PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Night Matches Are So Boring

Tennisation
Sep 5th, 2010, 01:50 AM
7pm Start
John Isner(USA) vs. Mikhail Youzhny(RUS) :tape:
Samantha Stosur(AUS) vs. Elena Dementieva(RUS)

Kim vs. Ana should have been a night match instead

goldenlox
Sep 5th, 2010, 01:52 AM
I like both those matches over most of the day matches

Craig.
Sep 5th, 2010, 01:53 AM
The marquee matchups during Labor Day weekend are played in the day at the US Open. It's been like this forever.

saul1333
The mighty CBS wanted to show Kim v Ana :)

ptkten
I still don't understand after all these years how people don't understand that the U.S. Open puts the best matches on Saturday and Sunday during the day because of CBS. Kim-Ana, Venus-Peer, and Nadal-Simon were the three marquee matches for American audiences so that's why they're on during the day.

L'Enfant Sauvage
Sep 5th, 2010, 02:02 AM
Besides, what's wrong with those matches? Out of the three women's matches, Lena vs Stosur looks the most promising to me :shrug:

MH0861
Sep 5th, 2010, 02:03 AM
I would be so pissed if I had good seats for that night session :tape:

MH0861
Sep 5th, 2010, 02:03 AM
Besides, what's wrong with those matches? Out of the three women's matches, Lena vs Stosur looks the most promising to me :shrug:

Youhzny vs Isner is a snoozefest - I love ATP too but I would not want to watch that :lol:

miffedmax
Sep 5th, 2010, 02:07 AM
Yeah, and I'll probably clean the toilets during Kim and Baby Hippo's match.

BuTtErFrEnA
Sep 5th, 2010, 02:09 AM

don't lie...we know you'll be working up a potion to put on sam

edificio
Sep 5th, 2010, 02:10 AM
The ladies match might be good. Will there be TV? I don't think tonight there is TV (in the US); luckily, they are streaming from the USO now. But, I don't disagree, the Sunday night matchups haven't always been the most interesting.

MH0861
Sep 5th, 2010, 02:14 AM
^Saturday and Sunday night sessions are live on tennis channel.

edificio
Sep 5th, 2010, 02:23 AM
^Saturday and Sunday night sessions are live on tennis channel.

Ah, thanks for the information. Don't get that channel.

Gdsimmons
Sep 5th, 2010, 02:50 AM
If you have a TV you have CBS. Tennis Channel is a premium channel. Plus who wants to see Isner , Elena D and Stosur over Venus, Clijsters, Rafa and Ivanovic??

edificio
Sep 5th, 2010, 02:53 AM
If you have a TV you have CBS. Tennis Channel is a premium channel. Plus who wants to see Isner , Elena D and Stosur over Venus, Clijsters, Rafa and Ivanovic??

I don't have Tennis Channel. I know what CBS is. Thanks, though.

Daniela-Is-Mine
Sep 5th, 2010, 02:56 AM

Baby Hippo :haha:
Miffedmx im going to put you in my sig in place of Dani. :rolls:

darrinbaker00
Sep 5th, 2010, 03:12 AM

Isner fans, Dementieva fans and Stosur fans, that's who.

JSeles
Sep 5th, 2010, 03:51 AM
Isner fans, Dementieva fans and Stosur fans, that's who.

All 6 of them! ;-)

CloudAtlas
Sep 5th, 2010, 03:51 AM

Former #1 + Grand Slam Champion vs Former #1 + 2 time US Open Champion

Former #3 + Olympic Gold medalist vs Stosur

I'd say Ivanovic v Clijsters edges other match it in terms of star potential, if only by a narrow margin ;)

delicatecutter
Sep 5th, 2010, 03:57 AM
Lena/Sam is the most important match for me tomorrow for Suicide purposes. Should be a battle!

L'Enfant Sauvage
Sep 5th, 2010, 04:26 AM
Former #1 + Grand Slam Champion vs Former #1 + 2 time US Open Champion

Former #3 + Olympic Gold medalist vs Stosur

I'd say Ivanovic v Clijsters edges other match it in terms of star potential, if only by a narrow margin ;)

Well yeah, starpower-wise Clivanovic wins all the way. I just meant which match I'd rather see, to get my money's worth. Kim is clearly going to whoop poor Ana's ass, unfortunately, while SamLena has a higher chance of producing a tough battle.

Daniela-Is-Mine
Sep 5th, 2010, 04:28 AM
Kim has already had a night match. Ivanovic has been on Ashe twice.

Lena on Ashe once. Sam only on Armstrong and Grandstand and Court 11.
Tey deserve a night match.

Tennisstar86
Sep 5th, 2010, 04:33 AM
makes sense... Since Most dont have the tennis channel..... and cant see the night matches..... day schedule on cbs.....

gc-spurs
Sep 5th, 2010, 04:43 AM
Well yeah, starpower-wise Clivanovic wins all the way. I just meant which match I'd rather see, to get my money's worth. Kim is clearly going to whoop poor Ana's ass, unfortunately, while SamLena has a higher chance of producing a tough battle.

:lol::lol:

Inger67
Sep 5th, 2010, 04:50 AM

Have you been watching Ana play this week? She has been hitting the ball SO SO well. And honestly Clijsters has been less than impressive. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if Ana pulled it out.

goldenlox
Sep 5th, 2010, 08:05 AM
Dementieva fans are hoping the match is boring. Who needs 5 all in the 3rd.

Dexter
Sep 5th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Dementieva fans are hoping the match is boring. Who needs 5 all in the 3rd.Could you please remind us how much their going to earn?

gentenaire
Sep 5th, 2010, 08:11 AM
Maybe they're also keeping European viewers in mind.
I for one am very happy Kim is playing during the day as that means I don't have to get up in the middle of the night to watch the match.

Dexter
Sep 5th, 2010, 08:12 AM
Maybe they're also keeping European viewers in mind.
I for one am very happy Kim is playing during the day as that means I don't have to get up in the middle of the night to watch the match.Are you kidding me? They don't give a &$(* about Europeans. Why would they?

L'Enfant Sauvage
Sep 5th, 2010, 08:25 AM
Have you been watching Ana play this week? She has been hitting the ball SO SO well. And honestly Clijsters has been less than impressive. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if Ana pulled it out.

I'd be thoroughly shocked. Now don't get me wrong, I pray every night that Ana will will be the one to finally send Kim's ass packing(Before Vee has to meet her :unsure: Srsly, Kim's such a GS-whore with her 17 US Open win-streak :rolleyes:) But I simply cannot see it happening. Ivanovic has done will to get here, but what are the chances of her being on fire again, even with the wind or whatever else may be affecting their play. In order to get her balls past Kim she'll need to be painting the lines like crazy, and I don't see that happening when the wind is blowing everyone's shots five feet from where they want it to go. And she's slow.

goldenlox
Sep 5th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Could you please remind us how much their going to earn?They're playing for free, just for you

Jorn
Sep 5th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Other than Kim they (the winners) earns $200.000, Kim also get Bonus money.

PlayByPlay
Sep 7th, 2010, 02:29 AM
Well day matches are more interesting.

ozfan44
Sep 7th, 2010, 03:58 AM
:rolleyes: at whoever started this thread..... so yeah it was so boring wasn't it....and kim vs ana was such a great match.... retards :rolleyes: