PDA

View Full Version : Kevin.'s trip to Cincinnati!

Kevin.
Aug 10th, 2010, 06:35 AM
I decided to copy simonsaystennis and make a report thread :wavey: I live about an hour from Cincinnati and I am going to the University of Cincinnati in the fall so I thought it would be nice to go this event. I went in 2007 and it was awesome. I dont have a camera, but I managed to get a picture with Kim Clijsters and Ana Ivanovic on my phone :)

Day 1: 2nd round of Qualifying/MD players practicing
When I first arrived I saw Kim Clijsters practicing with Sabine Lisicki. Also Jelena Jankovic was practicing on another court, and next to them was Akgul Ammanmuradova and Julie Ditty. All eyes were on Kim and Jelena. Kim and Sabine and Jelena had no signs of injury and Sabine was hitting the ball hard and clean and Kim's angles were on point. Unfortunately Sabine lost her match to Monica Niculescu today. After their practice I got a picture and autograph from Kim. She is one of the nicest players I have ever met and Sabine just left. I then roamed the grounds more and saw the beautiful courts and stadium. They put the $10 million into good use!

I saw Vera Zvonareva leaving the practice court and she was not a happy camper..She was crying during her practice..Alona and Kateryna Bondarenko were wearing sweats in the heat for 2 hours :o :bowdown:. Next court over was Francesca Schiavone-Sara Errani. Schiavone was hitting clean and Errani was not...I got asked so many times who the players were and did not know that Francesca won the French Open :lol:. Right after I got her autograph she was teaching a little girl that "you can always get your dreams" in italian...it was ADORABLE! Right after Vika and Yanina Wickmayer had a practice session.those 2 were focused as they seemed annoyed when I asked the for an autograph..

I passed by Hsieh winning up a set and 5-1 and while watching Cirstea-Mills I saw that lead quickly go away.

Sorana Cirstea defeated Danielle Mills 6-3,6-2 and Danielle earned every game she got..Sorana's forehand is hit or miss but when its on..its lethal..Danielle needs to develop more power on that second serve and that is what got her..Sorana would just return it powerfully and on the line every single time. Danielle has game and just needs to develop more power on her serve.

Day 2: MD first round-Night session
I did not attend the day session but I went to the night session to see Ana Ivanovic play Victoria Azarenka...Right when I arrived Svetlana Kuznetsova was practicing and she is hitting clearly but from what I heard about Maria Sharapova is that she is playing some good tennis, so it is going to be a good match tomorrow night..I met up with Alex (simonsaystennis) and my brother (tennisbuddy12) and we went to take our seats to the Ana-Vika match..

This match was high quality and full of fistpumps and adjes..I counted like 10 adjes and 20 fistpumps from Ana alone and another 10 fistpumps from Vika..Ana's toss is still bad and Vika was having alot of problems as well. Vika QUICKLY went up 4-0 and all of a sudden it was 6-2,5-3..Ana started coming back with ferocious forehands and Vika's meltdown was imminent..She served two double faults and it went to a tiebreak and the woes continued and Ana won the second 7-6(6)...Vika went down a break and I told Alex if she goes down another break, it over..just 10 minutes later she was broken to go down and lost soon after..

Ana was very gracious to the crowd and a disappointed Vika left the court..While the Gullickson sisters were warming up against Kleybanova/Makarova I decided to go to the players lounge door and wait for Ana to get her autograph..I waited 2 hours for Ana and watched the whole doubles match on a big screen TV until it was 7-5 in the third set TB and the feed died :lol:. 5 minutes before the gates closed Ana came out and was EXTREMELY gracious to the crowd of around 15 (it started at around 75 2 hours prior). I got a picture and autograph and that was the end of my day.

I am going to be going all day tomorrow and I believe the day session on Wednesday. Any requests on info of players..I dont have a camera so I apologize for no pics :sad:

ALIEN
Aug 10th, 2010, 11:03 AM
Keep them coming! :worship:

matthias
Aug 10th, 2010, 11:07 AM
I saw Vera Zvonareva leaving the practice court and she was not a happy camper..She was crying during her practice

she even cry at the practice courts? :help:
this girl is just crazy

Drake1980
Aug 10th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Thanks!:D

duhcity
Aug 10th, 2010, 08:22 PM
How's the crowd? Big? I'm thinking of going for the Semis/Final, but wanna know if I can get tix day of

Kevin.
Aug 12th, 2010, 03:28 AM
How's the crowd? Big? I'm thinking of going for the Semis/Final, but wanna know if I can get tix day of

for the night sessions the crowd has been pretty big..at least 1/2 full first d ay and about 3/4 full for Sharapova.

my report is in GM now :)