.. finally an off season without 5 hours each day, 4 days a week, each week walking around a golf course carrying a heavy purse on her working shoulder... without attending soccer matches and travelling a whole country following someone around...
Don`t remind me :o

Hopefully some focus, dedication, fire, desire, and a good working plan. Hopefully some good tennis and good results coming. :)

I like that :hearts:
I`m going to bed now :zzz: ,nite Izzy

hellas719
Oct 8th, 2010, 02:40 AM
Great job Ana! :yeah:

spiritedenergy
Oct 8th, 2010, 03:29 AM
i saw some highlights on youtube and i noticed after her win Ana kept looking for Heinz to meet his look... she was thrilled you could see... I think Ana is trusting Heinz A LOT now, that's what she really needed, someone calm and strong, like a father... Still I hope she doesn't become to attached to him, she should try and be able to be independent as much as she can because no coach lasts forever... (well most of them lol)

doni1212
Oct 8th, 2010, 04:54 AM
Actually,it's YOU who should be nervous about how your guys couldn't close it out,at home,during crunch time...and also how vulnerable your secondary is even with Polamalu back.....Perhaps they can draw inspiration from Ana's clutch win over Elena;)

Is Tomlin gonna get a chaperone to keep Ben from visiting the local women's colleges?:haha:...I just pray we never see Ben in Ana's box:eek:

Surrrrreeee, keep telling yourself that! And funny jab at Ben even though I could care less about what you have to say about him, :p I don't like him off the field but he damn sure better bring it on the field! :armed:

We'll see how it goes this weekend...hopefully you guys will lose to Denver, Cincy to Tampa and Cleveland to Atlanta :) What a great bye week that would be!

:o :o :o
Just disgusting!

I want Ana to win this match more than any other match for the past 6 months... I REALLY want her to beat Caro.

Ditto! Well, except for maybe that Jankovic match on clay. Or was that more than 6 months ago? :scratch: :lol:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Oct 8th, 2010, 05:30 AM
In the 2nd set there were no breaks at all. Odd to see Lena could hold so easily. Ana really needs to return good today. She surely will get her chances. Caro's serve is as good as many outside the top 100. Got broken 3 times against Errani van Kvitova and both of them wasted more chances. If Ana can serve and return well then this wall isn't so dangerous as it is on 'paper'.

The 2nd Law
Oct 8th, 2010, 05:47 AM
I'm feeling optimistic again. Come on Ana!

Pops Maellard
Oct 8th, 2010, 07:38 AM
I'm also feeling optimistic. :D

Caro's now #1 but it's not like she has a high intimidation factor. Ana will certainly have her chances.

I can't believe it hasn't started yet actually. :lol: I go out to dinner for a couple of hours, come back and Li VS Sevastova's only just started. :spit:

Curtos07
Oct 8th, 2010, 08:02 AM
I'm not as optimistic as you guys. Partly because you guys are all optimistic and Ana always lose when her fans are optimistic. :lol:

Davodus
Oct 8th, 2010, 08:18 AM
I'm not at all optimistic, I'm quite sure she will lose :lol: Happy to be wrong though ;)

InsideOut.
Oct 8th, 2010, 08:28 AM
This is what Ana had to say about the match, according to the WTA site:

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/news/20101007/world-no1-wozniacki_2256076_2177777

I hope when she said she gave her all against Lena D., it doesn't mean she won't have anything to give tomorrow. :o I also hope she doesn't let herself get carried away.. giving 10 to herself isn't good IMHO.. you always have to want to improve and do better... and Ana can definitely do better. Especially in the return of serve, which was very much off. :o

It's good that she still have high goals I guess.. though she should take it step by step and not aim too high.. aiming too high and thinking too much ahead is recipe for disappointment and subsequent failure.

And I do hope she has the right game plan for tomorrow and is able to execute it well. She definitely needs to serve very well, since Caro is a good returner and very oportunistic. And return well, put pressure on Caro's serve all the time. Ana needs to avoid the BH-BH rallies and hit to Caro's weaker forehand. And finish points off at the net.. throw some variety in.. bring Caro to the net, since she has no idea of what to do there. There is one player who always has the perfect game plan to play Caro.. MJMS! Drop shots and net rushing. Caro is a great mover from side to side, but she is not so good moving foward.. and if the drop shot is good enough, she has no idea of what to do with it, even if she reaches it. It's actually funny to watch as Caro always slooks clueless. :spit: A bit of what Zvonareva did at the USO semis as well.

But again.. Ana can have the right game plan, but she needs to be into the match and totally focused to be able to execute it. Be ready and fired up Ana! Come on!

That's a possibility. Another one is the one A. Bondarenko used against her at Madrid. Drawing her out wide on the forehand and then bashing the ball into her backhand, finish at net.

doni1212
Oct 8th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Ugh! Listening to this girl makes me want to barf!

COME ON ANA!!!

gaviotabr
Oct 8th, 2010, 08:47 AM
That's a possibility. Another one is the one A. Bondarenko used against her at Madrid. Drawing her out wide on the forehand and then bashing the ball into her backhand, finish at net.

Yes.. that's good strategy as well.. it's important to finish it at the net.

gaviotabr
Oct 8th, 2010, 08:48 AM
Come on Ana! Focus, fight, you can do it!

Pops Maellard
Oct 8th, 2010, 08:53 AM
About to start...:unsure:

Pops Maellard
Oct 8th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Er...well Ana was good at times, but for every amazing winner there was also an error (as shown by the 40-odd winners and 40-odd errors).

She was also clutch in saving the first set points in set 1. That one game was vintage Ana.

Her serve needs urgent work. Her percentage is miles too low, and there's way too many doubles. I think her serve is her main problem. When she gets it in, she won 74% of the points, but she didn't get it in enough!

Marilyn Monheaux
Oct 8th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Ana is just too nice. She should have brought the bitch please when Wozniacki continued to play, but she probably got Cincy flash backs and/or thought she'd won this.:rolleyes: Lesson learned: Wozniacki doesn't quit unless she's 7-5, 5-0 up. :o

Whatever. Ana played a good tournament, beat some quality opponents and showed flashes of former greatness. I almost forgot how freaking talented this girl is!!! :hearts::worship:

Back in the Top 30?:bounce:

What's her next tournament? Luxemburg then Bali?

gaviotabr
Oct 8th, 2010, 11:04 AM
That was SUCH a stupid match from Ana. Those last 2 FHs returns of 2nd serves she missed in the last game just show it. I mean... second serve.. your opponent is not playing as well as before.. just make her play!

Ana actually started out with a good game plan, trying to finish points at the net.. but then, at the tale end of the first set, she just forgot about the tactics and played like a brainless ballbasher. She was just trying to hit everything as hard as possible, and missing most of the time.

The serve was also so iffy today.. 9 DFs and only 49% of first serves in. Even if she managed some aces, that's poor serving all around. Return was even worse.. but Ana has not been a good returner for ages now, so it was sort of expected. She gave away SO many points in missed returns. In the first set it was even more evident.. she had so many deuces in Woz's serve, and each and everytime she would net a return out of a pretty tame serve. And then, why was she hitting so many balls to Woz's BH? Should always hit to her FH! :o

All in all... it was just stupid play. Exemplifies what Sam Smith and Davenport have said about Ana.. she doesn't understands the game or what she has to do at a given moment. She was striking the ball well.. but couldn't see that the answer to Woz being a wall is not to hit harder, it's to move her around until you can finish it at the net. Instead, Ana just started to ball bash and miss, which is exactly what feeds Woz's game.

Having said all that, Wozniacki played one of the best matches I've seen from her in a long time.. she was actually aggressive. She is definitely playing at peak form now, which is far away from where Ana is. Ana still has SO much work to do.. just so much.

gaviotabr
Oct 8th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Ana is just too nice. She should have brought the bitch please when Wozniacki continued to play, but she probably got Cincy flash backs and/or thought she'd won this.:rolleyes: Lesson learned: Wozniacki doesn't quit unless she's 7-5, 5-0 up. :o

Whatever. Ana played a good tournament, beat some quality opponents and showed flashes of former greatness. I almost forgot how freaking talented this girl is!!! :hearts::worship:

Back in the Top 30?:bounce:

What's her next tournament? Luxemburg then Bali?

Yes.. Luxembourg and then Bali. Still needs points to get a seed for AO.

gaviotabr
Oct 8th, 2010, 11:09 AM
When she was going out, Ana looked pissed.. she should be very much pissed off.. I hope she really is. You just can't afford to play such a stupid match. It was really so brainless.

Davodus
Oct 8th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Well, Ana had bad tactics always going into Caro's backhand. But the drama for her 'injury' was ridiculous. She got up and moved just as fine as normal, yet she was on the ground crying. I was actually really pissed off about that :o

The 2nd Law
Oct 8th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Ana's loss today was, and was always going to be, a function of or even a consequence of her inconsistency. The same inconsistency we see from tournament to tournament and match to match. Inconsistency just doesn't cut it against Wozniacki.

I'll admit, yes, I was naively optimistic about her chances to win, because I like everyone here know that Ana at her best is a better player - but that's no reason to dwell too heavily on tonight's loss. People need to look past the Wozniacki complex, she is now the world number 1 and whether you like her game or not she has become an extremely tough opponent for all players.

I'll be more disappointed if we get the standard absent performance in Luxembourg which nearly almost always follows a good tourney. Ana knows performances like today won't cut it if she wants to make the big time again, you could clearly see her frustration with herself at the end of the match. Rome wasn't built in a day however, but I think she has been on the right track since July.

Izzy's goal of cementing an AO seeding is still very realistic thanks to this Beijing performance, keep going Ana :yeah:

Pops Maellard
Oct 8th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Well, Ana had bad tactics always going into Caro's backhand. But the drama for her 'injury' was ridiculous. She got up and moved just as fine as normal, yet she was on the ground crying. I was actually really pissed off about that :o

Yeah, that's not the first time she's pulled a stunt like that. Maddening but Ana probably let it get to her.

