PDA

View Full Version : Cincinnati Comeback City!

cosmoose
Aug 5th, 2010, 03:01 AM
As of today, our Sabine is still in the main draw in Cincinnati! :bounce:
http://www.cincytennis.com/2010_players/

I can only hope its true.

hellas719
Aug 5th, 2010, 03:22 AM
I'll believe it when I see it :shrug:

Sasja
Aug 5th, 2010, 06:36 AM
:unsure:

I need to wait and see it.
But it would be great to have her 100% fit on the court again :hearts:

Jogi
Aug 5th, 2010, 09:47 AM
this is such a good field, not sure if that's the perfect tournament to come back... but oh well, give it a try Sabine!

mk27
Aug 5th, 2010, 11:57 AM
I will believe it when she's on the scoreboard.

After her last facebook entry I don't think she will play here

Sabinator.
Aug 6th, 2010, 09:34 AM
From sabinelisicki.com Blog:

Hi Everybody, Ive been working very hard in the last couple of weeks to be ready to come back! This week Ive played many practice sets and matches and I feel good! Cincinnati is going to be my first tournament back and Im very happy about it. Ive always enjoyed my time there. Its a great tournament with a great facility and good crowds! Im really looking forward to playing my first tournament!

OMG!!! :bounce: I can't believe it!! :banana: :cheer: Beware! Sabine is back!! :hearts: :inlove:

mk27
Aug 6th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Great news :)

But I can only believe it, when she's back on the scoreboard. ;)

cosmoose
Aug 6th, 2010, 10:19 AM
I'm so happy! :bounce::bounce::bounce:

But I'm also kinda scared. Cincinnati Tier 1 is not the place you want to start your comeback! :help:

DiscoStick
Aug 6th, 2010, 11:09 AM
:woohoo:

Dokic-Fan
Aug 6th, 2010, 11:58 AM
It's good to have her back. :) :yeah: I hope she plays.

Omega1
Aug 6th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Sabine is back!

Omega1
Aug 6th, 2010, 06:12 PM
:yippee: Sabine is back!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::rocker2:

Sabinator.
Aug 7th, 2010, 09:12 AM
From twitter:

Arrived in Cincy. Its so great to be back! I really like this tournament! Doing the draw tomorrow... :)

:inlove:

mk27
Aug 7th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Cincinnati 1st round

Sabine Lisicki - qualifier

Maybe she has a chance, but I won't expect anything

crazillo
Aug 7th, 2010, 08:10 PM
First round depends on the draw, there's some dangerous girls in the qualies!

Second round would be impossible vs. Pennetta.

Jogi
Aug 7th, 2010, 08:20 PM
First round depends on the draw, there's some dangerous girls in the qualies!

Second round would be impossible vs. Pennetta.

depends on Lisicki's form, when she's playing well she'll always be better than average Pennetta ;)
but i don't expect anything from her now, winning a round would be nice

Vikapower
Aug 7th, 2010, 09:50 PM
Isn't there are Sabine introduction thread for new comers :shrug: Anyways it's my first time posting on her thread - I've always been a great fan of her but never motivated to talk about her. :angel: - During her injury break I've realised how I really appreciated her game and decided to take a better start as her fan. :lol: (Sorry had to say these...) :lol: As for the draw it looks reasonnable for a come back - Flavia can be though but very beatable anyway as this is a come back I don't think she has to be too tough on herself and take everything like it is... A third round would be great already.

Mashabator
Aug 8th, 2010, 02:58 AM
Sabine :hearts:

Sasja
Aug 8th, 2010, 06:15 AM
I do not know what to expect. There are some tough qualifiers in the draw.
I'm just happy to see her back on the courts and hopefully she continues to be healthy, play matches and the results will come again.

