PDA

View Full Version : Caro defeats Taiwan 24-1

rhz
Sep 4th, 2010, 07:07 PM
vs Chang 6-0 6-0
vs Chan 6-1 6-0
and i still don't get you people why you still call her a pusher! She's so agressive nowadays!

Jorn
Sep 4th, 2010, 07:14 PM
Chan did deserve a few more games today, and she hits few more winners. But cound have been 60 60 had Caro not lost her serve....

poulao
Sep 4th, 2010, 07:24 PM
I think Caro has taken a big step forward this summer, but the match against Maria S. will give some answers. ;)

Nena_xxx
Sep 5th, 2010, 10:09 AM
These were amazing victories! Hoping that something like this will happen in match against Maria! :cheer:

terjw
Sep 5th, 2010, 02:12 PM
vs Chang 6-0 6-0
vs Chan 6-1 6-0
and i still don't get you people why you still call her a pusher! She's so agressive nowadays!

I have to disagree that she was agressive in these two matches. She was pretty passive and concentrated on what she does so well and cutting down her UEs to a trickle. Her last match in the wind - Virginia Wade commentating kept going on about how she wanted her to be more aggressive and go for it? In that wind? I don't think so. Caro did fine and won - her main goal and she did it 6-1 6-0 and gave herself plenty of margin for errors. You've got to think and play with some intelligence.

In Montreal and a few of her matches elsewhere - I've seen her be the more aggressive player and dominate most of the points. But most of her matches she doesn't.

She gave a very good answer about this in her interview. Why most of the time she was passive and there's been others she's been aggressive. Look at that for the answer - but basically ahe said a combination of a lot of factors - mostly how she feels that day but also her opponent and the conditions.

The only thing I really don't like when she plays mainly passive is often when she has her opponent in trouble who throws her return in the air and gets it back she still often backs off finishing her off with a drive volley and in effect that resets the point when she was on top.