Nikkiri
Oct 8th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Grrr how annoying.

HowardH
Oct 8th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Was it really so bad? I only saw the last few points, the missed returning etc on big points was pretty bad, she didn't seem to be exploiting Woz's fh properly, but until the tb the stats from the first set seemed acceptable. I wonder what happened in the tiebreak :confused:. Did she miss all her first serves or something?

In a way it was unfortunate Caro hurt her knee or something (didn't see what happened, but saw the strapping in the last game), because Ana just isn't a smart enough player to be able to take advantage of an injured player, and it's kind of painful to be reminded of that. Oh, looking at what people are saying there seems to be some controversy over the injury. Hmm.

But the scoreline doesn't really seem so bad. Perhaps I would feel differently if I had watched the whole match. It seems Ana had chances.

I'm still waiting to see what happens in the slams next year. This little mini run of form has me curious to see what she can produce in the AO, but then she might have a brilliant lead up and end up bombing out...

Pops Maellard
Oct 8th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Was it really so bad? I only saw the last few points, the missed returning etc on big points was pretty bad, she didn't seem to be exploiting Woz's fh properly, but until the tb the stats from the first set seemed acceptable. I wonder what happened in the tiebreak :confused:. Did she miss all her first serves or something?

In a way it was unfortunate Caro hurt her knee or something (didn't see what happened, but saw the strapping in the last game), because Ana just isn't a smart enough player to be able to take advantage of an injured player, and it's kind of painful to be reminded of that. Oh, looking at what people are saying there seems to be some controversy over the injury. Hmm.

But the scoreline doesn't really seem so bad. Perhaps I would feel differently if I had watched the whole match. It seems Ana had chances.

I'm still waiting to see what happens in the slams next year. This little mini run of form has me curious to see what she can produce in the AO, but then she might have a brilliant lead up and end up bombing out...

Her first serve did abandon her in the TB (and she hit one DF I think) but Woz actually hit a few winners (even one FH winner :spit:). Ana was mostly outplayed in the TB rather than bad herself.

HowardH
Oct 8th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Her first serve did abandon her in the TB (and she hit one DF I think) but Woz actually hit a few winners (even one FH winner :spit:). Ana was mostly outplayed in the TB rather than bad herself.

Interesting. However, that kind of sounds like Ana tightened and allowed Caro to take the initiative. Caro isn't the kind of player who can usually take control of points unless the opponent tightens up or backs off (or makes bad decisions). I might have a look later if it is put up on the uusee site.

gaviotabr
Oct 8th, 2010, 11:37 AM

The first set wasn't so bad.. Ana was looking to be aggressive and end points at the net. But then, she would often get to multiple deuces at Woz's serve, and then hit a return of a second serve at the net. There were about 10 of those.. one just like the other. She could have broken Woz's in the first set.. but she would just gift her points at the important moments. The last couple of returns missed didn't just happen at that game, it happened every single time she had a good chance.

Woz played very well in the tie break.. And Ana just missed.. and missed.. and missed some more. Only one first serve in, the point she won. Then in the first game of the second set, Ana had 40-15, and 5 GPs in total, and missed them all with UEs. Woz had a BP and Ana hit an easy swinging volley to the crowd.. it was THAT out.

It wasn't like she was playing like crap.. she was just playing dumb. It was just really stupid play.. she was striking the ball well, but to the wrong places, chosing the wrong shots, wrong tactics. Hitting so many balls to Woz's BH has to be one of the stupidiest plays.

I think Caro got more scared then anything.. the trainer said she didn't think it was anything. And she was moving fine.. though Ana was barely making her run, she was just stupid and playing like a brainless ballbasher at that point. :o

What makes it so frustrating is that Ana had her chances.. she just couldn't take them... Would always gift a point when she needed to raise her game. She looked pissed off at the end and she should.

As for AO.. I would expect much honestly. Ana has to grow a brain.

gaviotabr
Oct 8th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Ana's loss today was, and was always going to be, a function of or even a consequence of her inconsistency. The same inconsistency we see from tournament to tournament and match to match. Inconsistency just doesn't cut it against Wozniacki.

I'll admit, yes, I was naively optimistic about her chances to win, because I like everyone here know that Ana at her best is a better player - but that's no reason to dwell too heavily on tonight's loss. People need to look past the Wozniacki complex, she is now the world number 1 and whether you like her game or not she has become an extremely tough opponent for all players.

I'll be more disappointed if we get the standard absent performance in Luxembourg which nearly almost always follows a good tourney. Ana knows performances like today won't cut it if she wants to make the big time again, you could clearly see her frustration with herself at the end of the match. Rome wasn't built in a day however, but I think she has been on the right track since July.

Izzy's goal of cementing an AO seeding is still very realistic thanks to this Beijing performance, keep going Ana :yeah:

I'll be pissed if Ana tanks Luxembourg just because it's a MM. :o And you are right.. it's Ana's inconsistencies that are killing her.

Pops Maellard
Oct 8th, 2010, 11:41 AM
I had made a thread about Caro's injury gamesmanship but deleted it. :o Probably best I don't say anything. I don't want to slide down the hater path again. :p

HowardH
Oct 8th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Then in the first game of the second set, Ana had 40-15, and 5 GPs in total, and missed them all with UEs. Woz had a BP and Ana hit an easy swinging volley to the crowd.. it was THAT out.

What do you mean by "to the crowd" Izzy? Towards the crowd? A mishit I suppose. Surely not into the crowd. It's quite a big stadium and there's quite a lot of room around the court. If it actually went into the crowd I'm sorry for reminding people of it, but I'm actually finding it hard to imagine that...

jelenacg
Oct 8th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Expected :shrug:
Good tournament overall ...won 3 matches ,beat Bartoli and Elena
Now she has 10 days until Luxembourg,hopefully she can regroup ,refocus practice more and try to make a good run there. Ajde!!
I thought Bali is a week after Luxembourg but no it`s after Doha.
Where is YEC going to be played after Doha,i can`t remember. :o Is this a last year in Doha

Btw Serena playing Linz :spit::lol:

gaviotabr
Oct 8th, 2010, 11:51 AM
What do you mean by "to the crowd" Izzy? Towards the crowd? A mishit I suppose. Surely not into the crowd. It's quite a big stadium and there's quite a lot of room around the court. If it actually went into the crowd I'm sorry for reminding people of it, but I'm actually finding it hard to imagine that...

It's just a way of saying it went out by a mile. It was not a mishit.. Ana just hit it too hard it landed close to the back wall. She overhit a lot during the match.

gaviotabr
Oct 8th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Expected :shrug:
Good tournament overall ...won 3 matches ,beat Bartoli and Elena
Now she has 10 days until Luxembourg,hopefully she can regroup ,refocus practice more and try to make a good run there. Ajde!!
I thought Bali is a week after Luxembourg but no it`s after Doha.
Where is YEC going to be played after Doha,i can`t remember. :o Is this a last year in Doha

Btw Serena playing Linz :spit::lol:

Next year YEC will be played in Istanbul.

Serena wants her ranking back.. :lol: But if Caro wins Beijing, which is likely, she will almost surely lock the year end number 1, since Serena has YEC champion points to defend.

As for Luxembourg.. Ana better play well there. I will be pissed if she tanks it just because it's a MM. :o

jelenacg
Oct 8th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Next year YEC will be playing in Istanbul.

Serena wants her ranking back.. :lol: But if Caro wins Beijing, which is likely, she will almost surely lock the year end number 1, since Serena has YEC champion points to defend.
So in Turkey,nice :)
It`s so funny Serena playing Linz :lol::lol:

As for Luxembourg.. Ana better play well there. I will be pissed if she tanks it just because it's a MM. :o

Me too,hopefully she won`t .She has enough days to regroup and focus on next tournament

Pops Maellard
I can understand why Ana wouldn't feel particularly thrilled at MM tournaments (not that I think this is good).

She's experienced finals and titles at some of the biggest events so maybe she feels MMs are not as important. :o

InsideOut.
:sobbing: Left at 4-4 thinking she had a decent chance to win. Oh well :shrug: Good tournament regardless. First loss to Wozniacki :sobbing:

gaviotabr
Oct 8th, 2010, 12:10 PM
:sobbing: Left at 4-4 thinking she had a decent chance to win. Oh well :shrug: Good tournament regardless. First loss to Wozniacki :sobbing:

:sobbing: She had SO many chances at that 4-4 game. I think it went to 6 deuces. No BPs though.. everytime Ana got it to deuce she would net a return. :o

cocco80
Oct 8th, 2010, 12:19 PM
By reading Gaviota's match analysis I got the impression Ana got nervous to the point she forgot all about the tactics and just started hitting the ball as hard as she could, praying it would go in. That's not a smart play - to put it mildly. As I said, I hope she realizes she has only one person to blame for losses like this one. Herself.

Sometimes she acts like a impatient child. Same with the handshake. Was that really necessary? Makes her look like a sore loser.

Still, I think she has made some improvement, mentally and game-wise, in the last couple of months. I just wish she doesn't leave it at that. This should be considered a good start, nothing more.

HowardH
Oct 8th, 2010, 12:21 PM
I can understand why Ana wouldn't feel particularly thrilled at MM tournaments (not that I think this is good).

She's experienced finals and titles at some of the biggest events so maybe she feels MMs are not as important. :o

I don't think that's what it is for Ana. That's what it is for Serena, who has won everything. MMs are not important so she doesn't try as hard in them. Or usually doesn't enter them at all. But for Ana, maybe it's more because in MMs there's expectation and media attention on her, whereas in big tournaments the media have other players to focus on, she can fly under the radar a bit more, and if she plays a top player the expectation is off her. Or something like that. It's puzzling to figure it out exactly, but she definitely has some kind of mental difficulty when it comes to performing in MMs.

gaviotabr
Oct 8th, 2010, 12:24 PM
By reading Gaviota's match analysis I got the impression Ana got nervous to the point she forgot all about the tactics and just started hitting the ball as hard as she could, praying it would go in. That's not a smart play - to put it mildly. As I said, I hope she realizes she has only one person to blame for losses like this one. Herself.

Sometimes she acts like a impatient child. Same with the handshake. Was that really necessary? Makes her look like a sore loser.

Still, I think she has made some improvement, mentally and game-wise, in the last couple of months. I just wish she doesn't leave it at that. This should be considered a good start, nothing more.

Yes.. the handshake was really cold.. but I think Ana was just pissed off at herself. She played as stupid as you can play. It was really brainless stuff.

And I agree with you.. all this.. good play here and there followed by crappy play or completely stupid matches like this one can't be considered anything but a start.. it's up to her if she can keep progressing, or if this will be her standard play. This play is enough for her to be top 30, but no better.

gaviotabr
Oct 8th, 2010, 12:26 PM
By the way.. Woz's dad said he is not sure she will be able to play the semis, but that she really wanted to win this particular match. :o No wonder.. :o

cocco80
Oct 8th, 2010, 12:34 PM
By the way.. Woz's dad said he is not sure she will be able to play the semis, but that she really wanted to win this particular match. :o No wonder.. :o

:o

Reminds me of one particular native Indian's custom - it's called taking a scalp. :o It's more of a symbolic ritual than anything else.

Oh, I found one interesting picture. http://thedoublebagel.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/fernandoverdascocamillabelle_032009_ps12.jpg

I guess Caro befriended Verdasco right after him and Ana split. :p
I can understand it can be awkward situation to be in.

jelenacg
Oct 8th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Meh he is not fooling anyone we know she will play :lol: Didn`t he hear Serena is playing Linz :lol:
Anyway we have to remember with Ana everything is a slow process .Even when she was upcoming young player she spent 1 year and half around top 20 until she finally had her breakthrough in Berlin

And Fer has a girlfriend some model,it`s not Caro

InsideOut.
Oct 8th, 2010, 12:43 PM
It's OK Ana :hug: Rest up for Luxembourg and do well there :inlove: She's getting better slowly. Her forehand in the first eight games I saw was :hearts:

InsideOut.
Oct 8th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Unless I'm much mistaken, till the end of the year the players a few places ahead of Ana all have points to defend...I didn't find out if the results they have to defend are in their Best 16 though.

26. Alisa Kleybanova.............200 (Moscow SF)
27. Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez..310 (Moscow R16, Bali SF)
28. Alexandra Dulgheru...........30 (Linz R16)
29. Ana Ivanovic................. 0

So unless they produce some good tennis (MJMS certainly doesn't look like doing that at the moment, and Jie is out for the rest of the season), Ana has a good chance of an even higher ranking at year end even if she doesn't play :)

bruce goose
Oct 8th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Surrrrreeee, keep telling yourself that! And funny jab at Ben even though I could care less about what you have to say about him, :p I don't like him off the field but he damn sure better bring it on the field! :armed:

We'll see how it goes this weekend...hopefully you guys will lose to Denver, Cincy to Tampa and Cleveland to Atlanta :) What a great bye week that would be!Well,we marched down the field and beat you on your home turf in the last 2 minutes...that's called making a statement...as I'm sure you already knew:devil:.When you need to start cheering for other teams to do what you couldn't;that's a telltale sign that you're at wild-card level;).

Couldn't get up in the wee hours of the morning to watch Ana's match,and I figured that Ana had to have top-level focus to beat Caro.There's really no shame in losing to her,IMO,unless you choke away legit opportunities to win.I understand why folks don't like Caro's more passive game...and that's the same reason why I can't get into sh--tty men's soccer...which is often MUCH worse:When one team is less talented,they sit back in a defensive shell and don't even TRY to win...instead only playing for a draw:rolleyes:.In round-robin play,sometimes NEITHER team tries to win at all.It's bizarre and convoluted logic that fans would tolerate THAT while going into conniptions over Caro...who at least attacks SOMEtimes....

Anyway,Doni,I really believe this off-season is gonna be a good launching pad for Ana...that she and Heinz and Marija will use that time to plan a great strategy for next year.It'll be like a fresh start that'll invigorate Ana:cool:,I think....even more than she has with her current,improved motivation

EDIT:Unlike some others,I don't see anything remotely logical in the assertion that Ana will NEVER be consistent enough if she doesn't do so by year's end....That's a flat-out STUPID opinion.It was also suggested in this forum that Ana would be too psychologically damaged to ever be a decent player again if she didn't make progress at the end of 2009...and that prediction was WAYYYYY off.While it's true that Ana still badly needs much more consistency,it's absurd to act as if her progress were worthless when you compare her current state to how abysmal she was before.If I'm not mistaken,Weepy Federer didn't even win his first Slam until he was 23...OLDER than Ana is now...and he was lucky to benefit from the fact that so many aces(Sampras,Agassi,etc.)either retired or got old...while Rafa was clay-only early in his career........So,maturity doesn't have such a rigid deadline;Ana is certainly capable of taking her game to another level...we're actually fortunate that she's accomplished what she has when you compare her coddling,candy-ass parents to Serena's.Being around Heinz and Marija a lot will help Ana get to where she must go in terms of maturity

gaviotabr
Oct 8th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Unless I'm much mistaken, till the end of the year the players a few places ahead of Ana all have points to defend...I didn't find out if the results they have to defend are in their Best 16 though.

26. Alisa Kleybanova.............200 (Moscow SF)
27. Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez..310 (Moscow R16, Bali SF)
28. Alexandra Dulgheru...........30 (Linz R16)
29. Ana Ivanovic................. 0

So unless they produce some good tennis (MJMS certainly doesn't look like doing that at the moment, and Jie is out for the rest of the season), Ana has a good chance of an even higher ranking at year end even if she doesn't play :)

I actually think that except MJMS, who is bound to lose points since she won't play Bali, all the others might even add. Dulgheru will be second seed in Linz, so you can imagine the field.. She might as well make a QF or SF, and add to her ranking. Kleybs might not be able to replicate the SF in Moscow, but she might play Bali and gain points there. Also.. people behind Ana aren't that much behind.. they can also increase their points and get past her. So Ana should actually try to get some wins and points in Lux and Bali. Especially having in mind the AO seedings and the fact she will lose 130 points in the first week of 2011.

I think now that there are only 2 tournaments left, Ana should try her best, really give a big last push, so that she can end the year on a high note and get into the off season feeling positive. This off season will be really important.

Davodus
Oct 8th, 2010, 04:41 PM
I think I read Dulgheru pulled out of Linz, not 100% sure though, can't be bothered to check the Linz forum now :p

InsideOut.
Oct 8th, 2010, 04:52 PM
Yes Dulgheru is out of Linz. :eek:

gaviotabr
Oct 8th, 2010, 05:04 PM
I think I read Dulgheru pulled out of Linz, not 100% sure though, can't be bothered to check the Linz forum now :p

Yes Dulgheru is out of Linz. :eek:

Is she another.. "out for the year" player? WTA will end up as those scary movies that end out of lack of actors.. all dead. :spit:

Dulgheru is not on any other tournament entry list, so Ana might actually get ahead of her.

gaviotabr
Oct 8th, 2010, 05:07 PM
This is Luxembourg's entry list. Ana will be 4th seed, as she has gotten past Hantuchova come next weeks rankings.

1 WC Elena DEMENTIEVA RUS 10
2 Aravane REZAI FRA 18
3 Yanina WICKMAYER BEL 21
4 Daniela HANTUCHOVA SVK 30
5 Ana IVANOVIC SRB 37
6 Agnes SZAVAY HUN 38
7 Juila GOERGES GER 41
8 Polona HERCOG SLO 43
9 Patty SCHNYDER SUI 44
10 Timea BACSINSKY SUI 45
11 Sofia ARVIDSSON SWE 48
12 Barbora ZAHLAVOVA STRYCOVA CZE 51
13 Shuai PENG CHN 52
14 Anabel MEDINA GARRIGUES ESP 53
15 Anastasija SEVASTOVA LAT 54
16 Jarmila GROTH AUS 55
17 Anne KEOTHAVONG GBR 55 SR
18 Angelique KERBER GER 56
19 Iveta BENESOVA CZE 57
20 Arantxa PARRA SANTONJA ESP 58
21 Roberta VINCI ITA 61
22 Carla SUAREZ NAVARRO ESP 63
23 Anastasia RODIONOVA AUS 66
24 Johanna LARSSON SWE 67
25 Melanie OUDIN FRA 73
26 WC Virginie RAZZANO FRA 125
27 WC Mandy MINELLA LUX 130
28 WC tbd
29 Q tbd
30 Q tbd
31 Q tbd
32 Q tbd

Please Ana, try to make at least a QF here.. I know it's a MM, but you can do it! :sobbing:

InsideOut.
Oct 8th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Just checked TBE's rankings list, so seedings should be:
1. Dementieva
2. Rezai
3. Wickmayer
4. Ivanovic
5. Hantuchova
6. Szavay
7. Bacsinszky
8. Groth

gaviotabr
Oct 8th, 2010, 05:21 PM
Just checked TBE's rankings list, so seedings should be:
1. Dementieva
2. Rezai
3. Wickmayer
4. Ivanovic
5. Hantuchova
6. Szavay
7. Bacsinszky
8. Groth

Yes.. hopefully Ana can get a good draw and tries hard enough to win a couple of matches. It would actually be good if she somehow manages to use this tournament to defend her Brisbane points. If Ana gets to a semi here, she should be safe for a seed at AO.