GL Sabine :hearts:

Omega1
Aug 8th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Beautiful Sabine, good luck

Omega1
Aug 8th, 2010, 02:47 PM
beautiful. good luck :hearts:

Michael!
Aug 8th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Nice that she is back, really, after she withdrew from Portoroz I had a bad feeling, great that she is able to play already in Cincinatti! Most important thing is that she stays healthy now, that she feels comfortable out there, result of her first match isnt that important, but for sure, if she feels good out there she could have some chances in her first match, well see, good luck :)

Michael!
Aug 8th, 2010, 10:49 PM
Monday, 11am local time
Lisicki vs. Niculescu

mk27
Aug 8th, 2010, 10:57 PM
H2H is 1:1

Maybe she can win at least a set :unsure:

Michael!
Aug 8th, 2010, 11:02 PM
On hardcourt Niculescu won only 1 match this year (before Cinci), didnt play any match on hc since March anyway :tape:
She even could win this, but I have no idea about her shape but she definetly should be able to win some games, dont expect a win anyway but not impossible, not the worst draw, as I said, most important thing is that she stays healthy, we will see about the rest :)

Sasja
Aug 9th, 2010, 06:24 AM
GL Sabine :cheer:

crazillo
Aug 9th, 2010, 08:58 AM
Probably not the best opponent to find your rhytmn. :lol: Good luck Sabine

DiscoStick
Aug 9th, 2010, 09:25 AM
OK first round opponent I suppose. Good luck Sabine!

Omega1
Aug 9th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Good luck Sabine :cheer2:

Dorien.
Aug 9th, 2010, 06:39 PM
She lost 63 60 :hug:

Omega1
Aug 9th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Hmm...difficult match to comment on.

From a personal point of view I am pleased to see Monica seems to be playing pretty good. 80 ranking points will put her pretty securely back in the top 100.

But obviously the focus of this match is on the return of Sabine. I can understand the disappointment of her fans. But I will try to say some consolidating words. Monica may not be one of the top players on the tour but she is very very awkward to play. When you have been out of the game for a while she is not the kind of player you prepare to play for your return.

Last year, Monica played Meghann Shaughnessy in Meghann's 1st match back after a long injury break and that didn't go terribly well for Megann either. It was 6-1 6-0. But the next week Meghann played Alona Bondarenko and although she lost again the score was a much more competitive 3-6 6-3 6-3. Meghann's next three matches against Cirstea, Bondarenko again and Hantuchova were all also losses but all were again very competitive. What I'm saying is that despite the noncompetitive nature of this match there is no reason to thing that Sabine won't be playing very competitively very soon. Simply Monica isn't the best opponent to come back to after an injury break. I should add Sabine is a lot younger than Meghann so I would expect her comeback to go much better in the midterm than did Meghann's also.

As others have said, it was good that Sabine finished the match too. I'm sure better results will come for Sabine before long so I can only say to Sabine's fans hang in there, it can only get better. :hug:

Sabine :hug:we are with you.Soon will be better.:hearts:

cosmoose
Aug 9th, 2010, 09:23 PM
Hi everybody, well it didn't go the way I wanted it to go. I've been practicing good and the warm up was good too but I was simply too tight during my first match... I'm disappointed because I know I can do better. The good thing is that my body feels fine! I'm a fighter and will keep working hard to get back!
Sabine is taking this much better than me. :)

Michael!
Aug 9th, 2010, 09:27 PM
as she said, good thing is that her body feels fine, some players just need a bit more time to get back in decent shape, today was disappointing but first match is always the toughest one, I hope that she can win some matches in Q of Montreal, depends on the draw, but she should have feel a bit more comfortable on court in her next match, now that she knows that her body is strong enough to handle a "real match", can only get better...

btw, ALG after her comeback, first match 36 06
Lisicki, first match 36 06 => I hope that Sabine will do better from now on than AL :tape:

mk27
Aug 9th, 2010, 09:42 PM
btw, ALG after her comeback, first match 36 06
Lisicki, first match 36 06 => I hope that Sabine will do better from now on than AL :tape:

ALG is now 3-7 since her comeback
Maybe Sabine could make it a little bit better

Both are in the qualifying of Montreal next weekend

HowardH
Aug 10th, 2010, 03:07 AM
:awww: :hug: Sabine

Probably not the best opponent to find your rhytmn. :lol: Good luck Sabine

That's right. Monica is awkward, throws a lot of junk and tricky stuff at you, and if you are a little off form she is not easy to play. If you are playing well you can attack her tricky shots, but obviously Sabine could not do that today without making errors. Still I would have expected much more from Sabine. Anyway, we'll see what happens in the coming matches. I'm sure it will be better in the next few tournaments.

I think Sabine's comeback will be successful, might take a little while is all.

Mashabator
Aug 10th, 2010, 05:21 AM
Sabine :hug:

DiscoStick
Aug 10th, 2010, 10:58 AM
Sabine :sad:

hellas719
Aug 11th, 2010, 06:33 AM
Sabine :hug: