PDA

View Full Version : SISTER SLEDGE AND THE WILLIAMS SISTERS DUE in St Lucia FOR A BIG SHOW.

Infiniti2001
Oct 14th, 2002, 01:30 PM
This is really exciting news for me, because as many of you know I am originally from this beautiful isalnd :)

SISTER SLEDGE AND THE WILLIAMS SISTERS DUE HERE FOR A BIG SHOW.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SHOP the Caribbean
Secure - Unique - Private
*Products from St. Lucia*
Local CDs, Books
Hot Sauce, Cocoa, Rum
Caribbean Clothing

*Available in St. Lucia*
Electronics, Appliances...
*FREE Regional Shipping*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Escape to Nature's Paradise

Book a Flight
Make Hotel Reservations
Check our Hotel Listings

Saint Lucia One Stop
News

------- Monday Oct 14 , 2002---- Sister Sledge, the multi-million selling recording artists with such hits as “We Are Family” and “Lost in Music”, will be in Saint Lucia for the World Travel Awards show to be hosted by Sandals St Lucian Spa & Beach Resort on October 25.

They will be accompanied by, Saint Lucian Boo Hinkson and leading Jazz Festival musicians will perform with the artists as local and international guests enjoy the awards ceremony—the tourism industry’s highlight of the calendar year.

Performers such as Mike Birbigilia, straight from Comedy Central and Late Night with Letterman, and Lydia Cornell, who featured in star hits such as “Too Close for Comfort”, are also set to perform and present awards to the industry nominees respectively.

Also expected to attend will be Chelsea Clinton and Venus and Serena Williams from the world of Tennis.

Organisers of the prestigious awards ceremony were this week finalising arrangements for the show at which 300 leaders of the local, regional and international tourism and travel trade representatives will be in attendance.

Coordinator of the awards ceremony Caroline Webster said that in addition to the awards ceremony, arrangements were being finalised for the World Travel Internet conference at Sandals St Lucia on October 24, and the World Travel Golf competition on the morning of the 25.

Last month the WTA launched its new website and announced a six figure marketing campaign in an attempt to get travel professionals to vote online for their favourites in travel and tourism.

The new site is the most comprehensive in the awards’ nine year history and features a streaming video of previous ceremonies, a live web cam link, updates on the night of the event and virtual tours of the Sandals Grande.

Rubylips
Oct 14th, 2002, 05:44 PM
Check out VH1 or 52, Tues 15, at 9 pm.Venus & Serena will be on Vogue image award.Just can"t wait to see what our girls will wear..:wavey: :)

Sam L
Oct 15th, 2002, 10:38 AM
Wow... I'd love to visit there one day too. Is it big on nature? wildlife? national parks?

I'm so jealous of the sisters, they get to go to Caribbean islands and Africa etc...! pfft :p ;) :)

Jovon
Oct 18th, 2002, 01:46 AM
Great news:)