Davodus
Oct 8th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Is she another.. "out for the year" player? WTA will end up as those scary movies that end out of lack of actors.. all dead. :spit:

Dulgheru is not on any other tournament entry list, so Ana might actually get ahead of her.

maybe someone has one of those M word things I can't speak of anymore on the WTA :p

gaviotabr
Oct 8th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Actually, just saw that Dulgheru is on the entry list for Moscow.

From 25 to 35, all ranked players, the points they have now, the ammount they have to defend and what tournaments they are playing. These are Ana's direct opponents for an AO seed:

25 Jie Zheng 2227 --- 0 --- Out for the year

26 Alisa Kleybanova 2105 --- 200 --- Moscow/Bali

27 Maria Jose Martinez 2090 --- 310 --- Moscow

28 Alexandra Dulgheru 2000 --- 30 --- Moscow

29 Ana Ivanovic 1907 --- 0 --- Luxembourg/Bali

30 Daniela Hantuchova 1850 --- 70 --- Linz/Luxembourg/Bali

31 Petra Kvitova 1849 --- 200 --- Linz/Moscow

32 Dominika Cibulkova 1845 --- 0 --- Linz

33 Tsvetana Pironkova 1802 --- 140 --- Moscow

34 Alona Bondarenko 1792 --- 200 --- Linz/Moscow

35 Lucie Safarova 1790 --- 130 --- Moscow

It's going to be a tough battle.. Hopefully Ana can get over her MM fobia and get some points in Lux/Bali. From 35 to Ana at 29 there are only 117 points difference. Not so much.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Oct 8th, 2010, 06:13 PM
A wasted chance here and also a loss against Caro isn't a pleasure at all.
But we know Ana can do better than this. I'm glad Ana isn't playing as defensive as she played for a while this year and last year. She makes some steps and beating Lena and Bartoli gives confidence as well. I'm still positive cause there's so much room left for improving. If you look at the rankings it's just a mess. Look at top 10.
With Ana's play at the moment she isn't that much behind as she should be.
If she can continue her steps early in 2011 then the top 10 can come really quick.

Today it was too many errors a very weak serve (9 DF's?????). Still not fast enough and the timing was to be better. Also her BH is often too short. Loses too many points cause of that. Her weapon, the FH, is still as dangerous as ever. Just has to control it more.

A quarter final is good and top 30 again. That looks a lot different than 6 months ago.

Dexter
Oct 8th, 2010, 09:13 PM
All I want to say is that I'm glad I didn't watch so I can't comment. No excuse for a loss to Wozniacki. :o

Curtos07
Oct 8th, 2010, 09:22 PM
I don't see how this is a bad loss. Wozniacki is the #1 player in the world and played great last night. :shrug:

spiritedenergy
Oct 8th, 2010, 10:38 PM
expected... The trend of losing against players she used to own continues... especially retrievers like Wozniacki and JJ... Ana used to eat them for breakfast:o well at least now she's winnning against the likes of Dementieva and Kleybanova :lol:

gaviotabr
Oct 8th, 2010, 10:47 PM
All I want to say is that I'm glad I didn't watch so I can't comment. No excuse for a loss to Wozniacki. :o

You are lucky.. I'm trying to focus on the future.. but I can't help it.. I'm SO pissed off. :o Ana was just plain dumb at any important point. :o

spiritedenergy
Oct 8th, 2010, 10:51 PM
You are lucky.. I'm trying to focus on the future.. but I can't help it.. I'm SO pissed off. :o Ana was just plain dumb at any important point. :o

hey izzy!:wavey:

the good thing is she's top 30... she had a very good second part of the season, which is usually her worst... and she has almost nothing to defend until May next year... she could go top 20 by clay season next year if she has some good runs... And her not being consistent... it's just normal, she is just starting now to get back into playing a lot matches and playing the top players, gaining consistency should be her next step, especially during a match

gaviotabr
Oct 8th, 2010, 10:58 PM
I don't see how this is a bad loss. Wozniacki is the #1 player in the world and played great last night. :shrug:

Remember when the commentators were saying that it was not just that Ana had beaten Dementieva, but how she beat her? Now it's the same.. it was a dumb match from Ana, that she could have won but blew it. Yes, Wozniacki played great.. I would even say it was one of the best matches I've ever seen her play. But the result of it was still in Ana's racquet all the time. She blew it.. whenever she got an opening on Woz's serve, she would net an easy second serve return. I counted at least 15 netted returns on 30-30 or deuce. She netted 4 only on that last game. And then, when her opponent lets her level a bit down due to the "injury", instead of making her run, she hits to her BH, all the time, and gets slower herself. Letting that drama get to her was the stupidiest thing of all. I actually think the crucial game of the match was Woz serving at 4-4 in the first set. The game went to 6 deuces, and every single time Ana would net an easy return to give Woz a game point. She played brainlessly.. After she lost the first set, she just let her head down.. couldn't even realize what to do once her opponent started to miss a few shots.

That's what makes this loss so frustrating.. it was on Ana's racquet and she blew it out of stupidity.

gaviotabr
Oct 8th, 2010, 11:09 PM
hey izzy!:wavey:

the good thing is she's top 30... she had a very good second part of the season, which is usually her worst... and she has almost nothing to defend until May next year... she could go top 20 by clay season next year if she has some good runs... And her not being consistent... it's just normal, she is just starting now to get back into playing a lot matches and playing the top players, gaining consistency should be her next step, especially during a match

She had a good second half for top 30 standards.. not all that good. 3 decent tournaments out of 7 played. So still 4 crappy ones... No finals played. She actually has about the same number of points to defend from AO to Wimbledon and from US summer till now.

But yeah.. she would need over 1000 points before Rome to get to top 20 by clay season. She can do it if she starts to make late rounds of tournaments consistently orif she does really well at AO. Can she be consistent though? Or.. can she win more than 4 matches in a row in a tournament before playing like crap or like an idiot? It's to be seen.. hopefully she can.

We can only hope 2011 will be a better year.. 09 and 10 were awful.

gaviotabr
Oct 8th, 2010, 11:19 PM
expected... The trend of losing against players she used to own continues... especially retrievers like Wozniacki and JJ... Ana used to eat them for breakfast:o well at least now she's winnning against the likes of Dementieva and Kleybanova :lol:

Yeah.. trend continues.. and we can add players.. Radwanska, Dushevina.. She is losing to the players she used to own and beating her old nemesis. Can't do both.. :o The only nemesis she couldn't beat was Peer. Actually, this match against Woz as a bit like her matches against Peer.. I imagine a bit like San Diego. Ana had tons of chances, but would always always net a serve. Ana didn't serve well today, low 1st serve % and too many DFs (9), but what lost her the matchwas crappy returning. She took Woz to deuce in almost every service game in the first set, and would always net a return whenever she had a chance.. And then had chances in the last game to break back, and netted 4 FH second serve returns. Had she hit it back, she might have broken back.. But well.. she decided to go brainless ballbashing way, forgot to finish points off at the net, and just tried to hit harder until she missed a shot. :o 42 UEs, 42!! That's over 10 games she gifted. :o

Pops Maellard
Oct 8th, 2010, 11:51 PM
So Ana's not quite ready to handle the Great Wall of Denmark. :shrug:

As Ana hopefully continues improving, she'll start beating her again, mark my words. :devil:

Cp6uja
Oct 8th, 2010, 11:52 PM
Since Cincinnati Ana playing TOP10 level tennis especially if we considering that this is her worst surface and that even at her best (2007-08) she has some big downs like that MM Dushevina lose and that against Bartoli on Tokyo's parking court. She is also very unlucky with draws at both mandatory events (USO R16 Clijsters & China Dementieva+Wozniacki quarter). When Ana was trashed (and bageled) in Paris early round I say that only thing which I want to see till rest of the season is former Ana's forehand no matter on results and rankings and I'm really happy what I see from her this summer. Yesterday against Dementieva and today against Wozniacki Ana's game is even close to TOP5 level, but opponents are also from that level (especially at this favorite surface for Caro and Elena).

I can't believe gaviotabr and some others posters here complaining about Ana's today's tactics and strategy after everything what we see in last two years. This is only winning strategy (hyper-aggressive attacking tennis) against WTA very best players... OVERPOWER or DIE! Only time when she trying to play "smart tennis" :rolleyes: today is when disaster is happen: TB Wozniacki won 7-1 hitting 4 winners (!?) and after that "injury" in middle of 2nd set Ana start to be patient and construct points (she thinks "OMG she is injured, let's not risk too much and just send balls to her left and right"), and she damages her chances and down from 2-3 to 2-5, before again start to play utter-aggressive tennis and almost comeback. Yes, several her's 2nd serve returns is netted when trying to hit direct winner, but on other hand when ball is IN, even human wall Wozniacki is hopeless against such heavy balls. What is alternate? To be patient like against Dementieva in 2nd set when famous WTA server Elena won 20 out of 23 serves till 5-4 lead (2 of this 3 AI pts are DF!)? With todays game Ana will beat today probably any other Beijing quarterfinalist except Wozniacki, and she is very close to beat her. Also with todays game Ana will beat Wozniacki at any other surface except this HC-fast where Woz defensive shots is also half-offensive in same time. I'm always more sad when Ana losing 7-6 6-4 than 6-3 6-2, because she obviously has the chance... but in terms of game I'm very happy to see how Ana played this QF! Honestly if she continued with this, I don't care anymore will she reach TOP24 seeds status or not because about half of current TOP8 seems now beatable at AO medium-fast surface! Wozniacki? Injured Venus? Jankovic? Schiavone? Stosur? Dementieva? For all of them AO is worst or 2nd worst GS :shrug: Only Serena is sure dead there for improved Ana.

gaviotabr
Oct 9th, 2010, 12:16 AM
Since Cincinnati Ana playing TOP10 level tennis especially if we considering that this is her worst surface and that even at her best (2007-08) she has some big downs like that MM Dushevina lose and that against Bartoli on Tokyo's parking court. She is also very unlucky with draws at both mandatory events (USO R16 Clijsters & China Dementieva+Wozniacki quarter). When Ana was trashed (and bageled) in Paris early round I say that only thing which I want to see till rest of the season is former Ana's forehand no matter on results and rankings and I'm really happy what I see from her this summer. Yesterday against Dementieva and today against Wozniacki Ana's game is even close to TOP5 level, but opponents are also from that level (especially at this favorite surface for Caro and Elena).

I can't believe gaviotabr and some others posters here complaining about Ana's today's tactics and strategy after everything what we see in last two years. This is only winning strategy (hyper-aggressive attacking tennis) against WTA very best players... OVERPOWER or DIE! Only time when she trying to play "smart tennis" :rolleyes: today is when disaster is happen: TB Wozniacki won 7-1 hitting 4 winners (!?) and after that "injury" in middle of 2nd set Ana start to be patient and construct points (she thinks "OMG she is injured, let's not risk too much and just send balls to her left and right"), and she damages her chances and down from 2-3 to 2-5, before again start to play utter-aggressive tennis and almost comeback. Yes, several her's 2nd serve returns is netted when trying to hit direct winner, but on other hand when ball is IN, even human wall Wozniacki is hopeless against such heavy balls. What is alternate? To be patient like against Dementieva in 2nd set when famous WTA server Elena won 20 out of 23 serves till 5-4 lead (2 of this 3 AI pts are DF!)? With todays game Ana will beat today probably any other Beijing quarterfinalist except Wozniacki, and she is very close to beat her. Also with todays game Ana will beat Wozniacki at any other surface except this HC-fast where Woz defensive shots is also half-offensive in same time. I'm always more sad when Ana losing 7-6 6-4 than 6-3 6-2, because she obviously has the chance... but in terms of game I'm very happy to see how Ana played this QF! Honestly if she continued with this, I don't care anymore will she reach TOP24 seeds status or not because about half of current TOP8 seems now beatable at AO medium-fast surface! Wozniacki? Injured Venus? Jankovic? Schiavone? Stosur? Dementieva? For all of them AO is worst or 2nd worst GS :shrug: Only Serena is sure dead there for improved Ana.

Did we watch the same match? Ana had overpower or die tactics the whole match. And she died! When Woz got "injured", Ana still tried to hit impossible winners... and you have to look no further than the first point of the tie break to see what a brainless ballbasher is. Don't get me wrong.. I agree Ana needs to be aggressive ALL the time. But she was overdoing it by far. Being aggressive and playing with power doesn't have to be the same as playing brainlessly.

And against Dementieva she was not being patient or passive either.. she was just not being able to hit a return properly. Like today.. mistiming returns. Bad returning. Against Dementieva her good serving saved her.. but today she didn't serve well enough to get away with awful timing on returns. The odd return winner doesn't save it.

gaviotabr
Oct 9th, 2010, 12:18 AM
And people who think I'm too negative, don't read me. I said this was the match I most wanted Ana to win in the past 6 months and that I would be in a bad mood for a week if she lost it. She lost it in a stupid stupid way.. so you can multpiply my bad mood by 100. I'm pissed at this and venting.

spiritedenergy
Oct 9th, 2010, 12:24 AM
And people who think I'm too negative, don't read me. I said this was the match I most wanted Ana to win in the past 6 months and that I would be in a bad mood for a week if she lost it. She lost it in a stupid stupid way.. so you can multpiply my bad mood by 100. I'm pissed at this and venting.

:lol::hug:

i didn't see the match but come on... Ana is not top 5 LOL. She is exactly what her raking says, top 30, she can have a good win here and there but she can't string 5-6 wins together to get a title.

And the fact that she couldn't break Dementieva horrible serving with that awful motion is only symptom of bad returns... so she has so much to weork on, but at least she is steadily improving now, and the good matches are more common that the bad ones now or at least the same, while before they were rarity... Ana has still a LONG way to go, but this time i can say it looks like she is on the right path.

Good to see her playing Bali too and being so excited about it;) Also the way she writes her facebook updates, she sounds happy and involved with tennis for the first time in so many months... I think the fallout with Sven was probably the biggest blow to her, and now that she's feeling Heinz things can improve

gaviotabr
Oct 9th, 2010, 12:33 AM
:lol::hug:

i didn't see the match but come on... Ana is not top 5 LOL. She is exactly what her raking says, top 30, she can have a good win here and there but she can't string 5-6 wins together to get a title.

And the fact that she couldn't break Dementieva horrible serving with that awful motion is only symptom of bad returns... so she has so much to weork on, but at least she is steadily improving now, and the good matches are more common that the bad ones now or at least the same, while before they were rarity... Ana has still a LONG way to go, but this time i can say it looks like she is on the right path.

Good to see her playing Bali too and being so excited about it;) Also the way she writes her facebook updates, she sounds happy and involved with tennis for the first time in so many months... I think the fallout with Sven was probably the biggest blow to her, and now that she's feeling Heinz things can improve

Yeah yeah.. I know she is just top 30 and far from top form.. But so many wasted chances in such a big winnable match. :o

Anyway.. the best thing of the last few months was seeing Ana get involved with tennis again. I think the fact that immediately after her RG win, Sven started to focus his atentions into someone else influenced the whole thing. She had no guidance when she most needed it. But I think her lack of interest in tennis for the past year and a half or so had more to do with her head being somewhere else.

I'm really interested in how this off season goes.. what are her plans, where she plans on preparing.. all that. It's going to be an important period. I hope Heinz works on her mental game..

Cp6uja
Oct 9th, 2010, 01:01 AM
Did we watch the same match? Ana had overpower or die tactics the whole match. And she died! Yes she died at end... but almost kill her #1 ranked opponent on her favorite surface which playing in life-form (26-2 since Wimbledon). At her best when she playing normal, smart tennis, Ana is in best case mediocre TOP30 player. But when attacking like today without compromise she is TOP5 level and slam contender. Call that brainless strategy if you want, but for Ivanovic-like tall power-hitter it's genius strategy. We see in Fed Cup and RG against Kleybanova how hopeless she looks when trying to overplay some solid TOP30 opponent, and in Tokyo last week we see how hopeless looks same that opponent when Ana trying to overpower her. Ana hit today 42 winners and 40 UE against elite defender. More and more if she continue same this winning tactics - next time it will be 42-35, and enough to win. Even todays 42-40 W/UE ratio should be enough against Wozniacki if she just hit over 50% 1st serve IN, instead poor 47%.

Talking about Ana's real problems it's not her attacking 2nd serve return, but pretty useless 1st serve return. Also, her's traditional mental blockade after losing opening set is still there... probability over 75% that she will lose her opening serve game in that circumstances is main reason why her careers stats is so pathetic in matches where opponent won 1st set. Talking about todays match tactics my biggest complain is why she not use more often down the line shot when attacking in cases when that whole side is open?

gaviotabr
Oct 9th, 2010, 01:34 AM
Yes she died at end... but almost kill her #1 ranked opponent on her favorite surface which playing in life-form (26-2 since Wimbledon). At her best when she playing normal, smart tennis, Ana is in best case mediocre TOP30 player. But when attacking like today without compromise she is TOP5 level and slam contender. Call that brainless strategy if you want, but for Ivanovic-like tall power-hitter it's genius strategy. We see in Fed Cup and RG against Kleybanova how hopeless she looks when trying to overplay some solid TOP30 opponent, and in Tokyo last week we see how hopeless looks same that opponent when Ana trying to overpower her. Ana hit today 42 winners and 40 UE against elite defender. More and more if she continue same this winning tactics - next time it will be 42-35, and enough to win. Even todays 42-40 W/UE ratio should be enough against Wozniacki if she just hit over 50% 1st serve IN, instead poor 47%.

I'm not calling being aggressive being a brainless ballbasher. You can be aggressive, as Ana has to be all the time, without being brainless. Actually Ana started the match playing very well, being smartly aggressive.. going for her shots and then finishing off points at the net. But from tie break on, she forgot about that and just tried to hit harder and harder and harder directly at Woz. Mostly to her BH. That is brainless.. she can handle power, and her BH is her best shot. Stopped finishing off points at the net.. instead would only go to the net after some ill advised short approaching shots, only to get passed. I'm not saying she should revert to pushing.. far from that.. we all know Ana can't win matches when pushing, it's just not her game. Ana has to be aggressive and go for her shots. But she was overdoing it and hitting brainlessly.

Talking about Ana's real problems it's not her attacking 2nd serve return, but pretty useless 1st serve return. Also, her's traditional mental blockade after losing opening set is still there... probability over 75% that she will lose her opening serve game in that circumstances is main reason why her careers stats is so pathetic in matches where opponent won 1st set. Talking about todays match tactics my biggest complain is why she not use more often down the line shot when attacking in cases when that whole side is open?

I agree with this. I actually think Ana's return has been off for a long time.. sometimes her kamikaze 2nd serve return tactics work, and she can break serve.. but when it doesn't, she just almost can't touch mediocre servers. Her first serve return is almost always short and puffy and CC. And yes, when she lost that first set I knew she was a bit helpless... even getting herself broken after the "injury". :banghead: Needs major work on mental game.

She didn't use DTL shots as often because she was playing brainlessly. It's always a good tactic against Wozniacki to hit CC to her forehand until you get a short ball, and then blast a winner DTL to her BH side. She had tons of chances to do this, but would either get into BH to BH rallies, opening up her own FH side for a BH DTL from the opponent (suicide for Ana). Woz had 10 BH DTL winners. Or Ana would go CC to the forehand again and again and again until missing a shot.. avoiding the net and the open court, like the first point of the tie break. Though I guess she didn't use the BH DTL because the 3 times she tried, she missed. Her BH was pretty poor today overall. When I talk about tactics, it's not to be patient or push or this or that.. it's to actually know where to hit the big shots. Ana needs to be super aggressive, but she can't go only to the opponents best shot or avoid the open court or forget to kill puff balls at the net (instead waiting for them at the baseline and giving the opponent the extra time to recover). That's brainless.. she can be ubber aggressive without being brainless. She would have more winners and less errors knowing what to do and where to hit powerful shots.

bruce goose
Oct 9th, 2010, 05:13 AM
I don't see how this is a bad loss. Wozniacki is the #1 player in the world and played great last night. :shrug:That's the problem,Curtis;you're using rational,common-sense perspective instead of the hyper-feminine,reactive emotionalism that controls this forum...so you can't relate:lol:

I'm reminded of the biblical parable of the prodigal son...when he came home,the father was overjoyed and ran out to meet him despite the son's errant lifestyle that led him away.The dad didn't say,":mad:Damn,it's about time you came back home and stopped getting drunk with those pagan gentiles...and you freakin' embarrassed me cuz that pusher sheep farmer,Abraham Wozniacki,was telling everyone what you were doing abroad...and you'll STILL be an embarrassment to me until you begin consistently obeying all the Levitical codes...:("

The dad's love for his son was the overriding factor;unfortunately,Ana gets a much more fu-ked-up,bitchy response here.Again,it's colossally STUPID to expect Ana to snap her fingers,click her heels together,and mystically transform into steady Clijsters.Even though Ana needs to attain such maturity,it's irrational to expect it from her at this stage when she was light years from it previously.I'm just happy,as her fan,that Ana has 'come home' to tennis...and I don't believe that Ana magically travels back to the full depths of her slump with every relapse of sloppy play.Though I usually let the opinions of others overly impact my own,I take comfort that some respected tennis writers have seen improvement in Ana:cool:,so I might not be 100% delusional when I say it's Roddick-level stupid to claim that Ana has made "no significant progress"....On the bright side,even if Ana DID read this forum,I think she's got enough confidence now to not be persuaded that her situation is hopeless...as has been heavily implied here...Then again,maybe TF is the reason why Gavin Versi maintains such a Candyland,negativity-free webpage---do you suppose??:p:lol::lol:

Curtos07
Oct 9th, 2010, 05:32 AM
That's the problem,Curtis;you're using rational,common-sense perspective instead of the hyper-feminine,reactive emotionalism that controls this forum...so you can't relate:lol:

I'm reminded of the biblical parable of the prodigal son...when he came home,the father was overjoyed and ran out to meet him despite the son's errant lifestyle that led him away.The dad didn't say,":mad:Damn,it's about time you came back home and stopped getting drunk with those pagan gentiles...and you freakin' embarrassed me cuz that pusher sheep farmer,Abraham Wozniacki,was telling everyone what you were doing abroad...and you'll STILL be an embarrassment to me until you begin consistently obeying all the Levitical codes...:("

The dad's love for his son was the overriding factor;unfortunately,Ana gets a much more fu-ked-up,bitchy response here.Again,it's colossally STUPID to expect Ana to snap her fingers,click her heels together,and mystically transform into steady Clijsters.Even though Ana needs to attain such maturity,it's irrational to expect it from her at this stage when she was light years from it previously.I'm just happy,as her fan,that Ana has 'come home' to tennis...and I don't believe that Ana magically travels back to the full depths of her slump with every relapse of sloppy play.Though I usually let the opinions of others overly impact my own,I take comfort that some respected tennis writers have seen improvement in Ana:cool:,so I might not be 100% delusional when I say it's Roddick-level stupid to claim that Ana has made "no significant progress"....On the bright side,even if Ana DID read this forum,I think she's got enough confidence now to not be persuaded that her situation is hopeless...as has been heavily implied here...Then again,maybe TF is the reason why Gavin Versi maintains such a Candyland,negativity-free webpage---do you suppose??:p:lol::lol:

I agee. Considering where Ana was just a couple of months ago, I am ecstatic about where she is today. She jumped from #65 in the world to #29 and is rising. Her game post Wimbledon 2010 compared to post Wimbledon 2009-Wimbledon 2010 is night and day. And her confidence is on the rise. She still has many areas in her game to work and improve on and it's going to take time. But like you said, it doesn't happen in the snap of the fingers. In fact, she has progressed much more quickly than I would of had imagine two months ago. How many of us thought she would be back in the top 30 today, two months ago? How many of us here had her making the quarter finals in Beijing and giving Wozniacki one tough match? I don't think anybody did. She has exceeded expectations and I think we should be happy where Ana is headed. It's ridiculous to expect her not lose matches like this or for her to all of a suddenly be consistently great. I love where Ana is moving in at the moment and am really excited about 2011. Her game will hopefully continue to get better, but we have to give it time. Baby steps.

I am all for criticism, but my goodness, lets take a step back and look at the big picture and realize all the positives and give the girl some credit. Ana has worked her ass off and the results are finally showing.

Pops Maellard
Oct 9th, 2010, 05:40 AM
Well said Bruce + Curtis. :yeah:

Seeding for the AO is almost a sure possibility. :D

Cp6uja
Oct 9th, 2010, 12:33 PM
...How many of us thought she would be back in the top 30 today, two months ago? How many of us here had her making the quarter finals in Beijing and giving Wozniacki one tough match?...From July perspective and out of TOP60 downhill, we really should to be happy about her TOP30 comeback. But we should not be blind to recognize that since august Ana is REAL TOP10 player once again, and only draws bad luck prevent her already to reach TOP20! Look for example Beijing draw - to reach this premier mandatory SF Shahar Peer needs to beat Sun, Schnyder, Jovanovski and Bacsinszky, and Na Li must to beat Kudravtseva, Kleybanova, Kerber and Sevastova... and our Ana should to face before SF Bartoli, Govortsova, Dementieva and Wozniacki! Or at US Open she faced eventual Champion Clijsters even before quarterfinal.

Since August Ana beat in-form Azarenka right after hers Stanford title and beat in-form Dementieva right after hers Tokyo final. She also beat easy some decent WTA names such as Zheng, Bartoli and Kleybanova, and on tournaments where she really played seriously (Cincinnati, USO, Beijing) she is stopped by 2010 HC-summer GOATS Clijsters and Wozniacki. And all that on Ivanovic worst surface. So Ana is NOT now TOP30 player which improve and works on her comebacks... blah... blah..., but already TOP10 level and just one step from next level which we all dreaming to see her again: TOP5 level of game & GS-contender... :shrug: With such level of game backs, I don't care anymore about her's current ranking so much.

bruce goose
Oct 9th, 2010, 01:46 PM
I agee. Considering where Ana was just a couple of months ago, I am ecstatic about where she is today. She jumped from #65 in the world to #29 and is rising. Her game post Wimbledon 2010 compared to post Wimbledon 2009-Wimbledon 2010 is night and day. And her confidence is on the rise. She still has many areas in her game to work and improve on and it's going to take time. But like you said, it doesn't happen in the snap of the fingers. In fact, she has progressed much more quickly than I would of had imagine two months ago. How many of us thought she would be back in the top 30 today, two months ago? How many of us here had her making the quarter finals in Beijing and giving Wozniacki one tough match? I don't think anybody did. She has exceeded expectations and I think we should be happy where Ana is headed. It's ridiculous to expect her not lose matches like this or for her to all of a suddenly be consistently great. I love where Ana is moving in at the moment and am really excited about 2011. Her game will hopefully continue to get better, but we have to give it time. Baby steps.

I am all for criticism, but my goodness, lets take a step back and look at the big picture and realize all the positives and give the girl some credit. Ana has worked her ass off and the results are finally showing.I'll take it one step further;I don't even think that the first half of 2009 compared with this recent stretch.I can't recall ANY impressive wins with the possible exception of Stosur at Wimbledon...and even THEN Ana's form wasn't so great,nor had she shown any deep commitment...and that was evidenced by how easily she quit on tennis post Wimbledon.

It's Asinine to suggest that Ana would...improve her serve(still shaky at times,to be fair,but clearly better than 2009)...improve her fitness commitment...her movement...her attitude...and most importantly,regain her love for tennis...and then stop RIGHT THERE!As if Ana would say,'Okay,I've been winning a few matches,so I'm gonna stop trying so hard...stop listening to Heinz....I'm satisfied with a Top 30 ranking.":rolleyes:....Tbh,I can't even fathom where such a moronic,apocalyptic view comes from.Unless someone holds to the view that Heinz(/Marija) hasn't had a key impact on Ana--which at least one or two posters here believe--it's ridiculous to say that she'd suddenly quit listening to him and fall back into her previous,depth-of-slump habits.

Yeah,Curtis,you know I'm not afraid to criticize Ana...and we're still entitled to criticize technical flaws in Ana's game.....but,if Ana could distract herself from her mental weaknesses during her rise to the #1 and the RG title,then there's no reason why she couldn't at least reach fringe Top 10 level with Heinz's guidance...being a consistent champion is the next level after that...and THAT'S where she'll likely need some counselling to toughen her mentality

gaviotabr
Oct 9th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Oh my.. the Luxembourg new trophy is one ugly trophy.. :tape:

http://www.bglbnpparibas-open.lu/images/bgltrophy.jpg

I really want Ana to win a title some time soon... it has been 2 whole years now.. such a long time. And to be top 20 level at least, you need to win titles. But this one is so ugly.. :lol:

gaviotabr
Oct 9th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Well said Bruce + Curtis. :yeah:

Seeding for the AO is almost a sure possibility. :D

If Ana manages to get to Luxembourg's QF, she should be safe for a seed at AO. She will have 75 points garanteed from Bali + 70 points from Lux's QF, which will make up for the 130 points she will lose from Brisbane.

gaviotabr
Oct 9th, 2010, 02:05 PM
The Bali trophy looks a bit better.. :lol:

http://www.thejakartapost.com/files/images/JPARY091108004.img_assist_custom-512x364.jpg

gaviotabr
Oct 9th, 2010, 02:08 PM
I guess the Luxembourg draw will come out on saturday of next week. Hopefully Ana will get a whole bunch of scrubs who will gift her matches... :sobbing: We know the sole fact of playing a MM is hard for her.. so she needs all the help in the world..

gaviotabr
Oct 9th, 2010, 02:10 PM
I was checking the web and they have this:

Sunday october 17th: MEET and GREET

at the stand of LOTERIE NATIONALE
at BGL BNP PARIBAS VILLAGE

15.00 h: Jana Novotna

15.30 h: Martina Navratilova
→ Carreer
her extraordinary carreer
16.00 h: Sabine Appelmanns

These former winners, together with other former winners like Anke Huber, Ana Ivanovic, Elena Dementieva, Timea Bacsinszki, will be special guests at the 20th anniversary dinner.

And also this:

Monday october 18th:
12.00 pm: Media hour: 3 TOP players at BGL BNP Paribas VIP Club.

I'm not sure if Ana will take part on the Media hour though. :shrug:

Davodus
Oct 9th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Oh my.. the Luxembourg new trophy is one ugly trophy.. :tape:

http://www.bglbnpparibas-open.lu/images/bgltrophy.jpg

I really want Ana to win a title some time soon... it has been 2 whole years now.. such a long time. And to be top 20 level at least, you need to win titles. But this one is so ugly.. :lol:

That is the ugliest trophy I have ever seen :sobbing:

gaviotabr
Oct 9th, 2010, 02:24 PM
That is the ugliest trophy I have ever seen :sobbing:

Yes.. :sobbing:

When Ana won it in 2007, it was quite nice:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1239/1463879443_5b4f4a5f8e.jpg?v=0

Davodus
Oct 9th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Yes.. :sobbing:

When Ana won it in 2007, it was quite nice:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1239/1463879443_5b4f4a5f8e.jpg?v=0

That one is good, and now they have some fat woman who looks like she is in the middle of dying :o I dunno why they try to be different, just keep it simple with a nice, classic trophy :shrug:

I hope Ana is holding up the fat dying lady at the end of the tournament though :p

jelenacg
Oct 9th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Fugly trophy :lol:

That one is good, and now they have some fat woman who looks like she is in the middle of dying :o I dunno why they try to be different, just keep it simple with a nice, classic trophy :shrug:

It`s supposed to represent tennis player :sobbing:
It says it`s original and unique ,as if someone is going to copy that :tape::lol:

gaviotabr
Oct 9th, 2010, 02:45 PM

I hope Ana is holding up the fat dying lady at the end of the tournament though :p

Yes.. I hope so too.. Any trophy would be good, doesn't matter if it's the ugliest one ever.. :spit:

gaviotabr
Oct 9th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Fugly trophy :lol:

It`s supposed to represent tennis player :sobbing:
It says it`s original and unique ,as if someone is going to copy that :tape::lol:

It is original and unique in its ugliness.. never seen any other as ugly! :tape:

gaviotabr
Oct 9th, 2010, 02:51 PM
What degree of effort will Ana put in Luxembourg? I'd say a 4. :o

jelenacg
Oct 9th, 2010, 03:08 PM
It is original and unique in its ugliness.. never seen any other as ugly! :tape:

True :lol:

Davodus
Oct 9th, 2010, 03:29 PM
What degree of effort will Ana put in Luxembourg? I'd say a 4. :o

Maybe a bit higher because she's won it before, and then there is the pull for such a spectacular trophy as well :shrug: :p

gaviotabr
Oct 9th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Maybe a bit higher because she's won it before, and then there is the pull for such a spectacular trophy as well :shrug: :p

Oh yeah.. I'm underestimating the motivational factor of the fat lady on the trophy.. that will for sure make Ana play her heart out! :spit:

Davodus
Oct 9th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Oh yeah.. I'm underestimating the motivational factor of the fat lady on the trophy.. that will for sure make Ana play her heart out! :spit:

exactly :p who wouldn't want that on display in their house? I mean, I think she is really gonna give 100% to get that trophy. She'll fight to the last second for it!

But seriously, maybe the fact that she has won it before will make her treat it better, considering it didn't used to be a MM really...who knows how her mind works :lol:

Dexter
Oct 9th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Apparently the Luxembourg trophies are made by handicapped people, so you guys need to chill about it.

InsideOut.
Oct 9th, 2010, 03:41 PM
That trophy :spit: Perfect :hearts:

InsideOut.
Oct 9th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Apparently the Luxembourg trophies are made by handicapped people, so you guys need to chill about it.

Oh. I take back my previous post then...it's actually really touching.

cocco80
Oct 9th, 2010, 03:53 PM
:tape:

I'm glad I didn't write anything about that trophy. (and I did want to). I would feel horrible now. Thanks for letting us know, Dexter.

gaviotabr
Oct 9th, 2010, 04:00 PM

Oh.. I didn't know that! Sorry.. I feel bad now. :sad:

gaviotabr
Oct 9th, 2010, 10:35 PM
I really liked Ana's new diary!!

Asian reflection
Search this site:
Home › About Ana › Diary

I'm now on my way back to Europe. It was a interesting and eventful trip to Asia, as usual! Three very different cities in three weeks, and three very different tournaments, with different conditions.

Unfortunately I didn't do myself justice at all in Seoul, and in Tokyo I didn't adapt very well to the sharply changing conditions between my two matches.

But the matches that I played gave me confidence, even though I lost them - I felt like I was slowly getting back into the groove. It was obviously very satisfying to turn things around against Bartoli, and the China Open was a successful event for me.

At the same time, I leave Beijing with regret, because I feel like I missed my chances against Caroline. On the positive side, I competed well with her, and she's the new world No.1. I'm confident that this is a sign of things to come - I need to take this form from the China Open into my final two tournaments of the year, in Luxembourg and Bali.

I was talking to my team about these Premier Mandatory tournaments - Madrid and Beijing. They were introduced two years ago and both of them are nine-day events, but I still haven't played during the opening weekend! Last year I was injured and ill, and this year I started on a Wednesday in Madrid and on a Monday in Beijing.

I am a big fan of these events. It's such a pleasure to play in these beautiful new arenas, with many courts available to practice on - you may be surprised to hear that at some events there are not enough courts for players, so we have to either share a court, which means hitting in just half of it, or hit for only half an hour.

It's also fun to played more mixed events and to see friends like Novak Djokovic around the player lounge.

The Olympic tennis courts in Beijing are a wonderful facility and I'm looking forward to coming back next year. They are even building another new stadium, so the current centre court, the Lotus Court, will be the second court then.

Love

Ana

I think this is about one of the most real and interesting diaries she has written lately. I mean.. she analyzes well all her matches. She indeed played like crap in Seoul, and Tokyo was all about not being able to adjust.. that pathetic loss to Marion had a lot more to due with playing in the parking lot and all the schedule changes, than anything else. And then she did play some good tennis in Beijing. But I'm very glad she walks out of it realizing she blew it against Woz, she blew it on her own. Had a huge chance and blew it. It's good to be positive, but you gotta keep things in perspective and be real.. that's the only way to improve and avoid making the same mistakes over and over again like she has in the past. Great to see she is seeing things clearly. Hopefully she can take the good form into the last couple of tournaments of the year, because, as she says, she needs to do so.

Thumbs up Ana! :yeah:

Tweedle
Oct 10th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Novak Djokovic has got to have the most mentions out of anybody ever in Ana's diaries.It's kind of cute :lol:

Pops Maellard
Oct 10th, 2010, 12:00 PM
They're meant to be together I'm telling you! :p

Marilyn Monheaux
Oct 10th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Is Ana playing Linz? Someone in GM said she might replace Serena there.:confused:

Dexter
Oct 10th, 2010, 02:22 PM
I just read that in Linz subforum too... :shrug:

Davodus
Oct 10th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Wow, didn't expect this!

Marilyn Monheaux
Oct 10th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Via Facebook

WTA LINZ Last Minute Sensation: ANA IVANOVIC is the new star of the Generali Ladies. Former Worlds Number One Ana Ivanovic will get a wildcard and plays this week in Linz.

Wow. :eek:

Can't wait! :cheer:

Davodus
Oct 10th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Ana seeded 7, playing a qualifier I believe.

Dexter
Oct 10th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Confirmed on Ana's website. Yay! :)

InsideOut.
Oct 10th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Wait. WHAT? :lol: Didn't expect this at all. :spit:

I can't wait till Izzy comes back and finds out that Ana played an entire tourney with her away :spit:

Tennis90
Oct 10th, 2010, 03:04 PM
I didn't expect this either but great,right? :D
As Ana said it was the last-minute decision but I can't wait!!!
I hope she can go far!Ana is all over the world these days,she is so eager to compete! :D

Dexter
Oct 10th, 2010, 03:04 PM
She's so winning with Izzy being away. :lol:

InsideOut.
Oct 10th, 2010, 03:05 PM
She's so winning with Izzy being away. :lol:

Marilyn Monheaux
Oct 10th, 2010, 03:07 PM
I didn't expect this either but great,right? :D
As Ana said it was the last-minute decision but I can't wait!!!
I hope she can go far!Ana is all over the world these days,she is so eager to compete! :D

This! Sooo different from last year where she called it a season after Tokyo! (or was it Beijing?) :hearts:

Hope she's prepared and able to do well!:bounce:

Tennis90
Oct 10th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Well they said she probably won't play till Wednesday,that will give her time to adjust.
I just hope she won't be tired considering she's also playing Luxembourg
next week,buuut I love it!

InsideOut.
Oct 10th, 2010, 03:11 PM
This! Sooo different from last year where she called it a season after Tokyo! (or was it Beijing?) :hearts:

Hope she's prepared and able to do well!:bounce:

It was Tokyo. The draw was out and everything for Beijing (she was going to face Errani) and then she pulled a Serena and withdrew last minute :o So different this year :bounce: Hope she does well.

Tennis90
Oct 10th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Is she playing Polona Hercog then?

InsideOut.
Oct 10th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Is she playing Polona Hercog then?

God I hope not, that will be tough :unsure:

Tennis90
Oct 10th, 2010, 03:29 PM
I wouldn't like that either.Maybe it's not true,I saw it somewhere on FB....

InsideOut.
Oct 10th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Draw: http://www.generali-ladies.at/p/pdf/einzel_hauptbewerb.pdf

:o She got a tough one - Sevastova in second round :rolleyes: (Pusher alert!) Kvitova in quarters if she gets there :scared:

Tennis90
Oct 10th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Are we talking about Sevastova who just played a QF in Beijing lol....oh come on,really?What's up with the draws this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bruce goose
Oct 10th, 2010, 03:34 PM
I saw a happy ending to a Twilight Zone episode once...might've aired around Christmastime(can't remember)....Ana's 2nd half of 2010 reminds me of that:cool:

InsideOut.
Oct 10th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Oh well :shrug: Ana's best tournaments this year were when she drew an Azarenka or a Bartoli, so it might actually be better for her.

Tennis90
Oct 10th, 2010, 03:35 PM
^Yeah,you're right about that one!So.....go team Ana :screamsAjde!: :P

JamieOwen3
Oct 10th, 2010, 03:35 PM
yay now i have someone to cheer seeing as serena withdrew again :sobbing:

good luck ana, win the tournament.

spiritedenergy
Oct 10th, 2010, 04:30 PM
wow Ana is getting serious now!:eek: I hope she's careful about injuries... and hopefully she'll reach a final in one of these 3 last tournaments:worship:

jelenacg
Oct 10th, 2010, 04:36 PM
This was unexpected :lol:
I like this `i play every week` Ana :hearts:
Ajde !

cocco80
Oct 10th, 2010, 04:38 PM
This is good for her.. she needs to compete as much as she can before the end of the season.

Go Anci.

InsideOut.
Oct 10th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Whoring all the MMs :hearts:

soul
Oct 10th, 2010, 04:40 PM
I was going to wait to write till ANA winning a title but; this last minute acceptance is made me very very happy in some way........Wish u luck ANA

spiritedenergy
Oct 10th, 2010, 04:40 PM
This was unexpected :lol:
I like this `i play every week` Ana :hearts:
Ajde !

hey jelena!:wavey:

yes i like it too but it's a bit too much now:lol::p

also i was thinking... if ana wins linz or luxembourg she wouldn't even need a WC to qualify for Bali right? That would be a good achievement for this season...

jelenacg
Oct 10th, 2010, 04:49 PM
Whoring all the MMs :hearts:

Yes :hearts:

hey jelena!:wavey:

yes i like it too but it's a bit too much now:lol::p

Don`t say that , she might hear you :lol:

The Daviator
Oct 10th, 2010, 06:22 PM
Delighted she's playing Linz/Lux/Bali, I'm confident she can end the season with at least one title, ajde! :armed:

azdaja
Oct 10th, 2010, 06:26 PM
the last time ana won a tournament was in linz, right? :unsure:

i really could go there...

doni1212
Oct 10th, 2010, 06:28 PM
Draw: http://www.generali-ladies.at/p/pdf/einzel_hauptbewerb.pdf

:o She got a tough one - Sevastova in second round :rolleyes: (Pusher alert!) Kvitova in quarters if she gets there :scared:

No, Sevastova is not a pusher! She played Li very, very tough in Beijing and should've won that 1st set. She hits hard!

bruce goose
Oct 10th, 2010, 07:15 PM
No, Sevastova is not a pusher! She played Li very, very tough in Beijing and should've won that 1st set. She hits hard!You're right,Doni;I got to see Sevastova play at one of our Mexican tourneys,and she's a good young player.....She doesn't hit quite as hard as Ray Lewis of the 2010 AFC North Champion Baltimore Ravens--as I'm sure Mendenhall would agree:p--but she'd be a tough challenge for Ana,one that shouldn't be overlooked

doni1212
Oct 10th, 2010, 07:53 PM
You're right,Doni;I got to see Sevastova play at one of our Mexican tourneys,and she's a good young player.....She doesn't hit quite as hard as Ray Lewis of the 2010 AFC North Champion Baltimore Ravens--as I'm sure Mendenhall would agree:p--but she'd be a tough challenge for Ana,one that shouldn't be overlooked

Ugh! Can you ever just focus on tennis? :lol:
I'm laying here watching the game and disgusted with the Broncos. Can't wait till next week!

Curtos07
Oct 10th, 2010, 08:00 PM
WOW. :eek: This was totally unexpected. Hope she wins the title! :bounce:

bruce goose
Oct 10th, 2010, 08:15 PM
I'm laying here watching the game and disgusted with the Broncos. Can't wait till next week!:angel:I'm multi-tasking while cheering on Ana,Doni

Stevecw
Oct 10th, 2010, 11:06 PM
WOW. :eek: This was totally unexpected. Hope she wins the title! :bounce:

Yeah same here, I only got the news about 2 hours ago. Great to hear, and she has a big big chance here. Going by last weeks displays she should have confidence and can do this. Love the way she jumped in here once Serena was out, shows she has a big hunger for playing tournaments again. Best of luck to her :) A win here can prove to all, and most importantly to herself she is on the way back!! :yeah:

Marilyn Monheaux
Oct 10th, 2010, 11:22 PM
Just saw that Serena is likely out for the rest of the season.:tears:

Who else is OUT?

Serena
Venus
Justine
Sveta
Aga
Maria
Jie
maybe Kim?

:o

bruce goose
Oct 11th, 2010, 01:03 AM
Just saw that Serena is likely out for the rest of the season.:tears:

Who else is OUT?

Serena
Venus
Justine
Sveta
Aga
Maria
Jie
maybe Kim?

:oI haven't heard about Masha having an injury;is she hurt or just shutting down early to get some extra rest...or extra time with her bf before NBA season starts?:lol:

doni1212
Oct 11th, 2010, 01:12 AM
I haven't heard about Masha having an injury;is she hurt or just shutting down early to get some extra rest...or extra time with her bf before NBA season starts?:lol:

She's not hurt. She just didn't want to keep losing and she shut it down.
Who knows? Maybe she is just trying to spend extra time with Sasha...

Pops Maellard
Oct 11th, 2010, 01:19 AM
Yay! Hope she can avoid being injured though. :yeah: :cheer:

bruce goose
Oct 11th, 2010, 02:09 AM
She's not hurt. She just didn't want to keep losing and she shut it down.
Who knows? Maybe she is just trying to spend extra time with Sasha...Obviously,you're a huge fan of hers who still hasn't gotten over the Wimby 2004 Final:p....Speaking of Serena,I'm surprised that the injury has lingered this long cuz she originally indicated that it wasn't that serious.I'm assuming that she'll come back for the AO 2011,but is she out of YEC??

Pops Maellard
Oct 11th, 2010, 02:20 AM
Serena's out of YEC. ;)

doni1212
Oct 11th, 2010, 02:27 AM
Obviously,you're a huge fan of hers who still hasn't gotten over the Wimby 2004 Final:p....Speaking of Serena,I'm surprised that the injury has lingered this long cuz she originally indicated that it wasn't that serious.I'm assuming that she'll come back for the AO 2011,but is she out of YEC??

Nope, never gotten over 2004 and never will, :)

Yeah, she's probably not going to play there. She didn't rule it out 100% but did say she is "likely out for the year now."

bruce goose
Oct 11th, 2010, 02:43 AM
Nope, never gotten over 2004 and never will, :)

Yeah, she's probably not going to play there. She didn't rule it out 100% but did say she is "likely out for the year now."I'd say sorry for the tough break...except I think that the somewhat-older Serena enjoys the time off sometimes...unlike Ana,the breaktime won't hurt her that much

bruce goose
Oct 11th, 2010, 03:13 AM
I'm laying here watching the game and disgusted with the Broncos. Can't wait till next week!I'm currently watching Mike Singletary trying to restrain himself from homicide:p...can't help thinking about how Izzy would manage if she were a Cowboys fan:lol:;did you see that crap today??They came off a BYE week--with EXTRA time to prepare--and they made more mental errors than a pee-wee team:haha::haha::haha:

Izzy has rightfully referred to Ana's 'brainless ball-bashing' sometimes but,compared to Wade Phillips and crew,Ana is the re-incarnation of Heinz' more-famous,former pupil Steffi....I suspect that Wade'll be keeping Damian and Craig Kardon company in the unemployment line in a couple months...or sooner:p

doni1212
Oct 11th, 2010, 03:49 AM
I'm currently watching Mike Singletary trying to restrain himself from homicide:p...can't help thinking about how Izzy would manage if she were a Cowboys fan:lol:;did you see that crap today??They came off a BYE week--with EXTRA time to prepare--and they made more mental errors than a pee-wee team:haha::haha::haha:

Izzy has rightfully referred to Ana's 'brainless ball-bashing' sometimes but,compared to Wade Phillips and crew,Ana is the re-incarnation of Heinz' more-famous,former pupil Steffi....I suspect that Wade'll be keeping Damian and Craig Kardon company in the unemployment line in a couple months...or sooner:p

I try not to watch the Cowboys if I don't have to but I heard all about it, :lol: At the bottom of their division! Can't believe they thought they would be playing for the Superbowl in their stadium lol!

Did you hear about the verbal drama/fight between Brady and Moss? :tape: :rolls:

Curtos07
Oct 11th, 2010, 03:58 AM
I'm currently watching Mike Singletary trying to restrain himself from homicide:p

:lol: That would be true for any coach who had Alex Smith as their starting quarterback. Man, he is awful.